Famitsu's most wanted games list

Its 2 days old but ive never seen Holla Forums talk about this yet. I personally agree with some of the top 10 picks, although i dont care about the FFVII remake. How about you?

archive.is/pVwAy
nintendoeverything.com/famitsus-most-wanted-games-8617/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/i1ig1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Famitsu is paid off like IGN here and probably blackmailed by Yakuza

I want the FF7 remake to fail hard.

They gave Skyrim a perfect score, the first ever for a western game.

It won't and you know it.

It absolutely will, for the same exact reason FFXV did. Square-Enix proper no longer knows how to make video games.

Check again.

Nintentoddlers are gonna throw their toys out of the pram when they see World there.

They should have just re-released it as an HD version with more content like how they did with FFXII, but no, their going the FFXV route and flushing the game down the drain.

Although I believe it cant fail due to the power of stockholm syndrome of nostalgiafags.

Next you'll tell me Mass Effect Andromeda did well.

why didn't we rig this into CIA Rises 4u

Did it sell 10m+ copies
If not it was a flop as it didn't make back production costs

Why the fuck is the golf game #4 on the list?

That game must be pretty fun.

As long as company doesn't go bankrupt it's not "failure".

Nigger you're not the one to come with arbitrary sales goals for companies.

I know I'm not, Square Enix is and they said they'd probably need to sell 10m+ copies to make money on it

They could start by releasing the damn game on PC

archive.is/i1ig1
It was in development for a decade or something, it would not make its money back either way.
But as a standard AAA garbage it is it sold well enough.
FF7 Remake will sell more simply due to "classic" tag being attached.
Will it cover its cost is another question entirely. If it drives sqeenix to bankruptcy I will only be as happy as the next user, but chances are it will not.

Probably not, can't be sure

I thought that bombed, I remember square saying it didn't reach whatever numbers they wanted.

I mean shit will make a bank on pre-orders and limited editions alone. Even if it turns out to be complete disaster, can you even refund those?
And by disaster I mean something far worse than launch state of FFXV, because general crowd eats up missing content, crashes, freezes and 10fps no problem, and then praises basic fixes and DLCs as if it's some fucking god's miracle.

They are greedy fuckers. Being profitable is just not good enough.

True.

Japan is no different: old media is dying. Gaming media there have seen a decline too.

fake news tbh, Rise of the Tomb Raider bombed, and it's clear she's a fucking Square fangirl who is claiming a "Brisk" selling speed means it is making Absurd profit
Also didn't mention expenses, as well as pretending being the game that earned the most amount of yen for the company of all time means it is the most profitable thanks to inflation and expense/earning ratios

Nips devs did like Skyrim though

Hot Shots is kind of like the GRID or DIRT of Golf. A good blend between realism and arcade. Plus, Tiger Woods Pro Golf is dead.

Life is full of suprises. I never even knew japanese people even gave a shit about golf. I guess that game is just that good.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second and remind you all that game companies very rarely reveal their digital sales, only retail.

As many of you are probably aware, digital sales now take up most of the industry's sales. 50% at the very very least. Obviously this varies from system to system and game to game but when adding it to the equation the notion that SE won a lot of money from FFXV and RotTR doesn't seem as farfetched.

Take RotTR for example. From what I could gather, it sold around 4mil copies in retail across all platforms. If we are to assume that about half of its sales come from digital, that would make the game a whopping 8mil total. Quite an attractive number considering the title is basically Re-used Assets: The Game. And I don't need to remind you faggots why and how much more preferable digital sales are to game companies.

The only thing in the list that got me even remotely hyped. That said, it's probably like 3-4 years off or something since RSaGa 2 on Vita still isn't translated. EDF and FighterZ will probably be good too.

Playing the devil's advocate does not mean you pull up figures out of your ass and pretend they have any validity, you dumb fucking faggot.

As opposed to whom? The rest of the thread?
It took me seconds to find those numbers, and even then I had to make certain estimates.

Considering CyberConnect2 left the project for undisclosed reasons, it's development must not be going well.

Japs love golf you furry faggot

[the meme]

30. [PSP] Ushiro – 85 votes

[the actual list]

3. [PS4] Monster Hunter World – 460 votes
8. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III – 281 votes
9. [PS4] Dynasty Warriors 9 – 269 votes
10. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux – 268 votes
11. [PS4] City Shrouded in Shadow – 266 votes
12. [3DS] The Snack World – 260 votes
15. [PS4] Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories – 169 votes
17. [3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 – 157 votes
21. [PS4] Nights of Azure 2 – 135 votes
22. [PS4] Ace Combat 7 – 111 votes
23. [PSV] Tokyo Clanpool – 110 votes
24. [PS4] Dragon Ball FighterZ – 108 votes
25. [PSV] Shin Yomawari – 104 votes
26. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 5 – 101 votes
29. [PS4] Megadimension Neptunia VIIR – 92 votes

[games that paid for votes]

1. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 816 votes
2. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 480 votes
6. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors – 299 votes
7. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 294 votes
13. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 237 votes
14. [PSV] Romancing SaGa 3 – 234 votes
16. [3DS] Fire Emblem Warriors – 165 votes
19. [3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns – 143 votes
20. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI – 141 votes
27. [NSW] Fire Emblem – 95 votes

[games for normalfags that also paid for votes]

5. [PS4] Everybody’s Golf – 382 votes
18. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport – 155 votes
4. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 458 votes
28. [PS4] Assassin’s Creed Origins – 94 votes [we wuz on the list]

its just an emulated version of the snes/famicom game being released on ios/android and vita

its not an upgraded remake or anything

that must be why they went all in on dothack again recently

I don't know how much I really buy this. I mean they gave
街〜運命の交差点〜 a 34 but the less interesting (the detective story was like a fucking holy wood movie) pseudo-sequel 428〜封鎖された渋谷で〜 a perfect score. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because it's still pretty great and there is a lot of SHIT coming out these days and to have a game with an actual story must be relieving.

You don't even need to translate either one. They are both simple and actually don't have much of a story. If you spend maybe an hour just translating the attacks and items, you can play through the game with no problem.
Nah Romancing SaGa is pretty popular in Japan. Most of my friends that play video games know about it and really like it, and since the second one came out a resurgence of interest has Coke about for it.

It basically boils down to a few things
1. I'd rather not have to retranslate everything when I put the game down for 6mo and then pick it up again
2. After playing SaGa Frontier in JP (a game I've cleared everyone but Riki in, in the Eng release) I've realized that every so often there's some shit I can't remember and have to trial and error, and I'd rather just read the dialogue and go from there and I'm still learning Kanji (a skill I'll probably end up using to comfortably play through Scarlet Grace). I also just like actually reading the dialogue in JRPGs so long as it's not turbocringe tier
3. I make a point of paying for Kawazu's shit because I like it and want to see more of it. I'm currently playing through RS:MS and have SaGa 1 and 2 on GB/DS Emu to play through, so it's not like I can't wait to play RS2+3, but I have no issues with tossing money Squeenix's way when they actually pay attention to one of their better franchises (and don't send me a digital boardgame with no fucking manual)