Legend of Zalgo: Breasts in the Wind

The very first thing I did after finishing the mandatory tutorial was go to Gerudo and get the trap outfit.

Am I playing the game right?

The order is unimportant. You can run the major parts of the quest in any order you want.

I'm playing on European Extreme mode, so I literally can't. Every single one of my weapons would break before I can put a dent in any enemy outside of my tiny damage range.

It's only a matter of time

BotW was an exceedingly mediocre game.

That's giving it more credit than it deserves. It was a dull Skyrim with Zelda characters.

I enjoyed it, but I agree it could've been better.

Realtalk, should I stop playing in Master mode?

I do fuck-all damage against enemies and it just makes it un-fun.

Probably. The core design of weapon durability isn't even really that great because enemies have massively inflated HP pools. The only interesting aspect of weapon durability is a very light amount of decision making when it comes to what to pick up and what to use, but what you'll feel the most is that it effectively limits what you can (reasonably) do in the early game, and then in the late game it's something to be entirely ignored because everything comes with Durability+.

when people say Dragon's Dogma is Japanese Skyrim, i show them this game

Probably. I never played in master mode (because I beat the game before master mode launched), but even normal mode in late-game the enemies are terrible damage-sponges. The Leunen in general (Lynel in English, I think?) you'll spend like 15 to 20 minutes just hacking at if you don't have a strong two-handed weapon to spin at them (in which case you can murder them in 30 seconds flat). If you don't have the right things in your inventory, you can easily break 3 to 5 weapons on them alone. Even more in some cases.

The game goes into easy mode once you get your shield parry down. Even the guardians (especially the guardians, really) go down in no time or effort when you get the timing down.

I know I can't stop you from posting but could you at least try to sound like your over 18?

From what I've heard, Master Mode isn't a "git gud" thing, it's a "enemies just last twice as long for more artificial padding spent hacking at mobs" thing.

There's really not much to get good at in Breath of the Wild. Despite its attempt at being harsh, it's absurdly forgiving. It's like Zelda's first attempt at RPGs and, unsurprisingly, stat inflation becomes a huge issue.

Kill yourself, tranny.

Kill yourself, horsefucker.

No, you're supposed to go to the Sheikah village so you can lovingly bully Paya. Though the game's structured that you can do what you want how you want, even if they try to present a clear order for how you're supposed to take on the Divine Beasts; the Zora one is the first one they point you to, has the easiest entry, and has the easiest dungeon and boss, for instance.

I'm tired of this shitty fucking board and the same threads for the same fucking open world wasteland simulator everyday. Eat a fucking mouthful of bullets.

You guys sound a little upset.

Notice they throw tantrums about BOTW but they're nowhere to be seen when some other recent game has recurring threads. Nevermind that the absolutely glowing opinions that don't talk about anything in specific stick out like a sore thumb and prevailing opinion seems to be it's alright, but not really Zelda and has lots of room for improvement.

It's a completely new direction for a game that has been the same for the past 30 years, of course it's not perfect. But it's still damn good.

Are you looking at my IP history or something sherlock? Because you are talking out of your ass.

Almost like this game in particular is bad. Though
The fuck are you talking about? Grimoir had about 20 faggots saying OP was a shill.
I guess when OP makes the same thread every day people get sick of bringing up the same facts every day. I know every time I try it just turns into a backtrack fest with a shitload of damage control and goalpost moving. End of the day the game is incredibly shallow and mediocre with game breaking design flaws all over the place.

If it wanted to be any good it shouldn't have been a Zelda game. AAA companies are shit at letting new IP's through and Nintendo is the king of this. The game is by no means good though unless you're into shallow gameplay.

The problem is a lot of the "completely new direction" was arbitrarily stepping away from the core of what made Zelda great. I appreciate their self-fellating over how Zelda is such an exploratory adventure game (which is great since SS and ALBW had a severe lack of exploration and adventure), but an immense part of it was also a labyrinthine underworld, which is generally where shit got real. Turtle Rock in ALttP vs. Turtle Rock in ALBW, basically - and they continued to trend towards small unmemorable gimmicks for "dungeons".

Their obsession with making a uselessly large overworld caused them to miss the forest for the trees. The worst part is much of the overworld map having references to various bits of Zelda lore but being nothing more than references.

By trying to reimagine Zelda to avoid the backlash caused by TP and SS, they forgot the heart of what made Zelda amazing in the first place. It wasn't just an expansive overworld; I could play Minecraft for that.

I dunno, I'd say the comparison with GTA is pretty apt.

Guys, I don't want to come across as a nintendo apologist, I'm just a consumer whore.

BOTW is subpar in most ways, yes, but it's kind of a jack-of-all-trades master-of-none game so that's fine.

How playable is the game in cemu now? Do I need to do a lot of setting changes to the emulator or will it pretty much work out of the box?

TP was much better than BOTW though. Despite being an OOT retread, it still brought more memorable new mechanics and locations to the table than BOTW does. Link has some amazing sword moves, fully developed horseback combat, double clawshots, a sniper bow and the power to turn into a wolf, he gets to explore lifelike environments, fight a yeti, have a John Wayne shootout in a deserted town, visit Cloud City, kick the piss out of Zant in a trippy alternate dimension, and finally conclude with an amazing Ganon battle. BOTW gives us weapons made out of plastic and the Sheikah Slate powers and sends us out to find…almost no decent music, a bunch of samey enemies to kill, a bunch of samey mini-dungeons and a bunch of samey, underdeveloped regular dungeons with interesting mechanics that never got used to their full potential, and a completely underwhelming final battle in desperate need of a Megazord. And almost every other game released in the last ten years has almost every single one of the same problems.

Come to think of it, describing BOTW's weapons as made of plastic is probably being unfair to plastic. The most common plastics are commodity plastics that fall apart easily, but engineering plastics can be quite durable. A better description of what BOTW's weapons are made of would probably be something along the lines of "cardboard, glue, spit and wishes."

Runs pretty solidly, biggest problem is ram drain on nvidia. If you have 16gigs of ram you should be fine but if you're a cheap bastard like me and only have 8 you can check YouTube for settings and configs to help limit the memory bleed.

Note that I wasn't actually saying TP was bad. It just caused a huge backlash. At the time, TP had what seemed to be monumental slights against the premise of Zelda, but now that the name has been sullied further it matters less. Primary issues with TP are founded in how it's very much an experience on rails from start to finish - even OoT which is rather non-linear at least offers a semblance of the ability to freely explore the world. TP actively blocks you off from parts of Hyrule Field until you've advanced the plot to when you need to go there. It opens up towards the latter half of the game, but at that point the impression has been made…

Additionally, I would argue that TP is where the quality of dungeon design really began to decline in the Zelda series. Admittedly, I don't remember those dungeons as well as I do others, but part of that is in how unmemorable they were. On a personal level, I intensely disliked Twilight Princess because its gimmick was slowing the player down as much as possible at every possible turn - in order by dungeon; climbing vines was slow, fucking why would you do magnetic boots so slow, who the fuck likes water anyway, sand, snow, COMMAND SONG THE DUNGEON, wind (the only reasonable one), annnd the game's over. unless I forgot some dungeons, which wouldn't surprise me, but I'm sure they have gimmicks to make you move slowly too.

After this they really started going with the dungeon design of being a straight path with no challenges. ALttP Turtle Rock vs. ALBW Turtle Rock. Most likely, we'll never see a beautiful labyrinth like the Grand Palace in a Zelda game ever again.

Neat, thanks. Should I expect the controls to be shit if I play with a DS3 or an Xbox controller, or should I use KB+M?

You can map your own input settings. It's pretty self explanatory, works like a charm with the 360 controller. Be aware that unless you download a shader cache (there's a subreddit dedicated to them) your first hour is going to have a lot of slowdowns, but they will more or less subside after that.

I wasn't looking for a good game, m8, just a time consuming one.

BOTW is seriously flawed and I don't always enjoy it, but it keeps me busy.

I prefer Sokoban-esque puzzles to Labyrinths, personally.

I sunk a shitton of hours into BOTW and enjoyed every second of it. It's not the best zelda, it might not even be a good zelda depending on your autism about what makes a zelda game, but by god it's one of the best open world games I've ever played. The reason I kept playing was I wanted to see more of the world. Around every corner, down every path, up every mountain was something to do or something to kill or something cool to look at. I found myself playing for the sake of the scenery. I didn't use fast travel until 40 hours into the game because I enjoyed riding my horse everywhere admiring the environment. It's magnificent. And the physics-based gameplay tops it off, it keeps fights interesting if you want to challenge yourself or do something stupid/funny.

The problem with Zelda is that these games have a history of being next-level quality that other games simply cannot compare to, so autismos who do nothing but play games hold them to a higher standard and act like it's a literal pile of shit stamped into the shape of a game if it's not up to previous zelda standards, even though it's a lot fucking better than most everything else we've gotten since the last zelda.

when did great fairies become jews?

You could have posted some breasts you know

So how do I get to this shrine? It's surrounded by thorns.

Fire burns things

BURN EVERYTHING

Stop attacking enemies head on dummy

Start using flurries and Parries.
They have dobson tier inflated defense when you just smack them.

I tried that, but it didn't work. I guess I'll just jump to it from here.

That also works.
Make sure you have plenty of Green slurp

And here's more advice
Around the Ocean town you can cut the grass for hearty lizards and Restless crickets
Those are essentially the only critters you'll ever need
Throw a Hearty Lizard and a bokoblin fang in any pot and you have a full heal potion.
Yes, only one.

Thanks. Do you know if there's any way to repair a weapon or prolong its durability? I go through weapons very quickly. Also, where do you get the best horses? Are they just random, or does horse quality vary by region? In this jungle area, I found this Lynel atop a mountain, but I couldn't fight him because of constant lightning. Is there a way around that?

Notice how there's a really long squigly path through the water from a goblin camp with a campfire and a torch? Take the fire with the torch and walk it to the brambles.

Amiibos :^)

No you can't repair weapons, but if you have at least a 20 damage bow, you can usually knock the weapons out of the enemies, and parrying with a shield can knock weapons out of enemies hands.
Unless they're Lynels.
You can't disarm lynels.
And horses are randomized and there are a FEW rarely that have higher HP/STA than epona.

Finished all sword trials on master mode, did the 120 shrines and killed Ganon… can't get arsed to upgrade all armor sets and find the other 600 kuroks

Ah, makes me remember the hype threads when the game was revealed

I pirated this game on WiiU when it came out. I decided I would find a tunic and wear it all the way through because why not. I then found out you had to beat all 120 shrines to get a tunic unless you spent shekels on a Nintendo™ Amiibo®. I would only have the 4 dungeons and Hyrule Castle left but I went on finding the shrines and I discovered that there are 3 shrines you cannot finish unless you complete the Gerudo, Zora, and Rito Dungeons. All I had left after that was the Goron dungeon and Hyrule Castle.

It was really shallow and I feel bad for any suckers who paid the full price and then paid extra money just to unlock the harder difficulty, especially if they bought a Switch specifically for it.