R8 my monster, Holla Forums

r8 my monster, Holla Forums.

he's only my second one - RIP Suezo.

Other urls found in this thread:

legendcup.com/raisingmethodsmr2.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Monster ranchsomething?

It's Monster Rancher 2

Good job. Hope you have fun unlocking them all. The mechanics behind raising them are surprisingly complex

I remember my strongest monster was that same type. I didn't even know they could die until he did.

I can't get the slates to work on this ROM so I'm only training Market Monsters, kek.

Fuck yea, but I think so long as your monsters never get stressed or KO'd in battle they will live a lot longer. Also Magic Bananas.

I had to let my Suezo die so I could unlock the graveyard/temple.

Feels bad man. He was a throwaway Monster but I grew attached to him because we were in so many battles together. He only lived for 2 years and 10 months but he had a record of 99 Wins and 21 losses. Fucking trooper he was. Thanks to all the money he made I was able to raise this dino with all the proper tools: mints, oils, tables, bananas, etc.

RIP Suezo, the hero you needed but not the one you deserved. May you never be forgotten.

I kind of want to get back into Monster Rancher and play a later game, but I never even made it far in MR2, so I'm not sure I'll actually keep playing. They're really fun, just lose interest at some point. Which is weird, considering I usually can keep at simple sim-raising games like Princess Maker.

I remember your assistant, or some other npc, would sometimes mention that there's a lifespan extending fruit you can find in the jungle expeditions. I had one massive strong Golem-Gali mix that I badly wanted to save. I kept trying to raise monsters strong enough to explore long enough, but I never found it.

Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if that was really a thing. A quick search through google turns up no mention of such a fruit… Was I just a delusional, hopeful child?

God I love Monster Rancher 2. Monster Rancher Advance 2 is also quite good. That series needs a revival.

Magic Banana, but there are specific circumstances involved, and it will only add a week of life per banana it looks like:

legendcup.com/raisingmethodsmr2.php

This was in MR1

Monster Rancher becomes more and more complex the more you advance, that usually makes my interest weaver since the game is surprisingly comfy too, but having to do math and worry way too much about my monsters stress me.

Yeah, the stress of losing a monster really gets to me. I sometimes can't handle fusing some demons I've had in SMT for a long time if they've served me well. I guess I'm just weak.

I know that feel. Games that oblige you to threat companions like objects are really stressful. Lisa was really painful for me as well.

Espxe is what you have to use to emulate cd swapping unfortunately. Its a shit emulator but you gotta do what you gotta do.

This is the one I'm using but it still doesn't work.

You made this thread just to trigger me didn't you?

Noice. Not bad for early on.

Please tell me you waited at Rank 4 to get the mock seeds from the item shop…

Not bad. Never bothered with zuums.

Answer me why did you make you zoom slow?
ITS CALLED ZOOM
ZOOM ZOOM NIGGA

Zuums had the best genes. Crabsaurian was always my go to

There were golden and silver peaches in a specific place in reno.
They do jackshit late in a monster's lifespan, so you were still a delusional child.

Don't mind me, just one shotting your low rank monster, cucking you out of this tournament.

the reason his stats are so wonky is because I actually raised him with the intent to combine him later. So I raised his 3 highest based stats and ignored everything else. His 3 highest based states were Power, Ski, and Def.

Bump for Monster Rancher

Monster Rancher 2 has some of the most kickass, comfy, and dreamy atmosphere I've ever seen in a game. It's one of the reasons I love retro games so much; the atmosphere is usually incredibly fucking comfy.

I was the fuck raising a Vanity, a Pixie/Suezo mix called "Natty" back in the Monster Rancher 2 threads we had going for a good week or so. Maybe we should try again? I love this franchise and having a small base of fans here would be the comfiest fucking shit.

FUCKING GOLEMS AND HENGARS FOR CENTURIES

Shiiiit I want it. Even a good knockoff would be nice

I'm legitimately surprised no one has made a PC version of it yet. I mean, aside from the CD swapping, the core mechanics are pretty simple.

Hell, just imagine modding for it. People adding Monsters, or Monster Mix breeds.

What would you even replace CDs with? Typing letters and drawing shit didn't pack as much of a punch in my opinion.

Images. Input a dank meme or smug anime girl from your reaction image folder and see what kind of monster it spits out.

>Insert MP3 into shrine

This is also a really good idea. Turn your favorite waifu images into your pedigree champion.

QR Code maybe?

The thing with just replacing them with computer files is that CD were limited and often in short supply, so it's not quite the same. Also PNGs/MP3s would be easy to engineer OP monsters into (and i always disliked that "duh the monsters too strong for your shitty ass ranch" bullshit) I've thought of this same thing before and my idea was replacing them with either devices connected to a wireless network (like The Denpa Men) or USB devices. The problem with both is that they're even more limited and there would be a lot of overlap between different people playing the game. So yeah, MP3s and PNGs are overall better. any /agdg/ fags here?

Fuck me that's good shit.

I liked how Monster Rancher Advance did it, where you had to progress to unlock capital letters and more letter slots. I could see how MP3's / PNG's are exploitable.

Kek, that'd be neat.