The Death Of Retail: how will this effect gaming?

With the increasing demand in digital download and the ability to have everything delivered to your front door with services such as Amazon, or even Best Buy/GameStops online orders, we coming to an age where the brick and mortar stores of old are closing their doors unless they can keep up with the online world (And, even then, these stores are finding it more profitable to operate online-only anyway). In this year alone, companies have already close 63,000 stores (Not just gaming, but also clothing, technogy, etc.).

How will the death of retail affect the way gaming evolves? We already have seen what happened when this infected PC gaming with the creation of Steam. What will happen when this spreads to consoles en masse?

Riiiiight.

Those outlets aren't going anywhere, because they offer goods that are impractical to buy online - and often service people who are largely computer/internet illiterate, as well as providing the immediate acquisition of multiple items.

They're also some of the largest game retail outlets.

You remove physical games from their shelves, where they make the most of their profits, and they'll stop carrying your hardware in protest. If Walmart stops carrying your hardware - you're going to fail, period. Maybe if all console makers pulled out of the retail space together - that'd be one thing. But whoever pulls out first is going to give a fucking landslide advantage to the competition, and nobody is going to risk that.

Big racks of physical games at a box retailer isn't just a pile of outdated plastic. It's advertising. It's mindshare, as well. Why do you think PC gaming is bigger than the console market - but all most people ever seems to focus on is console games. Because they're more visible.

THICK!

THAT'S NOT REAL THICK

Physical media as a cheap consumer technology will eventually be phased out due to digital. Physical media will still be around as enthusiast tech for long term archiving. However consumers will naturally take what is the most convenient for them. Physical games and DVDs are becoming an inconvenience to collect. This is also why alot of gamers I knew in my college dog days traded in whatever new game they beat for the next latest game because keeping bad games is a waste of space for them. And with the advent of Steam making digital games convenient most of those college guys moved to PC because they can log into their account on any machine and download whatever game they bought and play it then. At least until Steam becomes the next iTunes.

Right now unless a war on the home front severs our fibre cables digital games is the better value proposition. Especially with Nintendo's artificial scarcity bullshit.

I don't get it, why not just got to the toilet?

Good one retard.

Got some facts to back that up?!

They're probably wearing diapers and it got filled up.

Thick specifically refers to fat storage that is maintained with proper musculature and bone density.
Blob shit is not thick.

More like they're waiting for downloading to be as impractical so they can shove cloud storage and streaming down our throats.

They probably wouldn't be able to get back up without assistance or break the seat.

I FUCKING HATE THIS REACTION IMAGE
EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS ABHORRENT
DELETE THIS

It's probably sweat.

For console games, I only buy physical, because I have enough neurons to rub together to know that any "digital good" will one day be inaccessible once the servers are shut down.
I'm far from the only person to think this way, too. Retail isn't going anywhere. It's like the desktop/laptop vs. mobile market share: clueless normalfags will jump into the deep end of the more convenient option because they lack the imagination or awareness to see the downside, but the existing paradigm, while shrinking in relative terms, will never go away in absolute terms.
TL;DR: Boxed games aren't going away.

That doesn't work either dipshit.
Sony even admitted playstation now was a colossal failure and the only reason people play it is because they have locked "backwards compatibility" on it.

Do you have any idea how much of an ordeal it is for a landwhale to wipe it's own ass? A lot of them have specialized harnesses and rails in their bathrooms and need cleaning tools (pic related) to reach their own asshole. If they're not rich enough to be able to afford a special dedicated fatty bathroom with an extra-wide reinforced toilet, then they can't balance their ponderous weight properly when spreading their gigantic fucking assflaps and causes them excruciating pain and a risk of fall. So if the only toilet available is normal sized, then the shit (which is usually pasty soft-serve-like from their terrible diets) just spreads everywhere along their asscracks on it's way out. It's a hell of a clean-up job.

Frankly, it's just easier to shit your pants in public and take a shower when you get home. If they were that worried about what other people thought of them, then they wouldn't be so fucking fat in the first place. These people literally have ZERO sense of dignity or self-respect left.

Aaaand, I now realize that you were talking about brick-and-mortar stores rather than boxed games.
Yeah, huge game-specific retailers are probably fucked in the long term, especially Gamestop, since their customer service is awful and since they're now (at least in some jurisdictions) subject to the same rules as pawn shops. Big retailers who offer a large variety of goods (including games) aren't doing as well as they used to, but they're never going to die out; at most, some will be forced to merge.
That's no big loss. Mom and pop game shops have always been struggling to get by, but they manage to do so through building actual communities and by offering retro collections and other specialized goods and services. So they'll probably be OK.
And of course, Amazon will continue shipping boxed copies.
Sorry about not fully reading your post before responding, OP.

That's fucking rad, does it fly?

As far as I can tell, Gamestop survives on pre-order/pre-order bonuses and merchandise. The only way they'll go out of business completely is if enough people stop buying into AAA hype and find other places to buy their cheap crap.

I chuckled.

why are we not simply killing these people again?

imagine all the soap we could make.

Killing is against the laws of this land.

When the shit really hits the fan, they'll be an easy source of fat and pig feed for the first six months.

That's one of the worst things I've heard in quite some time

Why don't they stop producing consoles? Sony lost a lot of money per console.

Sony and Microsoft deliberately took an initial loss on their 7th gen consoles, before the production costs came down, so that they could release a high-spec machine that would be profitable in the long term. But when the 8th gen got started, all the console manufacturers released low-spec machines that turned a profit from day one.

Anons gotta stop shilling digital as it even means anything. As long as Disney Marvel can pull off bullshit like Marvel vs Capcom series than there is no fucking reason to put any eggs into digital.

So what would it take to kill consoles?

I don't know. Realistically speaking, I don't think it's possible in the foreseeable future. But the current AAA slump caused by out-of-control marketing budgets seems to be doing a good job of deflating software sales. If it keeps going, that will deflate hardware sales, too. That's the only thing I can think of.

Fat people are the ultimate consumers. That's literally all they fucking do. The corn subsidies for HFCS alone to sustain them keep America's farmers in business.

Why kill a dying man? It's rather redundant.
I don't feel bad for him, just pity.

Poor bastard. I have nightmares about my teeth falling out sometimes. If it happened for real, I'd kill myself. Unless I was really old or something, because that's inevitable if you get to be super old.

Everyone becoming as retarded as steamfags. We'll see if consolefags have become as retarded as steamfags once sales figures for the BoneXX surface or if they member what MS tried to do and will try again

Also, both Sony and Microsoft take something like 12% of every game purchase (physical and digital both) in Royalties. So the higher a software attach rate, the more money these console companies make. That's how, traditionally, console companies were able to afford to offer these high R&D machines with exotic architectures in the past.

Now they're just customized off-the-shelf components slapped together in an ugly case with improper cooling - underpowered and sold at a profit right from launch. Plus they jack up the price on peripherals. $60 for a fucking controller. $150 for an "elite" controller which goes to shit after a year.

Not to mention the extortion scams they call PS+/XBL.

Oh, and with digital sales becoming more common - they also get a distributors fee which is somewhere between 25~30% on average. Meanwhile, digital prices have to keep parity with physical prices, because they can't undercut box retailers without them getting pissed and refusing to sell the companies hardware. So all that extra profit on not having to produce boxes and shipping and shit just gets pocketed.

The way it is now, they're killing themselves, willingly. This is much more efficient and saves us the moral quandary of the state murdering fatties.

the higher ups never put a gun to their head and made them eat mcdonalds every day

It's real THICK, but not real THICC

No, but they robbed them of the purpose and fulfilled lives their ancestors had, as well as mass marketed ad campaigns to convince them to buy buy buy fast food, on top of so many cheaper, easier to eat or make foods being terrible for you and the ever weakening purchasing power of the common american man. Is it any wonder so many americans are obese when half of them are addicted to prescription pills, in a country without any purpose other than to make money and buy shit while everything is simultaneously going to shit as well? Where americans eat to fill the void inside of themselves, and are actively encouraged to do so to increase profit margins? Doesn't help either how shit the food is for you. To lay all the blame on the americans who abuse themselves by overeating to treat a symptom rather than look at the problem is to be willfully ignorant.

They don't have to. Humans are merely semi-domesticated animals. When the masses come across data that confirms their biases, they immediately internalize it. That's how they're controlled. When people feel no sense of responsibility, no matter what the unintended consequences of their actions. They get swept along the past of least resistance. I suppose that, in the end, humans are designed to follow the easiest path.

I'm inclined to blame this on population boom. I'm sure I could be proved wrong but in a smaller population you could probably find something to do to benefit other people and be valuable but now chances are by the time you're born theres already thousands of people who can do what you can do, or are already doing it.

then the jews come in and take the cheapest of the gang to do that task

I like the Xbone case it just needs better cooling.

When SHTF most women will die because they're damn useless, they can't even cook now days.

Don't ever trust a female during SHTF because she will most likely back stab you for a male or her family.

As someone who used to be obese and someone who hangs out with some fat people, its not that. The biggest problem with fat people is that they're too lazy to do anything about their situation. I've known really fat chefs that make everything they eat, the problem is that he doesn't want to exercise or go outside. I've also known people that were obese, but wised up, exercised, and ate a healthy diet and they became normal. When a restaurant makes an add, its so they can get people to come to their restaurant so they can stay alive and make a profit, which isn't a bad thing since compared to most countries, having ready to eat food at all is a luxury to some. Eating at McDonalds once won't make you have a heart attack after eating it, no its having a bad diet and not doing any work to your body. Most of the people that are obese and don't want to do anything about it have poor outlooks on life and are in a bad state of mind.

sage for being off topic

Exercise has little to do with weight loss. It's vitally important for general health, and I wouldn't recommend anybody lose weight without some form of exercise routine (especially weight training so that you body isn't just breaking down muscle for nourishment - resulting in skinnyfats at best, and serious cardiovascular problems at worst).

It really, really, just comes down to CICO. Calories In - Calories Out. Exercise burns a pathetic amount of calories for the effort put in, and I think that's a stumbling block for a lot of fatties, since they think they have to burn their weight off with cario and end up making no progress, getting sweaty and uncomfortable, and likely fucking up their knees in the process since they have shit form.

Some of these fatties require 3,000~5,000kcals a day just maintaining their massive fucking frames. All they have to do is calculate their BRM using their ideal weight, and then only eat that many calories a day. They'd only have to cut a 500kcal deficit once they were within about 50lbs to their goal to keep up the pace of loss.

This is how Planet Fitness's predatory business model keeps them rolling in profit. They goddamned well know most of the fatties that come in there are only doing so to take selfies to post on the twitters, and even the ones who actually think they'll do themselves some good by working out, will justify their shitty eating habits with "well, I did good today - I should treat myself". They even actively shame and then kick out anybody who's actually putting in effort to their workout because it "intimidates" the fatties. So the fats just get fatter and fatter, and keep coming back to "work off" their weight by lazily flopping their legs against an elliptical.

Almost none of them ever catch on to the scam. If they quit at all, it's because they're so lazy that they can't even be bothered to put up the pretense anymore.

wasn't there some fitness instructor who only ate junk food but counted the calories and lost weight? I don't think it was strictly Mcdonalds but it was a lot of snack foods and he just ate less than 2k a day or whatever and lost 23lbs just to prove a point.

Just become vegetarian fam. I used to be chubby and now I'm not. It's not even that hard to do. Fatties have less willpower than you realize, as other anons have said, a big part of it is calories in - calories out. And yes, your body does store some fat, but say you're 150 lbs, you eat a burger, now you weigh 153 lbs, at least you know you can't gain anymore than that unless you eat more.

a 3lb burger, fucking imagine.

That was a science teacher, and his class planned the diet. And, it really was McDonalds for a month.

say you got a half-pounder at a restaurant + plus the buns and shit + fries + drinks and you can easily gain 3 lbs, granted you will lose most of that 3 lbs before the day is over just by shitting and pissing a lot of it out

Deep.

So you gain nothing? I think you are saying you are valegetarian because you can't watch yourself around meats.

you don't gain nothing, because your body will probably store some of that
exactly, I am not an active person, going all veggie is the only way for me to stay fit. If you exercise a lot or are even a moderately active person you can easily get away with eating meat (hell, a lot of people do) but I can't with the lifestyle I live, it's not about ethics or any of that nonesense

You can burn digital goods to a disc to make it physical, and keep doing so if the original disc gets damaged, is the thing.

I have some games on physical media, usually the trouble with them is that they get outdated and in some times you're forced to update it before it can be played.

You can eat meat, just keep it within your calorie budget. Stick to lean stuff like chicken or fish, and if you eat port or beef - then try to get low-fat ratios.

Fat itself isn't actually all that fattening. Most of your calories in a Big Mac are coming from all the goddamned sugars they put in the bun and that shitty mayo/special sauce. 330kcal without the bun. 560 with a bun.

Carbs have their place, but goddamned - it has to be sparingly. At least with the beef you're getting protein, which is a hell of a lot more important because sources for protein are much fewer in the average diet than sources of carbs are.

Delete what?

Absolutely, and I completely agree. For me personally it's just easier to go vegetarian. I'm not marketing it as an end-all to the obesity epidemic or anything like that, but what I am trying to say is that it is an easy way to stay lean if you don't get any exercise in. Most fatasses are not only not active but they way overdo it on the carbs, they just have no willpower, it's fucking sad. You have to change either your lifestyle or your diet, you can't have it both ways.

Reading this in their voices makes it worthwhile.

I guess I can see that. I just stuck to an alternating fast - where I only eat between 3pm and 9pm. It's hard to pack in over 2,000kcals in that time frame unless your diet is REALLY shit, and usually there's other shit to keep me busy so that I don't have time to be sitting around stuffing my face anyhow.

Supposedly the extended periods of time between eating windows allows the blood glucose to maintain a sustained low level which optimizes ketosis (fat burning) or some other bro-science horse shit. It just keeps me from grazing, which is where a lot of fatties end up fucking up their calorie budgets.

Didn't steam have some kind of restriction for disc backups? Like a certain limit to how many times you could burn discs?

No.
But multi "disc" installs don't work with offline mode as of like 2015

user, Steam IS synonymous with PC gaming; even if you can avoid it thanks to piracy, money is still power and Valve get all of the bucks out there in the PC market with no real competitors.

For now…

Hello Reddit

Taking hyperbole literally is a sign of autism user.

those are tasty looking french fries tbh

I bet you don't even like Brocolli faggot.

Organic broccoli tastes significantly better than non-organic. Hell, most vegetables do, fuck Monsanto and (((Gorge Soros)))

Organic/Non-Organic has nothing to do with it. Mostly taste and texture differences come down to farming conditions, hybridizing to extend shelf life or survive shipping better, and other such techniques that are a byproduct of industrial scale farming. Most "organic" foods are grown on smaller farms where the soil hasn't been nearly as fucked up by over-farming or not rotating their crops properly because the subsidies are too good to pass up.

There's also a bit of a placebo effect, bolster by
more "upscale" produce retailers like Whole Foods buying the best of a lot to sell as "organic" at a markup - while outlets like Walmart and Food Lion will buy basically the lowest cost shit and damaged produce because they know there's a good chance much of it will rot on the shelves before their fatshit customers buy anything remotely healthy.
Organics is a nutrition meme.

But why?

What the fuck are you talking about nigger? Physical retailers allow you to browse a catalogue of video games that are unheard of to sub mainstream unlike online retailers who just place mainstream trending shit on the front page and expect you to find what you're looking for rabdomly or wait until said sub mainstream game becomes popular to find it

It's worth considering that organic and non-organic vegetables are grown from the exact same sets of Monsanto-produced seeds.

Nintendo does it, they artificially stagger their stock to seem like they just can't fulfill demand in order to generate more demand. If they were to move their consoles to purely online, Nintendo could still make it work, because for whatever reason the mouth breathers continue to fucking buy their games despite the fact that Nintendo only makes like 3 a year.

"Organic food" is still the same food stuffs. That's where they fucking get you with the marketing. They advertise all kinds of bullshit, like how "organic food doesn't use pesticides in the growth of their crops" as if they have magic fucking beans that automagically repel insects. There's no such thing as farming without pesticides. It's all a marketing ploy, it's a scam.

You know what a genetically modified organism is? A lot of people hear the term GMO and they think "oh, they must have injected it or bathed it in radiation in a laboratory, how awful!" Genetic modification when it comes to food stuffs is the crossbreeding of two strains of the same species.

You know what real corn looks like? If you think it looks anything like the corn you can buy in a store, have I got news for you. There's no such thing as wild corn in your store. All corn food stuffs that you can buy are all genetically modified already, which is why they all have so many kernels of corn and why they all look like the typical "ear" of corn, aka "corn on the cob." The cob is a product of genetic modification, before that corn was basically all in a pouch like leaf.

The fact of the matter is, GMO have saved over a BILLION lives. Billion with a B. But irresponsible people who don't understand what a GMO is continue to protest and shit in the pool and tell countries that are literally starving to death "you should let your people keep starving, these genetically modified food stuffs is bad for you" and they fucking listen. There are people who are NEEDLESSLY starving to death because someone doesn't understand what a GMO is and will tell you never to eat them.

There's no such thing as farming without pesticides, GMO are NOT lab experiments, and the lab experiments that you CAN find info on the internet about – ARE NOT SOLD AS FOOD PRODUCTS. They do that shit as science experiments to see what the effects on the plants are, but no one is being sold corn with spider venom in it for fuck sake.

You're not going to get cancer from eating food, because we make sure not to sell food that could cause cancer to people. Except for bananas and cigarettes. Those will give you cancer, and they're not going to be pulled from your store shelf any time soon.

Bananas give you cancer? Since when? Is this the same shit like with eggs and cholesterol?

Get out, faggot.

Retail is already dead were I live, next day delivery of whatever shit you want.

Don't really miss it.

Sheesh. Trump voters, am I right?

On paper it should reduce vidya prices significantly (see: early days of Steam), in practice retards will probably still pay full price for digitally distributed games on release but you will see price drops if you play the long game and wait 2-3 years to pick up new games. Also hunting down older vidya will be much easier for obvious reasons. It'll also make it much easier for AA developers to get sales and that's actually a good thing (the rise of Steam was a result of physical stores reducing their PC sections to only the Sims and WoW expansions, lack of variety is becoming a thing with consoles also).
The rise of indie shovelware on Steam isn't an issue of digital distribution, it's an issue of Valve being fucking retarded and lacking competition to punish that retardism. Basic curation of new games would have prevented it.

Consoles already have the downsides of digital distribution (DLC, shit games on release, locked down online) so it's about time they got the benefits (cheaper games, at least in the long-term). Hopefully we'll see Valve's monopoly get diluted as a result of console games going to alternative platforms though, some competition would be great.

Time, this current generation was really a bit of a flop disguised by weebs buying PS4s and people in general buying the new generation of consoles because it's the standard thing to do then realising there was fuck all reason to bother (they're unlikely to make the same mistake next gen unless both consoles have massive lineups of quality exclusives on release). If you look at it from another way even the last generation should have flopped but it was almost entire carried by the adoption of retard-proof multiplayer where previous consoles were sold mostly on exclusives and cheap hardware.

The problem with selling consoles more or less only on retard-proof multiplayer is Valve, Blizzard and the like have just dumbed down PC games the same way by adding matchmaking. Slap on cheaper games and no paying for online multiplayer and unsurprisingly casuals have begun to move to Steam as a result. The only way to save consoles (and what I suspect Sony will eventually do) is to go back to making specialised games on loss-leader hardware and abandon multiplayer-focussed shit but that'd mean a cut in income and always-growth businessmen can't handle that.

If Rockstar wasn't a bunch of greedy kikes they would have allowed people to host private GTA servers. That way PC would have largely hacker free dlobbies while console players would have such bad lobbies.

I think they're very, very mildly radioactive but not to the degree you should be concerned about if you aren't eating ~60 a day. No idea if that's what he was talking about.

Also, don't forget that the people who go to these gyms usually work out for about an hour. As soon as they get home, they sit their fat asses on the couch and never get back up for the day. 30-60 minutes of exercise a day ain't gonna do much good if you aren't active throughout the rest of the day.

Even before they started jewing people for online money in V they used P2P in IV because R* (North) are actually fucking terrible at making games on a technical level and historically have been even worse at porting them properly (this latter problem has been fixed recently by R* Leeds doing some good work). Little things like turning off the 30fps cap in San Andreas breaking swimming and making it possible to cut your own throat with the knife, for example, or the whole list of technical issues in GTA IV (higher framerate = faster driving in MP races) give it away. Hell even look at how they made Max Payne 3's unskippable cutscenes all claim to be 'loading the game' when it isn't actually doing fuck all because they just guessed how long it would take for the slowest console to load and hardcoded that wait time for everyone. R* North are incompetent devs.

This isn't as bad. It's the contrast between the realistic coloring and unrealistic form that gets me.

Is that Fagioli?

Isn't that what Sega did? They pissed off Walmart and so they refused to sell Saturns?

Now that the US has universal healthcare people are going to find out EXACTLY how much obesity costs. Every person in US will directly PAY for fat people.

There is going to be a pogrom. No more coke a cola and hamburgers in the school cafeteria. America is going to have to change. Mandatory morning exercise brought to you by your healthcare provider.

That's just the problem with consoles. Digital was supposed to bring prices of games down which was a fucking lie since development of games have gone up. For developers/publishers to make profit they would have to sell games at $100 which we all know the consumer won't pay for that shit unless the game is extremely well optimized and offer an amazing value. To counter this developers and publishers put out DLC, Season Passes and Microtransactions. We have been seeing games go down and some are at the $30 range but not many are like that. What the gaming industry needs is to bring back AA gaming. AAA is done for either way. Don't forget that wages hasn't gone up but prices have risen. Steam takes a cut too when games are sold.

It is funny that you bring up amazon, since they are beginning to open up brick and mortar stores as well as same-day groceries. I wouldn't be surprised if the amazon equivalent to Walmart appeared in the future.

But that's bullshit. If I go to the store and get some organic peanut butter and look at the label, it says one thing: Peanuts.
I get JIF and it's got vegetable oil, sugar, salt, and all sorts of other bullshit I don't care about. I'm not saying all organic products are better, but you should definitely look at the label to see how "natural" and "organic" it is.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAAHHAHA

Hospitals already can't turn you away if you're dying. They have to treat you, regardless of if you can't pay or not. It's only non-immediately life-threatening treatments that they can refuse if you don't have the cash. So who picks up the check for those emergency treatments? You do. Higher insurance premiums, and higher taxes from more grant money going to hospitals from the state/fed to keep them afloat. That leads to higher insurance premiums to compensate - which means less people being insured/more underinsured - meaning more people waiting until conditions are life-threatening before seeking treatment… and the cycle continues with a positive feedback loop until the entire system breaks down.

There are only two solutions floating around that are guaranteed to work to break that cycle and bring medical costs down. Either universal health-care to treat medical problems when they are minor and cheap (as opposed to waiting until it requires major surgery), or just allowing hospitals to turn away emergency cases if they don't have the cash. Which… yeah, a LOT of people are going to die and it'll be a huge shitshow… but premiums will come down as a result, and that will lead to more people being insured both due to reduced costs - and because they have no other option if they want medical treatment.

But nobody has the balls to act on either solution.

i'm a guy that lifts i-beams and builds things so i can't really afford to cut calories. i just hopped on a keto diet recently and it seems to be working well. dropped a pants size in two weeks
though that may just be because i stopped drinking a case of beer a week

Yeah, definitely avoid processed sugars and especially high fructose corn syrup.

Oi, it's mostly niggers and spics that are obese.

I avoid GMO because I want to give my money to local farmers, not giant shit tier corporations. Agreed with you about organic food, though.

you underestimate how stupid american working and middle class are

Correction. how stupid people are in general

Every other civilized country on earth already has universal health care, that has much better coverage, and they're all having obesity problems too. Not quite as bad as the US, but close. Ideally what you're saying would happen, but history has shown that it probably won't.

hnnggggggggggg

T H I C C ! !
H
I
C
C
!
!

More often than not, they don't know they shat themselves. When you're that fat, it gets harder for your body to keep the shit backed up inside of you. It's because you're sphincter muscle fails. Now, a lot of that may just be sweat. There's a lot of moisture coming from the anus and it has nowhere to go with all of those jelly rolls keeping it trapped.

That's disgusting, but it's something that was created out of tradition. It's also only done once a month from what I've read on it. If you lose all of your gains from a few slices of pizza then you have greater issues to deal with.

You aren't fit. At best, you're skinny fat. If you don't stress your body, you aren't putting on muscle and that only works for moms and teenage girls.

You change both. A healthier diet is your new lifestyle. If you can't do that, then you're going to remain a lard ass. Eating like a rabbit isn't going to stop you from being a fat faggot either. You need to work out to gain muscle. That doesn't necessarily mean lifting weights in the gym, but I doubt you're doing heavy lifting at work.

You don't need to stay there for hours at a time (more than 1-2). Unless you're doing cross country, most of that is going to be wasted.

As soon as they get home, they sit their fat asses on the couch and never get back up for the day. 30-60 minutes of exercise a day ain't gonna do much good if you aren't active throughout the rest of the day.
This is true. A sedentary lifestyle is awful. Working out does help them, but they aren't getting the full benefits if they just sit around all day. They need to get moving throughout the day as well.

That's not going to help much if that's all they do. People are going to have to get more active. Kids will have to go out and play more often rather than staying indoors on the couch. You don't need to keep them out for hours at a time like some hobo, but they do need to get out. That includes the faggots in this thread. Just because you aren't a hamplanet doesn't mean that you're in shape. If you have no muscle, then you're still a faggot.

Digital prices are still high, because enough people are willing to pay those prices. Just look at mmo expacs. They charge the price of brand new game game for what amounts to a new patch. Just look at mobile games. mobas and mmos. They can survive by turbo-jewing their players because there are enough whales to keep them afloat.

Is that why GMO fruits taste like nothing Monsanto cocksucker? Genetic modification is genetic modification, not crossbreeding which has been done for hundreds of years with plants and livestock. Choke on Roundup.

I had problems with my hands for 2 years, i couldn't bathe or use the bathroom by myself and it was the worst fucking thing ever. To think these people are perfectly healthy and can't restrict their diet enough to stop it from being a disability is alarmingly sad and stupid.

That's not because of GMOs you retard, it's because the fruit is picked when it's still immature so that it doesn't spoil or get damaged before it makes it to the store shelves.

Fruit will ripen even after it's been picked, but if it doesn't ripen on the tree/vine, then it's going to taste like bland shit.

Considering that organic farmers use DDT, despite its status as a banned pesticide, I'll take my chances with roundup.

I hate this image, not because of its smug aura, but because of the fact that there's cut+paste artifacts in the background on both sides of Asuka which absolutely ruin the image and the real one is lost in time in some obscure print in a flooded basement in japan.

>tfw I had the full sized image in a HD that died nearly a year ago

I've bought blueberries and watermelon that are ripe as shit and taste like fucking nothing from the bigger farmer's markets. You're still wrong.

Got any proof?

ALL-RANGE MODE

Yeah, no shit… like I said, the fruit will riped off the Vine/Tree, but if they're not allowed to riped ON the plant - then they won't get the water and nutrition they need to fully develop their flavor. They end up being bland and fiberous.

I have my own Blueberry bushes, and at the end of the season (right about now) you have to pick the fruit while it's still undeveloped or else the birds and shit will get what few are being produced. You leave them out on the cupboard for a day or two and they ripen right up. But they still taste like bland fiberous shit compared to the fruit you get at the beginning and height of the season because you picked them too early.

Store produce is exactly the same way, but they are picking their's early so they don't fully ripen until they're on the store shelves. It's a problem a lot of "organic" store don't have an issue with since they tend to buy from smaller and more local farms.

I love my fig tree but those beetles are the biggest pain in the ass I have had to deal with. At least with wasps I can just spray the nest with poison or use a makeshift flamethrower if I want to give a middle finger to wasps.

fucking this. the GameStop at the local mall is starting to look more and more like the """nerdy""" section of hot topic

One issue is fat people actually get more efficient at using food. I don't know why, but fatties tend to need fewer calories, so if a fatty loses all the weight, and stays on that 2k maintenance diet, they will put on weight til they are fat again. Their body needs about 400-500 calories less than a normal person.

It makes plateaus all that more harder to break, because you're eating like someone who is 200lbs, but you're staying at 280 and think something is wrong with the calorie counting software.

I don't know of the metabolism ever springs back from that, but living on 1500 for the rest of your life is a lot harder than 2k.

MMOs are a bit of a special case since they have long-term costs beyond development, also some had quality expansion packs (see: GW1). My point was more that you did get cheap digital games in the early period of Steam before publishers realised they could jew you for normal AAA prices while slashing their own costs.

Sounds like bullshit fatlogic to me, user. I was between 240 and 275 for most of life, and in the last three years trimmed down to 160. Haven't had any trouble maintaining on a 2,000 kcal diet, and I'm a lazy fuck who spends most of the time he should be exercising playing video games and shitposting.

Never ran into the issue when looking up weight loss stories and tips. Mostly I just went with the general scientific and medical consensus on the topic (which never mentioned that) and it worked like a charm.

If it happens, that's the first I heard of it. Usually metobolic changes tend to swing in the opposite direction - people can consume MORE kcals than the average person, which is usually indicative of something wrong with their GI tract slowing the rate of absorbtion. There is hypothyroidism, but much to dismay of fat tumblerinas everywhere, it only accounts for about 5~10lbs of excess weight - and it's not caused by being fat. Usually it's caused by damage to the thyroid by infection, auto-immune disorders, developmental defects, iodine deficiencies, etc.

Most likely cause is that fat people and recently fat people have problems counting calories. When they go off their cuts, they slip and over-indulge past their maintenance.

the body cannot do that you stupid cunt. It can lose muscle simply because you don't eat enough to sustain it, but the body CANNOT burn muscle.

Wait a minute, so are you telling me my workout routine is pointless?
I'm a skinny guy, I started working out 4 months ago. I weighed 164 lbs and I 6'1. Since I started working out, I gained 11 lbs, I ate more and really started caring about my diet.

I work an office job, so I'm sitting on my ass for about 10 hours if you include the commute, I get up and walk around, maybe do a few push ups and jumping jacks but most of my work is ass sitting or standing. Then I get home, and I sit on the computer till its time for bed.

Workout routine is this:

Diet:

Is this bad? So far I've gotten bigger arms, my upper body is more proportionate to my lower, my chest has gotten bigger, my thighs are much less flabby.
I've been following the activetrax program at the local YMCA.

Also, 64 ounces of water per day at the least, no shit snackfoods and no soda.

You just replied to a post saying that exercise is bad for weight loss and only good for gains. Did you read the first sentence of his post and then immediately jump to make your blogpost?

I don't think the Retro market will be effected as it's a collector's market. People are more and more wary to buy high ticket items over ebay and to collectors condition matters. Retail itself won't die. Perishables aren't things anybody wants to buy online, and people like instant gratification, and are willing to pay a little more to have shit NOW rather than half a week from now.

Is retail going to shrink in terms of "Shit I want but can wait for", sure, but things people need ASAP or want to inspect before purchase aren't going anywhere. Not to mention the whole ordeal of trying to beat scalpers to buy in-demand shit online versus going to a retail store and getting it with less hairpulling.

Exercise is good for weight loss, it just depends on what your current fitness level is. If you already have muscle and need to lose paunch, diet and cardio will do more for you. If you're completely out of shape and generally fat, ANY exercize is important, and will lead to weight gain, but the weight you gain will be muscle, which when coupled with diet and cardio will lead to net weight loss.

Skinnyfuck user sounds like how I was when I enlisted. Tall skinny fuck with no muscle mass. Enlisted with a 32" waist at 6'3 and 165 pounds, passed Basic with a 29" waist at 180 pounds. Passed follow on training at 32" waist, 220 pounds. (BMT diet is high protein, but lean as fuck. Follow On Training diet is the base chow hall, so personal discipline is required. Gaining back weight is normal.)

Exercise is important for getting fit. Not so much for losing weight. Unless you're in a career (or lack of career) where you can spend most, or all, of your time exercising, you're not going to burn enough calories exercising to actually lose weight. Diet is far more important to weight loss than exercise.

The thing is, if all you do is diet, then when you lose weight you're going to be just as unattractive as you were when you were fat because you'll have a bunch of loose skin just flopping around uselessly. So…exercise will make you look better when dieting loses you weight.

Muscles burn calories, and I'm not saying someone go full /fit/, diet plays a bigger part for sure, but exercise improves results, and honestly gaining muscle mass is usually healthier in the long run, especially once you hit middle age.

Very plausible. I heard this on a TED talk about weightloss, trying to convince people losing weight is impossible because only 5% keep the weight off.

I hate you retards and I hate the fact that you seem to be outnumbering the non-retards by a huge margin.

Another one!

What if I want to maintain my weight but lose fat? Is the low carb/high fat diet a meme or does it really work?

RETARDS GUIDE TO NOT FAT

LEVEL OF IMPORTANCE
1. SET FOOD LIMIT PER DAY BY CALORIE

THERE IS ONLY ONE STEP
EXERCISE IS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE CAREERS THAT MANDATE BEING STILL FOR EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF TIME, OR WANT TO BE FIT

TRUST ME
I AM 7' 195lbs

That's it. This shit can get complex if you want it to, if you're into body sculpting, but it doesn't have to be. You can get decent layman gain by just spitballing it.

Sounds simple enough. I'm going to start.

workout and don't eat a shit ton.

this one is gay and i hate it.