TITANFALL

Last thread hit bump limit
What are you:

Other urls found in this thread:

gamebanana.com/tuts/5805
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13432/amd-crashing-thread/p5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are you:
I've been playing Frontier Defence a lot and using the Softball because it's decent against everything and I like it.
Scorch, now that he isn't a garbage fire. Northstar is surprisingly good on Frontier Defence.
I'm still on my journey to get every non-sniper weapon to gen 2.0. I need to play more, honestly.

Is there a ripped 3D model of scorch anywhere? My friends got a super nice 3D printer and I figured it would be cool to have a Scorch statue.

EPG, just shittin on nerds all day.

Chad Scorch, of course. I want to try Northstar a little more but it seems miserably ineffective, especially against pilots. Actually, what's the go-to Scorch upgrade? I use the one that just buffs his main weapon, I feel like it'd be useless without it.

Uh, 3.something.

For MP tempered plating or inferno shield. The former just generally lets you take more abuse and avoid oopsies with thermite. The latter lets you rape anything that tries to get in your face and lets you overuse it for peeking around corners are stuff.

Hm, I like the inferno shield idea. I guess I'll just have to live with the thermite launcher doing tiny damage.

We still need to stop the frothy jew from ruining our videogame.

whom?

Some shitty nobody eceleb who wants to turn the game more towards competitive gayman to pad his viewer base.

The video you're referencing supposedly isn't his opinions, just something he lent his voice for.

Firstly, he probably wouldn't have helped with the video if he didn't agree, secondly, I've seen some of his other videos, and in them he's agreed with a whole lot of the points presented in that video.

What are you:
EPG and L-Star
Monarch
2.something I can't remember
So how is Scorch now? Playable?

How is Frontier Defense? I don't really play this game with anyone, would it even be fun or rewarding?
Softball, Mastiff, Cold War and EPG. Hit-scan weapons are for no-fun shitters.
Ronin and Monarch every day.
Half way through 7, I also recently unlocked every execution.

Could someone link said video?

Was Scorch changed recently?

Fun. Scorch is epecially fun because there's nothing more satisfying than mowing down 5+ titans with a flame core.
It has its own in-built progression system in which you unlock upgrades for your titans, things like 3 shots in a mag for scorch, or two phase dashes for Ronin.
You get a neat banner when you max out exp for it and titan kills count towards skin unlocks etc.
Yes.
His tempered plating is arguably his most viable kit now because it makes him immune to his own fire AND block crits, letting him stick to enemy titans like a spastic mongoose.
His wildfire launcher also does extra direct hit damage so that one's nice if you prefer to play a long-range artillery style rather than an in-your-face panic generator.
Oh, and best of all, Scorch and Legion now have an in-built dash meaning you can run overcore instead of turbo engine.

I knew about the dash change because I sometimes use Legion, but I decided to give Scorch a second try and I cannot stop roasting everyone in my sights. He's so good and fun now. I can't wait to see him in Frontier Defense.

Respawn did a video showing off the new Titanfall mobile RTS/tower defence thing/contract with the devils at EA which Respawn had to sign in order to live another year.

EPG thanks for the recommendation in a couple threads back user
Ronin
??

That's just fucking sad

The Japanese fonts look beautiful. Is that option available in the English release?

As for OP
L-Star. It's a weapon I never gave much love when I started, but after getting over the skill curve I love it. Gibs enemies, no reloads and handles in a fun way.
Levelling up Northstar. Having a lot of fun with her, especially on FD. I can't seem to get back into Ronin after a huge hiatus. Not sure if nerfed or I'm just bad.

Mastiff. Tried P2016 but they just fucking murdered that gun. Wish the Reeeee was better.
Northstar and Scorch. I've recently been playing Ronin after writing him off completely. Probably the best titan in the game.
Nothing. I got my colours.

I've never been able to try it myself, but can a laser shot/charge rifle sweep if you move just as it fires?
Or does it remain stationary from where it began?

Personally, I do agree with him on many of the points he makes, but the fact that he removed comments and ratings so that he can just give it to Respawn without the risk of anyone with differing opinions fucking with his own preferences makes him a fucking worthless shitstain.

Don't think so, it just hits where you have the cursor once it's done charging.

I agree on some points, but he has some absolutely retarded ones, like him thinking that it's wrong that a team respawns in it's own base in the CTF mode, or how he thinks that weapon balance is bad, when he only covers SMGs and Assault Rifles, proceeding to say how the Alternator is an RNG weapon. Even though, the Alternator kicks one to the right, and then one to the left, basically evening out it's recoil.

Oh FFS why do people always want to ruin games by forcing that esport shit?! Can't we just have fun?

EVA mostly, but I always switch to a ton of different stuff so I don't feel like I'm using anything as a crutch
I neglected ion for a long time, so I'm trying to level it up
I'm on gen 3 on the PS4 version. Can't remember what gen I got to on my toaster PC, but not having every game be at 400 ping 40fps makes me feel like the vanquish bloke with his limiters off

I contacted him in regards to removing comments and ratings and his reply was essentially;

Yeah, as if some random player with an opinion has even a fraction of the influence or recognition of the most popular Titanfall content creator.
Fucking retard.

He's always been a massive faggot. He's basically RDDT/F3 in human form. He's shit at the game, but he has to be first, so he metawhores and plays 100% no fun allowed.

It's okay I do too sometimes

I've been using pulse blade to get the execution but ended up liking it for its use in the end.
Holo pilot was fun too when I was getting that execution.

The blade execution's definitely one of the best ones I think, though I really like the holo pilot one too.

Mastiff is so fun to use, it's the weapon I've got the most kills with. I don't get why every time I seem to get killed it's with the basic bitch assault rifle when the mastiff's in the game

My PC can't handle it

Will it be dead by January when I get a new one?

Nope this game is published by nexon.

Anyone want to play frontier defense on xbone? Level 14 monarch

Gamertag: RLYJezusChrist

Bump

laffo

It's Source so it shouldn't be hard to get your hands on the files
Google gives me this:
gamebanana.com/tuts/5805

If you do it share an image of it, though unless it's a pretty high end printer I don't think the result will be that great when using a detailed model.

>not the wingman elite
mastiff is still great tho

Well, I just hit G11 on Scorch and now am looking to level another titan.
Any suggestions?
Legion seems pretty fun.

Nah. They put it in the Origin Access vault. Between that and the Frontier Defense mode returning. It got a big bump in players recently. PS4 version is kill though.

My hipfire sucks ass because I lose sight of the cross hairs and you can't customise the colour or size like you could in BF4.
So I stuck a piece of a sticky note coloured red to help train my accuracy.
Works like a charm.

Speaking about the Vault, Battleshieeet 1 just got added to the vault. I find it weird because usually an EA game goes into the vault less than a year after release when it didn't sell well (see Mirror's Edge Catalyst and the indie platformer with the red wooly thing). Did BF1 sell less than ME:A and TF2?

They added BF1 because that game's player retention is Battleborn tier. Game doesn't have enough unlocks for your average normalfag to stick around.

I know that a lot of people went back to BF4 and even BF Hardline, but if there was one EA game that would enter the vault now, that would be ME:A.
That said, I remember a video from a BF youtuber who was saying that there was something wrong with BF1 because at the time he made the video (I think it was in late june) Dice released only 1 DLC and compared to BF4's lifecycle there were already 3 DLCs out by june of the year of release.

Only recently gotten back into the game, god i hate most of the new maps besides war game and glitchwhich i never get to play.

Also did they go back and add a lot of zip lines to old maps, maybe I'm remembering wrong but i don't remember any of the maps having them before.

Softball, and I hate it.
Scorch
on my 3rd gen trying to get all my guns to gen 2.

I did that.
You're going to have fun with the Hemlok, the DMR and the double take, now that they've murdered amped weapons.

How?

I'm the opposite

There's a shitload of autisic players in OCE.
One guy I've played against a number of times always talked in all caps, got mad whenever someone mentioned god or luck, and got really furious when being called a nerd.
Funniest part is that he's G11 and never gets more than 4 kills per round.

They last 30 seconds now, instead of until you die.

That's not too horrible. 30 seconds is a long time in this game and with Amped weapons your TTK is greatly reduced.

SMR on Frontier Defense; good against Grunts/Stalkers/Titans. Even better when amped.
Was piloting Legion. Got him to max rank and started playing around with Ion since I don't see a lot of other players using it on FD. She seems criminally underrated. Tone, Scorch, Monarch are on my to pilot list.
2.0 pilot. Not too concerned since I only play FD exclusively.

SMR is good fun man. Just takes some getting used to. It was a whole lot better when you had to choose between AT wpn and Sidearm, since you could use the SMR as a ghetto AT wpn.

I asked this in the previous thread, but would anyone be interested in me writing up a giant autistic screechpost about everything FrothyFaggot said in as a counterargument and then sending it to respawn or posting it on rebbit? I want to believe Respawn wouldn't listen to him, but with a video this long anything could happen, and I'd rather not have his views gain any traction without a counterargument.

I remember an user saying he was writing or, thinking about writing something like that.

Also, I'm gonna hop online for a bit in [8ch]. Join me if you want to play.

Yeah, that was me. I thought there'd be more support for FrothyFaggot on the titanfall subrebbit but most of the cattle there were surprisingly against him.

Lot of the subrebbit turned on him because, through some act of divine irony, this one specific subrebbit doesn't like no-fun-allowed faggots.

epg/kraber, started using the mastiff last night and I'm liking it
scorch has been my boy since day 1, playing a little bit of monarch and tone on the side however
mastiff and monarch

I think the tone of the titanfall community, for lack of a better term, is much less serious than an average gaming community. Frothy often shows a more competitive play focus with the game and I think to the average player, he can go over board. If you want an example look at his gaming intelligently or scrub mentality video. Titanfall 2 is a game where you pilot giant robots, fling yourselves with extreme speed across the map, all while wielding a comically video game-y rocket launcher firing blue balls of death that make people gib. I dont think this game could ever be taken seriously to the degree frothy seems to want take it.

For some reason I can't seem to have much fun with anything besides scorch.

If I had to tier the titans in terms of enjoyment, it'd go
Scorch>>>>>Northstar=Ronin>Monarch=Legion=Ion>Tone

I never thought I'd be so happy to be surrounded by casuals.

I want to like her, but I mostly play Ion and I'm always baffled how the generalist titan is a better sniper than the sniper titan by simple virtue of having a fucking hitscan weapon. That combined with the stryder chassis just means she melts if you ever make a wrong move; just the other day I was playing on Relic, and I decide to go around the back of the U-shaped town on one half of the map, only to discover there happened to be pilots on the rooftops and oh, well, Northstar has died because she literally cannot do anything against the archer or the MGL and shooting pilots is dicey because of her slow-ass projectile.

Maybe I'm just bad, but fucking Monarch was outsniping me just because she had that goddamn electric laser, which also mean every time I actually shot her all I did was strip the shields.

And the "competitive community" apparently considers her one of the better titans, up there with Ion. Insane.

Northstar has the steepest learning curve out of all the titans, potentially equal to Scorch. She has relatively weak performance but if you can get to the point where you can fully charge crit sniper other titans consistently; your golden.

Just picked up the Sidewinder.
Holy fuck this thing is fun now.
Much better than in the first game.

Just started playing through (((EA Access))), played a shitload of the first game so I'm liking this a lot.

EPG mostly, Alternatoir/Mozambique for keks. Haven't leveled enough for the Mastiff but I want it so bad. Should I use credits?
Scorch all the way. Melting shitters who can't deal with my zoning and arcing mortar shots onto pilots who think they have cover.
I'm not even level 20 lmao

Also: Why is Blisk such a faggot compared to the first game?

Depends on if you want to start from square one after regenning or not

Yeah. Consider that once you gen you'll loose all your progress and you'd need to unlock them again. For your first few gens you'd wanna have a bought gun or one of the basic unlock guns as your go to. I'm gen 10 and now I just accumulate credits and anything is bought. Right now I collect credits like dust on a shelf.

Remind me again why Tone is considered OP?
99% of Tone pilots are pussies that panic and run, eject or choke when they realise you can walk through their particle wall.

How the might have fallen.

I totally agree with you retard.

No-one is praising EA you spastic

basically noob bait
It's considered strong so low skill players garner to it thinking they can make up for the lack thereof.

Because most people don't realize Tone shines when you use hit-and-run tactics and move around like a Ronin.

Tone used to be actually overpowered when you could oneshot any Titan with Salvo Core. Now, she's extremely good, because she's versatile as shit. You have the 40mil to kill pilots, you have a great defensive ability because it has really weird properties. For example, it stops scorch fire, but it doesn't get damaged by fire, explosives that hit it don't actually splash, and Northstar's cluster rocket hits it, but the secondary explosions don't do damage to it. The tracker missiles have insane tracking, and if you have the 2 extra missiles kit they do retarded damage, not to mention that you don't even have to direct hit people with the 40mil to tag them. People will tell you that you have to use the rockets smartly, so they don't get eaten by shields, but, you can always compensate by shooting more rockets as fast as possible. Also, Salvo Core is no fun allowed, the ability, because if you see a titan in a dome shield, you just post up next to him, and as soon as the dome goes down you win button him to 10% health.

Tone used to have:
Nowadays, she's actually the specialized combo damage titan Respawn wanted her to be, so it can be hard to believe half the players in any given game using Tone because no other titan did as much damage for so little investment. She's more focused on the combo now, so playing her is more interesting.

…. Turns out Respawn didn't develop the game to well on AMD cards and there are unavoidable crashes that happen every other multiplayer match without a fix. There is also no plans to fix this.

Where'd you read that? I don't want to believe they'd be that incompetent considering how good the rest of the game is. It's so weird: I'll go hours with no crashes and then I'll have a dozen crashes in half that time.

forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13432/amd-crashing-thread/p5

right now there's a five page thread and no real fix.

Where do you get the cherry blossoms decal for scorch? I don't think I've seen it in game

I bought it.
I spent my own money on it.

This is happens constantly with me as well, yet I somehow still have 200 hours in the game.
Is it just AMD cards?

pic related happened as I was about to tear into this tone, right as I fucking fired the game froze.

Someone complained about my "nazi skin"

I haven't gotten gud enough to have someone accuse me of hacking, but I'd love to do it with the best nose art for best titan.

So far it's just AMD cards. One of my friends actually contacted AMD today to figure out what was going on. They said they were aware of the problem and working on a fix. If that's true and how long it will take is kind of up in the air.

Shame because I was starting to git gud.

I just put gas bombs behind people, set it on fire, then force them into the fire with more fire

This is why I use warpfall

SMR mustard rice

woah, that actually looked really cool though i'm not sure if you were killing players or mobs. i played the first titanfall back when it came out and it was shit because of the pve aspect and i also don't remember it being this fast but from that webm the game actually looks interesting.

You hear the kill "ding!", it's a player.

AI kills get very little fanfare, but they still add up to your weapon levels.

new AMD driver out. Any AMD users still experiencing online crashes?

help

just a heads up, new AMD driver seems to fix the issue. Played for a couple hours and no crashes.

Is it an individual file from their website or would I get that through the driver manager the last update installed?

open up radeon settings, updates, 17.8.1

Jesus christ, how do I even use this piece of shit?

How do you git gud at sniping in a game as fast as this?

Learn to lead your shots.
Or just use the DMR if you can't be bothered to.

NEW UPDATE

And now for your regularly schedule cancer:

They didn't say anything about balance changes, but they never do. Based on the title, I was hoping for some kind of replay or photographer mode, but I'm at least happy to have more than four maps for Frontier Defence.

I'd be okay with them if they were 1 special skin you could put on any weapon, but $5 for 1 skin is shit. Though not gonna lie if they have a nice one for EPG/SMR/Volt I might get one kill me

I've considered getting some of the prime titans, but I like the rusty, real robot look of the original titans too much. The prime titans look silly in comparison.

(((Origin Access))) shitter here.

I have to say it's a damn crime that this game is basically getting ignored while Battlekangz 1 still somehow manages to attract players.

Why is it so hard to find a multiplayer shooter that actually feels good to play?

The only prime I prefer over the Original is Northstar.
The others are okay, but nothing special.
Legion Prime is just a direct downgrade though.
I like Scorch Prime's new execution but get fucked I'm not paying $7 dollarydoos for an animation.

By gitting gud
If you're the dumb nigger pointing a slow projectile weapon directly at moving enemy 100m away, you deserve to miss.

Well there's your standard EA jewry and corporate incompetence. As far as design goes, I honestly think the Source engine covers a lot of it. I'm biased since I played a lot of TF2 and Half-Life 2, but the way Source handles most things (melee hit detection, moving characters on moving objects excepted) just feels natural. Unreal Engine games, especially UE3, had this real clay feeling to them where it always felt as though I had to move my character through ankle-deep mud.

Something as simple as the grappling hook in Titanfall 2 could probably be expanded into its own gameplay mechanic in another game, just by virtue of it feeling so damn smooth to use. I wish the game wasn't on Origin so people could mod it and have challenge maps with stim/grapple.

He's neat, but the giant LEDs on his forearms kill the design. He belongs on a bad EDM album cover.
What, you don't like your tactical assault diaper?
Yeah, that's my boat. I got the deluxe edition when the game was on sale because it was only $5 extra for some harmless cosmetic stuff and, hey, why not. I like having more than one animation for Ion (my girl) and Scorch, but I wouldn't want to pay full price for a cosmetic upgrade I'd only see or care about a fraction of a fraction of the time.

The hit detection is definitely 90 percent of it, and come to think of it TF2 always felt pretty solid hitreg wise as well, so maybe it's the engine.

Way too many games these days try to get away with muddy netcode–nothing fucks me off more than getting pulled back around corners to die in a fast-paced game. The only possible exception here is the melee, but that's a problem with the animations, not the netcode. Funny how they did that better in Titanfall 1 where every melee was a roundhouse kick–you could always see the enemy winding up. Now there's very little visual indication that someone is trying to boot you in the head.

Which is really strange, given Titanfall's bizarre hybrid servers which use 20,40, and 60tick updates cycles for different kinds of information. I remember reading an explanation from the netcode developer at Respawn who said they modified the Source engine so that ticks aren't tied to frame rate (TF2 only did this after Star_ made a video complaining about it in 2013 or something), which implies they have a very good understanding of the netcode or their interpolation algorithms are just that good.

Apparently TF2 always had fucked hit detection (vid related), but I know that can't be true because I know for a fact I've shot rockets and grenades through characters' legs.

Next DLC gonna be a new banner

aaand scratch that. looks like the same crash is still present.

I think it'd be neat if Frontier Defense had a big boss titan to fight at the end of the final wave. Something like the mercs from the campaign, but not as pussy. The only two fun bosses in the campaign were Viper and Slone due to being more gimmicky.
Hell, rather than a titan it could be a bigass dropship or tank.
Or maybe even a bigger one of the dragon things from the first game.
Oh, or perhaps a unique titan with four arms and two weapons or something.

Supposedly those are relics of a concept for a titan with exploding punches and a grappling hook.
Hell, Scorch Prime essentially is that Titan,

I used to do that with a CRT and a vis-a-vis marker in games that didn't have a reticle.