Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9wAX-iYPK38
youtube.com/watch?v=7ss_onJ3ukA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You just want a Gondola thread

What song?

The theme from Howl's Moving Castle

And yes. Guilty as charged.

I'm down for a gondola thread. Also I wonder if this mock-up an user did could ever be an actual gondola game.

What if it's a comfy farming kinda game, where you plant gondolas and water them and then pluck them out and train them in some traits, and then they go out and have their own farm that you can visit and they farm more gondolas, and the whole game is about growing a community of gondolas so that when the big giant gondola comes he has enough friends that he's happy instead of sad and then there's a big party and the more gondolas the bigger the party and the bigger your score and every year you try and get as many gondolas of the right kind to keep everyone happy and there are different environments that grow different gondolas and sometimes you go exploring looking for more gondolas to get seeds from them by making friends with them by trading things from different regions so there's reason to explore and the continent on the world map is shaped like a giant gondola.

You need a place for some more solemn and lonely gondolas somewhere in there.

Absolutely. How about some wise old hermit gondolas that live on mountains and in caves and if you make friends with them they teach you new traits to pass on to your new friends?

Reminder gondola is nothing but an italian ripoff that killed spurdo spärde by piggybacking on music autism.

checked

is it my imagination or do memes fit old theories on personality? could we bring forth new memes from where there are no occupied spaces?

Memes evolve, it's the nature of them. Keep up grandpa.

ebin :DDDD

Can someone please tell me what music is playing on this webm?

You also can get to get cool hats for your gondolas and you get to nickname them however you like

gondola is actually cooking show but everything is bossa nova and it's the adventure that counts

I have a modest proposal. Can we get a gondola compilation set to the relevant bits of "Away From It All".

I don't know why there's so much fantastic Gondola OC, but it makes me happy.

contributan my shitty gondola OC from the oekaki thread

I'd play a randomly generated walking simulator if it had the gondola name slapped onto it.

cute anime gondolas

Have some of my rare gondolas. Some of them are genuine Finnish rarities.

Still alive and well on ylilauta

Gondola is an artistic masterpiece that speaks to your soul.

There's a missing one in the third pic.

Make sure the game embodies the meme in it's entirety.

I don't actually know, but it reminds me of the Aria OST. You could try looking through those.

Make it so it's good even if you don't recognize the memes. It should be enjoyable with no prior pop culture knowledge. If it's a comedy, the humor should be based on real jokes, not reference humor. That's really all that's necessary.
Essentially, the meme should be part of the setting, it shouldn't be the point of the game.

Really, though, nobody should be making meme games. If you can't come up with an original idea, pay somebody to come up with one for you.

Is gondola the only meme not tainted by normalfags?

How long before gondolas get tainted?

A long time probably. Normalfags don't have the capacity to understand the feels gondola gives you.

Almost sounds like "benis"

The moment when gondolas become tainted is when I either go to Ukraine or Syria and shoot commies with absolute rage because it means nothing is pure anymore.

Ukraine isn't communist, you're thinking Belarus.

Yeah, but you got commies in the east.

A while really. There isn't really anything "funny" about gondolas for normalfags to distract themselves with. It's about taking in everything and calm reflection, which is something a lot of people don't wish to do.

The Steel Curtain is coming for them, but it isn't going for Belarus

Nice.

I can see some tumblrfags "getting" (or pretending to get) it, if they don't care about the source. I can't see it happening with normalfags, and I can't see it getting widespread success outside of IB's.

Which webm resolution is better, the first or second?

Hardly. I talked to this guy and he said Luganstk didn't even receive funding at all for like 6 months. Also Right Sector is 2 steps away from bashing through the goverment's door (again).

I'd like to make a gondola using this song. What image would fit the best (also what program do you usually use?)

Reusing this one with a different song.

I see gondola as a wondering wanderer, therefore I think his game must be a walking simulator where all you have to do is walk to the next place. Idk, maybe some kind of Journey shit, or something like that.

erotic visual novel

DO NOT LEWD THE GONDOLA

what was that?

Those are legbears though. Gondola has no torso. Get your menes straight grandpa

You can sit next to them, and waiting long enough your gondola will lay his head on the other and fall asleep.

What do you call a gondola with arms though? Note, this is different than a spurdo.

Are Samis related to Spurdos at all?

Wasn't someone already doing a Gondola game? Isn't that what this was?

take out the memes

user posted an update yesterday in the /agdg/ thread I think

Those gondolas are pretty fuggin adorable.

The problem with this is that there's no goal, it's essentially a walking simulator, a good and interesting one, but still a simulator nonetheless.

I feel like Journey is already the perfect Gondola game, light puzzling, some platforming, no comunication, lots of walking and exploration to get to a final goal. Just make that into a more open worldy game and you might have something.

Yume Nikki, but less neurotic, more ponderous and 3d

Shit, I think you're right. It even has good music and the protags have no arms.

I know it's an edit but invisible hands type shit makes me rock hard

No.
Journey has a purpose, a hinted plot, and is ultimately linear.
It would be fun having no real goal, while being able to leave your tiny mark on a much larger world, that you can explore freely, in multiplayer if you so like.
Think of it as animal crossing meets journey.

But even in animal crossing you have something to do. You just can't tell people to go and do nothing.
I mean you can, but then you end up like Worlds 3D and all those weird 2000s online exploration games.

Sure, they're creepy and interesting now, but back then the only reason people played them was to chat with others.
It has to have at least SOMETHING to do. Be it discovering stuff, solving small logic puzzles, or fuck it, even collecting clues by visiting different places.

Really, a gondola game would just be a comfier Yume Nikki.

I don't think having no goals will be fun, user. Make at least exploring it's objective, or even interacting.

Never because gondola is a racist, sexist, homophobic character. At least that is what you should tell them if they ever ask.

just the fact that it relies on video as the only medium of communication hampers its ability to be communicated means that it'll have a much harder time being distributed outside of IBs, besides the fact that normalfags have an attention span of -1

Goals are just so you can be in denial about not achieving things in real life.

meme games become dated so fucking fast, don't even bother

Was there any need for this, user?

How To Spot The Bottom Bitch Of Life 101.

Thank you for this comfy thread anons. I finally smiled for the first time today.

Was the shower Gondola the first one?

This stupid shit has always been a forced meme and never caught on.

I'm the one asking for a game with no specific goals tho

the entirety of this thread begs to differ

This.

Yet it's far more creative than most memes. I like them.

That's 46 people compared to your lonesome contrarian ass.

user if the internet was a lounge i'd offer you some tea and a blanket.

AND I'M NOT BOTHERING WITH CONTEXT, COMMIE SCUM.

No need to be rude, don't spoil the mood.

Made a higher resolution version

whats some free software i can use to gondola

krita

For something like this you could use GIMP/Krita to make the animation frames, and hack it together in ffmpeg. More complex videos, there are video editing tools but I've never used them.

Paint.NET

MOAR gondolas

Its meme magic friend.

It could be an adventure game, or something like Mist.

i appreciate the idea of a gondola game, but that mockup could not be more horrifying and uncomfortable if it tried

Second one reminds me of this one.

a gondola who lives in the real world with normal humans feels lonely and seeks others like him. he sets out on an adventure with no grand goal other than to find a friend. i dont know what would happen in the middle, but the return would be him realising he's human too, and yet that's not enough. he just felt too different to ever feel like the other humans.

Does anyone knows the name of this song?

By the way, any gondola draw fags here that could make this into gondola? Please give the gondola white hair like Ginko's and make the mushi into little semi-transparent gondola.

Looks comfy as hell to me.

you think this is the only gondola thread ever created, with everyone posting OC? what a moron.

And a few more pics that would be good for putting gondolas in

the sunset and water are nice enough for what it is, but the lighting is awful and the gondola standing next to you looks soulless and has empty eyes

Now that I see it again, the sunken eyes are pretty spooky.

these are nice, i'll post some

oc for current feels
I want off this ride.

me too, man, me too

I can't wait for summer to be over

This one is probably my favorite of all them.

It's nice, but it's kind of an unspoken rule that gondola music has no lyrics.

Every step of the journey would need to embody the meme.
The box art, advertising, and synopsis would need to be the meme.
In the case of gondola, you've forgotten he's the silent observer. He wants but cannot have.

I want my comfy fall back, because it's been 32°C or more for the last week.

mandala
youtube.com/watch?v=9wAX-iYPK38
youtube.com/watch?v=7ss_onJ3ukA

sounds like he never gets what he wants in anons story

he doesn't

Drawfag here, taking a break from the GG board.

Why don't we go back to using vintage memes? Things like Pedobear, Epic Fail Guy threads, rage comics, etc.

becuz thy r shet :DDD

Because they suck now and outlived their funniness.

Gondolas are for people with patrician taste. The rest are pleb-tier garbage.

That's how I used to play Oblivion…

no

imagine

No thank you!

i love this gondola

Make it kill anyone who plays it. Make it kill them slowly and tortuously if they play it ironically.

now, which mushishi track?

It's perfect, making a webm

What about this?

Nevermind, thought this fit better. If anyone wants to recode or remove the black bars, I'd be happy. I'm not very good at this.

it ate my webm

What about a gondola game like transformice?
You know, you got a group of gondolas trying to reach a campfire in the snow or something, but you have to work as a team to reach it.
Accomplishing something with someone else is always a great feeling.

Anyone else have problems uploading large webms? Anytime I try they seem to stall out at a low percentage and then I have no idea if it's actually uploading or not. My upload speed's not great, but I can upload large files to mega and such with no problem.

Have a new gondola I've been sitting on for way too long.

I tried to make a gif with this, but my photoshop just don't want it. Oh, well.

Let's see if this works.

Comfy as heck.

I would play that. Myst is one of my favorite games.

He's more like someone who goes to the theater to see something.

The game would be just watching different enviroments

Gondola has torso, but it's shorter

kek

I'd rather see Gondola be tainted by normalfags, otherwise we'll have another Pepe situation by edgy tryhard Holla Forums faggots.

Is square gondola used in war pictures and black and white ones?

post above me looks like bait with the

Gondola is a new-ish meme that is getting a lot of drawfag oc and a complete lack of backlash. It's growing and developing. Most likely that one artist made him square because he felt like it. Looks retarded though.

Of course it's bait. Do you even remember how far Pepe sunk back when the Normalfags had their claws in him?
At least Holla Forums won the meme some of its dignity back before ruining it with all that retarded kek shit.

Checked
I think it's more like trying to bait polacks into replying.

Whats the context for it?

What is krita?

So how big are your Gondola Folders, anons?
I've got +150
Sage for double posting

TES Morrowind, mage that made custom jump spell, but haven't thought about safe landing, your encounter with him goes as
< …aaAAAAAA!
*splotch*
*body to loot*

Anyone remember that seasonal ep of samurai jack? How it was just jack walking through the seasons and it pure setting of him walking or listening to the environment, it would be kinda like that, granted thats just the setting and that alone wouldnt make a good game it would probably have to be a weird complex puzzle game but with no words talking honestly, or whatever, the puzzles would probably be around myths of gondola, political themes etc.

The only size: Never big enough.

Dump those rare Gondolas.

By making it actually good.

What song is this?

Gondola-making machine

Meme games are never good. Any great game must have it's own culture.

Make it like The Final Station, except for the zombie shooting part. Something requires you to go to the other end of the 2D map, and you can optionally explore more, gather some gondolas to travel with for a while. Could even reuse the train theme, trains are comfy. Shouldn't be particularly hard to figure out where the thing you're looking for is, it's not about spending an hour clicking.

what program do I use to make gondola webms?

First attempt, please excuse the lack of animation.

A platforming/puzzle game, obviously

If there is a gondola game, there should be unlockable paintings and moving pictures like the .webms in the thread with the accompanying music.

That's the fucking shit, thanks for the nostalgia trip user

Mardek though.

thanks user

Daily reminder that Sonny 3

Not Gondola, but still comfy.

If anything it's /r9k/ who utterly degenerated him. Imagine gondola getting the tendies or the poo poo pee pee treatment.

To be fair VNs are shit even WITH text

It would probably work as an exploration game, one that actually has interesting places to explore like abonded ruins and comfy forests. You will at times meet other gondolas who each have their own visual characteristic like a hat or mustache and you can make them join your party by touching them and then they will just walk along with you.

You are now aware that there's a mis-colored area between the legs of the leftmost gondola

4:DDDD

Couldnt stand it.

Yo noid II was pretty good
It's short, though.

The Gondola game would have zero text, no speech, no tutorial, nothing but music. It would simply dump you into a huge world and let you roam. You can walk, run, jump, slide, and move in a lot of unrestricted ways. The game won't tell you as much, but you'll figure it out sooner or later.

The world is fucking massive, full of more places to go than you may even realize, and in this world you can find all sorts of other gondolas, doing different things, milling about, staring off into the distance, just doin' gondola things. The size and scope of the world means that it will take you a long time to see everything, and some you might not come across at first, with changing day-night cycles.

The world contains everything from primordial forests, to post-apocalyptic cities, to vaporwave malls, to tranquil beaches. It's a sort of choose your own mood thing. In these different areas, you can come across little radios where you Gondola will get cozy and the game will go into a sort of idle mode where you just soak up the scenery and enjoy some relaxing music. Kind of like Abzu's meditation spots.

There's no point to the game. You can challenge yourself with jumping and platforming to explore different areas and get to places that you feel like you're not supposed to go. Every area is jam-packed with different nooks and crannies and secret little tunnels and back alleys to explore.
If we wanted to be really faggy, there could be some "implied lore" that explains what happened to the world, but I'd rather just have fun little easter eggs, like getting into the vents and finding a comfy little secret room where a couple of other gondolas are playing vidya or something

And because the whole thing is more of an overblown screensaver and less of a game, it would be free, or as cheap as possible.

Getting near Gondolas should be an exception, like press e and you get a description of what they're doing.
"He's gazing intently towards the sunset"

Great idea so far.

Man, that makes me think of knytt.

Nah, just let their actions talk.
We don't need descriptions in the webms, do we?

I'm with – I'd let their actions speak for themselves. If I were more of a dev and less of an ideas guy, I'd probably add in some very basic questing and missions, but to stick with the overall theme and have it all be largely implied. You could find and pick up items, maybe as rewards for your exploration along with hats and accessories. The minimalist UI lets you look at the items and rotate them and shit, but no text.

Shit like that..

This is a nice thread

Now that's spooky

I always thought a Gondola game would be one that does not tell the tale of the gondola, but of what it observes. The gondola wanders the land like a nomad and documents what it sees and hears but never interferes. You could make this a real life setting or fantasy, which it would work best in.

Ah yes, I think I see the point you are making.

Yup

Anyone got a Gondola with a original stand?

That's actually a god-tier idea. Saved for later.

Now that this thread got me thinking about it, now I actually want to learn how to gamedev so I can make a fucking gondola meme game. I have too many hobbies and I'm too unemployed for this shit.

WHAT IF YOU JUST PLAYED PIKMIN 2 INSTEAD
HOLY FUCK THIS GAMES AMAZING

Pedobear is dead. He's gone! But he's right there on my computer, and here in /loli/! He lives on as a part of 8ch!

Atmosphere, not hyping itself up as a meme game, good music, at least one waifu and one "secret" waifu that is just an NPC of some town, make it comfy, leave things open to interpretation without going full on lorefag.
Basically do something like Yume Nikki I miss YN threads so much.

Most of the game should be silent except for common background sounds like birds chirping or breeze going through the trees. The music should only come from real sources in the game. For example: You're exploring a treetop village of sorts, and you hear music. If you search around the village for awhile you'll find a band of little gondolas playing music on top of a non-descript rooftop.
Of course it would take masterful sound and level design to keep the player interested in a pointless platformer with barely any music. But it doesn't exist so we can use the power of imagination
Would there be any loss conditions?

I'm no dev but this sounds like something that could be made with relative ease in RPGMaker. Am I wrong?

That's the problem. Any faggot with unity could shit out a shitty walking simulator or lift some assets and slap together something with Gondolas in it, but to do this right, it would end up taking a lot of skill to make its minimalist design work as effectively as possible.

If there was a team of people willing to work on it I could justify putting the other stuff on hold, but without that it's just too much work.

Yume Nikki took years.

Educate me. Is this a warning?

boku no NUCLEAR

I need more comfy endtimes aesthetic

:DDD

Make it an adventure game where gondola travels around place to place with superb music, and breathtaking environments. The places gondola goes to varies from comfy to heartbreaking, but at the end of every venture (gondola stays in a place for only three days), gondola enjoys their time, thanks and says their farewells to the NPCs they made friends with, and moves on to another place. Every time he moves on to another place, he sends a postcard (which could be a save mechanic) to someone, and that someone is the player.

would be bretty gud tbh

Stuff like this makes me wish I knew the track name of half of these.

try shazaming it?

I appreciate the suggestion, though.

Gondola is an autistic* masterpiece that speaks to your soul. Fixed that for you

You'd be surprised, Shazam has an amazingly good noise cancellation

I recognize that Utada song. HA!

you mean plebbit?

Hasn't anyone made a gondola with any calm songs like Mmodule - Monks or Bowery Electric - Beat, or used sentimental songs like The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979?

This was too wholesome for me, I cried.
20/10.

Thread doesn't deserve to die yet.

Completing this set.

Time to fill in the blanks.

made me want to make this.

I want to hug the sad gondola.

bump

Guys I'm trying to find a rare Gondola.
All I have of it is a screeshot, but the little Gondola in the middle dances back and forth while some Jazzy music plays. Anyone have it?

He's a nigger.

that had better fucking not actually be from tumblr.

This one is comfy as fuck! The sounds of AC always makes me feel relaxed.

I just noticed how sad this song is. Gondola would fit in perfectly.

Gondola… He had a hard life.

There are many tumblrs used as galleries or art repositories, including gondolas, strange guns, Heavy Metal magazine covers or funny filenames.

And you should be drowned in a bucket full of piss for using any of them.

What's the song lad?

Well, there's probably watersports blogs as well, if that's more up your alley.

Sounds interesting, but gondola isn't really a farmer type to me. What about the gondolas you raise traveling out into the world (the places depending on what traits you gave them)? Then every ingame year you'd get postcards or something or could visit them and see what they're up too (with comfy music of course).

God this makes me so angry. We could have the perfect comfiest vidya ever, but the industry is nothing but greed and talentless hacks.

I guess it's better this way. I'd rather have Gondola remain what it is rather than get ruined by a half-assed game release made by people who don't understand it.

Make it yourself user

What's with people drawing gondolas with bodies? Shouldn't they just be a head and legs?

I'm slightly confused about that as well. Has anyone ever made an anatomy and reference sheet of Gondola yet?

Thanks user.

Fuck you user.

That's fucking adorable user

Don't be too worried about Gondola mutations. Gondola himself comes from a long evolutionary line, so further derivatives are natural.
Except talking. Anyone who makes gondola talk can go fuck a cactus.

But if they don't talk, how do gondolas communicate? By making cute squeaking noises?

When comfy-o-meter reaches the max, you no longer have the need for communications to understand each other.

By the setting, thats how.

They comunicate with feels

I can't imagine gondolas making any other sound than faint rustling noises or whatever noise they do when they interact with the environment.

They communicate with :D
But if it was a game you could use bubble speeches and put drawings in them.

Fucking this, this makes so much sense honestly.

With Finnish jibberish.

Very upbeat intonations, probably sounds like Swedish Chef just saying nonsensical vowels.

"fug, da burr de burr :DDDD"

A combination of those three things sounds plausible.

You remove the memes and make it fun to play.

Song is Yuunagi, from the soundtrack of Aria the Natural.

Pretty much all of the Aria soundtrack sounds the same. It's all beyond comfy, as is the show itself. If you like Gondola, you'll like Aria - it's just cute, happy, comfy girls (and some cats) doing cute, happy, comfy things on a terraformed Mars in a city reconstructed from the remains of Venice. There are some supernatural elements, but they're extremely well-integrated to the series and the backstory of Mars as a whole.

I have the entire soundtrack for all three seasons, and a bunch of other Aria related audio.
Magnet link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6O2BGCESUVTG6QYZIXGKWMP6QGQ3OLVO&dn=Aria%20the%20SERIES%20OST%20Drama%20Radio%20%5bFLAC%5d&tr=http%3a%2f%2ffebruary.bakabt.me%3a2710%2f67ca79adadba54c7234fb5f53336f9e6%2fannounce.php
If it's too big for you to download the entire thing, just get the "Aria the Animation/Natural/Origination Original Soundtrack" folders.

Here are my two Aria-related gondolas. The first one was made for me by some very kind drawfag. I've got to find a song for it so I can make a webm.

Good, I hope it doesn't so it remains pure

As for the game, here are my idea guy thoughts along with some shitty half-complete MS paint art.

It should fall between a classic adventure game and a walking simulator, and should be completely 2D (3d is uncanny as fuck). You go screen to screen as a Gondola. You move to a new screen by moving off the current one in the right direction. No indication is given where you can move, save the artwork itself - the city is self-explanitory in that you can go left and right along the road, but you could also go between the buildings and find the park. Likewise, the only entrances to the forest are up (between the trees) and bottom left, which maybe takes you to a mystic grove with a gondola hermit. It'd need to be much, much bigger than my drawing, of course, but you get the picture.

Art for very different areas should differ greatly in artstyle. Music could be thematically similar for similar areas, but should differ slightly from screen to screen, unless you decided to, say, string together 5 similar screens for the city. Some screens have animated objects - other gondolas, or vehicles or whatnot, never more than a few frames or a simple movement across the scene. Visitable areas should completely run the gamut of all things Gondola - walk onto a battlefield and see the wounded gondolas while melancholy music plays and gunfire flashes in the background, or walk through the countryside while comfy music plays. Gondola's sprite should change expression depending on the nature of the screen - maybe tearing up in the battlefield, looking normal in the city, looking happy in the countryside. NPC gondolas are a must, but you can't interact with them - they just loop through a few frames of animation, if they do anything at all.

No lose or win conditions. No way to die. No tutorial. No text. No interaction with the world aside from movement, to reflect Gondola's nature as an observer. Some travel between screens is only in one direction, but there's always a route to get back home.

Should be simple to throw together, the hard part is gathering the sheer amount of art and music it would need. If we ever make it happen (and I would be glad to contribute), it'd probably be easiest to just rip off ordinary copyrighted art and music for whatver anons can't contribute - who cares if it get DMCA'd? We'll keep passing it around on here anyway, and it'll help the game keep a low profile.

maybe after a certain amount of time has passed in-game, the sun goes down and screens change to reflect this, along with music changes in some areas

Dropped. Im not reading anything past that.

3D is uncanny, and wouldn't suit. The majority of gondolas are 2D MS paint drawings over some other piece of art, or are entirely done in paint.

I mean, is funny, but it doesn't fit the comfy aesthetic.

So it's not a game then. That's a slide show. That's an image compilation AMV on youtube.

Bleh.

It needs gameplay.

surprised no one has done a gondola for the comfy backstreets of tokyo or something

regarding the game, why not an adventure game? most of the webms are basically gondolas overlaid on an image in a way that's similar to some old adventure games.

I'm fairly certain I've seen some rare gondolas that have used some comfy Tokyo scenes.

have a walking animation

The more approximate thing I can think of is the Samorost series

There are some floating around, but those are pretty rare.

This made me feel.

so long as we secretly want a good meme game, bad meme games will continue to exist.

All those shitposts will be lost like tears in the rain.
Time to die.
benis :-DDDDDD

freshly made gondola.I wanted to add some ambient wind and thunder sounds but it's fucking 5am.

What's the song user?

I prefer it when gondola vids are short and sweet with only a taste of the music. The music is there to enhance the image, not vice versa, after all.

Long Goodbye by Yoko Kanno

Same. Enjoyed making these things, and will do more of those based on or similar to the artist's work.

You should. Those are some good feels.

The thread's pretty much over now, but thanks anons for the nice thread, and gondolas. Let's do it again sometime.

lets meak it a real geam.
Bets choice is flahs

Elegia by New Order

can someone make one with this or the original or post it if there is one already