MMO's

Do you still play them? What do you play these days?

Morrowind

Does every single MMO shill itself with an elf in a bikini?

Only MMO I ever and still give a shit about is warframe. I just cannot into RPG skill cooldown clickathons.

PSO2.
Warframe.
DFO once in the blue moon.
Unless you even count instanced action games as mmos to begin with.

Pretty much this.
Warframe also has super satisfying movement system that no other game can offer, online or otherwise.

The last one I played was Tree of Savior (iCBT2) and unfortunately it turned out to be just another Korean grinder, complete with cash shop that came later. I enjoyed planning skill trees and listening to the soundtrack more than actually playing the game.

ffxi nasomi private server is pretty fun

There's only worse MMOs now where your toon must be some half naked chick

Leave.

Why wouldn't you want your toon to be half naked chick tho? R u gay?

It's distracting, I want to run around killing shit, not staring at my toon's ass constantly

Shit it's not like you need to pay attention to kill regular mobs and in raids you can barely see your toon anyway.
Just admit you gay son.

I hope this is bait. The shitty spelling tells me it is but there are too many anons here who unironically think that every game MUST have TnA.

Same here. Wish the platinum system was less frustrating with no way to earn it. And the trading system was an old fashion cluster fuck.

yes

This. If it worked for Everquest, it'll work for any MMO. FFXIV tried to mix up the formula by sing cat tits instead of elf tits, but I don't know if it worked as well.

Yo man I like don't condemn gays and gay games and shit, but with recent rise of feminists and their asslickers army I gotta take a stand and hot girls is the least condition for me to even consider playing shit.

stopping every 15 mins for a fap would cause problems i think.

It is worthy to mention this game could benefit a lot without MMO label and by not being always-online.

BDO was also fun but it got cucked be the devs and all my friends and guild I had just left.

i'm install STO right now, fml. i'm going to consume the content and pay nothing for it

Tried it. Was fun, until you find out your build is dog shit later on. No way to fix it unless you spend ungodly amounts of time get orbs or whatever to reset 1 point at a time.

TRips of fail.

Horrible models. Everyone is so lanky and deformed. Tiny heads, extra long legs. Uncanny Vally is in full effect.

Age of Wushu reporting in: i pray for a death that will not come.

There's so many different types of MMOs, but unless you want to play some variation of WoW then you'll have to play very old and outdated games.

EVE Online
Warframe from time to time
WOTLK private server very rarely

Used to play APB Reloaded with some friends, but we gave up on that. Played Guild Wars 2 with the same people, but they fell for the koren jew's lies and bought the expac, so I stopped playing that.

What's runescape like nowadays?

Sounds like good business practice to me. What better is there to attract people to your game?

I still play LotR:O, Mordor is now.

Finally. Maybe I should give it another shot.

I still can't really play as an Urûk though, can I?

Somewhere between cancer and "ruins your will to live".

ehhh

everything is either "muh themepark" or "oops our economy is shit: sandbox edition"

I'm delving into other genres to see if gaming is truly fucked.

So far I only find pleasure in obscure gun wanks like Stalker and pixel shit that warms my nostalgia goggles.

Modern Gaming is dead with it's team based moba garbage and Triple-A dogshit with guaranteed day 1 DLC as an industry standard. If you disagreeeeeeeee you're a bigger faggot than George Takei

Currently playing osrs f2p
Farming is a whole lot easier than I remember it being
I'm not talking about the game having made farming all that more convenient rather than that it is not as boring as I remember it being
But then I have two monitors nowadays so that makes it a lot easier

I really wanted to like this but it was so damn stale holy fuck. Melee click spam combat, ok shooting, every enemy faction is just a reskin, GRIND 6 gorrilion years and then wait 3 gorriliom so they make. Looks good and runs insanely well for the graphics it has and has a unique art style.

I play FFXIV every once in a while. It's fun to go through the new content a few times, then put it back on the shelf until more new content comes out.

Just the two paid classes in PvMP, the Uruk Blackarrow and the Uruk Warleader. They recently added High Elves which are currently not sold separate from the Mordor expansion pre-order bundles, and only in the $80 and $130 ones. They will be sold on their own sometime in December I think and get a lesser ring of power that levels up with them. Managed to be given the $130 Ultimate Goy bundle as a late birthday present.

I used to want desperately to get into an MMO. Everyone else always seemed to have so much fun and meet people through them, but I was never able to sustain MMO play into the late game because it was boring as fuck. The only time I got a kick out of the gameplay was when I would play dungeons solo to make them harder.

I'll pass, I really don't like that system.
I just want an MMO with the aesthetics of the movies or, even better, War in the North and two factions

Also, the names of the Nazgûl are all wrong to me. Where is the Shadow King, the Curse of Rohan and the Black Marshal?

They had to make up the names since only one rider other than the Witch King himself was really given a name, The Bane of Rhûn is most likely Khamûl. Also that was just the tutorial for High Elf characters, which ends with you getting stabbed by the Witch-King and going into a 1,000 year morgul-knife-induced coma.

That's something that really pisses me off about adaptations of LotR. There is so much great fan-made material that's completely in tune with Tolkien's writings and vision, yet their always make up their own shit. One of the most infuriating things about the hobbit movies was that the orcs were speaking some random gibberish instead of the Black Speech of Mordor, which, thanks to the fans, is a fully developed language by now.

I'll never understand WB.

What tickles me is that SoM was fun, and could easily have been written to not amazingly fuck over LotR lore.

I enjoyed SoM for what it was. The best Assassin's Creed game in a very long time, and a therapeutic ork murder simulator, but Tolkien is probably spinning in his grave hard enough to open an actual portal to Middle Earth right now because of what they're doing with the lore.

LotRO is pretty much that, the world is big and there is a lot of stuff to see.

That feeling when you're actually kind of excited about Shadow of War

I was just about to ask about FusionFall, that old Cartoon Network MMO, because I remember loving that as a kid, and played it a fair bit after it went free to play. Seems like it's dead now, but apparently a group seems to be giving it the ToonTown Rewritten treatment, but working from the ground up. It's called FusionFall Legacy, hope it turns up some day.
Speaking of ToonTown Rewritten, I get the feeling it's dead, and I'm almost to scared to check. Does anyone here play it still?

I'm actually somewhat excited for a FusionFall re-release without the jewishness, since I played a ton of that game. No other game lets me jew people along side the Eds, other than Ed, Edd & Eddy The MMO

I instantly dropped the game after running around on my combat mount for 5 minutes.

It got better, kinda. Now you only rubberband when you are near the edge of a cliff or that fence you just jumped over but not really.

Since you posted Theoden you also reminded me of the cloak of the eorlingas that I am eternally salty about.
that and I just want my rohan house already
I might have to reinstall to check out mordor though, what do you think of the new dev team? I always worry when games get passed around like that since heavy jewry and a lack of care usually follows.

They sell it in the store every now and then alongside the other two cloaks.
They are selling it right now.

Whoops reread the post, yeah it sucks. I want that horse armor from the Helm's Deep pre-order.

Missing out on that cloak is what compelled me to pre-order for that horse armor
The jewry works
Maybe the new devs will sell all that pre-order locked stuff one day but I feel like the biggest obstacle are the homos who pre-ordered and feel like only they deserve that digital cloak and horse armor as their eternal right because they bought something 4 days early.

The new devs are the old devs under a new studio.

I had a feeling there was something retarded going on.

Talking about MMOs. I was wondering if, as Black Desert Online is going to PS4, if I should get the game there instead that getting it for computer.

The problem is that, if I get it for PS4 I won't be able to roleplay.

There truly isnt any good game anymore lads, shits dead. I can understand a paywall, but everything is now censoring, virtual signaling and muh diversity. I dont know any game or company that tries to not fall into that.

you don't even know the meaning

depends on the game

No

What game, I just want a place to refugee in where they dont shoehorn diversity or go out of their way to push leftism or sjwery, Im all ears.

this was the post I.was trying to quote, tell me a good game. Btw
guy here

I am OK with that!

Last mmo I played was GW2. I wonder what happened to it. Anyone still playing? Did they finally drop the retarded living story or whatever it was called crap? Did they fix WvW or is it still a fuckhuge empty world with a couple of zergs running around? Did they fix aoe effects only affecting 5 targets, meaning large scale pvp is just two enormous groups of players clustered together, throwing spells at each other?

Let it go, man. The game was almost good at release, when the aggressively awful translation made everything obscure, when there weren't as many cash shop sets, and when the devs didn't push new internals out on the most grueling schedule they could manage so you still had a chance to hit max level and duke it out with randoms without getting your shit kicked in because they outleveled you.

Living story still going. WvW still shit, PVP is still a clusterfuck in which you can't see shit.

New expansion is one subclass per class, five maps, mounts and that's about it. For 30 eurodollars.

PSO2?
Last update they dropped a fucking stripper pole dance animation, so you can strip dance as an almost naked loli in front of other people.

sex sells. its marketing 101. it will ALWAYS sell.

I see ANet has their priorities straight.

i guess if youre going to make out that the best MMO ever made is shit, you need to create a hell of a strawman

Sounds breddy good. Thank you mate, going right now.

They should just give up trying to do that shit. pvpers will always complain about pve-centric mmos and pvers will always complain about pvp-centric mmos, just make them seperate games.

You have to back it up with good gameplay otherwise its just a honeymoon period though.

Oh right, BnS aka THE censored mmo out there.
Aint touching it with 10ft pole tbh.

GW2 advertised itself as a PVP MMO more like, muh esports: the MMO, and it was still shit

not only its shit but they censored it? well, i hope they like not living longer than a couple years. nobody is going to play that garbage when MemeFantasyXIV is out there and its THE EXACT SAME THING as every other MMO.

I can't really say if BNS mechanically shit, or balances is shit or whatever.
I boycott censored games on principle and BNS is a censored game, so there you go, my 2 cents.

Getting excited about all the progress being made on the Asheron's Call emulators UAS2 and ACE. I haven't played on PhatAC server yet as I am waiting for more quest scripts / AI to be added. But here's a recent vid of the PvP "lever dungeon". A small pvp arena to turbo level to 110.

its shit. when will developers learn that action combat does not work on online games because of the ping factor?

PSO2?
But I mean PSO2 is instanced game, and BNS is what? Open world?

Tera works well even with my 150ish ping. Problem is that the combat is the only thing Tera has going for it and the rest is shit because the devs are fucking clueless.

Can someone answer me? please?

why would you get a console version over pc version?

That's a fair point, but the problem is that I don't have a decent PC to play right now, that's the only reason.

I never played Fusionfall before, it didn't appeal to me at first, but I did hear good things about it. I looked up the legacy game online, and there's FF Legacy and FF Retro. Are there differences between the two, and is Legacy playable right now?

teras combat was still ok when playing on the us server from europe.
sadly everything else is shit, since the original is run by koreans and versions in the west are being ported by two different companys. So you get the new Stuff later and severely jewed if you live in europe and make the mistake of playing on the european server.

NA is not much better these days. Frequent stability issues, shit missing from the coupon shop that other regions have for over a year, community managers leaving all the time, events that completely trash the in game economy, hiring some blue haired SJW cunt that fucked up the forums (at least it was funny to see people openly say good riddance in her face when she left) and exorbitant prizes for shit on the cash shop.

Ascension Valley was one of the most populated servers when i started playing but now its a goddamn ghost town and Enmasse utterly refuses to acknowledge it and merge the damn server. You know the situation is bad when you struggle to find a goddamn DPS during peak hour.

Though all in all Tera as a whole is a shell of its former self. Instead of making a proper expansion pack and actually add stuff to the game they keep removing things and just add 2 new dungeons full of recycled bosses once in a while while removing the previous dungeons.
Fuck even the cash shop costumes are half assed recycled shit these days.

im actually kind of glad to hear that its going down the shitter.
at least i wont install it again just to have my hopes destroyed for the third time by the same fucking game

I lost my only MMO love a couple of years ago. Ragnarok Online FOR LIFE!

The only reason i was playing for as long as it did was because i was in a pretty chill guild who could clear content. But when the most recent patch hit, allot of guildies just quit because of how fucking bad the new instances are.

VSNM/HM first 2 bosses are literally just the same Darkan and Imperator we have been killing the few years with a few extra mechanics bolted on and the last boss has a lovely mechanic where if the healer doesn't remove a debuff from the boss within 3 seconds after a certain mechanic its an instant wipe. As you can guess there's a shortage of healers now because no one wants to be the guy who wiped the party due to one single screw-up.

Oh and last patch they also killed what was left of battle grounds because they removed the credit system and instead you get a box with a random reward instead.

From what i heard they revamped the gear progression system in KTera to be less RNG bullshittery but its too little too late IMO.
With how the game is bleeding players i give it a year before they close it. At least the western versions.

I'm kinda sad how the game went down the drain. I have some good memories of the game like the intense boss fights, the madness during nexus raids and met some cool people along the way.

Why would they censor it? One of the main things going for that game is sex appeal. And you go and censor it? Fucking retarded.

Aren't the servers still up? Did they close down the pre-Renewal ones or something?

I don't know. I'd be sad if I found out that it is completely dead by now.

Wow, I don't remember much from when I briefly played LOTRO about 10 years ago. I was a bard that played with a lyre and all I remember is being in a small starter town and just getting quests to kill mobs and then some strong thing in a cave. Those pics are tempting I'd like to adventure for once. Is the game fun getting levels over the first 2 weeks? Reply, I'd like to know more.

is pso2 still japan only?

Thankfully yes.
No piggus allowed. It's full of piggus.

I haven't touched mmos in around 2 years but a few days ago I started playing Wakfu again. Its still good.

What game is the girl from the far right?

Neither appear to be playable right now, but pic related seems to be the most apt comparison between the two

PSO2 is just fucking garbage, i went in expecting some sorta good game from all the praise it got but nah, its the average clunky action MMORPG with gambling & cosmetic microtransactions, might as well just play Tera, Dragons Nest, or BnS, they're all the same.

With the exception of Lord of the Rings Online, yes.

Is it any good? I remember playing the beta shortly before release and really enjoying it but dropping when the beta ended because I couldn't pay the subscription at the time.

I'm fairly sure RO2's official servers are still up; i highly doubt RO1's have gone down, to say nothing of the multitude of private servers.

Playing currently FFXIV and fucking loving it to death. The presentation, the massive amount of content, the community.. My opinion may be skewed though since it has been ages I played a MMORPG and I may be going through a honeymoon phase.

yea it is a phase. Been there and done what you did in 2013. Its WoW but with a new map and world lore. It may been fun going through the new maps, 1-2 maps a day, but when you hit max level (50 at the time), and when you are stuck at endgame afk map, and when you do EX boss #4 for earring, coil turn #4 for armor, dungeon #5 x100 for 2nd tier armor, there's nothing to do, and the next update has a new dungeon with 1% better armor stats, big WOOP. Only fun thing endgame was social aspect getting to know your small community, arranging event times and shooting the breeze talking while redoing coils due to learning & failing. The world is tired of this, and I will vouch for everyone, no more WoW style games. Unless you play the game like a singleplayer for 100 hours, going through quests and new maps, that's fine and all, but catering to 1%ers and dungeon patches as the only thing to do when you finish "the game", that's where cancer starts. I liked the FATEs towards the end, its fun organizing the players locally in the map to do something together.

the elder scrolls online is really good now

I'm still on and off playing Planetside 2 and I want to fucking die.

Never played WoW. I was more of a Lineage and Ragnarok guy, so a lot os stuff is new to me. It also has been more than 5 years since I played a MMORPG.

I never played wow either until January this year. The stuff is not new to you, every game is the same in regards to questing to level up, then the main quest only gives 50% exp then you need to grind mobs to the next level. Fair enough, RO wasn't like that and was very open ended in map choice and grinding. Probably same for Lineage, always heard about it but never played.

troopernohax is that you

Anyone?

Hey, do you wanna start LOTRO with me? Surely playing together will be more fun.

TTR still has a few thousand playing it during prime American time zones

dropped

I honestly liked what they were going for with Season 1 of the Living Story. 2 was alright, 3 was pretty good until the end. New expansion looks like it'll be worth my $30, though that might just be my nostalgia for Nightfall talking.

user, stop before is to late.

Warframe is too stylish and too interesting to be stuck in the grindfest bullshist that the devs have purposefully constructed around it. Warframe could be an awesome MMO, but instead, it's a skinnerbox. A really slick skinnerbox that lets you powerslide around and chop dudes up with shiny weapons and big silly guns.. but a skinnerbox all the same.

Also, I recently got back into playing and I swear I've already seen all the new content they have to offer. Shit's painfully cut-and-paste with map design and missions.

Forsaken world seems comfy. Just comfy.

No, Casstap. It's still "fun" in the Stockholm Syndrome way, but at this point I'm just looking for shit items to grind out.

I play Maplestory.

At least you didn't try saying it's pay 2 win this time.

I stopped playing around the time they talked about nerfing multishot because lol xD

What happened with that anyway? Have they nerfed Tigris and Hek? What about syndicate weapons?

No idea. I've never been deep enough in it to really care about the constant nerfs and patches.

m8 the FFXIV "community" the the fucking worst, just give it time and you will understand. Although I can't talk since I still play TERA.

I've been following this project for two years now, and they claim to be "very close" to a release date of the Future, which is basically the tutorial and has the first four levels. So, don't get your hopes up about it, just keep it on the backburner and check back once every few months

Nexxon is a very horrible company that needs to die.

Being able to watch anime and youtube really helps.

Ah it's "I couldn't get past the capthca" user.
How are you doing these days?

you should leave Mr cuck

and here come the apologists folks.

wew lad

NO GUILD WARS NO PLAY

mofumofu is still cute

how many thousands of dollars have you spent to be defending a piece of SHIT game this hard? like damn i have heard about defensive but you go to the next level.

GO AWAY!

Fuck, I remember that…

your resistance only makes me want to post more mofus!

Iphone was a mistake.

i want to fuck this thing until its mindbroken, but the game is still garbage.

I have never played an MMO

Don't start now, Remilia-chan. Wait until the genre gets fixed. Won't be in most anons' lifetime but you might actually live to see it in the far far future.

good. don't.

hehe, glad someone approves

it's a pretty fun game tho

"MMO" is a pretty diluted concept these days, back when I started in everquest and ultima online it was a really different genre to most of the games that get "MMO" applied to them (see: PSO2 and Warframe)

if you want to try a "real" MMORPG that isn't necessarily tied down to genre conventions you can pick up black desert online on Steam for $10. if you want to try a real MMORPG that *is* beholden to genre conventions grab WoW or Final Fantasy XIV. if you want to try a more modern game that has MMO trappings but is not "really" an MMO pick up Warframe for free.

PSO2 (the game pic related is from) is my favorite online game of all time and it's a lot of fun but it's kind of a faff to get set up. you can hit www.arks-layer.com to get started if you want

holy shit this user is pure cancer, don't listen to his shit

waifu making is the only thing the game has for it, but then again C3DM2 is better for that specific purpose.

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
I enjoy that it has cooperative elements alongside the best combat in online games, other games that have good combat like vindictus or dragon nest are either slower with bad hit reactions (vindi) or have atrocious input schemes (DN), maybe when monhan world comes out I will enjoy that too

I also like the art style, setting, storytelling, and general design of PSO2, I like that it's a free game that doesn't make me feel like I have to spend money on it to enjoy it (even though I do pay for premium, but, that's because I want to)

so in short, good combat, nice visuals, a fun setting, and a great community (speaking mostly of my friends in the japanese community, the western community isn't bad but can be a little eletits sometimes)

I've not spent a dime on it and I plan on keeping it that way.
Remain upset.

DN and vindi have the exact same clunky shit combat m8, what are you on about.

mashing hotkeys is atrocious input? what? i played DN, you run forward, dodge, and spam skills, and beg to god that the PING doesn't get you. the exact same thing i did on pso2.
Oh, and you have to spend dosh to tilt the RNG in your favor when enhancing gear.

literally the same fucking gameplay with a different coat of paint.
inb4 "y-you can grind for the microtransactions!"

in DN you have to use numerical hotkeys that can't be rebound (so you are having to reach across the whole keyboard to hit 7-8-9-0), in PSO2 you bind your moves to a few attack buttons that change based on sequence or with a shift key, it's a lot more elegant

hit reaction is also better in PSO2 with connections being clearer and given that much more is done client-side it feels more like a proper action game rather than DN which feels really floaty and disconnected

also you don't have to (literally can't) pay for tilting RNG in your favor in PSO2, they actually changed it so that there's no RNG in enhancing at all

you should play the game before you try to compare it to others ('ω')

How's that one mag and inability to freely switch skill builds working out for you?
The western community is the biggest sack of filth ever to exist next to MOBAs.
And the part of the community that expects you to pull your own weight in a group is supposed to be the BAD part?
Jesus fuck you PSO2 faggots.

Is there a actual good mmorpg now a days or its just garbage?

one mag isn't a problem since you can make 3 characters for free, each one gets their own mag so you can do striking/ranged/technique

I have more mags myself, but that's because I don't like making multiple characters (although I did end up making more for other reasons) hehe

I expect people to pull their own weight!

the problem comes in when… see, like, one of the EQs recently has a DPS check phase that requires each person to put out 6.7K DPS, which is not difficult for ANY class at end-game, but SOME classes can do 20K or more with good equipment

the problem comes in when you have people saying things like "if you aren't playing (class which can do 20K) you are a shitter" which is stupid.

I agree people should pull their weight but some people take it far beyond that and insist that if you aren't performing at the top level, then you aren't pulling your weight, and that's just not fun, fair, or most importantly, true

Your projecting is on entirely another level from average Holla Forumsirgins mate.

all shit, try PoE.

Fug, I guess I will see you fags in the next thread

The combat is alright at first, but then you notice it's flaws. The combo system for melee weapons is retarded, and so is "just attacks", both aren't hard to work around or perform, but are obnoxious as fuck and get old really fast.
There's also the issue that it's impossible to fail if there are 2 or more players unless it's spin-off missions like tower defense where the objective isn't to just overpower enemies. You die then it's super cheap and easy to revive you and when there's 12 niggas there to revive eachother losing is impossible. This makes so that the only important thing is DPS, no need to survive then just kill em faster, this not only makes the game boring to anyone with half a brain but also breaks the balance of the game's classes.
And don't get me started on class balance, melee weapons get short end of the stick by far deal shit damage despite being the hardest classes to actually get close to the enemies and deal the damage and requiring autist levels of weapon/combo swaping to be effective, unless you're a braver and can braindeadly spam shit with i-frames, gunners are only useful for weak bullets, and the casters is deal most of the dps, despite being able to braindeadly cast shit from a distance and with one key press from anynwhere deal the same ampunt of damage a melee character deals with 10 timed buttons from ideal spacing close to the enemies. "Grinding" weapons will take retard amounts of resources/time too. Casters only need 1 weapon to be effective, gunners 2 if they wanna do a bit more than just weak bullet, and melee characters need 3 or 4 if they want good coverage including that shitty gunsword if they want to deal damage from long range(bravers only need 2)

Art style, setting, all that stuff is alright, the player freedom is nice too.

yeah, everyone else loves grinding new characters from the ground up to try another build/class.

In a game where only DPS matters, there is a truth to that.

No, it's true. Maybe it would be easier if you could change classes easily, but… oh… I guess that's a little difficult when your one mag is optimized for something else.

You're trying to justify wasting the time of others because you want to play a class with 1/3 of the proper damage output. Don't like it? Play a game with better balance, because that's the problem here. But that's not a problem with the game, of course! That's a problem with the community!

what are you looking for? MMORPGs can offer a lot of different things in terms of both gameplay and social experiences

hmm, you read like you haven't played in a long time. the game is pretty different now; there's 3-button input style which changes the way melee works and "JA is obnoxious and gets old" is really subjective (5 years on and I still enjoy hearing that successful JA shing!). there is very difficult content now that is difficult to pass without skilled AND geared players although I will concede that the recent release of the incredibly overpowered Hero class kinda broke the game… SEGA says they're patching it anyway

the balance is really different from what you seem to recall, hunters and fighters both out-DPS bravers and nothing else really comes close for DPS over time; gunners (that's the people with 2 machineguns, not rangers, who use rifles/launchers) can do really strong burst damage but their damage/time is mediocre

forces ("casters") need more weapons than anyone due to elemental affinities, it's very usual to need a "rainbow set" meaning a set of a specific weapon with 1 of each element for top performance, and recently forces got a major nerf anyway to compound technique recast time…

well, really I'm wasting my time, the point is, none of what you said in the first part of this post is accurate eheh ('◇')

I mean, I leveled every single class to 75 on mofumofu and five of them to 80, plus 75/75s on all my alts, so I kinda play whatever I want, hehe. these days I play the ridiculously overpowered hero class!

you can change classes anytime you're in the lobby and it takes a week or less to cap (75) a class so I'm not sure what you're talking about here

I do still blame the community for making an issue of people wanting to enjoy all the content the game offers instead of locking themselves into whatever "the best" thing is, but I suppose this is more of a broader "gamer philosphy" issue, sort of like "playing to win". meh, that's a deeper conversation than I wanted to get into today… (´~`;)

Enjoy your gay catboys, open gay erp, and min max faggots who will make you question why you bothered to finish the MSQ as they bitch about the party while they are barely breaking 1.5k in damage.

By making better game.

I'm talking about the fact that when you change classes, you're handicapped unless you spent money for an additional mag for that class.
Yeah. That's the problem, isn't it? You're playing whatever you want instead of playing what's good for the group. That's why you're a shitter. That's why YOU'RE the problem, among other things that should be obvious from your screenshots and posting style.
You blame the community for playing the game optimally and expecting that, as part of the group, you do the same. That's your own selfishness and ignorance at play. You're the kind of faggot who would have shown up to a party in FFXI with a wacky underleveled subjob because you "thought it looked fun" and wearing starter armor because you didn't feel like putting forth the effort.
The problem here is you. (And PSO2's design and balance also, but mostly you.)

This is why MMOs died. As soon as they tried to make it "accessible" by stripping out the time investment they allowed the normalfags to destroy this type of game from within.
>implying Holla Forums right now knows a time before WoW.

yeah, so MANY markers to follow, and so many X's of Y's to mash your hotkey on! WOW, so fun! so much content! and all the EPIC™ boss battles! don't forget to get out of that telegraphed, colored Area of Effect!

god you people are YOUNG, thats the right word, YOUNG, its like you never played a fucking MMO in your life until 14 came out, so its all AMAZING and NEW™ to you. you were probably shitting on your diapers when everquest was a thing, and eating glue at kindergarden when lineage 2 was a thing.

Then by your logic MapleStory was the greatest MMO ever created.

MMORPGS shrink your brain more than cawwadooty

Sounds about right.

Talk about a swing and a miss!

if you're looking for grindy, very esoteric mmos, you don't need to look much further than the variety of chinese p2w mmos on the market.

yes, nothing i said invalidates WoW being a piece of shit.

but XIV is still a piece of shit, and saying "its amazing" is an insult to videogames as a whole.

If it is what it sounds that's a step in the right direction right there.
JA's being dumb isn't subjective tough, there's no point in having to do them, imagine if every time you attacked you had to let out a loud scream or you didn't deal good damage. it's not hard to time the hits, later on it's less about timing and more about having to do a chore alongside your actual actions in the game, and it results in stupid shit like casters punching the air before actually casting a speel just to get a just attack wtf.

The stuff you said about balance doesn't sound convincing at all. hunters and fighters always had absurd DPS in theory with the skills they had, but in action it just they just couldn't use those effectively on active enemies or it just wasn't worth it the risk/work of dieing and dropping DPS.
And you're talking about casters needing weapons of different elements as if no other classes benefits from different elemental weapons.
They also got a nerf on some extra DPS thingy they had and no other class had, wow.
And you said there was a class that deals 20k or something dps and no other class can do that, what class is it? Isn't that proof that the balance is still broken.

well, really I'm wasting my time, the point is, none of what you said really fixed any of the problems the game had haha OwO

Oh, you are one of those retards can't can look at IDs and assume that if something isn't amazing then it's obviously garbage.

lol mmo not game dumb goys

did you even read the fucking thing i was replying to before you barged in like a know-it-all you retard?

I'm talking about the fact that when you change classes, you're handicapped unless you spent money for an additional mag for that class.
no? HU FI BO BR TE HR SU and arguably GU can all work just fine with a striking mag. you can use BO TE FO HR SU with technique mag. and ranged mag is the most limited but still RA GU SU HR available. even if you don't spend out for other mags, you can just relog to another character. storage is shared between characters, so it's not like you have to do everything all over. they even have provisions to skip tutorial and story content for second characters now, so what's your complaint again?

ehh, you have some personal issues with me I guess, and that's fine, but it doesn't have anything to do with me (the problem is yours, not mine.) I'm top3 of DPS charts pretty frequently and never outside the top half, so you can take your accusations somewhere else

I just think it's shitty how the western community acts when someone says "I want to play ranger and use launchers" or whatever, as long as they're doing the damage who cares if it's 10K or 40K, you aren't gonna set records either way so why get your panties in a knot? this is why I prefer the japanese community because in general it's a lot more laid back about this kind of thing. you have your eletits there too but it's not endorsed or condoned by the leaders of the community the way it is in the english community (or maybe it's simply that the japanese community is so much larger…)

PSO2's balance isn't that bad, you can be plenty effective playing anything as long as you do it well (and "doing it well" includes not doing stupid shit like Hu/Fo or whatever, you DO have to know how to play and build your class) so telling people "if you aren't playing Fi/Hu with exactly this build and weapons and doing it as good as me then you're worthless shit" is a really poor attitude

simply false, I in fact am rather disapproving of people who don't put in the effort; you're barking up the wrong tree, I am one of the hardest workers in MMOs, I just don't follow the "metagame is god" can't-think-for-myself mentality that players like you espouse, I like to experiment and I appreciate when other players do too – as long as they're pulling their weight, who cares? I got many compliments in meripo PT playing RDM/DRK in FFXI because I was able to do my job AND contribute to DPS yet if you ask ppl about RDM/DRK it's "ugh shitters"

you have some personal issues I think that I hope you get worked out but you've picked the wrong target for your anxieties

┐(‘~`;)┌

I've heard this argument a lot and I don't know that I necessarily disagree but I think the argument as presented (MMOs dumbed down -> normalfags entered -> MMOs ruined) is an oversimplification

Look at video games in general and tell me i'm wrong that accessibility to normalfags is the number one thing wrong with video games.

Anyone who doesn't like having their time wasted.

Except the ones who don't put in the effort to level, learn, and play classes that are able to actually keep up with everyone else.

Fucking called it.

That explains why you don't see why accessibility in MMOs is a bad thing.

i dont play poe you stupid fuck, i dont play any MMOs, im old enough not to fall for that cancer anymore.

i just suggested it to the other user because of how much the game resembles an actual good game from old, diablo 2 LoD.

You might as well say that you don't play games at this point. Why are you even here then? Most people say that they are old enough are the ones that usually say things like "I don't play any video games, I'm old enough not to fall for childish things anymore."
Besides, most people are smarter than the average high school drop out. ;^)

I had maat's cap and finished my apocalypse (and quit playing) before abyssea, what do you want? I ran a successful HNM and dynamis LS for 3 years on the busiest server in the game (Bahamut) and I did it by being polite and respectful instead of waving my DPS dick in people's faces and decrying anyone who did things a little differently

don't get mad at me because you have no friends.

you can only run the EQ once each time it pops, so calm down

yes, I will do that. because thanks to normalfags there is more money in the industry which has led to more and better games being made now than there ever have been. only gatekeeping faggots for whom their identity as a hipster gamer who only plays obscure games and thinks the hobby is an exclusive activity we must shield from "normalfags" disagrees.

I'm "old" for this board, probably older than most of the posters here; as I said before I was playing everquest and UO on launch (I was in the beta for UO due to having registered ultima IX, which back then, was a really rare and special thing unlike games which have "betas" now that are basically just early playtests) and kids who look at the way games and gaming used to be with rose-colored glasses are one of the biggest problems with this board. gaming and games are amazing now and anyone who thinks otherwise has their head fucked up

Spoken like a true braindead avatarfag. If the last 10 years didn't wake you up then you deserve being kiked by PSO2. Not like you would even know mr. rdm/drk, kek.

I didn't know humans can be this dumb

It was, until he killed moghouse and made finding groups nearly impossible.

Nothing to do except grind maps. The story/acts are barebones as fuck and the gameplay literally has no depth to it.

At least you stopped spamming your fap b8 you made for yourself. Get some better tastes though, coal burners are disgusting.

at this point you just keep replying to troll or because you want to have the last word at all costs.

i suggest you drink bleach.

k 8d, you can have it, im out to play good games.

Put the projector away and go play games.

Diablo is shit user. Blizzard has never made a single good game. They ruin every genre they touch.

you are waifu is a garbage, kill you are self

Damn shame for the file size game looks like shit.

Currently stuck in weeb skinner's box FFXIV.
It's shit and pretty much just a prettier WoW with way too much plot and fuck amazing music, but since when do addicts care about logic?

Move on to PSO2.

I tried playing Blade and Soul a few months ago because I saw OGN hosted tournaments for it so I assumed the late game PvP would be competitive and fun. I spent a week playing through most of the story and getting my character to max level. When I was starting to feel comfortable with my full rotations I began asking people about PvP and why people it seems like the community thinks its a joke. Turns out the servers for it are in Texas and the netcode was designed specifically with Korea in mind where every single person lives in a single city with ping never going above 1. So if you are on the American servers the winner would usually just be the person geographically closer to Texas with zero skill involved.

H-heh

I tried to play it last year.
I had a lot of fun with character creation, but tutorial was super dull, and when they finally let me out into the wilds my active skill tree escalated so quickly I had to play piano on regular enemies before level 40.
So I quit.
Game looks nice, especially for its age, and has great character creator, but I just don't like tab target cool down combat, it doesn't work for me.
Same with WOW or FF14.
While Tera does try to be actiony, everything having a cool down also prevented me from enjoying it and playing for longer than a few days.

Tried Neverwinter on the ps4 because I'm a poor fag. It has party queues so I didn't have to look like an aspie asking for parties on chat. Solo play is not that bad either since they give you a companion and mount at lvl 15. I like it so far.

Is it black desert online?

How are you supposed to make a decent waifu in conditions such as those?!

Game was released something 30 years ago.
It has bretty gud graphics for its age.

The pain slowly fades, but the love is forever

No thanks. The only good thing about PSO2 is the character creator.

Those tits are unfeasibly huge. Does the one on the right have a hint of areola showing, or is that just me hallucinating?

I remember playing that, had a nice chanter, quit for a while, then jumped to Tera, a few years after Tera I checked out Aion again and christ, it did not age very well.