Rez Infinite

Never played Rez, should I have a go at it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mgnet.me/.Rez
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

Fuck yes, OP, do it in VR if you can. It is a religious experience. Yes, I mean that unironically.

Just emulate the Dreamcast version

That'd be a retarded thing to say at the best of times, and right after a PC release isn't it.

its a simple railshooter hyped up by collectors and hipsters
Think of star fox with a different coat of paint.

Any hopes for Child of Eden?

The game is great, the port is perfect and the mouse support makes the game even better to play, also, I thought the Area X was just a "new" level they made by using old assets but it's completely new, I don't know about the length though. I hope they make enough money to start a full and improved Area X game, this shit would be great.
Here is the torrent for anyone interested:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:CA71A6578C5535393BDBA1095F4C3CE663431259&dn=Rez-infinite.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.ch%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2feddie4.nl%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.me%3a2740%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fnyaa.tracker.wf%3a7777%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fsukebei.tracker.wf%3a8888%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fanidex.moe%3a6969%2fannounce

Well that's an obnoxious link.

mgnet.me/.Rez

never heard of it

Wonderful game, solid port. If you haven't played Rez yet… stop being a filthy casual and go play it now.

how?

That may be a bit of hyperbole from a Dreamcast nostalgic, but be assured that Rez is unique and very fun. Definitely worth checking!

REZ is the rare type of game that is fully realised art without a hint of pretentiousness. It is a fully functional and fun rail shooter with fantastic aesthetic and pure gameplay unhindered by any fluff. The core idea of achieving synesthesia is in all of Mizuguchi's games but REZ in VR (and the REZ vibrator suit) is the game that comes the closest to it.

tl;dr Myst sold CD-ROMs. Area X sells VR.

It's not that I have an hard time believing that (that's really likely) but I'd still like to see some figures.
I'm downloading the mega link.
Who made this, and do they deserve money?
I'd buy it on steam or other site if it's a good studio.

Well, the game is constantly crashing and going back to the main menu.
Is that because of the crack, the shit graphics board I have on this laptop or is the original like this?
Otherwise, it's all I always wanted: Rez + Mouse.

What's different about this version? Is it any better than the PS2?

Myst was fucking huge when it released. It sold Macs and CD-ROM equipped PCs like wildfire because people couldn't believe the prerendered graphics. You have to understand that one day you were playing Prince of Persia on a floppy and the next day you had a full motion video game in more than two colours. It helped that it was an amazing game on its own too. In 20 years I'm pretty sure REZ will be one of the games mentioned as a VR herald.

Tetsuya Mizuguchi is the lead dev and the studio is Enhance Games, formerly Q? Games. They did Lumines (also fantastic), Gunpey, Every Extend Extra, Meteos, Child of Eden and some other minor stuff alongside REZ. You better fucking believe they deserve the dosh. I hope it gets on GOG too.

Crispier graphics, I think online leaderboards and a brand new epilogue level Area X that's designed ground up for VR. And there's a photo mode too in the PC version I believe.

I didn't have any problem myself with the crack, what are your specs ?

Same thing as the PS2 version with better overall graphics and settings + mouse support + Area X wich is pretty much a new little game.

My specs were a shitty laptop they gave me at work. It has an i7 but the gpu sucks.
Tried it at home. It's fucking perfect.
Sucks that I don't have VR, but otherwise, I always wanted Rez with mouse support.

Amazingly enough, it's still pretty hard. I think they sped up some of the enemies and their spawn.
Managed to beat Earth [Tera] last night before I had to sleep. Going again today for the rest.
Apparently, you lose your powerlevel if you leave the game and gotta start over again. If what I can recall is correct, I'm gonna need to farm up those power levels.

You can beat every level at lvl 1 without much issue. Holding down the mouse button helps a ton and knowing when to use the overdrive makes the game a breeze.

Beating the regular main game without getting hit isn't hard at all even with a pad, beyond mode is where you start getting hit if you're not paying attention.

I just fired it on the second boss when he's using his tentacles to shoot a ton of fast yellow crap.
Overdrive kept pursuing the yellow crap, tentacles went un-shot and bam, dead.
Overdrive matters a fucking lot.

Speaking of the second boss, jesus fuck what the fuck. I got [Tera] again, but I don't remember that sliding wall being THAT fast. I can't keep up with it, I select all 4 of those yellow blocks and it shoots the first 3 just fine. But then it makes a short pause before firing the 4th which loses me time. After 8 or 9 walls I lost nearly 3 levels.
I think I'm remembering this wrong, but the trick here was to simply shoot them one at a time, right? I know there was a delay between "beats or something like that.

Rez infinite is just the original rez remade? Lame. great game tho

Plus Area X.
Haven't gotten there yeah, you can go there right at the start, but I wanna beat the rest first but anons here say it's great.

Did the exact same thing with Overdrive and turned out fine. Make sure you're aiming where you want to shoot. I suggest you only use it when the tentacle that's extremely close to you gets powered up. I'm talking about the segment where it pushes a ton of mines or barbs or whatever out of its spindly tentacles however. If you're talking about the part where it just shoots out of one of its arms all you got to do is hold down the mouse button and focus on 1 tentacle at a time. Make sure to let go of the mouse button the instant it hits max and repeat till its dead. If you do this in the order of which they start attacking you should clear it no problem. The last time the boss does that pattern you really have to keep on it.

Area X looks better but plays worse. Aesthetically it's the peak of the game I guess but it's mostly wasted potential with the 360 view and semi-free roam ability since you can just sit in a corner and fire away. Most of the enemies are just HP pools as well since they don't really fire back and are just used to trigger the next gate. It also removes overdrive which is lame as hell. Besides that it's just to short. The music is nice though. Probably top 5 in the games OST. Also my PC chugs during it. If you run a toaster you might want to give it a pass.

I hope it's a decent VR title.

Area X feels like a tech demo for a full game, I wonder if they plan on doing something with it later on with all the money they gather up with Infinite, they could sure make a great new game if they worked out all the flaws in the movements and ennemies.

VRfags are saying that only Area X has proper 3D effects for VR, and that the normal (old) gameplay looks like shit in VR. As far as I know, there's nothing stopping you from beating it and refunding it, since it's about an hour long and you'll be well under that 2 hour refund period.

Looks like a worse Rez tbh. Also bump. Anybody unlocked shit yet? I'm on Punk in Direct Assault.

Make sure to buy your official Rez Vibrator(TM) to go along with it.

U mad(TM)?

For those who don't know, if you beat the game in final form you get a bonus to the ending.

shit tier bant. Lurk more.

For those interested in listening to the soundtrack stand-alone, stay away from the OST CD release. It is over-produced, shortened, one of the boss tracks are missing and one of the tracks was completely re-done for the worse. Look for a game rip of the soundtrack. It isn't the best quality and I hope somebody does a rip based on the original game files but it is a whole lot better than the CD soundtrack.

Also, reminder that
SHOUTIN LAGA LAGA LAGA SHOUTIN LAGA LAGA LAGA
was a placeholder song at one point.

is the trailer music like what we get with the OST?

The trailer music plays in Area X. Which is just a one level separate expansion to the game that only lasts for about 10-15 minutes. That's also the only segment of the game that the trailer really shows so expect a different tone. The actual music is much more trance and much, much more bizarre. It works extremely well though. Play it and find out. The torrent provided by the user here is safe since it's what I'm using.

Final bump. Has the entirety of Holla Forums already played this game or something? I've been playing it off and on since the thread was made and I feel like this shit needs to be tried. It's practically flawless.

yeah, have you played the sequel? Or the prequels?

What is that? And why does the cover look like it's a shovelware rhythm game?

it's rez 2, if you like rez's game play and its visuals it takes it to a far more insane direction. it came out when kinect/move were being pushed but fortunately neither are required.

Dammit. Am I being retarded or it really doesn't work on the system?

Most probably took one look at it and wrote it off as yet another "muh music, muh (((important))) games as art" shit. When it ends up in a humble bundle, I think we'll see some solid discussion.

Gameplay footage of it was posted in this very thread, fam.

Woah.

I bought it after playing the shit out of REZ and it doesn't remotely stack up to REZ. There's some differences that really bug me, the game sits there and explains the story and setting and spends a lot of time holding your hand and spoonfeeding stuff to you. One of the more charming aspects of REZ, your character changing throughout the game as you get powerups, is completely absent, putting focus into a semi fps with what feels like zero stakes. None of the bosses I have played have felt nearly as cool as the least cool bossfight from REZ.

RPCS3

Yes, you are being retarded.

I'll check em out I guess. Danke user.

It looks worse tbh. Extra effects might be one thing but I doubt it reaches the peaks of Rez. Could be wrong though. I run a toaster so I won't be able to play it for a while.

Requires an OS and video card that runs DirectX 11.

There is a registry edit that enables security updates until 2019, but for gaming XP is definitely too old.

Nostalgic annoyance is still annoyance.

yes
Yes!
YES!!
YES!!!!!!!
It is the best game ever created. I can't stress enough how much I love this game.
I would sell all of my collection in a heartbeat if I meant I get to have a new Rez game. I cried when played Area X.

This looks like a shill post.

this is not a shill post.
I just really seriously love the game that much. I'll go hang myself

Move on to windows 7 dude

Played the game a dozen times now and that shit hasn't happened once. Must be incredibly shit luck.