NIHON FALCOM THREAD, "Give Us Back Our Crossbell" edition

Don't forget to support the games (or not if it's a NISA release) and spoiler the spoilers!

Specially Xanadu Next. That masterpiece deserves bigger sales.

Cold Steel Undub Patch Here For Those So Inclined:

Jap voices for CS:
mega.nz/#!WkUyhDbb!B8dXNO2aBwNHibQ7tjTCyQLrX-bbBUV2jkZVUYxJ0Q4

Dummy files:
mega.nz/#!AoVmhDoL!h7fYCD14LQD14Ema9zWVvqHZegYJX2PF9EYWbn3x-DM

Just dump it in the voice folder. Easy as pie.

You need the dummy files or the new Audio XSeed added will be in English because the nips never recorded that much.

- Trails of Cold Steel I is out on PC on both Steam and GoG; ToCS II is also confirmed for PC with no release date available
- Tom on ToCS for PC: has its own separate launcher, "far more feature-rich than any other launcher we've ever had in any of our PC games to date" " There's not much you CAN'T do in that launcher." "You can tweak bloody EVERYTHING." It's also got a turbo mode that lets you speed up the game 4x, which is pretty sweet. It also runs butter smooth. Seriously, this port is great.
- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. Check gematsu.com and esterior.net for further details
- Tons of Falcom/Kondo interviews with some interesting details, will eventually make a list and a tl;dr

- Zwei II coming this Summer. Check this blog post to discover the game ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/162167486725/zwei-the-ilvard-insurrection-localization-blog )
- The full Trails in the Sky trilogy is finally on English, available on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store
- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, Vita version has already been released, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended

- Trails to Zero fan tl at 25%. Ao is 46% translated, but not edited at all yet. A beta of the Zero TL from 2015 was leaked. It is full of typos and sounds like robots are talking, but it is at least coherent from start to finish. Play only if you are desperate. Machine TL of Azure has also been released, and it is as terrible as you would expect. It is completely unintelligible.
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project announced, English tl patches coming in the next months ( tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm )
- Also in the works: Zwei!!, Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan, Dinosaur Resurrection and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-ao-no-kiseki-english-patch.476713/
trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html
trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs2.html
Kotamu.com
steamspy.com/app/436670
steamspy.com/app/23310
steamcommunity.com/app/251290/discussions/0/487876568235688548/
geofront.esterior.net/2017/06/05/boy-isnt-being-misrepresented-great-setting-out-the-facts/
youtu.be/_4YlFiR61RM?t=9
twitter.com/supremezerker/status/897185975696314368
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing personnel, kid.

Literally the only good thing about Trails series

Will anything Falcom puts out anymore come close to Origin/Felghana?

Is that Zero pc? Has the translation been ported?

Towa a best.

For how many fucking threads are you just going to copy-paste the news section without updating? It takes a few seconds you mongol.

It's Ao in all its machine translated glory. Zero is at least acceptable.

An actual human translation was added that replaces main story dialogue and quest dialogue, but leaves the rest still in machine translation. gbatemp.net/threads/wip-ao-no-kiseki-english-patch.476713/

Oh, I didn't think you'd be talking to the machine translated NPCs if you were using that version. :^)

Maybe I chose an old patch or something then.

Probably.

I think those are the right lines. Hard to tell with google translate.

No, this is it.

So wait, they're doing the Loewe thing again but not even trying to hide It? They put Crow on the fucking page, they're not even pretending.

Why would you be buying foreign releases to begin with? Jap or nothing.

Tio Plato voiced by Burch.

Calling it.

I like tried it twice, how exactly the fuck it is a good game? What am I missing?
Is constantly going back to town to rebuy keys after every couple of rooms is some god-tier game designs that I just don't grasp?

No it's all about waifu and social link now.

After the VA strike? I don't see it happening. Even so, don't even joke about that.

I'm going to make a call based on what we saw in recent pics however. Unless she becomes another member of the Reanbowl, Claire's going to end up being with/marrying Michael, given that they both work at the Railway Military Police and they have a rivalry and he worries about her. It would be a good way of honoring Miyu Matsuki's (Claire's VA) memory, given that she wasn't able to achieve her wish of getting married if she were to recover before her passing if Falcom decided to go that route.

Is that still happening? Is there a list of who's involved. I'm curious about who I won't hear for the next year or two.

I don''t think so, but it certainly hurt/killed her career, given that she won't be reprising her role in the next Life is Strange game from what I've heard.

I don't want burches in my games. Neither writing or voicing them.

pls no

That's some shit luck with keys. Get the Bone Carver from Agnes (the robed adventurer you find starting in Clover Ruins) and make sure to get its upgrade later on at Trechier Woods. This will minimize having to backtrack for buying keys.

In style? Not unless they're sure they have a hardcore audience that would really buy it (Oath/Origin didn't do amazing either). In quality? Ys VIII's up there.

They're making another one of those!? Shit, I've been out of the loop. I didn't even know Vanquish and Bayonetta released on PC until a few days ago.

It's Loewe again.

Fuck that, he had a good farewell. I really hope they don't bring him back.

NANI
A
N
I
dick = diamonds
too bad it's ps4 only

also the character designer has an impeccable gift to not create characters with flaws. I am in to everybody from ED7 to now. 1+2 they were generic, 3-5 they were flat, 6 it was muh charm, 7 and 8 it's sex, intrigue, and badassary so much so they look like they were downspeced from a mecha design.

Lord help me

I really like the designs from CS3

But I also love the designs from Zero and Ao. I just really like that artist's style

Flat? The Gagharv designs themselves are both trope-y and unique, just tailored for a more traditional low-to-high-fantasy setting than what we've got with Trails. Iwasaki's character art in the Win9x and PSP remakes does a massive favor to those designs…she'd be a much better promo artist for Trails if you ask me.

PSA: beware of cute underage girls with giant weapons. They are not for sexual- approach with caution. Do not feed the loli.

I swear to God if all this hype for Ys 8 and it turns out to be Celceta over again.
I swear to God if all this hype is actually true but fucking NISA ends up making a buggy shit tier optimization unplayable port and a trsnalation to match

I've heard from many that Ys 8 is the magnum opus of the series.

That honestly sounds too good to be true from what little I've seen of the start of the game.

Ys SEVEN PC release date confirmed for August 30th release.
Okay, now we're getting Jewed out by 10 dollars.

And after 4 months I've managed to complete SC, wasn't liking it very much at the beginning but it eventually grew on me. Don't think I'll start immediatly with the 3rd, maybe I'll get back to complete Napishtim. Dealing the final blow to Weissmann with a meatball was pretty amusing

with the VA strike? HAHAHAHAHA

So does this mean Millium is getting a new VA?

The game's been out for like a year now, what are you talking about?

There's supposed to be extra content and shit so that's enough for me.

Go to sleep Angie.

Do you have a download link for Ao PC?

I don't get it, it's like they want it to sell like shit.

All those spoilers by Falcom and i didn't even finish CS 1 yet

Xseed is not know for their business brilliance user, they don't know how to hype a game and market a product but this is actually not a bad move, more people may buy 7 because of 8 close release. anyway at least they still good at the most important part of their job which is translating/localizing, Falcom giving any importance to that instead of quick bucks is what worry me the most now.

I don't see much overlap between Cold Steel and Ys Seven buyers. Most PSP buyers of Trails either didn't know or care about Ys at that point or were more into the fan-translated PC games. As for VIII coming soon, Seven would sell worse after the much-improved sequel's on Steam. Tom @ XSEED said the reason they've been able to port Seven this year is because their recent new projects won't be ready until 2018, which means it's time to pad and get something like Seven PC out before people lose interest.

Also, this announcement being 3 weeks out is much better than usual for them. Let's see if they bother to market it now, which they should given their competition.

So wait, Zwei 2 is coming 2018?
FUCK.

No, but it won't be out until the end of September because that's technically still Summer. :^)

Man, while I definitely prefer the extravagant opera dress, I could definitely get used to this new Vita. Maybe it's the gloves & fan.

All I know is no companies really release the titles of the same series in such a short timespan, probably to avoid the older one not selling at all as people hold off. Sure, sales would probably not be impressive after Ys 8 came out, but now they might be even worse. Anyone who researches enough will know which one is better, and those who don't bother researching probably are typical normalfags and they'll be put off by the graphics as it honestly is the worst looking Ys title on Steam. If other Ys made a good impression on them, they'll give the old one a try to check if the older/newer game was as good, but because Ys 8 is soon after and it doesn't look awful, I think Sven's sales performance will be very bad.

It's not even likely people will confuse them and buy 7 thinking it was 8 because one uses Roman numbers, the other writes Seven.

Anyone interested in Ys will research and realize Seven is more than worth a play, especially knowing it's the precursor to the newest entry, and two weeks before VIII makes it look like a good appetizer. Speaking of visuals, enough players already skip Chronicles solely because it's old and 2D; XSEED's market here is mostly tolerant of older-looking games so long as they have a neat art-style (one reason I think Xanadu Next didn't do well). And there's a captive Ys audience on Steam/GOG which almost guarantees XSEED will make their money back and be able to offer deeper, more psychologically attractive discounts later.

Besides, releasing around the holidays instead would really screw over this release, and XSEED doesn't want to have a reputation for delayed launches anymore. I'm not expecting Seven to sell super-well purely because of its age and the lack of means to update it for 2017, but it can still be a profitable port with legs. They should build up hype over these weeks, though, by showing off footage and non-spoiler content for once. No doubt it would help to have actual marketing.

Maybe, lets hope is some veteran that didnt join the VA union or a new talent that may or may not suck.

no english va can do lolis well

Who knows, they could get Erica Lindbeck (Vita) to double up, and use her Futaba voice for Millium.

I'm not even going to buy Zwei 2, even though it's my favorite PC game, unless they fucking fix the bloom. My god the bloom in that game is horrendous.

Because lolis are inherently shit. So of course they only sound decent in a language you can't understand.

Why is there such a small amount of Ys doujins? They're either 80 gazillions year old or don't exist, Trails have incomparably more.

Yeah, it's very much worth a play, but what will they choose if they only have money for one? I can and will buy both unless fuckery happens, but that won't be the case for everyone. It'd be better as an "Appetizer" if it wasn't 25$ but at most 20, I think.
I don't think spoilers matter for Ys, the stories are… Well, they care so much about the story, I remember Celceta's trailers outright showing Gruda smiling as something's burning in the background. It made it too obvious that he is gay for Adol. Red flames clearly represent Adol as they share his hair colour and don't combine with water too well, the city ravaged by fire represents Gruda's body, smiling Gruda actually represents his own, true self's thoughts and his wild enjoyment at being claimed by Adol. Don't take Ys games literally, they're too complicated and deep, everything you see needs interpretation

I believe my ID changed as it randomly does every X hours because it asked me for shit. That sucks I guess.

I think even in Japan Ys is not as popular, perhaps?

Like if you go look at fanart there's considerably less Ys than Trails as well.

Well, Ys is more about the gameplay, whereas Trails is more about the story and characters, so it's not shocking it gets more art.

Whoever did that little girl in Tales of Xillia 2 did a pretty good job.

Is Ys Seven coming with any extra content or is it just a decent FPS?

oh god my heart

I don't think even Xseed could do something as stupid marketing-wise as forgetting to tell people about such a major selling point, so yeah, only FPS/upscale. If there was any extra content or anything beyond the above, they'd have mentioned it unless they are beyond clueless.

Machias is a chump. I gave him the striped uniform and the white plush cat.

It's xseed so who knows.

?

Jeez, between Zephyr, Victor S. Arseid, and the Bracer Guild, Rean can't afford to break a Best Girl's heart.

I'm hoping this'll happen.

Just wait.
Suddenly we'll be introduced to Emma's grandmother/Hexen Clan elder.

Someone call Kevin. Which reminds me, I wonder how the church looks upon pagan elements like the witches? Emmas reaction to them isn't really that favorable.

Do the trails games work well on Loonix
Also brandish works perfectly with a keyboard. Bound the analog controls to numpad so that it's easy to reach out from the arrow keys for spells and whatnot. I still haven't tried Nayuta, but I might since truth be told Brandish is starting to get boring.

I can't wait for Emma's grandmother to find out about Rean waifuing Vita

Is there an english version for this shit?

Yes.
trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html

If you didn't know about that, you probably don't know about the thing that got cut from Cold Steel II either.

trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs2.html

They just reference this cut shit casually too, which is very annoying.

It's the best part of the VA strike. It's letting new talent come in and actually do a decent job, meaning hacks like Burch won't be in as many games.

Yeah I have nothing against unions but a GUILD is not a union.

It amazes me how the actors guild is even legal. Its literally the Mafia extorting people. They can even BLACKLIST you.

The same thing was going on in the UK but in the 70s it finally got broken up.

Man gamers are so fucking shit. FC became a meme.

Kotamu.com (please use archive.is)m/how-to-get-into-trails-one-of-the-best-rpg-series-out-1786275078

Turns out most people never even finished it. Sales of this series dropped off a goddamn cliff.

steamspy.com/app/436670

I mean Steam fags are the kind of shopaholic women who will buy ANYTHING on a sale to put in their closet never to wear. So I guess it will do allright once Xseed sells it for 99 cents. Like Last Remnant.

steamspy.com/app/23310

He's supposed to be dead right? how are they gonna explain this one away.

Fortunately I think we can safely say that VA's will never ever be a selling point for vidya, so they'll never be able to strong arm developers into getting their way.

What is happening to randy in this pic?

>How are they gonna explain this one away Explain Crow and Osborne It's magic and shit.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Majority of video games aren't being finished at all and I guess most of the folks that bought these games on Steam already played it on their consoles. But it's still a good investment because these ports are going to be on platform that will be available forever.

How much is the development budget for these games?

This is true. I mostly only use steam to buy shit I like that I've already played before.

Considering the nature of everyone that's "dead," I have to wonder if there's someone that's looking to create a constant state of war to accomplish something dastardly, and that this person is behind all of these mysterious revivals.

Why?

And yes, Steamfags are known to just buy games on sale, play for five minutes, then repeat the process.

His stomach is growling you pervert.

I'm pretty sure FC numbers are so high because it was given away in humble bundles with other games and such.

Sorry guys.

Nice.

Why is Pink Lloyd freaking out about crossbell

A year of rice supply for each member of the dev team

She wants Crossbell back.

I dont remember FC in any humble bundle

why the fuck did Falcom cut this shit out of the game? it's shounen as fuck but at least it develops Rean as a character, hell even his foster family gets some time in it and this is quite more important than a lot of stuff that happens in some chapters, is Falcom retarded?

Because the Vita didn't have enough room. It is entirely the PS Vita's fault.

Pink Flloyd has all reason to be cranky.

Now that is some of bullshit and a big one of that, it's entirely Falcom fault period, FALCOM choose to cut a vital part of Rean character development, if "room" was the main issue they could cut some other crap instead of something so important. I really don't get it, how could they not only cut something like this and have the guts to sell it as a Drama-CD for some special edition, what a fucking farce.

You forgot the part where despite hating everything he stands for she can't help wanting to witness the sword of the Vander.

Actually yes, it is the Vita's fault. Because Ymir was an entirely new area. That's what wouldn't fit. You would have had to have cut an entire field study, and while I wouldn't have been opposed to cutting, say Roer, because I hate Alisa, I can't deny the plot stuff than happened there was more essential than what is essentially a hotsprings breaks with a little bit of development for Rean. So yes, I blame the Vita. It also cost us some things in CS2 as well. That's why CS3 is going to be better. They don't have to cater to outdated hardware anymore.

making me think

I'll give you a better reason, Roer didn't need to be there because it didn't introduce anything new to the table, and was Alisa focused. Considering she stole Gaius' chapter she didn't need her own. It would've been fine if left to description. Ymir gives development to Rean and introduce Ouroboros, which is pretty fucking relevant considering the end is coming up. Plus it establishes Rean's new scroll and abilities, and rise to Intermediate level.

It did actually. In spite of Alisa, the (absolutely) dividing of the Reinford Company is important to the plot. It also shows just how bad tensions between Imperial and Provencal forces are, as well as setting up Crow's (admittedly) failed gambit. Plus, hinted at Claire's feelings for Rean. Just a bit.

Nord is, sadly, important. It's very likely one of the resting places of one of the two parts of the great power. Celdic is less vital, but Ymir for Field Study 1 wouldn't work. The problem with Ymir is that there's nothing near there that could serve as drama.

But yeah, if there had been no Vita version Ymir would have been in there.

That explains a lot, they shouldnt have done that, people dont even play most of the humble bundle games.

holy crap

You're acting as if cutting down the size of Nord would add enough space for a brand new town, fieldtrip and VA.

Maybe he just really loves the PS Vita. Maybe he's Chad Warden.

I'm flat out saying that there is plenty to cut from the game to make room for the Main Character development in a JRPG, but it's quite pointless to discuss such thing with you and him as both of you seem to be like my Blizzard fanboy friend so i will just stop wasting my time, but do keep blaming a console for a developer decision.

handlehold consoles have destroyed many of my favorite series, they are cancer, so no i don't love the Vita and don't even have one, but blaming Vita for something FALCOM CHOOSE to do is retarded.

Downsizing Nord and a little bit of Celdic was all you said.

That won't be enough to shove in a new assets, programming, voice acting etc.

And if they had to cut out more than that, they'd sell it as a drama CD anyway and we'd be having the same conversation.

They wouldn't have to make that choice to begin with if it weren't for console limitations. You can argue Falcom made a poor decision on what to cut but ultimately it was the vita's fault anything had to be cut to begin with.

I WILL NEVER NOT BE ANGRY
I WILL NOT STOP BEING FURIOUS ABOUT THIS! I WANTED TOKYO XANADU SO BAD BUT NOW ITS BEEN SAVAGED!
EX+ IS A FEW MONTHS AWAY BUT NO ONE HAS GIVEN ANY SIGN THIS WILL CHANGE! THE LAZIEST THING TO DO IS TO COPY-PASTE THE SCRIPT INTO THE NEXT ADDITION AND I THINK THEY WILL DO THAT!
I AM SO ANGRY MY FINGERNAILS ITCH

AKSYS, FIX THIS!
I KNOW YOU READ THESE THREADS YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR LIVES look I don't mean to be mean but YOU RAPED A GOOD GAME WITH TYPOES AND MEMES NOW FIX IT FIXIT AAAAAA

Its time to learn moonrunes, user

CS1

CS2:

It's like Gaius's whole purpose was to give Class VII a home to stay in during their field trip and then he got shoved into some forgotten closet and is now collecting dust.

I'm too old to learn a new language, let alone one that looks like something crafted by mad dwarves in the center of the sun.

CS3

Indians aren't that interesting to begin with, mate.
Just be glad he's not gonna start wearing a feathered headdress

how does it feel to be retarded?

It's always the quiet ones in these games, man.

What the fuck, his "tattoo" on his arm alongside his piousness is mighty convenient. Though I just wished he had a little more involvement besides just being there, but it can't be helped if he is on some undercover mission I suppose. I'm gonna be very disappointed if they don't do something with him in CS3.

Like what? In general I've seen them do more good, they tend to be the refuge of good and interesting games to hide from executive meddling due to budget. 90% of good games of the past decade or so have been on the DS/3DS and PSP/Vita.

If you love vidya, you'll do it sooner or later.

He would have had some if Alisa didn't forcibly remove his development in favor of making everything about her.

and considering the amount of story connected to those trips most likely adding another few hours, it would have gone over the limit, dipshit.

He'll probably shine in CS3. I'm expecting him to, really, given that he's part of the church now.

I think he didn't get as much spotlight because he's probably the most mature character out of Class 7. He's already developed, and the only things that need filling in were his reasons for joining Thors, and him trying to fit in to Imperial traditions and whatnot. He doesn't have any hangups like the other characters do; he feels at home with his family, unlike Rean and Alisa. He's not a part of the noble/commoner dispute like Machias and Jusis. He's sure of his goal and position in life, unlike Emma and Elliot. He doesn't have a big secret and a past like Fie does.

Laura is the only one that's equivalent to him, but she still got hung up on Fie's dishonesty and holding back for a while. And she's still a noble, despite Legram and her father trying to stay out of it, at least in the first game.

It's like you never heard how compression works

Do I get anything worth a shit for 100%'ing the fishing minigame? Because otherwise I don't really see myself putting time into it.

In which game? Cold Steel? I think max rank gets you a Master Quartz and an accessory you need for a Zemurian Ore shard.

Sky Second Chapter

steamcommunity.com/app/251290/discussions/0/487876568235688548/
Apparently you can get tiger hearts and crimson eyes from some of the fish. I mostly ignored fishing when I played, I just fished a few times whenever I came across a spot and didn't worry about it.

Quick question about SC
Are Ouroboros actually gonna turn out to be a a highly trained elite sort of thing or are all they going to be a bunch of teenagers who have the powers of literal gods by being edgy fucks?

That's not the case so you can rest assured and go ahead and beat the game which will explain it all for you.

Neither, kinda

Ouroboros is an enigma. A little bit of them get revealed more and more each game. They have some way of gaining power (Divergent Laws) that messes with some crazy, possibly otherworldly shit.

Some of their enforcers are just highly powerful , trained badasses without too much outside power, though.

I beat SC a week ago getting all the achievements, the only thing I remember that you gain with fishing is that if you fish the Valeria Lake king you'll get a card that will grant you the ability to buy baits of every kind at the fishermen guild.

Ouroboros recruits people from all walks of life, from adults to kids, if you've got the skills, they'll take you on. Some are edgy, but most are just having a good time and almost none take things 100% seriously. Ouroboros is a very weird organization and even seven games in there's still plenty about it we don't know.

Vamp loli is going to be Emma's granny.

It's pretty damn easy. Sept-terrion of Time and go back and grab them at the last second. We know Erebonia has The Flame and "the Maw that consumes all". That second one is obviously Time.

I don't think so, honestly. I think Time will be last, and is in Arteria. The second Erebonian sept is likely water, There have been subtle hunts toward this. And some not so subtle ones.

Does The 3rd take place during Zero? Joshua and Estelle said they were in Crossbell when they were transported to Phantasma, and don't they arrive in Crossbell toward the beginning of Zero?

The 3rd takes place before Zero. They were heading to Crossbell when they got picked up.

Basically, what Joshua says there doesn't match up with the timeline of Ring of Judgement or Zero. The "trusted source" they learned bout Renne from was Ein, who they met after working with Toval for a while. Then they went to Crossbell in Chapter 1 of Zero. In Chapter 1 they also reference the events of 3rd happening months before. So basically, because Ring of Judgement and Zero were written after 3rd, you have to take Joshua saying they're already in Crossbell as non-canon and that, despite RoJ making it look like they get to Crossbell instantly after hearing about Renne, it must have taken them a few months. It seems 3rd happens some time between Ring of Judgement and Zero. It's one of the few times they fuck up continuity.

Did they walk? Why not take a train? :^)

All I know is RoJ must have happened before 3rd, Estelle and Joshua arrive in Crossbell in Zero Chapter 1 and say 3rd happened months ago.

I thought the demiourge was time because of how it's boss fight works

No, that's actually the mirage sept-terrion, but because of the way it was made this time, KeA also had dominion of over time and space as well, letting her rewrite reality at will. So she could make a timeline where Crossbell was untouchable, and where she could save Lloyd from getting killed by Joachim in Zero. And, possibly though this is just theoretical, Helping Class VII reach the railway guns in time so Crossbell wasn't destroyed.

What the shit, now I have something to read after marathoning all 7 games. Thanks.

It's not super long, and it's a pretty good read.

So what is it with these games and making translators go crazy? That floofy or whatever is also depressed though no suicide attempts yet. This series is cursed.

I despise handheld consoles. Playing on a small screen is fucking SHIT. And I am by no means a graphics whore but putting a PSP or Vita game on a 4k screen makes it terrible to look at.

I understand the economics though. Making a Vita or 3DS game is cheap.

So…there are definitely new Millium lines in the PC port. Does this mean Burch isn't on strike? Is she breaking it? What's up?

geofront.esterior.net/2017/06/05/boy-isnt-being-misrepresented-great-setting-out-the-facts/

Well, I'll just say my warning lights are going off. I just get huge flashbacks to other times when fans working on big projects go mental because of stress and feeling unappreciated. He kinda sounds like the sort that will go nuclear if he reads one too many negative comments about the work he does. I sure hope he doesn't but still man.

She. And, well, thankfully she hasn't been really working on the project since, and others have taken her place. Current status of Zero's translation edits are nearing 30% completion.

Yeah, Floofy is a she and she ragequit off the Zero translation when the beta leaked and someone said it was "good enough" to understand the game. It doesn't really matter though, since by all accounts she wasn't even working on it a whole lot to begin with.

To each their own I guess, I don't really see any benefit from larger screens for most games, and certainly not enough to beat out how much better the games tend to be on the handhelds.

Maybe you shouldn't be doing pointless work then? No one should be trusting other people's translations in the first place, they're never reliable.

Yeah, red flags started popping up when she raged over the beta leak of the Zero translation.

Fantranslators can be quite scary at times.

Indeed. Falcom fans are no exception.

$250k for translating weebshit?! The people working for the Japanese UN ambassador don't even get that much.

Looks like NISA is roping in Atlus to help shill Ys 8.

It's so weird. What the fuck could Atlus gain from this?

Gotta get a slice of that falcom pie.

Are they publishing it in yurop?

have we gotten any sneak peaks of how bad the localization is going to be yet?

Money? NISA likely paid for that and Altus said, "Sure, free money."

Nope, NISA is doing that. Atlus don't do Europe.

Nope

They're explicitly trying to hide their work after the backlash against them calling the tortoise boss a vase.

I bet Dana's just shit anyways.

People here who've played it say it's one of the best ones, so NISA getting it really hurts

Well, I suppose at least they are smart enough to lay low. Hopefully they are also smart enough to know a lot of people aren't happy at all that they got the rights to Ys and this'll be a fairly safe localization.

It's actually pretty damn good man. Just import the Jap version like the rest of us.

There have already been screenshots of grammar errors in character bios.
There was one instance where they managed to translate a character name wrong despite all the names already being written in the roman alphabet. Evidently it was either translated by machine or the translator gives so few shits he didn't recognize the kana as a character's name.

Yeah fucking right. It's hard to swallow that shit after Seven and Celceta.

…. why in the world is NISA so consistently awful?

Because it's fucking NISA.

If Spike Chunsoft dropping them from PC releases of Dangitronpaul is any indication people are starting to slowly figure shit out. Hopefully they won't even let them touch the next entry in the series.

Atlus and NISA share a distributor.

Losing Danganronpa would be a huge blow for NISA. I don't think it'd be the killing blow they deserve, but they can't keep losing IPs like this, which is probably why they want their grubby hands on Falcom

Has anyone else tried the Zero no Kiseki fan translation in Adrenaline on the Vita? It crashes for me when I try to scroll through recipes.

I get that too. It also consistently crash when I try to play poker, blackjack, or the slot machines (but not the roulette), and sometimes when I open the screen to open/upgrade the orbments slots.
I've read that the bug also happen on a real PSP, but not on PPSSPP, so if you really want to try that stuff, then you can transfer your save onto your PC.

You would be amazed how often there are already official Romanizations for names in games and such made by the devs that localizers just ignore wholesale.

Because they're a foreign company that profits off of shitting on Japanese games.

I've already been playing in emulator because of it, just wondering.

Are there any mods to play as Olivert or anything for Cold Steel PC yet?

there's a mod that let's you play as a rooster and since it's just model swapping, I'd assume that there is a mod to let you play as "Olivert" i.e. Rean in Olivert's skin.

You can swap any model. But it's not like Olivert has a moveset or anything. Why would he? He's not playable in 1 or 2.

Rean's just nice like that. He can tell Towa's under a lot of stress, so even when she degenerates to spouting gibberish sounds, he plays along like he understands.

New Ys 8 filler trailer from NISA centered around Adol. No surprise that there still isn't any text and they're still hiding their logo.

At least he isn't called Adel in this one

It's a trailer, what do you really expect? Game trailers don't really have any text besides "cool combat 10/10"-type advertshit. It's meant to show gameplay and pretty cinematics/whatever to be hype the viewer, not text to bore normalfags. Watch any trailer, there'll be a similar ratio of action to text, meaning pretty much only action.

NISA's logo is pretty clearly displayed at 30 seconds in, and it's there for 10 seconds so effectively a fourth of the video, same size as all the other logos. It's also a video on their official channel, so how are they hiding anything? If it was displayed any more, it'd be longer there than Falcom's, and that would be a shitty thing to do.

They're truly bad at marketing aren't they? NISA has been flooding trailers after trailers, fully knowing gematsu, rpgsite and whatnot are all going to be reposting them which is basically additional new advertising every single new trailer they make.

Cold Steel doesn't trailer well. It's hard to make a compelling trailers out of Trails game at all to be honest.

They just needed to show anything cool-looking. It's been proven that people who check store pages usually only check the first 15 seconds or so of the first video on the game's page so it gotta have something to catch their attention.

Finally finished CS after 80hrs, it's not a bad game but a huge disappointment to me, hopefully 2 is way better.

I would call them bad if at least they tried which they don't. Tom claims that they "are happy wit the reception" but they are happy with anything pass 10k even if CS now sits at page 9 of steam best sellers and falling not even 2 weeks in. Besides Tom himself said that they are aware of their poor/non-existent marketing skills BUT they don't think that is a huge problem. Maybe it will take everyone "stealing" their contracts for them to wake up.

Show off attack animations and tense moments. Keep it short and sweet, no greater than 45 seconds. Have a character voiceover explain their situation if you must.

Cutting a trailer is as easy as statistics manipulation, XSeed is just really bad at it/doesn't have enough people to do it/lazy.

I like CS, but it's very "light" when it comes to major plot happenings. Things don't come together until the end, most of the game is just fleshing out characters and fixing their hangups.

CS2 is much better, but there's a dry spell around the middle. The intermission, final stretch and divertissement/epilogue are the highlights of the game for me, though.

i notice that, quite frankly it's badly done I HATE YOU->WE ARE BEST FRIENDS! too fast too shallow.

The only hatred between characters are from Machias/Jusis. Everyone else are strangers early on, and Machias and Jusis are vitriolic to each other right up until the end. It's more like they called a truce with each other.

The only reason Machias and Rean make up faster is because Rean doesn't taunt him the same way Jusis does.

If you're talking about Laura/Fie, it's more about Laura having a hangup about Fie's dishonesty and holding back, rather than hatred.

I can't think of any more conflict between two characters. Alisa/Rean? Alisa's been wanting to apologize, and it's weeks ingame before she finally does. The calendar ingame does show how much time passes, and how much weeks of things you missed. Some things can feel very fast because of that.

I don't even think Machias hates Jusis anymore.

At the end of the game they've more or less become friends by force. They still insult each other, but it's more rivalry than outright hatred like at the beginning.

It's more of a rivalry thing

i didn't meant literal hate, but it would improve the game a lot if it was, i mean the little crisis those high school students have in their fake military academy. Machias and Jusis were the only kinda believable ones the rest was just shallow and pathetic. i don't quite hate CS but when i compare it to FC and specially Zero which got my attention from the start with the political/police/moral corruption, the role of SSS, the whole Crossbell situation been manipulated by the 2 super powers, threaten by WMDs, the mafias sponsored by the super powers, people losing fate, now compare all that to what happens in CS. CS felt to me waaay to pushy and forceful with the whole POWER OF FRIENDSHIP! crap, not a terrible game but really disappointing and the ending didn't help one bit.

That's why I say the NA vs. IA conflict should've split Class VII with CS II being about bringing them together again and trying to stop the War.

Team NA would be Crow, Jusis, and Laura. Team IA would be Machias, Millium, and Elliot. Team Neutral would start with Gaius, Fie, Emma, Alisa, and Rean. Of course, that would mean changing the NA from complete obvious villains and giving them a more justifiable motive for war, but I think it would've been better than having all the NA be jackasses and having Class VII claim neutrality despite totally fighting for and with the IA.

Her dad wants nothing to do with the NA and neither does she.

Also don't see why Crow would join the noble army as a student, that'd just make him more obvious

You're missing the entire point of those characters you're shoving into the Noble Alliance just for conflict's sake.

Please never attempt to write anything

Well, that got a response. But clearly none of you read the whole thing, because I pointed out in order for this split to happen, the NA would need a more justifiable reason to go to war than what they have. I KNOW Laura and Jusis wouldn't stick with them as presented in-game.

This would be during CSII, fool.

Easy there. I was just half asleep when I read your post.

Still though. While Crow doesn't join the NA solidly in CS2, he does appear as an ally to them, same way as the rest of Ouroboros, right up until Cayenne attempts to get Vermillion at the end. If you want Crow to actually join the NA without rewriting his backstory/motivations, then you'd probably have to change the ending of CS1 (where he failed in his plans to shoot Osborne) so his goal isn't accomplished and he joins up with them fully to pursue it. But even then you'd have to rewrite his relationship with Vita and the ILF, and maybe a bit of his character too. Crow doesn't care about the noble alliance, they just have similar goals, and in return for her aid is his plans, he's helping Vita.

Secondly, without rewriting Laura, even with a "good" reason for the NA to go to war, Laura would probably still be neutral, like her father will also most likely be. And the NA is instigating it. War is war, whether they had a more justifiable reason or not. Without changing Laura's character, she would still be in the neutral camp.

Jusis will of course be the hardest to convince, since he is the most noble of the classmates, but even then, given his backstory, he would still join Class VII anyway after some convincing in your version of CS2… just like he does in this CS2.

In fact, I think the were already in camps (just with Laura in neutral) in this CS2, but just not as strongly as you want.

I'm not saying CS1 and CS2 are perfect. CS1 focuses on the classmates and bringing them together, while CS2 focuses on the war and the Noble Alliance's goals (CS3 will be focusing on Osbourne's). There should've been more conflict in CS1, and they become friend that are split up at the end. Basically the same idea, but just with more tempers and infighting.

If anything I think the biggest flaw with CS2 is the lack of showing what was going on in Western Erebonia. The fighting was bloodier and there was more destruction, but they only told us through the characters' mouths, we didn't see anything. Maybe we'll see remnants of it in CS3 but there's less impact without actually being there (like seeing how Garellia was before and after it got scooped out with an ice cream scoop). I think the middle of the game should've been more about checking out that while hunting for the Zemurian ore instead of just going from shrine to shrine.

After the intermission it felt like nothing was actually going on. It was suddenly very peaceful, allowing the party to wander around as they like. Sure, you have fights in between, but since it was a predictable repeating process, it didn't feel like much.

No, user, I read your post. They wouldn't join them even if you rewrite the NA. Laura doesn't give two shits about nobility neither does the Viscount. Jusis is the bastard son of a Duke who doesn't even acknowledge him most of the time. I doubt he'd care to side with the NA. You'd have to rewrite the games and the characters entirely to get over your hangup.

there is no need for a split, but the character had to be more than a archetype "Boy that everyone loves, is kind hearted, hidden power, chosen one, tragic past", "Kind hearted girl that is easily flustered, family issues, has difficult with showing her feelings and is prone to cause misunderstandings", "Stoic girl, who doesn't know how to act feminine", The game tries so hard to make me like them but they all end up feeling shallow and "i have seen that shit before in a mediocre anime" to me, Falcom should put more faults in their characters so they don't feels so shallow. By the way it's not just CS most FALCOM games have the same issue of absolute good vs absolute evil where the heroes are pure with a few personal problems and the villains are just a bunch of piece of shits, Also, does FALCOM uses two writers on CS? because it feels like one wanted to make a serious political story and the other something like a shounen anime or Persona 3.

Maybe it is time for people to accept their favourite vidya is not popular? No amount of marketing is gonna make normalfaggies care about this series.

Xseed could discount these games and throw them in a bundle. Personally I consider that cheating. But that's what gamers have become: buy stuff they'll never play.

You don't want normalfags getting interested in your games. Ever.

What are they going to do?
Ysouls?

Prepurchase for Ys VIII on Steam starts on September 5. Surprised NISA chose to put preorder up for such a small timeframe.

When is it releasing then? Later in september?

September 12th in NA. September 15th in Europe.

12th September worldwide.

September 12th is when you can pirate it

A bit of the character clichés lies in the fact they needed to adapt to the market of young teenagers. But on the other hand, why do all of them need some tragic past or ridiculous faults in them? If the game's characters was anything like say Danganronpas then I would cry.

Prepurchase with free DLCs for preordering or buying a week late. Surprisingly not jewish, they must be pretty confident they did a good job if they allow their pre-order bonuses after game's release.

Nope, I'm European and it shows 12th on the Steam page, unless you mean physical non-PC or something.

I think it's something they do a lot. I remember they did that for another game and it was limited as in once the week's gone you can't get the DLC at all. At least it gives an intensive to buy early I guess.

Looks like my toaster won't run it.
Also what's with the 30 gigs for storage?

both are not needed, i favor some fault to characters as a means to make them more human but nothing ridiculous like Dangan, small things like a character been a bit greedy, jealousy( not the Alisa type ), small stuff that is never overblown but make them all more real and complete instead of just KIND+GOOD+TRAGIC PAST/TRAUMA+OVERBLOWN FRIENDSHIP. As for tragic past i agree that is ridiculous on the Kiseki series Estelle/Joshua, Kevin, Lloyd( too a far lesser degree) and Rean all have some past trauma and i hope the Calvard arc drop that crap because it's getting tiring, the only one that was really well done was Renne which is one of the only 3 characters i actually liked from TitS the others been Olivert and Richard.

If they were confident they did a good job they would have released more pr shots with text. Its more desperation than confidence.

NISA can't optimize PC ports worth shit, all of their PS2 to PC ports are ridiculously bloated despite it being all just simple upscalling.
The digital jap PS4 version is nowhere near 30 gb, it doesn't even break 15 GB

PS4 release was 16GB. What the fuck did they do to nearly double that size?

Well fuck this, I really wanted to play it with all the nifty shit.

Uncompressed files. It'll be an unoptimized train wreck with Denuvo added on.

Uncompressed audio and uncompressed textures.
Or they pulled what they did to Cladun X2's PC port did at launch where they accidentally put the game up on steam with every game asset multiplied by four and didn't bother patching it until a month after release dropping the game size from 3.1 GB to 525 MB

I think it might be because of dual audio. Who knows though. The req themselves aren't too bad, though the CPU seems to be quite high (that's actually the one I own).

Look at IFI's PC ports, they've got dual audio and some of their games have way more audio than YS VIII. Yet none of them get anywhere near this fucking huge.
Even with the dual audio it shouldn't be this huge, NISA is just lazy as fuck and didn't compress anything.

That or it's a place holder. Doesn't matter too much to me though as I have huge amount of space. But yeh it suck for people with low amount of space.

Well if were lucky we might get someone good handling the crack and they'll just remove all the english dubbing or at least compress the ever loving fuck out of the game so the download won't be as fuck huge.
There are a few jap game cracks that do that and leave the dub audio as a second optional download.

Do crackers do that? I've not pirated a game in years, so I dunno how that scene stuff works anymore to be honest.

Is there an English version/translation patch for the original Zwei!! out there?
I'm having a hard time looking it up because google/bing/yahoo/yandex/lycos completely ignore the two exclamation marks and would rather explain to me that "zwei" is German for 2.

Very rarely, but it does happen. There is a version of tales of symphonia PC floating around somewhere with the english audio gutted so it's small enough to be shared on filesharing sites.

I see, that's interesting. I guess pirates are weebs, like me.

In my experience that might mean the game takes so much space or be random, exaggerated numbers. Blazblue CF said it wants 50 GBs of storage, and it was 45 GBs. I don't know how they could manage to remove dual audio and have it take more space at the same time, but they did it anyway.
Some companies just put random shit there though, usually exaggerated so less people refund because it doesn't work well I guess. Requirements might be about right or complete bullshit.

There's like a month before release, they might do so still and I'd be surprised if they didn't. Also, sound files and movies take the most space for the majority of games. Size almost doubling isn't irrational when you consider you have to put two versions of cinematics and speech for each language.

They got a konami situation going. Even if their games flounder their anime division keeps them alive like how Konami's sports clubs keep them alive regardless of their fuckery.

I got 20 bux and am a newfag to Nihon Falcom games
Is there anything anyone could recommend I get? I was planning on pirating but if I have the extra money might as well support these guys right

Depends on what you want. If you prefer action get Ys: The Oath in Felghana. If you'd rather play a turn based RPG get Trails in the Sky FC.

I like both a lot. Which is more compelling/intriguing?

Ys is all about fast combat, exploration and tough bosses. Plot is generally light, mostly used as a vehicle to get you from place to place.

Trails in the Sky FC is more character and plot focused. It's very slow burning, taking its time to build the characters, the lore, and the world. There is politics, supernatural stuff, magic, secret societies, etc.

Is the turn-based combat still fun for a JRPG?

Well, it's turn based combat there isn't much else to be said about it. It's a bit deeper in regards to how you acquire the magic you use, however. There's also turn order and buffs/debuffs that randomly happen on the turn list so if you are tactical about your moves you can get those buffs before your enemy does.

It seems the PC port of Lacrimosa may be only playable on high end computers with an i7. It seems it might require a computer with 8 cores… since that's how the PS4 works.

Minimum:
Processor: AMD FX-8320
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon R7 370
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: Onboard

Recommended:
Processor: Core i7-6700K 4.00 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon R9 Fury X
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: Onboard

If the port is fucked up, remember to join the eventual email campaign to make sure NISA doesn't get another Falcom game ever again for another disaster

It's not basic turn based; there is a small grid system which you use to move characters along. Your spells and attacks have ranges, and some have areas of effects. Like certain spells can target small circular AOEs, or large circular AOEs, or even lines. So for example you can group the party together for things like AOE healing spells or buffs, but at the same time if you stick together, everyone is can be targeted by AOE attacks or spells.

Spells (or arts, as the game calls them) themselves are cast differently than normal turn based games. Depending on the power of the spell, it may take a while to cast. When you select a spell, the character starts casting it, and will finish casting it on their next turn.

You can also see the turn order on the side of the screen, manipulating the turn order is a mechanic. You may have abilities that speed you up or delay an enemy's turn. Different abilities will make your next turn come faster or slower as well. Like if you're casting a small spell, the caster's next turn will come faster.

Even with all of that, normal battles still go fairly quickly. You can also see enemies on the field before getting into a battle with them.

Outside of the battle system, there is customization of party members' abilities and spells using the quartz system. Using the quartz system you can buff a character's strengths or cover their weaknesses. Like you can take a arts-focused character and pump him or her up with quartz that buff arts, such as more MP (or EP in this game), more ATS stat (Arts Strength) etc, Or you can put some defense quartz in their to make up for their defense, or a mixture of both.

Hell, if you want, you can pump up their physical attack. It won't work as well as characters more geared to physical attacking. You can probably sit down for a while once you have enough quartz, customizing each character, or even switching things out and putting things in as the situation demands.

We're waiting on a response.

I see. It sounds like a grid-based version of Valkyria Chronicles in a sense (and a bit of SMT from what the turn-order manipulation sounds like). It sounds fun and intriguing enough. Thanks for the reply user

And Ys's combat would be more like… what, by comparison? Dark Souls/Dragon's Dogma?

why not just try the game and see for yourself

It's not really like VC. It's more like a FFT or Tactics Ogre, but faster and not that indepth. When you encounter an enemy on the field, you go into a battle screen, just like most other turn based JRPGs. The only difference is that the battle has a "field" where you can move the characters and whatnot.

In the pic, the blue squares are how far the character can move. The very large circle with her at the center is how far her weapon can reach if she stands on one of the outermost blue squares. The yellow ring around the enemy is how much area she affects with her attack.

So it's a simple thing that adds a little more to just turn based battling. There won't be any obstacles or height differences or back attacks or anything like FF Tactics.

The turn-order manipulation isn't really like SMT (if you're talking about Press-turns). The system isn't like [your team goes] then [the enemy team goes], who goes next is determined by the turn order. So you can manipulate that by delaying an enemy's turn with certain abilities, or speeding yourself up. Or choosing to cast certain arts or do certain abilities that won't delay your next turn too much.

Neither. Ys is very much it's own thing. It's a mixture of platforming, fast combat/beat-em-up action, and RPG. I think the closest thing would probably be something like Devil May Cry, but Ys doesn't have that much depth and complexity, and the enemies are made to be killed, not so much to raise a style bar.

youtu.be/_4YlFiR61RM?t=9

F

Well when looking back at the min specs, they aren't too bad at least, so it should be playable if you don't have a toaster.

pcfags btfo lmao

I have a very important question about CS though.
Do the characters change appearence with gear, or is it like Ys where it's only Sword/Shield and specific gear combinations, or is it like TiTS where nothing changes ever?

Man every other Falcom game is playable smooth as butter on my toaster, it pains me to have to miss out on what you shills friends are calling the best Ys ever™

Hey I have no idea how good or bad the game is. But you gotta remember that the old Ys games were made several years ago, so it's why they work on a laptop.

I emulated Seven and played Celceta without any issues too.

Both PSP games though. That's a PS4 game afaik. What are your specs anyway?

NISA NEVER EVER FOREVER

They're a nearly decade old.

Oh god I'm really sorry. Time to upgrade your PC I guess.

y-yeah

Anyways back on topic does character appearence change in CS depending on equipment?
And while I'm on the subject, in Lacrimosa too?

I know it's NISA, but how the fuck do you fuck up this badly.

In CS no, don't know about Lacrimosa

Recommended likely means 60fps at 1080p. At least that's how I feel this has always been. If you don't have 16GB RAM, I doubt you give a fuck about 60fps, so you'll be fine.

Character appearance only change at specific parts of the game or by overriding that with alternate costumes.

In Dana your weapons change your character's appearance, but armor doesn't.

There's not a single game in existence that requires or uses 16GB of RAM to run at 60 FPS. I'd also like to know how they fucked up so badly.

I'm more puzzled at the fact that you need a R9 Fury X or better. It's baffling.

Hnnnnnggg

I saw that this morning and came here to post it.

This game is looking fantastic.

Muse has some competition in the green hair girl department.

Minimal ones sound about right, but are the recommended settings for 4k 60fps? I checked and the game will have that on PS4 pro, I doubt they'd cut it out from PC unless they want complaining. It'd sort of make sense then, but I wonder how much of that is accurate anyway. Probably the actual requirements are nowhere near that.

If that's for 1080p, what do they expect people to have for 4k, NASA equipment? They're NISA, not NASA. This must be for 4k or they've simply put random stuff there. There's no way in hell it could be the actual requirements for 1080p no matter how they screwed up, the game is about two gens behind in graphics judging from the pictures.

I'm so sad that this game won't get as much fanart as others. Muse and Leonora won't get a lot.

Come on bro, you know this is fucking insane. Also;
60fps is pretty fucking important for an action game. Look how badly shit framerates hurt Ys Seven.

I expect that the Sept-Terrion of Water is the Grail, which is probably in possession of the Church.

Unrelated, does anyone have a super-high res Ouroboros crest? I want to make a shirt because fuck the normalfags.

Clearly edited, but the dude still has a really long neck.

You want it? Here. :>)

This should've been spoilered

Doesn't the game kinda dip below 60fps all the time on PS4? Or is it smooth 60fps?

So that's where they got that idea for Ys7.
Fuck me why won't this game end

Enjoy your 90 hours of reading.

Not as much dips as the vita version but it's far from locked 60fps.

twitter.com/supremezerker/status/897185975696314368
Geofront update tomorrow.

FUCK PLEASE NO

My dude the next chapter is the longest in the game (the entire world map is open) and final chapter beyond that is no slouch either.

Guess I'm calling it quits.

Take a break. Marathoning trails games is for lunatics.

Trails games are fucking long as shit.

Even the more railroaded ones like Cold Steel is easily 70-80 hours of content.

I fucking love it

I'd love it if it played like Ys or something. God damn I fucking hate JRPGs.
How did I even get this far?

I guess you're right.
Time to marathon MMX

took me 70hrs and i feel cheated, quite frankly CS is a very mediocre and unlike other Kiseki games this one really didn't pay off and the sidequest are mostly pure fluff adding nothing to the story or characters.

It's not meant to pay off. It's meant to go almost right into CS2 with Erebonia falling apart. Though we don't see that on the eastern side. I guess the side quest where Rean and Fie go look for a lost kid didn't end up giving a bit more character to Fie. Nor the other side quests showing you the people who live in Erebonia just like the side quests showing who lives in Liberl. I think you just want to hate it for some reason.

oh gee it's impossible for someone to not like CS, it's the perfect game, all cliché shounen crap is amazing, Rean is most developed MC in the series, after all he even has a mysterious super form, a tragic past, everybody loves him and a exclusive mecha! the main story is paced in a fantastic manner and with such deep. There you have it fanboy, i'm just a hater and you should ignore anything bad someone says about CS because it is the perfect game. Happy now?

Did no one warn you? Or they did and you decided you want to try it anyway?

I fucking loved it despite its flaws.

I can't wait for CS3. Everything I see about it just makes me wish XSeed would say something.

Ys has been compared to Zelda due to the bird's eye view while moving, but combat is pretty distinctly unique, using what they call the "half-character slide" where to damage foes you need to collide into them with the sides of your character's sprite, while a head-on collision only damages you.

I'll be honest, the train replacing The Courageous seems pretty rad.

When is Rean ever going to tap that?

Hopefully this game. If they force Alisa on us then Falcom better not come to school tomorrow.

Some of you guys are alright don't go to NISA tomorrow.

god speed grinch.

What were Olivert, Mueller and Arseid doing during the civil war

Intensely killing the enemy forces while also hand holding

They were in Western Erebonia, where everything interesting was happening and resolved the major fighting there off-screen

Not the trailer people were hoping for today, but it is an OST preview with new screenshots in it.

Ys VIII review codes are out. Embargo is August 30th. Where have I heard that date before?

full fledged Pomtto game when

Somehow Trails is the one and only JRPG I've actually managed to finish, let alone get through the intro.

PS4/Vita only or PC too? That's two weeks before release that reviews come out that embargo lifts, that's a long time.
Anyway, how do you know that? Are you one of those gaymer journos that got one of those copies? You could throw out hints how the PC port is or if it really requires crazy rigs, I doubt that's embargoed or can even be backtraced by the cyber police :>) .

Oh fuck.

Personal trains are cooler than personal planes

This game. If you romanced her in CS2, she said she's willing to wait until Rean got a little older.

You assholes better not be lying to me.

If true, that's half the month before anyone will see journo reviews. If we're going movie logic with embargos then they know their work is shit so they're putting up that long of an embargo to get as many dipshits as possible to buy before seeing reviews. We already know the game itself is good, just the work on bringing it over is ass. Or, they bought off "trusted" sites to push the game first then trickled down to all the rest.

And during the epilogue, if you chose her, the classmates all wonder if she's found someone. And she steals a glance at Rean.

Except the game comes out on September 15th, and permitting reviews two weeks before release is rather generous if anything. Most games let the reviews out like 1-3 days before, pretty much never more than a week. I've checked Sonic Mania's earliest review is a day before the game, for instance. Same with Fallout 4 if I remember correctly, and probably every game in existence.
If they really wanted to trick people into buying before seeing the reviews, they'd set the embargo a day or two before release like Todd likes to do or 12 hours like Ubisoft, not half a month. That's a sign of confidence if anything.

Japan truly is an enlightened country.

There might be more in CS3 as well, if Claire's returning.

I'm hoping for Aurelia but I doubt she'll be a part of it

It's a shame CS2 and maybe 3 won't be coming to the pc because of how CS1 bombed. I'll probably get a PS4 once PS7 happens. Lord knows the PS4 emulator won't happen within two decades.

No, they'll probably bring 2 to PC. They localized the entire Sky trilogy despite it being incredibly niche.

I hope so, user. I hope so.

That's what they said of first Trails in the Sky, and second one, and then third, and after that Cold Steel, and they all came anyway. It probably doesn't cost much to port to PC and if they wanted more sales, they would've at least bothered to put more effort into their marketing. There'll be CS2, and 3, I'm almost certain of it.

I wouldn't expect Celceta unless they are already in the process of porting it though. I think that Ys 7 will bomb so hard it'll make Xanadu Next look like a success, and considering how many anime games have been released in the past year and/or are on the way, not even heavy steam sales might give them much because the game will be too hard to find.

It was announced that 2 was coming to PC when CS1 was confirmed.

She is just waiting for the right opportunity to seal the deal with a positive pregnancy test.

Also,
I don't think he knows what that is. I think the only people in Trails games which know true human list are Olivert, Kevin, the woman Kevin almost slept with at the beginning of 3rd, Angelica, and Renne's rapists. The rest only do missionary for the sole purpose of procreation, and know no sexuality outside of that.

I'm too drunk to be posting. See you folks in the next thread.

I never wanted a company to die more than NISA. I wish nothing but pain and suffering on all of their employees and their families.
I also hope Kondo chokes to death on his NIS buddy's cock for allowing this to happen. Maybe once he's gone we'll get closer to a Falcom International to avoid this bullshit.

This plan was retarded to begin with. Let's be honest, Xseed's pretty stupid to plan a release two weeks before 8. I doubt it can possibly not bomb, every piece of marketing NISA releases draws attention away from Ys 7 as well. This one's all Xseed's own fault.

Turbo mode for TitS now? Cool.

Only got PS4 code, sadly.

The embargo is unusually generous. Most games have embargo until week of release, so having it 2 weeks before shows some confidence on their end. So far the translation seems less of a localization and more of a straight translation. Accurate, but maybe a little, little stiffer than XSEED's translations here and there.

Yeah it's probably XSEEDs fault a bit here.

The fuck is she waiting for?

Claire has no ass. Should've been Sara's tits.

Banging a student is either taboo or illegal. On top of that, Sara's type isn't young and handsome teens, it's older, mature guys like Victor.

Oh, and on top of that too; Sara gets flustered when it comes to receiving romance. She acts like she's experienced, and she's okay when she's in control (her dorm bonding scene), but loses her spaghetti if she's not (her epilogue scene where Rean turns the tables on her and hugs her so she won't escape).

Man, watching those events just makes me wanna waifu her straight out in CS3 instead of aiming for anyone else

NEW BREAD