Grimoire General

Last thread hit page 13.

Note you can't alt+tab so use the task manager to minimize it.
Buy the game here to support Cleve: store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/
Pirate the game here to find out if you like it or are a poorfag: mega.nz/#!lSQVAIhT!CCyqT5H9PvEoR0F4gvrbPEEW10pjvTBLSB2Ur545uvo

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!YzIAXIaI!s1nnCteu-E9amVhFeuJZD-gJF03sqRDwL59pEuTkBt0
drive.google.com/uc?id=0B8cbk2Jnb9hbeTZzWTJULUF2ZDQ
somethingsensitive.com/index.php?topic=657.0
archive.is/JC6uJ
steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615864724993/
archive.fo/Qo3Pt
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1102734940
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who cares about this game anymore nerd

You do.

i do. it's fun.

also a newer version was posted in that thread:
mega.nz/#!YzIAXIaI!s1nnCteu-E9amVhFeuJZD-gJF03sqRDwL59pEuTkBt0

shill thread #46

Battle of the century. Cleve Blakemore vs George Soros.

can someone suggest a good party that doesn't include a bard?

Shill harder, you autistic sack of degenerate shit.

neanderthal toilet seats

Cleve could hack into George Soros's network and expose all his secrets within minutes.

Holy fuck you're just a bunch of retards.

Try a team with 2 sages.

2 Sages are redundant, it should be 1 sage then 1-3 more spellcasters that are not wizards.

what about the other 6 members?

Might and Magic 6-8 have better graphics than this and it's nostalgic for me, because I played them when I was a small kiddie.

I rather replay those games again.

Did you know grimoire took 12 years to make?

First two should always be meat shields, but really the members that will carry your party through are the spellcasters in the back. I recommend at least three casters.

lol sage and report

Go ahead faggot, this is a general thread nothing is going to happen.

Anyways I hate this Mordecai asshole, he stonewalls me on literally every topic I've shown him thus far and I used my mindread scroll already. What are the keywords for him so i can move on?

He isnt wrong

ETA on this man getting kicked off Steam and v&? Just imagine anyone else trying to post this shit on any other forum there.

I was mainly kidding, I would probably try something like Sage/Cleric/Necromancer/Thaumaturge and then any physical characters that you want from some of the higher hp races.

this retard is so getting banned from steam

It's like Alex Jones became a game developer. I love it, not only is the game entertaining, but you also get to watch Cleve trigger assblasted babies.

He isn't redpilled enough to understand that Soros is just Rothchild's right hand. Well, that's by Holla Forums standards. And to understand that Soros just acts accordingly to the grand scheme planned by rich jewish mafia, which wants to convert all goyim into brown dumb sex driven slave class of mud people with no nationality or heritage, and submit to jew-asian ruling class. Also Alex Soros will soon replace the role of his father.

This game is two boyhoods, 24 years. and it's actually good

Where's the manual ?

Alex Soros is a cuck and probably a disapointment to his father.

You're in for a surprise.

Nah, he's father would be proud of him being a cuck. He already doing father's philanthropist job if you checked the news. He now has his own Alexander Soros Foundation. He still hopes to restore DNC by supporting it with his money.

lol sage and report

He literally pays niggers to be his friends but no one even wants to.

Soon So a couple of years

He apparently also has taste in nigger womyn.

Will be out this week.

mfw

I have two giant warriors up front, then wolfin ranger and wolfin thief after, wolfin cleric, aeorb thaumaturge, aeorb necromancer and aeorb sage, and everything except for the beginning monsters fuck us up without us even scratching, such as the snake in the starter dungeon and the fucking robbers, even the fungus keeps killing my characters.

what the fuck do I do?

So did Cooper draw the artwork for this?

First thing is first, follow this map. Note the ladder and entrance to the two dungeons are not marked.

*Oh wait they are marked.

Ok so for all your beast and lizard dudes drop your weapons until you get good gear your claws and bites will do more damage. Head to the shrine and explore that fully first, keep detect secret active at all times. To assay simply right click the healing symbol next to each party member then click an item, then after that take the item then put it on the assay icon it will tell you the important stuff you need like "why is my weapons so shit?".

?fungus? are the most powerful enemies in Briarpatch so just end the game right there.

someone was posting earlier about how apparently you should dump your starting weapons on the fighters and just punch punch punch until you're at half health and then just defend

also, apparently status effects like charm and poison are quite good. Also there's a fairy you can recruit in the briarwoods (if you know how to recruit) that is awesome and makes things a lot easier at the start from the look of things

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious but I don't know what.

Anyone else kind of annoyed how certain items don't stack?

So, when scribing spells, what power level do you go for? Match your character's level or go a little higher?

Beast races have claws and are especially dangerous with hand to hand combat.

what about giants and a dwarf? are they better off slowly getting good with their weapons (or finding better ones) or is better to go Mike Tyson for a while

Giants suck they can only equip special equipment.

Okay then

I have a giant and I equipped him with the alien lazer gauntlet.

I don't know. My berserker uses an axe and has been doing pretty good damage.

That mega version is out of date try this one drive.google.com/uc?id=0B8cbk2Jnb9hbeTZzWTJULUF2ZDQ

Is he Francis E Dec Esquire?

for real though post your current party set ups of class/race

800 lizard dicks

Say goodbye to him and walk away.
I won't know much about him other tha we can't recruit him (yet).
I tried fighting him before though and he killed my entire party including Rosie.

I have a hunch Mordecai is the guy you talk to when you are ready to train a character as assassin.

Giant: Warrior
Giant: Warrior
Dragon dude: Warrior (in case one of the giants die in combat)
Wolf chick: Cleric
Darkelf chick: Wizard
Rat chick: Thief
Rosie the Destroyer of Worlds
Elf chick Cleric you get in that town Mordecai is in

did you only start out with 6 people and recruit rosie then the other or is there a way to tell one of your other people to fuck off so you can recruit her?

You can dismiss anyone from your party when you try to recruit Rosie.
You can find and bring then back at anytime in the secret catacomb in The Shrine of the Raptor

Just started rolling a new party because of the save wiping issue. I call it the nigga party
Spacenigga: Durendil Templar.
Lilnigga: Barrower Berserker.
Lizardnigga:Drake warrior (might reroll him as a different class)
Tentaclerape:Aeorb Sage

speaking of character creation, does anyone know what all the stats do? I have some inkling like how destiny lets a character resist a mortal blow, but some are just confusing.

Dude lets ditch these nerds and go cruising for pussy at K-Mart

The model in the Adida's cap isn't a desi?

My party is Saurian\Warrior, Wolfin\Ranger, Drake\Warrior, Ratman\Thief, Durendil\Bard, Aeorb\Sage, Feyfolk\Wizard and Barrower\Thaumaturge. The beginning was pretty rough, but now only a big pack of dragonflies can stop them.

It's the same as Wizardry, only some names changed around.
ARMOR
NAC: Natural Armor Class
BAC: Basic Armor Class
CAC: Class Armor Class
IAC: Item Armor Class
MAC: Magical Armor Class (?)
TAC: Total Armor Class
Resistances
AIR: Air
CAU: Caustic
COL: Cold
DEA: Death
EAR: Earth
FIR: Fire
GAL: Galvanic (Electricity?)
HYP: Hypnosis
LUM: Luma (light?)
MEN: Mental
MES: Mesmerizing
SON: Sonic
SOR: Sorcery
SYS: System
TOX: Toxin
Aqua
Paralysis
INT: Intelligence
Important for spell casters and maybe metalsmith item creation.
WIS: Wisdom
Probably also spell casters, though maybe only clerics etc.?
WIL: Willpower
Resistance against mind attacks, maybe some attack bonuses.
STR: Strength
This one is obvious. Attacks and carrying capacity.
CON: Constitution
Hitpoints and things like resistances or healing from diseases and what not.
SPE: Speed
Who attacks first and maybe additional attacks per round.
AGI: Agility
Dexterity and evasion of attacks.
FEL: Fellowship (equivalent to charisma)
Recruiting and talking to NPC's, equivalent to diplomacy.
DEV: Devotion (equivalent to faith)
Determines total mana pool and it's increase per level.
MET: Metabolism
Amount of vitality and how quickly it goes down or replenishes.
DES: Destiny (luck, karma or both)
Can save from death in fights, "Destiny intervened".

how about i fuck this cute boypussy with my 10 inch cock instead
as long as he's 18+

Brennus is my tank.
Ilgamesh was my scout until I recruited Rosy and he became my secondary tank after my fighter died.
Agrippa is my secret detector and item identifier.
Rosy is my scout and my main offensive caster.
Finna is my healer.
Molly is my locksmith.
Mccauley is my jack of all trades. He is my secondary healer and offensive caster and when he runs out of magic, he is skilled in iron fist.

Found the turtle. Still need swimming to reach it
Also, apparently, casting Knock Knock on perk chests results in a crash.

Thanks, this helps a lot.

Is the manual out yet?

You're not supposed to use knock knock on perk chests, so if that bug gets fixed it'll simply fail in a new version. Save the perk keys.

Have you tried it?

Kill yourself faggot.

what's the matter sape?Evolution left you behind for once?

Everyone who thinks that this game is shilled here is retarded. Some people play it and discuss it. I also haven't spotted anyone who sounds like Cleve or his family In contrary to the last thread. Other than that, Neither Cleve nor his family has the time or the money to shill it here. This shit is usually done by NEETs or third worlders who have been paid with the massive marketing budget Grimoire didn't have.
In other news, I have finally defeated the guardian and found a lot of treasure. That fight was little more taxing than any other turn based battle I have had so far besides Foe in Etririan Odyssey. Now I am investigating the temple baths and I must say the fucking Temple reeks. Blood stains everywhere and traces if a struggle in the corner. Beyond that, I have found a closed gate through which "something" has been dragged. That was Sarah. The motherfuckers have butchered her in the temple bath. Naturally, I have no evidence against the high priest, the person of interest

DONE AT NITE TO YOU
AS A FRANKENSTEIN SLAVE.
PARROTING PUPPET GANGSTER SLAVE,
NOW,
EVEN YOU KNOW
I AM A MENACE
to your world-wide
mad
deadly
COMMUNIST GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD

What's up with all this fucking machismo "hardcore manly" facade cleve puts off?

Is he really insecure?

tell me what ur party consists of pl0x

Did you ever read his story about how he was manipulated into fucking a woman which drove him into an autistic stupor that made it impossible for him to speak with people for years? He’s legitimately insane. He spent 20 fucking years writing a shitty game, for god’s sake.

What are you, some kind of faggot?

Fuck off to tumblr. Cleve is the alpha male we don't deserve.

Maybe you are not sure or just some goon who doesn'T belong here.

Definitely a goon. How many crates of wine have you bought for Lowtax and what do you think about all the heavy drug abuse promoted on SA's drug forum?

somethingsensitive.com/index.php?topic=657.0

It's close to the setup recommended by Cleve's son; Warrior, Warrior Warrior,Berserker, Thief, Cleric, Wizard, Sage.

Fuck off to brokemforum Sape

Nah having strict definitions of manliness is fucking weak.

Being a man and being confident in being a man is what manliness is to me. I'm from a family of mediterraneans and latinos and by many western definitions we're all fuckin gay. Being insecure and judgmental is the least manly thing you can do

My grandad was an italian pastry chef who was the emotional leader of my family and lended his house to homeless young adults (mostly train hoppers) and was kindly all around.

My great uncle got assfucked to death (70s aids) but I've still respect for the man. Sonofabitch was a pioneer in his engineering field.

I just don't get these anglo definitions of manliness. Someone could crossdress and still be quite manly in my eyes.

Just be a good person, try to help others, and don't be a salty cunt.

this isn't a place for a rant, but shit just blows my mind still.

this is true. shills be damned

So your evidence against his own statements are what, exactly?

Yes goyim, you need to be numales and embrace your femininity!

So you come from a family of faggots? How many cocks have you sucked recently?

Autism != insanity. You would know if you are actually using this site.

Hello leftypol

You haven't even played it you cunt. Also both of you type like you don't belong here at all. Hang yourselves.

Maniless is a synonym to masculinity. Obviously it will be subjective to a degree, but certain traits are undeniably masculine unless you're some non-binary living in denial of the facts of biology and nature.

Is this really the best you can do?

Wow it's almost as if you don't understand it because you don't fit in it.

Having a mental illness doesn't automatically make you insane. You are arguing like you don't belong here at all, just stop posting.

Italians are western culture, but they don't abide by anglo/NW european sentiments of this.

I mostly refer to what I'd see as the cold, calculating and distant man presented in much of anglo media as a man's man. Platonic male-on-male touch is looked down upon, it's expected to not be involved with much of your child's emotional development, and these ideas horrify me. All it does is create some bastardized machismo culture that celebrates coldness.

Cleve is pretty far out there with some of his ideas but he isn't insane. If simply not fitting into mainstream perceptions makes you insane then everyone who has ever innovated or changed reality were insane.
You actually have to put forth some examples that could be classified as insanity, which Cleve does not show signs of because hes is actually extremely consistent in his beliefs even if they are exotic or unusual. He simply has aspergers.

I'm Sicilian and I don't feel the same way at all. Honestly, I think your imagining and "Anglo idea of masculinity" that isn't accurate or based in reality because you are bigoted against white people. Could it be that all this goon caterwauling about racists has been projection? Yes. Absolutely. And everyone but you morons can see it.

Autism != Insanity.
Autistic people are not automatically crazy just like cripples are not automatically sick. The APA is also not the best authority on mental ilness. The DSM IV is pretty much garbage, because its not about creating a teological tool for dealing with insanity but about scribbling down a diagnosis insurance companies and research funds are paying serious $$$ for. If you have been using this site for much longer than last Friday, you would have known about what many people know about autism from many cases recorded on some other board. Now get the fuck off and crawl back into your sape hugbox until your cone headed overlord gets angry and cuts wide open in front of the stone snek.

And they extreme fags. Their man look like plastic faglord.

Really nigger? Being a manly man doesn't mean you don't have emotions you cunt. You are looking for excuses so you can feel good about being a sad excuse of a man.

You said you are mixed yourself, and with Latinos, who are notorious for having fake masculinity to the point where they have the term 'machismo'. You are simply projecting onto other racial groups because you don't properly belong in any.
Also Italians may be a bit different than Anglos but they aren't typically faggots like hispanics are.

Oh look, that’s literally the definition of the fucking word.
Not evne remotely valid.

Already proven false.

You're replying to the wrong faggot, faggot.

No one said anything about the ✡DSM✡, though. We’re talking about fact here.
Funny how you all go straight to the part of your manual where you claim the anti-shill is a newfag, huh?
Cry harder, bitch. Pic related.
What in the name of fuck are you even talking about.

And tell me what does the DSM and APA say about trannies that cut off their own dick?

No I'm not you retard.

Did you not read the post or something?

I love how absolutely buttblasted Cleve makes you fuckers, stay mad

Yeah, I'm even worse as a Neapolitan lation-american.

The fuck mate. I say men should feed more into emotion and women more into logic to improve humanity as a whole and I'm deemed antiwhite. I remember reading a study on this back in school about how other ethnic groups try incorporating touch and whatnot

Latinos are shitbags. Mexicans are only good for drinking and beating their wives. Fuckin hate the culture but It's just a declaration of my background. I'm going to culinary arts and hopefully gonna be a decent chef one day, so I hope I'm not a failure.

Maybe my point is moot, but Ive just recently been noticing this giant push for what I feel to be shitty masculine "culture" and it's altogether just gonna turn us all into judgmental pricks calling reasonable acts "unmanly"and oppressing any ideas questioning gender roles or gender in society.

It's a fucking example in that context you dumb cunt, your dictionary "argument" is something only goons and leftykikes use it. If you suffer from Alzheimer or amnesia you're not automatically insane, you might become insane but you're not insane automatically.

How cute, goon got a new maymay

Are you ALL autistic? Is that why you shill for him so hard?

If you aren't quoting from the DSM or APA then what authority are you appealing to, to make your case?

Translation: I want to have carte blanche to be a gigantic fucking fag and still keep my man card
Alternate possible translation: Masculinity is a toxic construct and it needs to change, girl power!

Looks like the first translation was spot on

everyone point and laugh at this faggot and his faggot great uncle

Are you even fucking TRYING? Holy mother of fuck. Learn what truth is.

Holt shit where the fuck do you people come from?
I hope for your sake you were trolling this entire time. Where the fuck do you think you are?

I'm saying that the dictionary argument you use is weak as fuck, goon. Fuck off to brokenforums, they miss your tight asshole.

So how the hell do you avoid running into six Worms right off the bat and having them eat your party?

Then do I have the book for you: archive.is/JC6uJ

I already said you were appealing to authority, but you won't even quote your source you incompetent goon.
Also if you got it from a dictionary than that's even funnier, and would make you even less qualified to use it to make a diagnosis. You're just some butthurt fag on the internet.

And now you're crapshooting, again. I didn't say the dictionary is wrong, but it isn't in your case right at all. But I suppose you think that feminism is about equal shit if you think of the dictionary as a fact. Back to brokenforums, cunt.

The irony is incredible. You do realize they would pronounce people as mentally unfit in 1984 for pretense to lock them up?

It's clear that he never read it.

Now I have dug around more in the crusader temple and learned about a blasphemous monk named Esoph who has unearthed a pagan book from the library and then become a occultist. From Gorl. Also forget about probing the High Priest's mind. He can feel that shit and only becomes more pissed.

This most shit attempt at copying a Holla Forums meme I have ever seen.

SA, RPG codex and Broken Forum and some of them are from the usenet. They are left wing shitholes who got BTFO by the release of a game over which failure they have been obsessed with for over 20 years. On top of that comes that Cleve is right wing as fuck. They also shit themselves over his assburger theory about lost races of man like Boskops.

No, asshole. Scroll up and re-read what you wrote. You described an "anglo idea of masculinity" that exists nowhere but inside your head and then you said that it "horrifies" you.

Oh no I know where they come from. It just astounds me that they think they can blend in.

If you're talking about Argosyre, I think he can be bribed into giving up what he knows about scandal. I'm currently grinding and saving up to see how much it takes.

Wew, Lil' Rosy really and truly is OP.

Also, thanks for the tip about the shrine, I was wondering what that was for with my last party.

NPCs are better then you, if you really wanted to you could go full NPC party picking up new ones as time goes by. Gorlo may or may not be recruitable, I'm not doing an NPC party first time through.

What? The game just updated and now it wont start. Send help?

Don't update your game, stick to the same version you've been playing.

Cleve decided mankind is still too unenlightened to appreciate his magnum opus.

Eh? Didnt he released the gamr without bugs?
Linux version when?

Noted, yeah I can see it making it too cruise control easy.

Yep. It's broken.

Full broken or not loading saves?

should i just play wizardry 8 instead? i played this for a bit and i don't like the limited movement that much.

You won't like any of the wizardry games if you don't like this. Wizardry 8 is only slightly better but it's still more or less the same.

What happens if you get diseased? Does your character die from it, or is it just a minor debuff?

ah ok. i'll just stick to W8 then

Refusing to launch. Happened as soon as I downloaded the update after seeing user's post. My guess is a lot of people are about to be complaining in the forum. Looks like you can rollback to release version but that won't launch either.

just ask gorlo. he'll tell you

These are the same people who constantly preach "death of the author" to shove in their interpretations of everything that just so happen to be filled with propaganda by the way.

From Steam forum:

Go into the path above, create a "Grimoire" folder and copy the above files into it. It will run just fine.

I did but I think Argosyre may tell you how to get into the cenotaph.

BTW, kind of a dumb question, but how do you give items to npcs to complete a quest?
I know the guard captain wants the necrostaff and smithers wants his fathers letter of marque

Delete all the animes nerd! Real communism has never been tried, you trash garbage pissbaby human! Yonold Groumphf mr TWO SCOOPS btfo!

Nevermind just figured it out, you drop the item on the npc.

PSA
1.2.0.8 update now
1.2.0.7 saves are kill
1.2.0.5 and earlier are revive
1.2.0.8 is slightly broken in that you need to manually create directory C:/users/[user]/AppData/Local/GRIMOIRE to get it to boot

o-okay

Time to make a new party again.

Mostly negative here we come.

Your character dies from it over time. They can get max paralysis, irritation, blindness etc that isn't removed until the disease is cured. In Briarpatch woods you can either eat an apple from the bush near the chest or use the sparkly pool in the hidden part of the shrine of the raptor.

I think Cleve's decision to make NPCs overpowered was really stupid. Everything in this game either feels like you're cheating if it's an effective strategy (fucking bards and charm spells) or you get your ass reamed and you have to grind a bunch if it isn't.

One thing that's disheartening is that there are people who actually think this game is being shilled. It's a one man operation with no marketing budget. The whole thing is a spectacle with a 20 year buildup and Cleve is like 24/7. If anything, this game gets anti-shills from butthurt brokenforum trannies. This release poked a hole in the egos of a bunch of 30-something forum whores and sexual deviants (mostly goons) whose default state of mind is "I'm better than you" and their salt is just overflowing. Cleve literally has a forum of people who do nothing but stalk him now. That's a cut above the normal speculation and rumormongering and e-celeb shit.

So v hivemind decided this game is not pile of shit, because author is autistic and hates kikes? Makes sence.

Jesus christ this is the lowest energy yet.

Is this what people who aren't versed in esoteric Cleveism actually think?

Here's some Cleve lore to help you better understand the situation.

Just by reading the first few paragraphs I can understand why this guy is getting so much attention, thank you for this user, this is going to be an enjoying read.

Feels like it's just being heavily shilled.

It's a game that's been delayed for over 20 years by a heavily autistic australian shitposter. Are you really going to say it's not worth having a general over?

Has anyone found the second entrance to the tomb of saint george?
journal is telling me to go to the NW corner of the garden but the only entrance there is the Liches cenotaph
Am I just being stupid and missing the obvious?

It just seemed like an ironic meme to me, not a game people were actually interested in.

If I start in the Prison, should I try to escape through the Garrison ladder or through the chains? It takes me like 20 minutes to kill a 3 guard spawn, and that assumes I get lucky with spells and shit.

Just learned this: you also need to move the RPG100.lib file over to the new Grimoire folder.

You really think people here wouldnt be interested in an actual old school dungeon crawler?

Holy shit, he's a real lunatic, more insane than any sovereign citizen I have seen, more autistic than the flat earthers. When he dies his brain needs to be preserved and studied.

There's no way to get into the village from the Garrison map, use the Armory "Emergency Access" ladder, it's the only choice.

Races with spell-like powers help a lot vs guards.

If you have dancing lights it will cripple the guards.

If it were ironic it would have much less content. And this is is pretty authentic to its genre. If you have any actual criticism you should probably bring that up instead.

I've taken a quick scan through the game and there's practically no context for fucking anything. Has there been any knowledgebase established yet or it's just a basic "jump in the water and sink or swim, and hope the insane autism doesn't lose you"
reminds me a lot of Albion tbh

Can cleve like, not break saves every update?

I like the chaotic sense of not knowing everything. Makes it more fun.

That would require playing the game for a bit and his processor can only handle light shitposting.

And we all know Cleveland Steamer forged this game in a custom made heavy shitposting engine

I'm pretty sure the statistic information here is either dated or incorrect.

My highest MP caster is my cleric, who does indeed have the most devotion (66), but my lowest MP by a large margin is my wizard with 60 devotion. My thaumaturge has almost the same MP as the cleric with 50 devotion.

I don't know what to think of MET as metabolism because my low metabolism characters recover from rest much faster than my high metabolism characters. I'm constantly casting refresh on my high metabolism characters just to keep them caught up with the group, because I noticed that the lower vitality is when you rest, the slower it raises. If low metabolism is indeed beneficial to characters, then raising it is actually detrimental.

I'm under the impression that vitality regen rates vary between classes (like MP regen) in a way that coincidentally lines up with metabolism for most people. I think the same applies to mana pools and devotion.

I could also just be completely wrong due to the nature of rolls when leveling up, but I figured after almost leveling to 10 that I'd start seeing consistency.

Once the manual is complete that should help illuminate some things, but for the most part discovering how to do things is half the fun.

anyone figured out how to get across samhain gorge?
I've got the stepping stones

If Cleve were smart he'd let the community try and solve the riddles and not release a manual until most of the game was beat. A big part of vidya that I miss was talking to friends about shit I found out on a game and being a badass god for getting past a particularly tough level in a game or finding a secret.

It's really stupid.
drag the Stepping Stone to the Use button, the other way around doesn't work

So this is actually worth buying? What do the people who grew up on M&M and Wizardry say?

That IS really stupid, would never have figured that out in a month
I was about to go back to the starting garden because there was a cliff and try them there.

How much roleplayan elements this game has?
Is it just a preset story you go forwards through dozens of dungeons with choices mostly being limited as to whether to use Iron Sword+1 or Steel Sword etc?

And how "optimized" it is for modern PC's? resolution etc…

I think you are confusing a manual with a guide

No one wants to play your game Cleve, it was just a meme.

About as many as Wizardry 7 did as far as I can tell, in that it's mostly about figuring out cryptic bullshit on your own and the rest is dungeoncrawling to find items and information to advance the quests/story. I guess you can murder the NPCs if you want. I'm not that far in though since I had to restart my file.

It's still very rough around the edges, but Wizardry 7 is one of my all-time favorites and I'm loving it. I'd say it's worth a buy once some of the buggier elements have been ironed out, like Cleve breaking the saves every goddamned update.

How much roleplayan elements this game has?
Is it just a preset story you go forwards through dozens of dungeons with choices mostly being limited as to whether to use Iron Sword+1 or Steel Sword etc?

And how "optimized" it is for modern PC's? resolution etc…

So what? Just because someone hates reddit doesn't make them good. A lot of faggots hate reddit. I bet Cleve doesn't like eating shit, suddenly his game must be a masterpiece.

Also:
Hi Cleve.

Cleve, just fucking stop. And your samefagging bullshit is really sad.

I was saying go back to reddit.

Sorry, I've never made an account there so I really can't go back.
pic related

Wow, these people really do have the shittiest taste.

Also nice goon tactic to highlight someones post count as if it is an argument.
You don't even slightly fit in. Keep it up you dumb cow.

Hi Cleve. I wonder what your actual count would be if you weren't samefagging.

Is Cleve the new Hitler for you golems?

You are samefagging, aren't you?
This is you isn't it?

He is the adonis of game devs.
nothing can surpass his perfect greek sculpture of a body

Nope, cute projecting though. Just a random user having some lulz at cleve and his autist colony that bought his memes. Apparently it's so outlandish to mock things here, I must not be fitting in. Give it up Cleve. You're a meme.

This is you too isn't it, samefag?

What did he mean by this?

You know what, you faggots what to defend this so hard and pretend I'm a goon, be my guest. I was stopping in for some lulz but apparently Grimoire is dead serious business.

How do you do, fellow kids?

all me

>>>Holla Forums

>>>/cuckshed/

Amazing how one Neanderthal is able to assblast so many goons and shills. He did it before he released his game and he does it after. It's beautiful

I agree, we rarely get the chance to look at a perfectly preserved neanderthal brain.

So i finished aquavia, looked around all of crowl that i could, but now i dont know where to go. What do i do?

If you finished Aquavia then Cenotaph of the Black Lich is next. You did clear the Catacombs earlier too, I hope.

Masculinity is toxic, don't ya know. :^)

Where is the key for the black lich door? what catacombs?

In the Catacombs, which are accessible through a locked door in the Crusader Temple. The item is on the skeleton of the Bishop.

Proves you haven't been there. Although it seems to have some Hillery voters, much of its surprisingly based in spite of being a (((forum))). Also aside from a few obsessed tards, most of it had eaten crow when INCLINE happened.

What do i do with the keeper of the mystery ghost thing?

Well it's released now, so if you wanna laugh at Cleve go ahead. I still want to talk about the game.
Also to anyone confused about the ghost the password can be found where the pond is just before the first wall switch. Since you can only use one word it's pretty obvious what it is.

Anyone having problems with the mouse acting fucky? It will be fine then start moving all over the place in directions I never intended.

Shrine of Subterrania or whatever it is at the bottom of the Shrine of the Raptor has a magical pond of sorts that when walked on - produces sounds and lights, what does it do? Anyone figure that out?

yeah, mouse lag - isn't game breaking so I don't really care at this point - but it is annoying at times.

Yes it happens during certain sequences when text comes up usually when an NPC leaves, it's the mouse lagging behind you.

Cures ailments and it's safe to rest there. Or it was for me, can be annoying at times.

back to leftycringe you retarded newfag

Hate to ask but anyone have 1.2.0.8? is this it?

The latest version is in the google drive link here

Quick question. Does this game allow custom portraits?

No.

dat fanny pouch

the keyword is found on an inscription in a pool

He's in perfect shape for a neanderthal.

I mean I've never seen someone wear one so well.

Sorry, I had a moment of temporary dyslexia and thought you said dan fatty pouch.

Running a local copy not in the steam directory without steam running seems to work. I guess there isnt any drm on it.

Yeah he made it DRM free
Also there seems to be a new update.

New update breaks my saves, so im gonna play it on 1.2.0.7 for now.

Holy shit. Why are there 6 different armor ratings?

Get in the bog faggot.

Is this game insanely hard or am I just bad? After wiping twice to the bugs in the first town, I FINALLY won a battle against a single giant bat. Took me 20 minutes, but I did it. Are these tears from joy or frustration?

Artist needs to fucking learn how to draw.

Are you playing an old version?
Also characters you made with roll high rolls and have all their binus points dumped into attributes do great.
Also you should have two racially appropriate warriors be in front at all times.
Also yes the game is insanely hard.

Whoops post micro-issue
*with high rolls and have all their bonus points dumped into attributes do great.

Using version 1.2.0.7
Have two drakonid warriors in front and almost every attack 'Doesn't penetrate'. Only real reason I won the fight against the bat was Bard's sleep.

Start in the shrine, the enemies there are appropirate for level 1s. Good luck getting past the bandits though.

This early on your casters will do the majority of the work on enemies that have relative or greater power than your party.

And around level 4 fighters do most of the damage and the casters just kinda look pretty, except for the cleric.

Thanks. I'm glad it's not 'press x to win' levels of easy. Three dudes with clubs bashing on a sleeping bat over and over and doing no damage was a bit much but I guess that's what I get for making my wizard hide every round.

What the fuck. Use everything you have or you cant do shit in dungeon crawlers. The game gets brutally hard later.

You two are shooting yourselves in the foot playing 1.2.0.7, the update beyond .7 is NOT compatible with .7 saves, 1.2.0.5 and lower only.

Yeah, i know, but im too far in with my save to just restart.

I just started playing, but I'll use this version to experiment and learn a bit until next patch and then start over.

I hurt myself today, that old familiar sting

Massive incline when you Neanderthalian faggot?

man, I'll have to wait for a bigger sale. I'm sure there's enough content and good stuff to warrant it, but it's still a steep price.

I can kind of understand why he would hide though, since in this game there is no plunking your 3hp aeorb sage in the back row to be safe from enemy melee attacks. Rng bullshit happens and having a really high hide skill could cut down on the chance of an instagib. It's not like magic functions like weaponskills, where you can raise it through constant use.

How do I get into the catacombs?

Actually
has Cleve said how he feels about pirating?

If he's cool with it I'll pirate it and get it when it's in the $10-15 dollar range seeing as I don't have much money for pleasantries. I do really want to play this thought.

The truly sad part is that you're technically correct.

Reddit confirmed to be decline agents

Well he's had a massive rant about pirates on the steam forum and is planning to introduce his own form of DRM in a future update.

Cleve has specifically said the game will never be on sale again after this week.

Titanfall 2 isn't really that bad, it's not mind blowing but there's no DLC shilling, multiplayer has movement mechanics like strafejumping that let you move fast, etc. The only real issue is it's on Origin.

Anyone else notice that the goons only shut up when we have reached or nearly reached bump limit.

Yeah.

I can only imagine what he has in mind.

Another 20 years to create a drm that will surpass denuvo.

oh shit piracy is finished

There goes all interest I had in this game. What a shame.

Also thanks to Cleave's fuckery with saves, score now back to "mixed".

I would more be worried about issue with saves, rather than drm. Although on the other hand i know a lot of unpopular games pirates just refused to crack.

He can make a drm that screws you over after 70 hours available in super demo. Like with invincible boss or something. When full version content actually begins. And nobody would check, except those few autists who standed 70 hours in drm locked version.

Do you know how to read? He said he's Italian you fucking trog.

Fuggggg

Or are you joking that all italians are racemixed mongrels

This is only pushing me further away.

user I think you are confused, I hope you aren't retarded enough for this to be anything but a shitty meme post.

Take your own advice nigger.

Coming from cleve I dont know what to expect, he might be joking or he might legit be thinking "I gave those filthy pirates a glimpse of paradise". And then if he was serious about the DRM it would probably take him forever to make it. Ill keep an eye on it and drop it if he adds DRM

I just wish refunds weren't so shit so I could actually get one if I bought the game and the DRM is finished 2 years later.

Wew, I knew this ride wasn't over.

Now that I think about it, has anyone retroactively added DRM?

if anything they've been removing it lately. If you think Cleve will A) add DRM anytime soon and B) actually create something that isn't busted within hours by an equally autistic group of nerds, I've got a bridge over a chasm I want to sell you

I'm just trying to figure out if this would set a precedent. I wonder if Valve would even let it fly if he was serious. About the closest I can think are those EA games that got ads added into them after release.

Am I missing something about getting into Samhain? I've checked the NW corner of the gardens multiple times but I can't seem to find the stairs, even with looking around and detect secrets on.

how the heck do I drop something? I've been fiddling with Cleve's bastard interface and can't figure it out

nigga should have made the buy/sell/recruit stuff less obtuse too

Pirates are fucked now.

It's hard to see because it blends in but on the right side of the inventory UI, there's a blank spot that represents the ground. Just move items to that slot.

thanks user

I think I'll be restarting since the latest edition busts my save so I'll do a couple of things differently.

Yes, yes I have.

just went through the aquavia causeway, killed shiva got the deathmask and got the seal of the king, there is a sealed gate just before shiva that has a giant lever in front of it(apprently this secret room smells of medical supplies), cant be moved - haven't killed the rock eating snek yet, how do i open that damn gate to get the treasure chest?

Go up to Aquavia, kill the sneak, enter the room behind the sneak, turn the dials according to the poem about Sun, Moon and Star you found in Aquavia Causeway and then you'll be able to turn the switch.

Many thanks!
Game is fucking sweet!

What am I supposed to do with the Kings Seal again?
I finally got back to where O was with my last save and now I'm not sure if I'm done with aquavia now
Both floors say 88% explored.

Bump your swimming to eleven for each party member, this is mandatory. Also Aquavia's maps have water tiles you have to physically cross the tiles for those to count.

Used in Cenotaph of the Black Lich. Not the entrance door, but much deeper. Try presenting it to Smithers, or just drag it over Search for a related hint.

Thanks, I haven't gotten there yet for this save, so I'm glad I'm atleast done with Aquavia.

I was going to do that at some point but none of my members are even past level 1 yet.

There is a boat you can use, if you can find it.

Bought this with crypto gains to dab on the haters.

Is anyone else having a problem with overwriting saves?

This is a known issue with 1.2.0.9. Supposedly fixed in 1.2.0.12.

any word on 1.2.0.12's release? tomorrow?

Yeah it's working now. I had to uninstall/reinstall. Guess he stopped having it auto-update. Probably a good idea. Goons are having a field day with this.

So, apparently some pirated versions have viruses, and even saves shared on steam have them:
steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615864724993/

not sure how you could have a field day with a guy that is patching it constantly and doing his best to make it work the way we all want it to

yeah it fucking sucks that it breaks saves but I can hold off playing for a bit if I can get a version thats functional and maybe isn't broken with every single update

TWENTY-FOUR YEARS

I seriously would shit on grimoire if not soros comments. Just because this guy is politically incorrect makes me hold my tongue.

I guess his power level is pretty low after all.

Maybe he should focus on making a functional game instead of crying about pirates?

It really wasn't that bad until the save-destroying updates and that is really due to Cleve's hastiness. He should use some of that money he made to hire testers to help him.

the fact it's even out is a miracle unto itself, user. I can wait a bit longer

The pirates fucked with the save file and it has borked something? I'll stick with 1.0 for the free sample.

The release version is pretty stable and so are fresh installs of the latest version I suppose.

(((pirates)))

1.2.0.1 seems like a solid choice instead.

This is the DRM isn't it? Whelp any and all improper modifications to the program will trigger it, and he did say you can't use newer versions anymore. I warned you fucks not to update.

A ?PIRATE? sent him infected save file apparently. Something tells me a goon tried to break into his pc.

Not even hiding it, kek.

Looks like its not so easy to shitpost about being an ubermensch when everyone knows you cant even make a functional game.

Except it is functional, only Anons like me who stubbornly refuse to update past the version they're playing are having any problems and of those they're all rare pr triggered under specific circumstances.

updating is breaking saves. that's the opposite of functional.

And he went right back and changed the directory to where it originally was. Just don't update it every time and it's fine.

I still have no idea how to enter the catacombs behind the sacred pools. Can anyone give me a hint?

Elaborated guess: Wangblows was somehow puking on the C file manipulation orders, because Grimoire has no rights in the system folders. There is a huge chance that I am wrong. So take my guess with a pack of salt!

Easy. Those aren't the Catacombs. Go up and try a different ladder.

you won't get past that gate for a long time

Look, a positive review from Rock Paper fellate a Shotgun:
archive.fo/Qo3Pt

This wasp in the eyrie is kickingmy ass with its instant death. Im only level 5 and its throwing instant death shit at me.

Is there any way to recharge the necrostaff?
Its a great stave but after 3 uses its kaput
I don't want to be lugging it around waiting for the right time to use it.
also is there an actual crafting purpose for those cobalt sapphires?

Yes.
No.

Okay, thanks for letting me know the sapphires are vendor trash. Will you tell me the way to recharge the staff?

High-level spell called Recharge, applies to any items that have charges.

Awesome

So I just switched from fullscreen to windowed and now it's all black and I cant even see what I'm doing to switch it back to fullscreen and continue playing? Any way to navigate menu with keyboard? I think I'm starting to get sick of this buggy mess.

Delete the config file and restart the game.
If you turned screen stretching on than fullscreen won't work.

That did it thanks.
Fuck, I pour my beer and sit down to play then my beer gets warm while I search around for a fix for this bullshit. This game would be so comfy if it worked.

here's another question, is there a way to split a stack of arrows or throwing knives?
current pile is a bit too heavy.

No, unfortunately.

Why do naga suck so much? They only get speed and agi.

Naga are one of the races that have restricted gear allowance, and only certain classes are good for them. Speed is the number one most important stat in the game.

They don't make great wizards or spellcasters on account of low WIS and WIL though, and thieves/pirates/assassins can't do nearly as much with speed.

Where can I find a true knight to decode the catechism?

Sir Coffergus will gladly translate it for you.

Is there really 600 hours of content? It may be my sapebrane but I've played about 4 hours and just can't imagine it being that long.

One last question, was I retarded in selling the perk keys? Are no more going to drop and I now have to start the game over if I want to open those chests?

I imagine at about hour 60 or so levels wont matter anymore. I can totally believe there is 600 hours though.

Has anyone got this game running in through Wine yet. I get a sound.cpp file when I start up the game. I think it's a MIDI error or something, but I'm not sure.

I'm done being surprised. I didn't expect it to actually release. I didn't expect it to actually be good. I didn't expect it to be the only thing I've done with my free time all week.

They are fantastic Warriors at a high level.
In all the fights I have my third warrior, which is a naga does more melee damage than the two giant warriors i have for tanks combined.

Here is a linux guide.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1102734940

I should add that if you.pirated it, you'd obviously skip the installing steam step.

Thanks, got it working flawlessly. I think I was missing the directmusic package in wine.

Guys, I just figured out something, I don't know If its retarded or I'm retarded.
If you drag an item over to the "look" button it will give you the stats.

Fuck, really? We need that manual so we can see all the little nuances like that.

rather drag it over look to give you description, assay for stats.

I was wondering how i was supposed to know what items stats are. Thats good to know.

I was depending on Improved identify, which gives you a journal entry on an item. Really useful for quest items.

If anyone needs the answer to get into the cage in the samhain underworld, Its a pain in the ass to get, requires ancient history I think.
its…
moon moon fire fish fire fish man

Monsters later in the game will attack you 11+ times, being able to act first is a matter of life and death. It is the most important stat.

This game is 10/10 for me, have not had this much fun in a long, long time.

I pirated, now I'm buying it!

Where are the stepping stones? Ive finished the cenotaph, the raptor grotto, and the eyrie. Where are they?

In Cthulhu's anus, aka the mines past hobknob

I really enjoyed the game up until I defeated the horror and traveled through the Vault of the Exemplar.

The levels don't feel as well-built, not the ones I've been to at least. There are tons of pointless areas and most of the rooms are just boring and empty. I hope it's just the current areas I'm in. I was having a lot of fun.

I couldn't figure out how to help the dragon in captivity. I assume I come back later.

so whats the word on the latest version, is it safe? Is it safe? Or have the goons and leftypol types thrown a temporary wrench into Cleve's cogs with his compromised files

It appears to be so but it might be him being a drama queen.

It also appears that some of the people here are pissed off that the man doesn't want people to play his game for free and went on his usual autistimal ranting self about it.

It's probably the most stable version so far.

Best version so far.

I don't even know what to do now.

Please tell me you keep multiple saves.

I sat on it for 10 hours thanks to dialogs, flavor text and tough battles, I am still in this crime ridden shit hole called Crowl. I think you can have 150 hours more if you do something assburger like dragging all items to a shrine to fill your questlog with item descriptions.

Identifying it "again" has the same effect.

Same. Cleve will get the full price from me and Grimoire a place in my 3x3.

Of course I do, but I'm more wondering if the game checks hits against TAC to determine if the attack hit or not, or it picks a zone and then makes a check against picked zone's AC.

I savescum a mind read scroll, so i don't have to play the guessing game of all the dialogue.

Also if anyone is stuck with Junga Din here.
*Junga Din
- Goblet
- Samhain
- hobknob
- spider
- chasm
- Tome of the Spider (in full)

I found a banjo that casts Tarentella when played. Anyone know what that does?

Makes em dance I think

Guess I can just try it out and see.

Can anyone tell me why certain characters won't be revived by the caduceus of life?

I heard that each time resurrection is cast, the character who is ressurected loses 10 con. Use Raise Dead instead.

Thats why i just reload when a character dies, 10 con is too much.

Is the newest version out yet? I keep running into crashes.

Fuck me, I had no idea. going to test if that's true.

I don't think it's the Caddaceus that does that, but some other form of ressurection.

After a few saves and reloads it eventually worked. Wonder if it's a bug.

Some races are immune to resurrection like the Undead. And why has nobody made a new thread yet? Do you fucks not know the rules?

New thread