PC indie platformers

Do you guys play indie platformers?

I don't play games made after sixth gen tbh.

Also how is Sanic CD indie??

Its fun and well animated.

Well, sega right now in such a poor state, it may be called an indie developer.

Nah, they butchered a classic. Fuck them, out of all the IPs to ruin, why that one?

You could have had a decent thread, but now you've shown how much of a fucking idiot you are.

I want to fuck the MSF gals

Has this word lost all fucking meaning? Might as well call Mario "indie".

Okay okay, i am an idiot, lets have a decent pc platformer thread.

Well, nintendo has its own console, and their ip actually had good 3d games, unlike sonic. So its evolved past indie platformer to be called such.

Stop

You post like a fag and your shit's retarded.

Check em

I am not a faggot, i actually hate faggots.

Play Claw OP you massive fucking faggot.
Its really good furfaggotry aside.

No, the developers and publisher are all French. Also, Omar Cornut may be the world's biggest Master System fan. Back in the 90s, he founded the SMS Power! community and created the Meka emulator.

Doesn't look that much fun.

I can hear you sucking nigger cock right now, faggot. Kill yourself and this shit thread

Well, fuck you too then.

Is there a decent 2D platformer recently released that isn't

You're a fucking landlubber then.

Sonic mania soon comes out. Freedom planet is great too. Shovel knight doesn't seem to be that hard.

No,
FUCK YOU

>>>/cuckchan/

I don't mind hard at all, I just despise that level of retarded bullshit.

I know what you mean.

DMC certainly not a platformer and you can fuck off to cuckchan yourself.

If you can't find a pre WB Monolith title fun you have irredemeable shit taste.
Even Blood 2 which is pretty subpar is enjoyable.

No you >>>/reddit/ faggot

Okay, i'l check it out then.

you are trying really hard to fit in and make it happen, it won't happen you know

The California hipster is a breed, it's not limited to a birthplace anymore. Also

What does hipster even mean now?

If that qualifies as banter than the bar for banter is so fucking low now that it's in the ground.

Sega isn't a developer you fucking retard.

Yo! Noid II is pretty fucking good for a game jam game.

They're as cucked as Mexifornia tbh.

You calling this an indie game gayboy?

It is good as a parody, but it still need a lot of refining to make it good as an actual game.

I just want to chime in and say this game did not fucking play this well back in the day. There was something wrong with the camera where you often times had to sit and wait for it to catch up with you, but whether or not that was the game itself or some compatibility issue with Windows98 I wouldn't know.

That's a different studio though.

Dustforce was pretty legit.

You really are a fucking retard. >>>/reddit/ and stay there.

No thanks

aren't these all console games that you can play on PC? PC platformers are more like amiga and 50hz trash and commander keen at 17fps. no wonder that genre is dead.

Though fuck that last one for switching from FOSS to a paid download. Not to mention it was really fun before they added magic in. I loved early builds of that game.

cave story is a tribute to msx/x68k games, it even uses the msx2 color palette. Very far removed from the PAL-shit scene.

Amiga was awful. 50hz gives you cancer and retards your thinking.

A word developers and good goyim use to deflect any criticism of a game.

pixel made 2 of the best

1/5 taste, seek improvement.

pleb

A lot of people hate on the frog one but it's simple and fun and, like cave story, has you curious about the lore of the world. It plays like an old arcade game where you get powerups at a hub between stages but it wasn't hard enough to be directly compared to one.

Why must OP always be a faggot?

I'm gonna make indie platformers great again. Seriously though, sorry that you guys don't like platformers, but I just think it's the best 2D view that you can get. Top down and isometric, you do not see the sky and character face/body properly. In a platformer, you get to see the ground and the sky, so basically you can see in the distance.

Because shills don't play video games, they play "interactive experiences":

How is it butchered? It's literally a graphics layer transposed over the original game.

s-sauce?

Were you born retarded or did something happen to you? "Indie" means independent of any publisher, not "shitty game" or "low budget". If Sega is independent then so is Nintendo by that standard. I think it would be more fitting to call someone independent if they have neither parent publishers nor shareholders, so that they have to carry the financial responsibilities on their own, but in turn are not obliged to obey anyone either.

is this game any good?

Checked. Such is the way of the world. Also OP is the fag who makes the thread, so it often is the attention seekers who make threads.

Average minimalist flash game that you are now expected to pay for. Newgrounds feel. Dev hates gamers.

that's a shame. I liked the look of it. Maybe I'll give it a pirate but with a dev like that it almost seems like a waste of my time.

DO NOT BULLY WONDER BOY!

The only redeeming quality of the game is its pretend ecology. But it's not interesting enough to warrant a purchase

t. a guy who fell for the trailers

It's kind of clunky, but you can tell its got heart

I hope you weren't giving the 1 to Shantae, because Shantae games are style over substance trash that only waifufags care about.

What made Sonic CD require a 75mhz Pentium when the Sega hardware it came from wasn't anywhere near close to that?

Fucking GOTY, but still is pretty short and lacking in some areas.

I propose a demarkation between Indie clique bullshit and passion projects of independent developers. The only issue is what to refer to the latter, as the term "Indie" has been completely co-opted by cucks with waxed mustaches and purple hair.

Is pic related any good, or is it just western trash that appeals to weebs?

Within A Deep Forest and Knytt Stories once in a while.

If Holla Forums doesn't like something that had low sales, it doesn't mean its necessary bad. Both Shantae and Mighty are enjoyable platformers if you stop being an elitist about the taste. Its just sad developers never had a chance against negative backlash. Only big corporations like EA, Bethesda and Ubisoft can buy scores and reviews, but small developers just can't do it. And they die. For no reason. And their great projects forgotten under pressure of some elitist cunts giving them negative scores just because they think they have higher ground. Most of people who shit on those games never even played them. Get Mighty no 9, turn on japanese voices, and its quite enjoyable. Shantae is a masterpiece too.

Dustforce is the greatest platformer ever made and it is a PC indie platformer

What do you mean dev hates gamers? Is he one of those Sarkeesian fellating assholes?

Why is it half the time indie devs turn out to be massive cuntrags? Why even make games if you fucking hate yourself and your own audience that much? Do they have a portrait of Phil Fish on their wall? Goddamn it.

You mean like Skyroads??

It's good but kind of short.

Do you want to progress in the game? Then it's a meh 6/10.
Do you want to fuck around with the monsters and environment? It's a solid 8/10.

and not a single one of these is PC exclusive
you're dumb as fuck, OP

Now this bait!

I'll bite, I guess. The game was a massive disappointment and failed hard to live up to it's own promises. It doesn't even use it's own ideas well at all. That is, ideas that weren't cut due to (((budget constraints))). The level design is breathtakingly uninspired and never does every remotely interesting and overuses the godawful "lock the player in a room until they beat all the enemies" gag. Overall, an incredibly lazy game pumped out on an shoestring budget while the producer pocketed the cash.
Shantae is fun

shit selection of games op, maybe that's why I don't play indie platformers…..or maybe I am sick of 9.000 different indie titles and they're all platformers.

Sauce it please. I can't find it.

The only thing i could find is that the main illustrator dev is diversity shilling, nigger loving swede.

Yes

Tbf the 'diversity' he's talking about is probably actual diversity (not nignogs raping white women diversity). No doubt he loves all that too though, judging by the other images.

It's not bad, you can tell the dev played Bloodborne before or during the time he was making it. It reeks of AWAY AWAY.

I honestly can't say if you should grab it on sale or not. I grabbed it during sale that made it $7, but I still feel like I paid too much. The fucking dev won't lower the price for shit though. Might see if you can get it on G2A for like $2.

Faggots like you, the game is great fun, its animated very well. In the hands of an actual "california hipster" it would have been some sjw garbage fest. kys

Source?

Where such morons like OP are coming from, someone should drop a couple of nukes there.