What are some games where I can play as a merchant?

What are some games where I can play as a merchant?

Crusader Kings 2 it has some Italy merchant related DLC.

The Guild 2.
Hope the sequel will be good

I thought that was like Sims in medieval times. Am I missing something?

In endless space 1 you have the sheredyn who are mercenary merchants, in endless space 2 you have the lumeris who are literally merchants, there's also civ 5's venice who cannot play outside of trade and creating great merchants (in spite of its one-city-only limitation, venice is absolutely fucking broken, even on deity). Victoria II is also all about creating great powers through socioeconomic build up more so than all out war, but you need to muster some autism to get through the learning curve.

Uncharted Waters serie. Also the entire Dragon Quest spin-off with Torneko as the hero

It does have some sim-like qualities to it, in that you can court and marry someone, but the meat of the game is owning, at first, a shop/tavern/church and producing with the help of your serfs products to sell on the market, either in your home-town or in other cities. You can also hire mercenaries to protect you or your convoy, to spy on your opponents or to even bully them(like burning down their shops). You can also join the city council to have more power in order to back-stab your opponents much more efficiently. After a while you will own multiple shops and you can use your children to create alliances with other families in order to expand your own powers.

Sid Meier's Pirates!
Capitalism
Kamidori Alchemy Meister

(checked)
You are missing:

Excellent merchant simulator; Still waiting for the sequel.

You forgot going to church every evening. It's one thing to burn down a rival's inn, but not attending mass at a daily basis, now that is a major sin.

Does the game also have a kristalnacht mechanic in which the merchants piss me and everyone off so much that I rise to power? Perhaps maybe there is a wide array of solutions to this merchant problem? Dont want those merchants getting too powerful, got to keep them controlled in certain "affordable" regions where they can be easily accessed. Is this also in game?

Asking for a friend of course… I personally don't mind merchants, although they can be troublesome at times.

Are "renaissance" and "pirates of the european seas" expansion packs, spinoffs or what?

They are expansion packs. If I am not mistaken the pirates one adds the thieve class to the game, but I can't remember what the other one does. There is a version that includes all the expansion btw.

I think, you can do this, since everybody has an affection level with everybody else, so in theory you could have a family that is hated by all the others. I am no expert in the game, so my knowledge is limited. Though keep in mind, that the game is a bit buggy and the AI can do some weird stuff, especially in court, think of Roger a Muireve level.

That bug was fixed years ago, killing yourself was a plot back then instead of a decision.

Paradox RNG is a real treat.

I googled it…
Thanks…

Recettear is good stuff. Cute lolis, cosy shop and grindan dungeons for free loot if you can survive. Pic is bronyshit but does sum up what some encounters with NPC's will be like, but sometimes you learn your lesson and recover and it's quite fun to do so. You kinda learn after a while what kinds of NPC's budgets and attitudes are too, it's just a cosy and cute game to play to be honest, not some super indepth merchant sim (though still worth a go if you're interested).

Can only think of Recettear andò Sud Meier's Pirates!

most MMOs will fit the bill

JoWood published The Guild 2, its standalone expansion Pirates of the European Seas, and its second standalone expansion Venice. They then went under.
Renaissance is, from what I gather, a sanctioned modpack-turned-standalone-expansion whose developers are now working on The Guild 3 for THQ Nordic.
It does not seem to include content from Venice. Or, at least, it doesn't include the city itself. Haven't played Venice.

Rogue was present in The Guild 2 from the start.
Did some searching, Pirates of the European Seas added the pirate and medicus professions along with ships and harbors and such which are all present in Renaissance.
Venice added the mercenary and glazier professions and only mercenary is present in Renaissance.

Specifically, no. But as said, one family can piss everyone off, and so other families might inquire the rogues to arrange for some arson, kidnapping, murder, and no one would gives a shit.

They are expansion packs made by third party devs. Renaissance add more occupations I believe, including 'banker' if you want to go for realism. I never got my hands on Pirates though, so I have no idea what it adds, but I heard it was pretty bad because of many bugs that made the game literally unplayable.

its not a bug in that picture its someone with the same name

In Star Wars galaxies you can setup a shop to sell the stuff you craft. Almost everything in the game (weapons, clothes, ships etc) is crafted.

You're welcome.