SS13 / Space Station 13 Bread

ACTUAL SERVER edition

Its an autistic round-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator with clowns
You download the BYOND client byond.com/
Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.
byond://87.117.247.20:33447
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide
Chaosyourgod is the current owner of the server, meanwhile 8chanserverhost administrates it and maintains the server. They have a github at github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station
>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact either Chaosyourgod or 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.
If you know anything in regards of the game, and you'd like to help us, we need to update the information on the wiki, and it would be fantastic if you could contribute. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
pastebin.com/raw/cfJXkWYp
dropbox.com/s/gr6r8a8pvfkzkdn/midi2piano.zip?dl=0
facebook.com/chaosyourgod
twitter.com/chaosyourgod
forums.uberent.com/threads/refund-2-years-of-hassle-and-incompentance.64342/
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/320560
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/305179
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/352304
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://rule34-beta.paheal.net/comment?page=170852
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://rule34-beta.paheal.net/comment?page=134112
ask.fm/Wolfspider
discord.gg/DCWtDJf
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/29874
github.com/chaosyourgod/-8ch-station/pull/76
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also traitor royale is a bad idea

is serbja kill? Can't connect

works on my machine :^))

[tab] OR RIOT
And maybe sexy nurse Annie chassi.

I had an idea that would be similar to ling, but require some spriting and coding

THE CELL SAGA

don't forget the twenty other retarded formatting errors that need to be fixed to

kill yourself

This is dumb and you should feel bad.
SS13 isn't a shonen, there are many shitty DBZ ripoff games on BYOND anyways.

Oh I'm sorry, I'll let you get back to your super-serious space station simulator featuring Wizards and Dakimakuras

Okay firstly
Immediately trash, but that's not the end of it just yet.
No thanks.

please grow a few dozen IQ points before coming back

Not even error, this code doesn't have them.

While I'm disappointed my idea has holes, at least you pointed them out instead of just shooting it down.

If you cry like a baby because people don't like a idea you aren't willing to work on, you shouldn't be on the internet.

Hey man, I never said I wasn't willing to work on it.
Fuck it, let's troubleshoot.
I would argue that Ling, Xeno and other special tator rounds also have this issue
Larva would likely spawn in maint, where it would be hard to find, or we could just scrap it entirely and have Cell just spawn as imperfect.
This is part of the risk of the Androids revealing themselves. Round could just not end I suppose, but then what's left? Cell just goes off killing until admin restart or he dies.
How about, instead, anyone BUT the first Android gets to be the time traveller, but that assumes someone is dead already.

Overly complex; will never get coded or sprited.
That being said, I would definitely be up for more gamemodes that invole two parties doing their own thing while the crew is caught in the crossfire, like Gang, but the trouble there is you need enough players for that to be playable.

It's shit. From top to bottom. The cell saga was a clusterfuck of ideas thrown on because of editors saying it couldn't end yet, it was a miracle it came out good. As a game mode it has too many stages, and all of them depend on the 'Cell' being robust.
This is not the sort of thing that brings people to a server, but sends them away. Besides, the DBZ crowd is not necessarily the SS13 crowd. You very well may be catering to yourself alone.

The onlt thing that reakky needs spriting is Cell, since the Androids would just look like normal crewmen. (Maybe with optional clothing/hairstyles that make them look like the dbz Androids).
I'm pretty shit at spriting, but I could give it a go. I sprited all the Dakis and the Cardborgs that never got implimented.

All I can do is suggest ideas. If they aren't liked, well that's life, but at least I suggested something.

fuck I'm tired

This is fucking retarded, and you should be bullied for suggesting it.

MicroStation fag here; I've found a brilliant solution to the tators not having much space available to tator in:
The Asteroid is easily accessible. You can go to the asteroid for a variety of legitimate reasons, and there will be a fair number of access points like perma, cargo, science etc.
Chuck in some basic mining tools and a fair number of abandoned structures and you can go create your own little tator base.
Initial thoughts on how to shape this would be handy, but it won't be acted on until the rest of the station is prepared.

Spriting means shit compared to coding, see: Spiderfag spriting a bunch of shit that never gets implemented as no code exists.

There's just too many steps involved that it will be confusing to players initially, then you'll get people stop playing during those rounds, or they'll just grab the androids, weld them in lockers and space them so Cell can't grab them. Sure, you could add a bunch of ways to prevent this, but then that's just more snowflake code.

That isn't a required. It isn't even actively wanted. If you must, put some thought into how it would hold up against power-gamers. Against newbs who can't buckle into chairs.
This is why wizard mode is sometimes shit. The spells, if used right, are ripe for griefing. It doesn't have good powergaming checks.

Now imagine a previous greyshirt getting cell. Round over, everyone back to lobby, five more minutes until next game.

That's a fair point. I know nothing of byond code so I have no idea how had this would be to impliment. Figured you could recycle stuff from ling and other abilities to make it work. Like flashes for Solar Flare and Felshmend for regeneration.

I meant that in a "Eh, at least I tried" kinda way, but I get your point.
I'd argure that a newfag betting any tator role would effectively be a roundover, but I appreciate that my idea would be fairly hard to pick up.

You can easily ghetto-code things like basic abilities, but the other things, like calling down an entire arena without something like a designator, or throwing up the last eaten android (which would mean they don't get ghosted, they just exist as a mob within Cell, which would be a hassle in and of itself), the ability to view an android status etc would just be adding a bunch of haphazard code that would cause other problems during the round.

As much fun as it is to dream up new gamemodes/items, you always need to look at what is currently available and why it has stood the test of time. The gamemodes are usually quite basic, with the only gamemodes requiring an extensive amount of hurdles to jump over being Cling, Sling and Gang. The rest are pretty basic "lmao just kill dis and steal dis :D"

Figured that would just overwrite the existing tiles around Perfect Cell, like the Revenant or Harvester mobs can
Figured they would get Ghosted, but are forced back into their body once he throws up. Even if they had to exist inside Cell, you could just use Xeno Vore code
That could just be a little indicator over their head, like with Security shades

I agree with this. More gamemodes with traitor vs traitor would be nice.

How much longer are you going to defend/try to fix your idea? It's pretty pointless at this point. Besides, there is a DBZ Byond game I can see in the game list right now. It would fit better there.

Hey man, at this point it's pretty much certain it's not going in.
Just trying to figure out what doesn't work so my next idea might be better.

Yes, but then what does it do to every tile underneath? Does it place down turf (walls and floors) wiping previous turf, but keeping objects? Then you have random machinery and tables scattered around the arena.
Forcing ghosts back into bodies is a bad idea. A lot of people will just DC if they get ghosted, so what happens to the android now? Do they get a random ghost from the ghostpop, who may/may not have any idea what is happening in the gamemode? Or what if there are no ghosts/they all decline?
Also, Vore code is a meme and will never actually be implemented on the server despite me cycling IPs to rig the vote up by 20 each time for a laugh.
That's easy enough to implement; that code already exists for cultists and slings to see their fellow antags, I read your original post thinking you wanted to only see the androids if you shift+clicked them to examine.

Also, if Cell looks like Cell, how would he manage to grab the Androids?
The Androids could just hang around Command/Sec the entire shift and the weak Cell would have to robust the entire sec force plus the 3 androids, as he stands out and can't just walk up to them and kidnap them.

Lots of flaws due to the complexity of the game mode, and that means you need to have a lot of contingencies planned, which causes more headaches.

A more violent version of gang would be neat. Something like two groups that dislike each other having to recruit NT crew to their side (RP or mechanically) and leading to large combat scenarios.

That would actually be fairly easy; you'd need at least 1 spawn for each team, a way to convert like a rev flash, maybe one you need to agree to in order to be converted so you can choose not to play tator death match (RP would need no code, but then it's just "focus the leader") then a check to see when everyone is dead from one side, like Wiznerd or Rev.

Again, that would require a substantial number of players to actually be fun, so we need to shill the game more to other anons on the board and work our way up the BYOND hub to get more pubbies to play with abuse profusely.

I'm pretty sure xeno vore is already in, but you're right that it is overly complicated.
Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

Oh, you meant xenomorph vore, where you can attack a xeno from inside if they eat you.
I forgot about that; I just assumed you were talking about vorecode and all their xeno races, as people from previous threads insist on asking for vorecode.

That would work, but then you still have someone sitting inside Cell for however long, as they don't die like they do in Xeno stomachs, which may lead to DCs.

We could also do more player versus station type antags. Like an antag that's basically a human powersink, and just drains APCs, or an antag thats constantly farting hallucinogens or something.

Now that has potential. An energy leech, who has a target of so many volts engorged. A walking electrician's toolbox, maybe able to spawn those flying bat things, Mynocks apparently, that ate away at the Millenium Falcon, siphoning energy and melting holes in it. Plop a little growth on a door, you can lock it or even electroshock it. God forbid he be an engineer who sets up the singularity, else he can spawn so many dozens of the little flyers/spiders.

We already have regular ling, and shadow ling, why not a Vim-ling?

you know at first I didn't quite like the idea of this thing but its starting to grow on me, an antag that passively drains the energy from machines around him would be pretty baller to fight against rip any borgs though

Exactly. Stun batons, borgs, AI intervention, they'd be useless. Hell, most energy weapons would probably heal him. Only spacing and physical weapons would work. It's like a late-round boss. Xrays? Pointless.

One of these vs a shadowling cult would make a good campy movie. Sometime the light is just as dark or some horrible tag line like that.

If we're going for simplicity, what about a Typhoid Mary gamemode?
Antag has the ability to produce and spread various diseses in their body, while also contantly having their blood produce a ragent that makes them immune to all of it.
crew have to find the one person who has no symptoms and steal their blood so they can cure everyone, while the Mary has to infect the crew with gradually worse and worse diseases.

I know someone wanted to change xeno to be genetics based at some point in the future

That's basically the Space Ninja.

Interesting, but hard to do and balance.
If you use the current diseases, it's trivial to make a vaccine for everything and screw Mary. If she makes custom diseases instead, then she can just spam new ones all the time since vaccines only cure specific diseases.

Typhon Mary would end up just being a walking Virologist that doesn't need it's machine to concoct virus. If she needed reagents to brew virus, that'd screw her up since it means going Chemist or not getting the best syndromes, unless she gets free reagents or doesn't need them.
Even then, Virologist is balanced around RNG, an antag that gets RNG slapped to it's tools is shit but if there's no RNG to it, then she'll be able to puke deadly diseases in seconds.
Of course, the disease system actually works against her since the best symptoms also make it easier to cure said disease. The best ones would be cured just from eating food.

You'd need to balance Typhon Mary around all of this.
The source of avaliable symptoms that should start small but expand based on an external factor (number of people infected?)
The source of chemicals used to produce said diseases (since it can't just be the usual 3 only)
A special proc to create diseases that ignores symptom parameters and sets Stealth, Cure and Contagion to some other parameter based on Typhon Mary. Perhaps she can specialize in certain symptoms, carrier methods and stats.

Of course, at this point it's just a shittier Changeling.

Genetics serves solely to dictate the disabilities and powers you have. Out of all the genes, a single one is used for race and it's basically a binary value between Human and Monkey.

Re-writing DNA to take into account species would be a major undertaking that would break a lot of stuff currently working in the game (including the Clown, believe it or not) and in the end you still wouldn't achieve much besides making a single gene toggle between species at certain intervals.

Genome could be used to describe the atributes of a mob, like how many limbs it has, what organs it grows and some of it's base stats like punch damage and health. But there isn't that much to begin with and sprites aren't very good to include mutations so hybrids are not very much possible, they'd have to be it's own mob, and changing said basic stats is either pointless due to RNG if they don't change much, or overpowering and needing several drawbacks (like Hulk).

I was thinking Mary might not need specific ragents, but need to be CONSTANTLY eating to fuel bacteria breeding.
Individual disieses could be cured, but then they could also have a power to make a new strain of one or all of their diseases, shuffling their cures.
Maybe have a menu to roll new diseases, getting more powerful with how many people are infected, going from the sniffles to people vomiting blood or exploding.
Maybe have the option to trade in a a fast transmision method for a faster tick rate on the symptoms or something like that. Could even have the option to buy better aspects of the diseases, which would add variety in playstyles. Do you go slowly and balance your stats so it builds gradually, or do you get everyone vomiting blood in the first 10 minuites but you gotta touch em all first.

Also
Sounds way cooler but now what I'm going for.

s-some d-day….

I quite like that idea, specially if it's more like a sidetag, could fuck the station, could help the station.

That gives me an idea:

wait no ignore that overriding loyalty implants thing

That's already what gangs is, but the Rev head is the captain, more or less.

[muffled want every mob to have it's own dna tbh]

WHO
WHO CURSED IT

pay for the gay to go away with us user

That's not true. Can't you get different arm/leg sprites after surgery?

it's my fault
In all seriously, we ideafagged on OOC a few days ago about mechanics that will never ever be coded and there's probably a couple faggots who thought shitting up the thread with this was a good idea. Though, nothing of what we talked in there was even remotely related to the ideafaggotry displayed here, in both autism and subjects.

comfy rounds best rounds

idea fagging is fine so long as people know that if your idea is shit it's more then likely going to be shit on and then ignored and if you're a coder and you're coding your idea fagging please don't just think people are going to put up with your shit idea code just because you coded it

That's not your authority

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

The one time I saw that, it ate the lag.

So what's a good meme to spawn singos, two bags of holding?

I want to look at possible speedup fixes this week

HAIL SUPER LORD SINGO

there's not much you can really do it

Emag an orion trail machine. Kidnap someone and force him to play in the machine. There's an statistical 40% chance he'll either blow up or be consumed by a singulo if he loses. Him winning gives him a syndicate minibomb/grenade that doesn't automatically trigger trow mode and looks like a cruel toy.

add secret ingredient x: Supermatter shard. But beware! If you order more than one, admin comes eyeing up what you're doing. Also, it seems more than one supermatter shard cancels out the singularity.

I thought the lag came from it ripping up tiles, but I have a feeling it might have to do with the powernets, instead.

:^)

how do you change that though? make power more robust?

This is the current code for powernets. pastebin.com/raw/cfJXkWYp

I don't know why generating them is so expensive. But, if they were implemented as a binary tree, it would make pruning and add/removes a lot easier, in theory. But I'd really have to test to see if that's the case.

Incidentally, this might also affect maxcaps. Not sure about Narsie though; it's more tile conversion in his case.

what's the down side of changing it to a binary tree?

I wanna idea fag some more.
I don't like the Cell thing because it doesn't fit SPESS.
But you know what fits SPESS really well?
Cosmic Horrors. The full Lovecraft spiel, actually.

Simple idea I have:
Stage 3: Invasion

The only thing I can't seem to tie down in the middle of this is the soft-traitor idea I had. As the station descended into madness, I'd like to let people "pick a side". You could go full "WE'RE ALL MAD HERE" and do some rituals (using candles, your blood, spraycans or crayons) to become a cultist.
At stage 2, everyone would hear the call of the Greater One and get a single spell: sacrice. If you DO sacrifice something (or someone, the tribute could change) you get other spells and join the Greater one.
Or you could deny that, prepare to fight the cultists, the minions and then make the biggest explosion you could to obliterate the Greater one. Because if there's something I learned from Cthulhu PnP is that explosives solve all problems.

It's not hard to do or hard to code either.
At most requires some spriting for the Old one's and their minions. Otherwise I'd use all the code and mechanics that already exist. Heck, most of it is just overworking the event system to spawn crap on top of crap until the station is an horrific hellhole.

Uh, I guess I'd have to rewrite the Hallucination code, because it's sort of shit right now though.
Heck, maybe make a "Sanity" var would be easier and allow someone to re-use it for something else. Heck, Mindbreaker could actually make you go insane instead of just hallucinate.

sounds like a worse cult and cult is already shit as it is

this is a better idea, making what's already there more robust

Not really, since there's no secrecy or cooperation.
You just decide if you wanna join one side or the other. If you join the cultists, you don't research. I think I'd re-use most of cult-code to do stuff, but you'd get your spells from the get go. Maybe start with a simple offensive spell (summon a 20 force mellee weapon at any time by converting a metal rod) and you can sacrifice people or animals to earn 2 more spells.
The thing is: the more people join the cultist side and the more spells/sacrifices they cast, the faster the round progresses and the sooner the Great Old one shows up. No coordination required, just go forth, kill shit, sac them and spread the joy.
For cosmetic and clearly cultist-revealing, I'd add a "madness aura" to cultists. those weird things that happen in the first stage of the round? They happen very frequently around the cultits (7x7 around you). That means wherever a cultist goes, lightbulbs break, blood appears out of nowhere, gibs, floor tiles break, the station slowly unravels itself.
I think I'd had some kind of wisps or floating fire to still keep some sort of lightning around the station.

And I think I got a good counter for the non-cultists. First and foremost, they should grab weapons and shoot cultists. Obviously.
Killing all cultists doesn't end the round, it just gives you more time.
Cultists can't use weapons. Most items they pick up should dissolve or malfunction. They'd have to rely on their spells and rituals.

Now the core of the game is escaping the Great Old One or killing it. Killing is easy: I'd code-them to be exactly like Nar'sie (they'd convert tiles to the cult tiles) but vulnerable to bombs that are powerfull enough. No welder bombs, but anything else goes. So that's one way. You'd have to figure out where the Great Old one will spawn to get an advantage.

To escape you can't just call the shuttle. That'd be disabled after the round reaches stage 2.
You need to create a portal to escape back to Centcomm. This portal fries cultists that touch it but otherwise lets crewmembers escape. There's 3 ways I came up to assemble that portal.
Cargo will have a new option to buy a crate carrying one of them. This would replace the entire cargo menu with a simple message (Take this, from a friend…)
If cargo is flabbergasted, you can modify the teleporter in science. To do this, R&D can print out a circuitboard. The R&D console gets changed to a screen that just says it's malfunctioning with a single button "Create" or some foreboding thing. Use the circuitboard on the teleporter and that will modify it.
The other way is the gateway. It will stop working when the round enters stage 2. You can activate it however and it will be warped and twisted into a portal.
That's where the conflict arises. No matter the method you pick, the cultists will be notified of a portal on the station. The portal will need charging and charges faster the more power it's connected to. Got singulo wired to the grid? Congratulations, you'll be safe in 30 seconds. Shoot cultists in the meantime.
Power is gone to shit? Fix it, get a Pacman or start praying.

As a last option, when the Great does show up, a "friend" will open a portal in a random point on the station and broadcast a warning. You'll have to rush there and enter to get saved, but that requires dodging the Great One and the cultists.

At the end, you get a report on how many cultists they were and how many people survived.
We can also make the cultists powers thematic with the Old One that will spawn.

How's that? Let's people counter one another, progresses into larger and larger shit, it's a garanteed clusterfuck and there's no autistic "let's hide in maintenance slicing wrists for 15 minutes before stun-talisman'ing someone and then calling golems non-stop for 15 minutes"

if you make anything snow bally based you'll only get two modes for it, really hard or pretty shitty

Ideas for spells and rituals on the cultists are pretty simple for now:
You need a rune nearby, and someone on top of that rune. Sacrifice deals the damage of your current equipped weapon repeadtedly (technically you're stabbing him) and gives you points when he dies.
Cultists start at lvl 0 and need 3 points to reach lvl 1.
lvl 1 Spell: invoke weapon
They hold an item, cast the spell and it is converted into the weapon. I'd like variety hear, but for now metal rod -> sacrificial dagger (force 20) is enough I think.
They also get a ritual. Rituals aren't the same as cultists. They're things you cast and it spawns a structure with a continous effect around them (in addition to the madness aura that I already posted about).
This structure can then be attacked with an additional item to upgrade it.
lvl 1 ritual: combine a piece of meat on top of a rune to create a Malign Heart. This will slowly heal cultists in a large range (20 tiles) around it and non-cultists (very low damage though).
Upgrade: hit it with a seringe. It will gain a small chance of injecting 1 or 2 units of toxins in non-cultists and 1 or 2 u ofdrugs (like meth and crack) on cultists.
With another 5 points, they'd reach lvl 2:
lvl 2 spell: Hemorrage
Everyone in sight begins bleeding. For every cast, every pool of blood in sight is consumed to heal 1 point of damage to the cultist.
Cast it, shuffle around, recast to heal. You'll still be bleeding though. Very messy.
Level 2 Ritual: Combine a candle/igniter on top of a rune to create an Hellpyre. This will create small pockets of fire around it every few seconds with a small chance (10%) to directly target crewmembers.
Upgrade it with a plasma sheet: it will slowly spew plasma. In theory, it will burn it up quickly and simply raise the temperature of the area, but there's a chance it can actually gather a lot of plasma before igniting it.

with 7 more points (totalling at 15) you reach level 3.
Lvl 3 Spell: the cultist can summon small critters (thematically dependant from the Great Old one) from several things. If we went with spiders:
You get the idea. We can diverisfy the summons more than this, but the idea is for cultists to go around flooding the ship with critters that the crew can fight back against.
Lvl 3 ritual: Void Pillar. In a range of 10 tiles, non-crewmembers have a small chance of being teleported around a few tiles. It also starts unraveling the station even more. This pillars MASSIVELY accelarte the coming of the Old One and if there's at least one standing when he arrives, he'll arrive at the top of one.

At lvl 3, since it's the end, I'd also have cultists perform something when they die. They all accellarate the coming of the Great Old one when they die (so you can die and still be usefull) in addition to things like blowing up, infecting everyone in sight with 7 virus or shit like that. Essentially a "I'm taking you with me!" thing.

About the sacrifice: sacrificing a human gives you 3 points, monkey and animals 1.
You can also sacrifice yourself. You'll give 3 points for every level you already earned to ALL cultists onboard (plus the 3 points for the normal sacrifice) and massively accelerate the coming of the Old One. This however is visible to crewmembers who will hear a "chilling wail that reverberates across the folds of space and time".

Snowballing isn't inherently bad. If one side starts winning, a game should do two things:
The key here is that comebacks need to be actual comebacks, not stalling.
Example of two comebacks:

3 cultists who can't sacrifice for shit.
One dies, and the others' recover the body. One sacrifices him, then sacrifices himself and the other guy earns a total of 6 points. All needs is a monkey and he can now Hemorrage people around and further win fights he'd lose before.

Or: 4 cultists and two non-cultists
non-cultists are backed into a corner, hiding but they saw one of the void pillars
they get a signal emitter, an igniter and welder tank. They craft an explosive trap, drag it to the pillar.
The Great old one comes and boom, you turned the game around (cultists lose all their powers and slowly die with no Great Old one).

I don't see rounds like these lasting more than 15 to 20 minutes and you only need about 10 players for it to be fun.

Oh right, the "sac myself to boost fellow cultists" is there for a reason:
The main fault with cult right now is that cooperation is MANDATORY.
Instead, it should simply boost the cult.
With this mechanic, a player can raise himself to lvl 3 (needs to sac 5 people) then sac himself and that will net 15 points to every other cultist. So a sort of "High Priest" that self-gibs himself to make 3 to 5 other cultists into murder machines in one go.

I like it.
Making a traitor round based on people willing to become traitors or not.
So the strong willed can actually pat themselves on the back for not becoming crazed homicidal traitors.

it is a team based game, it is a cooperation based game. this is not the issue with cult, the issue is that you snow ball or you don't, there is no in between and the meta is stagnate just like it is for everything else combat based because combat is the worst aspect of the game

Can't deny that. There's little we can do about it though.
Well… in all my years of SS13 and the many cult rounds that I played, I don't think Cult actually snowballs. Revolution can snowball. It's the core feature afterall. Gangs can snowball against each other.
But the cult rounds I've played basicaly go 3 ways:
We've all seen clowns being arrested with a Cult tome in the backpack. This pretty much dooms the cult straight away.
It's only hard if the objective is to escape. Summning Nar'sie is actually easier. You start with 4 cultists. You only need two stun talismans to get 6. It's easy enough to atract the sacrificial target someplace, sacrificing him and immedietely summon Nar'Sie before the crew can react. Otherwise, sneaky cult just stun-paper's the sac target and the needed ammount of cultists. Then it's a matter of releasing the singularity or fucking up something else to call the shuttle. Even simply waiting will eventually get you the shuttle and an easy win.
This is the more usual variation that I've seen, especially because it happens 50% of the times when the first occurs. 3 cultists are found, de-converted and join the crew. The cult-communication doesn't reveal names precisely to avoid those 3 denouncing the 4th.
The 4th guy can then research, and use runes to summon ghosts + armor&sword to slowly kill all the crew. Or shells and constructs.
This might be considered "snowballing" but personally, it's slow enough to give the crew time to react. Unless the cultist is MAXIMUM SHITTER POWERGAYMEN and just sits in the asteroid making shells and shells and shells and shells and Bam, 8 Juggernauts invade the station. That's not even snowballing, it's just plain boring.

I envisioned this gamemode to be a lot more free form. Cultists can join and be stroner together or they can do their own thing.
You won't get cultists "throwing the towel" because they don't like the mode since it's optional. And even if your fellow cultists are retarded, they still help somewhat by causing chaos around the station.

This is a new take on cult and might revitalize the meta around it somewhat, mainly because it doesn't use any of the previous mechanics.

Traitor or changeling? Thanks security!
New Blob or redone space vines? Thanks botany!
Nasty virus gamemode? Good thing medbay is there
Etc

that's how it is on paper but really not really

isn't that just setting your options though?

Eh, settings need to be changed. Most players forget about it, or never touch it after setting it once.
This is a bit more dynamic. If you feel like going cultist, sure, click Yes and doom your soul.
If you feel like kicking tator ass, just say no.
The best part: cultists can click yes and then join non-cultist with a "How do you do, fellow employees?"

that isn't so much the issue is people not liking everything that happens to them because they play the game as a game and not for what it is which is to rp

ANNIE IS A SLUT.
S L U T

Okay faggots, Public is on for the weekend. I've been compiling the new update which has nothing but fixes so please be a little bit more patient. I will post again once the server is up.

just hurry tho

The server is up you impatient cuckold.

I came up with the cell idea and even I think this works way better

benis

How long does a compile take on your beefy rig?
Also how often do you compile? Whenever? Weekly?

I shouldn't have to tell you why is this a bad idea.

What i'm seeing?

You have no idea what you have unleashed

As a general rule of thumb, if you say something like "I shouldn't have to explain this" then it means you probably have to.

That's different though innit?
The whole context is different.
In one you get the chance to become traitor in general, in the other you can choose to go cultist or not based on how you feel during the round.

The setting option doesn't give you a choice, it's more of a possibility beyond your control, what the other user suggested is you yourself going "Mhn today I want to wreck the station" or "I think I will robust some faggots today with nothing but my limp dick as a weapon".

I usually compile every time we change from private to public.
It doesn't take long, its the file replacing that does.

Some faggot from /hgg/ wanted to make this for ss13.

basically meta grudging I'd think

well with the numbers on the server we get you're pretty much guaranteed antag if you want it but quite honestly I don't think this gives you a choice since like cult, even if you don't want to join, you'll still be robusted and converted or killed and them shaded

Now I'm not calling you a liar, but "we hunger" isn't in the fucking codebase anywhere. I don't know how it was making emotes

it happened with alot zombie spores from a very large blob, like the whole station kinda blob

Well sure, but I can do a notepad++ find in files, and across the whole codebase, there's only 40 hits, and it's all code, except for like 3 words for fluff

I've no idea tbh

Its a blob power to broadcast things from your minions. I was the blob in your screenshot. Proof in pic, it was like a week or so ago. I think when most of you were building a tism fort on the asteroid.

What happened was I was made blob mid-round, so no matter how much I consumed I couldn't trigger a victory. Me and the blob-bro I split with covered just about everything. So when I did blob broadcast you heard them all as a ghost. No spam intended. Just taunting.

No fucking wonder, alright good. That's a step in the right direction.

Okay so basically, the blob power lets you force all your minions to say a thing.

Ghosts are allowed to observe and hear and see everything by default. Blobs tend to have a lot of minions, so the spam is essentially "working as intended". It does lag the server, though.

Alright I think the solution here is to just make it pretend that the node spore says something; instead, if you're a ghost, OR within eyesight of a spore, you'll get one message

wew

fix'in, niceo

I miscoded something else, and when I made 60 blob spores to test this and killed them all, I got 2000+ admin notifs and crashed my client, wew

WEW

Good afternoon niggers, I'm going to shill to you my cultist gods idea I have been ideafagging to both fellow admins and players on the server.
The first god is a primitive wargod who is focused on hunting and killing mobs, beasts and robots meanwhile trying to turn the station into a primitive state.
>The original cultists will spawn in with a weapon like a dagger, which counts all of their kills.
The other god I will be shilling to you is a station focused god, who priotizes station building, converting, and spreading their noxious gas no erp.
>The cultists would have to spawn in a master controller, or a node, which will have the ability to convert tiles, walls, doors and machinery nave the ability to spread their noxious gas which converts crewmembers so basically blob but cult. The other cultists will have to priotize on defending the node, while strengthening their current hideout/base.
Asking for criticism and other ideas regarding these two gods, thanks.

PFFTBRT

I hate you.

haha

Thanks for the new moves, man.

like I told you before, think of your lore first and then work on mechanics based off of that

and also eternal darkness > 40k

chaos fuck off gameplay is important i can think up lore just like that watch me cunt you fucking nigger cunt

HOW DO WE FIX THE BLOB?

Looking for any sort of ideas or changes. I'm trying to work out new node types to see if those are possible. An air filtering blob, to choke the crew for example, might be interesting.

as it stands it just gets to a certain size and the that's it game over, how it would be better if there was a time limit which if the blob is still alive by then it'd actually release spores and then die. the crew would have a change to destroy these spores and depending on how many escaped is how successful the blob is.

What if it worked like gang rounds, where you produce a number of "spore towers", and the more you have, the faster your timer to win? Having more players at roundstart could reduce the amount of time needed to win, as well.

Another idea is to build "research nodes" which give you points to spend to unlock abilities and upgrade yourself.

spore towers is a nice idea but research nodes seems abit silly since this is all supposed to be organic and natural after all

Consider: blobs are a living organism, like a bacteria or a cell. The "research" would be more akin to evolution or mutation

the other issue is you're just replacing resources with research then

what if instead of just passively producing resources, you have to consume to produce resources. so basically like the morph, only you have to place down "stomach" nodes to "digest" objects into resources over time

You'd use resource nodes to get building points, and research nodes to unlock things to build.

This way you could have like 3 levels of blob, which gives you tiers of things, or individual powers, sort of like Zerg from Starcraft.

Another idea could be a mommi-like creature that runs only on blob territory and does stuff?

It basically does that now. Resource nodes only really do well if beside a generic node; this makes the two go together. One generates points, the other spreads goop and attacks the station. It's basically an abstraction.

upvoted

tbh I kinda like that idea

first level is everything it can do already + research node

second level, moving node(allows x around it to move slowly towards a direction), whip node(which do a ranged attack not very often), slug node(which produces a support unit which is slow and spreads a kinda glue on the floor and finally a reflector node(it reflects lasers).

third level is jellyfish node(spawns a single large jellyfish, which acts like a moving faster whip node), breeding node(adds more seed spores to release), blob men node(spawns a player controlled humanoid creature), wing node(throws seed spores further)

you could have a side creature which eats the blob and does something

it being basic is kinda the issue

smh tbh

Wish that faggot good luck with that because:
1. Most are disgusted about any lewd mechanics.
2. About 20% are vrfags and they not interested in something else other than vr.
3. A few servers allow ERP (why not call it Typefucking?) but will not allow lewd mechanics to take place because they also HRP master race dramafags (that only need long ass, correctly structured emote or speech and "mechanics" going to ruin absolutely everything about their "drama" writing).
4. Even if somebody will host it, they just going to make it ERP exclusive server (aka No antags, no random events and etc. Basically ruining most of spessmen experience).

Have to echo the need for some form of crawling node. Something that lets you expand one way while watching another. You can't always guarantee a second blob will be there to help.

Kickshaw Node
For 80 resources spawn a node that will move one block away from the core every time it is pulsed. Every move takes 10 resources.

That way it is quite an investment. Or it could be you spend 20/30 to convert a current node like one does with blobbernauts. Can be reformed into regular node at no cost.

Porous Factory
A factory of miniscule spores. These spores are far more numerous, but can not convert corpses to zombies. They form a swarm that can choke, and mildly apply their reagent. Upon death they have the same aerosol potency as the larger spores.

Blob Girl
A wandering mob that simply says 'ara ara~ and glomps nearby persons to suffocation. To catch stupid perverts and no other reason. 100 points for this abomination, no other function.''

You are doing it wrong. Those nodes are kinda cool, but they don't solve the base issue. The base issue is balancing the blob as a gamemode.
As of right now blob is bad because it snowballs way too fast. It is also bad because if it does not snowball it will be easy to beat. Adding more nodes without balancing what we have right now will only make things worse. Blob is also hard to balance because it heavily depends on knowledge of the crew. No matter how big blob is, it is very easily destroyed by x-ray guns. But without x-ray guns even with emitters it is very hard to stop it. So first you have to run several rounds with decent population to get an idea how it goes with current system (and players won't like it). Then we should balance it based on observation. And only then you can try adding your nodes.

Also I think nutg had a very good idea with various blob types and player-controlled juggernauts, but they still did not balance it to prevent snowballing.

How about three 'macro structures', kind if like chemical roulette. Refractory, coiled, bubbled. Choosing one means you get no chemical roulette.
Refractory is physically fragile, moderate against fire, nearly immune to energy weapons.
Coiled is physically strong, weak to fire, moderate against energy weapons.
Bubbled is nearly immune to fire, moderate to physical, weak to energy weapons.

It really depends on how good or bad resistances are. Kinda good idea, but depends heavily on implementation. Coil sounds better then other two options because fire is very dangerous both for crew and blob, unlike lasers and physical force.

The current blob mechanics already are in the "Coiled" state except it's not weak to flamethrowers (which, by the way, is a really good thing because otherwise you'd be encountering even MORE cases of friendly fire and atmosruin). The only thing that damages the blob significantly is burn damage, aka welding tools and lasers, which is why emitters and eguns are used rather than shotguns and rifles.

It makes no sense for energy weapons to not damage something that is weak to fire, or for something that's strong against heat to be weak against lasers which are just light/plasma bolts being directed at superhigh temperatures towards a focused location.

The problem with blob is that it's like an RTS game. The first one to kick the other in the balls wins the game, otherwise the one with the most resources and manpower is the one who wins if production (cargo+medical, resource+nodes) is equal or something close to that. At lowpop (10, blob is intended originally for 20+), the crew is at an insane disadvantage because the blob is supposed to be attacked from nearly all fronts once found by virtually anyone standing near it. You don't have enough resources as the crew in either manpower or firepower to deal with it if it decides to expand due to this lack of aggression.

A good way to balance this would be to reduce the rate at which it can grow, increase the cost of Nodes and Resource blobs, make it a requirement to make Storage blobs to be able to Split but make DEFENSIVE blobs cheaper, like factory, strong/wall and the like. Moving itself should also be more costly BUT attacking someone adyacent to itself should be cheaper in terms of resources. More defensive options like the afromentioned whip node or the minispores that are cheap to put down but are weak to attack and must be placed in precarious locations unlike the standard Factory would be good.

So make it more tower defense instead of Zerg rush.

You MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be interested in new goon-style blobs. They have some odd interactions with materials and chemicals which seem like grief bait to me but come closer to tower defense than zerg rushing.

Why not make evolving resistances require a decent chunk of resources, and commitment? That way you can stay small and strong or wide and resourceful, but weak to emitters

SS13 IS SHIT AND MADE FOR AUTISTS BY AUTISTS

IF ANY OF YOU FUCKER HAD ANY BUSINESS SENSE YOU COULD HAVE MADE MAD CASH BY MAKING THIS THE SEQUEL TO TROUBLE IN TERRORIST TOWN

BUT INSTEAD YOU JUST STAY AS POOR NEETS

not an argument

OH HAHA VERY FUNNY WITH YOUR VERY FUNNY PEBER MOLYDEUX BULLSHIT 'HAHA NOT AN AREGUBBENT XDXDXD' BULLSHIT VERY CREATIVE GO SUCK THE THAI LADYBOY ANAL JUICES OFF OF MOLYPUCE'S DICK YOU INGRATE

Being successful hurts

Please stop

Yes because that panned out very well last time

How can one miss the charm that attracts players this hard?
Where is the comfy?
Where are the finger-puppet proportions, with all the slapstick that follows?
What did they think the game was about?

Absolutely sterile.

Yeah, you're right. I'll stop.

Plus the low resolution makes it much easier to impliment new features as spriting takes a fraction of the time so coding can take priority, while still looking great if done right.

This.

It works because of imagination. The sprites are shitty enough that they can be mass produced, yet detailed enough that can give you an idea what is happening. That's all you need.

High detail ruins the charm, and makes making content just too difficult

Putting out a bounty on collections of research documents and text filled books. If I haven't got them in the external archive yet, I will go through the trouble of formatting a short story or smut or even a short tune. I'm on most nights from ten thirty to three. For instance I know an away mission that has a ton of research on xenomorph stages, and a detective book.

If you go to the trouble of writing a department guide, and it's good, you get two. Chaplain guy? Tell me what you want in the library.

I could write up a quick guide to chemistry, I think.

Should it have all the recipes, or just some, or some recipes missing a reagent (eg, smugdged/redacted text)?

All, preferably. It's kind of retarded to obscure recipes like they're some ultra-sekrit deal when you can find them with a five minute, max, google search or comparing wikis.

Up to you. What you would think someone would appreciate if they wanted to learn, a cheat sheet, or an in depth set of procedures, whatever works.
The wiki only goes so far, and some info is dispersed between pages or for different/older code.

Like I saw a chemical cocktail once that dropped a guy dead and unrecoverable in ten seconds. That is some potent stuff. A big anarchist's cookbook, from super deathnettles to welderbombs would be wonderful contraband. A chemistry guide for all the quirks and steps to getting the right proportions, the 'usual' locations to get supplies from, departments that have items of interest you can ask, etc. That's the tacit knowledge of experience.

Like if chef made a 'to Serve Man' book, I'd hope it give some approximates for the average intake of food per person. Or barkeep have the recipe to illicit drinks and instant sobriety cocktails, maybe a short list of tunes good for drinking. That sort of stuff.

Which gives me an idea. Librarian and department heads have access to restricted books, otherwise you have to emag the console. This includes W'sGW and hacking guide.

That's in the wiki so its dumb.

Immersion user. Woody's got wood is on the wiki too. Songs are on youtube or played as midi so why have instruments.

Wew

Make blob zombies controllable by players so the round isn't boring as fuck, then make them weaker for balance.

You know, emagging the library PC for codespeak books might be interesting.

Get on niggas.
Party Zombie blasting out some sick memes.

Right now, slime reactions are dependent on a specific container being present (in this case, the slime core). It could be changed so that they instead produce 5u of a slime goo that does the same reaction, and not synthable, but this would make managing slimes more portable and easier, since it would then behave like other chemicals

so we need counter blob shit for the crew, I figured as much but actually the issue is more a pop problem then actual items since if there's only afew people who fight the blob with nothing but welders and hatchets no shit you're not going to make a dent

with grey tide? I'd like more kinda computer viruses to inject machines with tbh

think slimes are fine as they are tbh well actually I think the ability to produce a living grey slime from 2 slime corpses would be nice, I'd like some slime alternatives but that's another thing entirely

Scratch the music bit, by jove there are a lot of hoops to jump through to even get the programs for it. I don't know shit about python, so running it is lengthy time investment in itself.

No, the brand intelligence.
It's a great way to cause a distraction and pull crew and isolate them.

And of course, it could be a physical switchboard you leave on the machine itself, so they can find evidence, because no traitor item is perfect

the brand intelligence is called grey tide

There's a handy tool (and source code) included in the files with the source code for the server, called midi2piano, that shits out a compatible midi file into SS13 format.

dropbox.com/s/gr6r8a8pvfkzkdn/midi2piano.zip?dl=0

Oh, well there you go.

"Gr3y.T1d3"

It isn't. You're thinking of the random "virus" event GR3YT1D3 that bolts open all of security for literally no reason other than to allow shitters a way to easily escape if there's no AI on board or if it's slow at closing the airlocks.

You're talking about the Rampant Consumer-Brand Intelligence event that has one vendor machine start behaving as if it was hacked. If it continues being hacked and untouched for x amount of seconds, it affects another random vending machine on the station and if enough of them are affected, it makes all the vending machine start rampaging and killing people.

you must be thinking of a different code base

oh wait no you're right I'm retarded

It's THIS (cheese pizza, formely pizzastation) codebase, triple nigger. Sure you aren't thinking of nuTG changes?

I'm thinking of something gay probably tbh

(922, 1844, 3688, 0)

Who remembers their high school chemistry? I sure fucking don't

(5306, 10612, 21224, 0)

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

So. As a rule.
Don't ever do anything important and time consuming for RP points if there are pubbies about.
This I have learned.

Also, a big enough bomb will disable lighting and disposal systems for the whole server. Fucking mental

Jesus what the fuck happened?

Also door bolt cyclers stop working

just what the fuck else

From what I gathered of OOC it literally vaporized the Z-level it went off in. Turned stuff to sand.

Wew no thanks, the guy who is partly responsible for the last 3 SS13 servers has finally sucked enough dick to get somewhere?
Nope.

the first bomb was on the asteroid which was (922, 1844, 3688, 0) with little explosions going off with gibanite so those are that what sent sand to the station

the second bomb was at the abanded teleport hub which was (5306, 10612, 21224, 0), this was the one which fucked everything up it seems but what's weird is it didn't lag really hard infact it was quite quick

Wew tho

Learn what these terms mean before you use them.

Either way you're still a fag.

I never said I dislike SS13 I have a problem with the person running the serb or in an admin position.
Especially since he purposely ruined rounds and did his damnedest to ruin the last SS13 community because they wouldn't add in his spider sprites.

So I'm guessing your either his 12 year old buddies or the community dick riders who suck of the administration so they look the other way when you break rules?

Oh wait a (1) yep its chaos your god with a proxy, which he used to play antag regardless of being antag to kill the last serb, and the one before it.

Fuck off faggot. You fucking squeaker, I remember when you got on mic and fucking cried to be unbanned.

Wait, wait. I'm not exactly an oldfag, but am I missing something here? You guys had a VoIP at some point? Why? That's pretty gay.

No he begged the server owner to let him back, asking him to talk to him.
After the serb owner heared him fucking crying to be unbanned he uploaded the recorded chat in the thread.
Which resulted in this faggot to be clowned, causing him to sperg out and fuck up every game.

Chaosyourgod doesn't care or understand how SS13 works, he is the pinnacle of cancer, and I've been pointing this out year(s?) before he was banned.

How would you fix the reagent/chemistry/recipe system? Right now it's just "throw shit in a beaker, lol" and sometimes heat is involved.

Any changes or feedback to improving this system is welcome

All this shit stirring, this is why I stay off Holla Forums. It's not healthy to hate things for hate's own sake. That ire should be reserved for people and places that need it, deserve it, make things better by receiving it.
Just. Chill. Have a glass of cool beverage. Eat a nice sandwich. Watch Sword Art Online; Abridged. It's the best anime of the year as far as I can tell, especially in comparison to the source material.

So you're from the metaclub, Hello friend! say hello to the metaclub on riot for me, thank you. I do have a question, generally your posts are usually (1) with only a complaint towards spidernigger, Did something happen?
You should be happy to know that once there is an actual adminteam, spiderfag will be leaving.
Also, please be considerate towards the rest of this shit board, and sage when you bring up drama. Thanks.

Checked, and do you happen to have that recording? Can't find anything on the archive and I need a laugh.

It's fine as it is. Changes to the system would be completely unneeded nor necessary, you're trying to change shit just to change shit.

What is going on, I feel like I'm in a bizzarro land populated by reddit.

My problems with spiderfag is that he purposely ruined rounds.
He sperged out out because his OC wasn't added.
Why is this just floating over your fucking head? If I was a regular player who heard about this shit I would immediately be inquiring trying to figure out what's going on.

However so far several posts have been people trying to downplay the issue, despite this very issue being why Hippie and others are considered shit.

I wish I believe this was 1-2 years ago, look for a link in the drama spider thread, you should see a link to a mega or dropbox with the audio file, if its still being uploaded, dl it and upload it here.

unless you make it how actual chemistry is which is pretty much next to impossible to do, not impossible because we've already got atomic system in of sorts but we don't want massive of lags with just doing simple recipes though

I know that we should only add making shit harder if it also adds functionality too

just don't reply to obvious bait tbh

You know, there's been many people in the past threads for this server who've had an immediate knee-jerk reaction to your name, and now I've been told that you're underage. Your behavior, especially now, sure doesn't do anything to dissuade that opinion.

Post it then

it's abit hard to actually sort it all out, I do know that if I give more of what happened out willy nilly mr baiter will use it some how by twisting it. I understand that there is legitimate complaints against me but I can't really do much about that other then try to do better for the future in how I treat our server and apologize to the people I wronged. if you could tell me any other thing else I can really do please let me know, I can't fix problems if I don't know about them after all.

How about this.
I can basically give you a run down of whats happening on the serb without every playing on this one.

I want to hear what the faggot has a problem with you, as I want to hear how your faggotry has evolved.
If you've honestly grown up you fucking child, as I imagine you are over 18 now, and make steps to rectify problems I will go away.
If not, I will fuck things up so much you will view your previous shitting of the serb as the work of a child which is apt given your age at the time.

Tbh I've never seen you go full retard.
Annoying cunt, perhaps, but for the benefit of the server.

Spiderfag does it again.

Anywho:
facebook.com/chaosyourgod
twitter.com/chaosyourgod (Tweets are literally "pls grill y u blok me??? :(" )
And here's Spider paying $1000 for some autistic spidermech that was difficult for them to implement without snowflaking everything, then crying despite being told for 2 years that his idea was near impossible to implement:
forums.uberent.com/threads/refund-2-years-of-hassle-and-incompentance.64342/

Sage for drama, tbh.

wew

You're wasting my time and you're killing all excitement I had for the so-called voice clip.
I have a neutral stance on the spiderfaggot because I frankly could not care less about the drama surrounding him, If he was more of a problem to the server, I would leave.
I will tell you what I have told others who have openly stated their opinion towards both the server and spidernigger. If you do not like it, make your own.
Also mentioning you're from the metaclub while trying to stir up drama is generally not a good idea, since the metaclub is a re-incarnation of somethingawful, reddit and cancer

Please do not actually do this.

You keep on adding things that I've never said.
The audioclip isn't something I'm going to dig up provided it stills being uploaded 2 years later on dropbox.

You also address Chaosyourgods social sites proving his faggotry, but don't extrapolate nearly as much as you do with my posts.

I am just a random faggot's who's posts can easily be ignored and my hypothetical damage to the game is minimum.
When you hear that the moderator is a faggot, has someone go through the trouble to find his social, and other come forward announcing his faggotry you brush it off.

I'm the fucking weeds growing between the bricks.
Chaosyourgod is the gas leak present in your house, that everyone smells as they smell the sulphur that's used as a warning sign.
You ignore the imminent danger and death instead to bring your husband over to bitch about the weeds in the brick, as your adopted african child is burned to cinders.

Halfway through this comment I lost where I was going but I hoped I relayed my feelings that you're just as much a faggot as Chaos.
Provided I even gave him a chance to respond to tell me how he is changing things for the better, which he has failed to provide.

Someone else on earth reads "Tough".

Yes, we know chaosyourgod is a faggot. This is undeniable truth. Theres a reason why I usually deal with the server and the situations that have been caused, but constant shitflinging isn't going to fix anything. by posting that chaos is a problem but not providing anything that is current and instead relying on his clearly faggot past is quite a waste. Why should I remove him? because he had a fucking sook to gitgud about muh spidershit? Because he affects the server in such a negative way that you refuse to play on it? and yet you dictate that its a steaming pile of shit because of the fact that he pays for the server?
I should also mention that I assumed that you were from the metaclub because I thought you were there on the day that chaos cried like a little girl, which, by the way, I'm still waiting for.
also dig it up you lazy cunt come on i don't have all fucking day
come on you stupid nigger
unless it doesn't actually exist :^)
if it was bait good work you got me friend

Let's have a look at what kind of pornography our favourite admin Chris enjoys:
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/320560
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/305179
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/352304
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://rule34-beta.paheal.net/comment?page=170852
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://rule34-beta.paheal.net/comment?page=134112

Oh, and forgot his Ask.fm that he shills everywhere along with his steam account:
ask.fm/Wolfspider
Also, his Discord handle is Wolfspider#8471

This is what you get for letting an autistic attentionwhore obsessed with arachnids anywhere near the server.

Oh I get it your the other the other piece of the puzzle, at least your defense of him makes sense you feel responsible, and like most people.

I only had to guess people were pissed off with the current adminstration because I saw Chaosyourgod in the OP message.

Seeing as you and him are now having everything you've fucking done online revealed, I would say others dislike your running of things as well.

jesus christ please spoil that
Oh also, we do have a discord group if you wish to talk to spiderfag. discord.gg/DCWtDJf

oh no user please don't dox me!
Still waiting on the voice clip, fellow metaclub friend!

You got someone showing that Choasyourgod jerks it to scat and gay elephant beastality and you're still begging for the audio clip which at this point wouldn't prove anymore that he is a faggot more then what has been shown.

You're doing the typical faggot defense where you ask for screencaps, and when given that ask for video, and when given that asks for archives and when given that screams photoshop or proxies are something else.

You're focusing on one thing 2 years ago knowing its a pain in the ass to get, so you can somehow damage control and save your sinking serb.

What does this have to do with SS13?

this tbh

This is imageboard in its pride but its great to see the same reddit/authoritan dick riders come out of the woodwork to defend the same actions which has Hippie station condemned.
Which is the entire reason why 8ch has made their own server because of the lack of good ones.
But lets just ignore the admin shittery that happens on those other servers to pretend our is pristine, because some faggots who play ss13 for 2 days then never touch it again want their fix of murderboning.

Why do you faggots even pop up? Oh wait (1) no way this isn't chaosyourgod once again going proxy mode because his scat elephant shota fap material has been exposed.

Nah nah nah, you see, I didn't say "tbh", that's how you can tell I'm not him. Hell, for all I know, you could be d5adf1 on a proxy.

If you have proof of him actually doing shit to destroy a server, please post that, the rest seems to be entirely unrelated ad hom attacks.

5$

Filtered for wasting my time.

Woah friend, whats wrong with hippie station? I heard the female host is great! She's a woman!
Hippiestation wants you back friend, can't you hear it call for you?

Yeah, lets completely ignore the current evidence which has been posted in this very thread.
Where am I again where multiple people can come forward mentioning the admins faggotry? Look up his scat fetish and beastality fetish and still be a "cool dude"

Its so alien I don't know how anyone on here defends it, its as if you are completely biased and blind to the very clear and outlined complaints.
But I'm sure your really doing it from a good place and you're definitely not Chaos himself using a proxy to defend himself as he has gone silent since his twitter and facebook was posted.

You might as well delete the thread, you're not getting anywhere tonight.

Also proxies don't work that way faggot, a IP is dynamic under most service providers, so when you use a proxy to make a new ID when you switch it off you IP resets causing a brand new proxy.
But shit, so far in this thread I've seen the faggitos who've defended Choasyourgod,

You don't even know the proper term for calling out hotpockets or goons.
Fucking A thanks for proving my point.

Ah the block button of the think skinned, why even respond back if you're going to ignore all responses, I get the feeling you will still respond back despite being "filtered"

Evidence of what you're just being a fag

If you don't understand why what you're doing here is really gay then there's no helping you

I don't like being able to examine a beaker from 30 feet away and magically knowing what's inside of it.

Consider: chemistry headset or hand scanner that identifies reagents as before, otherwise you can do a spectroscopy test to guess/verify it manually.

What are you even talking about faggot, use your words.
The admin and server owner is one of the most important things in SS13, its why we've had nothing but stop and go SS13 servers since the start of SS13 communities.

Its always fucking like this, partly because everyone looks the otherway when faggotry and poor admins are amok.
Then it boils to ahead, people get upset and the community splits until 6 months later another server pops up.

When I saw the thread I was excited to play, then I saw the faggot who is responsible for faggotry for the last 3 servers was in charge I knew it was over before it began.

What you're defending is the same shit Hippie gets defended for, and what every shitty ran server gets defended for.
It becomes a clique closer to a cult as the admin only keeps those who are sycophants to him around.

If you can't understand what I'm saying and rationally respond to it other then.
Then you're not making a fucking single defense.
Proof has been provided of faggotry, if you can't defend or even address it then you are among the same faggots you address.

Amazing how the fact the admin is underage, has cringey facebook and twitter, bordering on reddit territory and faps to scat porn is still not being brought up by anyone who defends him I'm seeing you can't defend it so you will not address it.

Here's the jist of it. You're really salty and butthurt about something that doesn't really matter. I bet you hate gitgud too and wouldn't go to any server he made no matter how good it was because of your petty personal vendetta. Here's the reality of it, not everyone shares your point of view. What a fucking concept.

Headset might work, but you would probably have to add that functionality to med visor as well. Would suck to have to pull out a scanner just to tell if you're putting the right thing into a crit patient who's seconds away from death

it's kinda important that you can examine since every action is pretty fast so knowing that you're going to get splashed with acid or water is important

on second thought this could work

What did he mean by this?

Paradise has you only able to examine to check total volume of a container. To examine liquids you need purple mesons called Science Goggles, which can also check Tech levels in objects.

In that situation, you'd run.

Just give all medical crew medical glasses on roundstart. Making it into a headset might be a little off.

Explain how an admin or moderator being an underage attention whore who faps to scat an purposely destroyed the last two communities doesn't matter.
Well gitgud was another faggot that was banned by the server owner and split the community.
However I don't know the details so I can't tell you who was the true faggot gitgud or the serb owner at the time.

This guy gets it.

It doesn't matter tho fam. Explaining anything to you would be a waste of time. You've made it clear your mind is already made just by going out of your way to make a personal attack. You're a small person concerned about small things. I'm going to play spessman instead of not playing spessman and cry about the latest person you don't like being in some higher position than myself.

yeah maybe tbh

like sec hud? I wonder how that'd go

You don't want to replace the actual medical part of it, but making it able to see certain chemicals might be good. Or you could just put it in the chemical dispenser and see anyway

right I get ya, I'll add it to the list if people are fine with not being able to see chems in beakers from a distance

You're not even using sense.
Its not a personal attack, someone who is in a position of power in a server who has purposelessly fucked up other games, is underage and faps to scat DOES MATTER.

^This has been the only rebuke going on so far by a bunch of (1)s.

You are going to play for a week, then again the community will drop off. Meanwhile Project reality, dom4 and others have consistent communities.

But why am I even arguing, your either Chaosyourgod, or the admin who was defending his ERP slave.

I'm saving the screencaps of his profile, I'm sure you will have a great time explaining to people who aren't yourself how a scat shota beastality fapper and known attention whore isn't a problem as a moderator.

Reminder,
server is shit
admins are shit
playerbase is mostly comprised of all the old niggers who broke apart the previous servers community with divide and conquer tactics as well as metagaming because they are literally autistic niggers that cant understand why certain behavior makes people hate them.

And thats perfectly fine. Youre a medbay staff with tools and resources you need.

A bartender? His machine wouldnt do that anymore. Greytide would need to remember their mixes they do in maintenance too. It would be harder for non med staff to abuse chems, somewhat.

More excitingly, itd be harder to tell if someone spiked a drink, or if you can really trust that cigarette

okay fam maybe you can find someplace more interested in those screencaps than here

Why would screencaps of a admin be anymore relevant then SS13 threads?
Are you starting to see why I'm saying you're just saying words to deflect then actually making a statement or argument?

#autismspeaks

Honestly I don't like bullying a child, mentally or physically but some idiot placed him as a fucking moderator, and the child is on a imageboard not for underage (even though they are still here)

das mah best friend u talkin bout monica chill
t. dmx

repost that shit on a dead board

> github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/29874

tbh

the fuck is this?

WHAT
A
SURPRISE
THIS LITERALLY NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE ON A Holla Forums SERVER

Suggestion: why don't you clods move to OneyG's server Fulpstation?
It's basically /tg/ but the rules are as lax as they come, just don't be a cunt and don't destroy the station as a non-antag and you're set.
Hell, if someone is a shitter you're even allowed to lynch them.
They do have the yogstation's rule set up but they never really enforce them strictly also the admins are fairly cool and never hop in to cause chaos.

Only downside is that the playerbase is dead.

at least post the IP.

doubt tbh

I remember when his video regarding SS13 was first posted here shortly after it was uploaded.
People were largely concerned with the game being hit by a new wave of cancer.

What could go wrong?

Did he really try to go back to stealthily hacking airlocks in maintenance after killing "half of medbay"

he's the very embodiment of pubbie cancer with everything he did in that video

It sounded alright at first, but I can see why it's a dead server now.

check it out anyways tbh, you never know

There was a bug that affected every codebase in which you could activate any command you wished with full Host+ permissions just by typing it down on a piece of paper and reading the paper.

You could literally crash the entire server by dropping a bunch of fliers around the station, or give yourself tator (or give it to someone else to get them banned for abusing the bug).

I think it's still a thing since we did have issues with someone crashing the server with no survivors

The problem is that someone is linking to 8ch on fucking TG.

That's endorsed behavior :^).

For an image like that they didn't need to use Holla Forums at all; they did it deliberately. They know what they did.

Alkenes, alkanes, Aldehydes and Ketones, Oxidisers and Reducing agents, the Tri-Iodo Methane reaction… I spent so long learning all those things, and I can feel them slipping away each day.

Maybe it didn't lag because it crashed some subsystems or something? So instead of the server waiting for them to finish their calculations, they just shut off and it went on without them?

practice them everyday, if you don't reinforce your mind you'll loose it, just like any muscle

can the server still operate with subsystems that crash?

More likely that were wasn't large-scale power or atmos to calculate, only the small aux station and the tiny teleporter, so it just erased turf/objs then went along like nothing happened.

This. Kind of weird that you can tell a drink is spiked at a glance. Maybe the contents go into a hex scale to detetmine a color? That way there is still a pattern to recognize.
Also would give science goggles a proper use. Considering they already do this in other code bases:
"Required to assess the exact composition and quantity of chemical samples. Otherwise, examining a beaker or other reagent container will only provide a rough estimate and description of the mixture. These goggles can be found in chemistry and are also available from the cargo bay."

Probably not, this guy
is probably more right

I'd really be interested in playing but seeing as how these threads are always full of dramafags on full tilt I don't think I have the energy. Has the server been fun so far?

we've had just about everything under the sun so far

Hating admins is part of the experience. You grow to hate them, then undermine them and flaunt/skirt the rules at every opportunity.
It's not spessmen without drama, tbh.

Fulpstation.
It's on the list.

If you're traitor you're free to destroy everything.
If you're civilian, you're allowed to lynch shitters.

sounds awful tbh

You sound awful.

thank you

You forgot,

well bud, if you obsess about chaos, then why don't you marry him already?

Yeah because the admin being shit, which has led to the death of every SS13 serb since 2014 is not at all related to the game.
You must be doing some extreme cherrypicking ignoring other posts expressing my same grievances.

Its those little things that make you think.
I should also mention that outside of a couple of (1) posts, I have never seen such a public uproar towards the host of the server while the server was active. What happened?

ok buddy I just passed around to put some downboat to trigger an autist.
have a secure day
if your post count is more than (1) then you need medical help,all of you

First serber that died was in 2015, february, when nel quit and pizzastation started.
Pls goon-san continue amusing us.

You've ignored and downplayed everything up to this point.
If you don't see the problem with a Scat fag who cried to be permabanned on the last server, then when he didn't get banned shit up the rounds till he did because his spider OC wasn't used, you're on the same level of people who see Sand Niggers blow up people then claim Islam is the religion of peace.

No it fucking isn't I owned a server in 2014 when the very first exodus happened, which didn't last long as I ended it the minute the server company double charged me.
There's been countless servers over and over again since then.
But please go ahead and tell me about things you weren't around for.

This site is filled to the brim with reddit faggots just parroting terms they don't understand.

ur all gay

t. fagdick

No you're right friend.
I'll contact puppysky right now and make him the host instead.
In all seriousness, we have already established the fact that chaos is an absolute faggot. I trust him with a position of power because he hasn't done anything wrong towards the server yet, and like I have said multiple times, Chaos will leave the admin team once the admin team is properly set up.

Back in my teens I moderated a minecraft server. It was comfy dozen or so average players. There are a certain brand of autists that take social slights as direct personal offense, and thereafter have a need to correct the 'problem'. Balance the scales. These are the people that never understood why tattle taling is discouraged.
This might be one of those cases. Spiderfaggot may have 'sinned' in this sperg's eyes, made it to a shitlist. That we tolerate spider, who appears to be less a faggot than he used to be, is incomprehensible. God knows an accidental ban I did years back forced me to change usernames, fucker wouldn't leave it be and found my forum accounts elsewhere. I suspect even if spiderfaggot goes full Holla Forumsack anti-degeneracy, and starts typing like Shakespeare, that this autismal fucker will continue to drag the name through mud.

In my opinion, tis a grudge. That said jesus christ spuderfag, drop your balls and find meaning in life outside of hedonism. This assault on you, in this thread, is ultimately your fault. Take responsibility and seek penance. Rein in that shit.

Ok so I'm getting pic related when I try to connect to 8 Station. Does it have to use virus explorer to connect or does it use my default browser (chrome). I have Ublock on chrome, and as for firewalls I made an exception for BYOND.
What do?

The server is down while it changes from public to private. It should be up now.

Server is restarting.

As much shit as I give spider fag for fucking up other servers and cross game autism, even I can see hes trying to fix what he fucked up. Don't get me wrong this autist isn't perfect by and stretch of the word but you can tell hes trying to change. I might just be a super fucking autist but I even gave GitGud a last chance which he clearly fucked up I'm willing to give Chaosyourfaggot one more shot and so far outside of a few small things cough banning me when he had a sperg out hes done pretty well to not be a complete shitter. He might push buttons as much as shylos but hes getting better about his timing and what buttons he presses. From what I've seen most of the people here bitching are, A. massive niggers who valid hunt and hate it when people stop them from being a massive nigger, B. old fags who spider has wronged and wont let him try and make up for it, C. that one autist spamming in all caps, or D. overplaying what chaos does for fun I kind of fall in this one along with most of the admin team. If you want to enjoy playing ss13 with oldfags don't let the fact chaos is here stop you he doesn't even play rounds, he just fucking ghosts all the time to actually administrate like a real autist.

also HOLY FUCKING SHIT that porn shit was funny as fuck thank you for finding that

Idea for food: sugars metabolize into carbohydrates and if you're full, those metabolize into the classic fat

Idea came about for trying to think about a new way to manage addictions. I think its be neat if you chased down the effect rather than the reagent itself. That way you can be a more diverse degenerate

You're retarded.
All of these infamous names are infamous for a reason.
Keep repeating the same mistakes over and over though.

You either move on or come and join the shitshow, posting drama shit doesnt help anything

Thinking of damage prevention effects.

Specifically items that might give you an extra buffer of health up to a certain amount, say 10 or 30. Like you'd have a chemical that gives you a shield of 15 damage against toxins, but it wouldn't heal your existing damage.

**This system could be used to make different antag options too, such as a handheld eshield generator that deflects some energy/burn damage while active or a similar force shield for brute for borgs

Could go full Dune on higher ends. Completely negate damage over a certain threshold, but basic punches and stabs and atmos still effect. Lasers, bullets, syringe gun, all do nothing or deflect. A real surprise when shit goes down.

Hilarious

He was saving their dumb asses from welderbomb suicide

That was a hilarious round. I was an HOP, drunk off my ass the entire time, also smoking a stogie. I OD'd on Doctor's Pleasure or something, then later after being revived and cured of my slur, got drunk again, and then was fed a toxic mint. I was cloned, proceeded to get stuck in my office with no ID card for 20 minutes, drunk, of course. Somewhere along the line I got super powers. The traitor was turned into a janitor bot.

Thanks for a great first round anons. I think I'll be playing more of this later.

moluccan cockatoos a QT

It was a pill. I ate all of them. Doctor's Delight was the actual name.

Here, have another.

If I saw you doing that I would have loaded a syringe gun with neurotoxin for your next visit.

top tier cockatoos

They just left all the pills sitting out on a table at the front of medbay.

You made me use half the fucking medbay on you try playing something that isnt a head as your first time, give medbay a shot its easy an relaxing unless you have to deal with someone like you

ROBUST TRICKS RECENTLY REDISCOVERED:

Finished my map.
github.com/chaosyourgod/-8ch-station/pull/76

THE HYPE IS REAL

Are the mines larger are just as shown?

The lit up area is all that is uncovered. The rock goes to the boundary.

Server will be back in a few moments, Adding new features. Give me 10 minutes maximum. Thanks.

So admin dude, mind spelling out the paper stuff you're doing/did? Something about spaces? Any other odds and ends like pic related?

Server is back up.

we're black

Looks like the loosened station intercoms CAN have behavior attached to them if thrown. But that seems like an irrelevant state for it to be in

aren't they immortal though?

I think if you decon the wall they're on, they'll just float there? Also, the singularity can dislodge them.

I've never seen the singo dislodge them nor eat them

I was laughing my ass off the entire time, I will admit. Hey, look at it this way, at least something happened. HOP was fun though, I think I have the hang of it. I knew what would happen if I ate all the pills, but I decided to carry my substance abusing office worker all the way. You weren't even there at the early parts of the round where I was in the bar. That was great. Hell, at one point later the Captain dragged me through a maintenance shaft so that I could smoke in the bar while it was on fire.
Honestly that round was hilarious.

You better check again. It's "fixed" in the sense that it can go over 100 now, but it has no cap so heavy hallucinations or "mag dumping" disablers will keep players out of the round for a fuck load of time, hallucinations for quite a long time depending on how bad they are.

Also, unless I'm reading it wrong (and I don't think I am), you're either gonna get perma weakened once you hit 100StamDam or you are gonna stay there 5 times longer than you'd expect.

Not like this is a problem though, nothing besides Disablers and Hallucinations deals Stamina Damage anyway.

I hit my self with gloves till I was unconscious and I was unconscious for less time it took me to get into that state

That's because you didn't hit the cap, you were KO'd before you reached that point due to the gloves function.
You really should read about these things before conducting tests with them.

Or better yet, put the server live with that change. I'll give you a good lesson on why you let people that actually know how this works to handle code.

only this one specific thing they should know?

Also, since you guys only commented one line out with messing with how current health is changed, there's a very high chance that 200 stamina damage outright kills someone, unless you also got that max_health fix from hatestation.
Just put it live, let's test it out.

gitgud put up another like?

All items inherit that function.
Search for "/obj/item/proc/thrown_at(" to find the original and see what parameters it takes.
You can make a lot of things react when thrown but that proc doesn't cover what happens when they HIT something.

The error there is so simple and crass that I'm not gonna bother telling.
It's frankly insulting that it even made it to a merge request, so consider it a learning exercise for DwarvenBuffet.

well tell that to kyron if he didn't flip his shit and insult everyone who was trying to help fix his trash rep by giving him chances, everyone would have been much happier over all

The fix was there, you said nothing about implementing it for 3 days. All I got on the comment section was retards fantasying about what the code actually did with no input from you until I closed the merge. A simple "we're gonna test this on the weekend" posted there would suffice.

But since you can't even do that because you're too insecure about "unpopular ideas", which is ironic considering how half this thread would be a good reason for you to resign as you don't seem popular here. It's bullshit, we both know what's going on here, but it's double standards to care about the opinion of the thread about some things only, now you can work with coders that make horrible dumb mistakes who can't even do something as simple as porting the rainbow slimes.

But don't fret! At least they are doing what YOU want so it's all good, right? :^)

Well, Kyron's being an ass, but he's gotta a point, and this is too funny to pass up.
But I like you help, so here's a clue, Chaos.
Look at this picture. The error is right there.
Anyone that coded anything at all can tell you what's wrong. If you still can't figure it out, I'll tell you a few hours from now, but I'll leave it for now as a challenge.

Also, the 200 stamina damage? Don't worry about it. The fix for that is already there, thankfully. Right now, 100 stam damage just knocks someone down in a semi-permanent way. There's ways to fix that in-game, but I'll only post them later along with the solution.

this right here what you've said? that's the reason why I gave it as long as was going to. no amount of shit tossers can do what you do your self. you simply and surely refuse to listen to anyone other then your self and if anyone gives you ANY kinda back lash you act like a stuck up brat shocked that their "oh so masterful" piece of shit wouldn't be touched by mere ungrateful peons, how dare they? after all it's your perfect code based on your perfect ideas that must mean they must be wonderful, oh woe is you why wont they let you do whatever you want when it's so clear that you know better then them?

you do your self no favors, none what so ever. this is why you're treated as you are, your bloody attitude. have some fucking respect

I'm more then alittle fed up so I'm sorry if I empty me load abit here

Don't worry, being cummed inside is the greatest pleasure.

t-tbh

Next thread when the drama fag shows up (because he's here forever, autism is like that), maybe think about how you feel about having lies and misrepresentations told about you, despite doing your best to do a good job.
Maybe then you'll understand why people get pissy when their work is misrepresented and disrespected.

Or maybe not, why would you? You can always ask your trusty peons to do your bidding and code whatever the vocal majority deems necessary. So what if they don't code it well the first time? What counts is how popular an idea is, not the potential good it can bring.

The funny things is, you only need the stamina fix because you implemented one of my solutions indirectly. :D

I'm a not such a insecure idiot to let shit being said about me effect how I act with people being legitimate with me, it's not such a generalized thing where everything bad said about me is some big dumb boogeyman and you'd see that if you didn't just get so massive passive aggressively defensive over people who actually care enough to give you feed back, yes that's right they fucking care, why the fuck would they say anything other then "you're a piece of shit kill your self" if they did not care in the least? this is why people are fucked with you, you shit on people who have nothing but passion for the game they love and only want the best for it so they feel like they should chip in as much as they can do, whether that's actually helping out with the code as much as able or discussing possible improvements to the game in the thread or on the issues page it's all out of enjoyment from the game and wanting to see better.

this is why the team working on the server were willing to let you help out but it's clear that you don't actually want to do that and instead insult people who put more effort into their work then you have ever done as evidence by your stamina fuck up, it's your code, honk did nothing but copy it. congrats on proving drama fags right.

I've got it fixed now. I didn't have enough time to really look at the change or test it originally. Thanks so much for the help, user. I can't believe I overlooked such a small detail.

I got my own projects to work on, don't presume I hang on the possibility of writing code for this server and do nothing else while I wait. You want my help, fine. You don't want it or you'd rather let it hang on the decisions of shitposters, fuck off and have a good day.

The stamina "fuck up" comes from /tg/ you idiot.
They coded stamina solely for the purpose of hallucinations being able to down someone without actually killing them, it was never supposed to be higher than 100 for a long period of time.
Disablers came next since there was stamina anyway, but they never were much used because Stuns are how /tg/ roles and disablers were barely used.

Said stamina fuck up is not my doing and it was solved back then so Disablers were made viable.
Currently officers have the Hybrid Taser being nigh useless since the electrode is too short and the disablers don't keep anyone down. If you had "put more effort into their work then you have ever done", then this would have been fixed a long time ago.

And you can stop being patronizing about how much effort you put into things. If you're gonna test the "stamina fix" by punching yourself with gloves instead of just varediting the damage in, you're a disgrace in terms of maintaining code. Might as well just port from /tg/ directly. You get no fun but at least you don't fuck up that badly.

Just imagine for a second that I kept my mouth shut here. The first time an officer tried to arrest someone with disablers, the prisoner would never wake up. You can thank me for saving you the autistic screeching that would come from that.

thanks for proving me right in our decisions. all the best in your next not your fuck ups.

It's okay, that sort of overlook happens when you're tired and coding late into the night.
Remember to get coffee or better yet, proper sleep.
Half of Koriath Kode happened because of extreme sleep deprivation.

I do my best to get proper sleep, but sometimes life gets in the way. I was very busy at the time and just wanted to have it done. I guess the lesson here is: even if you can do it in the 5 minutes you have, don't.

A tip I learned on my field of work:
When you take a month to code something, you only write code the first week. The rest is testing and re-writing.
Rarely does something work straight out of the box. This applies to more than SS13: we deal with complex systems that interwine in each other in a mega-pasta-code. Pull a string here and half the plate unravels.
It's even worse if you work in the industry, 60% of what you do is built upon systems other people wrote up. There's always a good chance something is lurking beneath and you don't notice it until it fucks up.
Especially life.dm, I keep warning people that it's a very dangerous file to mess with. Not that it's complex, but it's OLD AS FUCK. You gotta respect little artifacts like that.

First round since the update we found 20 cards with 12 unique locations, I think that is pretty satisfactory for beacon card spawn rates.

Isn't that just the thing that handles the clock/tick updates for all living mobs only?

There's several life.dm files and they all inherit from each other.
The top one is for /mob
Then /living inherits from that
Then /carbon and /silicon
Then /humanoid /monkey and something else inherits from /carbon while /mommi /borg and something else inherits from /silicon

A common mistake is forgeting that a proc in /humanoid calls previous procs in /cabon, /living and /mob. Often times, those previous procs are already doing something that inteferes with what you're doing.
Sometimes people make new procs and forget to call the parents. Sometimes people put a return where they shouldn't (and the proc ends sooner than it should).

Some of newer areas of the code are semi-documented with helpfull comments. Or are very organized, compact and easy to read.
Most of the code nowadays is also very segmented and compartimentalized.
But life.dm (along with many others, life is just the worst case) is a mess of spaghetti that is a source of problems everytime you touch it.
Because it's a load of work and the end result is things stay the same. Everyone wants to be "the guy that coded a gun that shoots knifes".
Noone wants to be "the guy that refactored life.dm", there's no glory in that.

How do you approach this case?

Say you made a blob round. Should the antag mode folder contain all the chemicals for the blob, or should it get stuffed into the reagents folder?

Personally, I like to think of the /module directory as literally independent modules with no actual objects, just headers and functions and variable declarations. But for actual content I feel like they should go into whatever /game folder

Been doing quite a bit of reading, and one thing that isn't mentioned anywhere, even on the wikis for other codebases/serbs, is how AI/Cyborg laws are actually enforced, if at all? I mean imagine you are an AI and you have 15 different people and each of them wants you to open a door and toggle the lights, all at the same time. That's 30 commands you now must fulfill under law 2. Does the game punish you if you
a) Can't finish a request/command fast enough. (How is this tracked by the game code if at all)
b) Ignore the human.
c) End up ignoring the human because you have 14 other doors to open and 14 other lights to toggle.
I want to try AI (as I want to try every role in the game), but first I'm going to get a feel for atmos and cyborg, likely going a couple rounds as each.
I'm just curious, though. I've read just about everything the 8 station wiki has to offer on the topic, so this is just residual questions after the fact. AKA I'm not expecting to be spoonfed, but there are legitimate things that I would need to know in order to not fuck it up and have not been able to find those things.
I think I would find AI interesting/fun though since you have a lot of control and can get very interpretive of your laws if the human isn't very careful and straightforward in their commands.

Tell me, how much of being an AI do you think is code?
An AI is pretty much a camera with access to all electronic options. Get to new thread when you figure out what that means. Also, don't try something as important as AI until you have 20 hours in game or the likes.

I do. I also did mention getting more experience before trying it anyway. The impression I'm getting is you follow the laws because you want to play AI and you want to RP as it, but I was curious nonetheless.
As for an AI being code, a real AI is 100% code and the Nanotrasen ones are not code because they're a brain, and seeing as I ASSUME you just follow your laws because you picked that role, there is no game code to make you do it.

the in game mechanic of what makes you follow your laws is a moderator

Well, the ideal aproach (if we're thinking about code readility) would be to stick the new reagent in the already in list of reagents (reagents.dm if I'm not mistaken) if it's just one. If there's 3 or 4, it's a good idea to make a new section there. Just comment something like:
////////////////////////////////////////////////this is NEW ANTAG chem stuff/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I hope I didn't fuck the code formatting
Then put your chems in it.
If the chems are 5 or more, or if a couple of them have complex update functions (a chem that deals brain damage to heal brute damage based on how many arms you have and the number of clowns in sight) it's then best to make your own file for them. Why? Because when I'm scrolling down the reagents list, I don't wanna scroll down 500 lines through yours to find what I'm looking for.

It's all about scope and how big your new code is. Generally though, the only thing that should worry you isn't where you put it. It's that you bundle the maximum ammount of things in the same place. If someone later has to open 20 files to mess with something you made, he'll eventually forget one or two. And that's how most bugs appear.

There's essentially three in-game mechanics.
If the crew decides you are not following your laws properly, they'll card you. Or shut you down.
They just assume the AI is defective (in-game) and that the players is a shitter (out of game).
The second is when you have an alternative set of Laws like Kawai or Tyrant. I don't think we have Kawai anymore.
An high ranking member of the crew might decide to remake your laws with the approriate board and acess.
Note: Tyrant AI's don't necessarily have to allow this behaviour. Up to you and to the situation.
The third option only occurs when you play AI and do massive destructive stuff (releasing plasma) for no reason. A mod will job ban you from AI for a number of days and depending on the circusntance, ban you from the game for a shorter ammount of time.
Don't worry about not being able to fullfill a high number of requests. Everyone knows there's a human player behind the AI, people are very permissive with it.

Playing AI is, like most thing, a priviledge. One that can be revoked if you demonstrate you're not mature/cooperative enough to enjoy it.
At least, it's how most things should be done. TG removes far too many things because of shitters instead of restricting their access.

Thanks user. Have a random meme from my collection.
Like I said, definitely want to at least try every regular crew role. Good to know that if I'm at least trying and at least half knowledgeable, it'll be fine.

It's funny because all 4 answers are slightly correct.