Musou

Whats the best musou and why is it Gundam reborn?

Also the upcoming DW9 looks like turd and it even crashed during presentation

Really? That's pretty pathetic.

I have been playing the entire mainline series from the first game (the fighting one) up to 8 and I just want to say how impressive the jump from Dynasty Warriors 2 to 3 was. 2 was a boring as fuck, ugly and unpolished launch title. Meanwhile 3 has a buttload of content in comparison, controls a lot smoother and looks a lot better. 3 Xtreme Legends is my favorite musou.

I was shocked that everyone seems to think 6 is the worst in the series, when it's been my favorite. It's the only one that I've played where you have complete freedom on the battlefield. 7 was complete trash, it was scripted event after scripted event

10:00

6's battlefield control was completely on point, and largely, I think, a reaction to Warriors Orochi 1 which had fucking abysmal event scripting. However it completely gutted the combo system, and that's what stuck with most people.

I'm aware that's the most cited complaint, but after playing the other games, the combo system is pretty dumb anyways. Like, sure it adds a bit of fun to it, but it's more of a "Oh that's cool" kind of thing. I'd give it back in a heart beat if it meant being able to break down the doors of forts. Gathering points that would spawn troops and health in those giant battles was the coolest fucking shit, but there's not a single game that's scratched that same itch as DW6.

The only thing I like at this point about DW9 is the costumes. Getting a real DW5 vibe from them.

I don't agree with it being my favorite, but 6 had some of the best battlefield mechanics in a DW game. But for some reason they threw it all out in DW7. Yeah the renbu system was fucked and the character trees could use some tweaking, but compared to the rock paper scissors thing we got going now, along with being able to use any weapon making everyone feel sterile? I'd go back in a heartbeat.
There's a lot I'm missing, but that's some of the shit I miss. Although I'm pretty sure you can swim in 7.
And don't get me started on the downgrade of the empires series.

Tell me they aren't going for the "more realistic" weapons again. That's pretty much what killed 6.

I'm still super pissed that the ambition or destiny mode from DW5 was not present in any other musou.
Also TPS musou when

The big thing you're forgetting was the actual developing sieges.
That might be the saddest thing to be left out of the later games.

>tfw fighting your former commander in the final battle, who either regrets having to fight you or gets angry at you for defecting the way you did
That shit hit hard.

I thought there were siege battles in 7 as well? Not on the level as 6, but you could control the siege weapons at least.

In 7 sieges were turned into scripted events done shittily. You'd secure part of the map, and would be stuck there until you personally got in one of the siege weapons and hit the wall/door with a catapult. In 6, there was always a bunch of ways to get into the castle. You could even break down the front oor singlehandedly if you were stron enough or had enough time, but 7 turned it into what was basically "Press X to continue"

I just want DWG4 on PC.
Emulated or otherwise.

But user, Dynasty Warriors 4 is on PC.

I mean DW Gundam 4.
Or what it called? Rebooted or something?
Literally the only thing I want to emulate from PS3.

Any mech game that's too fast and too super-power is basically just a robot game. Armored Core is a mech game. Gundam is just a robot fighter - there's no sense of scale, person, and you might as well just be playing some guy rather than a giant robot.

Besides, we all know that everything from best characters, story, depth of content and waifu material comes down to Samurai Warriors 4.

I just cant get into any other musou than gundam one. it just did everything right for me
Tried Arslan, Sw4-2 and Berserk

last one was the most fun.

I'm actually confused as to how someoone can think that.

What the ever loving fuck is that supposed to be? There's literally nothing gained from Dynasty Warriors going Open World other than performance loss. Why are all the mobs just standing in a square formation and do nothing when they get attacked? Where are the cinematic camera angles when you trigger a Musou Attack? Where is the combo counter? I have to say though, I like the new mobility options and the air combos. Also, I always forget how fucking horrible Chinese sounds.

The most fun I've ever had with a Musou was One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

Is Arslan any good?

People enjoyed that? It was unnecessary tack.

I've always been curious, how come Omegay force are the only ones making musou vidya anyways? Basra doesn't count because Capcom are fucking retarded with their regional releases.

out of those three. forgot to add

Not even out of those three, Band of the Hawk is just pretty awful.

had fun with campaign, seems im not really target audience for musou since I dont like grind that much (except for that gundam one for whatever reason)
seems Dragon quest heroes will be my next favorite since it deviates the most from musou formula

MY NIGGA

So this is the power of the PS4? I wonder if it will get a PC port, if it does I hope they don't fuck it up like previous DW ports.

It will, though probably denuvoed, funny thing is the ports up until 7 weren't bad at all actually, but anything released after 8 was a fucking trainwreck.

So, why they made Dynasty Warriors in open world? I do like ability to climb on walls, interactive environment and such, but open world?
And i bet you will not have ability to create character. Maybe in Empire 9. I wonder how Empire 9 will work in open world?

because it new fad? or do the sales fall so they need to freshen up formula

musou are shit

Hyrule Warriors is amazing fun, and it's super different from the other musou games. That was the first one to have legitimate bossfights, which the Berserk one tried to copy but did a poor job of it, since its boss fights turned into "slamming into it and chugging consumables before you die"

It could be good, under one circumstance. If battles are happening all the time (or armies are moving all the time), then winning one battle might rely entirely on how fast you finish one battle, or even leaving it early to go help somewhere else or something like that. If they do that, it'll be cool to have the open world thing. If it's just "walk here to start mission" it'll be shitty and pointless.