Do you ever feel bad for kids who only had a ps1 growing up?

do you ever feel bad for kids who only had a ps1 growing up?

do you ever feel bad for attention seeking faggot OPs?

Not as bad as the N64 kids who had to deal with garbage textures, shitty sound, and "expansion pack" kikery.
t. 90s idiort.

why? They actually had games.

Nigga everyone got it bundled with DK64

I feel bad for kids who only had a N64 and its nogaems

Sony playstation has triple amount of accessories, snowflake. You want to save a game buy a memory card, 4 players? get a multitap or dualshock only games.

>(((1))) and done console war

Nigga I loved my ps1, Croc is the shit.

No one mentioned Sony except you. Trying to make a company look good by throwing another one under the bus? It doesn't change my other two arguments and name all the sports games that supported multitap. At least the psx had a better library and games that just looked and sounded better. No amount of history revision will change that simple fact. Besides, as far as the memory card goes that's where 3rd party hardware support comes in.

Why? Because they got to experience voice acting and FMVs before those things became pure jewry?

Because they got to play Mega Man Legends long before a gimped version of it was released for N64? I really don't get why you posted that image when Mega Man 64 is the worse version of the game overall.

Goldeneye was a garbage game. The only reason it was so lauded was because it was a workable fps on the n64. Real fps fans were playing quake and doom during that time.

Spider-Man is another example of a game that's much worse on N64 than on the other platforms. N64 almost always got ruined versions of multiplat games.

real fps fans could appreciate the design of the game rather than being too incompetent to adjust to the controls

-t. someone who was playing the superior saturn version of powerslave and having a great time

Nope, because MML2 is the better engine and is stupid fun despite having a not as cohesive world and leaves the plot in a shitty ending without resolving/answering a lot of questions.

Also Ridge Racer Type 4 is way bettet than Ridge Racer 64, and if you disagree, you're a faggot with shit taste.

Do you happen to have some comparisons? I already know about the FMV cutscenes, but what else?

The problem was how slow the actual fps was and flat everything looked. Because of those glaring issues it doesn't matter how well the "design" of the game was, it just was not fun to play.

FMVs and voice acting are pretty noticeable things. Sure, the N64 versions are still playable, but why choose the noticeably gimped version?

…but the PS1 version looks better, there. Am I supposed to be impressed by the video game version of the Photoshop Blur tool?

Yes, you are!

>>>/reddit/

I personally think the comic-book cutscenes fit the game better due to the source material, the games otherwise seem identical.

N64 was the more modern system because it blurred the fuck out of all the textures and made everything look like watching a cartoon through a glass of water, just like the 360 and PS3.

I grew up with mid-late 90's PC games, so I have a huge preference for aliased, sharp textures over antialiased, blurry textures. N64 looked a lot cleaner, but in the cleanness you could see just how low-poly the models were, how simple the textures were, etc. PS1 had some crazy model warping shit, but the sharper, more detail rich textures allowed much more varied artstyles to be showcased. PS1 JRPGs have some of the best looking art of that generation, because, like 2D pixel art before it, you can make low-res pixellated textures seem to show much more detail than a blurred, smoothed texture at the same resolution. You can infer extra detail from sharp but simple textures, whereas smoothed textures leave nothing for your mind to try to decipher, so you see it exactly how it is. Try smoothing out some low-res text, it often ends up looking like absolute shit, with letters outright malformed, even though it shows the same or higher detail than when it was pixellated, because our mind isn't trying to fill in the blanks. That's why when you smooth the shit out of an NES/SNES game, you can barely make out where a character's head begins and body ends, while the normal pixel art has small details that you can extrapolate to see where even something like coat pockets or buttons are hinted at.

The N64 has noticeably higher resolution polys.
The PS1 has noticeably higher resolution textures.

The N64 had objectively superior 3D hardware. The PS1 made up for this with far more memory that allowed FMV. The thing about the Photoshop Blur is that it has aged better. I can still play N64 games, but PS1 games make my eyes bleed whenever they try to do 3D.

Nice try, faggot.

Sometimes.

Are you the sort of person who uses smoothing shaders when you emulate NES/SNES/Genesis/Master system games?

It was the only time x86 wasn't kiked.

DK64 was a must-own title on the N64 so everyone got it when it was bundled with it. Or bought it just to run Turok 2 at the higher resolution.

And my grandma bought me a memory card because my grandma is cool, way cooler than you.

Nope. Looks like shit.

I thought this was a dubs thread, not a bait thread.