Whats the point

Gavin Sanders
Gavin Sanders

Video game board games that are just shitty emulations of the original games with nothing new or interesting added with rules that are pointlessly frustrating or not well thought out

whats the point

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Hulk

Connor Bennett
Connor Bennett

dark souls table top game
I would acquire such awesome thing just for collection. I would even try to paint figures.

Robert White
Robert White

To make shekels with minimal effort, I guess? Funny thing is, more effort is put into video game versions of board games. I suppose they need to go full circle, and make video games of board games of video games.

Ethan Perry
Ethan Perry

The actual game is pretty fucking flawed though. nobody wants to repetitively grind in a fucking board game just to cross fingers that the equipment slot machine doesn't fuck them over out of the chances they have.

Mason Murphy
Mason Murphy

Here's some of them painted

Adrian Lewis
Adrian Lewis

board games
What's the point?

Aaron Moore
Aaron Moore

Smough has a ballsack near his face
What a dickhead

Isaiah Johnson
Isaiah Johnson

Doesn't seem too complex judging from stats you have available.

Evan Mitchell
Evan Mitchell

Damn they look great, shame that they are so small.

Levi Bell
Levi Bell

You wouldn't want your figures to be too big for a tabletop game.

Jack Hall
Jack Hall

Stats don't mean shit, they're arbitrary hard limits to what a character can equip at a time and that's where the item slot machine can really fuck you over. The game is simple once you learn it, but so much of the time spent playing and learning feels so wasted when you realise how arbitrary, dull and boring it can get.

Justin Turner
Justin Turner

That's pretty much why anyone bought it. The actual game is terrible.
On the other hand, there exist board games that absolutely crush their original source material…

Evan Garcia
Evan Garcia

Tabletop gaming is generally a boring experience if you don't have smug friends with you.

Noah Thomas
Noah Thomas

Damn, that looks nice. It could use better enemies and bosses though.

Juan Ortiz
Juan Ortiz

It's a genuinely bad experience even with friends.

Jack Cooper
Jack Cooper

It could use better enemies and bosses though.
They are going to jew people on expansions. Lots of expansions and addons.

Jaxon Smith
Jaxon Smith

that cheap shitty soft plastic
$120

Michael Roberts
Michael Roberts

Fucking hell.

Jaxson White
Jaxson White

Well that's true but they look so good that it would be really cool if they were bigger.

Samuel Rogers
Samuel Rogers

I heard the Bloodborne board game was pretty good. Bioshock: Infinite also had a board game that was infinitely better than the original.

Justin Morales
Justin Morales

Bloodborne one is a card game though.

Nolan Fisher
Nolan Fisher

I have this. I only played it once so far but it was fun.

Jack Foster
Jack Foster

The problem is that it's not minimal effort. Designing board games and pen and paper RPGs come with difficulties that vidya will never have. The real reason they went after this particular market was because Kingdom Death has been raking in millions of shekels with a somewhat similar business model: Big box, lots of tiny bits and cards, tons of minis, etc.

Also shit like this – Pledging extra money for mini expansions that amount to more cards and more minis.

Dominic Robinson
Dominic Robinson

Oh shit, you're right.

Anthony Bennett
Anthony Bennett

I have never tried to arrange a small-scale production run of plastic miniatures

I'm legitimately curious to know just how much you think it costs to sculpt and produce a mold designed for a 50,000 unit run.

Blake Ortiz
Blake Ortiz

Truly the dark souls of tabletop games

Dylan Smith
Dylan Smith

How about video game comic adaptations by shitty fanfic writers who fucking rape lore and crap art?

Henry Martin
Henry Martin

Video game comics are almost always awful. I once accidentally downloaded the Silent Hill comics when I was younger and more foolish, holy shit what a mess of terrible writing and artwork.

Anthony Brown
Anthony Brown

comics suck
Who knew?!

Adrian Price
Adrian Price

boardgame
emulation of the original game
The only things they have in common with the original games are the looks and names. The gameplay is almost always different.

Logan Diaz
Logan Diaz

How about shitty music videos?

Benjamin Murphy
Benjamin Murphy

Last one

Ayden Ward
Ayden Ward

Providing a basis for structured play and socialization among children. The next rung on that ladder would be "social lubricant" shit like Cards Against Humanity or Exploding Kittens designed for drunk millennials.

Nathaniel Watson
Nathaniel Watson

Cool mini's

Ethan Miller
Ethan Miller

Advance wars boardgame
They aren't even injectec plastic figures, just squares with stickers
No fucking way of playing with FoW
Why even bother

Brody Butler
Brody Butler

Nobody checked these quads

Jonathan Turner
Jonathan Turner

On the other hand, there exist board games that absolutely crush their original source material…
Here's another one that does that. Although crushing the source material isn't too hard when the source is garbage to begin with. Damn shame this card game didn't get one or two more mechs to flesh out the deck building.

Gavin Collins
Gavin Collins

dark souls board game
It takes the main good thing about the series, the action gameplay, and bins it. This shit is only for lorefags who care more about what they think the series represents than actually playing the fucking games.

advance wars board game
Don't fucking post that shit here. You'll just make me sad.

Nolan Foster
Nolan Foster

an entire hobby that thousands of people enjoy on a daily basis is bad because I don't like it
Do you have a blog I can subscribe to?

Hudson James
Hudson James

That Dark Souls board game kicks ass. You have to grind less the more people you're playing with.

Ethan Cook
Ethan Cook

his brain is so high on video goyims he cannot enjoy 6 hours of a strategy boardgame
How does it feel to have the brain of squirrel?

Connor Lee
Connor Lee

it goes both ways

Nathaniel Thomas
Nathaniel Thomas

papa nier looks even more like guts.

fairly sure space hulk isn't the actual board game. if they made the actual board game into a video game they might not sell quite as many figurines.

Kayden Foster
Kayden Foster

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Hulk

Ayden Evans
Ayden Evans

The molds are the expensive part, not the plastic you dweeb. Hence my gripe that they're pinching pennies on low quality plastic.

Carson Reyes
Carson Reyes

Actually I remember the Resdient Evil comic being pretty cool, though the plots weren't cannon.

Camden Miller
Camden Miller

There have been two recent Space Hulk video games, one of which was a direct adaptation of the board game and one which had a similar overall design as a turn based strategy thing but very different execution. There was another one way back in I think the Sega Saturn days that was an action game too.

Josiah Hernandez
Josiah Hernandez

well look at me being retarded. still though That board game sounds fun I should get it and play with my buddy.

Jayden Lewis
Jayden Lewis

The.Advance Wars one looks actually pretty fun. What the fuck.

Josiah Ramirez
Josiah Ramirez

Just got home from work, so I won't bump the thread, but it's a free fanmade print and play game, I'd give it a look if I were you. I haven't had the chance to play it myself, but it seems really flexible in terms of maps, units, and so on, and quite accurate to the source mechanics.

Gabriel Hall
Gabriel Hall

according to almost everyone i've talked to who played it, apparently the doom boardgame they released after doom 3 was fucking incredible. i never played it myself though

Wyatt Green
Wyatt Green

The Ratchet & Clank comic was by the writer of the games and ended up being better than the game it was a prequel to (All 4 One). It's also canon and makes a lot of stuff that seems just like random humor in the game actually have a good story behind it.

The original Sonic 1 manga is also surprisingly good. The only good Sonic adaptation until the Mega Man crossover comic.

Noah Gonzalez
Noah Gonzalez

Novelty.

Easton Bell
Easton Bell

2nd pic
not making his face a sickly green/pink travesty
Shameful.

Robert Bennett
Robert Bennett

:^)

Matthew Torres
Matthew Torres

Providing a basis for structured play
and socialization among children

Xavier Morales
Xavier Morales

CAH
The use of complex sentences and "pick 2" cards results in unfunny nonsense phrases
none of them are truly offensive
Max Temkin is a leftist
Shit clone of Apples to Apples.

Ethan Foster
Ethan Foster

for drunk millennials
implying fucking everybody on Holla Forums isn't a millennial

Kayden White
Kayden White

Fuck off nigger I was born in 1927

Jordan Bell
Jordan Bell

Anyone seen the Tetris Card Game (or it's board game counterpart?)

Advance Wars board game
If Intelligent System ain't gonna make a new AW game and if you lack programming experience, constructing a board game is going to be the closest thing they can make to a new game.

Heard some game companies do consider board/card game design knowledge when hiring because it can cross over into vg design knowledge.

Evan Taylor
Evan Taylor

The Donkey Kong Jenga isn't bad. You can still at it as regular Jenga, and the Donkey Kong mode is spinning a roulette and trying to make your Mario get on top of the tower so you win, but you can also eat shit and remove more than one piece.

What videogame-themed board game would be decent?

Alexander Sullivan
Alexander Sullivan

people still fall for this shit in CURRENT YEAR+2

Luke Thompson
Luke Thompson

Fall for what, exactly?

Robert Gomez
Robert Gomez

not getting rid of all the shitty and/or excessively vulgar cards, forcing people to actually be clever
not using custom cards
Though to be fair I haven't touched CAH ever since I got Quiplash.

Nolan Ramirez
Nolan Ramirez

t. projecting millennial

Justin Evans
Justin Evans

t. projecting millennial

David Johnson
David Johnson

ever playing cards against humanity
Congratulations. You have played what amounts to the bejewled of tabletop games. Designed for women and casuals.

Kayden Lee
Kayden Lee

It's not even a game, it's an activity more than anything.

Lucas Barnes
Lucas Barnes

Exactly the reason why it attracts casuals. Like the card games but even more simple.
Kind of like how overwatch is to FPS.

Leo Myers
Leo Myers

AW would work okay as a board game I feel. I mean if that's what it takes for IS to give my more Advance Wars.

Jordan Martin
Jordan Martin

All tabletop games are the Bejewled of tabletop games. None of them are fun or enjoyable. You can't fucking tell me that rolling dice is fun.

Josiah Reyes
Josiah Reyes

Silent Hill comic

It further ruined the fucking lore of the game.

Brody Ramirez
Brody Ramirez

whats the point

Collection.

Dominic Watson
Dominic Watson

collection
Acquisition, actually

Jose Ward
Jose Ward

Miracle of Sound
Shitty

Isaiah Hill
Isaiah Hill

Millennials are the oldfags. Generation Z, or the Kekistan generation, is the new majority.

Adam Robinson
Adam Robinson

Man I'd play the shit outta that AW one just because I could make xboxhuge maps.

Isaiah Gutierrez
Isaiah Gutierrez

i wanna play monopoly against an ai

Adrian Richardson
Adrian Richardson

Hope you dont mind i brought my bigger Haloclix to game night.

Pls make sure your corgi doesnt hump it this time it cost 300 dollars.

Ryan Jones
Ryan Jones

His songs seem to be getting more mediocre as time goes on imo

Josiah Campbell
Josiah Campbell

Advance Wars is already kind of structured like a board game, though.

Jace Perry
Jace Perry

I imagine the appeal is its one of those 'build the map' games which in my experience are where the real fun is at. Its like progressive, procedural rng maps.
Zombies!!! was the first i saw where you place a starting tile and draw the rest from a shuffled deck of them and the map fills out each turn till the escape helicopter is placed.
Its a fun, organic way of having different games each game.

Hopefully the switch AW knock off made by the stardew guys is like this since it has a random/player created maps mode.

Logan Sanders
Logan Sanders

Unless you absolutely have to have mediocre DS models you're better off selling a kidney and getting into Kingdom Death.

Jokes on me though, I still haven't even painted a single one of them but I still pledged for the second KS.