EDF and you

Is there any vaccu-succ mod or cheat for EDF 4.1 that allows you to auto-pick up boxes in the reasonable radius around your character/vehicle, but not everything on the entire map at once?
I don't want to break the game, but I also don't want to run around like a retard and pick up every single box separately, especially when there are hundreds of the.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qHMaVmNz7cA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WORK THOSE LEGS FAGGOT

That kills the game.

Imagine saying that about any game.

"Hey dudes, is there a mod for quake that auto pick ups items from a distance? They kill the game if i have to go towards them!"

Quack is a competitive shooter designed around map control and player's shooting skills.
EDF is a PVE anime grindan about blowing houses up with friends.
Don't be retarded.

To be fair, auto pick up on health drops would be kinda easy mode

Are you such a casual you want PVE game to be kind to you in such retarded ways that you won't even need to pick up things?

Have you even played EDF? Picking up armor and weapon drops is just a pain, and due to the musou qualities of the game there can be hundred just lying around. And if you're not a fencer or wing diver it can take forever to pick them up, and if the mission ends before you do then you just have to eat shit and not get them.

Well yeah I was mostly talking about armor and weapons.

Yes. This is why loads of grinding games have a large suction radius for items, or don't have large enough maps to need it. Killing things for items is fun, wandering about to get them all isn't, especially when there's no option to say "stop ending the fucking mission when there's several weapon boxes right in front of me". I'd compare it to those kinds of freemium games that intentionally cap how much you can grind in one mission/day by giving receding amounts, except they also aren't asking for money either. You physically can't get all the drops in a mission unless you kite enemies around. It's bad design.

If this ever happened to me while playing a match as I still often like to do, you better believe I will march right back here and have Mark dump your mercantile ass in an internet oven faster than you can say "muh grindan tho"

So there IS a solution?
Fuck. I can't google up anything.

user I believe you have missed the point

Is there a good place to start with this series that doesn't require giving Sony money?

Point is that you didn't use quality of life improvement tool that the other guy did, which fucked you over in the end.
It was your fault entirely.

That "quality of life" tool doesn't exist, that was what I refer to as a "hypothetical". Also

Feel free to be a fag somewhere far away from EDF. Your cheat doesn't exist guess you'll have to play nicely :^)

I wish there was a mod that would end your faggot life OP. Learn to tie a rope.

Grabbing loot takes longer than playing the mission, waste of time. Should just have loot awarded at the end of a mission without having to run around.

Ranger is the one exception I'll give you that, but if you're doing online if you're not then you're playing it wrong then you got 4x the manpower scooping up booty. If you really just want a game to give you shiny weapons to gib shit with, just play DOOM or something

I don't even know why this triggered you so hard, but I'm glad that it did.

How exactly do you even "zip around" as Air Raider?

You're the one complaining about video games my fam. Just like go outside if it annoys you that much :^)

That's funny, I could have sworn old EDF threads had a consensus going that box grinding was an aspect that the game could do without, and that armor values per box should be increased at the very least.
Wherever has this GIT GUD posse come from, I wonder?
The DLC has a much larger amount of box drops in tighter areas if you're looking for a goyim way to alleviate the problem

There's a trick for this you scrub

This way, you got double the reward while playing solo

Listen, you're the one so bad at this game that you want to hack it. How bout you become proficient instead?

Of course you would know to do that if you weren't a summerfag that dropped the game after 5 minutes because you can't be bothered to apply yourself.

The real irony here is that I'm trying to help you cultivate a strategic attitude where you'll enjoy playing (online greatly alleviates the grind, play characters that are mobile, etc), when in reality there's no way I would want some lazy summerfaggot with a predisposition to cheating clogging up the roster slots. Just play something else numbnuts.

So like is there a solution or not?

Some user claims he had an auto grabber script but lost it, so no you're out of luck.

Buy it on steam? EDF 4.1 is available on PC

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM NIGGERLY ATTACK!

Does this work now? I remember on 360 if you weren't both the same class you wouldn't both get the items, only the class that picked them up would.

I think so

That's just cheating. I could use cheat engine if I wanted to become invincible and plow through the game.
Convenience != cheesing the game.

Except that it's true for a lot of games, you fucking faggot.
Playing Red Faction: Guerrilla right now, and holy fuck, collecting scrap is one of the biggest pains in the ass. But, at least a car picks them up in a fair radius.
Meanwhile, in EDF, on top of having slow speed unless you're playing the lancer type using the whole shield slide shit, you have to actually physically touch every single fucking box.
It's absolutely miserable, and murders the pacing of the game.

Get cancer, mate.

fencer can dash cancel shoot across the map. arguably faster than wing diver.
air raider tanks and spider are fine for collecting.

side jumping as a ranger is annoying, but honestly its not a big deal.

I quit playing the game after about 90 minutes because of this.

I hate picking up loot in any game but holy shit it's never been so bad it made the game unplayable.

I don't really see the problem but I'm always rolling into pre-limpet'd insectile vermin. I guess it would be nice if the troops had the possibility to pickup. I love those guys but they're a bit one trick.

how do I farm weapons for fencer solo on hard

he's fucking useless for the time being but he seems like he's so fun later on ahead

just dash cancel dude

Fucking kill yourself casual

I just want to kill bugs with online buddies…

Pirate it. It's possible to play online with fellow pirates.

Liking game despite its flaws is one thing, but being a fucking drone should be bannable offense.

Just ignore any boxes that aren't in your immediate vicinity, the loot tables are structured in such a way that picking up EVERY box on EVERY mission will, more often than not, just result in dozens and dozens of duplicates.

I never said it made it hardcore it does though
I said it doesn't make the game unplayable, because it doesn't.

But you don't have to do this at all. In every underground mission bugs don't spawn unless you run forward so you can pick up all the crates you want. Or they spawn but don't attack you unless you get too close or attack them first. Some other missions are just like that too.
Or are you just baiting?

Holla Forums is so beyond dead by now it could be considered an elder god. How about some proper EDF posting instead? New stream coming up on the 24th. youtube.com/watch?v=qHMaVmNz7cA
Here is last stream where they showed off some improvements again, most importantly air raider targetting and multiple whale target limpets on reload instead of credits. 5 is looking to be an amazing remake/reboot of 2 so far. My only fear is that they are completely cutting out the giant robot enemies since they have only shown biological enemies and flying mechanicals so far.

God damn, I hope not. There's absolutely nothing like smashing up Hectors with missiles, or a Balam. Or both. I guess the ayys and frogs would lessen the blow a bit, but more variety can never be a bad thing.

Speaking of which:

The giant frogs basically take the place of hectors mechanically. I don't know why they'd bother putting both in.

God, I hope not
Slow walking alien machinery arriving at a beachead is a stable of
Science Fiction media and specially Kaiju films.

I don't want my Hectors gone, I want them enhanced.

I also wish they would add the Centipede from 2.
I also hope they show some more new enemies humanoids and Anthro do nothing to me, that new giant monster looks pretty good though and so does the new shelled Giant Incest.
I want more like that though.

Moving Fortress X4 please
Too early to know
Most of it is reskinned from 4.1 and they haven't shown nothing else new on that department, but with the Ranger being able to call for some basic vehicles, I'm hopeful we will see some crazy shit.
They're either holding back on us or just didn't add that much to the game overall.
I want to see how the EMC handles

Does anyone have any tips on how to make the game run smoother? I'm running 8 cores at 4.0 Ghz, a 1070, and 16 gigs of RAM, and I get slowdown that makes the game run sometimes at single-digit FPS. It's borderline unplayable at times, and slow at best. I see people getting 60FPS on hardware one third as powerful as mine.

The fuck do you want faggot?

Box collecting is a hassle because it doesn't do anything until you finish the mission. It doesn't effect the way you play inside the mission. When a health kit drops, you have to fight hordes while making your way to the next health kit to stay alive. With armor and weapon boxes, you have to run away from the fight, keep enemies alive at the end of the fight, and get punished for picking a slower moving class like the Ranger. I don't know why people are arguing against this idea thinking it's casual or something. It's simply not fun to do and wouldn't dumb down the game if it was way more convenient.

It would actually be gameplay changing if the weapon boxes gave you a chance to access the new weapon on the spot (though this wouldn't really make sense) and armor boxes increased your max health on the spot without effecting your current HP.

I like how Wing Divers actually have an air dodge and Ranger can sprint. Giving Rangers the ability to summon bikes was a good idea too. It was completely wasted on Air Raiders as a vehicle to summon when anything else was a better pick.

The new Fencer looks worse IMHO (Helmet and chestplate)

Sure hope so, though i expect more than just fists
and what said
DAWHALE
atleast it kinda offsets his lack of mobility, since his only way to move fast in 4.1 is side-rolling and i sure do hope they won't make the bike shit. Also buff the Gigantus and the Titan
YES
MORE THAN 4 PLAYERS
LESS BAWXES
MORE BUG TYPES
MORE GIANT ENEMIES

Agreed

Bumping due to spam pushing everything off the board.

The game stores the total number of armor/weapon boxes picked up in memory, as well as an internal counter of how many boxes (including health) have dropped.
All you'd have to do is make a cheatengine script that simulates the % droprate between health, armor, and weapons, then run the script to simulate picking up armor and weapons based on the boxes dropped. 4.1 has a cap of ~120 boxes on the field at any given time, so you'd probably need to also add a function to reset that value (which doesn't delete the boxes) to 0 whenever it hits 100 or so. Bear in mind that it would mean more boxes on screen which can make the game lag if your PC isn't up to par. From everything I know about the game, though, this should work fine. Of course, it would also make physically picking up the armor/weapon boxes do nothing, but that's kind of the point innit?

also I'm too lazy to program this myself so good luck