3DS Homebrew Thread

"We Dragon Quest 11 Now" Edition

The guide to modding a 3DS: 3ds.guide/
FreeShop (discontinued): freeshop.pw/
FreeShop fork: notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
Titlekeys: 3ds.titlekeys.gq/

Homebrew Launcher: smealum.github.io/3ds/

Pastebin: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U

Note: "Boot9Strapper and SigHax are optional. There is no benefit to using this form of hack until devs create custom firmware, which may take months."

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
archive.fo/Eo9va
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
github.com/Plailect/b9sTool/releases
twitter.com/DGW666
3ds.guide/ntrboot
3ds.guide/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-shameless-an-easy-to-use-eshop-ticket-qr-code-generator-for-fbi.424469/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How is DQ11 anyway, like which other game in the series is it closest to in design?

I haven't played as much of the series as I should have, but it's somewhat similar to DQ 8 in that it's a team of characters rather than generic classes ala 3 or 9, a total of 8 that you choose your party of 4 of, with each having skill trees that points can be placed in. Rather than just going up to the next skill in each tree like in 8 though, there's a grid you move along, so you can pick and choose a bit. I believe you can respec points later in the game too, so rebuilding is an option too. I just got the third and fourth party members myself, been multitasking multiple games lately, so not that far, but it's a blast, absolutely recommend it.

Sounds like 4 then without all the "go back to level one with a different character again" bullshit.

I really need to play the series, I started ages ago, finished 1 and started 2 and then my save data corrupted and I've never been able to get myself up to go back and replay it again.

2 is honestly just a massive pain in the ass and you shouldn't feel bad if you skip it.

I guess, but it's one of those games that has had such a profound and immense influence on video game makers and players alike, as well as modern culture in general, that I feel I really ought to play it sooner or later.

Playing 1, and part of 5 is enough. Be warned that the grind is far too real, because of how fucked saving is.

If you're going to minimize the series, I'm pretty sure you'd still need to put 3 in at the very least, if not 4 as well. Either way though, the series as a whole is too big for me not to play someday, so barring the MMO I'll probably get around to them all eventually. Just doing 11 now to avoid my students spoiling the game for me.

Has homebrew gotten an update or been patched? I can't get it to launch. I'm on 11.5 al9h and I'm just trying to open it from the icon on the home screen.

Do you have Luma? Make something like download play into a path into the homebrew menu.

If you don't, and if you're not on CFW already, I think you may be fucked unless you've got something that the guide needs, or another 3ds.

Is there a way to speed up the video output for NTR? I'm trying to get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D to run at a reasonable pace, but it's staying at around half the speed and the music on my n2dsxl is pretty stuttery as well.

So I'm about to get an N3DSXL as a present. As a current O3DSXL peasant, what cool things can I do with the N3DS? I know I can play SNES injects and N3DS exclusives but there's only like 3 of those and I've been playing SNES with blargSNES and snes9x anyway.
What makes the N3DS so much better?

A C-stick esque nub, better processing power, the extra two shoulder buttons, slightly better graphics, etc.

Great if you're planning on playing a shit-ton of Monster Hunter, if you're interested in the exclusives, or if you want to use the prementioned SNES injection.

I know, but I was mostly wondering if there's something that I absolutely CAN'T do on anything but an N3DS. I know there's streaming but it doesn't really interest me. Does the N3DS do N64 emulation?

Don't think that there's a N64 emulator yet, unfortunately.

Does anyone knows if NTR CFW works for 11.5?

Could someone post those recommended games infographs?

Some user in a previous thread asked if updating their wiiu was safe, and I can confirm that it is.

This is the most recent one i have, but there's probably an updated one.

Someone please answer if recent ntr cfw works with 11.5

Not all features work IIRC, but all the important ones like plugin loading do.

Or not, I realized I never tested plugins.

The 3DS library has to be one of the most disappointing line ups of every console
It's even worse than Vita or Xbone, because while those have no support and no games, the 3DS does, and like 3/4 of the games are still mediocre garbage/sequels or remakes with a different title
bleh

I agree, but as with the WiiU, the main appeal of the 3DS is the huge amount of backwards compatibility (at least for me it is). With the WiiU you had NES, SNES, N64, GBA, and NDS through VC, Wii through the vWii, and GCN by running Nintendont in the vWii. With the 3DS, you have NES, GB(C), GBA, and sometimes SNES through VC, some of the best N64 titles through NDS and 3DS ports/remakes, and NDS games through the cartridge slot. While the 3DS has less impressive backwards compatibility than the WiiU, it has the benefit of being portable, which is pretty nice.

Hacking a N2DS XL right now. Why it took the gooks this long to realize having convenient micro SD access was a selling point is beyond me.

It is? I remember when Wii U Homebrew became a thing the thread became Nintendo Homebrew, and I got a Wii U and modded it because of that, dunno why it is 3DS homebrew again now.
The thread should become Nintendo Homebrew again to include all 3, then.

Switch homebrew can run 3DS games? I sincerely doubt it.

Because the threads completely fucking died when that happened.

So that probably means I cant use the NTRviewer for now…

Ditch 2 like said and jump into 3. Alternatively, if you want something more story and character focused you can try 4 (pirate the phone version for party chat) or 8 right away. They have the most realized casts and the best girls.

Can anyone tell me if luma can use luma to use a ROMFS file with an official cartridge or can it only patch CIAs.

Is it worth waiting for the 3DS releases of 1-3 or are they going to be garbage?

PS1 emulation anywhere on the N3DS yet? Being able to play FF7 on this shit would be useful.

Oh shit no-glasses 3D got added to Switch? It's go time!

I'm on 11.2U/A9/Luma 6.something, is it safe to update yet?

If you are still on A9 you want to update to B9S and update to luma 8 then update.

AFAIK they're just ports of the mobile versions, which are pretty much the SNES remakes with a newer and whackier script. If you don't mind puns I can't imagine they're too bad.

3 is too important to skip from my understanding, so I'll definitely play that for sure.

They're going to rewrite the games? That's rather unusual.

They were translated before the merger, so it's pretty much expected. Someone posted screens of them before in older threads and it's filled with the kind of stuff you see in the DS remakes.

So, the actual script is the same, just the foreignization is getting rewritten?

I guess. I don't really know any side by side changes other than punny shit like Dharma Temple to Alltrades Abbey.

I mean though it's not like this is any concern to anyone playing the actual games, just if you're playing the censored versions.

Oh if they're the mobile versions they'll probably at least get western releases since those games are out in english now.

If anyone here unironically recommends the DQ mobile ports again I will end his life, I swear to kek XDD
First of all, if you are into Dragon Quest or JRPGS at all, to play DQIII is a must: it is still considered to be one of the best RPGs ever and after all these years it is still the best entry in the series after DQVIII.
Second, the mobile ports are invariably butchered, but the DQIII took the worst hit: it is the SNES version with downgraded graphics, removed animations, removed Pachisi boards which creates a HUGE balance issue and of course memed lolcalization.
You owe to yourself to play the SNES version of DQIII in all its glory with the fanpatch, or may as well kill yourself
Yuji Horii has stated they remade almost all of DQIII in Unreal Engine as a demo for DQXI, and hopes one day to "show it to the public as a complete work"
Here is how to enjoy DQ:
SNES ports with fantranslation. DQII is the worst in the whole franchise. If you have to play this, grind using the turbo function and save scum every turn fighting liquid metal slimes to avoid them fleeing, so you can be done with this ASAP
You cant learn Japanese. All western versions are memed, dumbed down, or shite. If you cant into moonrunes the DS version is probably your best option, enjoy the meme accents and the cut content
The third best after III and VIII. The PS2 version is fucking incredibly good, nice graphics, nice translation, they accidentally fucked up the balance making it far harder than they wanted, which personally I love. PS2 is the far superior version, get it on emulator if you need to.
Eh, really. The DS one is not the best apparently but the game is trashy anyway, the DS one is still enjoyable. Not as many memes, so may as well just play that one
The PSX and 3DS are different games. The PSX has no meme translation but you will get rekt without a guide. They will tell you the game is 100 hours long. They wont tell you this isnt because of size, everything is incredibly slow and boring. It is also incredibly ugly, even for a pixelfag like myself. Your eyes will bleed.
The DS version has meme accents, Treehouse level personality changes, but it is more playable, prettier, no random fights. If you are a DQfag you owe yourself to play both, but the western version of the 3DS version has lag and random crashes as additional features, as well as lower audio quality so I hope you are into Japanese once more.
PS2 PAL/NTSC version is by far the superior one, with actual professional voice acting and orchestral music, no censorship, good balance. The 3DS version fucks with audio quality, byebye voice acting, censored, trivialized difficulty, all in exchange of two dungeons and two broken new characters with skills that do the damage numbers you see in a FF game (47372727572).

What about the GBC versions of 1-3?

What does it do?

What's the actual best version of 4 then, Famicom?

You're getting it backwards, the PS2 version had no voice acting, while the 3DS version did, one of the big hype points leading up to the release was them getting Koyasu to voice the villain.

When you say they removed animations from 3 are you talking about the enemy sprites or what? It sounds like it got downgraded to put it on par with the remakes of 1 and 2, which were based on 5 instead of 6.

Oh I'm not dissing 3 at all, I'm just saying if he wanted a stronger character focus then 4 and 8 are the way to go. As far as the 3DS ports go, they are exactly the same as the mobile versions ==EXCEPT== that 3 has returned tot the original character proportions, meaning that buildings, objects, and the world map aren't so tiny any more. I'm not sure if enemy animations have been restored though.

I cut my teeth on the gbc versions, and I feel the new scripts are superior both in terms of information being delivered to the player and manipulating emotions. The humor is down right goopendous

Not much difference, really. Stats are very slightly changed for some reason, generally making the SNES version harder, but it is just on paper. SNES just has better graphics and sound.
GBC has added an inmense Monster Medal grind, which will unlock a GBC exclusive dungeon if you manage to collect all medals. Agains, GBC is slightly easier if you look at the stats, but apart from a certain boss there is not much real difference. DQIII SNES is incredibly good looking, really crafted with love. GBC also has an official translation, it is up to you wether you want good graphics or some more extra content.

PS2 Japanese version had no orchestra music and no voice acting. WESTERN PS2 release added english voice acting and orchestral soundtrack, right before the SJW alien invasion, so they actually did a good job just before everything went to shit. It is a good reminder of the things that could have been. Of the better future we could live in. Anyway, you are right, 3DS keeps english voices and adds Japanese ones, you are right. The issues remain, the sound is shit, graphics are shit, censorship because Nintendo, broken balance nerfing best girl Jessica into oblivion and bringing two characters that deal one extra digit too much worth of damage so you are forces to kick out Jess and Yangus and use them instead. Extras include on-screen fights (could be huge for you if you dont like random encounters) and two extra dungeons. I prefer PS2 but to each its own. After all PS2 emulation is shit AFAIK so if you dont have a PS2 console you dont have much options.
The NES version has an official English translation but it feels like they bit more than they could chew. PS1 version added a lot of new features, a post-game, graphics. I dont remember if the NES version had party chat, PS1 does. If you speak nip, you must play the PS1 version, period. If you dont, its either a very primitive NES version (SFC version doesnt exist unfortunately) with no meme accents or the DS one with all PS1 upgrades but its known for being one of the hardest memed lolcalizations with cut party chat.

They removed enemy battle animations and other graphical effects like the sunrays in the forest AFAIK. The biggest problem is the total lack of fucking respect, removing the Pachisi boards which are not only wxtremely fun side-content, they also gave you the best equipment and lots of juicy stuff if you explored everything. Instead they just mindlessly threw around the boards' loot in dungeons without rhyme or reason. Its just a fucking travesty of a port, it is only worth it if a smartphone is the only electronic device you own.

Are Monster Classes back? I loved that shit in 7

Yeah, I'll probably stick to PS2 for 8 simply for the soundtrack, since I hate the orchestral shit they put in the 3DS one. A shame though, Koyasu as a psychotic clown sounds really appealing.

So PS1 for 4 then, got it, thanks.

Like monsters as party members? I don't think so.

You don't get monster party members in 7. You can change to vocations based on them by finding a monster heart.

I think the Japanese 3DS version of 8 actually retained the orchestral soundtrack like the Japanese 3DS version of 7 so you should be able to patch it back in. I also know someone was working on a patch to uncensor the 3DS version of 8.

Ah, fair enough. Don't think that's in either though.

Not "retained," the PS2 version had a proper soundtrack, they added in the orchestral crap for the 3DS remake.

My Animal Crossing save manager stopped working, I get an error message saying can't read save archive or something like that. Jewgles giving me nothing. What do I do?

I have beat all main DQ entries both in nip and english, those forced accents are inmersion-breakng bullshit, scottish or not, and you are trying far too hard to fit in.

Other way around if anything, pushing to play games in English is a pretty Goonish thing to do.

You cannot defend this.

The first three games were given a ye olde english script that was painful to read, had bland names for each enemies, and atrocious spell names, yet people like you defend it. Double standard, or nostalgia goggles and muh childhood? Furthermore, in video related at 9:17 it's explained that the onomatopoeia naming scheme were chosen to better convey he playful nature of the original Japanese names.

On top of that, here's an excerpt from an interview with Oli Chance, whose been on the localization team since VIII (funny how no one bitches about that game's localization):

You can read the rest here nintendo.co.uk/News/2016/October/Interview-Localising-DRAGON-QUEST-VII-Fragments-of-the-Forgotten-Past-1146184.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=dragonquestvii&utm_medium=social
TL;DR: localization structure was approved by Horii himself to better reflect his writing in foreign languages. If anyone thinks a decision that big was made by a proto-sjw lurking in early 00's squenix they are retarded.

There is no defending localizations of any kind

anyone have the pic of the mexican knights from either dq9 or dq10 that speak like beaners?

The ye olde english at least makes some kind of sense and I don't really like it either but at least it is fucking readable. What is the point of translating it into english if you are going to translate it into a dialect one fucking country speaks. The games should just be written in fucking normal english the same way the japanese scripts are written in normal japanese. This bullshit is the epitome of why localization of text is fucking abhorrent and should be stopped. This was done because the localizers thought themselves "writers" instead and wanted to stamp the game as their own. Just because Oli Chance worked on DQ7 doesn't mean he was in any leading role that was able to fuck up the game. As for it being "approved by Horii" that means nothing he is a japanese man what the fuck does he know about english. The assholes just lied to him so they could ruin his game the same way #FE's changes were made "with the approval of the devs themselves". Localization staff can be giant liars and tell them that bikinis are fucking illegal in video games and they'll believe it. So I'm sure they can convince them this english that native english speakers cannot understand is better for the game and closer to what you wrote. Shut the fuck up about your defense of people who trample all over art that you claim to love just because they work for some fucking company you like.

It wouldn't be DQ10, since that was never localized and likely never will be.

Wow, you're wrong twice, and in so few words. The PS2 JAPANESE version had the shitty MIDI OST, the American release got the orchestrated version. That got switched around for the 3DS versions for some reason.

With how well FF14 is doing it might actually be if DQ11 sells well in the west.

All I remember is that tranny "Kate" Edwards was the lead translator on the project and the box art for the game talked about diversity instead of about the game.

So, like I said, the original PS2 release had the good soundtrack, and the 3DS remake added the shitty orchestral crap.

The only spic I can think of is Sancho, and he is originally a spic, his name is Sancho in the nip version and he behaves as a latin stereotype as well. I can't find anything about this abomination working on DQ games, although it seems to have pozzed a good number of Microsoft and EA games big loss. Surely you aren't talking about Dragon Age, right? They tried to sell DAII on faggots and sheboons really really hard back in the day.

I'm having an issue play Fire Emblem if. For some reason the game doesn't detect the dlc after I install it from a cia. Is there any way around this or something I'm doing wrong? I'm playing the undub and I'm on b9s latest firmware.

If's a weird situation because of how FreeShop works. Basically, if you're installing from a .cia that means you're either installing one of the two normal versions of the game, Byakuya Kingdom or Anya Kingdom, or the Special Edition that had both on the cart. However, the version on the FreeShop is another "game" entirely that has neither Byakuya or Anya by default, and lets the player go up to about Stage 6 or so where in-game the player chooses a side between the two Kingdoms, and then ends up downloading the data for that version of the game. Because this is recognized as a different "game" entirely, you can't get the DLC through FreeShop that way, so the only way to get the DLC through FreeShop is to download FreeShop's version of If.

Hey guys I can't find my 3DS has anyone seen it anywhere?

I installed the game from a cia originally, not freeshop

Exactly, hence why you can't get the DLC

I'm not sure I follow. Does the dlc have to come from the freeshop? I have a cia with the dlc already.

Ah, thought you were trying to acquire the DLC in the first place, my bad.

So is the Freeshop version incomplete? If so do you have the SE cia?

If you get the FreeShop version, it should automatically download the DLC for both Byakuya and Anya, as well as Invisible Kingdom and all the other things, as long as someone who bought those DLC submitted their titlekey database to the site. That said, I do have the .cia for the SE on a backup hard drive somewhere, so if you want I can go looking for it, but be aware that it will only have Byakuya and Anya, and not Invisible Kingdom or any other DLC.

Oh, I thought the SE came with everything.

The SE came out a month before Invisible Kingdom did, so they included a voucher with a code for it. As such, it's treated as DLC, and is not on the .cia for the SE itself unfortunately.

anyone got a link to an unbanned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B? The one I had been using has gotten banned apparently (spotpass was turned off)

Reposting my question from yesterday, as it is lost in the sea of replies and has gone unanswered;

Is there any way to stream Xenoblade Chronicles 3D at a reasonable pace using NTR? I'm using NTR 3.6 on 11.5 with b9s and Luma.

When I go and run NTRViewer (which I launch using KitKat), Xenoblade stutters, even on the screen of my N2DSXL. The audio gets choppy and slow as well.

I know that this is due to a lack of resources, but I've seen videos of people using NTRCFW to stream the game near flawlessly. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

A lot of the upcoming English games seem to be out, this chart needs some updating.

But I am not the man for the job.

You're not much better.

How shit can your taste be?

I'm not a fan of dragon quest since I don't speak japanese and all any fan of the series talks about is how fucked beyond belief all the localizations are. Everyone hates them and it's the reason why most of the time people are not sure the games will ever even come out in the west. Why do you think the DQ7 remake took fucking 3 years to come out in english? Why do you think the DQ11 western release wasn't even announced until after it came out in Japan. Dragon Quest sells like garbage in the west and it's the reason why it takes so long to come out here when Square puts out every Final Fantasy game worldwide now. Even fucking Monster Hunter's next big game is getting a simultaneous worldwide release. However Dragon Quest continues to pretend the west doesn't even exist until after they make sure Japan is taken care of.

I cannot recommend fixing that enough, both for DraQue, and for vidya as a whole.

To be fair, Monster Hunter World was specifically designed with the West in mind which is why it looks to be dumbed down and shitty

Yeah but I'm saying even monster hunter has shown enough interest in the west for them to do that.

fug all these new developments are what I get for not checking on homebrew in the last 4 months

It's not that hard to do did it last week there is a guide on the site linked in OP.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
What did he mean by this?

Another tranny?

In the case of MonHun, it was originally designed to appeal to the West, hence the online functionality of the first game. It didn't take off obviously because they didn't realize at the time that the West doesn't like hard games

Now if only we could get an official Monster Hunter XX western release and at the very least a working translation patch for New Love Plus+, all would be right in the world.

Just learn Japanese.

Why would you care about a censorednese release? Just play the actual game.

It's being done by Mercury Steam, the faggots who made that abomination Lords of Shadow. It's going to be complete fucking garbage.

It came out over a month ago, just no one's upped it to FreeShop yet.

Please no. Western focus is what's killing Monster Hunter, and X's foreignization was the sort of thing people need to be fired for.

you can still download it, quit being dramatic

Are Etrian Odyssey's translations fucked I've never heard anyone complaining about them. It's Atlus right they definitely have the potential to not fuck up.

I'm speaking more on principle than any specific example, but then, if it's Atlus, this is about what you can generally expect.

a fucking nigger version of bob the builder

Sweet baby jesus.
Why

That's "localization" for you. There's a reason you never play games in English.

It was fixed in the PSP version, just dont tell anons that information, though.

Was not aware of that. Either way though, I wouldn't trust Atlus USA, or any other foreignization company for that matter, considering they get paid more for changing shit than they do for actually translating properly.

That was what one ex-employee of Nintendo said the practice was at Nintendo. It was never confirmed (though it seems very likely). However it was not claimed to be a universal practice among localization companies.

Mention a single game that was localized lately that didn't have any unnecessary change.
I don't have any problems with localization per se, localization is neccesary because Japanese culture is completely different from us.

does anyone know where to get lady layton? I heard there was an english patch, but I can't find it on 3dsiso

Considering how heavily the push is universally among foreignization companies to be "localization instead of translation" I sincerely doubt there's not a financial incentive for it.

Even that would depend - if it's just an offhand side comment that doesn't have any bearing on the story in a game that doesn't actually take place in Japan, that's potentially forgivable, but I'd still be very wary of it. Plus, you know if it were ANY other culture, the SJW faggots in America/Europe would throw a fit over it being "localized."

Possible, but they bounced back reasonably afterward, albeit not to 100% - the Nintendo General Homebrew threads 404'd with far less than bump limit, and when we went back to 3DS Homebrew specifically we started hitting bump limit again, albeit not as fast.

Stick with A9LH. I think the last Luma we can use is 7.05?

It's been a while since I've touched my 3ds and i need to update it to get online. My 3ds is on REI 11.2.0-35U can i update thru system settings like normal or is that a problem.
I also heard there were more ban waves so i might need to unban myself again, is there a better process for that now?

my 3ds has stopped working since may and just now I fixed it, has there been any updates that I should do to my 3ds with luma or something?

I'm still in 11.3.0-36 (used soundhax) so I want to know if I have to change anything

I forgot what it was called when i first posted but it's my emunand that is on Rei 11.2.0-35U

the new luma updates are exclusive to boot9strapper. And there isn't any reason to actually go through the hassle to get b9s. So, basically, you don't really need to update anything.

Are ROM requests okay in these threads? I'm looking for some things that aren't on the FreeShop. The first one is Shinobi. I also read that there are uncensored .cia versions of the Bravely Default games floating around, but I can't find any good links. Does anyone have them?

You forgot "mail-order asian wife" in that list

I could not agree more localization was invented by Nintendo to make their games family friendly since they were selling video games as toys. At this point in time it is no longer necessary especially since Japan's regulations around console games are far more stricter than US/Canada. It is so fucking ironic that the people who are the biggest proponent of this relic used to keep games safe for children are the people saying video games need to grow up.

I'm not saying that it is not the case just that as of now there is no concrete evidence of it.

Someone needs to make a
NEW FUCKING HUGE LIST OF 3DS GAME RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough.

Be the change you want to see in the world user. Offhand though, if you want good 3DS games, grab Super Robot Wars UX and BX, Sekaiju no Meikyuu 4 and 5, Monster Hunter 3G and 4G, and Dragon Quest 11.

Ah, so this is that new fancy shit. What is the difference between it and A9LH? Is this like Emunand vs A9LH? What are the major differences and why would I want this B9S in the first place?

This one have been here forever with some updated You could try to update it yourself.
Soon, moonrunes, soon you will let me see the world with true eyes.

My understanding is that B9S offers even earlier access into the 3DS's process list which will eventually allow devs to do more shit, but for the enduser right now it has no real benefit.

Pretty much, after a while you'll realize you don't trust anyone else's translations at all and pretty much refuse to play anything that's not in the original language.

So, I used the LumaUpdater and now my 3DS is acting like there's no SD card in it, I can't even get to Godmode9. I tried replacing the boot.firm and still nothing, I'll start swapping things around, but I'm not sure what else to try.

Update, I'm an idiot and didn't realize Luma 8.x needed me to update Boot9Strap.

That tends to happened to a lot users, when updating luma.

Out of curiosity, I went and downloaded RPG Maker FES and it's dlc off of freeshop. The game works fine but the dlc doesn't.
Is this a problem with RPG maker, or does freeshop just shit itself with dlc sometimes?
I have an infinite amount of sorrow and pity for any poor sod that actually tries to make a game with this trash. Holy shit is it painful to use.

i actually don't understand using it. Why would you use something like that when you can do it on pc? Can you even use custom images, sounds or anything in it? Can you port the game and play it on something else other than a 3ds? Seriously what's the point?

No custom content, and it only works on the 3ds. The sole redeeming feature is that I can lie in bed shitpost in videogame form.
It's got a visual scripting language for npcs, but it doesn't give you any control over gameplay and it has what might be the worst flow control I've ever seen.
It mostly has the same battle system as the PC version, only unlike the PC version you can't just gut it and replace it with something actually worth playing. I'm also not convinced that elemental weaknesses actually do anything at all.

It's about as bad as I expected, I can recommend it only for masochists with next-level autism.

So I recently got it working so that Luma 8.0 patches my cartridge version of FE:Echoes so I can play it undubbed. However this appears to be slowing the game down. It substantially increases load times and causes the game to stutter heavily during battles. Anybody know how I can fix this?

Should I buy a n2dsxl to homebrew or a Switch?

If you're buying a 2DSXL for homebrew you need access to a 2nd 3DS that is already hacked to hack it. The firmware they ship with cannot be hacked on it's own yet.

He said New 2DS, though, you know, the new version. It is still the same procedure as the old 2DS?

The New 2DSXL is what I was referring to sorry.yeah you cannot hack it without another hacked 3DS or the ability to hardmod the thing.

Anybody here using Luma's built-in game patching experiencing increased loading times and stuttering?

(on luma 7.05 and 11.4)
halp

unless you live in australia and happen to luck out and get an 11.3 model, you're going to have a complicated time:
the way it currently works for the n2dsxl is to use a hacked 3ds or 2ds with one of a number of specific legit games (purchased from the eshop, not pirated) to transfer the old system to the new one
the legit game (a large number of very cheap ones that work are available. I recommend Metal Torrent as it it is a decent shmup) gets a bit of corrupted code injected, the code transfers over, and the new code overwrites the new system's shit like a beneficial version of AIDS

Where?

not on the freeshop yet but you can get it by looking for the kana on the titlekey site in OP
if you can't be assed to sort by name and go straight to page 81, search for this:
ドラゴンクエスト

That is the titlekey site from the OP.

something to point out: i got it from freeshop, built a cia of it with godmode9 but when i try it with another 3ds i get the bug.

Everything this user says is truth with two exceptions
Dragon Quest 4 is available in english uncucked on DS with party chat
But, it's rough, unedited, and the prologue is still moon. The Japanese version has a 95% complete straight translation on the cart (before 8-4 raped it to death) which covers everything after the prologue. Text is unedited (so capitalization is missing, random code strings, etc.) but it's playable. It's a crime that nobody has touched it up and rereleased it as a fan patch yet, I would myself if I had the knowhow.

Yes, this means that 8-4 was literally paid to rape an already finished proper translation for no reason. I will never not be mad about this. They took a proper, already completed translation and turned it into , then got lazy and deleted 2/3rds of the script (removing party chat entirely) because they couldn't be assed to rape the entire thing

Also Dragon Quest V is easily better than VIII, that's the second point where he's wrong.

by fanpatch he means fantranslation

GBC versions are uglier than the SNES versions and 3's port makes it easier in exchange for adding a shitty autism medal grind to unlock an extra dungeon. They're fine, but imo the SNES versions are preferred.

Not only were they paid to sodomize the script and remove a bunch of text, their fuckery delayed the game by 10 fucking months.

Did you make sure you're using the .gq site for the titlekeys? It should be the most recent result in FreeShop if you're doing it right.

Sounds like an oxymoron to be honest

Well that's pointless then.

As much as I hate 8-4 especially now as I am suffering through there FE Echoes "localization" they didn't do DQ4 the only Dragon Quest game they did was DQ6 on the DS. At least according to their gameography from their website. archive.fo/Eo9va

Well shit what now?

Learn Japanese.

Yeah Echoes seriously has me considering it I'm looking up Japanese courses in my area right now. I know we have the learn japanese thread here but I need a course or something to get me started otherwise I'll never do it.

Better to start sooner than later, because you know localizations aren't going to be getting any better.

What's the location of the magnet on the new 2ds xl?
My new 3ds died in a car crash and I plan to use a dslite and an acekard for bootntr.

Did everybody involved in the crash make it out alright?

Honestly?
No. I have a broken leg and broken console/gaming pc but I give less of a shit about it since someone died.

well shit, I was about to start a playthrough. How retarded did they make it?

I'm playing the undub so everything is really blatant. I have yet to enter a proper battle yet and they've already changed the names of 2 characters. They constantly over-write lines. Like someone will respond with "yes" however the localization says "yes I will do everything I can to see that it is done". One line was something like "whatever you say Tobi-poo" (referring to a character called Tobin). However in Japanese the line was delivered completely seriously and the characters name was said properly. I just had to stop I couldn't deal with it.

Is the 2DS XL finally hackable?

You can hack it I got mine and hacked it last week. You just need to able to system transfer to it from a hacked 3DS.

Seconding this - Japanese is basically an essential skill if vidya is any significant part of your life.

uninstalled it is
apparently it's just a remake of FE Gaiden, which has been translated by fans

Yeah but the NES games are a little rough I actually started playing Gaiden's fan-translation on my NES right before they announced Echoes.

If I already have freeshop what reasons should I bother switching to the new fork for?

The new fork has been updated multiple times. It's real nice. You could just install it, and then revert if you don't like it.

I have yet to hear any reason to bother.

I only switched because the fork displays the storage space left on the SD card.

Anyone got that Pikmin game? Doesn't seem to be on Freeshop.

Guys i still have Luma v6.1.2
how the fuck do i update from there

Follow this 3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

I've been making a shitty brothel sim with loli. I don't get the word censor, sometimes it catches things sometimes it doesn't.

I have tried twice now, i must be retarded because i can't make it work even with the guide

Is there any other download that just has 1-11 steps done?

Should I use FalconPuncher to install .cia through FBI? Or should I use the old method?
Also, how do I manually update to the latest version of Luma supported by A9LH?

aand it's solved somehow. yay

7.05 of Luma is the last a9lh supported version.

fuck these fucking faggot devs, I almost want to stay a9lh out of spite with this transfer to n2ds

I mean, I get that this new thing have potential, but it's not really that different at this point, so why dropping support entirely?
Also, can I update my 3DS normally? I don't even remember the last time I updated.

Fuck me.

This is a shot in the dark but can anyone even access this file? github.com/Plailect/b9sTool/releases

is there a way to connect to the internet while still in 11.3.0-36?
I already hacked my 3ds so I want to know if there is a way to connect without the need to update

I think you can update your firmware officially without having to update to B9S. Double-check though I'm not 100% positive.

Does anybody has an Umbra Moon cia file?
Preferably on Google Drive or some shit like that since MEGA now is a pain in the ass.

What happened to Mega In haven't used it in a while?

Is it recommend I update to B9S?

I have having to go through this song and dance again.

Well shit, decided to check for curiosity the friendlist and bam, banned, wat do. (o3ds at 11.2 on luma 7.01)

Well shit, I thought I'd at least be able to put it on the fucking SD card before hitting a roadblock

Now that megadownloader doesn't work there's the bandwidth limit again that doesn't let you download more than 2 GB a day if I'm not mistaken, so yeah, Mega is shit unless you pay money.

Assuming I want to upgrade to a better SD card, since my current one is only 2GB, I should just be able to duplicate the files from the old card to the new one without doing anything fancy, right?

or use jewdownloader

I believe you can just copy everything over. The only thing you'd need to do it have the 3DS format the new SD card before that.

I couldn't get freeshop to work after switching to the fork. Sometimes it simply won't connect to the internet, won't connect to the titlekeys URL and won't even register a titlekeys file directly pasted into its directory on the card.

As long as you don't have emunand.

I don't think I do, I did all the steps in 3ds.guide to boot the patched SysNAND directly instead of using emunand. I'm a little new to this.

Thanks, I would have forgotten.

Oh I'm stupid, they even talk about moving to a new SD card in the FAQ.

I use to make the Wii U homebrew threads for a month. It was completely dead. I got info that I wanted and stopped giving a shit because no one else did.

Aight, so got around to unban myself through the friendlist method ( and switched friendlist settings) can i use freeshop again?

Banning couldn't stop you from using FreeShop, the only thing it stopped people from doing was playing the Easy Mode in Monster Hunter.

I'm finally able to run homebrew on my 11.4 o3DS and I got a couple of cias working perfectly.
Is there any way to access online functionality in games like Smash Bros or am I out of luck?

so now with a changed friendlist(and it's repsective settings), can i use freeshop(or any homebrew), then go full MHXX on this?

I don't see why not

Any news for those still on 11.3.0-36U on the o3DS? Is it safe to update? Will NTR/Homebrew/etc. still work ?

The community, overall (GbaTemp, Reddit, the wankers on Discord, etc. ) seems to be spiraling down the toilet due to a bunch of trust issues.

The blue light doesn't light up at all when I try to power it on or give any indication of it turning on. I thought that maybe the battery had died.
I have a second old (not modded) red 3DS so I swapped the battery from the modded one to that one.
Blue's battery is working fine on my Red system and was even fully charged.
Placed Red's battery into the Blue system. No dice. Won't power up or light up.
When I try to charge the blue 3ds it looks like it'll charge.

I am still very ignorant to the 3ds modding scene so I'm not sure if my 3DS bricked or if the problem lies somewhere else. I don't have the systems NAND so if the system is bricked then I guess I have a new coaster. (and some spare parts..)
Any help or confirmation that it is indeed "bricked" is appreciated.

Maybe its the SD card? Try turning the 3ds on without it inside and see what happens.

Is firm.bin on the root of the SDCard? And did you even remember to copy firm.bin to the root of CTRNAND for that matter?

Hey, if you can get it cheaper than buying a new one, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, it's kind of stupid.

He already had one though.

This. Nintendo homebrew threads were shit, its a clusterfuck and nobody wants to post in a thread where so much shit is going on. Half of the posts i cant even recognize if its for 3ds or wiiu

so, i have stopped spotpass services and set no to the stuff in friendlist settings, can i use freeshop without getting the banhammer on stuff like say pokemon bank?

Is the golden age over lads?

Kek whatre you on about, we have a working file browser now with ftp and shit. My 3ds is slowly turning to an android device

we've had that since forever you retard. you people just don't bother looking so opportunistic faggots on GBATempt release their CS thesis projects and people like you think its a new thing

Weve never had a working file manager with ftp features until 3dshell came out you stupid fuck

Being retarded doesn't prove your point user

What else do you want? The 3DS already plays everything (freeshop/homebrew). No one cares about the internet browser or the 3D video player (I wish they did, I wanna watch 3D LEGO movie and 3D titties). There are multiple sites to get themes. You can hack the damn thing with a fucking magnet. You can even unban yourself.

So, what do you even want? Hell Bs9 wasn't even the golden age, al9h was, because it did all the same things, minus the random chance of bricking.

It doesn't need to change anymore because…

it's already perfect!

Seriously, what is it missing?

I just know a few persons who were remotely interested in this, and the work wasn't half bad but it worked better on N3DS. Here's one of the best artists for it, and he is switching to PSVR, apparently. twitter.com/DGW666
Also, here's a guide for making your own lewds.

There were a couple, I don't really remember the names, but it was back when Smegma was relevant.

As long as someone bought it digitally and uploaded their key.

Biggest thing that comes to mind is being able to run DS ROMs from the SD card without needing a flash cart. Other than that, being able to use FreeShop to get DLC for games that aren't on it - some games have their DLC tickets uploaded, like the SRW titles, but not the tickets for the games themselves (presumably the key contributors had physical copies,) and so you can't acquire the DLC through FreeShop. Cruel was supposedly working on addressing this, but then he got vanned.

There are a few sites that offer rips straight from the carts, specially useful for games that doesn't have digital releases. You can't have any room if someone doesn't bought the game, user, that's true for any console.
I think that was deemed impossible, wasn't it? The 3DS can't launch DS mode from the menu, I think it can only do it by reading directly from the card slot.
What happened to him?

I'm aware, just clarifying that FreeShop is far from complete.

Supposedly there was a workaround being investigated, but I've no idea on the status.

Turns out he was also running a site that hosted IRL CP.

I got an O2DS lying around on 9.9 FW. Can I hack that and use it to hack the N2DS XL?

pls respond

I don't mind using a flash cart (particularly as you have an extra means of games storage), but it would be great if you could select the games from the menu too.

Being able to use an extra SD card via the cartridge slot for other stuff would be great too, particularly with the N3DS, though no idea if that would be possible.

bls resbon

No shit you can.

how to get jap games in english?

Is there any way to get an 11.4.0 old 3DS running cfw

If you have a compatible card, try 3ds.guide/ntrboot

How is DQXI?

Does it have a skill system like DQVIII that allows you to specialize in what weapons/techniques you choose?
Is Martina the best girl?

Good

Yes

Yes

AAAAAAAAAA I WANT ETRIAN ODYSSEY 5
I HAVE THE SQ5 .CIA ON MY COMPUTER BUT CAN'T JUSTIFY STUMBLING THROUGH MOONRUNE UI'S FOR HOURS JUST TO MAKE NO PROGRESS IN A GAME THAT'S GETTING LOCALIZED THIS YEAR

Why would a localization matter? Just play the game.

So I haven't touched my 3ds in a while, not since around a few months back when that random ban wave went out. Has anything of note happened since then or do I just update luma and continue on as normal?

Because he doesn't know japanese in a game that's 99% text? I don't see how that's hard for you to understand

Japanese is a required skill for vidya to begin with, that's like saying "he doesn't know how to jump" in a Mario game. Like anything else in a game, you learn how to do it.

2 is really good imo and the gbc version they made a lot of things less tedious.

Got bought a 3DS. Can I just transfer ROMs onto it like the PSP or do I need to install custom software?

Yeah, everybody in this thread has custom firmware. After than you could dowload games directly off nintendo's servers from freeshop or use .cia files to download games online, transfer them to your 3ds, then download them there.

Excuse me?

This meme will never die now will it? Every new thing will always somehow reference TDKR plane scene.

I feel like I'm missing something here

"CIA" = CTR (the codename for the 3DS) Importable Application

halp?

Maybe the fact that you're new?

Nah, I just don't visit Holla Forums

Finally did so. Shit was easy as fuck and a CFW'd 2DS is cash.

Can't wait for my 2DS XL to arrive.

Is there anywhere I can buy a R4 easily without having to send money to some chink's paypal account?

Interested in the answer for this!

I used modchipdirect to get my r4 rts gold, but they're sold out.
all they have right now is r4 sdhc, not sure how well those work

So I got everything from 3ds.guide/ working on a 2DS I have. What do I do now?
Install Freeshop and get games or attempt to use homebrew for emulation purposes?
Can I get free games and will they work?
I'm really new to this and don't even know what games there are.

How the fuck do you get Freeshop to work?
I can't input the title keys url anywhere or it gets invalid.

Are you fucking retarded or just a utterly lazy cunt?

A mixture of both. I found games though.

How is the B9S hack? I never got the chance to put AL9H on my hacked N3DS and I haven't updated my hacked N3DS in a long time. Should I just use B9S if I never had use the AL9H hack?

naw, BS9 has absolutely no benefits over AL9H right now. Some even report slower boot times from BS9 over AL9H

Do 3DS emulators work yet? Does a Switch one already exist?

I don't have enough energy for this.

You should have seen the reaction over the NTR CFW.
Let's just say the 3DS community is easily triggered and incredibly salty.

He's right though.

Is there any place I can still get AL9H since the 3DS hacking guide site no longer carries it.

you got any links user? The friendcodeseed i was using got banned too(spotpass was off too). I wasn't using it til yesterday when miitopia was online and I haven't even updated to 11.5, how the fuck did they know

You can have spotpass on, you just can't send them data.

Been a while since I lurked these threads. What's up with Custom Home Menu Manager? Crashes on start and can't change my themes now

yes, no? i've unbanned myself already.

come on.

No and No. The least you could do when a system gets hacked inside-out is buy the fucking system and play the games the way they were meant to be played. Especially with a console that has two screens and a stylus. Goddamn casuals.

They were charging $40 for this? This shit should be $5 max and built into Mii Plaza.

That shit right here is why this thread exists.

If I had bought the game I'd be fucking livid. It takes me 3.5 hours of wageslaving to earn $40 and I got better things to spend it on.

I should have read the guide for hacking 11.5 before I went and bought this thing.

I usually reserve that term for people who buy games, not hardware.

There are a lot of dumb comments in this thread, and yours is definitely the dumbest. I can't even green text a response because all I can think is, "How are you even smart enough to breathe?"

Please educate this tiny-brain chimp, then. PLEASE.

Kill yourself.

Don't you have some bananas to eat?

No, your mother's tuna casserole.

I haven't used my 3ds much lately and got the itch to play some animal crossing and the bottom right of the top screen of my n3ds XL is flickering now. (oekaki related) Its the area where the c-nub rests in fact there was a imprint of the nub on that area of the screen. No my 3ds wasn't dropped or anything it has been in it's protective case on the shelf for the past few months. I haven't found anything of this specific nature in my searches unfortunately. Any clue what to do?

I'm actually using Shameless and the built-in QR function of FBI

gbatemp.net/threads/release-shameless-an-easy-to-use-eshop-ticket-qr-code-generator-for-fbi.424469/

I had to upgrade from a 16GB SD to a 32GB today, in the process I found out my PC actually has a USB 1.1 port on it.

fuck me, installation of cias is taking forever now on FBI(~38kB/S). I'm using a9hl without emunand, I should be able to just copy all of my files somewhere else, format the card, and then copy them back without anything breaking, right?

that's what I did earlier

Umm was I not suppose to use streetpass?
also what the fuck you can't check out the new people you met and its locked behind some $6 vip shit?

I did that too but it didn't help much. Best way is to get everything you can over Freeshop which goes much faster, and the few things you can't you just do in FBI.

2017 games list?

well there goes that. i guess ill just fuck with themes and emulate ds and gba games.

also for some reason my fbi version doesn't have remote install

uhhhhhhh

this won't put me on nintendo's shitlist after denying permissions to the 2 main ban points(friendlist and spotpass), right?(had to unban myself alfter forgetting that i had to check friendlist)

DQVIII originally had midi instead orchestral and didn't have voice acting; both of which were forced into it by Richard Honeywoods localization team. When Japs made the 3DS update; orchestral voice acting was added which the western localization team (Schloc LTD headed by Oli Chance) ripped both out and forced midi in.

The only censorship is what was forced by the Jap ratings board which luckily has people trying to mod out.

I don't know, what do you think?
UK can't die soon enough.

Plus Alpha did the early DQ remakes.

That's not Veronica which I hope is true since I've yet to play it.

What's with the random Mexican in that fantasy village?

Because there is a giant fucking difference between hearing an accent and reading the same accent written out phonetically. The accents only worked in VIII because there was voice acting to back them up.

Is there a way to sort the Freeshop by newest added titlekey? Sometimes it d/ls some new titlekeys, but I can't find them.