Path of Exile

Last thread autosaging, i'm making a new one because new leagues are the only time when PoE is on Holla Forums and in 5 days you'll never see these threads again. Fuck you.

KITAVA IS A CUNT! EDITION

Discuss it here. Also give me an idea for a build or post yours and i'll help you with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JgqYfzOjLjU
youtube.com/watch?v=lEZtq6FSebE&index=1&list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Threshold_jewel
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fight_for_Survival
poe.trade/search/annasoyaritoyu
poeurl.com/brEB
poeurl.com/brEF
pastebin.com/WCrUH7zs
pastebin.com/mPcqeQED
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_of_Horror
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_of_Delirium
youtube.com/watch?v=kjkwZDjJXrs&feature=youtu.be
pastebin.com/8AhRBKS7
poeurl.com/br7c
pastebin.com/iju85HdE
pastebin.com/r3HiubkW
poeurl.com/br7A
pastebin.com/UuzX3EYw
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819239
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/First_to_Strike,_Last_to_Fall
pastebin.com/cfvNg2Bs
poeurl.com/bskR
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAQCAAHnBS0GOQaLCEkJMwomDPcNzRLhFCAUTRUgFewYkRkuGbQaPhpVG_ocziDjIWAkmyftKaUrUCzpLYMuUy_MNZI26DrhPC09AD0PPfxAoEF0R35N41BHUWBW6FcNWGNfP1_aYSFi7GVNaGVs2HTtdPF2K3aseTl6737igIqBm4IHg1-DzITZhO-Gs4rwjM-PYJHOktCWbJ7Nn4Kfy6LqpBmmV6cwqZWsr62Nr6ewq7Lctiy2irc-uR277byfvTa-eL6nwL_BgsSCxPbGrs9-0TbSIdNv2L3ZYdl82sHdDeCV4izkUelG6dXvDvJB8kXzBvOb9kj3Tfuq_Ev-Cv5U_o8=
yhhyjj4.blogspot.com/…………………………………….
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PSA: zombies are actually quite strong now with 1x Violent Dead jewel, that you get from a quest in oriath. IMO they're better to level with than raging spirits - even better if you use both.

Made a Blast Rain hybrid Ranger. Feels okay.

Just started Act 8

Oro's Sacrifice Raider Ranger accelerator full armor Iron Reflexes Vaal pact.
I decided to go with one build I have problems mid game. Where mid-game is 80% of new content. I went scrubcore and I regret not taking full tank necro witch. I wish I went SRS hardcore. I am only at act 7 it is worthy to mention, and I cannot imagine how much I will regret act 10.

Much. anything you do, unless you're prepared, will get steamrolled by the spectral throw cunts of act 10. I had 3k life, maxed resists, minions tanking shit and we still got obliterated by those fucking heretics/guardians, Every pack was a nightmare.

The other zones aren't so bad though, just the open city. Kitava can be a cunt but if you're in scrubcore just resurrect and rush it.

I started act 8 a while ago. It's worse than 7 by a significant amount. Now getting 1 shot isn't only dedicated to bosses but also nasty rare packs.

Anyone managed to make Storm Blast worthwhile? I looked at this Arc witch build on the forum where the dude suggests using it for single target.
The problem is that the damage doesn't seem that different, it's choosing between burst and more steady dps.

Storm Blast takes too long to start casting, it feels like it takes nearly 2 seconds to get enough orbs to release even when standing in melee range. With all the bosses having fucking insane amount of shit you need to avoid it's almost impossible to get the time for it. Another thing that makes it worse for my build is that I rely on life steal as a Berserker. Since it's bursty damage every now and then, if I get hit twice between casts I'm dead. Arc gives me a more reliable leech.

Already died twice, someone put me out of my misery

Do you mean storm burst? Use greater multiple proj, cast when channelling and ball lightning, should help with clearing packs. For bosses you want slower projectiles but don't remove GMP. Also try to get as much cast speed as you can from passive tree and items, it helps a lot.

I feel like GMP, conc effect and one of the elemental meme supports (eg controlled destruction) would be good

On that note, are any of the +elem dmg supports ever worth using on anything?

for reference - he went templar but berserker should be fine too

the "added cold", light etc? yes, those were recently buffed too

Sorry, should have posted my current setup. I got GMP, slower projectiles and controlled destruction. I don't really need it to clear packs because Arc is just insane for that, + Storm Burst travels too slow (even without the gem) to kill shit at the edge of your vision effectively.

I haven't even played this expansion yet. How right am I?

His single target gem setup is pretty much the same as mine except he has access to a 6L, I'm losing faith in this skill.

I can't get back into this game no matter how hard I try.
The grind for gear and the need to engage in the "market" in order to get essential pieces to finish a build is just such a deterrent for me.

Shame too because I have a pretty good HC stash. Probably near at least 50 Ex maybe more.

Just bought two Hyaon's Furies and Darkray Vectors for my charged dash raider. I'm still not sure how I feel about charged dash itself, but it absolutely rapes packs.

I really wish innervate worked more like ice bite, even if it was based on power charges. Ice bite with herald of ice is so fucking good for clearing and doesn't get gimped when you go up against bosses.

RF Chieftain is going well, except for when I enchanted my boots and got added fire damage on kill, which completely fucks my EE setup
A whopping 1/20th of one, thanks Harbingers!
Fuck no I'm not even done with act 8

Watch out for those increased damage taken, i know they've toned it down substantially but before the buff you could get one shotted by a normal white mob in dried lake. Especially if you're standing still while channelling, careful. Other than that, how does charged dash fare in maps and against bosses?

Harbingers of pocket change have been really disappointing.

I just switched over from leveling with LA, so I don't have an opinion on it yet. One thing I kinda dislike is that you dash through a pack and blow it up, but then you have to go back to get anything that drops instead of picking things up as you advance through what you've cleared as per other skills. I want to test dual-hyaon since they brought the increased damage taken down by a ton, but I'll probably end up switching to a shield in later mapping. The only thing that has one-shot me so far is Kitava.

I keep hearing that all this new bosses have interesting mechanics :^) 4 link with conc effect

Is that ZiggyD's glacial cascade mine build or a homebrew? I was looking at that and got tempted to try it, might get around to it.

I like Harbinger currency. It feels like it should be added to the regular game as a normal drop.

Completely accurate.

Sheepfucker-tier coding.

the bosses are ok, the rest is completely true

Its based on ZoggyD's build but you get a hell of a lot more power from dagger (or mace) shield combo, since you can get phys and crit dagger and phys and elemental shield, you are gimping yourself a lot by going tremor rod really
The only bad part is that you are really fucking squishy at the start, I know it will get better with MoM/scion life rectangle but still, better be good with those jukes and bloqnum your attack in place.

Boss mechanics boil down to
and

The only fight that is even close to interesting is the Lunaris-Solaris brawl, but even that gets fucked up when they start taking turns going off the map. I think it would have been much better had they both stayed fighting each other with the focus being on staying out of their cross-fire.

you know the phys mods on weapons don't affect spells right?

Good fucking point I keep forgetting that, guess I'll keep using crit spell maces that are dirt cheap, I wasn't really planing on going daggers until around 60 for a crit spell one

I've never played a MoM build, how much mana would you need for it to be comfortable? Let's say i'm not getting hit too often, would 700 suffice with a mana flask as regen? No mana leech.

Been playing a fire nova mine build. Good clear speed and cheap to make.

Jesus christ I am LOVING the new bosses

get more life, cap resistances, stop being a retard

Bet you had 9 vuln stacks

No, I didn't. I kept rotating her bullshit every 8 seconds or so, because there was too much shit going on

yeah i call bullshit. she does teleport but it takes a good second before you get tongue slapped. just run in circles

huh, well I also had a lot of issues with that fight but I was lagging out the ass, decoy totem has been a godsend this expansion

Fuck off, I couldn't see her because I was busy spamming her with projectiles. The game is punishing you for trying to do damage

Wait until you fight her again. And wait until you fight her again again

Maybe I'll wait a few months for the balance nerfs

The baron drop never fucking ever. Why did it have to be a meme this league? I swear to god streamers are a fucking cancer in this game.

Fuck
I lose tooltip damage but mine laying speed it's fucking fantastic and the "Mines can be Detonated an additional time" makes my spell totem go apeshit on bosses, guess I'll go the staff, I may later try again mace/shield after getting mine laying speed on some jewels or something

At least I dont have any friends.

Zombies deal 50% more damage and es is dead. What you expect?

I expect people to think on their own but i guess that's too much to ask. They wanna make meme-of-the-league builds and completly fuck up the economy. Also there's no way all of them are getting it when it costs a whooping 190c. They're literally cucking themselves to play a build they can't afford and cucking me in the process too when i actually need it for something different.

I liked the baron before it was cool. Also they're retarded because they're not going for 1000 strength, or the price for astramentis would too be astronomical.

People cant understand why scouring+alchemy cost a chaos orb and trying to purchase scouring 3:1.

Anyone else here stupid enough to try CI in 3.0 like me? Post your ES.

Is Spirit Offering or Blade Vortex quality gems something people might want? Got lucky 20% q on both of them.

Related question, when the game decides to drop quality gems, are they always the same quality? I've had it happen before where I got multiple quality drops and they were the exact same %.

Then I get these fucking drops the first or second day or playing life MoM.

So, I talked about making a dual wield Mjölner/Cyclone build a few threads ago. Gave it a spin yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by how well it performed. With how shitty my gear is, I don't think I'll be able to go above tier 12-13 maps right now. However, I imported my character in Path of Building and getting a 6 link and an Alpha's Howl + Enlighten to run Anger + Wrath + Herald of Thunder is enough to triple my DPS. Adding the kind of rares that would cost a few exalts a pop to raise my defenses and damage would increase the damage even further.

The amount of mana doesn't matter THAT much aside from burst damage or one shots. What matters is your mana regen, and mana flasks sure as fuck don't cut it.

Was going to do it, but my build was so STR heavy that I decided to just use STR based armor and make use of the extra life on it.

blade vortex 20%q is 8c, spirit offering 1c
I found 2 chests that dropped quality gems in merc lab and both dropped a fuckton of gems of the same quality, one 16% and the other 13%. So yeah i guess that's the case.

Check poetrade for all price related questions.
Just random. Its not unusual to get few same unique items from one enemy.

1 mana for each 2 points of hp in theory.

I guess i'll drop MoM then, i can barely reach 700 with 34 regen on a 6k life build.

Can you still use skills? If yes than keep it.

Bated Breath and Shavronne's Pace were extremely common even before the 3.0 update. Also Shavronne's Pace can be upgraded through prophecies to give 1% energy shield regen.

How do I get the Detonate Mines skill gem? Wiki doesn't say, so is it a random world drop?

yeah, it's a white gem you get randomly, buy it on poetrade fam

BLOOD and SKULLS
Alkaizer's dw gladi sunder is fun

Thanks.

Also fuck me this build is pretty strong. Killed Piety in Lunaris Temple at lvl 33, I casted the mines twice and detonated. Half her HP goes up in smoke. Repeat. Dead

When making a build make sure to check poe trade. I snagged The Anvil for 1 alch and there are plenty of decent leveling unique that can be used until you can craft or afford more expensive items.
Current build is a Gladiator that will have 78% block chance and will either use a Soultaker Axe or Bino's Kitchen Knife with the Lioneye's Remorse. Both will use Static Strike/Flicker Strike. By level 70 with the crit. build the HP wll; be 3.3K to 3.7K, DPS is 109K, 88% chance to hit and 66.6% chance to crit. with a 515% crit multiplayer. The expensive item will be the Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet Helm currently at 33c minimum. But the sheild is ~5c and knife is 1c so all in all not that expensive. The helm makes the build (via the +110% crit strike multiplayer) for DPS since without it DPS drops to 63K. Only way to offset that would be to make a 15 skill point path all the way to the Shadow's Adder's Touch. And then you would be a glass cannon.

Oh no, what a surprise. It's trash
Oh maybe this will- nope it's worse than my ~40% spell power wand.

Question though, does Glacial Cascade properly account for crit multiplier in the tooltip? I feel like that mace should be a minor upgrade for me but I lose ~50 average dmg.

if you're crit that level 10 mace is probably better than your current wand

With wand I have 710 avg damage, with mace 692. I have some crit but not much, only Assassination and the 2 nodes around it at Shadow.

Maybe I'll see about it later.

Use Path of Building to determine true DPS. It takes time to get used to but it is very useful in making builds, especially if you know what gear you want. It will show you every stat and what is being counted in determining it.

Yeah the damage it's pretty retarded on this build, I'm going to see how far can I get it until I get bored, maybe do atziri or guardians hell I may try uber or shapper just for luls

First decent drop of the league. Sell or keep?
Currently running pizza sticks, will make a RF+SR once I get a decent amount of currency.

If it isn't BIS, sell.

I guess I would need to calculate if this would give me more life or not. I'm using MoM too so I guess it can't be since I need flat mana.

I fucking hate this game so much.

…or you could gift it to me

99.9% of the uniques are complete trash. I remember when i started playing that i'd buy uniques in trade chat at 1600% of their price on poe.trade just so i could have a 6k dps tooltip.

Now i breeze through content with the lowest equips i can have, for example i've had the same helmet for 68 levels. I just buy the uniques for my build and vendor/sell the uniques i find. Uniques really are not the big part of this game, don't give them too much importance.

Did those cucks officially patch tits back into the UI yet?

Currently too poor to buy the items I need so I'm farming to sell.

Yes and no. Its not the same but I like it better.

So is the whole killing gods to free mankind thing another homage to JRPGs?

They didn't release 2 fedora MTX for nothing.

It's amazing how many FF references are in this Diablo-clone, Chris and his team are truly unoriginal thinkers.

I heard they stole whole gem system and passive tree (ideas) from FF
They are incompetent as fuck.

Go back to plebit.

The rest is situational.

Do you fucling think that every uniqe item should be universal? Like in fucking d3 where every item has the same stats? Fuck off.
Fuck off.

You stupid nigger, kill yourself. It's exactly what i said, 99.9% of them are garbage. Maybe it's you who should go back to reddit or at least go have your brain checked.

Yep, gems are like socketing Materia from FF7 and the passive tree was inspired by the Sphere Grid of FF10. That's not to mention that it's a Diablo clone that takes its story from common anti-religious anti-imperialist slave morality tropes.

Sold it for 2 ex.

You sound like a fag and I am not gonna waste my time to explain how you are not only a fag, but also wrong.

Oh neat, finally got an ancient orb. Any research into efficient uses of it (e.g. classes with a high probability of a useful unique)

Flasks for a higher probability of a decent unique.

Shields with 4*6 or 8*6 dimensions. I am not sure it can change size of the item. There are not a lot of shields and at least few of them are good.
Also you can try rolling belts in nemesis map.

Thanks!

Don't listen to the shields guy, that would be a waste or an orb.

4*6? 8*6?Do you even fucking play this game or are you here just to troll and bait? Kill yourself.

Fucking fenceshitters.

Here, just use this in the future.

Thanks.

Say I want to buy 40 of one map
How do I do this?

Additionally offers for my currency flipping deals have started rolling in

Question to my fellow tribesmen: If you have a public tab but are not "online" with poe.trade (e.g. you don't have acquisition running) will the shit in your tab still be on poe.trade?
I just want to know the easiest way to turn off the torrent of goyim wanting to give me shekels.

It will be there just without "online" tag. Its pretty obvious. But its not like anyone can trade with you offline and most people ignore offline altogether.

Rng is some weird shit.

Yeah I looked it up, I can just turn the public thing off and it stops.
What's the replacement for dried lake?

Another decent drop
I have never got two decent drops in a day
This one is a lion's roar. worth 30c~.
Anyone need it?

Does anyone have account with premium stash tab and dont play on it. If yes are you willing to give it to me. I refuse to pay money so i can trade.

Acquisition works fine, I only have a currency tab and sell everything else in a normal tab.

Chamber of innocence in act 10 is awesome. Blood aqueduct before that.

How is your progress?

Why are you not using SR?

Has anyone used poison frostblades with assasin ascendacy?

I can never get going on an RF build, just playing something weak until 65, or having to blow a ton of currency respeccing never did it for me

I bet you went ES with it.

I used like 6ex on a Belly and still havn't 6linked it. JUST

Why?
You can just go RF from low level. Springleaf, shaper seed, MoM, Ambu charge, and these gloves with 100 str give you a lot of regen at low level. And RF deals shitton of damage. You just need a flask with remove burning and ruby flask.

nay

How shitty is this league? Harbingers are boring to fight and their rewards are a joke. If it weren't for xp and normal drops it probably wouldn't even be worth fighting them.

I wouldn't exactly call 43 low, especially as the clearspeed on RF is subpar unless the most recent patch really changed that

You just charge past everything and it dies.

Can someone respond to this. Aw shit whatever i will just try it anyway

Who knows maybe I'll give it a shot for the fifth time. The build change at all from 2.6 or is it still bumrush life/regen/fire resist nodes, go marauder/Templar because they hug the nodes you want more than their ascendancy being useful

You can go for berserker, juggernaut, any templar but hierophant is shit, trickster or super hipster version with alchemist.

Berserker? Doesn't RF not count as you killing or was that changed. Also that's a long ways to any useful nodes from trickster.

Berserker has 25% heal every 2 seconds and +40% more damage.

I thought the 40% damage node was only to damage you dealt which somehow made it not work with RF, my mistake.

First thought is flasks, since those have a small pool of items and some even have only one type of unique they can get. For example Void Axe can only get Kitava's Feast and Jewelled Foil only gives Cospri's Malice. You should use the wiki and look for items with only one unique and obviously make sure the unique is worth it before you use it.

You forgot to mention that it applies to mana as well, meaning you can easily go for Mind over Matter with low investment. And the great thing about 3.0 is that MoM also applies to damage dealt to you by your RF.

…but why? poison, forgettin all the nerf that basically made it useless, use phys+chaos damage. You gimping yourself the moment you convert to cold, and frost blades usually scales that. It's like playing life getting only ES nodes.

I will do it anyway

I will just scale ele damage and poison.

What if i use cyclone with daggers

Cyclone could work, you could switch it for Viper Strike when you reach the boss room.

why viper strike

Oh i see good idea i will do it

What auras scale with this

Xex i will show you that i will make OP build

how big is the game's download size?

Are these decent for a mine build? Cast speed doesn't affect trap and mine laying speed right? Would suck a bit for Flame Dash and such though.
Boosts the average damage of glacial cascade mines from ~2180 to ~2380

Okay i am using blade flurry its 100% feels better than cyclone or viper stike for single target and packs

Because it has double the base duration that ordinary poison does. Also stop making a new post for every single reply, if you have to then just wait a minute before pressing reply.

Highly doubtful that you will

nay

8.3 gb installed, not sure how much you need for installation.

you're 2 league too late

It can't be stopped now i will either drop it halfway throught or have hard times. Either way i managed to get into act 4.

lol

Thank fuck I had 75% res, didn't want to cheese with portals on my first try.

Act 5. I think poison is still viable. Even after nerfs i am melting bosses in 3-4 seconds

You guys think the witch is a freak in bed? 'cause I want to fuck her within an inch of her energy shield.

They are a decent leveling unique if you are not a caster, and yeah they dont affect mine or trap laying speed, but eventually you'll want some rare gloves with resists or something else, glacial cascade mine doesn't really need that much to basically destroy everything

An according to reddit the baron is being price manipulated, which makes sense since we are way into the league and the price it's still stupid high, it's not like summoners are meta or some shit.

this is a PoE thread, not Diablo 1

You do know that is still on normal, right?

dynamic resolution nigger, helps a lot when you have a shit PC

lul

Just wait till you face Crab Nessa. Those Wraeclast STD's do a real number on ya.

youtube.com/watch?v=JgqYfzOjLjU

They doubled the number of misc currency slots on that page, though.

And?

You bought extra stash tabs but are complaining about buying a currency tab? Who are you trying to meme, us or yourself?

And
doesn't matter because the league the new currencies drop in don't conflict with other misc currencies (eg perandus or breach shards)

What?
Harbinger shards, breach shards/stones, as well as fucking essence all compete for those like 12 or whatever slots. Are you retarded?

I bought them in closed beta, they weren't selling currency tabs back then.

Why the fuck are you putting essence shards on the currency tab?

Even not counting older currencies, there still aren't enough new slots to fit all the new ones. There are 6 new orbs and 10 new fragments, but only 14 slots.

Update: Still playing Diablo 2

Thanks for reading

new league currencies have never been added to the currency stash tab until the after the league is over, and only if they are added to the core game

You mean like essence?

This was the case for Silver Coins and Perandus coins too. Essences ended up getting a whole tab to themselves. We still need slots for breach shards.
The two worse offenders of stash tab bloat was Talismans and League Stones, and those both didn't get added to the core game.

Which sucks. I really wanted leaguestones to be permanent.

I think they needed to be reworked to be less shitty. Managing them was too cumbersome, even if the payoff was great.

Looks fine to me.

God damn it, time to quit until another patch where I get a free reset

So did anyone see the additions before the site went down?

It was pretty much only bug fixes.

You already bought five extra, m8. Also organise your tabs, what you have there is an absolute abomination.
You can easily devote a tab to holding nothing but essences and divination cards, where you could also put quality gems and quality flasks in free spots for vendoring. If you're not going to sort most of your currency then at least sort the valuable ones like chaos, regal, vaal, alchemy and scouring orbs.

You should note that a lot of mechanics have changed. I would recommending looking up a build guide to get more accustomed to what the game is like now.

I'm somewhat organized, if I go full autism on it I will want to kill myself every time I fill my stash. I want to ctrl click all my orbs and shards into the stash after portaling home and get back to whatever I was doing.
Since we don't have something as unheard of as alphabetical auto sorting, that would mean I have to manually drag and drop every single shard and orb into their correct position if I wanted to keep the same types in clusters.
I'm not doing that shit.

Divination card was a mistake produced by my manic ctrl clicking and has been rectified. Their place is in tab 2 with my rings and amulets.
As for sorting currency depending on if it's newly added, not only do I not see the reason for that but it would also add another annoying layer in the sorting process. And then take into account that I mostly played pre 2.0 and only got 1-2 characters to ~ lvl70 during 2.+ patches, so to me a whole lot more is new.

Is PoE permanently online like Diablo3? No chance of an off-line mode? I don't care if the off-line does not count for on-line. I hate dying due to lag-spikes…

Probably like d3 with console version.

Sorry user. The game's designed from ground up to be always online.

Surprised nobody has tried to make a private server for it yet

What filters do you use?

I love how much effort you go through for that and only get like what, 20c?

I specifically have a simple one that filters out low ilevel items, highlight 5/6-links and good currency, and left the rest as is. Still thinking if I should filter rares, but I pick a few up to inspect them occasionally.

You can easily put gems in your weapon swap and it will level along with everything else. So if you have a six-socket weapon then you can level six purity of fire gems at the same time.

Yep. I was expecting +1 max res.

Is there any way to get a cloak or cape without paying?

I just started the gam,e and made a Templar. Then I ruined him by taking the nodes all the way to the "Improve auras" cluster because I thought it would make auras viable (it didn't).

So now I made a cute Scion that use Spectral Throw and I'm having much more fun.

So, is a Frostbolt + that cold vortex thing Templar viable? I liked the old fart, and despite ruining the first one I made (well, it was good to acquire experience), I wanna try again.

So what's a decent Scion Build? I looked at the guides and they all require some unique items and gems, pluse certain chained colored gem sockets.

New so I have nothing and the tree seems to autistic to sit and theory craft. Also can you share items between characters or you need to pay $$ for that?

So this is how they plan to get this game to work on Xbox? kek

Pls respond?

No. Pay up goy.
Do they look good in-game? I haven't seen one and I'm considering coughing up 30 shekels for that pack that gives you one.

They look ok in videos, but game in general looks like shit, so those prices are absurd.
I ain't reinstalling it then.

There are very few builds that NEED uniques, usually it's just that it is cheaper to get a good unique than it is to get a perfect rare, even though rares are easily capable of being superior to uniques.
Usually there are gem setups that people simply take that help with survivability. For example Whirling Blades with Fortify to get a defensive buff that makes you take 20% less damage or using Cast When Damage Taken with Immortal Call to have a bit of protection. None of them are really mandatory, people simply use them so they can afford to spend less passive points and currency on survivability.
They all depend on what you are trying to achieve but generally people pick shit that will carry you through most content when making build guides.
You can share items between characters in the same league (solo self-found counts as a separate league)
It's a new league, that is the case for pretty much everyone. For starting just look up a build guide, it will help you cut down on the number of bricked characters. And you are GUARANTEED to fuck up a couple dozen characters when starting, since you have no idea what the game is like later on and still don't grasp how each mechanic works yet.

Is there a comprehensive, Fall of Oriath updated guide for newer players? Bonus points if you also know of a detailed build to follow, since I've heard you can't just put points where you want or you'll end up getting wrecked later on.

Engineering Eternity has a fairly neat playlist explaining shit for new players
youtube.com/watch?v=lEZtq6FSebE&index=1&list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

For a build suggestion, just say what kind of playstyle you want.

Its officially The Shekel League.

Anyone else gotten a random ban when leveling up? I hit lvl 46 and got instantly banned.

Great series, thanks.

Banned or muted?

But what type of playstyle would you be interested in then? The guide won't tell you what you want, only how it works

Properly banned, can't log in to the game or the forums, and I can't think of anything I've done that warrants a ban (as in no botting, griefing, third party software or anything).

The guy in the video recommended a STR based class for starters so that's probably what I'll go for, and then I guess just play around with the gems to see what skills I like? Wasn't really looking for any playstyle in particular, just a leveling guide of sorts cause I hate theorycrafting.

Irrelevant. What kind of character you want to play? Summoner, caster, melee, ranged, etc.
Poe is half theorycrafting, half merchant tricks and a little bit of fun playing builds.
So dont play hardcore, its not for you. At least pick a skill you want to use. Or two if you cant decide.
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Threshold_jewel
Here list of kind of cool jewels that makes your skills cooler. Must be fun to play them.

I was thinking of a fast paced melee character, maybe Shadow? Are hybrid attribute characters better to start with or does it not matter?

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fight_for_Survival
Get 2 of these and use frost blades. Its really fast and good. Start with ranger or duelist. Shadow is also okay but I would recommend ranger.

Much appreciated user. Frost Blades looks cool, but is it viable without the jewels? Can't imagine I'll be able to get those easily when just starting out.

poe.trade/search/annasoyaritoyu
They cost 2 alch, its next to nothing. You will be able to afford them around 12 level, just when your jewel slot will unlock. They cost lowest possible value for trading, so its next to nothing.

poeurl.com/brEB
This is must have for your build, you can do whatever after that.
poeurl.com/brEF
In the end it can look something like this. If you gotta go fast go with raider. The other 2 ascendancy is also good.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks! I will definitely give this a try

The other user forgot to mention that you should get Multistrike Support as fast as possible to avoid it feeling like a pain in the ass. Frost Blades is an incredibly bad beginner skill, take Wild Strike instead.

Also here's the reasons why starting out with Frost Blades is a fucking retarded idea
Although the first and last one applies to Wild Strike as well, it doesn't have the other two issues. I probably should have recommended Lacerate instead, since it doesn't have any of those issues and it is both good for single-target and for clearing.

get that one unique that makes frost blade projectiles chain or splash. That one rapier

user, just stop trying to get him to play Frost Blades, that claw is 80c at the very cheapest right now.

it's a rapier not a claw. and I was only talking about to level with.

Oh boy, its so hard to click on mob.
Yeah, because at low level you really need to optimize damage of your build, push for additional 30-40 dps.
Have you fucking played frost blades? They target half of screen with their projectiles. It has more effective aoe than any anything, may be even more than spectral throw. And they fucking autatarget after 1st hit.
Because you are retard. Lacerate is usable on 70+ after you have all attack speed you can probably need.

You dont need it, just good weapon for 1 alch will carry everyone.

For fuck sake. Why not just use atziri axe with it. Every fucking low level weapon will be good for leveling.

The skill is a pain in the ass and you know it, the issue is that you are clicking on a mob that is moving because your range is far greater than the enemy's. And although in Act 1 and Act 2 are super slow, in Act 3 that is going to start being an issue for someone that has never played the game before.
user asked for a build so that he wouldn't fuck it up, which is why he also asked for a guide on how to not fuck up and asked for a build he woudln't be able to fuck up.
Yeah, behind the enemy. The projectiles are next to useless at the start of the game because there is zero mob density. Oh yeah and Frost Blades doesn't work like Lightning Strike where the projectiles spawn regardless of whether an enemy was targetted, the hit has to first connect before it can create them. And then for further confusion the game doesn't actually say how much damage the projectiles do, it only gives information on the initial hit.
In end-game that would be true but for a fairly long time spectral throw is far better.
Well I'm not the genius that recommended a skill that scales multiple parts of the attack separately. The initial hit doesn't scale the projectile and not being 100% conversion means he is going to have to guess how much % ele is good and how much is bad. You couldn't have picked a bigger noob-trap of a skill, it is easy to pretend that a newfag will play as well as you on their first try but that is clearly not the case, any nuisances and difficulties you may have are going to be ten-fold.

Go play fucking lacerate at low level instead of frost blades.

Well I hope you enjoy having no single-target damage whatsoever with Frost Blades then, since that is only a few % above 100% base damage at the start. Add conversion on top of that and you end up with something only marginally better than basic attack, since supports just barely offset any resists rare monsters may have. Frost Blades has always had bad single-target, in fact it is the reason why the unique jewels give 15% cold penetration and why you can have a total of 30% cold penetration with just the jewels.

How much hp should I have when doing uber lab with a life build? Currently I have 4500 and I just got oneshot by argus' melee

Argus hits harder than Izaro does but really it depends on what kind of damage mitigation you have.

pastebin.com/WCrUH7zs
Me currently
I think I'm gonna drop that cast cluster for a life cluster, but all the remaining ones are shit.

Your setup is actually really good, the fact that you have a totem build with Ancestral Bond means you can afford to run around more. You could probably do two options: have a decoy totem for that 8% less damage against you (which will take up one totem while you have the other dealing damage) or replace Temporal Chains with Enfeeble. Alternatively just get a few more levels to get the Marauder life nodes, that flat life on Heart of the Warrior is a massive boost to life. Just getting only the nodes necessary to get Heart of the Warrior you get 400 extra total life in contrast to getting the nodes to Melding, which will give you only 300 extra total life, and all it takes is just five levels.

I feel like it would be harder to stack life as hard, since Oak doesn't give a massive boost to HP anymore, does he?

Gear has higher possible life due to the addition of hybrid life/armor, life/evasion and life/energy-shield rolls. You can get 150 maximum life on a chest-piece if you get both the previously existing prefix and the new prefix roll as T1 in contrast to 120 maximum life with only the previous prefix.

What is the state of minion builds these days? Last I played was when srs just came out. I liked the zombies and srs but hated specters.

What are my options for builds now and how much do I need to specialize? Could I go zombies, golem(s?) and srs? Do I need to build around srs or will it be strong for any minion build?

From what I've gathered:

How much has to drop on screen until we get a auto pick up button

pastebin.com/mPcqeQED

Never, because GGG has an unhealthy obsession with how Diablo 2 did it.
Remember how you had to manually pick up gold in Diablo 2? Remember how tedious that was? Remember the first time you killed the countess and had to pick up all those specks of gold manually?
That's why you have to do it manually in Path of Exile.

Similarly, Chris Wilson in particular considers the trading in Diablo 2 to be the best trading system ever devised, even though it was a nightmare of spambots and scams. It took forever for them to even add premium stash tab functionality, and they probably only did it because they could profit even more from stash tab sales.

And their official stance on this whole dilemma?
Get this:
GGG says that auto-pickup would enlarge the chasm between high level players (streamers and trade Jews) and low level players (me&you) because streamers only pick up high level currency while me&you pick up even portal scraps.
They have the gall to say that this would make the wealth gap larger because high level players would pick up even more currency.

They're not entirely wrong. Top players are going to clear way more maps/hour than you and I will. Giving them automatic benefits to their methods probably really would make it worse

They admit that trading is fucked and even promised update in 2 weeks. It was months ago.
And they already fixed it once. By selling premium tabs.
Also currency tab already fucked over low tier players. Jew orbs used to cost 7-9 for 1 chaos.

But it would also make the game much more playable for low level players. Trading enhancements would worsen the wealth gap, too, probably. So what? There's always going to be a huge wealth gap in any game with any semblance of an economy. If they want to abolish the wealth gap, they'll have to add some retarded redistribution system to the game, essentially making it communism, and nobody would fucking play it.

That doesn't sound too promising, also how can they make AI worse than it was?

CI? I thought life was best to tank up with after ES nerfs this patch.

Wrong. The community patched it up with poe.xyz and poe.trade, all GGG did was throw some breadcrumps so that it works slightly better.

I remember interview where they talk how trading is fucked and how they are going to fix it by selling premium tabs. Its their words.

Haven't played the game in 2 years, how viable is it to go full glass cannon - as in, take no life/ES nodes? Would maxing your crit chance be worth the damage?

Not viable unless you like to die, walk 10 minutes to get where you were only to die again making little to no progress in the zone. Life/ES are necessary because you're gonna take damage sooner or later, be it an off screen arrow or a mob teleporting on you. The fast pace doesn't help either.

You could however not invest as much as be completly fine in a softcore league, you will die a lot but it shouldn't be too much of an issue if you grab something like 120-150% life. 180% would be sufficent for a normal build. Don't bother with ES, it's shit now. Crit chance isn't too hard to cap and even builds with lots of life/ES manage to cap it, your only choice for the extra points would be more damage nodes or notables like those vaal pact, blood magic etc. Even a class far away from one could be able to reach it wasting a lot of points, and you could make something unique from that.

Again, you will die a lot and it's really frustrating at high levels with the exp loss.

Shouldn't there be some physical attack gems that allow you to three/four-shot distant enemies before they get a chance to properly fuck you up? Can't you just slap some CoC on those with something like Ice Spear with more projectiles and call it a day? Map clear speed would be fast, in concept.

You should be able to clear trash packs in two shots maximum.
You will still get nuked by bullshit.

map clear speed is already fast, there's very little benefits to go "light" glass cannon. The concept just doesn't fit well with the game's mechanics.

Yeah I don't see how making top players slightly better matters at all

I'm going to deallocate that cast speed cluster for now so that I'll get that flat life boost at 81.
Temp doesn't really seem to be very helpful, so I will try out enfeeble. 30% less damage? Hell yes.

Enemies use a lot of the same skills players do, which is why they can off-screen you just as easily as you can off-screen them. For example, the first character I made kept constantly dying in Cruel Ivory Barracks because enemies using Arc could instantly kill me from off-screen, since I had negative resists and made zero investment in life nodes.

BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA BZZZT HYYYA

All Act and map bosses have 60% reduced curse effectiveness on them, which is partially the reason why Temp Chains isn't very useful. Even with that 60% reduced curse effectiveness and a level 1 Enfeeble, Izaro will still deal 8% less damage, deal 8% less crit damage, have 8% reduced accuracy (accuracy affects crit chance on top of chance to hit) and have 10% less crit chance as a whole, all of which will contribute to having less of a chance of being one-shot.

DOUBLE DIPPING IN MY POE?
NERFED

Question. Why should I do League over standard? Guessing League is like a ladder?

Leagues have neat mechanics that make them different from the base game, there are very few situations where you would prefer not to take a league, most of which don't apply to new players.

New to the game, I made a Shadow and picked the fire trap skill. Having a blast so far.
I figured I'll build this guy around that, the important nodes seem to be on the right end of the tree. But I'm wondering which nodes I should be picking up on the way. Any advice?

Clever construction is the best Quality of Life node in the game, get it as quickly as you can. poeplanner DOT com is probably the best planner you can use

That's one of them I was gonna pick up, just wondering what I should get on the way.

Wow you were right, level 24 can sustain righteous fire pretty easily with a springleaf and a shaper's seed

Path of building is amazing for planjing builds. You can see every change and exactly how much you get for each node.

How much regen% do you need to sustain RF, generally? Maybe I should redo a character to have it.

Obviously more life makes regen% more effective, as do resists

Post your passive tree so we can laugh at you

You can do it after you have this/after normal lab. 5 lvl of purity of fire and you good to go.
And do not expect to be able to run mom all the time, on low level flask can provide you with 5-6 remove ignite, so you can run RF in pack without any problem. Also berserk seems to be a better choice in general, but its close with the rest.
Also do not expect to be able to sustain mom all the time. You need mana only for additional regen/hp pool/movement skill.
After 6+k hp sustaining mom becomes hard but its still beneficial. I dropped mom after I got to lvl 91.
Everything melts extremely fast. Also if you link movement skill/warcry to blood magic you can use mana just to provide regen, not as additional hp. But I would not recommend it.

I haven't made one yet this league. Is Chieftain totems still the meme, or do you roll up Templar? I guess life is king now, so Marauder is the way to go

What do you think about Champion as an ascendancy for RF? You get 75-85% inc damage at all times, basically

What's the typical drop rate people have experienced for uniques? Last time I played I saw one in 30 levels. This time I've had about seven by 35.

I guess I've found one every 5-10 areas or so, maybe

I just sniped a 200c item for 50c and feel kind of bad for the guy. Help me

MFW

Why would you not get combat stamina? It's life+regen

10/10

Few chaos maybe but that's it. More if you manage to regal a good 3rd stat on it but that chaos resist is literally worthless. Even if you do get something good, who the fuck uses mines?

I thought that was the FOTM burst meme build right now

Me, you nigger I'm using mines, that's why I got exited, trying to stalk poe.trade or poeapp for something like this it's a pain the ass

if it is prices haven really been affected, and the only unique you need it Tremor Rod that's common has all fuck

reeeeeeeeeee
at least got a carcass jack that's worth something

How? You could probably get a way better jewel for 2c.

So what to do for a RF link, Conc effect, Burning damage, elemental focus, swift affliction? And just swap out increased AoE for farming and conc effect for bosses? or what

I don't think Swift Affliction works.

RF is a degeneration effect that causes burning damage, but I don't think it does an ignite

Could be wrong though

I forgot.

Yes.
And you need them in your essence craft gloves/helmet.
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_of_Horror
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_of_Delirium
For 30% more damage. And obviously inc area on everything besides bosses instead of conc effect.

Is it guaranteed to appear if you use the remnant of corruption, or do you need to get lucky?

Corrupting the Essence a monster is trapped in will result in one of the following outcomes chosen at random:

Mobs are broken free with empowered stats.
All contained essences have their level increased by 1.
Another essence is added.
Upgrade the essence type to a higher essence type in the tiered progression
And obviously you use remnant of corruption only on purple essences. Colored like pic related.

Specifically, it transforms it into the corresponding essence of the next tier up, meaning to get Horror you need to corrupt a mob with Envy.

Yeah, but they all worth something so its okay to use remnant on any purple essence.

Chieftain totem life was nerfed the same way Mirror Arrow minion life was nerfed, although not as severe.

Intimidation is a MORE multiplier, not increased, making it even better of an option.

Ele inquisitor warchief totems. Is this good league starter?

How do you intend on converting the physical to elemental? Using Ngamahuš Flame and Avatar of Fire?

phys to lighting gem

Thankfully, it's the one double dipping the devs apparently don't mind existing ingame.

Seems a bit of a waste to only do partial conversion

This is bf with phys to lighting. I was thinking it would be even more powerful if i would go inquisitor warchief.

youtube.com/watch?v=kjkwZDjJXrs&feature=youtu.be

meant to reply to dis

Not sure if this is such a good idea.

Anyone want funny MF build mostly not viable at endgame?

Even with the fact that exalts are dirt cheap now, that still means having to pay 2000c

there was cheap version posted on forums it was like 1-2 exalts. It too sharper farily quick not in 0.1 second but it was still 5 minute run

Would you then for a RF+SR build 6L SR?

You need shavs for that. Burning damage, faster casting/empower, rapid decay, elemental focus, controlled destruction.
Kaom really leaves only a few links left. And it will be hard to play compared to regular RF - just run/dash around enemy to kill it. Upgraded eye of chaulla can cost a lot, shavs, top tier ES gear will really cost you. Not really worth it, I think, but in theory will deal more damage.

How do I make a proper 2H melee build? It seems like Slayer and Berserker are the best ascendancies, I went with Slayer for this first version I threw together.
I'm not sure what skills to use yet but I can probably use any melee skill with a build such as this. That being said I'll give Cyclone and Sunder a try since they're apparently good these days.

Do I want to get MoM and Resolute Technique like I have here? Brutal Fervour seems amazing for Slayer, but do I get Impact or Bain of Legends with my remaining 2 points?
pastebin.com/8AhRBKS7

Pretty alright. You dont need to go right after MoM for witch passives, they are shit, better to spend 2 points near duelist if you want MoM.
poeurl.com/br7c
Kind of like this, you probably will not need LL passives from the tree, but it can help. You also will need to pick weapon type for it. Usually after you get weapon. I personally would recommend axe, there are plenty of good leveling axes and tier 2 of them cost almost nothing.

Why does it have to be ES? Is there synergy between the two I'm not seeing? Why not MoM life?

wtf is this shit and why is there a thread of it on the frontpage? is this a shill thread or something? game looks like a shitty and worse knockoff of grimdawn?

Thanks, I totally forgot about the mana near Duelist, that is clearly better than going for Witches mana/life, I like the other minor adjustments as well. But isn't 150% life is maybe a bit on the lower end especially for a melee character? And that's with me keeping Devotion, with your version it's 131%.

If I go for the Scion cluster the build is a bit bloated with 105 points used but life gets up to 200%. This will make it harder to get some weapon passives like you suggested.

Here's my slight revision of the build:
pastebin.com/iju85HdE

You absolutely have to pick up jewel slots that are 2 nodes away. Even 3 nodes is very efficient still.
Also going to the witch area should be completely unnecessary.
The general 2h nodes are pretty shit, if you need points elswewhere I'd probably drop one of the two pathes.
I'd pick up one of the specialized nodes by marauder and pick up the corresponding damage+leech node near duelist.
If you need mana leech pick up 1 leech node near duelist.
There's more life near marauder in the tireless node if you need it.
pastebin.com/r3HiubkW
I whipped it up in 2 minutes so there's probably better ones, but it should be a decent guidline.

I can't import that build, it says "Invalid code".

Because kaom has no links. And you will drop MoM on high level anyway. Its less effective than pure health on high level in every regard.

It was general idea. And just drop MoM completely, it was just a build for MoM, and on hight level you will drop it anyway so you will be able to cut 6 passives from mana + 3 passives to get there + 3passives with useless for you regen. So you will free 12 passives form my tree anyway.
poeurl.com/br7A
Like this shit for axes. But its not effective, I jsut dont want to waste more time on it.

Weird.
pastebin.com/UuzX3EYw

Someone fucked something up.

Do you have anything to back this up?
Anyways, I just alt f4d, I have 5k hp and I'm dying in sub second long attacks from full health. How much can I reasonably expect to get without a kaoms? 6k? 7k?

Well the consensus seems to be that MoM is not worth taking, I'm not married to the idea so I don't mind, it just seemed like good value points for 30% DR since I got so close to templar. But I guess this build is gonna be one with a smaller mana pool which would force me to get more mana passives which suddenly makes it less effective.

I've looked around on the forums and saw "Ngamahu Cyclone Build" but "very cheap" seems to be subjective since in the required gear section I see 100c worth of gear.
Is this build still gonna be decent, with me not knowing if I'll be able to acquire all that BiS? I haven't played a melee build since around the 1.0 time so maybe I'd be best off following a guide for now.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819239

Honestly, if you're going to go that route just follow Mathils newest build. You can later just swap over to ngamahus axe probably, shouldn't be too expensive to respec anyways.
It's way cheaper at least.

Thanks, yeah I think I'll be a casual cunt for now and follow a build and the one you linked seems both more fun and easily geared.

Good on low health levels. Drops in efficiency later. But good on low level.

Just get kaom. I get mine in like 4 days. With my build I have 250~ increased life, so without kaom I would have 7k hp(1400 less compared to kaom version). Aim high, motherfucker. Get the fucking kaom. Just purchase cheap cards. What is the point of build if you dont expect to have core item for this build? You can also try belly of the beast, but you will need a shitton of HP on all of your gear to justify it. And it will be a waste of currency to use it as stepping stone before kaom. I used ambus charge without any problem before I get my kaom.

Damn, Tornado Shot with fork, chain and +2 secondary projectiles is ridiculous. Sometimes oneshotting everything in 2.5 screens with my doomfletch.
Also the tradeapi seems turbofucked again. Constantly getting whispers for something I removed 30 minutes ago.

Did you keep the organs throughout the entire lab?

Nope, I hadn't even gone to Lab on that character yet.

This was after I picked up most of the good shit

Its actually very nice joke.

And it crashed again. Fuck this game holy shit.

I just saw someone running around using a CODT, Molten Shell, Life leech as a primary damage source.
Does that even work?

And RF doesn't even scale off of spells or casting, just elemental damage. So I'd start tanky (or go straight for the +elem damage% and grab life shit). Might be cool

they're 10 exalts right now, how much did you play in 4 days to get that much

If you get ahead of the pack you can make a killing selling the crap you find and buying expensive uniques before they inflate too much.

You sure?
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/First_to_Strike,_Last_to_Fall

it's increased damage taken, which, for some is practically a more multiplier, but it is additive with some stuff, like, say, shock, and vulnerabilty, which are also increased damage taken.

Oh okay, that makes sense then.

I'm starting to think of other options than Righteous Fire. For example, a retaliation build that has tons of life and regen%. In particular, CWDT seems to work with eg Molten Shield and RF too, and that's a juicy more multiplier

Fuck nevermind, I misread something, I didn't see CWDT has a sharp reduction until later

Here's my POB link pastebin.com/cfvNg2Bs

Do you see anything excessively incorrect with it?

you need to set the level, otherwise pob thinks you're level 1, keep in mind that the intimidate and taunt stuff requires you to actually HIT enemies, which is something damage over time doesn't do, I would honestly use another ascendancy if you want rf as a main damage dealer, but then again I wouldn't use rf at all, here's your tree after I made some changes.
poeurl.com/bskR
I removed a bit of regen and useless armour stuff and got more life.

Are you sure base attack damage is that good?
Anyways I'll consider a different

base attack damage is terrible if you're spell or rf based, but you go that way to grab the 4% life nodes

errr I actually took the attackspeed path, which is useful for most builds to move around faster with movement skills.

24c per card. Consider this, one opal ring cost like 50c~ and marble amulet 20c~. And you have to craft them yourself. And you will need to sell/purchase new ones if you craft something good in general but not good for you. 200-300c is cheap for the amount of health it provides. And Just think how much jewels will cost.

Anyone good at building? Here's a build I need critique on
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAQCAAHnBS0GOQaLCEkJMwomDPcNzRLhFCAUTRUgFewYkRkuGbQaPhpVG_ocziDjIWAkmyftKaUrUCzpLYMuUy_MNZI26DrhPC09AD0PPfxAoEF0R35N41BHUWBW6FcNWGNfP1_aYSFi7GVNaGVs2HTtdPF2K3aseTl6737igIqBm4IHg1-DzITZhO-Gs4rwjM-PYJHOktCWbJ7Nn4Kfy6LqpBmmV6cwqZWsr62Nr6ewq7Lctiy2irc-uR277byfvTa-eL6nwL_BgsSCxPbGrs9-0TbSIdNv2L3ZYdl82sHdDeCV4izkUelG6dXvDvJB8kXzBvOb9kj3Tfuq_Ev-Cv5U_o8=
It's a max block Varunustra Gladiator build with The Anvil. It has cwdt molten shell/immortal call. Uses Blade flurry.
Is it worth picking up MOM? Has 207% max life right now. Runs a Chaos golem off a Redblade ring for more damage reduction.

yhhyjj4.blogspot.com/…………………………………….

Yeah, no.

200-300c
try 375-450C right now, depending on the day

Is Essence Worm really that good? It dropped so I checked poe.trade and it goes for ~15c. I guess it's nice if you only want to use 1 aura but I don't need a fully unreserved mana pool for my skills and if I use a second aura I only reserve about 40 less mana as compared to using them both without the ring.
What am I missing here?

Aren't there a few "bonuses at full mana" jewels around somewhere? Also it could be useful for MOM builds.

Oh yeah, found that Clear Mind jewel after some googling. Maybe strong but 7c for even the lowest tier ones is a bit much.
Definitely hanging on to that ring though, might have some potential.

You can also use two Essence Worms to run two free auras instead of just one.

I feel like you'd lose out on too many stats that way, ~60% more damage from a Clear Mind can't possibly make up for that?

Free aura even if you have blood magic, what you think?

Zero out of fucking 13 gems.

I'm 11-1. Also probably 1000c spent on fusings and 0 6 links

I don't mind the current trade setup too much, I just wish people could buy directly from your stash rather than forcing you to stop what your doing every time.

I haven't even hit maps yet because I'm a lazy fuck. Also fragile ranger.

Does the optimization for endgame shit need to be that heavy?

I actually discovered this trick myself on Standard a year or two ago. Pretty robust, good meme.

If you're playing RF level 21 purity of fire is pretty important since it adds 1% max fire res. 6 links are obviously pretty important for everyone, but not really needed either I just want to stop wearing my gay ass tabula, my current gear is ~20ex and I'm wearing a tabula

I am just pushing for the top and purity of fire is really fucking important for my rightouos fire. Next 1% resist will give me 8% additional fire damage reduction and I can boost it to additional 2% in 3 levels(by lvl 96) so I will have 90% fire resistance. A whole fucking 18% additional fire damage reduction compared to current 88% version.

How viable are melee builds that aren't built around tanking, such as rf? I'm in act 6 and died nearly as many times as my recent character did by the time of finishing act 10.

Bosses are a pain, if I get hit once I have to run in circles and wait for my flask to regen me up because I can't leech life when a second hit means my death. Regular rares and uniques tend to be alright, but pretty much every boss past act 4 is pure cancer for this build.
It's harder to do sustained damage, it's harder to avoid touhou shit because positioning is more limited and melee skills tend to lock you down longer. The only bright side I see of this build is that I can plough through enemies without stopping other than for loot, while ranged characters need to stand still to use most skills. But this only applies to clearing where death shouldn't really be a concern.

I haven't tried a bow build since I came back to PoE (tornado shot looks cool), tempted to do that but I don't want to try new builds all the time either.

The short answer is very.

Depends on what you mean by this. If you have 3k life, no mitigation like block/dodge and no leech they're terrible. you probably want at least 5k life and some mitigation like fortify and a decent amount of leech/possibly vaal pact.

What are your resistances and armor?

I was worried because back when I played the most they were pretty much meme builds and I was worried they still were. Maybe I need to itemize more health on my gear, I've been pretty greedy with my use of uniques that lack much defense. At what point should I switch out my Tabula? When I find a 5L?

1.4k life at lvl 50. No armor but 36% evasion chance and 30% dodge from passive since I'm playing raider. I can't really go the armour route with this.

I'm greedy and been increasing my res depending on what bosses I'm facing. Most of my deaths have been from plot progression bosses anyway.

4l cheast cost like 1 alch. You can essence craft HP on it. And 4 links are totally free.

I realize, but I'd be trading away 2 support gems worth of dps for stats on my chest piece. Damage loss is a lot less significant if I wait for a 5L. My damage also plays into survivability since I have leech and VP.

Good, armor is useless. Pick up Acrobatics if you havn't yet.
I've used a tabula to level a berserker to 93 and a deadeye to 90 this league and I'm not stopping until I finally 6 link my stupid chest. As long as all your other stats are decent wearing a tabula is fine.

Come on, on low level you can get weapon to oneshot fucking everything for 2 alch orbs.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant with the dodge passive. I'm guessing Phase Acrobatics is a waste? Doesn't look very appealing for the point investment. I recon I should be able to tank up more, a lot of my gear besides the Tabula is damage oriented.

I'm going to 1 shot trash regardless I feel, the damage is nice for meaty bosses that I don't want to fight against for too long which indirectly increases my survivability. My weapons are pretty good for what is available. 4k dps without frenzy charges on cyclone right now.

At this point its impossible to have bad survivability. Everything is dirt cheat except retarded items like goldrim. You can find rare helmet with same stats and hp or some other shit. There is no excuse for having shit equipment and complaining about bad damage.

Found boots with 70 hp and single res, managed to craft helmet with single res and about 70 hp as well and after grabbing some hp nodes I from lvls I gained I'm now at a more comfortable 1850 hp at 52.
I can probably be greedy and keep my Tabula for a while as long as I make sure most other gear have res and hp.

someone make a new thread

No u