Unsung Story: Another Kikestarter Scam

archive.is/IIVxT
kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians

Daily reminder that peoples that supported kikestarter project are gullible retards. I'm talking to you Star Citizen backers

Other urls found in this thread:

littleorbit.com/
kickstarter.com/projects/1247448559/next-gen-n64-nintendo-64-controller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you wondering what kind game dev is Little Orbit, check out their website

littleorbit.com/

I thought that was The Mandate.

Haven't heard of this one. Explain.

FIFY

Well, it wasn't called "Unsung" for nothing.

Matsuno's a writer, not a programmer, musician, or artist. Odds are he did exactly what his job entailed.
From the sound of the whole "Little Orbit is starting from scratch" thing, Playdex's development might have been plagued with feature creep. That's probably being too generous, though.

Oh, they make shovelware. And according to some of the comments, they had to file for bankruptcy recently. I don't doubt they could make the game on a shoestring budget it'd be awful but it'd still exist, but how the hell did they afford the rights to the IP in the first place?
Did it just get sold to them for pennies or something?

I recant my statement. It might not have been the biggest but most promising but failed horribly, at least to my eyes.

It was so sad because one can clearly see where the project started going off the deep end. The retards thought they can add real-time boarding mechanics into the game. That's right, they thought they can mix real-time XCOM into a Homeworld game with the measly fund they got. It's a good thing I don't do any crowdfunding because an open-world Homeworld with Space Russia really sounded cool.

I thought the guy was just freelancing as a game designer.

Possibly.

I can't believe peoples fell for this shit, the kickstarter video show no gameplay footage, not even a game asset, just concept art.

I think they just gave it to them for free and ran with little money they have left from the kikestarter. Little Orbit probably didn't know that the game is DoA. Basically Playdex just dump all their problems to LO, and give all the backers the middle finger since they have nothing to do with the game anymore.

I remember when this was being funded. Had a thread or two here.

It's too bad it went under. Matsuno is god-tier, and any game he has even the slightest bit of interaction with is generally superior. Can't say I'm surprised though, since (((kikestarter.)))

You're calling Barbie and her Sisters Puppy Rescue shovelware you fucking faggot? This shit is the Nintendogs of video games.

Most peoples that shill this game under a false pretense, they thought the kikestarter was made by Matsuno himself but in reality, it was by no name studio.

That is because they are retards. Matsuno is not a programmer, and he sure as shit isn't a programmer/artist/writer/music/everything kind of guy.

Omori was also a shitshow (although not as big as this one of course), the game was supposed to come out 2 years ago and unlike this one was a fucking RPG-maker game. For those who are not familiar with the software: it's something people use when they want to make a game but are too retarded to learn how to program or too poor to hire a programmer, similar to Gamemaker but with even less coding.
I recently read in the comments of the kikestarter page that the devs have even decided to stop using RPG-maker and moved over to something else. There's not even fucking proof that they were ever developing the game, only a short video of a supposed demo came out something 3 years ago that no one has ever played and probably does not exist. There was also a 2017 trailer (video related) which barely shows any gameplay and even that might just be the only thing they got done so far. There was a countdown to the old release date (somewhere in 2015) on their official website which they didn't even bother to take down until recently.
This was also a project that got overfunded (devs asked for 22,000 but got more than 23,000). So yeah, the project started in 2014 and we're getting closer to 2018 and there is still no proof that even a fraction of the game exists. I didn't pay any money to these chinks myself but I was interested in the game and I'm kind of pissed off that something this easy to make never came into existence.

The kickstarter was made by Playdex, they just use Matsuno name to shill it.

The thumbnail alone screams "le epic Earthbound reference xDDD" so it's probably for the best.

Yume Nikki was a mistake

Video games were a mistake.

You only got yourself to blame for this

Undertales is the Dark Souls of Earthbound tributes tbh.

Kickstarter is not an appropriate, viable, or consumer-friendly platform for video games.

The only women I would trust in game development are pure blooded Japanese ones that have grown up in Japan. Western whores only deserve beatings.

It can work, but only if the developers have something to present that isn't vague promises and feature creep. What most of the teams that pitch their proposal lack is someone to keep a leash on their purse so they don't fuck it up. The biggest problem of kikestarter is the gullible retards that have no capacity for critical thought throwing money at projects that are clearly not going to deliver.

Nope. The video game development process is vastly different from most other design and production processes. With video games, the money is required up front to make anything of value. In most other cases, things like designing, prototyping, etc. are able to be done well in advance, allowing creators to present more than just a neat idea they have that could change dramatically.
Kickstarter is already a shitty deal that takes advantage of consumers, using them in place of investors while having no real responsibility toward them and getting an interest-free, royalty-free, returns-free loan from them. Video games just make it a million times worse.

I backed this game and forgot it existed.
I never backed another kickstarter again.

I didn't give them any money like I said and I was planning on pirating it once it was released, I just thought that it looked interesting visually.

I'm really curious to know. What do people like you get from offering capital funds for a video game project.

They get whatever the project ends up shitting out, if anything gets shit out at all.
But everyone gets disappointment since there's no shortage of that anywhere.

looks like there's lists of failures/scams, but not much look like games

lolponyhurt

I backed it because I'm a huge fan of games like Tactics Ogre, and FFT and love the work of a few names that popped up.
There is a lack of games in this genre in the market, and I just wanted to play one of them. It's how projects like MN9 and Yooka kicked off, not just on nostalgia but selling the idea of being able to play that genre again.

I like video games, I just wanted another one to play. Instead what I got was a group of people abusing my trust and running off with the money. At least I didn't dump any more than £15-20 on it and learned by lesson by never touching the site again.

By the way, Little Orbit are starting the entire game from scratch again. So all of those kickstarter funds raised to develop the game has gone completely.

a cheaper game, if it ever launches. I backed Shovel Knight, too, which I think turned out awesomely. I've been trying to get the attorney general involved in this Playdeck business for two years now. they've done jack shit and this is what happens when there is no oversight on your funding platform.

Legal action won't work, although Little Orbit have previously mentioned that the music Playdek promised Sakimoto would make never happened.
I don't think that would hold up in a legal case, but make of it what you will.

I was just checking my old mail. Playdek sent along a letter stating they spent $1.5M on development of engine, assets, etc., so that's why they couldn't justify refunds. If Little Orbit can't cough those assets up to backers, it was fraudulent behavior. not an attorney, so fuck me. I lost 20 dolla!

I also lost 20 dollars, though as Little Orbit have said those assets don't exist.
Playdek created a post on February 2014 saying that Sakimoto had joined the team to create the soundtrack. August 2017, and Orbit are saying that they didn't receive a single file created by Sakimoto, and this was apparently due to contract issues that it was never created.
Of course they didn't tell the backers this in the entire space of the three and a half years they were working on it.

Felt like both a bullet dodged and the hopefully some Japanese devs might be wising up as to how poorly the service has handled in regards ti most games that have come from it.

This is grounds for a fraud case at this point.

Thought this would amuse you fucks, someone's kickstarting a new N64 controller.

Thought putting it in a Kikestarter thread made more sense.

kickstarter.com/projects/1247448559/next-gen-n64-nintendo-64-controller

fakkin wat