Damascus Gear

So hows this game?
Just got a PC/PS4 release an a Dungeon Crawler with Mechs sounds pretty good.

Yes, please.

Oh shit I remember hearing about this before.
I've yet to play it yet but here's a link.
1:#!p2QR1RqB!TQhhhi2cZO8RLG7r1VKuX-_7IU3iGWlkmTGnOwTU7Os
2:#!Az5j0bTD!UvbXtAY76xVZFmImGb_hzFAZnuiIRthPkuN5qCBWHNE
They're mega links you fucking moron

Looks pretty horrible to be quite fucking honest famalam.

Multiplayer mode could have really made this Diablo 2 with mechs but I'll give it a shot

I agree, it's an eyesore to look at. I couldn't sit through it, but that's not to say the gameplay might be good.

Is that the wrong way to say isometric ARPG?

Agreed, it just looks really unappealing.

Does it run at 60 fps?

The conceptual difference between isometric ARPG (Diablo 2) and real time dungeon crawler (Diablo 1) is world design.
First type has sprawling open maps with short dungeons in them, while second type only has a handful of dungeons, sometimes just one or two, that just keep going down. Or up, if it it's some tower.

It may sound autistic but I like to distinguish the two. Diablo 2, Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn are ARPGs.
Diablo 1, Torchlight 1 and something like Baroque are dungeon crawlers.
I dunno which kind is Damascus Gear as I haven't played it yet.

It's a port of portable game, of course it looks like shit. I wish pre-rendered graphics didn't fade away decades ago.

Nice, thanks user
but I'll stick to a magnet file since its quicker

In the first 10 minutes I can say you this much.
Port is shit
Can't say how does it do on AMD cards.
And by random I mean when you stand still doing nothing or when portraits with dialogue pop up. So they are actually random, not just game being unable to process its assets.

Production values are shit
>no voice acting at all whatsoever might be a good thing tbh

Gameplay is NOT diablo with mechs
Dunno about loot system yet, but combat works kinda like 3D valken clone, or rather top down valken clone, since there is no jump and I assume no verticality whatsoever. Everything is flat as Princess Suzuka, so it's effectively a 2D game with 3D graphics.
You hold down shoot button and you will keep shooting in a direction you were looking at, so in order to change shooting angle you need to release shoot button first. There is also some auto-aiming thing going on and no option to disable it.
So it's not clicker and not twin stick shooter in any way.
There is also no hit rate/dodge stats, everything 100% hit if touches hitbox, therefor game has dedicated dodge button. I can't say if there are invul frames yet, but I assume there aren't, which moves it even further from any sort of "diablo" game.

IS THE GAME GOOD?
Can't tell yet, I only played a couple of tutorial missions and they were mostly done by AI partners that are at least as powerful as you, if not more, and actively seek out and destroy enemies. You can do nothing and get S rank.
Then again those are tutorial missions and may not represent actual flow of the game.

Mech design is very basic and reminds me of early armored core games and front mission franchise. Which is good in my book.
I however can totally see them growing wings, booster and antennae towards the end.

No, fuck you lazy bastards.

If I like the game enough to not refund it in 2 hours I might make some. So far the only thing that can salvage it is gameplay - interesting weapons and enemies. I hope it will give those to me, otherwise it's not worth playing.

Fucking Arcsys

I've played a bit further than that on the Vita and that about fits my impressions. You do get some big weapons later on, and AIs will get their asses handed to them by bosses. Partially because bosses are tanky as fuck from what I played.

Sick fucking graphics.
I might this might as well be PS1 game. Though I'm no graphics whore and game at least looks consistent. Either way:
Loot has random passive AND active abilities.
For example one laser rifle has charged shot ability which, as you have guessed, lets you do charged shot. While identical rifle without such ability can't be charged.
Or sword with combo+1 allows you to do 3 hit combo instead of standard 2 hit one.
So I guess loot system is indeed similar to diablo.
All parts are properly reflected on robot model as well. Good shit.

AI companions are actually useless pieces of shit when budapest gets bombarded. Edgy kid was murdered by a huge horde of standard enemies he rushed into, and mentor girl was one shotted by big red boss laser canon, so I had to dance with this fucker alone.
It wasn't difficult, but it's also the very first boss, so I assume things will escalate quickly.
However this didn't affect the story in any way, I guess it is assumed they eject despite saying something about "muh time has not yet… argh…"

Well so far I'm liking it. It has old school feel and look to it, as I said it might as well be a PS1 game, but some of the best games ever made are PS1 games, including mech games such as Armored Core 1, Omega Boost or Future Cop. Though I think Future Cop was also on PC, but not sure.
This one might fit right among them, if not for shitty portraits.

They fucked up the latest Blazblue port didn't they? Assumingly because of it running on new engine, but that's not fucking excuse.
Did they unfuck it by now, or you still need to smear sprites in filters to hide that they don't scale properly with resolution?
What a fucking mess that one.

Yeah tutorial boss instantly destroyed supposedly super powerful party member. It is good.

Glad I still have the Vita version then, thanks user.

Been playing around with it enough to reach C class missions.
Fun enough, but repetitive.
AI partners can be useful but in the end all rests on you, specially on stages with bossfights.
A common misconception with the first boss, the red huge one, is that it proves your AI partners to be useless. It's because it's designed to effectively oneshot with the laser cannon it has. Once you defeat it, you get the laser cannon as the "Back" set of equipment at the dock menu.
Graphics are PSP, early Vita levels of quality and it shows.
Mech designs are Armored Core/Front Mission tier, as said.
Gameplay wise, it's not Diablo 2 at all, 3cd9e3 is a faggot for saying so. It's more of an isometric Hack'n'Slash/Shoot with pseudo-autotargetting, the game targets for you as long as you look towards your enemies and locks on to whichever the reticule is on when you fire until it's dead and switches to the next.
I'd buy it for lower than 10bux.
Also
Steam's clauses for refunding are retarded, 2 hours may be enough for some games, but for most it's not and you should have thought of some other way to get the game before buying.

Also there IS apparently dodge/hitrate state after all, and once I saw "miss" word appearing over my mech, assuming mob missing me because of those stats.
So it's not all that hitbox based and there is a bit of diablo in there after all.
Still it doesn't functionally play as one.
It's also not a really dungeon crawler as far as I can tell, as all missions are predetermined and hand crafted, only random shit in there being loot.
Unless there is some dungeon mode unlocked after beating the games, since you can't access "hero creation" thing initially. It might be it.

You are 100% correct. It's just me being huge mechafag and still not completely disappointed in Arcsys as a publisher. Though they were doing terrible job as of late.
Actual developer of this appears to be some "A+ games" as its logo appears before title screen, but everywhere on the internet developer listed is Arcsys.

ArcSys didn't publish Centralfiction though, that was another company that licensed the IP from them.

And yes, the port is indeed unfucked.
So much so that a shitton of people bought it and it went top seller with like 10% discount.

Though I'm still in Xrd haters camp I feel better that my money for DG didn't go to Hack2.
All is well in the world.
Also I think A+ games were doing either porting or localizing or some other post production job after all, since their portfolio is pretty modest.
I mean there some terrible typos and errors and outright engrish in there.

Another thing that irks me is the complete lack of walking animation.
Your mech either dashes or dashes fast. Nothing screams more loudly "we have no budget lol" than complete lack of walking animations. This alone makes game look a lot cheaper. Even PS1 games all had proper animations for walking.
Except for Omega Boost I guess.

Still there is Damascus Steel 2 in the works, so hopefully it will be more polished game and my purchase will help it pave its way to PC.

What a faggot.

W-what is TCP/IP?