Vidya Cartoons and Animation Thread

Post animated vidya adaptions, good and bad, and discuss them. I''ll start with the pitch for a Crash Bandicoot cartoon. Do you think it would have been successful?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=Persona 3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesn't this just scream "Mega Man"?
Seriously, what kind of fucked up god allowed this to happen?

what the fuck?

Its the chapter where Dr Willy allies with furries from outer space, dont you remember

So which one was better

Sonic. That series felt less like an advertisement and we get kek worthy shit like Sonic Sez.

I miss RVA's Mega Man and Captain N threads terribly. We still have to put up with "SECONDARY THREAD" goblins of the like that tried to chase him off in the first place.

I get why they chased off RoB but the only ones that tried to start shit were the ones who chased him off of Holla Forums and eventually back to Holla Forums. Bored shitposters will happen.

I miss him. Last I heard cuck Holla Forums practically skinned him alive for a black or tranny joke

Ripper Roo is really white. What is with these animated things always getting character colors and interpretations wrong?

Some ink was cheaper than other ink. Because of that a lot of cartoons in the late 80s/early 90s did recolors like this to save shekels. You can guess why ripper is now white and korean animation was the norm.

I'm not the only one seeing it right?

Also I heard it was that they just didn't get good reference pics and went with whatever a general description was like.

See what? If it's the decapitated head in the background, that's just because their head is behind the machine right at the neck.

His eyes make the 8ch logo. A happy coincidence and at most makes me laugh that Ripper could be a common shitposter.

Oh fug you're right. New banner when?

One shitty edit hot and ready.

Wakfu is the best vidya cartoon.

bump

Wasn't it just an animated opening cutscene produced by Universal before Sony said "no, we need to show off the 3D on our console that can't really do 3D"?

Ape Escape
what do you think?

Posting the masterpiece that is Sonic Underground.

Yeah, Crash wasn't 3D or anything. Everyone knows there were no 3D games on the PlayStation. Not like that was a major selling point or anything.

best anime right here

He was clearly saying that the console couldn't handle 3D well, which is true as pretty much any 3D game from that time period looks like shit now (compared to earlier 2D games that can still look good) and ran even worse. Not to mention that the very low resolutions made things look like grainy messes.

The Persona 3 movies are pretty solid, imo

Where the hell is part 2 and 3? I couldn't find it when Nyaa was alive. Now I dont know where to get my free animu from.

All 4 movies are out dude
nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=Persona 3

I'm off WarFrame but that's good.
Did he also do the Star Wars fan-animation short called TIE FIGHTER?

Use .pantsu.cat instead, .si is cartel-owned.

Truly talented.

The bayonetta movie is baller af tbh fam.

This counts as a vidya "animation", right?

now that Blazblue Cross Tag is a thing, RWBY animation is officially relevant to this thread

What the fuck is with that voice.
I've heard the UK dub of Ape Escape (the guy who does the head minion in Overlord did Specter IIRC)- the fuck is this?

Even as someone who "liked" it- no it's fucking not.
Though Arc's director has shown interest in making a RWBY game. At least they could animate it well.
In short, Season 1 is "OK" but has flaws. But it gets better up to Season 3. Season 4 fucking nose-dived in action animation quality and plot.

How about some

EARTH
WORM
JIM

SONIC UNDERGROUND

If only that happened in crash retold…

I saw the Angry Birds movie recent and I thought it was pretty good. IMHO, I think that the Angry Birds movie was best vidya movie to come out even though the bar is set very low for vidya movies.

A based one
GETTING SENTIMENTAL

But that's wrong. You can be a graphics whore talking about muh polygons or whatever, but there are tons and tons of great 3D games from that gen. Everyone knows video games hit their peak in 1998, and in 1998 and the years around it, 3D games were all the rage. It took a while for 2D to even make a comeback.

Posting the best. Anyone who disagrees is a nigger.

It's easily one of the better video game movies, at the very least. And better than it had any right to be.