Was always interested in the GPD but am completely turned off by Windows 10...

Was always interested in the GPD but am completely turned off by Windows 10, is there something similar that runs windows 7? I looked into getting windows 7 on this, but there's no drivers for it. Do they still make the Nvidia sheild? Do the specs even compare to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2015/08/windows-spying-on-you.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For such a touchscreen oriented device win10 is necessary.
win7 will be awful on it.

Reminder you literally have to pay to watch ads in Windows 10.

And eventually no new hardware will support 7 and you'll be stuck with 10 or worse. Install Gentoo.

So if I don't pay, I don't have to watch ads?

windows 7 is still 30% of the userbase and windows 10 has nothing for users to shift to it

if you don't pay you don't even get told that you're being served ads.

Fuck, I want to get it for my brother but I wouldn't feel good about letting him use windows 10. Even with all the de-botnetting tools out their, that shit's hardcoded and there's no way to get rid of it.

Well I don't play modern games and I don't plan on moving to windows 10 even if there is a game I want to play.

lel it's too bad Linux and ReactOS won't take off anytime soon. If I was a millionaire I'd create the best OS for free among other things.

Had one of these pieces of shit. Build quality is shit, thing heats up fucking quickly to the point of being really uncomfortable to hold, the gooks decided that gpd owners are retards and blocked the ability to fuck with bios in later revisions. Not to even mention that the original models have a defect that makes 3d games impossible to play.

DRAGONBOX PYRA

Sponsored content paid for by Michael Mrozek:^)

Can you put loonix on one of these?

Any good place to buy these for under 400?

Nigger, Linux has had billions of dollars poured into its development by IBM, Microsoft, Red Hat, Oracle, Google, and Facebook, among literally hundreds of other companies. If you were only a millionaire, you'd be able to commission a hobbled-down broken OS that wouldn't be able to do much of anything, especially play games, and wouldn't have any software available for it. It would also take a decade to get to even that point.

Now, if you were a millionaire and you picked a Linux distro of your choice to sponsor development for to make it more friendly and useable, and subsidized good game ports to the OS, you could make some stuff happen, but making an OS is ludicrously expensive and time-consuming.
For emulation purposes, Linux works fine right now; the issue is that nobody is making games for it and the retards behind the major DEs and distros are hell-bent on fucking ruining everything that anybody likes about their systems.

Yes, but it barely works. So you get the full Linux experience then.

Ebay most likely.

Yeah it's called
Learn to assemble a microboard you dip.

Literally

Also you'd have to violate the laws of thermodynamics to actually achieve that level of spying on people's pcs.

Why not install penguin os and use retroarch to emulate?

Joke's on you, Windows 10 does all of that shit routinely.

And plugging a surge protector into itself gives you unlimited electricity.

Don't be fucking dumb. Windows 10 DOES logs your keystrokes, mouse movements and clicks, takes screenshots every so often, and datamines your file system, and then sends all of that shit to Microsoft. Also it's built to be able to upload and delete files from your filesystem by Microsoft's order.

It is not physically possible, economically viable, or socially maintainable to even do a third of what you are suggesting on the scale that you are suggesting it is occurring on.
You actual retard.

Sure thing. Go read Windows 10 privacy policy, it's all right there.

Wrong again you fucking retard.

Yes user
The multibillion dollar company wants to waste Server operation resources on a billion minimum wage fuckheads on a prebuilt.
Your information is virtually fucking worthless.
You're less valuable than a dell sponsorship deal.

If it wasn't valuable then they wouldn't have been gathering it, much less implementing tools to gather it to begin with. Now GTFO and take your shit OS with you, no one wants Windows 10 and even if it wasn't for spyware galore it's shit all around anyway.

Fuck you're obvious

Let me spell it out in a way you might understand better.
You ever notice how most thefts of personally identifiable and economic data are done by some random dickhead?
IT'S BECAUSE SOME RANDOM DICKHEAD DOESN'T HAVE ACCESS TO BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF SPONSORSHIP DEALS MICROTRANSACTIONS SOFTWARE SALES, PREINSTALLATION DEALS ON BULK, OFFICIAL HARDWARE LICENSING, HARDWARE SALES, FUCKING HIPSTER APPAREL.
BUT NO THE COMPANY THAT MAKES MORE THAN YOU WILL IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE TIME EVERY FIFTEEN SECONDS WANTS YOUR FUCKING EMPTY BANK ACCOUNT TO SELL TO SOME DIPSHIT IN MALAYSIA

Windows 10 by default sends the following data to Microsoft servers: all of your keystrokes, all of your mouse activity, hardware and filesystem statistics and contemporary screenshots, collectively called "telemetry", which is, again, enabled by default. Explain this, Schlomo.

CIA please shitpost in >>>/pone/

WHAT IS THE ECONOMIC VIABILITY OF THOUSANDS OF PETABYTES OF THE WORD "THE" THAT WARRANTS SAVING AND KEEPING IT AND DEDICATING SERVER ASSETS TO IT

WHAT IS THE ECONOMIC VIABILITY OF THOUSANDS OF COPIES OF CREDIT/DEBIT CARD INFORMATION THAT, IN GREATER LIKELYHOOD THEY ALREADY FUCKING HAVE FROM PEOPLE THAT PAID FOR WINDOWS 10 OR BOUGHT ANY DIGITAL PRODUCT FROM MICROSOFT?

So you're saying that because you're ignorant on the matter, it's impossible that they would do something like that? Do you even realize how fucking ass backwards this thinking is? Are you a nigger, a woman or a toddler?

'bout tree-fiddy

WHAT IS THE ECONOMIC VIABILITY OF YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME, AND ADDRESS, ALL OF WHICH IS PUBLICALLY ACCESSIBLE ALREADY?

You're fucking stupid. And it doesn't matter if you think it's valuable or not, they're still spying on you and every other faggot still using Windows.

BECAUSE LITERALLY NOBODY, NOBODY
FUCKING NOBODY EVER
UPLOADS ANY DATA ABOUT WHAT'S ON THEIR MIND
OH WAIT, WHAT'S THAT YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW?

user, this thread got derailed by idiots but in answer to your question the nvidia shield tablet is still being made. And the Nvidia shield portable is not, but you can get one secondhand pretty cheap. The tegra processor in it is still pretty hard to beat, even by modern android shitphone standards. The GPD XD I had was pretty good and solid, I sold it thought when I got the shield portable.

The GPD Win looks interesting but remember that GPD is run by five guys in a two room Chinese apartment that design, build, market, and manafacture these things. So take that as you will.

I DO KNOW
THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT. THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO YOU

No you don't. You don't know exactly what it is and you assume that it is none.

what part of, this is data that they already have do you not understand?

What part of "they datamine the fuck out of everyone BY DEFAULT" do you not catch?

Oh you.

For you own sake please look into why everyone is really skittish about windows 10. here is a video of an ex-Microsoft employee who lists all the problems with it, even the ones you can't simply turn off. Don't let the faggotry of the intro keep you from resolving your dangerous ignorance.

Also thehackernews.com/2015/08/windows-spying-on-you.html

i guarantee that in the next couple years or even less we're going to see a pirate version of win10 that retains anything it has that might be good along with future compatibility and excises literally everything that phones home, serves you ads etc

always bet on pirates to make a product more convenient to use than the original

watch this webm. actually watch it, start to finish

Does is run windows 8? is that less jewy than windows 10 what the fuck happened to windows 9

I would also like to know this the link i posted here states that windows 7 and 8 doesn't force the specific updates has a few questionable practices. I'd be interested if anyone knows more.

This shit is getting out of control, they really don't give a fuck lol.

The video is fake, go and try to recreate it yourself, Wireshark is free software. Windows 10 is steaming shit but stop posting this fucking video.

If there's only one thing Gabe had right is that piracy is a service problem.
If your service is obtuse or detrimental for the sake for your own company rather than the users, any self-respecting consumer with two brain cells to rub together will always consider pirating a better choice. Hell, I don't know anyone who actually bought Windows in all my life.

At some point user it'll be virtually impossible to buy any device new that will even support Windows 7 tangentially. Like new CPUs have updates locked off and most likely graphics cards will phase out support pretty quick after Microsoft drops support for it. At some point you will need to either bite the bullet and use 10 or become a linuxfag til Microsoft releases a new OS after 10. (Which they probably will I don't believe for a second they'll keep "Windows 10 as a service" going for that long.)

Isn't Win10 Enterprise LTSB already pretty much this? If not this version you dream of will certainly be based on it so that would be a good start.

Where are these ads you speak of? I used to get an occasional pop-up to buy M$ office but now I don't even get that. What am I doing wrong?

Why does anyone believe some anonymous Russian has/had the fucking encryption keys?

So, is the Nvidia sheild better capable of playing emulators than the GPD?