Which is the best version of cavestory to be played on linux, Wiiware version emulated or the NXEngine one?

Which is the best version of cavestory to be played on linux, Wiiware version emulated or the NXEngine one?

Other urls found in this thread:

cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php
github.com/Clownacy/nxengine-evo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rushjet1 remade Cave Story's soundtrack in Famitracker with the VRC6 soundfont. I think his soundtrack can be used with the Switch version so, if you bought a Switch already, you may want to buy Cave Story again.

I'm very sorry and I don't know how to not exactly sound rude about this, but are you not able to read?
I am looking for which version to play on linux.
Not on nintendo switch.

Nah that will run like shit and waste power for no good reason.

This.

Why do people like Cave Story so much? I didn't play it back in the day and went into it only recently

Typical pixelshit indie, but it's okay when glorious nippon does it.

Mate I know you're baiting but the game predates all that shit by about a decade.

Can't play Cave Story+ with the original translation patch?

Nicalis are shit, and their version of the game re-"culturalizes" it.

NXEngine runs just fine.

You have to build it from source with the original game files anyway.

If you add the translation patch it's the best version.

Cave Story+ works on linux?

Wine not work? It's a pretty simple game.

I don't see how getting drunk would help.

How so?

Nevermind I'm retarded

I thought you were pretending to be retarded. Jesus…

kek

Sure you are

[citation needed]

The gameplay is pretty solid, the soundtrack great, the story pretty okay, the art quite good, and it was released in 2004. Did I mention it was free because Pixel was a baller who was only doing it for fun? Cave Story is the perfect outcome of an artist indie developer. Also, check out Kero Blaster. It's not free, but it's like $2 or something. I like it better than Cave Story.

there's a linux port here:
cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php
(scroll down)
but also using wine with the original works fine i'm pretty sure, and it's what I'd recommend.

Holy shit

The best version is a fork of NX-Engine EVO. The original NX-Engine EVO supports widescreen but only runs in 50FPS. This guy's fork works in 60FPS Widescreen with the only downside that the Nikumaru Counter runs faster (if you care about speedrunautism, I don't).
You can get it here:

github.com/Clownacy/nxengine-evo

Build it and you're good to go.