Wtf happened to Valve?

I'm surprised there's not a thread on this.
TL;DR

I'm vary disappointed with valve. They've become just like every other corporate cow farm that Holla Forums has come to know and loath. I mean the technically their last game they made was that Vive tech demo or whatever. All valve cares about now is steam and steam accessories cause why make a new game when your making more money selling other peoples games.

Other urls found in this thread:

hasbro.com/common/instruct/TrumptheGame.PDF
store.steampowered.com/app/391240/Forgotten_Lore/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Judaism.

There is literally no way they're not making that shit to tie it into the trading cards they have for a shit-ton of Steam games. Also blatantly copying Hearthstone in such a fashion is fucking hilarious, nuValve doesn't have an original bone in its body, and why would they when all their talent is leaving?

Me too games are the best, there is literally nothing better than looking at a trend and cashing in on it, don't worry, as well as it's well polished it will review well and people will lap it up.

Check AND read the catalog next time.

There was a thread. Everyone laughed at how jewish Valve is and that the reaction to the "game" was bad.

Well it's simple
Hold on, let me just go see how this card game is supposed to play and I can tell you in 5 minutes if its a good or bad idea.

Past bump-limit and on its way to death.

There was/is a thread on it, and since they showed jack shit all there is to say about it is "another fucking card game?" and the usual about valve having lost touch with what their customers want in pursuit of easy money.

They showed all you need to know about this turd. Its a card game so it will be like Hearthstone because thats whats popular and will try anything to rake in money.

There's a cyclical one, numbnuts.

This makes a lot of sense actually, which is why f2p is eternally worse than any other game.

They had too much success and it turned them fat and lazy. There's a reason all the talented devs either left or went into retirement. There's a reason the number of staff working at Valve shrinks with each passing year. Steam prints them money, they lack creative drive, and so they're content to sit and rake in cash, gradually shrinking the number of ways it's being split by allowing the company to shrink.

As far as why they don't feel any sort of drive to at least experiment when they have so much fucking capital they can afford to take massive risks, well I don't know. The main reason Valve irritates me is as a dev I see so much wasted potential. They have an endless font of money which they can use to hire new staff, innovate new tech, and try risky projects. Instead they seemingly do fuck all with it, they're more content to watching bank account numbers grow than try to grow their legacy. It's utterly baffling, fuck why not just throw out a few million at a bunch of random indie studios and see what they produce? It's not like their bottom line would be even close to being in danger.

I remember when I used to idolize Valve, I wanted to work for them for years, but now…

You being dumb cunt happened.

Artifact isn't a singleplayer game.

Fixed.

Sure thing goys.
If they actually do ever make another game ever again and it's nothing less than perfect I'm never using any off their services ever again.

you better start accepting the truth

SOON

VERY SOON

This looks horrible.

Valve is competing EA for a most hatted game company name, no doubt.

I think they win that easily, and they're well on their way to most hated too.

Valve is a distribution and marketing company now.>>13196639

Barney should be happy, at least.

Take a look at the developers twitter account of artifact. He is within the litterly who indie clique.

What you should take away from that image is that Gabe Newell was actually always like that. Remember that he tried to SWAT a man in 2003 - it's covered in the Eurogamer article on the Half-Life 2 development leak.

Probably the worst part is that it doesn't use the fucking steam trading cards that everyone's already got kicking around in their steam inventories.
Why the fuck would you make a virtual TCG that doesn't use digital trading cards that already exist?

Oh my fuck that would be an amazing concept. The only problem would be the tons of shitty shovelware that has cards attached to them.

Are you kidding me? Do you really want the result of this to be people buying and playing games just for the cards? Furthermore how the fuck would you balance the tens of thousands of cards from already existing games, on top of the cards that pop up everytime a new game gets released on steam?

Because it will probably be a CCG rather than a TCG like all the other digital TCGs out there, allowing trading just means people giving money to each other instead of to Valve.

That wouldn't work as those cards are tied with other games, they would need to make so many licensing deals it wouldn't make a profit plus shovelware crap would pump out so many cards the economy would crash in a day.

I shouldn't even be surprised, but I'm still disappointed.

The cards are tied to other games, aren't they? Wouldn't that mean they'd have to go suck off and make deals with every single dev who makes a game with trading cards involved?
And what would determine which cards are the better ones? Logically Valve and their jewry would simply make AAA games have the strongest cards while some shitty $0.1 indie game no one's ever heard of get the worst and most unusable cards.
It's a novel concept but it's hard to think of a way where it's well implemented.
What I really wanted was a singleplayer game where you get to play as one of the stories of any of the characters. Axe, Sven, Jugg, Legion, whatever.

In addition to the problems other anons have listed, there's also the issue of badge crafting removing cards from your inventory. Could be fixed by removing badge ranks and changing it to a "collect all the cards and you get the badge" system, but again, there are other problems with the idea. A Dota card game is retarded, but a Steam card game would be more so.

They stopped caring about video games. When you earn billions from selling other peoples products and significantly less from selling your own video games your priorities shift.

Ricochet 2 when

Who's making them exactly? Their best and core game dev talent has already left the company or retired. Also, who gives a fuck about a mobile game?

better quality

Great info dude, really current.

I think Laidlaw left not too long ago, so this is very outdated

You can say that.

I know, that's the joke.

There is nothing wrong with valve. Valve is doing what makes money and is addressing the demand for a card game. Valve provides steam which is a far better service than any console provides.

Is this an ironic shill post?

Its better than hardware drm aka consoles. Steam is better.

Steam ruined PC gaming, before that shitty DRM became popular we didn't need to bind out games to an always online pile of shit software.

Consoles are always online hardware locked drm where you cant access files.

Makes me wonder
If Konami made an AC!D 3 for mobile, would people play it?

Probably not, considering how bad the monetization scheme would be knowing Konami.

This, Steam is a fucking placebo and they barely give a shit abouut updating their anti piracy measures.
As long as piracy exists I give no fucks.

By making digital distribution mainstream on a platform which saw a huge software sale drought in the the mid 2000s?
Do you know how barren those days were?
Do you realize how many franchises were raped and dumbed down to casuals and consoles due to an exponencial increase in console sales due to all the normalfags flooding tech during 2007?
Christ, at least nowadays I can play everything from Fantasy RTS games to Animu Panty Sims day one thanks to the Fat Kikes shitty service.
How to spot an underage history revisionist.

SecuROM and Starforce never existed, shitlord.

You mean my faggot friend never played Asscreed 2 on the PC?
Damn, what a stinking liar.

You cant access files on consoles it is hardware drm

If its hardware its not DRM dumbass
But don't worry, some retards will use the word like a boogeyman anyway despite the consoles that they use being even more locked down with even less if any alternatives.

My problem with Steam is more or less how shit it is as a storefront. There isn't any quality control, which I can kind of look past. But more importantly the mere act of searching for a decent game is a giant fucking mess. You can't filter out undesirable tags, nor can you filter out VR games, or simulatenously search for both recent releases and ascending/descending prices/user review scores, this happens uncommonly but games that aren't even out are in the new releases section, user reviews is more often than not broken(hurr no reviews except for those 9 or 10 that aren't showing up until you go to a different page), misleading(either they're stupid meme reviews, or they're "my toaster can't run this", or they're simply put down by the fact that it's either "recommend" or "not recommend" with nothing in between).
Looking for a for an interesting game that you might have never heard of, or simply looking through the new releases section is a fucking pain in the ass due to this.

Digital distribution fucking sucks. Computer game boxes were the good shit.

Valve is DEAD as Game Developer, well any proper "full game" developer at least.

*red is all the devs that left.
*green is all the devs that arent in valvesoftware.com list, so they probably arent working on something as important as HL3 in any large capacity or have also left.

Everyone acts angry now but just give it a few days after release and every redditor steamfag will be fellating it.

Just like Hitler said
In addition places like reddit encourage revisionism and soon the brainless normalfags will be saying

Is anyone on reddit even mad about it to begin with? I can't imagine those faggots have any standards.

More disappointed than mad
The dota subreddit doesn't really have any opinions

For every mad person there's two shills like this one.

I only ever see the word "entitled" when it's used to defend companies.

Euthanize every reddit user.

True, but it has advantages like easier and cheaper distribution.
Half the console focused Japanese games wouldn't be there if that wasn't the case.

Christ I don't think Falcom PC localizations would be a thing if that wasn't the case.
What we need is DRM free by demand physical versions

Not even close to half, are you stupid?

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS FUUCKK

I love this shit. Commie cat is a dirty whore.

Did you know that the first country to legalize abortions on demand was the soviet union?
Mostly because deadbeats were going around raping middle-class "small bourgeois" oppressors who had the audacity to run stores or create things.

Do you have more?

They bought the VR meme
>They go full retard and decide to make their first game announcement in over half a decade for a spinoff of a game that only ASSFAGGOTS lovers(Whales) enjoyed
I was kind of hoping that maybe they'd hire people to actually make video games when they moved into their new, bigger offices but even that got fucking delayed.

I'm willing to believe that might be Source 2 running. But if you expect me to believe a bunch of images without any Half-Life iconography are Half-Life, then you're fucking retarded

Nothing? They were always cancerous greedy shitbags. Welcome back to reality faggot.

I don't even mind VR because I honestly do really like it despite its gimmick, and I really expected that Valve, since they have SO MUCH CASH that they're, well, not using for anything all, to actually produce the technology and sell it at a decently low price (even possibly at a loss, like many consoles do) exclusively to build up a community of people that own VR so that they then could make their money back from people buying VR titles on their market.

But nope. They partner with HTC, for whatever fucking reason, and decide to sell their VR for double the price of their competitor.

I mean shit can you imagine a reality where not only Valve sold Vr headsets cheaper, but also produced their own cheap hybrid PC/Consoles rather than giving them to other cunts that sold them at incredibly inflated prices?
They could've completely reworked the state of PC gaming that would eventually bring them billions of dollars from people using their services.

But nah, that wasn't good enough, they just wanted to design something and keep accumulating money.

Honestly at this point I'm just curious why they're getting more money. They're privately owned, so they have no investors to appease, their running costs against their profits are ridiculously low.
There has to be a reason for it.

Gabe needs tribute

USED GOODS

Steam serfs aren't much better than the console peons. Some men just can't handle the liberties provided by the PC as a platform so they get Steam to emulate the console DRM experience. Fucking slaves shouldn't be allowed to play video games, or at least they shouldn't be allowed to use their own money on them. They ruin the market with their stupidity.

Women ruined Valve just like women ruined video games.
WOMEN IN GAMING WHAT DID I EXPECT?

take a deep look into the developer of artifact.
There will be a leak about him and zoe quinn, he is one of her guys she sleept with.

Are you really surprised? I haven't bought anything on steam since they did paid mods for skyrim. Todd and Gabe were getting 40% each. Valve was just as guilty as Bethesda/ zenimaxI haven't bought a Bethesda game either.

Stop giving money to Valve.

This.

If the gooks would stop buying DOTA 2 crap everything would be better but gamers don't give a crap, everyone is fine with keys and crates.

found this on twitter
remember paid mods?

Do you have a version with punished Holla Forums?

Didn't Valve stop hiring devs and start hiring only those with 2 PhDs in unrelated fields? Pretty sure I remember the hiring practices changing to the point where the guys who made Half Life wouldn't be hired if they applied today.

I remember in that stupid DOTA documentary literally every single developer in their office looked like a fresh out of highschool twink with colored hair. Probably all just kids of Gabe's friends.

What's that brick thing on his forehead in the maximum hebrew image?

They can't make Half Life 3 because it would have to be beyond what current developers can do, which is tough/near impossible nowadays. Half Life 2 still looks great even today, and it was made over 10 years ago. Valve really did lead the charge in what a PC FPS can look like and do, and created a great physics engine as well. Today, many companies are doing the same thing and failing, and Valve realizes they can't come up with something that will launch HL3 into GOAT status the same way HL2 is considered. Anything less than GOAT will be seen as a disappointment, and Valve doesn't want to risk it. If they didn't wait so long to release HL3 and did it in maybe 2009, it would be fine, but now they can't do anything.

I mean they could if they tried. Source engine was revolutionary for being one of the most light-weight physics engines for a really long time. If Valve put time into it they could make Source 2 have light-weight solutions to all sorts of things. Like soft-body physics, destruction physics, dynamic water physics, etc.
A big reason of why Half-Life 2 got jerked off so heavily is because it was so revolutionary technology wise. The story and gameplay were average. Valve just has to push the tech again.

Why is Silent Hills on that picture? PT was as boring and generic as it gets. Fucking FNAF was more inventive than that garbage

(you)

you carry little scraps of the talmud in it or something, typical jewtism

It's true, they can create Source 2 and change the world completely, but I don't think they even know how to do this anymore. Most of their developers haven't even done engine building like this in a long time, and they might be reluctant to spend money on R&D for it when other engines already exist. It's a different world than the early 00s.

I think the story being average is why it's remembered, ironically. It's not some sprawling story with choices like AAA games try to be. It's a simple story of the right man in the wrong place and it advances itself through character dialogue and settings. Players are just as clueless as Freeman is. What keeps people coming are the mysteries that get hinted at and leaving them open so people want closure in the next title.

While the gunplay wasn't the must amazing thing, I think it's the first person platforming and puzzles that really makes a lot of it. I can't recall a similar game that did it so well, as first person platforming is usually a taboo. I'm afraid it's hard to wow people with new tech, especially considering people are already not wowed by games coming out now. "Look at the graphics" is an outdated viewpoint when we hit the point of diminishing polygonal returns.

Typical reddit, probably a bot because that name seems something the KOTOR character generator would make.

The card game might use Source 2? If any oldfags remember all the client side mods in the GCF's for HL2 there was chess, checkers and others back in the 2005 even.

They do, and the new DOTA, but those are simple compared to what people would expect from a HL3. Apparently they are porting some games and I hope they prove me wrong with all of this.

fuck off libtard your system is running wild

Their engineers built an entirely new graphics api, made a plugin for Unity that drastically improves performance and made an OS(granted it's not from scratch but making an OS is no simple task). They can easily do that level of engine building.
If you give them a show as crazy as Half-Life 2's tech demo from way back when they will. If Valve demo'd all the systems I just described and then some. And then made them function in a way that's light-weight and harmonious with each other, the way Half-life 2 did back in the day, people would lose their god damn minds.
But this is really just wishful thinking on my part.
Especially dynamic fluid physics. If they got that working and made it function as a gameplay device, hardcore gamers would cream their fucking pants at an engine that finally has real water that doesn't act like jelly. Vid related is UE4 running the closest thing to what I'm describing, but it still looks a lot like jelly. If Source 2 pushed the envelope just that little bit further and made it light-weight, it'd be amazing.

Like most of these companies today, they don't employ any real programmers. That's the real reason why they can't deliver. The people you think of as developers left or were forced out long ago . Almost all so-called AAA games are just the same old thing in the same old engine. It's a painting by numbers process. No one on any of the teams writes any real code. It's just basic scripting.

What's this?

Man, I can't wait for all of this technology to be implemented and not once actually live up to even a quarter of its potential.

I don't remember what it's called(or if even has a non-generic name) but Valve built their first VR demos on Unity, so they made a plugin to get performance up to levels they could make VR stuff with.

To be fair, you can mitigate this somewhat. In the Discovery Queue, you can change the settings to exclude some swaths of content wholesale (including early access cancer), as well as any tag you're uninterested in. Granted, you do have to hope that people actually tag things accurately, and this doesn't work for the store as a whole. I agree that they could do a much better job of search, but I think they just don't care.

I miss the days of the giant PC game boxes with the huge manuals and other items inside, like those fold-out tech trees from RTS games. Digital distribution makes you lose so much.

I have no doubt their developers and engineers are amazing, I just don't know how many of them can do the same level of engine building to propel Source 2 ahead of current engines. I'm sure some can, but for Source 2 to become something the same way Source was back in the 00s they need to go all out. Again, this is extremely difficult in today's world where people are already doing this and either failing at it or coming up with something that's not easy to run or utilize with average equipment, something Source excelled in.

I had a feeling this is the case. Nothing truly innovative has some from Valve in a long time.

(Nice)
We're already there, fluid dynamics is pretty new to UE4, but vid related has been around for a while now and I have yet to see it in any game despite it not being very taxing on systems.(I have seen it in some /agdg/ webms here though, so hopefully someday we'll see it get used)

It's called a tefillin or a phylactery.
It is NOT the same thing as a tokin hat btw.

Already saw it, not long and it will hit halfchan where it gets censored.

At first I thought he was just a bland concept artist as per Halo's standard, but apparently he does some decent spacecraft design. It's more Starcraft than Half-life though.

Wolpaw left too.

Backman left too? Fuck, this has a negative probability of being even decent.

im really surprised valve havn't made a steam card game yet, it seems like such an obvious move and everyone one would eat that shit up

Like another guy mentioned it'd be an absolute licensing nightmare, though it being a stipulation for having cards up at all would make it much less of a problem to do.

I don't see how it would be nightmare

if they say no they say no, I cant imagine any indie dev saying no to something which would increase the sales of their game

You guys do know that DOTA 2 is currently running on Source 2, right?

Valve decided to live life on easymode and rake in shekels from Steam instead of from making fun games. This decision turned them full kosher.

Who wants to bet it's literally going to be Krosmaga?
A French card game that came out last year based on Wakfu MMO by Ankama, which I'm sure most people here at least know what it is. From what I hear Artifact sounds like Krosmaga, with lanes heroes spells etc. Though the concept itself isn't original to Ankama anyways.

Anyways, Valve is just another shitty company that has a monopoly and loses it's mind thinking they can push whatever bullshit they want down peoples throats, and they can, because nobody can do shit to stop them.
Valve is Youtube of gaming, they got too big to give a shit about what people have to say.

I'll give it a try as long as it's more interactive than Hearthstone.

A creature combat game where attackers choose blockers is possibly the worst design anyone could come up with.

LEARN HOW TO ENGLISH YOU STUPID FUCKING FUCK, HALF THE GAMES CURRENTLY AVAIABLE ON STEAM LIKE I OBVIOUSLY MENTIONED, NOT HALF THE CONSOLE JAPANESE GAMES YOU FUCKING RETARDED NIGGER

When you consider the fact that the only less interactive game is something like War, that's an incredibly low bar to be setting.

A creature combat game is about the lowest of the low at this point. It was okay when MtG did it decades ago, but game design has evolved so much since then (and CCGs are a disgusting relic of the past at this point). This is just bad on all levels.
It's pretty fucking sad when RIOT GAMES of all companies does a better job at the whole tabletop gaming thing.

I think it's fucking sad that the first game to get in on this cashcow was a fucking failure that no one remembers, and now everyone is copying it and somehow achieving success.

It's far from the first and far from the best.

But it is the one that everyone is copying, at least stylistically.

Valve did not create Havok, user.

I do remember this, but it was fucking trash

Fair enough. Either way, I'm just sick of people using tabletop game design from 1985-1995 as their basis for video games.

It's like making Atari 2600 games when you're living in the SNES era.

he was not wrong

Except for the fact that the end of the PT demo shows off The Walking Dead Man™ and he was also confirmed for Silent Hills.

I'm sick of people using tabletop game design at all for video games. Especially RPGs. You would think with our technology that RPGs would have been completely outdone and replaced with a faster-paced genre, but we still have these fucking stat-crunching simulators.

I'd say that's more of a consequence of the dumbing down of game audiences. RPGs and tabletop games are fine in their own right, but (especially RPG shit) is added to games in order to allow the casual masses to feel a sense of progression and lessen difficulty.
Oh well, what are you going to do outside of killing all of the AAA-playing faggots and their SJW buddies.

I feel like your post is either something from the distant past or the distant future. What fucking reality do you live in? "RPGs" today are nothing but shootan games with a few meaningless stat points thrown in to try to get the label to stick. Sometimes you get sword fighting instead of shooting, but it changes nothing.

If video game RPGs had even 1/4th the creative options available to them that tabletop games have, it would be a revolution in the industry.

Competent RPGs are not exclusively for being a reward treadmill. Managing stats is an optimization problem much like a 4X game or other simulators.

Real-time skill tests like platformers and action games are an entirely different type of challenge and stimulate a different part of the player's brain.

Table top games and PnP RPG's today are dumbed down trash that SJW's play. I don't know what Bernstein world you are living in.

That's incorrect. It's not running entirely on Source 2. It's running a modified Source engine that has parts of Source 2 in it to help improve loading times and performance. It's entirely possible that Artifact will be the first game running entirely on Source 2(If they're making it in Source 2 in the first place) and that just makes me sad

RPGs are dated when it comes to video games, because they rely upon abstraction. Abstraction is okay for pen and paper, but it's not okay when you actually control your character. In a tabletop RPG, you don't have control of your character: if the dice roll fails than your character failed, not you.

As usual, Holla Forums displays its utter ignorance of /tg/ related matters.

*then your character failed

spotted the SJW

No one is thinking of whatever crap that picture is when they think about tabletop games. The prime game that comes to mind is of course Dungeons and Dragons.

Modern video game "RPGs" could be all random number generators when you shoot/swing, it still doesn't change the fact that your options for ROLE PLAYING are infinitesimally small compared to tabletop RPGs in which you can be anyone, do anything, go anywhere. Video games can barely give you one numale/womyn slider in the character creator and a linear path through a story with a few meaningless "choices" to make along the way.

You know, I'm okay with this line of thought. The less attention /tg/ games get, the safer they are.

Nigger SJWs have already infested your shit a long time ago

Whatever you say.

Nigger that is one of the most Poz'd casual table top games out their. Trannys and Drag queens play modern D&D. At least play MYFAROG.

Yet content creators are still able to create, with little restriction on content, and create niche games that have little to no mass market appeal, and are doing so in a way that's better than any point in the past.

You're not fucking helping, faggot.

You can make arguments about old versions of DnD versus newer versions on a mechanics standpoint, but the people playing the game have no impact on the quality of the game itself, as long as you aren't playing with those trannies and tumblrfags in question.

Pozzed

are you honestly trying to defend 5th Edition?

Valve represents everything I hate about Western games.

At least Japanese mobile trash has lolis. What does DOTA have?

It's better than 4e, at least

No, which is why I said you can debate the mechanics of versions all you like and that's fine, just that "trannies play it" isn't a reason it's bad directly, unless you are in the same room playing with them.

And my point remains that video game "RPGs" are nowhere near what a real RPG can/should be.

I think there's a lizard midget with a big, wet, prehensile tongue. Heard it from a friend.

Are you trying to defend anything after 3rd Edition?

I honestly don't see the point in roleplaying. I love fantasy worlds, but you're betraying your own skill by pretending to be someone you're not. RPGs were so prevalent before Y2K because they were easy as fuck to make. Now we have the software and hardware to make what is effectively an RPG in everyway except mechanics. Hexen and Heretic should have only been two titles in a line of amazing action games that replaced the tired skill-less abstraction of RPGs.

As someone has been meaning to play DnD, what the fuck are you both talking about?

kill yourself, mobage garbage eater

See, you are right on the cusp of having an argument. You could be telling me about all the mechanics changes that were made versus older editions that show that the game got worse over time instead of better, and I'm sure you would have excellent points to make. But instead you focus on the trannies, which at best is a byproduct, not a cause.

STILL doesn't change the fact that video game "RGPs" aren't anywhere near ANY EDITION of DnD. They are linear shootan games with meaningless numbers.

D&D and Magic are accurate representations of tabletop gaming as a hobby in the same way that Call of Duty and Candy Crush are accurate representations of video gaming as a hobby.
If you only look at the most popular things in a hobby, giving them only the most superficial of overviews, of course you'll hold retarded opinions like yours.

2nd Edition ADnD was the best, 3rd Edition was not bad. Even 1st edition is fun. Modern DnD is for retarded fags and trannies.

lol

We are on a retarded nip rice field simulator, explain why.

That is not what I said at all. I'm telling you to make your case in full, not point to byproducts. Note that at no point have I said anything even remotely approaching "modern DnD is good" only that "trannies aren't the reason it's bad" and "video game 'RPGs' don't come anywhere near it anyway."

P. Retards play Modern Dungeons and Dragons
C. therefore the game must be designed so that retards can understand the rules.

Its a very simple argument.

Shove a steak knife up your ass and twist you retarded faggot.

That conclusion does not follow.

Fuck off normalfag.

being so triggered. Fuck off you liberal tranny retarded faggot.

3e was hugely complicated and wizards are massively overpowered (it's commonly called "Caster edition") but everybody still has a place and there's fucking shitloads of supplementary material to pick and choose from. 4e is a huge slog. 5e is streamlined in a good way but simple, and lore/general background for settings took a nosedive and the feats system for simple actions like a shield-bash is fucking stupid and I personally incorporate a number of feats as normal gameplay options or heavily tweak others.

What modern game models off of a tabletop rpg? Name it please. The only one I can think of is pillars of eternity and granted that was shit, but it is not AAA.

Isn't that… Isn't that the point of a true rpg?

The SJW torrent washed through card games so fast that it didn't even turn heads.

that's because people who play Card games are already SJW's.

No, just like everywhere else the SJWs are a really fucking loud minority.

Indeed it did.

Nips, jews, bad news.

Of course not, they're just trying to live long, fulfilling lives. How's that transgender suicide rate by the way?

poker is not a modern game user. I am talking about Modern board games.

yet you cucks let them walk all over your balls because you agree with their liberal egalitarian values.

People who play monopoly are a lesser form of life than even the SJW.

But I didnt and I do not

It doesn't work like that.

Everyone knows Spaceopoly is the superior game anyway. Protip: buy all the moons of Jupiter. It makes it a bitch and a half for other players to circle around the board without paying you all their (((Federation))) dollars.

You're playing a roll and move game from 114 years ago that was only designed as a piece of anti-capitalist propaganda, has little in term of meaningful decisions, and is typically played with house rules that remove what little depth there is to the game (no auctions, no trading) and artificially extend it for no good reason (money under free parking).
You'd better fucking believe it works like that.

Playing a shitty game doesn't make me worse than trannies m8.

I went to my gaming news site of choice (don't worry, no SJW shit) and saw the headline.

And then I went on with my day as if nothing happened. Card game. Dota. Who gives a fuck?

All vaporware until they show something. They were "working on" episode 3 at some point, too. Doesn't mean anything.

This is supposed to be a positive thing?

Continuing to sustain the single shittiest, most prevalent thing that an industry has ever produced over a century later certainly does.
I mean think about it. Even the games SJWs are shitting up were better than Monopoly. Where's that put you?
That's right. Below them.

The whole RPG genre?
Yes, and that doesn't translate well into video games at all. In a video game you expect full control of the character, if they die than it is you that have failed, if they win it is your own victory.

Nigger I have an old monopoly and play that shit with friend over when we are bored. You are way too autistic about nothing.

Wasn't the first edition of the game 82 years ago?

Ok you are being too strict with the term Modern now. If you are playing a board game created after around the years 2012-2013 you are likely an SJW.

yes you do, you love it when SJW's step on your liberal balls.

I got this.

The first published version, yes, but the game itself is even older.

Even that statement shows it. Monopoly is something you play "when you're bored". People play real games because they want to, not because the power is out.

smhtbhfam
hasbro.com/common/instruct/TrumptheGame.PDF

I fail to see whats your point. I agree that its bad.

Alright explain how? If I single handidly could have kept SJWs out of magic could I have done the same with vidya? Please enlighten us with your secret strategy because im sure other anons here would love for the SJWs to fuck off too

Get cancer faggot.

user, you are just grasping at straws. You clearly love SJW's in magic and in vidya which is why you are cucking extra hard to white knight for them existing in your hobby.

just save yourself the trouble and play Yugioh for free, we have a thread usually, get in and don't pay to play.

wew

Oh shit son, you got three (you)s out of me.

no but anyone who enjoy's CY++ /tg/ related things is definitely a liberal tranny faggot SJW or cucked beta male.

it was my privilege

how'd you know

Holla Forums leave

Well tengu anyway.

no nigger, i'm /fur/

Nothing happened to Valve. They started out as wanting to be a video game company, made some half assed first person shooter shit, then found out they can make more money by becoming a digital video game distributor. Valve is garbage and I haven't used it for years and I only play video games on my PC, but even them releasing a card game is no surprised. This is the same shit as Blizzard releasing Overwatch. Supply and demand, welcome to modern video games.

same shit

you're gonna be /dead/ if you post that gay ass shit again

Light yourself on fire and burn into a pile of ash please.

hey that reminds me

How does this cat make you feel?

Looks like she needs the big C

Like I want to fuck her stupid ass.

horny

tru kamarad

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks, I needed that laugh today.

Makes me feel good, knowning that retards like you still exsist.

That's were jews put their expansion paks, user

Holy shit, the degeneracy was so strong it fried his brain.

Why didn't they just make a TGC with the steam trading cards? The potential is there, but there's no talent or willpower, is there?

Like I want some bread but don't feel like standing in a line.

cant wait

As others have already said, it would be a licensing nightmare.

Porky is jewish and you know it Holla Forums

gommies ged oud :DDDD

Is there a Artifact version of this?
The second webm is the original so it can be used as a template

store.steampowered.com/app/391240/Forgotten_Lore/
it was also made by some guy on Holla Forums, he once made a thread asking people to post their steam IDs and everyone that did actually got a copy of the game

Ready for some rage fuel?

dota 2 is fun

(((Gordon Freeman))), what else could you expect?

Does it still only have one map?

I can't believe this is the same company that made HL2.
I know there are mixed opinions about it on this board, but they at least had some idea what they were doing back then. They've actively ruined good games and series by forcing unfunny humour and retcons where they aren't necessary. GLaDOS went from an evil, sarcastic bitch to "I'm a potato XD". They added a backstory that ruined her character and changed her personality.
They have no filter anymore. They do whatever they want with no regard to it being in line with -or even how it will affect- their previous decisions

The opening of HL2 has more effort and artistic restraint in it than anything Valve has done in the past six years.

In short they don't have put in effort anymore. They got oodles of money from being the walmart amazon of pc games.

Yeah, but I wish I had even more

I never said they were an accurate representation of the hobby.
I said that those are a mean to an end and from thereit will infect everything else.

I got this, but really there needs to be a commie cat trainer visual novel. Train her to a dime a dozen cock addicted whore, snobish an-cap, or the humble waifu material jew hating fascist.

Forgot that one
but that one is vanilla and not degradation
Also, good idea, but for now I could stick to porn, which I should really comission.

Fuck your hyperbole. Portal 2 did have problems with how it was written (mainly that it tried to hard to be funny, became too overblown and tf2-like and lost sight that a big part of the Portal 1's charm was the bleak atmosphere and not just the humor). But the potato thing was pretty much just "Glados is helpless now and needs your help".

“Why would I want to help something that has done nothing but enslave and attempt to murder me?”

Form a story with other people mainly, roleplaying your characters and having them fulfill goals and ambitions individually and as a group.

The other reason is to create interesting scenarios and encounters people can't quite do in a video game. The problem is there's a level of abstraction in gameplay on top of it's mechanics that video games can't match. You can make use of solutions in TTRPGs such as D&D that aren't supported without a lot of programming and physics works. Some examples are present in some video games, but are generally limited in scope.

Basic examples: throwing flour in a room to reveal invisible enemies, using glue paper to smash a window without making much noise, throwing marbles on the ground to trip people up, filling barrels with black powder and using a a trail of blackpowder to set it alight when enemies approach/to break down walls, dousing oil on enemy's armour stealthily before your allies set off the attack to make your wizard's fireball set them on fire, using sovereign glue on a chair when negotiating with a mark who has the goods you need but is liable to escape when he sniffs your ploy, using rope for a variety of things such as setting up traps and alarm systems/ climbing up and down places/ as support for moving heavier objects you wouldn't be able to normally/ for lifting up heavy objects via the rope such as your horse (to climb mountains or fortresses), Pocket Sand, etc.

There's plenty more that you can do that won't be present in video games for a long time coming, these were just the ones I thought of off the top of my head, and enemies can pull off smart ambushes with similar tactics and use anything you can think of against you if your GM is good enough.

What?

She literally says "I'm a potato" in the game.
They could have done it in so many other ways.
She could have been transferred directly into the Portal gun itself.
She could have been transferred into a small electrical device you carry around.
She could have been transferred into a robot similar to Atlas or P-body.
Instead they intentionally took the "LuL sO RaNdUmb" route for the sake of comedy instead of sticking with the theme. Like I said, Valve has no filter, they recklessly do whatever they want instead of making careful choices like they use to.

Don't even get me fucking started on Wheatley, he alone ruins the entire tone of the game.

That's an argument for playing PnP RPGs, his post was more about video game RPGs. The last game that had a decent amount of freedom was that new Zelda game (mechanically not because it was an open world game). Which in turn made the dungeons into glorified block puzzles, since you can glide, climb, and float around everything if you got the resources.

>you will never take her to your private range and let her fire your glock while bouncing on your "glock"

Because logically they both wanted to take Wheatley out. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The real problem is how potato Glados is so useless they cut her out entirely too often and only bring her back to tell you that she was once human. Or other plot related shit. They just needed something to fill dead air, but only sometimes.

cum and get me faggots ;)

What is that red circle supposed to mean?

It's supposed to imply the same exact couch that the chick was literally fucking on.

No shit.
I'm asking about why that area is important.
I mean I don't see anything special there.

He's talking about all the not-warcraft lore in Dota 2 that was written on the back of a napkin. For instance how they wrote for not-pitlord and not-wind runner. The biggest case was when Leoric Skeleton King was too close for Blizzards taste to Diablo, so Leoric had to be rewritten to be a Wraith King. A similar case happened with Venomancer and the Hydralisks from Starcraft, but in that instance it was just a redesign.

*to Diablo Leoric

so they turned a big bonehead into the flying Dutchman from Spongebob?

Basically, the entirety of the Dota 2 roster except for one character is based off of Blizzard heroes in Dota 1 so the entire game is just one big rewrite of Blizzard properties. We are now using said ripped off Blizzard lore to make a rip off of a Blizzard card game.

wait, did they changed venomancer design again? i havent played in 2 years, but i still have mousepad with bananamancer

Not again. The current one is still the spooky snake.

L-lewd….

ahh, right right

I kinda want to see Blizzard sue Valve over it, just to watch the two fanbases duke it out.

Monkey king was on warcraft 3

For double the price, but when the vive came out it was double the product because roomscale. It's of course less true now because it's not really exploited and Facefuck(™) went in that direction later.

Underage detected. DotA Allstars uses character concepts not only from WC3 but also from mythology and anime. Valve gets around the copyright by making knockoffs of the Warcraft characters but ending up with something better because they can create original designs that only look like the WC3 models, or in some cases like Rubick the designs are original and actually pretty good.

Heroes of Newerth did this as well with the heroes that were ports of DotA.

I think Space Hulk and Chess.

D-Day tabletop? Looks neat.

Tabletop games are as a general rule far less pozzed than video games. They further have the distinct advantage of not being hard-coded - you can do whatever you want with them. Even something like nuDnD can be used, if you like the mechanics, but don't like all of the bullshit involved in the fluff.

Of course, all of that is rendered pointless by the simple fact that there's no reason to play any of the new shit. The OSR exists for a damned good reason - old-school RPGs had better design, and more importantly, they had a design which was simultaneously simple enough that a child can play, while elaborate enough that you can do a lot more with it. It's a dramatic contrast to something like 4E, which throws a massive fucking rulebook at you.

But the most important part is this - with the OSR, you don't use a system. You take a system, and others like it, and make the thing that works best for you and your players. That's what makes it so much fun to GM for, and in turn, makes it more fun for your players.

Let's look at Metzner D&D. The game has seven classes - Fighter, Magic-User, Cleric, Thief, Elf, Dwarf, and Halfling. Good ability scores make your XP rise faster. The demi-humans need higher ability scores to get those bonuses, but have more advantages. Each class has things the others can't do. The game uses simple dice-throw mechanics, and comes with a "CYOA" style starter adventure to teach you the rules. The Expert, Companion, Master, and Immortal kits all add more stuff, to keep advancing your characters in levels. It's a lot of stuff - but it grows along the way. It was designed for kids to be able to play it, but had a huge amount of stuff available for use.

Compare that to 5E. You have a plethora of racial and class options to mix and match, all manner of feats and shit to pick up, and everything operates under an insane sort of "balance" for abilities and stuff which only means that, inevitably, you have a huge imbalance in terms of classes and the like, and a sort of "meta" that develops. There in meta in Metzner Basic, except the sort of shit you'd read in On War - Fighters and Dwarves are your Infantry (you need them), Magic-Users and Elves are your Artillery (you need them to get real damage out, but you have to be prepared to operate without them, and you need to protect them if you have them), Halflings and Thieves are your Cavalry (more mobility, and can take care of things that other classes can't, but also the most easily dispensed with), and Clerics are your backup/support. A well-rounded party works best, and team dynamics, rather than individual character builds, define the meta.

They ain't makin' dick unless it comes with complimentary blowjobs and steak. Hearthstone -just- pushed new content. It's revitalized just in time to shut Artifact down in advance. Hell, won't even have lewd things like Shadowverse.

Isn't that all shit you can do in Dwarf Fortress?

As everyone has stated, distribution is both easier and more profitable.
If a company can find the path of least resistance, they will. Look at Rockstar and GTA now, V has barely anything in its SP and the campaign is comically short and lackluster, GTA Online is the way because microtransactions are the way, why have a one time profit making a satisfying single player experience full of meaningful content if you can pump out more money by adding effortless crap to a broken online game where kids spend their parents' credit cards constantly? Same with Valve, making a game would be a waste of time unless it's something like this that can rake in constant easy profit.

There's nothing new to say about Valve being sleeze, but unrelated, I have always felt weirded out by Gabe Newell ever since learning he keeps his office filled with giant knives. Does anyone remember how uncomfortable that Giant Bomb segment was? lol

my 28 inch knife says hello

Daily reminder to pirate Half-Life 3 if it comes out before your death.

That's a sword, dude. Not a knife.

Post pics

Maybe he is australian you rascist

Don't own a camera, do have a constantly-changing IP, couldn't find the exact model online. This is pretty close. I keep it at the head of my bed and my shotgun at the foot of my bed.

Also, THIS is my sword. I'm large and strong enough to use it as a longsword.

Hard to tell the scale, but it looks like it wanted to be a claymore but ran out of metal half way.

70 inches total

So that's a REALLY long hilt then, about 2 feet.

You mean the two fanbases cheer blizzard on?

pssht you call that a sword???
THIS is my sword

kek

WOW it looks like what call of duty 4 on PC managed 10 fucking years ago

People already fucking do that. Look at peoples' steam profiles, see how many games they buy, play like 20 minutes of, and never touch again. Look at games with progress-based achievements' global stats and see how few people even get the very first progress achievement.

It's like they want you to turn into a faggot.

I don't understand.

Were you not around when Heroes of the Storm was announced? People seriously didn't know that the abomination unit came from Warcraft 3 and that it was a DOTA original.

That's not even remotely the same sword. That's not even the same handedness.

Wait Scrolls actually came out? I had no idea.

It's the product photo from the site that I bought it from.
Are you one of those guys that can't tell the difference between a spear and a halberd?

fuck wrong image

fuck it i'm going to bed

Didn't some celebrities play D&D to make it popular? It'll be dead by next year.
Mostly because the chunk that likes the numbers will move to better systems, and the majority that just wants to do shitty RP will just not have a system at all eventually.

Actually someone should publish a book that boils down to 'Roll a die and ask your DM what happens'. That shit will sell like hotcakes.

Microtransactions is unfortunately the future of video games. It's the sole reason Activision/Blizzard stays afloat and is even raking in massive amounts of shekels. That and the manipulation of laws through lobbying for tax havens.

Anyone using the word 'entitled' as a pejorative is basically screaming "Shit directly down my gullet!" to the forces they cheerlead for.

Valve is dead, it was dead a long time ago. The "devs", if there are actually any devs left anymore in there, have no leadership, they don't know how to get shit done. Last year the writers of Half-Life and this year the writers of Portal have left the company. That's basically confirms that Valve is DEAD, the Valve of 2006 is completely dead. Gaben might as well be a mascot of the company, look how he aged and tie it together with the health of "his" company.