Video game board games that are just shitty emulations of the original games with nothing new or interesting added with...

whats the point

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Hulk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would acquire such awesome thing just for collection. I would even try to paint figures.

To make shekels with minimal effort, I guess? Funny thing is, more effort is put into video game versions of board games. I suppose they need to go full circle, and make video games of board games of video games.

The actual game is pretty fucking flawed though. nobody wants to repetitively grind in a fucking board game just to cross fingers that the equipment slot machine doesn't fuck them over out of the chances they have.

Here's some of them painted

What's the point?

What a dickhead

Doesn't seem too complex judging from stats you have available.

Damn they look great, shame that they are so small.

You wouldn't want your figures to be too big for a tabletop game.

Stats don't mean shit, they're arbitrary hard limits to what a character can equip at a time and that's where the item slot machine can really fuck you over. The game is simple once you learn it, but so much of the time spent playing and learning feels so wasted when you realise how arbitrary, dull and boring it can get.

That's pretty much why anyone bought it. The actual game is terrible.
On the other hand, there exist board games that absolutely crush their original source material…

Tabletop gaming is generally a boring experience if you don't have smug friends with you.

Damn, that looks nice. It could use better enemies and bosses though.

It's a genuinely bad experience even with friends.

They are going to jew people on expansions. Lots of expansions and addons.

Fucking hell.

Well that's true but they look so good that it would be really cool if they were bigger.

I heard the Bloodborne board game was pretty good. Bioshock: Infinite also had a board game that was infinitely better than the original.

Bloodborne one is a card game though.

I have this. I only played it once so far but it was fun.

The problem is that it's not minimal effort. Designing board games and pen and paper RPGs come with difficulties that vidya will never have. The real reason they went after this particular market was because Kingdom Death has been raking in millions of shekels with a somewhat similar business model: Big box, lots of tiny bits and cards, tons of minis, etc.

Also shit like this – Pledging extra money for mini expansions that amount to more cards and more minis.

Oh shit, you're right.

I'm legitimately curious to know just how much you think it costs to sculpt and produce a mold designed for a 50,000 unit run.

Truly the dark souls of tabletop games

How about video game comic adaptations by shitty fanfic writers who fucking rape lore and crap art?

Video game comics are almost always awful. I once accidentally downloaded the Silent Hill comics when I was younger and more foolish, holy shit what a mess of terrible writing and artwork.

Who knew?!

The only things they have in common with the original games are the looks and names. The gameplay is almost always different.

How about shitty music videos?

Last one

Providing a basis for structured play and socialization among children. The next rung on that ladder would be "social lubricant" shit like Cards Against Humanity or Exploding Kittens designed for drunk millennials.

Cool mini's

Why even bother

Nobody checked these quads

Here's another one that does that. Although crushing the source material isn't too hard when the source is garbage to begin with. Damn shame this card game didn't get one or two more mechs to flesh out the deck building.

It takes the main good thing about the series, the action gameplay, and bins it. This shit is only for lorefags who care more about what they think the series represents than actually playing the fucking games.

Don't fucking post that shit here. You'll just make me sad.

Do you have a blog I can subscribe to?

That Dark Souls board game kicks ass. You have to grind less the more people you're playing with.

How does it feel to have the brain of squirrel?

it goes both ways

papa nier looks even more like guts.

fairly sure space hulk isn't the actual board game. if they made the actual board game into a video game they might not sell quite as many figurines.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Hulk

The molds are the expensive part, not the plastic you dweeb. Hence my gripe that they're pinching pennies on low quality plastic.

Actually I remember the Resdient Evil comic being pretty cool, though the plots weren't cannon.

There have been two recent Space Hulk video games, one of which was a direct adaptation of the board game and one which had a similar overall design as a turn based strategy thing but very different execution. There was another one way back in I think the Sega Saturn days that was an action game too.

well look at me being retarded. still though That board game sounds fun I should get it and play with my buddy.

The.Advance Wars one looks actually pretty fun. What the fuck.

Just got home from work, so I won't bump the thread, but it's a free fanmade print and play game, I'd give it a look if I were you. I haven't had the chance to play it myself, but it seems really flexible in terms of maps, units, and so on, and quite accurate to the source mechanics.

according to almost everyone i've talked to who played it, apparently the doom boardgame they released after doom 3 was fucking incredible. i never played it myself though

The Ratchet & Clank comic was by the writer of the games and ended up being better than the game it was a prequel to (All 4 One). It's also canon and makes a lot of stuff that seems just like random humor in the game actually have a good story behind it.

The original Sonic 1 manga is also surprisingly good. The only good Sonic adaptation until the Mega Man crossover comic.

Novelty.

Shameful.

:^)

Shit clone of Apples to Apples.

Fuck off nigger I was born in 1927

Anyone seen the Tetris Card Game (or it's board game counterpart?)

If Intelligent System ain't gonna make a new AW game and if you lack programming experience, constructing a board game is going to be the closest thing they can make to a new game.

Heard some game companies do consider board/card game design knowledge when hiring because it can cross over into vg design knowledge.

The Donkey Kong Jenga isn't bad. You can still at it as regular Jenga, and the Donkey Kong mode is spinning a roulette and trying to make your Mario get on top of the tower so you win, but you can also eat shit and remove more than one piece.

What videogame-themed board game would be decent?

Fall for what, exactly?

Though to be fair I haven't touched CAH ever since I got Quiplash.

Congratulations. You have played what amounts to the bejewled of tabletop games. Designed for women and casuals.

It's not even a game, it's an activity more than anything.

Exactly the reason why it attracts casuals. Like the card games but even more simple.
Kind of like how overwatch is to FPS.

AW would work okay as a board game I feel. I mean if that's what it takes for IS to give my more Advance Wars.

All tabletop games are the Bejewled of tabletop games. None of them are fun or enjoyable. You can't fucking tell me that rolling dice is fun.

It further ruined the fucking lore of the game.

Collection.

Acquisition, actually

Millennials are the oldfags. Generation Z, or the Kekistan generation, is the new majority.

Man I'd play the shit outta that AW one just because I could make xboxhuge maps.

i wanna play monopoly against an ai

Hope you dont mind i brought my bigger Haloclix to game night.

Pls make sure your corgi doesnt hump it this time it cost 300 dollars.

His songs seem to be getting more mediocre as time goes on imo

Advance Wars is already kind of structured like a board game, though.

I imagine the appeal is its one of those 'build the map' games which in my experience are where the real fun is at. Its like progressive, procedural rng maps.
Zombies!!! was the first i saw where you place a starting tile and draw the rest from a shuffled deck of them and the map fills out each turn till the escape helicopter is placed.
Its a fun, organic way of having different games each game.

Hopefully the switch AW knock off made by the stardew guys is like this since it has a random/player created maps mode.

Unless you absolutely have to have mediocre DS models you're better off selling a kidney and getting into Kingdom Death.

Jokes on me though, I still haven't even painted a single one of them but I still pledged for the second KS.