Star Trek Online

Fuck me I'm installing this right now again to fill a star trek fix. Has anyone played this recently? I know it's pay to win cancer now, but I could really care less about the shitty PvP.

Any opinions on recent STO?

i take it nobody took advantage of the
BEST DEAL

If this is a dubs thread, how do you explain these singles?

fuck this

they force you into it to install STO. needless to say both are now gone from my system

Not if you use Steam.

(((steam)))
whatever happened to just downloading and installing a game
no, can't have that anymore, you've gotta install our whole PLATFORM goy

fuck that whatever happened to just installing the god damned DVDs? oh yeah we let bullshit DRM and ass-tier programmers by continuing to give them shekels.

My SATA DVD-RW is faster at copying data than my ISP. Dual-layer discs can hold ~9gb, and they can cheaply make double-sided + dual-layer discs that can hold ~18gb. Or you know. Start putting games on fucking blu-ray discs that are bigger than 15gb if you want to hire programmers that can't optimize shit while also licensing garbage-mode DRM.

This ENRAGES me to no end. Every single time I see a game that's larger than it should be I become irate. At least it drives me to be autistic about memory consumption and efficiency while writing my own code, which I guess is nice.

call me when you can play as a cardassian
there are so many better trek games out there

Playing as a cardassian running an internment camp for the bajoran scum sounds like fun.

Why?

Are you certain I don't need arc launcher with steam? Does it use steam to authenticate or do I need to make an account anyway?

for the goodest of goys

After watching the show I can understand how the writers completely fucking assassinated him. He was the most morally complex character in the show and he turned into a fucking 2 dimensional racist when they were done with him.

you probably have to install arc from steam and then install sto through arc.

i heard you like platforms goy, so we put a platform in your platform so you can download a platform from a platform so you can download a launcher so you can download a game

and don't forget only download the steam platform from the windows 10 app store platform or your going to get a virus

The Steam version still uses the old pre-Arc launcher. No Arc required at any step.

The entire game can easily be played just on the free ships you get while leveling. Tier 6 starships are a fucking meme for mining shekels from good goys.

As far as recent game news goes they're getting Levar Burton to voice Geordi, and the Dominion is supposed to be going hostile again. The story seems to be all over the place right now. After that shitshow that was the Delta Quadrant they had a good, if somewhat niche, story going with the Temporal Cold War. But since that wrapped up I don't know where the fuck they're going.

can you still play all that old shit? i know they used to do episodes, are all the missions still there? like can i go back and play all the shit that came out in the past 4 years or is it gone?

All of it is still there, though some missions may have been moved around when they revamped the mission flow. And yes, you can replay all of it and get rewards relevant to your level.

i broke down and installed it from steam. i'm actually enjoying the game, i can't believe it.

they goy farming doesn't seem that bad, nothing is locked off, and you can still get the premium shit for free via grinding. the way it's setup it looks like the max conversion is $0.40/day, which isn't terrible if you just play and let it come. I expected the premium ships atleast to be totally locked off behind a pay wall.

i don't feel nearly as limited in free mode as i thought i would.