Annoyance

Shit that annoys/pisses you off in vidya. I'll go first:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1oksfcBG99F
international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/watch-dogs/watch-dogs-anti-aliasing-comparison-1-smaa-vs-fxaa.html
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Anti-aliasing_(AA)#Traditional_methods
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh do I HATE this FUCKING SHIT.

That wouldn't really be a problem. It's only a problem when c calls d and e, then e calls f and g. It should only be a one time thing that the players would be warned about.

That's the point, those newly arrived fuckheads ALSO CALL FOR HELP.
WHO THE FUCK DECIDED THAT WAS FUN.

It's not about fun, goyim! It's about the shekels!

Nippondevs are hacks, Arisen!

A foolproof indicator that you're dealing with an incompetent developer who doesn't respect your time.

Thanks, game.

pic related

Also

This bothers me way more than it should.

That one doesn't happen as often as
or
fuck both by the way

only love is with us now, something warm and pure

this shit pisses me off to no end

>Games that force you to turn off/hard reset your fucking console after the ending

If devs fixed that would you now buy their game?

I know you're just baiting, but what games do actually do this? I literally can't remember none

Fuck off that shit's nice

Congratulations, you just reminded me why I will never truly stop fucking hating video games and hating the industry with an unrivaled passion.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

This shit pisses me off way more than it should but there's no reason to do it and many reasons not to.
Bonus points if the game crashes if you quit and forces you to gameplay when you startup again.

Being forced to shut off the game after it's over gives it a nice sense of closure. And besides, if there's no post-game content at all then you were gonna shut it off anyway

This on the other hand pisses me off to no end, in particular because you don't get to see a nice title screen

I remember some foreign release of that game replaced that "you were a child in a coma" ending with something actually related to the story and events.

We've simplified everything to gain a larger audience, plus fuck the original creators wishes we're doing our own take on it.

This is what kills a series.

Everything OP said

You mean this? This isn't much better. It's just two characters from the game climbing a tree and one of them falls. It makes even less sense and also has fuck all to do with the shit that happened throughout the game.

I prefer at least being sent back to the home screen to listen to the menu music and reminisce on what it was like to first play it. I guess that would do fine with the console off too, though.

EVERY FUCKING GAME
Completely takes me out of the game.
If you did that shit in real life like "press the spacebar to jump!" people would look at you like you're fucking retarded.

You then realize that some dumbfuck testers didn't think about checking behind the waterfall and they had to remind them

ive always been scared of time sensitive events in rpgs. exile 3 and mass effect 2 come to mind.

It's so fucking ANNOYING during fights

Kinda like how Vietnam vets were treated in the US.

Losing all of your FUCKING WEAPONS
MULTIPLE TIMES
IT'S NEGATIVE PROGRESS
STOP TAKING MY SHIT AWAY

When you play in multiplayer 1v1 RTS and you are totally helpless against your opponent because he rushes you

I fucking hate that

You're not a real cop.

IF I WASN'T UNDER ORDERS NOT TO, I'D SLAP IN YOU JAIL UNTIL YOUR AUGS RUSTED OFF YOUR FUCKING CORPSE

>can't just straight up tell a party member to fuck off out of your party

Funfact: In digimon world 1 if you train your digi to very high intelligence and speed you can stunlock pretty much any enemy in the game with the beginner really fast attacks as long as you tell your digimon to attack aggressively
max cheese, though it will take a while

Inventory management.
I want to play a fucking videogame, not spend 2 minutes after every fucking fight reorganizing and deciding which thing I need less and junking it.
There is literally no excuse for dicking the player on inventory space. It makes sense in games where managing supplies actually matters (but then there should still be somewhere infinite to store shit, like a home base or save points or some shit), but in games like fucking .hack where you have 99 of every goddamn healing item anyway it's really goddamn annoying that I have to stop to play inventory jenga after every motherfucking dungeon.
Actual MMOs are the worst about this, too and it's usually what leads to me dropping them.

Just give me a fucking bottomless bogs of benis to store all the crap I don't need at that exact moment at the very least. This isn't the 80's, games can fucking handle inventory space.

>bonus rage points for when in prequel said resource was acquired through skill and not any RNG

Can you guess the game?

Oh, MGSV.
Uh… was The Last of Us unfinished?

Condemned Bloodshots shout attack was fun but goddamn that game needed a option to start with it 2nd time

There are a lot of unfinished games that get passed off as finished games and still get praise.

yep, kingdom hearts a shit

playing a certain game in which skill descriptions explicitly state it will fail when used on bosses

Explain how is that bad.

Because you as a player get stronger but the enemies do not and no new variety of enemy comes to fulfill the challenge. The game gets easier as you play and not more challenging.

>(((Procedurally generated)))

Rimworld is quite fun; the map just needs to not be thousands of completely independent squares. THAT’S the retarded part.

I have no clue why, but this game mechanic pisses me off to no end.
I just wanted video games.

Final Fantasy I got it right though.

Shutting off your console after beating a game feels like closing a book once you've finished. That nice tactile sensation of closure. I actually kinda dig it.

Two words
ITEM
DURABILITY

Motherfucker, a Sledgehammer doesn't BREAK after caving in a fixed number of heads, and it takes YEARS of use to break a proper fucking mattock.

It doesn't bother me when it's a short game or when it's something simple to do. I'm 30+ hours into a TRPG and I just found out that I missed out on the best ending because I didn't talk to one specific character at literally every opportunity I got. No indication whatsoever that you should talk to this specific character a lot. I talked to everyone a little instead, because the first time you talk to someone they get some nice stuff. So I figured "Yeah I'll talk to everyone once and then just talk to the best characters a lot more".

Is it terminal?

I personally have no issues with item durability as long as there is at least ONE item that is indestructible. Even in BotW I had no problems with the Master Sword even if it still technically breaks because at least it recharges and it is literally impossible to drop. The repair shit always kind of bugged me in Fallout NV but at least you can get perks to make it less shit. Also >He doesn't put all his skill towards Energy Weapons from the beginning to get the most use out of the Recharger Pistol/Rifle

After my first playthrough of NV I downloaded a mod that disables item degradation, and just started doing Dead Money right away for access to the machine where you can buy repair kits
Shame my game has had a recurring issue with my character's head exploding after a set amount of time ever since Dead Money first hit. New files, clean installs, nothing fixes it. Eventually my head's going to explode so all I can do is wait for it to happen, load my last save, and turn on god mode until it does.

This is rage, that shitty id game.

Click-to-move controls and the shit-eating retards that defend them.

I was referring to Dead Rising and Minecraft, user. Some item degradation is fine, but devs have a habit of making shit break retardedly fast because "muh balance"

Click to move is alright so long as you have the ability to force movement and force stop. Diablo 3 actually did this right, though you have to specifically bind Force Move because it's not bound by default.

Autosave
Please give me my save points back

You're playing a real-time action video game, not managing windows, direct movement is always superior. Kill yourself you shit-eating retard. You are the reason online RPGs are such trash.

Motherfucker why would you even program them if they NEVER WORK?

Can you guess the game?

TWEWY? Death has meaning in that one.

No. I forgot to mention that you get revived right after.

Ah talkin about Deaths!

ME2?

This.

I abused the fuck outta this in Shining Force, since characters retained XP even if you lost.

I've grown to hate all forms of in-game exposition that isn't reading descriptions at your leisure. Forced walking to listen to characters talk is shit, waiting in a room till an NPC opens a door is shit, being locked in place while NPCs talk to you is shit. All of this things should be skippable especially on consecutive playthroughs. I just want to play the fucking game

Are you me? I've given up trying to complete several games because of dialogue and not really cutscenes getting in the way of actual gameplay.

PATHFINDING

and on the more autistic side:

I'd imagine many anons share the sentiment since it gets in the way of gameplay and is just a way of force feeding players shitbox story

Guess the game

And this is why I dropped New Vegas.

Every new AAA game is like this. Can't even enjoy pirated games without women trying to be in your face about how they can put you down real quick.

No fuck you, rodent and monster enemies who only have the mental capacity to eat, shit, fuck, and sleep should not constantly fucking level up and scale to a bipedal human being who's purpose is to be getting stronger and fix some cataclysmic, world shattering problem.
Yeah, that's called the new parts of the game you haven't made it to yet because you aren't strong enough. That's called "progress", which also includes feeling powerful over enemies who used to be a chore to fight.

Level scaling kills any sense of progress and is only for autists who prefer playing vidya as a chore.

get a load of this fag who can't git gud at stalker

All of my this.

That makes me abandon games more than anything.

vocaroo.com/i/s1oksfcBG99F

That's because you're so slow by the time you kill them they only have a few boolits left.

Ever notice how Motion Blur and LCDs came into the scene around the same time? Wonder why that is. Oh and Depth of Field is easily the most egregious thing, especially in shooters.

>NO! If we kill him we are no better.

What game has this actually happened in, though? I see it in every one of these threads and have no idea where it comes from.

pretty sure in uncharted 2 the last boss mocks you pretty much for the same reason

doesn't happen often in games, but it does happen VERY often in other media.

Adding to that that Earth's moon is abnormally large and abnormally close - just barely outside the radius where such objects are torn into rings by tidal forces.

ONe of the best turtorials ever was actually Titanfall 1. The only limitation was how fast you could physicially move. If you knew how to play that game, it was over in 30 seconds, but if you needed to learn it gave you the time to learn. It was fantastic.

Soul Reaver. At least it doesn't have this bullshit with having to reload from save every time you die, you just teleport to the home location.

Yes, let's hand over wads of cash for fire-breathing graphics cards and jet engine consoles so we can render the latest high-fidelity graphics, only to blur the shit out of it for some reason.

For how much the industry sucks Dark Souls' dick these days, I'm disappointed no games have outright copied its drop/inventory system yet. It's probably the best I've seen. Everything that drops is useful in some way with absolutely no junk, and you have infinite space so it's always nice when something drops. I'm sick of games dumping 9001 worthless items on you after every fight that serve no real purpose other than to be converted into gold the next time you visit a vendor.

Assassins Creed 2.

>ends with John's death
>but you can now only play as John's son Jack

I have a save file saved just before the last mission because of that fucking bullshit. Hearing people go "Mr. Marston!" to a character that hasn't done anything to be even slightly known after that last mission is so jarring and makes no fucking sense at all.

INFINITE

ENEMY

RESPAWN

Just like real life. Listen, pal, I bought this game and as far as the 1's and 0's that make up your world are concerned, I am their god. If there's a way to be a jerk, I will be one and you have no room to judge. The devs could have helped the world by teaching or firefighting, but they wanted to make products for kids to sit on their ass and drink Mtn dew with, so shut the fuck up.
Abe's Oddysee was a perfect use of a morality system. The process of rescuing Mudokons was fun and made me feel clever by doing it. RPG's on the other hand don't work because if an enemy tries to harm me I will enjoy killing them more than saving them. If an NPC asks me something I will enjoy being a jerk because I don't care about their "feelings". Make me care, make it fun to be nice or I will like being a jerk more. I'm not an edgelord, just tired of shoehorned morality B.S. in games. To continue;

Who the hell CARES?

Also, this current trend among indie developers to make 3-D games with cel shading and virtually zero texture work is pretty bad. Just like the pixel trend, they've aped the medium with the least effort possible.

Never played it but it was actually pic related.

JRPG annoyances

Only acceptable if you're doing a tutorial.

I never did beat that boss in FF3 ds, i forgot what dragon thing it was.

underrated

TERA

New Vegas doesn't do this

What is wrong with fxaa isn't that just aa?

It's the fastest but worst form of post-process anti-aliasing. It gets rid of jaggies just fine but it also gets rid of a significant amount of detail in the process.

international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/watch-dogs/watch-dogs-anti-aliasing-comparison-1-smaa-vs-fxaa.html

FXAA is an outdated form of AA that just throws a blur filter over the screen and obscures more detail than it should.

Algorithmic anti-aliasing in general disgusts me.

You can use it against Hell Wyrm at least, not that the fight isn't already a joke without it. At least the remake added the trial fights.

Huh, never knew that, usually had it on. Appreciate it. What is considered a better form of aa?

Sage for getting offtopic

Setting the game beyond your desktop resolution then having it scaled to your monitors resolution.

There are loads of different methods. Here's a good summary:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Anti-aliasing_(AA)#Traditional_methods

I wouldn't recommend unless it's a really old game. While SSAA's results are indeed the best, it's usually not worth the massive drop in performance that comes with it compared to MSAA. I'd just stick to whatever anti-aliasing the game offers that isn't FXAA.

Setting the game beyond your desktop resolution then having it scaled to your monitors resolution.

The only game I have seen that properly solves this problem is AssCreed Revelations where you sync your movement to the NPC

Fucking jrpg's i swear.

I hate that shit. Let me save after the game is done damn it so i can have a nice closure instead of having a save file at 99%

And the worst part: it's actually an accurate depiction of stupid normalfags in the west, who simply don't care when their village is getting enriched by some foreigner who just appeared and fucks up everything.

At the very least allow the game to save before a final freeze frame or something, right?

In fallout 1 the fucker will insist on killing himself in the fucking laser grids in the last level.

On that note.

obligatory

You see this crap? If this is you, you need to be gassed.

Is that Steve Jobs the Immigration director from that shitty Calexit comic?

Yep

If you're going to force me to "get in character" then pull that bull shit then not worth my time.

risk of rain?

Why would you buy a game as old as that? Why give bioware and EA money

Shit, forgot to mention this

Haven't played it, but the trend among shit-eating indie hacks over the last several years is certainly to have complete amnesia about the rise of standards in PC game controls that happened starting in the mid-'90s.

Which is odd considering that I'd imagine their entire repertoire of completed games consists of all crap they played on Steam that was released in the past 5 years.

Cough gone home cough

What exactly is the problem with using those bindings? Seems pretty good for anything 2D or mouseless, especially older emulators, since your right hand can use arrow keys or numpad for movement and your left hand gets the full range of keys for various actions.
I have never enjoyed playing games that forced WASD for movement and something like jkl; for other actions. I've never encountered anything that used WASD and numpad, but I can't see that as being too bad.

i didnt realize this was a game mechanic as a kid and sold my FF III on the final boss because i was too frustrated and couldnt figure out how to beat the 9999 lightning hit.

cancertale.jpeg

I distinctly remember once when I was playing Rhapsody, there was a scripted battle you were supposed to lose. Only thing was, it was against the useless evil kitten crew you've already kicked the shit out of several times before, and they don't even have stronger attacks. The only way I noticed I was supposed to lose was when I saw that every one of my moves would miss, even if it was using a healing item on my own teammate.

Jesus fuck, this shit kills just about any online game for me now.

The first problem is make no ergonomic sense whatsoever. The arrow key positionings on a modern keyboard are largely the result of a quirk in typewriter design. Nobody pays much attention to them normally because you simply don't use the arrow keys very often when word processing. But if have you ever gotten into a situation where need to use arrow keys in conjunction with home row keys to perform a repetitive task you realize it's tedious as hell.

But in the world of video games, where most players are right-handed, it makes the most sense to map repeatedly-pressed inputs to the right hand and leave held inputs to the left. It also makes sense to standardize correlate this layout with the one found in every single controller layout, because that's what people are used to and it's easy to switch between controller and keyboard that way. The reason doujin developers end up on ZXCV and arrows in particular is because they map automatically to gamepad buttons with most drivers without any extra programming required. Almost everyone uses a controller for PC gaming in Japan over a keyboard. The doujin developer decision has absolutely nothing to do with conscious ergonomics and is more to do with them seeing no reason for keyboard support to be anything more than an afterthought.

This is all beside the biggest elephant in the room however: that the standard expected of PC games for a long time has been to allow you to remap your inputs to whatever the fuck you please. What has happened in the indie game scene ever since a new generation of hacks grew up off the success of Cave Story is a fundamental regression in standards. The dream was for the doujin scene to one day strive for the standard of Western PC game customization, not for Western PC developers to lower themselves to their level.

I miss him so much

I don't give a fuck that Yaya Marashitoto made the little triangles in the game.

The MMO is dead and the modern gamur killed it.

I would think using your right hand for movement would be much better since you can respond and change directions faster and more accurately with your dominant hand, while left hand is usually for less precise repeated tasks like shooting or jumping. Dodging a bullet or doing a quarter circle requires far more reaction speed and precision than spamming bullets or throwing a punch.
I use them primarily when word processing and it's annoying as all fuck, but rather comfortable for vidya. I grew up using arrow keys and played a lot of emulated games, primarily shmups and fighters, so I may not have the bias of someone who grew up with a controller or something.

I know that game

Don't even remind me. Also:
Why is FF doing this? Why?

Only 9 and I think maybe 8 did that as far as I know.

Want to play a good simple nethack-like:
This is 80% of indie shit, and I really like the genre.

VERY fucking common in old 2D western games. You want complicated patterns of bullets to weave through like in Contra or something? How about instead of that, you get a constant barrage of jerky nonsense that you can't avoid without being in the right place before it even appears?

Usually combined with the last one. Instead of a satisfying challenge where you avoid everything at all costs because you can't make many mistakes, you get a swarm of nonsense that encourages you to just take a hit and run past all of it, constantly.

A big chunk of Crash 1 is sitting there waiting for moving platforms to line up. They can also get desynced which is just great.

New Vegas specifically dropped that function from Fallout 3. If you go directly north from Goodsprings, you will get your ass raped by Cazadores and Deathclaws. This is why you're told "Don't go north, things up there just get mad when you shoot them", alluding to the fact that you won't do enough damage to kill them. While some enemies are upgraded and are bigger and stronger in later areas, they are not changed anywhere else. If you go back to Goodsprings at level 40 and just sneeze at a Gecko it'll gib.

Any fallout game?

You can rebind the controls in RoR though

Got a sauce on that?

Any RPG that hands you a game over if the protagonist dies and you still have party members that are alive. This makes no sense, and I really don't know why it's a thing. For example, if your MC is KO'd in Persona 3/4/5, you get an automatic game over regardless of any party members that are still alive. Why can't I just use a revival item to revive the MC?

The sauce is "rogue-like" tag in steam.
I did a fairly long spergout-post about this sometime ago. I got into some autistic detail in the broken core design that these games try to hide behind upgrades, gradual progression and RNG. Might have to pasta it from my desktop comp.

Most of these games just miss the point so hard it's painful. Found this unironic promotion that sums this up nicely:

he meant the pic
Please do.

Related,

Do I want source?

All the usual hijinks of Stealth games after original Thief's
Shit i guess there's plenty of more but fucking stealth games these days…
Currently playing Styx so i cant help but to think how bad the genre is these days even if this game itself is relatively okay but does have it's fair share of flaws.

Why did you have to mention that. Unfinished games anger me to the core. I especially feel bad about the anons who had their hopes and dreams crushed by spore.

The Surge is like a modern version of those old games that had dozens of hidden mechanics that didn't really do anything. It's both satisfying and annoying.

I've been trying to find it but I can't get anything.

Vids?

Chitsu is a completely wholesome work I have no idea why you are so upset

Are there any stealth games that don't have this problem? If I remember correctly even Thief II does it.

Nigger that is a level of detail no game has.

someone needs to teach that nigger about vanishing points.

If you want to go for that level of realism though, you also have to have guards alerting for missed check ins and irregular behavior (eg LACK of footsteps on a designated patrol route)

Didn't Iji sorta do that in the logbooks?

sure smells of cuckchan /k/ in here

Also

This is what I respect about some of the smaller Jap developers. Their games may not be great or even good a lot of the time but at the very least they can pick a niche and stick with it.

Bonus points when they despawn after a while even though with modern tech there's no reason for that to be a thing anymore

So undertale then?

This is the exact reason I quit Toontown rewritten.
It hasn't been run by disney for years, it's actively being developed, yet adding new species is somehow more important than letting you move with WASD instead of arrow keys.

>no refunds

Indie pixelshit annoys me too. For example, Dungeon of the Endless is fun, but the artstyle is sorta mishmash'd together. It's obvious that the artists know what they're doing, but the art is super stereotypical indieshit.

Fucking original Tomb Raider
Switches also have a pointlessly tiny hitbox, I don't know why they force you to press your face right up against one just to use it, especially with the inaccurate running.

Honestly I'd rather have pixelshit than the ugly tweening/paperdoll crap you see in a lot of web animation. Salt and Sanctuary in particular is quite possibly the single ugliest game ever made.

The only times it is forgivable is when paired with attack up when hp is low.

>cannot invert y-axis

A similar problem
Way too many indieshit platformers do this.

RoR has settable keybinds tho.

Might as well contribute to the thread while I'm at it.

Fucking this. I've seen people drop games they would otherwise have really liked just because of shit like this.

Never know where or when i was spotted and the run was fucking worthless.

I hate this shit so much

What's that?

Because i still have my copy and replay it every now and again. Disc 2 has been pissing me off for nearly 20 years now.

Tweening is basically when you make an image or sprite, but instead of actually drawing different frames, you just edit the same image with various effects to achieve a kind of faux animation. Webm related.

Yeah, fuck that. Indieshit that's drawn decently is better than nothing.

Tweening is animation through transformation of a still drawing, as opposed to the traditional process of drawing every frame, as you can see in
Paperdoll is when you animate something by having it split into pieces and just relocating the pieces to make animation, as in Darkest Dungeon.
Neither are very well-liked since these methods tend to come hand-in-hand with shitty animators phoning it in, but like pixelshit and low-poly, it can work when creators put in the effort

When I refer to paperdoll I more mean like the puppet boss in Dawn of Sorrow, even if that was an actually fitting use of it, where all of the limbs are completely stiff with the only movement being pivots at joints.

Fighting, Stealth, and RTS games come to mind. Not that it's hard to go back to an old but good game of that genre, but it sucks seeing a genre's corpse constantly brought back to life to be raped when it should be left to rest.

what said. No other stealth game was able to utilize the level of sound, and even other features, in gameplay the way the classic Thief games did. Like the games however, they weren't perfect, but it was something that should have become the standard for other stealth genre games to strive for and improve on, but no dev was able to achieve.

Fuck you DSIII, every fucking fight is like that.

Looking at you, Endless Space 2, fuggin manpower and refilling the spehßships but never explaining how to make more reserves.

When the first ambush appeared so early into the game, I though DS3 was just sending a nod to stuff that people encountered during the first game, but then just spams ambushes all over the fucking place and it became annoying as shit. It mellows down as you progress but still.

Not to mention that the economy victory is insanely broken due to how easy it is to achieve, so to try different things I'm forced to disable it from the rest of the victory settings. It's still my favorite space game, even with its odd flaws

Only applies when you're a capcuck. You're not a capcuck, are you?

I just don't understand it. Accent Core was the top Arcadia game in popularity for years. It seemed like we were in the midst of a fighting game rennaissance. Was ASW giving up on the hardcore with their BlazBlue garbage really all it took to ruin things for everyone? Or is it the fault of Street Fighter IV and shit-eating Americans' understated influence on the genre?

As much as I loved Cave Story, the requirements for the best ending were kinda annoying.

One thing I hated in DaS3 was how some enemies have attacks with a long windup that looks like they're going to release it about half a second before they actually do. It looks unnatural and it's so blatantly the devs baiting you into rolling early.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one whose favorite space game right now is ES2, even if it does have a number of flaws and some weird design choices.

Way to kill immersion

Jesus Christ. Please never be in the same room as an actual gun.

3 is the only one with a semi story reason, given that you have Death inside you. Killing you would probably just set him free, causing Nyx to just come a little sooner as he gathers shadows on his own. You could make the argument that it is no longer relevant in the second half, but changing the mechanics then would be a bit strange and it could be justified that your existence is what gives Ryoji some connection to humanity.
4 and 5 probably aped the mechanic given how many people started with 3 and were used to it.

more like they were too lazy to remove it. there's probably some code shoved up the game's ass somewhere that kills the AI as soon as the player dies and anyone who knows how to change that has left the company. Ever notice how just about every change to every Persona game made so far is incredibly superficial and not at all deeply fundamental?

What's worse is when they "remaster" or reboot the game with the same title and now you can never find the original ever again. Even if you did good luck patching it.

Either it's a bad port, or you're doing it to piss me off.

Bayonetta 2 is so fucking guilty of this, I wanted to play as balder and Rodin in single player.

Bounty Hounds on PSP did the "it was all a dream" thing.

But then they were like "now that you've finished the simulation you're ready for the real fight!" and you got to play the game again with the difficulty jacked up to 12, all new enemies and enemy behaviors and a completely new story, albeit in the same locations. That wasn't bad.

But Payday: The Heist is almost exactly how it was since release. It's Payday 2 that has become unrecognizable.

game is a remake of the sub par first game of the series, even though it doesn't get really good till the 2nd and 3rd. I still want a 2 even though the first was subpar.

Very specific example:

Bonus points if someone knows which game this is. Huge hint: one of the characters you lost is your mom.

sounds like Grandia 3. Tragically unfinished game.

Dragon Questely Default

It's more enjoyable on repeat playthroughs but I won't defend that the camera is pretty fucky.

Cool dinosaur bro.

Yup, that's the one.

I fucking HATE that

I don't really have any qualms with morality systems as a concept, but it's so rarely done well. It always seems to be either inconsistent in what is or is not immoral, or it's consistent to the moral views of idiotic developers.The two examples that stick out in my mind at the moment are Watch Dogs and SWTOR.

Watch Dogs

One of the consular (or whatever the hell the jedi spellcaster/tank class was called) story quests in TOR

To this day the Ultima series is still the only game with an even approachable good morality system and it's mostly because they're stats that are each effected by normal actions rather than arbitrary numbers that go up or down based on arbitrary dialogue options.

Now that I think about it, another thing I hate about morality in games is when there's a massive disconnect between the morality of characters in the narrative presented in cutscenes and dialog and shit versus how they are when you're playing the game. Watch Dogs 2, for example

Blum and CToS are presented as a evil that only Dedsec can protect people from, but if CToS is a cancer on society then Dedsec is a stab wound. A deep one.

It's the attack Spitfire, which has an insane fire rate and low cost. It also will knock the opponent back and so if you get your digimon to be fast enough and aggressive enough to attack non stop, you just spam that move, stunlocking anything, using an occasional finish, then stunlocking them again.

Seriously, in a VS battle, my brother pitted his top of the line well trained digimon vs a first run digimon (same species) of his friend. Friend only had spitfire, brother had advanced techniques, brother's digimon couldn't get a single attack off because of spitfire stunlock.

not always. Level scaling is often a crapshoot and when you're starting out doing some basic crafting shit, opponents level in combat stats, making encounters scaled weird as shit

Metagaming in general is absolute cancer and I will never understand how anyone could possibly enjoy turning a game into fucking math homework. Especially RPGs since it removes any form of immersion or role play

Pixel art can look really good. Just a matter of hiring an actual fucking artist and not a twat who made a shitty 8bit saw and made it spin around with 8 actual animation.