Localization antics - Zelda edition

So it surfaced recently that the english translation manages to fuck up a major detail of BotW ending. In english, it' implied that that's Ganon's true form, since he "gave up on reincarnation".
Well, turns out JP ending states
the exact
FUCKING
opposite
Source:
legendsoflocalization.com/breath-of-the-wilds-ganon-in-english-japanese/

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/carpefulgur/the-midnight-sanctuary
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you even surprised at this point?

Actual translation work is too hard. Be happy you even got this game goyim!

Nothing to see here folks, back to your Pokemon GO.

Why haven't you learned Japanese yet?

Ouch, that's pretty bad. Might even be a big enough slight they'll pretend it never happened by updating.

God I swear I've seen a post exactly like this one before but I can't remember where.

This is what you get when you suck the dick of any and every game with a half decent story.
Gameplay gets dumbed down. Story gets pushed harder which invites normalfags in.
Those normalfags get jobs and instead of taking the medium seriously they try to put in a bunch of "in jokes" to appeal to all the other normalfags.
So now what are you left with? Shit gameplay and a meme-ridden story translation that constantly pulls you out of what little interest in driving forward the story would have given you in the first place.

And if you complain? You're met with "it's just video games why are you being so butthurt? lol. Silly manbaby!" by the same group of chucklefucks who proclaimed games were art and should be taken serious.

But user, the completely natural consensus of people who don't have any bias towards nintendo is that breath of the wild is the worst in the franchise. Why would you possibly care?

How is that game, anyway? Translations aside.

It's great.

also casuals, 12 year olds and people who only know how to paw at screens.

for all the bitching i intermittently hear of shitty localizations, i sure haven't seen many memes about it

rub a dub dub thanks for the grub

This shit is never gonna end, is it.

Just stop.

Because Americans think entirely in memes.

Sick numbers wasted on Euro garbage.

Double trips wasted on bait.

Eh, goyim. The original writing is fucking shit and the content is fucking problematic anyhow, so be glad with what we give you! Take your pozz and enjoy it!!

What do you expect?
They translate shit without knowing the language and insert whatever they want in it with next to no oversight.

Are editors the real cancer of localization? Even if the translator is good, the editor is just going to re-write it anyway.

Jesus christ, how do you even go into a tirade about something unrelated like? I feel like there's some severe kind of projection going on here.

I don't play moongames, but what the fuck is this shit? Why is this allowed?

The whole thing is poorly translated, op. Probably why it didn't come with dual audio. I swear they didn't even bother trying and just made it up as they went, with the occassional azimuth check to keep from going completely off rails. Just listen to the first line on vah naboris and read the subs.
The game is mediocre anyway. The gameplay itself is kinda neat with a pretty good game world, but it doesn't carry the elements that I played Zelda for in the first place and the whole story feels like a shitty fanfic. Rito AND Zora? Gerudo are goodly? Etc. I mean, Skyward Sword was a shitty Zelda game, but Breath of the Wild isn't even a Zelda game in the first place - it's Dragon's Dogma, which was fun the first time I played it, and didn't need a LoZ coat of paint.

Don't get carried away there, user.

In my understanding editors are mostly failed writers. They think of themselves are great writers above the ones who did the main game, so the change all kind of shit to justify their jobs.

When you see so many changes it only shows the ego of the editor.

So did everyone just forget about the shitty voice acting that was outsourced to furries?

Since this is now a thread about terrible translations;

>get to the part where Alicia nearly sudokus herself trying to stop the gaint tank

Japanese is difficult to translate because a lot of meaning is often implied, but being so far away from the actual spoken words makes me wonder if they weren't making some of it up on purpose.
It is not like the overall story is different, just that some of these details are wrong.

These need to be purified in holy fire.

The entirety of GamerGate combined with everything I've seen here on Holla Forums actually managed to iron-clad my resolve in learning nip. I'm now making steady progress and I'm actually practice-playing Ocarina of Time, slowly making my way through it while translating the text. I suppose you could say that Literally Who deep-throating her boss made me learn a new language, so thanks I guess.

Are they even still in business? Last i heard, they made one last game after failing to translate a trails game, and then have just, disappeared.

Oh, they tried to kickstart a fucking VR visual novel, and it bombed spectacularly.

kickstarter.com/projects/carpefulgur/the-midnight-sanctuary

Guess I'll play devils advocate here.
Ganon giving up on reincarnation could be something like ganon not wanting to reincarnate as another being after he dies, assuming thats how death works in zelda, and he keeps on reviving as his evil self.

The only thing that's consistent throughout the series is that people, especially Link and Ganon, reincarnate as nearly exact copies of themselves. He's already reincarnated in previous games, and the other main characters are reincarnations between games. Ganon has a tendency to be revived instead of reincarnating, but he has reincarnated a handful of times before. From what I remember of Skyward Sword's plot Ganon is created for the sole purpose of eternally reincarnating again and again as an evil spirit to destroy Hyrule.

That's a double negative. Meaning Ganon wanted to reincarnate, wich brought up his form.

I suspected something was off the first time I came across that line. It's something completely out of the ordinary in zelda lore to admit that one of the big three characters wouldn't be able to reincarnate anymore. I thought "well that's a bold move, wonder if BotW will set is on timeline from now on". But nope, just a regular translation fuckup.

Yeah, I had a bit of hope they might kill that and introduce more one off villains instead of just shoving Ganondorf in whenever possible.

They don't translate well.

More reason to never buy a Switch if this is what they have for an excuse of a translation team.

That explains why it's usually the editor that's vocal on twitter.

They ruined their reputation with the Fortune Summoners censorship, and with them being goons. It doesn't help that that game looks like artsy garbage.

Are you reading it right?
According to OP the english reads as "gave up on reincarnation" and the japanese reads as "born from his obsessive refusal to give up on revival".
The english implies that instead of reincarnating, ganon simply revives himself or gets revived and the japanese straight up says that.

Its the new zeldo game, so that makes the previous game the better one.

It's not a double negative in the actual Japanese wording. I can break it down for you.

復活を諦めない妄念から暴走した姿

復活 = revival / resurrection

を= direct obj

諦めない = not give up

妄念 = firm conviction based on incorrect beliefs

から= from

暴走した= ran wild / gone out of control / rampaged / behaved recklessly

姿= form / appearance

"A rampaging form from a sinister resolve not to give up on revival."

I was referring to the japanese text. It's translated as a double negative. Contradicting EN text. But got me confused on something.
Isn't that a double negative?

It's a single negative.
ない is the negative ending in the sentence.
諦める = give up (positive)
諦めない = not give up (negative)

Nothing in the Japanese sentence means "want" or "not not want".

Dude I'm talking conotation here. "Giving up" means to not want something. I understand that you are taking it as a gramatical figure, a positive action, but "not giving up on something" means "to want something".
So it's still the case that Ganon wanted to be ressurected

NoA was never good

Hey Ghideon, how's SRW Alpha doing?

NoJ is not much better, btw.

I'd like to add that Ganondorf hardly if ever reincarnates, in a Link to the Past he had been sealed, in the Oracle games he was revived, in the original Zelda and Zelda 2 he is revived, OOT is his origin story, TP revived, WW sealed, Four Swords Adventures is probably the only time he's reincarnated and even then it's never stated outrightl.

Projection driven by self-loathing is a very common trait in goons.

That's too bad for the Japs that got involved with them, though in fairness the game didn't look very good anyway.

who don't play, drive people away from the game, and bring in people who don't play and just talk shit.

That's not safe space shit, that's literally just parasitic people being parasitic.

I thought that was strange when I got to that part, I found it weird and thought that maybe this would be the end of Zelda as we know it, seeing how much the game deviates from the franchise and how well recieved it was but I can see I was giving them too much credit and it was just out of incompetence

He was not revived in TP, Link was sent back in time and warned Zelda about his plan, Zelda told the king and Ganondorf was encarcerated and, later, sent to arbiter's grounds to be executed but, due to the protection of the triforce of power, the sages couldn't kill him and he managed to kill one of them before they banished him to the twiligh realm as a last resort

He stayed there until he saw his chance to make his move through Zant, so he's the same Ganondorf from OoT but older, just like in WW

My memory on LttP is fuzzy because it's been over a decade since I've played it, but wasn't Agahnim a reincarnation of Ganon, just like the two Ganondorfs were?
Unrelated but I wish they'd bring back Agahnim, I liked him much more than Ganondorf.

Just to give you guys another reference, I'll translate the German scene for you, since that's the version I played. I don't know who does that translation and whether it's translated from the Japanese directly or if it's an order removed through the English translation. In German it is:

Translating roughly to:

So the German one is relatively close to the Japanese original (though it doesn't mention that his refusal to give up resurrection has created his current form, just that it makes him furious). At the very least, it doesn't directly contradict it the way the English version does.

I'm working on it, but I don't care about Nintendo anymore.
Why is kanji such a shit system?
Compound kanji are also retarded, some combinations make no sense.
I could have learned fucking Russian by now.

You mean words?

In the American version, according to the manual, he's referred to as a "traveling magician" that came to Hyrule to serve the King, but he was a pawn of Ganon that used the King's resources to locate the 7 maidens and Princess Zelda and seal them away in the crystals so their power could not be used to challenge Ganon's reign in the Golden Land.

He probably means when two kanji (each with their own meaning) combine to form a new concept. It's more like combining two existing words to make a new one based on the concept. Such as Electricity "電" and Conversation "話" combining to make Phone "電話". The same happens with "admonish" + "observe" combining to make "police". Many don't work well with those kinds of patterns, though, and you just have to learn most of the combinations individually.

Those are just words. Kanji only refers to the individual characters themselves.

Probably inaccurate then.

I gave up on Japanese. The way I'd learned it is that each kanji is mostly dedicated to a concept. They can be words themselves, but they can also combine to form other words. They're semantic units rather than linguistic ones like with katakana, hirigana, and most other syllabic and phonetic alphabets (in which characters represent sound rather than meaning).

here's the latin american one
clearly the same as the German one but separate from the North American one.
Also nintendo give me a job I sort of know jap (more than these guys most likely) and will certainly do a better job.

Yes but nonsensical ones.
For example population is Jin for human and Ko for mouth.
Human mouth doesn't make me think of population, it makes me think of human mouths. Human and number would make sense, but no human mouth it is.
They also have multiple kanji for the same damn thing, strike/hit. Kanji being symbols, one would suffice.

It's gay when Japan does it, but at least those are the original creators, and not some scummy leech getting money by changing someone else's artistic vision, even if that vision is stupid.

It's not stated outright, but he is given a different origin from Ocarina of Time, so it can't be the same guy. IIRC there aren't many details to say when it happens except it's after the the other games with Vaati. And since it's a new Ganon it can't take place anywhere where Ganon should still be alive, which is the case in both the other timelines where he's sealed in the Dark World. But then Twilight Princess says he doesn't die in the Majora's Mask timeline either, so it must be way in the future either way. Would it be possible it's before Ocarina? Officially it's after Twilight Princess but I don't see why it would be there rather than literally anywhere else where Ganon isn't alive. Saying it's before Ocarina is more satisfying anyway since then Vaati isn't left still alive in two timelines.

tl;dr: The one time Ganon did reincarnate is the least coherent part of the series' story (Not that it matters much). And it's only in a weird spinoff multiplayer sequel that you need obscure peripherals and four game boys plus your console to play.

Naw Ganon was still alive but trapped in the Dark World and manipulated Agahnim or used him as an avatar or something. I don't remember what exactly Agahnim's deal was but Ganon was definitely alive the whole time. That's why he gets sealed at the end of Ocarina of Time, to match with the intro of Link to the Past, where he was only sealed.

Does it honestly matter with how retarded Zelda's Ganondorf Lore has become, after Demise Ganondork isn't even really worth talking about.

Who the fuck cares? Just learn Japanese already you lazy fuck, it's not like you have anything better to do.

This makes perfect sense if you think of the population of a tribe, city, country, whatever as a bunch of mouths to feed for the rulers.

I'm gonna guess it was a stillbirth.

Link could've been revived anywhere in that hundred-year stretch, though the bigger crime is how heavily the Gerudo were downplayed. They were flat-out thieves and brigands in OoT to the point where a mentioned part of Ganon's conquest was initially that he wanted better lives for the Gerudo via Wind Waker, then come BOTW they're full-on monstergirl and have a relatively peaceful, if anti-male society (which is something a great number of Gerudo in the towns question the necessity of and they only really follow it out of tradition). That and "one male every century" became "males are extremely uncommon for Gerudo", though that may just be the Gerudos' own viewpoint of it and they've never noticed any exact 100-years timing.

And now you're seeing why connected timelines is fucking retarded in games like zelda.
Sure it is all fun and games when we try to link them together in fanwankery sessions but at the end of the day they should be discarded.
Why?
Because they sure as fuck aren't developing for a timeline.

The repeats of themes, races, enemies, etc is really just them re-using assets to help speed up the process of building a new game. Shuffling around things here and there, sometimes adding some new stuff or removing other things.
The Zelda series, by this point, is essentially a big fucking lego set of things that could be used by anyone who wants to make a game. Little to no need to keep them entirely intact with previous game's interpretations, either.

That was the whole point of it, to my memory; Zelda being kind of a repeat with each game, the source-legend apparently being Ocarina of Time which gets bastardized, added to, or subtracted from as Hyrulian epochs go by as with an actual oral legend. Trying to tie them together in any fashion was fucking retarded, I agree. Even moreso now that Zelda's new director seems to be trying to make Skyward Sword related to modern Zelda in the same way OoT was related to Aonuma-era Zelda; Din, Nayru and Farore/the three Goddesses have pretty much been forgotten about in favor of "the Goddess"/Hylia, for instance.

Funny, I noticed something similar with Sonic Adventure 2 recently while watching the finale's cutscenes. In the scene where the ARK activates Gerald's program, and Robotnik meets everyone out on the bridge, Knuckles asserts that Robotnik is behind it and should stop, to which Robotnik objects. However, that objection was different between the captions of the Japanese and English videos I watched.

English:
Japanese:

It's exactly the fucking opposite. I'm inclined to believe the video's translation, because the official translation completely changes Robotnik's motivations as a character, and makes zero sense when you consider that he helps you stop the ARK immediately after. Robotnik doesn't want to destroy the world, he wants to rule it, and aside from that, he did have plenty of chances. I never noticed how out of place the line was, probably because I was 10-12 when I played it. My guess is that the translators weren't sure what the line was meant to convey, had two possible options to go with, and chose the more sinister of the two without considering the nuances of the character or context. Maybe someone who knows more runes than me can explain the details of the sentence.

Both adventure 1 and 2 has worst localizations in sonic's history, without a doubt. In both quality and meaning. I used to play them both with jp voices.

Also fucking captcha

All that needed to be changed in the translation honestly was changing a "this" to a "that" in "I'd have done this a long time ago if I had the chance!"

Did they outsource the translation to like indonesia or something?

It shows. I'm still not totally sure what the timeline was on the ARK and it's shutdown. Why was Gerald captured first? Why did they go back on a separate trip to kill Maria and the rest? Why was someone, presumably a GUN soldier/warden, helping Gerald film his doomsday announcement? If it was filmed in the cell that you see earlier on in the game, how did it get onto the ARK later on? I switched to JP voices after I beat it, and they really are a lot better.
Here's one I got a few weeks ago.

I don't even know exactly why and how the time reached such a bad point, like what is that even supposed to mean? "Why are you all being so butthurt" says the one who literally whine on the Tumblr 24/7 on periods how all videogames are raping woman, and what the hell does the word "it's just a game" even means? It's not just just a game! It is hope of people who all have the good time with it investing their time and money on it, it is efforts of team, hell, it's can be just person's extreme hardwork of artists, developers with no source at all like salt and sanctuary, or just lame excuse to suck in money with emotional leverage to woman with no life like overwatch does with Tumblrina's, heck half of all them don't even play videogames, since when woman had the rights to speak up to US in something WE care about.

And it's not like some woman don't play game or anything, salt and sanctuary was effort of a wife and a husband after all, even games like classic castlevania had Michiru Yamane's music that went greatly with music, but for some reason a bunch of idiots unite together who have no life or better hobby and go against something they all barely care about to feel like their life has some pupose, it's fucking embarassing at this point.

At least in the American version, in game, Agahnim is referred to by Ganon as his "alter ego".

They're called "kanji compounds" not "compound kanji". 漢字熟語

It's more like, "I would have done this a long time ago if I had been able to!"
やっておる = a form of やる, meaning "have done"
できる= means "can do" "be able to do"

Nothing in the Japanese original means "stop" or "knew".

You think someone proofreads (proof plays?) The game before its final release after a translation?

They were all in the game, though. The main goddess was Hylia but the other three had missions tied to the three dragons.

Here's a real gem for you. These people are a cancer on the industry.

諦める and "Give up" are not the same word. "Give up" is a two word compound in English, it's a translation. 諦めない means "Don't give up".

LOL

Presumably the game testers, right?

jesus christ I want to kill the people responsible

They really out their own biases, don't they?

What game?

What bothers me most isn't even the racelift or the change in gear. It's the fact that they saw "Tough, cute fit girl" and said "Big angry guy. Make it happen."

Luminous Arc. It came out about a decade back on the DS.

It'd be pretty funny if shoddy video game translations made people learn a language.

I somehow doubt the veracity of this post.

You sure that pic isn't bullshit?
Can't remember if I played the burger or eurocuck version, but I'm pretty sure there were absolutely no niggers in the game.
I honestly can't even imagine how the fuck is that replacement supposed to work, because its replacing one of the female only race of witches, and basically a harem member, with a fucking dude.

The "original japanese design" is from Luminous Arc.
The "Localized" version is Overwatch.

You'd be surprised how many of us Europoors went full autodidact English because of vidya.

I think I was 12 when I decided I couldn't stand my own language anymore. Translating just takes too long and the quality is often shoddy.

I'm shitposting, the black guy is from Overwatch. The girl is from Luminous Arc.

I don't know what I'd be doing now if it weren't for vidya.

Yep videogames are the best way to learn a language. It just goes straight into your brain. But also other things like cultures and history.

It is a shame the media and mainstream society continues to vilify this hobby.

I would assume they usually at least playtest it to make sure the insertion of the English script didn't break the game (preferably in full and not just bits and pieces; honestly something more companies need to do, especially fucking NISA, given how many fucking issues they have). However, I would assume that accuracy to the original script is NOT part of the testing at that point, other than to make note of remaining typos or text display errors (overflow, etc). More likely, the "proper" time to check the scripts themselves would be before even inserting them, but if it's just the script editor themselves doing their own proofreading, whether or not they care about accuracy to the original script/base translation provided is more than likely not as high as it should be. Especially if the company they work for is fond of letting their English (or other western languages) releases of games be rewrite-tier.

With the notion that a lot of these "rewrite-tier" game scripts come off as being done by "failed authors" it's likely MUCH less work for them to get jobs as script editors than translators, given the difference in already working with something in one's language (IE: translator gives them their work to edit) and having to learn another language to do your job. Which isn't to say that the translators themselves won't on occasion cause issues (a bad base translation can make a bad final script just as much as an editor taking liberties), but still.

Krijg kanker. Nederlands is een mooie taal.

Sure, they were mentioned, but they have no real prominence outside of those dragons; the only religion present anymore seems to be for Hylia, and if anything the dragons seem to be lessers to the Goddess. Even the Triforce doesn't seem to figure in anymore, for all of that, BOTW didn't shut up about Zelda's power being "blood of the goddess" instead of previous games' "golden power" and similar wordings.

Should've kept the ruse-cruise going, it's hilarious when nobody fact-checks for really obvious bait and then cry about biases in the same breath

I'm the first person to take up the pitchfork when a localization fucks up a game and loses shit in translation; even outright censors shit. With that said, this shit is trivial. The meaning is preserved in 99% of the cases and the only real divergence is the "eat your chips" bit.

I wish that Elves were real… Elven girls are so qt.

I wish squids were real

you pulled the plug too soon

I also wish that.

I wish that anime were real

haha

I'm not very good at lying so I wasn't really sure how to justify it believably. Maybe I should have been more vague about the game. There's always next time, I guess.

you had fun, thats what matters

For what purpose?

I seriously cannot fucking stand you weebcucks this exactly what you deserve

No. I haven't gotten to BOTW yet so idk how that one goes, but all the previous games make quite clear they have a relation to at least one previous game, giving you a relative timeline. The only one that doesn't really do this at all is Link to the Past, but nobody ever acts confused by that one.

To be fair, a lot of that stuff is clarified in Sonic Battle and Shadow the Hedgehog.

He's a genius scientist. Super science, bitch.

The original games' localizations pretty much removed and changed the entire story. So much that people argue about the localized version vs the original version to this day. Those are obviously much worse.

Just look at how much is missed in even the earliest Sonic games.

BOTW brings up the OoT, TP and Skyward Sword iterations of Link as previous Heroes, and oddly enough refers to Wind Waker through the existence of the Rito (alongside the Zora) and the Koroks. OoT and TP are only through those mentions of Link, and SS is mentioned through Hylia/The Goddess, the cyclical nature of the Hero being brought up at all, Zelda being implied to have heard Fi's voice after grasping the Master Sword, and how Ganon works as a big glowy demon-ball since he was apparently caught with his pants down mid-reincarnation or something (though how he's able to act upon the world as a disembodied spirit that hasn't even been reincarnated isn't ever brought up or explained).

If anything BOTW largely throws their established Historia timeline out the window through the Rito and Koroks being present. Whenever it is it seems to take place an immeasurably long time after Wind Waker or Spirit Tracks.

Is that on 4chan? The world has gone fully upside-down.

It's possible the Rito evolved anyway some time after Twilight Princess. And there are two types of Zora anyway so Rito and Zora can theoretically exist together.

Ugh whoever came up with barfing that into the chans that needs a hearty retroactive slap for cringey shit like this.

Surely it doesn't come from imageboards, but some normalfag niggerspeak place, like facebook or twitter.

Yeah, but that was just quoted from SA or some Carpe Fulgur forum, iirc.

I doubt it, Nintendo's own explanation was the Rito were a forcible evolution from the Zora on the part of the gods because the Zora would quite easily find Hyrule in the ocean completely regardless of that monsters now populate the Great Sea. They're also iffy on whether River Zora and Sea Zora are a thing at all or not, I remember the last time that was actually acknowledged was the Oracles games which made the distinction in the first place and were developed by Capcom to begin with, though Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks brings back river Zora as Zora Warriors.

The Zora all probably died from the turgor pressure of being flooded with salt water.

Nintendo can say what they want but unless it's actually in a game it's not canon. They can have ideas, but creators have a lot of ideas that change before ever making it to publication.

River Zora and Sea Zora are a thing. They're in the games. They don't have to get referenced every time, but they're a thing.

Yes you dubs getting niggers, you all posted there once too, deal with it.

I prefer smh tbh fam to "the chans"

You miss the point entirely. It's not the implication of acknowledging other imageboards, it's calling imageboards chans, you fucking newfag redditor.

This is what happens when you don't hit your children.

I wish my team was real

I call my teammates "dad" because they are never there.

Well they added this to Hyrule Castle Town in TPHD so it's likely they retconned Rito into that timeline.

I can understand the vilification of video games but I can't say they should be vilified. To make a my point and validate your other statement, I played enough of skyrim that when I heard a dragon speak their fucking dovahkiin language my brain would auto translate it to english. It's bad that I was addicted to a shit game but it might be worse that I started to use up brain capacity to learn a fake incomplete language that won't help me in life ever.

It's like, they start by memeing the fuck out of the game and then the farther you get into it, the lazier the translation turns out.

You're a dirty liar. I got to day 29 before starting to ask myself if there's a better way to find expensive items. I didn't realize you have to go through asinine methods in order to unlock new dungeons. I couldn't even figure out how to unlock the third dungeon. I couldn't have been further than 25% done with the game. If that's how the rest of the game is going to be, I am not interested.

5/10 had cute characters

The industry is shit, that's why.

It's not the game's fault you suck.

No.

Imageboards are chans tho.

Unless I'm expected to make 200,000 piks from the first and second dungeons, I am not the one at fault here.

True, the game shouldn't have expected a casual to figure out how to open the third dungeon within the first few days and keep up with the rest of the game.

They ruined their rep when one guy wanted to kill himself translating TitS SC and made it take 6 months too long to be released

I'd need a guide to figure that out. It's on part with La-Maluna with how much it doesn't tell you.

Nah, it was ruined before then, that's why people were upset when they found out he was going to be working on TITS, and Tom even had to make a statement that he wasn't going to let him fuck it up.

Learn the language of a people destined to die along with western civilization?

That's in 367 years time. What are you doing in the meantime?

Interpreting such an innocent scene as sexually explicit speaks volumes about the localizer's repressed urges.

Wait, I can't tell. Is the guy in pic 4 one of the FGO localization staff?

No that's the guy from Carpe Fulgur, who censored Fortune Summoners and wrote the text in the third pic.

Okay good. inb4 FGO NA was censored and I never knew

He really screwed Xseed with his "depression".