Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

So I've been playing this for a few hours now and I'm liking it so far. If you've played it, what are your opinions?

Post some gameplay videos next time

Looks like its done by tumblr.

Indie studio, which isn't one step away from tumblr, definitely inspired by Legend of Zelda and Harvest Moon games from what I've been reading and watching about the game.

The game broke for me so I couldn't progress. Don't do anything in that town where you learn carpentry unless it's part of that main quest to fix the ferry. I did stuff before that and it fucked up the quest line so the head of the carpenter, nor her husband, would not offer me any quests whatsoever to join the carpentry guild which is required to fix the ferry and travel across the sea.

"Done by hipsters" is more accurate. tumblr aesthetics are just a symptom. There are hints of it while playing such as bad puns and some reliance on references.

Ehh.. It's a pretty inoffensive aesthetic, if you ask me. Not nearly as bad as YIIK or Ooblets, which are both trying to channel that Hipster-as-fuck, Steven Universe-loving, "don't cyberviolence me you shitlords, teehee!" vibe.

I've played for probably about four hours now, and I'm left conflicted. I like the game, but I don't like it.
I don't like

I didn't have anything go wrong in that town, so far at least.
What I hate is that it's confusing to figure out where to go and where you have been. I can't remember where my farm is and I can't tame animals and get them there, that's the biggest flaw so far IMO.

Also the map really needs a legend, I have no idea what half the icons mean.

I really like this artstyle and I don't fucking understand why people dislike it

I deliberately did not post any gameplay videos because I wanted to know the opinions of people who have actually played the game, not watched footage of it.

I agree. Once you explore an area on the map and it's on your map, there aren't enough, or really any, landmarks or things you can put on your map. Like those stone statue turning puzzles. I found two, but I'll be damned if I remember where they were.
Farms are on the map as a garden looking icon
Yes, I agree, I'm having issues with this too which is why I did it once and never bothered again.

Oh yeah, there is a farm icon, well this is exactly why the game needs a legend for the different icons on the map. Just figuring out which NPC I talked to already took me a while. It just seems a bit unfinished in a lot of ways.

Now that's a punchable face if I ever saw one

How's combat?

There is none.

I hope you're talking about YIIK because if you're talking about Ooblets you should kill yourself. Anyway, people don't like these games because the main characters are like stupid coffee shop loitering cigarette-worshiping fucks who will unironically say "true communism has never been tried" or "mind my pronouns garbage baby shitlord." Hits too close to home for me because I am related to one of those people; I don't want to play a game where all the good guys are like that unless I'm making fun of it.

So it's like terraria or minecraft, but without combat AND building?
What do you even do in there? It doesn't look like a walking sim with that inventory screen
It's a puzzle game?

Well, you can arrange a farm with different buildings and you can craft things to sell to merchants.
I've only come across two basic puzzles. It's like a walking simulator with some adventure elements thrown in, but once you craft the stuff for bridges that's it?
It's like a game that has good concept and nice looking world, but with no real objectives or in-depth mechanics.

so outside of the animal crossing artstyle, it sounds like My Summer Car would be a preferavble game to fuck around in. I haven't played it but I've heard plenty of good things about it from Holla Forumsirgins

You sure you don't mean the other way around?
YIIK looks like dogshit where Ooblets (though still shit) looks like a knock-off Katamar Damacy.

Oh right, this is the game where the protagonist looks like a woman with a beard. Yeah the hype for that didn't exactly make it look good. It actually looked pretty awful.

I actually heard good things about these games.

You're a lying faggot, then.