Team Fortress 2 Vintage: v3 SOON edition

Recent news
VERSION 2.5 RELEASED, LINK IN DOWNLOADS

TF2V, what is it?
TF2V is a "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2 without the visual clutter and bloat. The only QoL additions is Pyro's airblast and the Engineer building carry. As well as additions of stock gamemodes such as Payload, KotH and Arena

Downloads
Full game:
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

Mirrors:
Current full build (V2.5): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUONmhiMXF5VjJVbUk
Current patch (V2R1 to V2.5): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOa3VXd2d6NFEtcWM
Current Server files (V2.5): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZVRBMVlXVWRiVFE

TF2V GIT REPO
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

DED GAME LOL
The game has been seeing a rise in popularity and with the moddb's page going up and interest increasing it's taking off. Not anywhere near as popular or well known as TF2 yet, but still up there

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOTEdoVFhoQXY3a1E
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOeWZud2IzbHpOUmM
github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base
mega.nz/#!kzgmlYjD!JL_ZkKu9D97c6n3kqUfIvBW_whWfEsCO9ouDAu2vboE
files.catbox.moe/xy03dc.zip
files.catbox.moe/uzugs4.zip
memesystem.party:30000/tf2vintage/fastdl/
mega.nz/#!4Op3WZKC!Qyw8yO7CGeIsiRjJAxTWGVIBYMIkLesj04I0-D53vRc
mega.nz/#!dOITXYDR!V_SOZGJZPf8L6v8HGbqbo7GrSwKkYTFotKLPiyGJW2k
gamebanana.com/maps/78729
gamebanana.com/maps/185096
gamebanana.com/maps/153641
gamebanana.com/maps/119414
gamebanana.com/maps/189875
gamebanana.com/maps/91575
tf2maps.net/threads/turbine-re-artpass.18985/
mega.nz/#!TYlUiSQb!kEE_2NyUDFJuv91Z8fSPBHWhMUYIJz7sDIeHNENtt5U
mediafire.com/file/tbvqa2r0y0b2dxb/resource.7z
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/reviews
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/List_of_maps
mega.nz/#!1LBwUahT!SadokXdb6fbwwt_5iMQqs0wE2t_cLdvMYy_2ytVKa80
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_2013
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:

1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM

Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )

2. TF2V from OP.

3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4

In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.

Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.

Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.

Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.

That's it, make sure everything works.

You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help

Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous

Self explanatory.

Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

IN CASE LINKS OIN OP FOR G DRIVE MIRRORS ARE BROKEN

V2R1 to V2.5 PATCH

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOTEdoVFhoQXY3a1E

V2.5 FULL

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOeWZud2IzbHpOUmM

the stretched header on the moddb page looks retarded

make one that looks nice as the header then :^)

still can't figure out why spy HUD is missing. went back to a base TF2C build, and only changed the convars for the muzzle flashes and the other "beta" options and it was still omitted from the build

Anyone know the dimensions for the moddb banner?

950x150

Don't forget the fugging
Servers
Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN
74.91.123.198:27015
memesystem - Team Fortress 2 vintage
173.17.10.105:30001

give me the patch

9 dudesters are playing right now, come join

getting this whenever my sentry gets attacked

Set models to medium for now.

it's dead again jim
where did 6 people even dissapear to?

If you could port TF2 onto a different game engine, which one would you choose?

gamebryo

Any reasons?

Where is V3?
Why aren't there items?
When will you make it so I can install Linux server files just by thinking about it hard enough?

Coder user, if you can try to get the spy issues patched up for the TF2V code this weekend or next weekend then V3 can be released in time for the gamenight on the 26th. If the spy fixes aren't there yet in time for V3 by about the 21st, I may upload resort to uploading V2.9 to use during the gamenight.

Never ever, general agreement is items won't be a focus until the core gameplay's not fucked (I personally vouch for that user making server-settings so that "muh stock" anons and "muh items" anons are both satisfied), and if you'd just install Gentoo already all will be revealed in due time

Are people on right now?

what exactly is the spy issue? I don't notice anything on my V3 build

No cloak meter on the HUD, and spy's mask returns as an error.

i will be waiting for version three to start playing.

I can't figure out why the spy is like that. and why it's only spy. someone else needs to take a look at it because I'm 100% stimped

something something server files

Also Try taking a look at the obj files there might be something fucky in there. I'm starting to think it is the code since recompiling v1 had the issues. it might be my compile

— Missing Vgui material hud/powerup_shield
— Missing Vgui material hud/powerup_speedboost
— Missing Vgui material hud/powerup_cloak
— Missing Vgui material hud/powerup_ragemode
— Missing Vgui material hud/powerup_critdamage

Those are for DM mode though? Ragemode was a literal ripoff of berserk mode from Doom.

gonna rebuild without those pointers see if it changes anything. but I'd like someone else to look into this

let's play some vidya

k

And nothing I dunno. I'm gonna experiment and build a set of binaries with whats in devanon's git without changing any of the variables. I think it might be my VBS causing the issue as I've had times where after building I'll go to rebuild after a few more changes only to have it start spewing errors based off of a issue with microsoft's own files

we've got people, now let's kill eachother

4v5

These drive links don't work. except the full 2.5 link.

grab from moddb then.

So I'm seeing mentions in the code of a file named HUD_Textures.txt

No idea where to find it. Still not seeing any issues and I've been pouring over the spy stuff since obviously the watch has ties to thje cloak meter but I dunno

Also a non-code issue. But sniper when crouched idle is Tposed or one of the crouched animations leads to a Tpose

rip

While trying to figure out how to fix Spy in the independent TF2V code variant, I accidentally fixed a few extra bugs in the process. I know it's been a while since I've done any hotfixes and I'm going to dump them all at once so here's a teaser of V2.9/V3.

Also, if it helps at all, here is the source code available for TFPort just in case you want to check their code over.

github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base

why is the person behind this mod releasing the game in this state if its so god damn broken?

the game works. the "broken" bits are minor it's mostly graphical stuff. stuff like payload is because payload didn't natively exist in TF2 till 2009

where is V3 ?

Here's another small glitch fixed. A lot of the stock maps seem to have minimal or no errors at all at this point, so if anons can find errors with models or textures in maps it'll make 2.9/3.0 that much nicer. Suijin, King and Highpass were already taken care of earlier today

So I've been looking and it seems the meter does exist. I think it's calls to spy itself. they did a lot of fuckery with spy's files so I dunno if transplanting code from TFPort will work. and the cloakmeter is actually in v3. I removed the mention of it in .res file associated with hud elements and booting up VintageXperimental it threw out calls that said that calls for cloakmeter were missing from the resource file. Meaning it's there, just not tied to where it should be.

Restoring it I booted Xperimental back up and tried to reload the HUD. It confirmed something. The spy class itself is having the issue. I need to look more into this and see if the hud calls are missing from the player class or what. I'll have to make a few more tests which I have planned. but my theory right now is since TF2C's spy code is a fucking nightmare it's already fucked spy and something on my end on compile is fucking up and omitting it

What version are the servers on? You guys will be on tonight right?

v2.5

v3 uses new client and server files

also seems Holla Forumsintage fun is dead. memesystme still has those animation issues. actually it has a lot of issues

SERVER IS KILL

lol tf2 sux

i killed it until we get leenux libraries

for what v3? already have those. and they're tested working. only issue left is spy's cloak hud and masks being fucked. it looks like 2.9 might be the next release

2.5 Server Edition is fucked, I tested it out and my server had some strange as fuck physics like that. I'd recommend using V2.5 full for servers.

We have linux libraries now, but Spy has some major issues that need to be fixed before V3 can be released. V2.9 is highly likely going to be the next release if the binaries for V3 can't be figured out by a week from now.

Duly noted.

So we're not playing tonight because of release issues?

we can still play

The issue is just there's some code that prevents v3 from happening

Where's the server, serveranon?
You'd said there'd be a server, serveranon.

I don't host any servers

So what's the fucking situation?

But the botched move to v3 means we don't have a server?

Current release is 2.5, right now there's the coding part (Zgok) and the polishing (devanon) being worked on for V3. Depending on how fast the binary can get fixed, there are two ways the mod can release.

Devanon build with Zgok binaries will be used for TF2V V3 will go live and be the version used for gamenight.

Devanon build will be used in TF2V and released as V2.9 for use in gamenight while still using the TF2C binaries.

What the community can do now is go through the map rotation and find broken textures and models to polish and fix and they'll be fixed in V2.9/V3 release.

Right.
The only server up at the moment is memesystem, so I don't know if that's where we are going to test or what.

Why go to all this trouble when you could just host a server running the original Team Fortress? It's not like TF2 is superior in any of its incarnations.

I'm not sure why there is only one server up, it seems the open release of V3RC1 publicly fractured the servers and players. By getting some time in the development oven before V2.9/V3 a much stable and refined version of TF2V can be released. The silver lining of a V2.9 release is that when V3 drops it's a near hotfix in size.

where's the furry daycare server?

still a v2 server.

Pretty much. V3RC1 was my fault for trying to get it out without realizing it fucked over the servers which relied on linux. I really wish I had someone else pouring over my builds to help find the cause of issues. Especially when I lack any real experience with C++ and doing this because I wanted to take a crack at it

I think servers still need the models to calculate hitboxes and physics correctly. I'll toss them back onto memesystem tonight and see if that fixes anything.

V3 had only Windows binaries, but both Holla Forumsintage fun and memesystem run on the SUPERIOR operating system. I tried building the binaries myself, but I think I built from the wrong repo so the v3 client wasn't able to connect to my server. The binaries need to be compiled from the exact same source code in order for the client to be able to connect to the server; this is the main reason why I want Devanon to do the release Linux builds instead of me. If he builds every version at the same time, then there's less chance of a version conflict.
On top of that, whoever is working on TF2V needs to pick a single repo and stick with it. They need to set up a monthly/biweekly staging branch that anyone can pull from if they want to test the server/client for a future version. This is also why automated build scripts are important. Remember, the client and server versions need to be exact, so testing daily builds is out of the question.

More stuff coming in another post from another ID.

Some more shit to consider:
When you build the server/client or release a new build, you shouldn't overwrite the config files. For example, on the server, I have:
When you make a new build or try to update a server to a new version, these files will get overwritten unless you manually back them up. I suggest renaming these files to something like server_default.cfg. If you try to start the server without a server.cfg file, the program should copy server_default.cfg to server.cfg and use that. If server.cfg already exists, don't touch it.
In terms of automating builds, I would look into setting up a simple Jenkins server on a virtual machine. When you want to test a new build, tell Jenkins to pull the repo and build it across various machines running different OSs. Linux and MacOS are straightforward ssh commands, Windows might require Powershell.

while I don't think anything changes in config you'd have to change any TF2C created convars to reflect or else you'd have to set them all over again.

Also no idea how to do any of that other stuff

One more thing: stop uploading the files to shitty Javascript-ridden sites like Google Drive or moddb. If you absolutely can't find another host, use Mega. It's very difficult to do a simple wget on a download link that requires an interactive web page. At least with mega, I can use megatools for command line downloading.

Putting it back on mega I can do. I think it's just good to keep it on moddb because it can reach more people

Yeah keep updating moddb, it shows up on google so steam friends can join without a link to the thread

V3 changes some cvars, so you'll need to make a new set of .cfgs for it. I understand being mad about a new set of files overwriting but you should always back up essential configs each patch. In addition, this patch should be the last major patch for a while.

Originally it was uploaded to MEGA but people had issues with MEGA. I'll stick 2.9/3.0 on Drive and MEGA for next release.

That's if we can figure out whats wrong. and I've been reduced to looking for someone who actually knows C++ in my circle of friends to try and find the cause of the issue

Memesystem is fugged too, you can reload at sanic speeds and many animations are broken.

yeah meme system needs to be fixed a lot of the animations and whatnot are broken on it

I'll set up a temp server just until the other servers get fixed.

Is there a way to see playercounts without launching the game?

dunno

get in here

Get in where?
Vintage fun is down.

TF2V 2.5 Temp Server

o-oh.
Mind posting the IP for revemu users?

104.228.168.228:27015

(((Steam))) validation rejected.
Y-you too.

Tribes map when?

delet this

Im downloading this so i can play with you faggots, but why does it use scr files?

it doesn't if your downloading from the gitrepo you're downloading the source code for the mod. the git is just code.

Not my server. sappy and RLDR know how to fix it but rl seems mia and sappy has to fix memesystem.

I'm tired and should be in bed I'm taking one last look at spy code and can't figure out what went wrong. Also been stripping out GRN and YLW some more. trying to dummy them out of code I dunno what it does or remove pointers to them altogether.

Im downloading from moddb. Is that bad?

no how the src folder got in there is beyond me I gotta start repackaging them if that's the case

No, screensaver files, not source files.

Use a text editor, it's a strange format they save those files in.

Is there a way to check what build I'm running?

isnt this mod controlled by a tranny? arent there hats? if yes go away

TF2C is. TF2V is made by a handful of Holla Forums anons pissed off with the direction of TF2C that wanted good TF2 and not OC Fanfiction TF2.

Nope. Currently is stock only with class BoPs to weapons to occur once the game is polished up. Most of the game is polished outside of a few hiccups which should be fixed when the actual V3 drops whenever.

must've mixed it up then.

tranny got fired over a year ago

so that's one problem down out of the rest of them.

still got that shitty OC crap tacked on. no real fixes to the actual gamemodes. a discord circlejerk. a dead player base, and a hugbox forum they center development around which ensures nothing but dick stroking

Both of the patches have 404 errors and I can't find the servers.
Ded game?

3rd post in and the correct Gdrive mirrors are there. not to mention moddb links work

Yeah I checked the third post in m8 the patch link is dead.

serveranon decided to no longer host the server 'til linux happens.
NEVER EVER

Well it is a fork of TF2C to be fair, it's an easy mistake to make.

that's weird. just get it from moddb if you'r downloading fresh you only need 2.5FULL anyways

v3 has linux. the only issues now are just spy hud and mask

I can't fix memesystem without a MEGA or otherwise static download for V2.5. The server doesn't have a desktop environment on it, so I can't use (((Google))) Drive or Moddb since their download forms are interactive.

On that note, I'm taking memesystem down for now until that link shows up. If the server's as broken as it is, there's no point keeping it up.

working on uploading 2.5full to mega please be patient

Full what?
Revemu+tf2v+source?
Or just tf2v? Did something happen to the me-

Oh.

Coder user, I don't know if you already got this fixed in V3 but I found something that should be more easier in the code to fix.

You might want to remove the call to display CTFHudBetaStamp at vgui/main_menu/beta_stamp in the code. That will remove the annoying box in the top left corner on medium and low textures.

I'm doing up another HD patch for the game that is less shiny, so far it seems to be working. Just need to find someone to test one last part of engi I can't solo test.

should be easy. just delete the cpp and h file. I mean without pointers it can't be part of the hud. also are you a revemu user because I've never had the beta stamp issue

Nope, but I've been able to replicate the glitch by turning materials to medium or low. On high and Very High it's not there since it was replaced by an invisible texture as a workaround.

well that's a texture. I mean omitting it from compiled code. so without a pointer to it in both the coding and the hud .res file associated with it it can be removed. it has no other dependents in the files so I'm safe with deleting it

mega.nz/#!kzgmlYjD!JL_ZkKu9D97c6n3kqUfIvBW_whWfEsCO9ouDAu2vboE

2.5full for sappy

Plus it has no dependents in any of the .res files or anything, I can't find a call anywhere else but the binaries at this point.

once VBS actually wants to compile I'll get right on that.

server when

dunno. both server seem to be down

I put up my temp server again while the others get fixed. It's running 2.9b1 but that won't effect anything with 2.5 users. It's barebones but it'll do for now. Give VOIP a try in it, I switch on some unused code that was in V1 serverside which should affect all versions of TF2V in theory.

7 people right now

Thanks.
memesystem is back up now, running v2. I double-checked that pirated clients can still join, and they can.

Another thing we should look into regarding compression and fastdl:
Some of the maps, like cp_snowplow, are in a new bsp format that Valve pushed recently. Basically, they're pre-compressed bz2 files. I think we should look into converting the older maps to the new bsp format. Not only would this reduce the download size, it would also help server owners massively with fastdl.
Normally, the server would have the regular bsp files, and the fastdl server would serve bz2 files, the compression method Source uses to compress maps. This means that you're essentially storing two copies of the maps on your server (taking up disk space), and that you have to manually update the fastdl server with a bz2 archive every time you add a map (they're not synced). You can have the webserver send the raw bsp files, but those are larger, which takes up bandwidth and is longer to download.
If we convert the maps, a server owner can point the fastdl server at the same location that the server stores the maps. That way, when a new map is added to the server, it's also updated on the fastdl server, and it's already compressed.

wouldn't that require writing a method of reading these compressed formats? It's nice in practice but right now I have no real knowledge of C++ and a lot of my "help" has been shit tier, often times breaking things more often than making things work.

Still an interesting thing to look into.

Fuck, my game keeps crashing

It already exists, it's a part of Source Multiplayer 2013. cp_snowplow is an example of a compressed bsp. If you try to make a bz2 file out of it, the resulting archive will actually be larger.

Set models to medium

But can vintage itself read these file types? In any case I'll look into how to convert old maps to the new format

also I'm noticing vintage has a lot of code in place that isn't commented out but doesn't want to seem to execute

Sorry guys, game crashed. Gonna play later.

Vintage doesn't read the files. I explained this in the same post you replied to. Are you serious?
Anyways, you can convert the maps using the bspzip.exe program found in the bin directory of the Source SDK 2013 folder.
files.catbox.moe/xy03dc.zip

Ignore that download, it was missing FileSystem_Stdio.dll and bsppack.dll.
files.catbox.moe/uzugs4.zip
This download should work. More of a proof-of-concept than anything, place a bsp file next to gameinfo.txt and drag it onto convert.bat. It takes a long fucking time, but it works.

Using ctf_2fort as a test map, I shrunk the file from 63.2 MB to 22.3 MB, and the compressed map still worked in TF2 Vintage. This is about the same size you'd get from making a bz2 archive.
The main issue with converting the maps is that they won't be compatible with the old versions. If a server has the new, compressed map, and a client tries to join with the old, uncompressed map (or vice versa), the client will get a map differs error. If we go through with this (and I really think we should), we'd have to replace EVERY map for TF2V v3. This would be a perfect excuse to remove the custom maps from the main download and put them in a separate download.

Made a script to automate it, not bad.

that's actually impressive. only issue I see is adding custom maps to the server rotation would take effort on those who opt into this. since you'd have to download, convert, delete old ones

Is there anyone playing? When do you guys normally play?

when v3 is done

what the fuck, I want to play vidya

don't listen to him. people are playing on 2.5 but it's a "hey let's play" kind of thing.

broke my build even more now. selecting spy crashes the game

Don't hold your breath on a V3 release. The next version of TF2V won't actually be released until about the 21st or 22nd since it allows time to call up coders to debug the code and polish up the base game at the same time. V2.9 and V3 will be functionally identical outside of the binaries used.

Actually I just read some more documentation, this sadly only applies to fastdls. If you want to host it, you still need the .bsp to do it.

so basically hosts would be doubling space on the server for the sake of faster downloads?

Yes and no. From what I understand you use your .bsp on the server but then upload the .bz2 to your fastdl. This means it's really only useful for custom maps not shipped with the game.

No, part of the advantage of having a separate server would be not hosting it on the game server. One fastdl server could even be shared between all tf2v hosts.

would take collaboration between hosts

optional as I said. In any case, it's up to the server host whether they care about a bit of extra server space or lots of extra bandwidth serving uncompressed files.

Is there anyone who wants to play?

I'll play if anyone else does

No.
A fastdl server operator can choose to serve either the raw bsp or a bz2 archive.
The advantage of bz2 is that it's compressed, so the client downloads faster and the server uses less bandwidth. However, you need to store these bz2 files separately, so it takes up more disk space on the server.
The advantage of bsp is that a server operator can serve fastdl files directly from the game server using symlinks (for example, memesystem has /var/www/html/tf2vintage/fastdl -> /opt/src2013/tf2vintage/custom/fastdl, so when you access memesystem.party:30000/tf2vintage/fastdl/ you pull the same files the server uses). This means that not only do I save on precious disk space, when I put a new map on the server, it's automatically added to fastdl. Same with deleting, modifying, etc. The disadvantage is that these files are not compressed.
Converting the existing maps to the new bsp format would let me continue to use the symlinks while serving compressed files at the same time. Best of both worlds.

Except trying to boot up a bz2 on a server doesn't work, you need to have the .bsp in order to run the map. I already tried running a server using .bz2 maps and it refused to change levels to the .bz2 levels.

im down to clown

Im on the server, come join.

On it, give me a moment

And where are they stored, other than the fastdl? Is there a special place to put them in the tf2vintage folder to make them work?

On the fastdl server.
Fastdl is just a web server, like Apache or nginx. It's separate from the Source server.

Is there an issue?

I don't think VAC let's nosteam users connect

If you dont use steam you cant connect.

currently 3 goys

up to 5

server still is steam only

VAC doesn't do steam authentication though. If it did, revemu wouldn't be necessary.

wew, still we have 7 goys and itll switch to CTF soon

join memeserver 173.17.10.105:30001

4v4 ON CTF TURBINE

scratch that, 5v5

We got 10 people on

does this have working server browser? that is my problem with tf2c, i have no idea what to do with it and the bots are absolutely shit

browser works. bots I think are part of source 2013.

A working server browser with as many as two servers available at a time

a whole whopping two servers

they are different games

THat's twice as many that appear in the TF2C browser

oh right, almost forgot to post this

Good games this afternoon

good shit

hey is v3 out yet

Yo I'm freakin' famous over here!

This actually isn't too too bad of a sidegrade for shotgun, even if it's triggering as hell.

August 21st or 22nd based on if the code works. If it doesn't then 2.9 will be out at that time.

I need someone else to compile and test dlls of my compiled code because my VBS has started fucking up builds so badly it's breaking my experimental client. list of recent fuck ups

unless you've made more changes, why not just start from the clean repo again?

I do that every so often to test a possible fuck up with the current build. but something in VBS is causing issues

are people playing right now?

I'm downloading it right now and was wondering the same thing.

it looks like there's only one server up for me with zero players. I guess everyone starts playing after 3 judging by the threads.

no but I can get on

Holla Forumsintage fun is waiting for v3. Cyrllic character man said he'd had some programmer friends of him take a look at the code and see whats the issue.

3 PM EDT*

I'll be up for it in 15 minutes or so

right joining now

Game chrashed somehow for me.

set models to medium for now

5 people

Where were you when two autistic soldiers got stomped by the medic+heavy team of champions?

atleast it isnt coded in vodka

Does it use SteamAPI for servers? If not then probably not.

post the photoshoped version

I'm working on a unified options menu. since 2.5 removed the adv options. Trying to find a way to combine the two

I readded advanced options in 2.9, don't worry about it. I also added jingles as a regular option, changed some wording and fixed defaults. Also flag cap highlights are gone.

righto

Anyone wanna fug around in memeserver?
There's already a few people on even.

We got 6 currently

ehh, i'd rather play normal tf2. at least that has players

I took the liberty of converting both the stock maps and the additional maps added in v2. For the v3 release, please include only the stock maps. The other maps can be made available in another download link separate from the main one.
I also suggest keeping any resources ported from live TF2 in the custom/tf2_live folder so they're all in one place.
Stock converted maps:
mega.nz/#!4Op3WZKC!Qyw8yO7CGeIsiRjJAxTWGVIBYMIkLesj04I0-D53vRc
Other converted maps:
mega.nz/#!dOITXYDR!V_SOZGJZPf8L6v8HGbqbo7GrSwKkYTFotKLPiyGJW2k

By the way, memesystem will be using these maps when v3 drops. They are not compatible with the old maps. Just something to consider.

We're wise to your tricks around here, homosexual benjamin.

name one person named benjamin

How did you convert the .bsp into a compressed .bsp without making it into a .bz2?

Benjamin I of Constantinople (1871-1946)
Benjamin II (1818–1864), the pen name of a Romanian traveller
Pope Benjamin II of Alexandria (1327–1339), Coptic Pope
Benjamin (Khazar), ruler of the late 9th and early 10th centuries
Saint Benjamin (disambiguation), multiple people
Ben Affleck (b. 1972), American film screenwriter, director and actor
Benjamin Agosto (b. 1982), American figure skater
Ben Barnes (actor) (b. 1981), British actor, Prince Caspian
Ben Bernanke (b. 1953), former Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve
Benjamin Biolay (b. 1973), French singer, songwriter, producer and actor
Benjamin Britten (1913–1976), British composer
Benjamin Burnley (b. 1978) Lead singer of American rock band Breaking Benjamin
Benjamin Butler (1818–1893) American lawyer, politician, soldier and businessman
Benjamin Constant (1767-1830), Swiss-born French politician
Benjamin Constant (Brazil) (1836–1891), Brazilian general and politician
Benjamin Cutting (born 1987), Australian cricketer
Benjamin Disraeli (1804–1881), a 19th-century Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
Benjamin Franklin (1706–1790), one of the Founding Fathers of the United States
Benjamin Harrison (1833–1901), 23rd President of the United States
Ben Hogan (1912–1997), American professional golfer
Benjamin Kallos (b. 1981), American lawyer and politician
Benjamin Kimutai (b. 1971), Kenyan long-distance runner
Benjamin Leiner (Benny Leonard; the "Ghetto Wizard"; 1896-1947), American world champion lightweight Hall of Fame boxer
Benjamin Luxon (b. 1937), British baritone singer
Benjamin McKenzie (b. 1978), American actor
Benjamin Milam Teekell (1867-1942), American politician
Benjamin K. Miller (judge), American judge
Benjamin Mwangata (b. 1966), Tanzanian boxer
Benjamin Netanyahu (b. 1949) Israeli Prime Minister
Benjamin Nolot, American documentary filmmaker
Benjamin Okolski, American figure skater
Benjamin of Tudela, 12th-century Spanish rabbi
Benjamin Peltonen, Finnish recording artist, known mononymously as Benjamin
Benjamin Perrin, Canadian professor
Benjamin Wade (1800–1878), American lawyer and United States Senator
Benjamin Lee Whorf (1897-1941), American linguist, known for contributing to the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis
Benjamin Yusupov (b. 1962), Israeli classical composer, conductor and pianist
Benjamin Zephaniah, poet and writer
Benjamin Zhang Bin, mainland Chinese Manhua artist and illustrator
Benjamin Smoke, Canadian actor
Benyamin Sueb (1939-1995), Indonesian actor
Benjamin Tee, Singaporean scientist and innovator

why you, gay ben

Gabe please.

I removed the .bz2 from the filename and it just werked. How's that?

Actually I did, I realized the difference just now was the fact I was prepping the files up for fastdl, not to actually run them in native TF2V. I'll throw the compressed maps into TF2V and then a separate install for the .bz2 files for fastdl use.

We're still going.

So fortunately out of my idiocy I managed to write a script that automates the normal .bsp into the compressed .bsp and then compressing it further into a .bz2 file. The bad news is that this will take a whole to convert all the files but it will help out server owners for the 2.9/3.0 switch.

why are you such a dumb piece of shit
fuck the ID, phoneposting is a pain in the ass

please stop posting
just use the files I posted and stop

Some maps. Also I noticed the code for PL is there but it just doesn't want to see mt work. I don't think the gamelogic for the mode is implemented properly

I played around with it though, the .bz2 was very slightly smaller than the .bsp file when I was trying it out. It might be a small amount but when hosting a hundred maps or so even a small saving adds up.

stop fucking with the files you troglodyte they're already compressed

Nigger just make a .7z and poot it on the OP
It's not that difficult

8 people

Everyone else can suffer for all I care.

gamebanana.com/maps/189875

Can we also discuss fanmade mods and shit? Recently I've found a tf2 styled model, we don't get those often nowadays, but it was based on a tf2persona, what the fuck happened?

why did you post a faggot and what does this have to do with Vintage?

gamebanana.com/maps/91575
Tug of War PL map we need to play this

I got it all sorted out. When we get closer to the next major version I'll up the .7z maps for server anons to upload to their fastdls. Still doing more polishing up of the 2.9/3.0 build to trim fat out.

we should remove the 4 team menu .res files too since we don't need em. if VBS wants to play nice after we fix the spy cloak meter I can also trim out the merc colour shit

I always interpereted that as him being some kind of demon or beast.

That's what it always has been.
The give her a try thing was put in to make fun of people who give a shit about that.

Will do. I've been trimming down the fat for TF2V's next release and in comparison to 2.5 it's way smaller. Looking at a size of about 8.6GB uncompressed which is a ~3GB reduction in size even with support for more content that is more polished than ever. To put into perspective: TF2C is 7.27GB.

Any anons with basic mapping skills able to add a simple tunnel, staircase and drop to turbine? It'd make the map actually fucking winnable in a reasonable time (can explain in more detail if this image is not clear). Not the most original idea but the only objectively good standard CTF map is Double Cross and this would give us two. I have similarly unoriginal and simple suggestions for how to fix ctf_well if anyone cares.

That's a good idea, although I haven't encountered any stalemates in our games yet. Have there been many?

Yeah, it turns into a stalemate map quite often. I might give it a try to mess with the map.

This might make more snese.
Every game played with more than ~12 players will turn into a stalemate (assuming both sides are equally competent). This would fix it without making offensive overpowered.

If we do start making/editing maps make sure to stick a credits section somewhere stating they were made by 8/v/. That way if/when other servers/mods start stealing our maps it'll be obvious where they came from. Traditionally you'd write it in the out-of-bound section of the map.

Have I been clear enough or do anons need more explanation? I could always jump ingame and literally walk you through it if that'd help. If the changes are simple enough we could have them done in time for the gamenight to get live feedback.

I'll make sure to do that, but since im anonymous should i put some kind of username as the map creator or should i just say it was all of 8/v/?

Its really hard to read where that is supposed to be in the map. You are gonna need to have a refrence pic with where it is on the whole map.

I think:
"Map by 'some username', suggestion by 'some username' both new usernames not linked to anything non-tf2v, special thanks to 8/v/." Add more names as other anons contribute. I've got ideas for fixing ctf_well and I know other maps that need edited but have no idea how to fix them (ctf_sawmill, for example) so other faggots could contribute there.

I have encountered them in higher population servers, but even our 2fort games have had wins. Still, I love CTF the most and these attempts to alter how maps play are really intriguing to me. We should have a CTF night so we can compare and contrast

Ok, ive made maps like 3 years agon but ive completely forgot how to do this. Anyone have the turbine map in an editable format? Im using source sdk hammer editor. Its been a while.

This is on the full map but I'll try and make a clearer one.

Honestly 2fort is unfixable as a map for more than ~14 players (not that it isn't fun).
There's a /radcorp/ gamenight coming up on the 26th-27th for tf2v, we could have a test version of turbine done by then and that would give us live feedback.

Fucking hell. I need to download tf2 to edit this. Fuck. That game is like 50 gigs.

HATS

I wish i could just download the map data and actual resources instead of this bloated mess that runs at like 20 fps when vintage runs at above 60.

There's already a edited version of turbine that Holla Forumsintage fun runs and it's a lot better

Wew.

I've not actually seen that, got a picture of it?

still no v3 ?

Even at 4MBs its still gonna be like a half hour with 1 gig already downloaded.

More or less what I suggested then, though it does add a new door without tying into the original alcove and lacks the drop. Still worth integrating into tf2v over the original ctf_turbine. Does a ctf_well equivalent exist?

I can't find it but mid was outdoors instead of indoors and the vent was turned into a series of rooms with a catwalk over the path leading to the intel from the outside. the interior right outside spawn was using place holder textures

Not sure i like that one too much. It lacks a way to get onto the alcove in the room before the intelligence like in og turbine. The new hallways make it a bit too easy to bring the int into your base too. I like the suggestion of making it a drop.

That sounds more like a fully new map than a slight change, worth including but not replacing the original ctf_turbine map with (which I'd shill for, either with this or one to my exact suggestions). Original turbine is terrible.

The point of using the original alcove + stairs-balcony + drop is that it doesn't make it overly easy to capture and adding a moving door makes it so spys can't move through without making sound. Also making the intel vent a walk-out instead of a drop-out makes it much easier to shoot out of, also hurting defenders.

I think this user is understanding what I was getting at, I don't want to make turbine to attack-balanced.

My only qualm with this is the change of the platform before the intel room into a ramp. It should stay a raised platform so flag runners have to commit themselves, with scouts having a large maneuverability advantage there. The increased vent space is a great idea.

This exactly

Do you mean making it so that only scouts, demos and soldiers can jump up with everyone else being able to go down once they already have the intel? That could be interesting.
Agreed.

Forgot to add to this: the alcove should be changed into a rolling/shutter/garage door instead of a 'clear' entrance so spys moving into the new tunnel have to make actual noise.

fuck this shit. The things i do for Holla Forums

Another issue with turbine pro is that having the tunnel come off of the balcony-ramp means you can transition from 'I want to attack through vents' to 'I want to attack through the new tunnel' without risk, having it come off of the alcove forces you to commit to one route or pull back entirely.

Can't you just download TF2v? I must admit to not having used hammer since I tried to edit United Offensive maps nobody used the original editor over a decade ago.

Yes, it just seems that a ramp makes the intel a little more open than it needs to be

This might have a positive effect on the viability of engineer positioning near the alcove. The open tunnel seems like it would make forward engineer positions useless

tf2maps.net/threads/turbine-re-artpass.18985/

This is worth a note far better aesthetic and also has a cool balcony above the hallway before the intel. It was on Holla Forumsintage server before it went down.

I have to download tf2 to get the tf2 section of hammer to work. Also i dont have the turbine map in editable form, or maybe i do i just cant edit it in CSS mode.

I have to download tf2 to get the tf2 section of hammer to work. Also i dont have the turbine map in editable form, or maybe i do i just cant edit it in CSS mode.

I'd prefer making it stairs (so all classes can use it) but making them very long so you can't see/fire from bottom to top easily. That way one good defending engineer can hold it unless the attackers coordinate. The problem is partly that the new tunnel is too 'high' up rather than coming out at the original alcove/central room's ground level.
Exactly. Engineer has issues in the central room, particularly since TF2v is removing the wrangler. This makes him more viable and also opens up teleporter shenanigans.

Not bad but the central room is now just a little bit too open for the non-direct-combat classes to be viable (scout and pyro players in particular). The aesthetic change is good though.

Honestly on second thought that might be placebo based on how open it looks, I'd have to play it a bunch to be sure. It's just as a scoutfag it sets off my 'fuck the lighter classes' sensor.

On the subject of fixing maps:
This is the best map in TF2 and anyone suggesting changes should be disregarded. This is all.

I think any hammer editor will work. you just need to point it at vintage's gfd file so it understands.

also check TF2maps for a vmf of the map.

Oh, never dug into it too much.

Doesnt look like tf2maps has turbine on it, or really any base maps.

What is important to take note of is the new route in the hallway before the intel it creates a nice above flank route so the hallway doesn't get shut down by one sentry. Engies like to place sentries on top of the raised area where the med health kit is. Iv been scared to often by live tf2 and one engie shutting down that hallway with 1 sentry leaving only the vents which is easy to defend and the route pass the re-spawn which is near impossible to get by.

it should be deleted. Hightower is eh compared to shit like nightfall.

I'm hoping those guys cyrllic mentioned can figure out not only the spy problem but the reason why the hill logic isn't working

it does, there's a thread for all the decompiled maps.

I'll look for it

I agree a new route has to be there, I just think it should come out of the alcove + have a drop from the balcony and have a significant height difference as a result (this allows engines to defend it against 1-2 faggots but prevents them defending it against a coordinated push).

You're wrong but at least you seem to appreciate the superiority of plr over pl.
Yes, there's a gamenight in a week and a half and we need to be stable by then.
Got a link?

Is anyone up to join? It's just some other guy raping me.

Goddamnn i must be missing alot of shit. The editor cant find briefcase.mdl

Also Nightfall stage 3 is a bit shit.

Do you maybe need one of the source SDK's also?

Im refreshing the sdk data and i hope that works.

Totally agree with a side flank as well looking forward to what you come up with.

I'll be interested to see how it works in action if we can get it done in time for the gamenight
I'm just shitting out ideas, a more competent user has to actually map them and honestly most of the credit should go to him. I agree that we want to avoid sentires shutting down things too much and that's why the drop is key (if it's a 'clean' one-way drop without a door spies can enter that way silently but have to make sound to open to alcove door on the way out, should help with removing an engie nest without making intel-caps too easy).

believe it or not pipeline is the ONLY PL map that works with vintage's code where the hills function. the hill logic in pipeline is different thanthe other maps with hills but what sucks is it's the ONLY map with this logic

I must be retarded. I cannot figure out why im missing a ton of models. I cant open any maps or anything.

so ? where is v3 ?

Up yo momma's pussy along with my dick that's where

Any odds of it getting fixed? I mean Hightower is essentially non-functional without the hills (assuming you mean the things that make the cart slide back down if they don't get to the top).

Did you restart Steam after installing?

you into necrophilia ?

The only reason I wouldn't fix it is because again it's ONLY exclusive to pipeline, none of the maps even custom ones use the logic. it's odd

No, but you into sucking dicks from how gay you sound

Heads up, there's 8 people on currently

one, is there such a thing as sounding gay ?
two, everyone here is a fucking faggot.

Just because you like to suck your daddy's dick for a living don't mean everyone here is a butt tickler like you. Maybes you ought to go get that dick out of your mouth

and put it up yours, thanks faggot

Don't be angry at me tinkerbell because you like to slobber all over men meat. maybe you ought to be less gay

great conversation, now tell me whether v3 is out or not

Nigga if you stop being a man molester I'll tell ya

okay i'll try

Figured it out. You have to do this roundabout shit by going into the tf2 folder and running hammer.bat and hammer.exe. fuck they made that confusing.

i would need to remove this from both sides to be able to implement the drop. how high you want it to be anyway?

memesystem just died

Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it.

wew cool server

easier said then done when you don't know WHERE the issue lays

v3 when

you are my favourite part of these threads

why though, you're supposed to be infuriated

Aren't we all anticipating V3, though?

well, yeah, but as for me, i'm continuously leaving and reentering this thread and i can't be fucked to read it all up to see whether or not the v3 has already been released yet
i foresee a boost in popularity when v3 happens

So not only is you gay, you also illiterate

As other anons said, it ought to be a week until it releases. I have mixed feelings about what the boost in popularity might entail, but I definitely welcome the game having more than a dozen people playing it at a time. I just don't want current year tier tf2 tumors to join and ruin the community, but I'm optimistic that they wouldn't be interested in "hurr its just tf2 with less stuff, downvote"

To be fair we're here and even if the cancer came to the game they most likely would not come here and even then memesystem and Holla Forumsintage fun have their set of rules that would send the current playerbase of TF2 crying

i'll have to shill in quite select environments, then.

bi

TELL ME ABOUT SPY

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK

A LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED MERC

the first thing i'm gonna tell you is he wears the mask to crash the fucking server

EU server when? Source is a fucking terrible engine and Valve should be lynched for it.

15 in now.

the game has fucking crashed twice goddammit

change models to medium, supposedly the final fix is 2.9/3

also here

So dev user a break through thanks to observation

the code for the hills DOES work, but seems to only for PLR

Hightower and Pipeline confirm this for me. Something is causing the code to skip over the hill logic for regular Payload.

I think we need to give all the heavy guns a 50% boost to power, they were clearly under-performing in those last games.

beautiful

I'd compare your gameplay code for PLR to PL, see where it skips over the hill logic.

IIRC hill logic is stored in the shared.cpp

dont listen to this madman

Well maybe just enable the Tomislav then, heavy is in need of a large buff right now (trust me, I saw it with my own two eyes).

how about, FIX AND POLISH THE GAME FIRST AND THEN WORRY ABOUT THE CONTENT i bet you're the type of nigger to sell DLC for early access games

there were big numbers for more than half an hour, at somepoint people are going to get tired and want a break

remove that map from rotation, dammit. Today was real fun, though.

It was fun lads

I just want to see heavy get buffed excessively to a fair level of power.

Ignore him he was like that the entire game like some faggot who thought himself hilarious for suggesting it. He's just bad at heavy and can't spin up before combat.

I'll be putting up the dustbol map later tonight

Still did better than you fag :^)

i know, made killing him ingame 10x more satisfying

I know what you did, pachinko.

n-no bully! weaponized memes

we need a screenshot of a sniper like that in a doorway. make it really creepy

mega.nz/#!TYlUiSQb!kEE_2NyUDFJuv91Z8fSPBHWhMUYIJz7sDIeHNENtt5U

Here's a list of new maps coming for 2.9, just in case any hosts want to put them up on their rotations and fastdls.

Funny, I've been able to stomp with Heavy even without a medic. You don't even need a medic half of the time if you knew where the healthkits were.
I think you need to git gud.

How do I change muh spray? Just copypaste a mem into 'custom' folder?

Also is the thread bumplocked or is catalog just fucky again?

bumplocked.
You'll need to set your spray using advanced options beforehand– when first joining a server it seems to not show up, but it will on the next map.
If you're missing advanced options, you'll need the "hotfix"; I don't fugging know where the hotfix is though.

Anyone down for a game?

Dustbowl. I realized during recording my ping was my fault since I was uploading Steel

I'll join in. If anyone could post the thingy that adds advanced options, that'd be great.

mediafire.com/file/tbvqa2r0y0b2dxb/resource.7z

drop this in your vintage folder, let it overwrite shit should restore the options till 2.9

In tf2vintage/cfg/autoexec.cfg, add a line with the path to your spray. Example:
cl_logofile "materials/vgui/logos/aniki.vtf"

Don't fucking add new maps other than the converted versions of the maps that came with TF2C b2.0.0.3.
Keep ONLY the maps in here: mega.nz/#!4Op3WZKC!Qyw8yO7CGeIsiRjJAxTWGVIBYMIkLesj04I0-D53vRc
You haven't bothered fixing any of the new maps you added, so maps like cp_sunshine are completely broken.
Do not add any other maps.
I've repeated this countless times but you refuse to listen.

what's broken in sunshine? genuinely curious

What do you mean sunshine is completely broken? Sunshine works with no issues with the materials or models. In addition I have been fixing up maps, if you have issues with the current maps you might still be on V1. All of the minor fixes for maps are coming in 2.9 that I could find.

If you do have a problem with a map, mention something. I can't stomp out issues with maps without knowing what they are.

what does this do?

basically the reality is if you open a res file in a txt editor you can reenable it, for those dumber than me here's the fix

Also

I can understand making a pre-mannconomy maplist but this maplist is all over the place in dates.

I agree we should be checking against a list of maps, HOWEVER we should check the map list for ones that are from gamemodes not yet working or in the game. (e.i. PASS and Mannpower)

No use packing in maps the game can't run

I already went through and sorted it through. Most of the event maps are gone since they don't work and the maps that aren't supported by TF2V also aren't added in. That still gives us about 65 maps to play around with from live TF2.

checked

Currently a 2v2, join!

anyone in?

PERFECT

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/reviews

They're really mad that the 2.9 update is coming in 5 days, aren't they?

Ignore 'em. I talked to one of the guys running the site and it's the best advice they can give, they said if anything actually does happen to the mod page to contact them. I've pretty much explained the entire situation without any drama.

never mind, I'm retarded

Actually, that's a great suggestion. Let's do that instead.
Following wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/List_of_maps and sorting by Date Added, minus koth_harvest_event and cp_cloak, there are a total of 39 pre-Mannconomy maps. Here are those maps, converted to the new bsp format. I suggest we switch to these while TF2V is in its dysfunctional infancy.
mega.nz/#!1LBwUahT!SadokXdb6fbwwt_5iMQqs0wE2t_cLdvMYy_2ytVKa80

Cut cloak since it's an oddity. It feels like it was a test map left in moe than anything

Actually powerhouse was originally started in ~2008, it was only finished in 2015 because Valve are retarded.

Wew.

Want to bet it's even the exact same fucking guy?

Anyone have the TF2 fan advert? I can't find it on youtube for some reason. I hope it's not gone like badwater d.

Again ignore them. Guys are butthurt we aren't floating their broken game and instead playing with our own broken game.

I wish I had a real time debugger for payload

Damn, I hope I never get ass ravaged enough to type a fucking essay into a mod review box. What a life.

Is the github in the OP active?

yes and no
there are forks meant to build experimental builds and provided they work they end up committed back

What is the build process like?

depends all my builds (Z'Gok) are all broken experimental builds where if something can be gleaned from these builds they get committed to the main build and dev user pushes out a new build. the last time I pushed a build out I fucked things up on a galactic scale.

Right now the main git repo is 100% up to date. Z'Gok repo is to be used if you want to contribute to the flaming wreckage of that build

anyone want to play? im sitting on 2fort right now

I mean does it require Visual Studio or some shit? How do you yourself compile it?

VBS 2013

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_2013

inna bit

ALSO
So testing PL again and the ONLY maps that function with hills are pipeline and hightower.

Nightfall hills are non-functioning. I think something is breaking the hill logic

I see, thank you

Anyone on? Shame the thread's bumplocked.

new thread maybe? that way we get people in

Any closer to fixing the spy code for V3? I may end up releasing V2.9 early.

Dude with the Cryllic characters said he'd have someone who knows C++ look at it. I'm stumped because it should be working. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if VBS was fucking up the builds or something I need to go back to the beginning to fix is required sicne vpc claims there is a TF2Classic game in it and I need to eidt this to be either vintage or make a new entry so it points to that

currently 3 dudes on

10 dudes on

it's pg 12 do we get a new thread now?