Rez infinite

So this came out on Steam a few days ago.
honestly the only thing i know about this game is that it's some LSD shit or something, and the PS2 version came with a vibrator.

Is this a good game?
Is playing this version worth it over just emulating the PS2 version?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!CQJx3IqL!7yQGSK-e0LB2UFAo7TnNVEaJogu5zCOkCjq8ITp5PD0
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82468&sid=5e20c2e6695f77772c9dac489bf53c74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The original is better, there was also a crappy sequel for Kinect. Play the original as well since they are short as fuck.

mega.nz/#!CQJx3IqL!7yQGSK-e0LB2UFAo7TnNVEaJogu5zCOkCjq8ITp5PD0

It's pretty good if you can enjoy rail shooters and the music style otherwise not really, the scoring part is also pretty hard to master on top of the regular game.

Yeah, for one you get true 60fps and not whatever deinterlaced garbage PCSX2 shits out or the 30fps the DC version has.
The audio still isn't on par with the DC version (none of the following version are, some have different audio samples in places and some have level issues), this version in particular has some levels fucked on some sound effects, not sure if it's really noticeable if you haven't touched the older versions.
Only thing you're really missing is the old style level select, and the requirements for the best ending have been lowered a tiny bit iirc.
There's also mouse control but I haven't bothered checking them out yet.

Not really, if you're really autistic about the audio maybe, the 30 fps really hurts the experience now that I'm replaying it to compare.

There's a 60FPS port for XBLA

Didn't the first game come with a peripheral for the PS2 that vibrated or something like that?

True but that requires an x360.

I'll take your word that it's good, thanks user.

Thanks for the link pal, I wasn't looking forward to shelling out for another game with a few new releases on the horizon.

And surprisingly there was a disk release.

Any idea how I can launch that in VR mode?

I'm really missing the stings when you advance boss phases. Other than that I haven't noticed anything particularly off about the audio.

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82468&sid=5e20c2e6695f77772c9dac489bf53c74

Oh my god. I just played through Area X with VR. This is a fucking lifechanging experience, nothing I have seen in VR is even remotely close to this, it's fucking beautiful. I'm buying the collector's edition right now, unless someone knows another outlet where the devs will get a bigger cut of the money. I'm awestruck.

Aww shit, nigga. You made my shitty day less shitty by posting this.

Damn, this game is gorgeous. And it's pretty light (pun sorta intended), I maxed it out even though my GPU is below even the minimum recommended.

Muh synesthesia.

Gay.

it's panzer dragoon but really easy and "vector" stylized and has cool electronic music.

panzer dragoon is better, but rez is good

Maybe the recommended specs are for VR mode?

yeah the game can probably run on any pc from the past 7 years. you can adjust the settings accordingly.

holy shit the hype

This is great, but best way to play it is with no mouse

Is there DRM?

Learn to search before making a new thread faggot

You are retarded, this port is perfect and mouse support is godly.
Plus, Area X is like a new game and it's pretty great.

lol xd monica lol

Could someone play it with a controller? i can't make it work. I even used Xinput to make it look like a Xbox controller, but nothing

I played it just now with my steam controller

Either my sister still has it or it got lost when we moved to America.

I'll be blunt - I was a stupid kid. I had no idea what she was doing. All I knew is that she smoked and mom hated it. If I ever get a time machine, I'd tell my younger self to break out the camera and record it.

I shouldn't be too surprised given the age of the game but that's always nice.

I assume it's really really easy with mouse controls compared to the original PS2 game.