wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

Mumble Info down below

Label: Swamp
Address swamp.li
Port 64738

Post your Switch Code/Nintendo Network ID here for extra fun times:

Got any dank squid memes post it in the thread whenever you can

Remember to post in-game screenshots directly for best quality;

Switch Version(Posted from an user previous thread)
As far as I know there are 3 options.

A micro SD card can be inserted into a slot under the Switch's stand. You can transfer screenshots to and from the card either one at a time or en masse from Data Management in the system settings. Any screenshots taken while the card is in seem to get saved to the card. Be advised that inserting the card requires a restart.

The other options involve social media, how dreadful. If I were to recommend one over the other, well, I've tried to make a twitter account to make squidverse posts and while making the account itself was no problem i then had to claim a username, while i was doing that it decided I was acting like a spam bot and demanded my phone number. Beware of that.

[Wii U Version]

—————————————————————

Does anyone like to use abilities to make fun builds? Post your favorite ones!

?CURRENT NEWS:

SPLATFEST RESULTS

The first splatfest for Splatoon 2 went underway concluding that Mayo won all across the Regions from NA to JP,and people are not
happy about the results, this being Ketchup(Won the Popular vote). Due to this only Ketchup vs Ketchup players happened and being a common match rate
Which some say didn't help contribute to the win percentage

AUGUST DATA MINE

A BIG DATAMINE just happened with Splatoon 2. New weapons, Maps, Models where located in the source code from the recent patches.
Rumor has it Octolings might be playable
This is still unconfirmed so its just a Rumor and should be treated as such

?VERY IMPORTANT:
Object Shredder destroys Ink Armor and Rainmakers shield

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/VEDFNg
leanny.github.io/splat2/#tabs-2.
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=woomy
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/895571166554750976
youtu.be/uD0L_WByuzg?t=25s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck you Holla Forums I didnt upload that

The Ghost of Cripple Kike is still watching over us

This is what sub power up does

And Special power up

WOOMY SWAG

WOOMY SWAG

WOOMY SWAG

WOOMY SWAG

so in samurai kingdom they refer to the octolings you fight as takozonesu (amazon). what would they call the males then? or perhaps taco zone just refers to some special forces team and they would normally call them octolings. after all, they refer to inklings the same as we do.

i dont know if i really want to play as an octoling. but i would love to have some on my team once in a while. theyre pretty cute.
i wonder if theyd have multiple hair styles too. i feel like theyd have to if they wanted them to be any sort of popular, not that theres anything wrong with the default. though i think it would make sense for them to be a little uncommon.

its a good image

Ability ups are kind of shitty in this one, huh?

any idea if sub power up would increase throwing range on bomb rush?

discord.gg/VEDFNg

fuck off

Naw, Im good dont worry.

So were the Octolings also being mind raped by D.J. Octavio, or were the shades just for freshness?

Why is Splatoon 1 so much better? I played that game endlessly and this game just isn't holding my attention. I really do like Salmon run and some of the new power ups, but everything else feels like a cheap copy. I really dislike Pearl, Marina is alright but squid sisters a best.

maybe because splatoon is actually shit, it's literally the same fucking game you dip

Why don't you post what is effective then?
The guy's research in the vid looks pretty on point. Having a small time extension on raincloud looks to be near useless.

Yeah it pretty much is but I feel the maps are better in the first and it's just more charming.

Eat shit ketchup fags.
There was even one fagala in my Incopolis who had the banner saying "If mayo wins I will throw my switch in the lake" hope he did

PSST

CUNTBOYS

The larger radius for tenta missiles would be much better than the small area extend of splashdown since you'll have a much better chance getting more targets, especially if the map is narrow. Just being able to paint another target would be worth on the missiles.
The others are up for debate though.

that larger radius makes no fucking difference.
As always, just dump more into swim speed.

tfw no cuntboy bf to trib with (also that feel when not a cuntboy)

OCTOLINGS ARE SUPERIOR

Males would probable be called something related to Herculese if going by the Greek naming convention.

How do you feel about the absences of certain power moves like the Kraken, Inkzooka, Bubbler, or the Echolocator?

DLC

Only the Bubbler is DLC methinks. Kraken was replaced by the Baller, Inkzooka by Tenta-Missiles, and Echolocator is just removed.

There's an entire list of datamined weapons here leanny.github.io/splat2/#tabs-2.

Not sure if these are all the ones that will become DLC or not, but here's hoping that there's more to come.

90% of the hate for furfags comes from people being anally annihilated over how much better they are at trolling than everyone else.

Go back to drawing your fursona getting fucked by a neon rainbow dildo, faggot.

t. gaycommunity

All you had to do was not reply.
Come on guys.

With tenta missiles, "larger radius" means the targeting reticle, not the explosions. The circle gets bigger so you can lock onto more targets. Bunch of retards in here arguing about shit you don't even know.

It's ok, I still love you user

hotwheels did nothing wrong

I kind of hate how he just boils everything down to essentially, "oh this is so useful and this other thing is trash". Like fuck off. Every ability is useful in some way to someone. You should pick abilities based on how you play or how many times you say to yourself, "if only X"
Each of these things can generally be compensated for, you should use abilities to supplement your style best. Just make a note of how often you wish you had just a little more.

How can you solve the problem of the more popular team getting matched with the other team less? Because that's more or less what caused Ketchup to fail in NA and EU, despite having well over the majority of the playerbase, the few actual matches against the other team we lost, is there any real way of getting around this, or is that just the way Nintendo is balancing the splatfest with the new scoring system

Alternatively, can we just go back to wins+popularity multiplier?

that would be pretty cool but theres only one herc.

i only really miss them because they were iconic. great material for the imagination to run away with. hell the ink strike rocket was even made into a quad bike in mario kart 8 deluxe. now squids can parodius.
the new specials arent quite as game changing or terrifying which might be better gameplay wise but were probably not going to see them "memed" as hard, if you will.

no system like this is going to be perfect because its hardly an organized contest.
what might be fair though, is if there was a large enough discrepancy in the popularity of the 2 teams that it would be quicker to match up same team vs same team matches so they can at least get in to the flow of battle and not get put in to games against people who have had more than enough chance to warm up.

how long did you typically have to wait for ketchup vs ketchup matches? i even had a few mayo vs mayo games, and sometimes it would find those matches really fast.

I don't think those specials will be re-added to the game. First Splatoon was bad enough with feature creep. Pkus it wouldn't match the lore. If anything they'll add entirely new specials.

Would it be better to use the ratio of wins and losses taking higher priority or the number of matches?

Ketchup lost because most kids picked ketchup. Most higher end players will pick the team that's less popular because they know it means fewer low-skill players are in it as well. Also remember that popularity didn't help ninjas back then.
The best you can do is play your best, ketchup just barely lost wins, so it was quite close.

>Try out rapid blaster for fun in turf war

Am I missing something with the rapid blaster here? Should I be going for the damage from bursts instead? It did lower damage when I test it at the firing range.

yeah these splatfests feel a lot closer if nothing else.

sounds like some serious lag if you dont even get a mutual ko after nailing them twice. i really hope i dont see too much of it. the game is so fun when everything goes smoothly, but far less so when crap like that happens.

the bursts and mines do 35 damage while a direct hit does 70.

I'll just keep practicing then.

That brings up another point: How does Nintendo address Marina's overwhelming popularity over Pearl in the west? Two splatfests in and Marina has won in popularity by a longshot both times. The Jap splatfest was the only one where Pearl won popularity, and it wasn't even by that much. Say what you will about either squid sister but both were pretty luvable and each splatfest was usually pretty close in populairty. Pearl is a fugly gremlin that not even Eurofags wanted despite being massive mayochuggers. Other than making the splatfest choices less shit, or at least giving Pearl the less shit of the 2 choices, how do you even fix something like that?

Where Holla Forums sees bait Holla Forums will freak the fuck out about it and bite the hook with all its might, then claim to have known it was bait all along if pressed about it later. So it is as a law of nature.

Reduce the size of her goddamned forehead to match her art in an update and give her a big presentation for it as a "makeover" or "new look". Make a joke about having gotten rid of a prosthetic forehead.

She looks fine. All you need to do is just bring her bangs further down.

I forgot to check, is WiiU Splatoon deader than a doorknob now or did they have anything during mayo vs ketchup?

what pearl does have is that "im goddamn invincible" personality. shes basically squid cirno but also a rapper for extra asshat points. i think shes hilarious.

Callie vs. Marie was the final splatfest for Wii U, to my memory.

You think she'd be less annoying with parappa the rappa's personality?

I've noticed this problem too, almost exclusively with the aerospray. My connection is hardwired and I don't see other signs of lag. I guess aerospray is the ultimate noob tube and can down people almost instantly.

Also, when you're a roller fighting another roller, have you ever been killed by them while rolling over them from behind? I've had this happen twice and it was just bizarre, no signs of them turning at the last moment either

Aerospray's fire rate does really funky shit to people with bad client connections to the group.
It almost doubles in firing speed when your ping is ~140-260

I also swear run speed up doesn't do nearly as much as it did in the first game too. I use to be able to cover the entire kelp dome with three of them stacked + the aerospray, but it seems like anything fun in this game has either been removed or nerfed. hopefully Ninja squid is still a viable strategy.

I am starting to feel like they've toned the game down too much. Then you have gay shit like the tri-slosher dominating simply because everything else sucks more.

Meh, it's much more balanced now so I don't hate it like I used to but I still won't miss it in the sequel.
Its hitboxes were fucking massive so I'm glad it got replaced.
I'm happy it's gone, fuck that over powered get out of jail free card.
I feel indifferent.

Do the abilities even matter at this point?

None of you are wrong and baiting.

furry detected

Swim speed, ink savers, regens, and object shredder.

Special up for certain weapons.
Really only quickspawn and cold blooded are the only useless ones.

What if you are indifferent about a topic, but don't brag about it?

I was told that that made me a traitor fence sitter as well , But enough about that we're getting of topic again

Fenceshitter leave not letting a pre-defined ideology do your thinking for you means you're brainless, ree, etc

And you wonder why people dislike you?

well this splatoon thread went well

Holla Forums was a mistake.

Hopefully it'll cool down later, Also I regret responding to that user earlier even if I was just memeposting, I contributed to this mess and I'm sorry

I don't really miss them. The new specials are less invincibility/area denial focused than the old ones.
Armor seems like the strongest one right now since it covers the whole team and a skilled player can take on multiple opponents with the extra health.

Why do you faggots have to shit up every thread with this?

here is a splatoon 2 board 206.223.147.218/inkopolis/ It isn't active.

I wish Pearl and Marina has more lore to them. All I know is Pearl's singing rapes sound equipment and Marina moved to Inkopolis after the "concert" with the squid sisters.

Were Pearl and Marina an attempt to appeal to westerners? Callie and Marie were obviously Idols, but what are Pearl and Marina? a rap group?… It just seems a bit weird, I can't imagine them doing something like embed related for the two of them.

I don't think so. Their outfits aren't LA ghetto enough. Also Japanese hip-hop is a thing. And their lyrics are in ikanese, not English.

Having not played either Splatoon and having no idea how their personalities play out, in both the japanese and english version, i say give Pearl curls and make her an ojo-sama. That being said, americans fuckin' love ketchup; maybe if the five-head was rocking the catsup flag, she would have had the popular vote this time. No idea how to explain ice cream versus cake, though, since cake is fuckin' fantastic.

marina gives me a bit of a crystal kay vibe. and pearl reminds me of a hip hop version of pamyu pamyu.

but yeah. splatoon in general is very western influenced. i mean, inkopolis is called haikara city. which is both a pun (high color) and the fashion equivalent of westaboo.

yeah, she could absolutely pull off the parappa thing but im not annoyed by her in the first place. its not like she has a one track personality anyways. im just referring to where i see her popularity going.

i think i remember reading that inkopolis square was based off of new york, but other than that splatoons aesthetic in general always felt like radical 90s stuff to me.
i remember some anons saying splatoon 2 felt more like 2000 to splatoon 1s 90s, but the way pearl raps kind of anchors it back in time. its reminds me of those early 80s-90s raps whose lyrics didnt consist of 80% "yeah gangsta".

cake is amazing but i dont think people really have it all that often because its either a bit on the expensive side to buy whole, or a bit of a pain to bake.
if it were cookies vs ice cream i think it would be a bit less imbalanced because people buy stuff like chips ahoy all the time and even the convenient tubes of ready to bake dough arent bad.

This is how it ends. I'm already burned out. Played too much during the splatfest, played each campaign level multiple times, got to a performance level in salmon run that I'll never be able to reach again or improve on unless the weapon selection gods will it. All I can see now is how much work it's gonna take to customize my gear the way I want, and I'd rather watch anime.

Inkopolis Plaza from the first game is inspired by Shibuya Crossing. And the square still has a little Japanese architecture.

I wonder if Inkopolis isn't Japan, but a small land mass on the highest mountain which is now an island. And it was a city built by human's last earth survivors before the flood.

Another interesting question is could there be humans in space living on a space station watching Inkopolis now?
And what if Splatoon takes place in the Metroid universe.

Well maybe you should start playing with other people?

It's a lot more balanced now, but also a lot less fun. The only special that absolutely needed to be removed was bubbler.

You're a fucking defeatest cuck. You can be burnt out if you like, but don't blame the game for your lack of skill or willpower

I'm not so sure she needs fixing. She grows on you.
I didn't like her at first, and she's blatantly less attractive than the pair of them, but she's an aggressive rap artist who was too "edgy" (maybe they meant experimental?) for most of her musical partners and she's a midget with a bad haircut. While she isn't the snarky one in Off the Hook, her body language is still assertive and confident. I find it endearing in a "little sister" kind of way, which is definitely a departure from Callie and Marie's general appeal.
It's up to Pearlfags to become the unbeatable shitheads Pearl wants them to be.

Cake vs Ice Cream felt appropriate enough, at least in NA. They're usually paired or put at odds once a year for the sake of birthday parties, and this is a kids' game after all.

I win 65-70% of the battles I play but I just got to the point where I feel like I can't improve more and I'll be beating my head against a wall.

I'm gonna miss my last second inkstrike wins.
Instead we get this shitty knock off version which is the easiest and most obvious thing to avoid.

Take a moment to actually think while you play, and analyze what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong. Try new weapons. Play with other people . Wait for certain rotations you know you're good at to play ranked.

There's a lot to do to improve. Winning isnt enough, advancing is where it's at. Also the game's only been out a couple of months, there's plenty of free content coming our way just like the first game. More maps, more weapons, more subs and specials.

You'd be surprised how many times i've gotten a kill with the missiles at the start of a game simply because some poor sap's retreat gets cut off at the same time he gets missiled, or he decides to turn around at the wrong time and gets killed by his own momentum as he gets hit by missiles. They're actually really good as long as you get at least 3 people in the targeting circle, and that isn't that hard as long as you know where to stand to get the best angles for locking on.

are you guys fucking retarded, this is a casual team-based game
it's all fucking RNG.

im not too keen on keeping up with muscal trends and anyone whos an enthusiast please correct me if im wrong, but it could be that rapping(which pearl does) has fallen out of style in favor of gangsta rap.
i read somewhere that off the hook isnt necessarily western inspired, at least not entirely, and that the squid sisters and off the hook are based off of different subgenres of jpop.
lucky for westaboos, they get to pick just which parts of a foriegn culture they like so they never have to leave whatever era they find to be the funkiest and most fun. i was trying to look at japanese rap and i ran in to this hilarious ps4 commercial. i remember encountering some music in a style very similar to it in this animutation called earth vs funk years and years ago. so i guess this has all been around for a while.

it would make sense to be in japan, given the territorial disputes between octos and squiddos. japans land mass isnt that big and a lot of it is coastal.
as for being on the tallest mountain, theres plenty of landmass you can see in octo canyon that stands taller than even inkopolis' tallest buildings. or maybe thats the horizon playing tricks on me.

Oh wow Object Shredder actually affects rails?

Nigga, it's just a game. A kid's game at that. Chillax.

I suppose we'll have to see the surface lands outside of Inkopolis. Like areas inspired by Kyoto and Mt. Fuji.

Sage for second post. I want either a national park or an amusement park to be a Splatoon stage. Or hell maybe a playground in a natural park can be a stage.

for real though, is mayo racist?

what did he mean by this?

heres some OC

i sort of remember reading that the portion of the city inkopolis square is in just kind of floated in one day. it could be an artificial island. or maybe floating in was a metaphor for being built up really fast.

But why is it called splat zones if there is only one splat zone

Some maps have two

Well that was fun. Didn't know that still triggers mods here.

Do you recall if it was a squid research lab post or a sunken scroll entry?

and whats the deal with that airline food? it costs an arm and an arm and an arm and an arm and an arm but they still skimp on the croutons.

i feel like it was a research lab report. but it might have been the squid sister stories

The highlight of my career as a salmon egg hunter. (Look at 5:27)

im always sad to see the life rings flying back

New Tech. Time to Lab

What was the mp4? Was it just the twitter video?

It was a Glitch where he tried painting the splatzones but it started glitching out and flashing colors

i had no idea you could squid and "jump" during inkjet. judd had to tell me.
sp im playing around in the shooting range and i have ninja squid on, and where theres some shade i can see the ink in better detail, theres a little texture bump along the path i swam. i wonder if this is just a client side thing.

I know what I was posting. Try learning how to read next time user.

As a new player, I wish I had the problem of being surrounded by people my skill level. Starting Splatoon 1 was an absolute nightmare, since I started at the end of the game's lifespan. Most of my competition are Japanese NEETs and hikikomoris who know the complexities of the game far greater than I'll ever imagine. That makes the game unfun. At least you were able to grow with the game. It's been a desperate struggle for me since the beginning and I'm burning out on that.

Well octobrush became even better.

Uh Oh

Dope as Fuck just reached S rank in Splatzones

so it seems like rerolling and adding slots is not available for money, only snails.

I saw that motherfucker!

Found this podcast from one of the pro teams talking about transitioning to Splat2 as well as some metagame stuff.

Not too much of a loss now that we can scrub gear for chunks as a new money sink.

So what happens when there are no splatfests left and no sea snails? Are players stuck with having to use the ugly three-slot gears because their favorite gears don't have enough slots for competition?

I suspect it will be like the first game, where you get a sea snail for 30 victories or some bullshit. I'm sure there were will some sort of program to hack slots and rerolls like Splathax. It's not like 25% of the playerbase wasn't using Splathax.

You think this woman is related to John Carmack in some way?
Always wondered it

I always thought she looked quite similar to the girl who played Simon Pegg's mom in Shaun of the Dead.

I bought this fucking 1 game piece of shit wii u console I demand a concert this summer

Haha yes.
I only see one unreleased special weapon in the Bubble Blower, though. I hope there's at least one or two more to come.

The main problem with Ink Armor is how responsive it is. Once people start really coordinating as a team, it'll be nigh-impossible to actually fight off teams of people running lol4ink-armor.

Pearl is literally named 'Hime' in Japan, they dropped the ball on conveying her personality to the West at large.

So is there any information on when the brella will get released in multiplayer? I would have thought it would have been one of the first releases seeing how it's already in the single player game but here we are.

In the first game after an update you could add slots or reroll by paying 30,000G. But if they aren't offering that option here in favor of winning X matches for snail then I say that's bullshit. Because this means late game players will be more outclassed than those that joined all the splatfests at launch. It'll be Splatoon's wasteland but worse.

On the bright side the install base should be more active because Switch. So there will hopefully be more splatfests.

You shut your god damned mouth.

I think the important thing to take from this is that Re-rolling, for snails at least, is pointless since you can just scrub and refill the slots that way, it will take more time, but if the snails are worth more anyway, It's probably worth it to keep them and add slots to gear you like

I suppose so. Still it sucks that you need snails to add slots instead of substituting cash. That said having an alternate way of getting snails from wins is a better than no snails and no slots.

I'm saving snails to expand amiibo gear. Afterward I guess I'll stick with the three slot ugly hipster gear until a method of getting sea snails is introduced.

What happened to him anyway? did he die? Also, what happened to the anemone shop keeper?

As with the previous game, adding the missing slots and getting the abilities you want on gear you want to wear for fashion reasons will take time and effort (and less random dice rolls).

She doesn't actually appear in-game, but Annie runs the gear-on-demand service (in the Nintendo Switch Online phone app). Murch namedrops her when you go to buy your order in-game.

besides that, maybe you could murch order upgraded gear if youre attentive.

I don't know if you can order gear with more slots than it had originally. I know you don't get the secondary abilities. Amiibo stuff and grizzco rewards can't be ordered.

Captain Cuttlefish is off doing a super secret mission with agent 3. Annie is running her own online store and hired Spyke to make deliveries and acquisitions (which is why you see him with his laptop now). Jelonzo is presumably still running the shop on the other side of town, but Jelfonzo is a part of Jelonzo that broke off and grew into another jelly, so he's still around in a sense.

Wut

Does anyone know if wearing gear of the same brand does anything? Probably not. But I like to OCD wearing the same brand of gear with my branded weapons.

Research mission? Nah, he's on a comfy fishing trip. :^)
Think Annie and Spyke are in a relationship because of Murch? I mean we got an Octarian as apart of the biggest pop idol pair right now.

brand determines the odds of it rolling certain stats but other than that i dont think it does anything.
i think you can see who does which stats in crust seans drink menu.

also, pic related

So if I'm grinding for chunks then specific brands may help. Not by much. But maybe if I'm looking for a specific ability to stack.

A combination wearing particular brands + Crusty Sean's drinks should get you the chunks you need.

Question: Since Splatoon and Splatoon 2 deal with Jr. High students would anyone read a newspaper publised by Inkopolis Jr. High?

Hold me

i would watch a magical girl cartoon featuring an average middle school squid until one fateful encounter

Then you're still a centrist, but others will never know for sure that you're one.

I prefer Pearl over Marina because while she's less attractive she seems more interesting, because she is a bratty little shit with a bad attitude, and that just yells "more fun" to my tastes.

Maybe as a parody. Wonder if they have an Octarian Rick and Morty.

They captured pearl's face in that art. Enough to remind you of the in game model without seeming like a joke.

Bet you wont post the rest of that

rly makes me thing

Ah ok. I just ordered a shirt from the app. REALLY not happy that the only way I was able to get a shirt with squid ninja was through a god damn cell phone, but at least I have it. Kids play Nintendo games because they're kids, they don't have money, & most don't have cell phones (we're talking really young here, Nintendo demographic). Kids don't have money for paid online & cellphone services. Feels good to be an adult some times.

This Jellyfish gentleman goes by the name Jelfonzo, and he runs Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe. And check out his origin story: one day he just split off of Jelonzo in Inkopolis Plaza, and there he was! I think that makes him Jelonzo’s son? He apparently learned to speak Inkling from an ancient text of some sort, so his speech sounds a bit outdated (to say the least). But don’t let that fool you. When it comes to fashion, this dapper dude is always up on the hottest trends.

— Squid Research Lab

Is that actually how jellyfish reproduce or are they actually overgrown amoebas?

theyre both really growing on me, especially after the splatfest. their characters are starting to flesh out despite noas handiwork. pearl has more chance to shine because she usually speaks first and marina is limited to responding to her, however we see another side of her this splatfest
maybe my assumption that octolings love to tinker with machines and electronics was spot on. her constantly working on the shifty station stage reminds me of her status as a dj, who tends to remix music.
theyre certainly trying their best. and their music is pretty amazing.

If only that were true. The current generation of toddlers is being raised on smart devices. They might not have phones but they have ipads wrapped in nerf foam that are perfectly capable of everything but phone calls. I work retail and every day I see kids being pushed around in a cart with their eyes locked onto a tablet or phone blasting stupid kid cartoons at full volume or playing the same song over and over on youtube.

Maybe Marina is autistic.

Even I didn't believe what I typed, but I posted it anyway.

Since most Octarians are mutant tentacles they need machines to survive. I want a Mad Max style derby for Octarian splatfest.

I'd like marina more of she wasn't always trying to be snarky and sarcastic. Pearls just trying to have fun and marina keeps being a cunt

Blame Treehouse's "translation." Marina is a lot more polite and positive in the original Japanese.

I guess that's what you get for supporting treehouse user.

It's so obvious too because her animation and body language don't match with what she is saying at all

The ironic thing is that Marina's mannerisms to me makes her sound more blunt and honest despite her remarks. To me she's less being a snark ass and more criticising Pearl.

Though I can say licking Crusty Sean's grease trap is a pretty funny line.

That's pretty much the only good way to spin it–that Marina IS autistic and says things in a well-meaning but inappropriately blunt manner. But that's just putting a band-aid on a hole in a dam.

And therefore the perfect /mu/ poster.

Ranked is broken. S+ is now full of the same retards as every other rank, they've just been playing for longer. People still don't know not to super jump into contested areas. People still don't understand how big a deal dying in the splat zone is.
The annoying thing is that ranked is broken in exactly the same way it was in Splatoon 1 at launch (before S/S+ were implemented). It's too easy to rank up, and it never gets harder. Splatoon 1 had the right idea with S+. It was legitimately hard to get there. You had to win more than 2/3 of your games in the final stretch. In 2, you consistently only have to win a slim majority (if that–the cracking stuff is really weird and irritating because it's not transparent, for all I know you can rank up winning less than half of your games). This never changes. The grades of S+ are not a solution to this problem at all, because they work the same way and don't even affect matchmaking as far as I can tell.

the whole " do REALLY good and get boosted TWICE" thing also isn't a very good idea
the only reason I really appreciate it is because they lock away playing with friends until you're B- so it helped make things quick
It feels like they wanted more people to feel good about themselves for actually being able to reach high rank, unlike in the first game where you actually needed damn near perfect win-streaks the higher you went, but ultimately it just watered down high rank
like, theres not really a need for that, people that get their shit pushed in whenever they go past C can just stick to the turf wars if things get too hard
I never made it past A- in the first game, was that frustrating? yes, but its not like it should be any other way, thats the nature of having a competitive mode

What bothers me the most about ranked is that there are legitimately fun game modes that are locked to ranked only. Sometimes I want to just play one of those game modes and not worry about playing poorly because it's not ranked.
Other times I'd like to play those game modes and not run into the same 2-3 weapons nonstop.

Not being ranked might not do much about this but I want to believe that when there's no ranking there might be a bit more variety in weapon choices, regardless of how much of a shitshow some matches would become. Then again, matches becoming shitshows is sometimes part of the fun.

salmonids seem pretty ork/mad max-ish. i can see them collaberating on something like that. they do at least trade, according to the grizzco manual.

i wouldnt really have anything against it other than that we havent gotten to see marina dote on pearl "at all".

I would if Mark wouldn't ban me for it.

oh no my dick

Feels bad.

we need a new race of octoniggers

Hello. Do you know how fast you were memeing? I'm going to need to see all of your inkling reactions, particularly of the default orange squidgirl.

yespls

This shouldn't work in A rank. Why does this work?

i wonder if cold blooded interacts with tentamissiles in any way.

Marina has a fetish for ship building. Maybe she wants to build a cruise ship of her own someday and travel the seven seas.

I don't have enough cold-blooded chunks to make a full set to test.

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=woomy
you know what this is? that is the turning point. when squids started on their irreversible journey to eventually become kids.
hey when are we gonna get ikas clothes again? we are gonna get them right?

That might be a one-time deal. I would not be opposed to it. I wonder what other outfits we can get. I want a Squid Sister costume (male for Callie, female for Marie) and an Off the Hook costume set (Pearl and Marina seperately).

just pretend you're the R.O.B. fag

how do i draw this squigger's face

observation and skill

shes not a squid, shes a fucking octoling

League is good for this, because nothing that happens there lasts past the current rotation. It would be nice to be able to do that solo, though.

why would you save this image

Not hard user.

Sit down for a minute. Furrow your brow. Feel like throwing up a little, or maybe diarrhea, your choice. Smile uncomfortably.
Then check a mirror and draw what you see there.

Really you can look up tutorials yourself. You have access to the internet. Hell go to the drawfag thread if you need to.

But seriously look up how to draw faces. They'll explain contours and anatomy better than I can.

like shes about to sneeze but laughing at the same time. but also giving the double peace sign

oh and also make the shapes in her eyes into hearts

nothing a healthy dose of Loomis can't fix

I finally unlocked the Goo Tuber. It's surprisingly fun to store your charge and ambush a squid. Lnly used it on Turf since I wasn't able to play after splatfest. From my experience if you can't kill every target you see with goo tuber then you can't carry a team.

How's the current meta in ranked? Do I still need object shredder for Rainmaker?

Mostly Tri-sloshers, Octobrushes and Aerosprays from what I've played against. But I just started ranked so I may be wrong. Not sure about Rainmaker either.

i have a hard time believing aerosprays would have any fun in higher ranks

thats the joke

I can believe Aerosprays. So it looks like I'm going to have to leave Octobrush behind and focus on other guns to break the meta.

what's the perfect sensitivity setting on motion controls with a pro controller?

…. should this be allowed?

max

Give her a Le ebin meme faice ecks dee

That's neat. I love load screen easter eggs. Not as good as squid jump, but still fun.

Depends on weapon and strategy. Max stick sensitivity always. If you are using charger or other ranged weapon, you want bottom on motion sensitivity for very fine aiming. If you need to be able to really quickly turn around (like if you are using the dualies) you want your motion sensitivity closer to the middle (but still probably not above center).
Experiment a little on turf war and see where you feel most comfortable.

I've noticed that when the motion sensitivity is at the bottom, 180° with the controller is roughly 180° in-game, so that will give you about 1:1 control, but obviously you'll have issues turning more than about a 90° cone accurately. If somebody hits you hard on the left side, you can't turn to react accurately very easily, so you don't want to be in the middle of the action with the motion all the way down unless you're really quick and accurate with the stick as well.

Squid Jump is so addictive.
I remember the first Global Testfire when Splatoon was new for all of us.
I got all the way up to level 20 on Squid Jump just playing matches during that Testfire.

That's the one change that I knew was probably gonna happen, but sucked regardless. Even then, couldn't they just put the game on the left and cover up all the info about the stages and modes, and put the minigame's hud elements on the top, and then toggle the game using the minus button or some shit?

i wonder if it has anything to do with that copyright on loading minigames. even though its not actually loading anything. maybe the second screen let them somehow get around that,

remember to use only swim speed.

Pretty much what said. Tri-sloshers are quite powerful right now. A powerful main weapon backed up by a good sub and fantastic special will always be great and people have picked up on it. It's kind of like the Luna in the days of yore right now. It's hard to take one of them out without trading and it can spam an area pretty well and each slosh is a large threat. I think the October use is mostly from old roller players who want that near-melee ambush style of play but who couldn't get used to the new vertical flick, but that's a guess.
Don't let go of that goo-tuber though user. If you have fun with a weapon, that's far more important than selling your soul to the meta. Also the fact that the game is less fun when fewer weapon types are seen

Thanks autocomplete I almost said Octobrush, you sure saved me

They just needed an idea to slap on a Octoling so they can make the final, biggest Splatfest ever where people will choose between Squids and Octo.

And that's how Pearl and Marina were born

SplatNet Store is gonna have a 'summer theme' for all the gear it stocks next week.
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/895571166554750976

does the splatnet store offer gear with abilities that dont match their in game store? i know they patched a few of those out, but was it all of them or just certain instances?

I think that's the purpose of the splatnet store, no? to get different main abilities on certain gear?

I wouldn't be so mad about if the matches where I get good teammates don't put all of them on the enemy team the next match. After staying months in the s 40 rank hell I get dragged into the old hell again.

literal protip: turn your squidkid the direction you want to face and press Y. It isn't just for calibration.

Ranking system in this game is so awful

Salmon Run and ranked balls are just as bad, it's almost a deal breaker

That's a damn good one. I might never have to touch the right stick again.

That's not a fuckin rank you tard, freshness is just for winning consecutive games. When you reach the next tier you get a cash bonus.

they really should've made weapon freshness determined by kills or ink coverage instead of just winning or losing
I feel like it defeats the purpose of rating a players weapon if how well they do doesn't matter

This applies to all ranks in the game though.

It's retarded that these systems are based on the outcome of the team and not individual performance. Or at least, if you're scoring the most in the team out on the game you shouldn't be punished for bad players.

If only there was a way to play with people you can be sure won't ne shit most of the time.
If only.

im pretty shit or id play with you. i am not satisfied with my aim

You can't perform parties for every game mode, and that doesn't justify such a poorly designed system.

Pay grade only decays if you fail before the last wave, and even then on wave 2 it only goes down by ten. If you're on a lot of teams that choke so hard they wipe on wave 1 you might be the common factor.

Not a lot of teams, no. I do fuck up myself too, I am not infallible.
That being said when you are trying your best to play a supportive role than rushing in the steal as many eggs as possible you're often one of the last squids standing.

Honestly I think the real trick is to kill the bosses close to the basket so that you can retrieve the eggs faster, but I'm not sure how you could plan to do that consistently.

i find thats only really convenient with maws or the ice cream wagon knights when they get too far ahead of the pack due to their speeds.
but all too often i just wanna get em dead so i can deal with more influential bosses before they reach maximum WAAAGH power.

Yeah one time I was doing Salmon Run with 2 friends and one random. The random happened to be the guy who got the sniper for the round that was 50% steelheads. He spent the entire match just shooting at a wall for some reason and we wiped on wave 1.

I play on weekends in mumble. Otherwise I solo for fun for the most part.

For major AoE bosses I just slay as many I can before heading back to basket. Especially on 200% when bosses spawn so frequently that you can make quota by stealing 1 egg per boss. And even then Scrappers and Maws will get close to the basket.

Maxed out.

I disagree. If you can't aim accurately at max sensitivity you probably shouldn't be playing charger, because you'll take too long to line up shots even at lower sensitivities. Really good chargers should be able to snap to anyone in their field of view and have a reasonable chance at someone outside of it in emergencies. You charge up aiming at the ground or your cover to hide your laser, then immediately flick to your target and fire.

I've never been able to get this to work well enough to be worth using in actual combat, but I could see it being helpful.

I have to adjust to the motion controls slowly by upping the sensitivity once I get used to it.

It is impossible to provide an accurate rank (if we assume rank is supposed to track "ability to positively affect the outcome of a game") based on individual performance. Using team success to determine rank approaches perfect accuracy as the number of games played goes up, trying to use individual stats distorts play. KDR encourages people to play deathmatch and avoid the objective. Time on the objective discourages support playstyles like charger. No matter what measure you pick, you get fucked by Goodhart's law as people optimize for whatever your metric is rather than simply trying to win games. Even if people don't consciously try to game your ranking system, the highest ranks will be filled with people whose playstyles match your metric rather than who are the absolute best at changing the outcome of matches in favor of their team.

Question: What do you do with random friend invites from Splatoon 2? Do you accept them all, reject them? How do you curate friend requests?

Reject them. Bunch of coattail-riding children who want to be friends with the player who carried them to victory so they can win more often. Let them burn.

It's not like there's any bonus at all to having friends in this game, it's nearly impossible to organize playing with them.

none of the ones ive added back have ever tried to contact me. ill accept based on how fresh i think they are. from their name, to their icon or if i remember liking their outfit, choice of weapon or overall play style. did they ever booyah at a good time?
i mean, what else do i have to go by?

I'll accept them from people I have fun with in Salmon Run and ranked but I'm going to reject any that come from turf wars for the same reasons as

Looks like this request I got goes into the shredder. It's turf war request. I'll think about the salmon run requests.

Anyone get a request from a guy on the enemy team that won in ranked? I think I did once in Splatoon 1 but dropped it because he was a yeah begger.

How do you do that Salmon Run match where there's a goldie hidden in a gusher?

I hear that
Hitting a gusher causes it to go off, spawning enemies, but after it's off it will also glow.

Small glow = cold = goldie far away
Medium glow = warm = goldie is 2 gushers Big Big glow = hot = goldie is 1 gusher away

But I also hear that the thing is that the more gushers you open, the more enemies get spawned (which can overwhelm your team). I also hear that if you open a gusher and keep killing the enemies who spawn out of it, more will just infiently spawn, so it's not worth it to do that.

Anybody else have advice on how to do this mode in Salmon Run?

Sorry man, I don't know. I've seen others friends playing and I could join them, but I never bothered to try it out.

post strange/funny squid names

i once got onto a team of three zimbabwes. laughed my ass off even though we lost

Unironically this
Solo is your workout session. You don't play it to have fun, you go in expecting to lose, expecting to have to carry every goddamn game in every respect, so that you can work on your aim and gamesense.

The real game doesn't unlock until you make squid friends. Even 2-squads are a profound improvement over solo queue. Once you've experienced it and set up a friend group that can reliably get games going, the only reason you will ever want to play solo again is for practice. It literally feels like work that you put in so you can get better for your friends.

This is probably not as valid in Splatoon 2 with the rank separation change, but if you insist on sticking to solo then for the sake of your sanity try to avoid Rainmaker if possible. Your teammates are much, much more likely to know how to play the objective in the other two ranked modes (especially zones). Rainmaker is fine with friends, but in solo it is pure unadulterated rage fuel.

Plenty of good chargers play at low sensitivity and have no trouble flicking.

It's pointless because nobody ever follows up on them. Maybe if Nintendo hadn't completely dropped the ball on online communication. You have to make friends through other channels, it's never going to happen through random friend requests.

Is it really that hard for people to climb up the podium in rainmaker? We were right there but somehow my team was unable to get up there despite it being covered in our ink. All i had to do was swim up to it and jump

Come on, squiggas! Get into Mumble. We are 3 already.

why mumble and not discord?
i'd like to join but i don't want to install mumble just to talk to some Holla Forumstards. also i'm afraid people will pick on me for being a girl

Traps/gay/LGBTBBQSAUCE are not welcomed.

We are 4 now, squiggas! Get in!

i'm a real grill, thanks.

Yeah, suuuure you are. Im a grill too~
we all are little grills on the inside user

so apparently this little ditty from the sunken scrolls is played in bisks shop at 25 seconds youtu.be/uD0L_WByuzg?t=25s

i liked abe inkin. and while this guys name wasnt particularly amusing on its own his theme was and mayor bustamove would be pretty hilarious

wew

Wha? Just make a discord server.

fuck off

For what

post requests

I want you to draw a squid ninja with a teleporting-behind you and saying Pssht, nothing personnel, squid

draw 3 squids with bellhats doing a group pose a-la power rangers.

A bunch of Inklings in squid form hanging around outside the GrizzCo building waiting for it to open.

more fucking orange inkling memes

draw marie kirby and peach floating on their umbrellas

that's actually pretty cool! I can't read music, so I was wondering what those notes were about

A nigger and an ugly squid are making me aroused, please help.

ugly pearl head

im more concerned by the fact that my folder labeled squid lewds is filling up with octopuses

this fucking discord meme fucking sucks shit

GET INTO MUMBLE, SQUIGGAS! We are pwning in league games

ok

i don't like loli sorry

too many squids

marie doesn't seem like the type to get along with peach and kirby

i already drew that

Not true at all. I can line up shots immediately at bottom sensitivity. It shouldn't take you more than a quarter second at most for your full range of motion with your wrists, and you shouldn't need more than 180° for that.

My field of view is entirely accessible comfortably with motion controls.
Bottom sensitivity is roughly a 1:1 with real life (meaning turning your controller 90° turns the game view about 90°), which I find the most natural.

It's really a matter of precision. If you get used to the amount that you have to turn to aim at a target, lower sensitivity gives you a better margin of error. Bottom sensitivity can give you a margin of error of as much as a full degree, depending on your distance. Higher sensitivity reduces that window significantly. So it really depends, when you flick to fire, do you want to turn your controller 45° and have a 1° margin of acceptable error, or do you want to turn it 15° with a 0.3° margin of acceptable error? It depends whether you are more accurate with wide or narrow motions with your arms, but most people will be more accurate with a lower sensitivity. The only time I have trouble is when I aim to one side, and then see an enemy in my new field of view while my arms are already near max extension.

It's essentially the same argument as PC FPS mouse sensitivity. You want the lowest sensitivity that will let you comfortably access your entire field of view as quickly as possible. Most high-level players use relatively low mouse sensitivity (they measure in cm/360°, and I think the average is usually somewhere around 30cm/360°).

If you aren't already charged, this is more based on your ability to dip and dodge than turn. With bottom sensitivity, you'll be turned toward them with the stick alone long before you get a charge significant enough to kill them.

So there is a too high and a too low. It's just what you can most comfortably play at without sacrificing accuracy. There are legitimate arguments either way, and both of them depend on the person playing.

those lines are actually really bad yikes
here's a slightly better version

God bless you, user.

If you are up for more, can you draw a sniper sniping a squid and shouting THAT'S RIGHT GET NO SCOPED GET NO SCOOOPED?

what if they were using the goo tuber but because its a big crazy straw the ink ends up doing a loop de loop and hitting themselves in the face

i just got in bed, sorry dude

Mumble's got text chat. Also unlike Discord that needs an account you can join a Mumble server without needing to make an account. Just make a user name and password and you're good to go.

mumble doesn't have a password or is that the cert?

Anyone know how to get all items from an amiibo this game? Its not daily but I think its based on number of battles between each use. Anyone got a rough estimate?

You need to raise at least one weapon's Freshness rank through Turf War matches.

thats obnoxious, especially when the chance of winning is entirely based on if you get lucky and paired up with competent faggots

TONIGHT

Its not the freshness ranking.
you have to reach a specific level for the gear
then you need to open your loadout(+) navigate to other, then amiibo, and save whatever loadout to the amiibo.
then try unlocking them again
as for what level you need to be I forgot but it should be somewhere past 12.

thanks thats sounds more likely. I did get the second piece from callie amiibo once but couldnt replicate it

Suika squids

Developer speedrun of a Single-Player level

Alright, what the fuck am I missing? For real this time. Why does it seem like enemy hits always instantly fuck me while they can tank it to the god damn face? It's not even latency on my end, the connection should be fine according to the test in the menu and I even tried different settings on the wi-fi. Is it the jumping? Is that it? I constantly see people jumping, and despite them clearly being hit on my end it seems to not damage them during it, I actually tried jumping around myself but it doesn't seem to help in my case.

What is this hell?

I hate to break it to you my man but thats actually a reference to a polygon video series called monster factory

Are you sure you haven't taken damage from standing in enemy ink when this happens?
Lag makes your death look strange but it's still your fault for letting the aerospray get that close to begin with.
Past a certain distance almost all weapons experience damage falloff. If you really heard the right number of hit sounds and the enemy still didn't die, you are probably hitting them beyond the proper range.
It increases range of projectiles slightly, at the cost of decreased accuracy. You don't want to do it all the time, only when you're painting or trying to hit something just out of reach with the aforementioned reduced damage.

are there gonna be phalanxes who take turns shielding and firing? would that work?

its not necesarily that your internets bad, but if theyre all the way across the ocean theres gonna be a way higher ping than something local.

Yes
YES
YES!
It might turn out to be irredeemable trash but I don't care, I'm going to be the first squid to use the hero brella in multiplayer!
The brella's kit seems so odd, it'll be hard to pick abilities I want. The sprinkler and storm are good at providing obstacles, but don't have a lot of dangerous oomph, S players will cut through them like a squid through the seas, but if I stack up special charge I can throw a lot of rain around the objectives, which makes them hard to fight in. But if I stack quick superjump I wonder if I can leap quickly after dropping shield. Otherwise I can land safety by holding the brella. Or should I get run speed? The brella covers the area you're immediately standing in so ink resistance isn't really needed and you can walk pretty quickly while shielding. Ninja squid helps with the shield shot, they'll never know if I'm in the trail or not.
The best part of splatoon to me is picking abilities for a weapon, I absolutely love it. What do you all use on your favorite weapons?

when's update

switch is shit but jap humor is too good not to share

Saw a guy named AnalSpunk, wondered how it got through Nintendo no fun allowed filters.

When all the gushers are closed after the initial wave, look for and shoot the one that's glowing the brightest (when closed). A Goldie should spawn almost immediately, so if it doesn't then you got the wrong gusher. Repeat every time Goldie despawns.

most of my favorite weapons tend to be heavy on ink usage so i tend to run a lot of ink saver variants. how exciting. the exception being when i have a chance to spam more tentamissiles.

I found MLGHitler. I'll post a screenshot when I get an SD card.

Still waitinf for Marina's mayo bukakke bath against her will.

Sage for second post. I thought about a new type of weapon that involves stamps. Would you use a stamp hammer as a weapon?

can i get some gear advice?

for turf war i use the splattershot and would like to know if ink saver main is any use at all. i'm currently grinding ink saver main chunks for my ranked set and they don't seem to affect much in the splattershot's case. would ink recovery up be more useful?

for ranked i use the rapid blaster and was thinking:
18k aviators (ink saver main / ?)
pink easy stripe shirt (quick respawn / ink saver main)
white kicks (swim speed up / run speed up)

as you can see here i have an unfilled spot on the glasses; i was thinking ink saver sub because i use ink mines a lot. i was also unsure if ink saver main is really worth it on the blaster? is ink recovery up more useful?

I prefer ink saver main to ink refill because I can get more coverage at the beginning of the match and in those opportune moments the enemy isn't around, without having to refill. My movement style already refills fast enough I almost never run out. Ink saver main is doubly useful if you use an accurate high demand weapon like the splattershot pro or squelcher.

its a great idea but do you have any idea how it would work? ive had an idea bouncing around my head of a fountain pen spear with a paint board shield but the brella perhaps does a better job of this concept, at least regarding current gameplay.
id still like to see more ink and paint themed weapons for the novelty. even its just essentially reskins, or collectibles for some in game museum. i only just learned that the dynamo roller is made of typewriter parts.

That ink pen lance and shield would sound like a bad ass Bamboozler Brella variant.

The stamp hammer is not a roller nor brush. In fact it is a veri impractical primitive weapon. You can't hold fire and drag it around to spread ink. That said it would be similar to a Nozzler where holding trigger does nothing. So you attack by tapping the trigger but nit spamming it.

When on the ground you can swing the hammer sideways to spread ink close to Octobrush range, but at a very slow pace. Hammer changes when you attack in the air. With a jump attack you swing the hammer vertically which also flings ink forward. The difference between flingong a roller and swinging a stamp hammer is hammers makes a splash wave when you land. The faster you swim before jumping and the farther you drop, the longer the vertical or area of the splash would be respectively. And the stamps leave behind cute imprints of a logo. Shockwave range is close to instadeath damage. Direct hit with hammer is instadeath.

There will be light/heavy variants of the weapon that have different impact and ink flick ranges and power. You'll want swim speed and ninja squid. First variant the Ink Stamper will have Burst Bombs and Bubble Blower as sub and special.

Bear in mind direct hit for instadeath is for dropping the hammer when it lands. Not horizontal swings.

all splashdown all the time

should i stack a bunch of swim speed + 1 ninja squid? because everything fucking sucks

Yesterday I won two 3v4 turf wars in port mackerel (mainly because the other teams were mostly aerospray scrubs). Speaking of 3v4, tenacity as an ability shouldn't exist. Those bonuses should be given automatically to any team that drops a player.

Tenacity takes effect when a teammate dies. When a teammate dc's it counts as them being dead, making tenacity work

Has anyone done a proper height chart for Splatoon characters? Marina has been drawn by fan artists to be somewhere between as tall as Pearl or head-and-shoulders above everyone else. I very much prefer the latter, overly tall girls are my fetish.

post tall squids

doesn't the tenacity meme work if you're near aganist more enemies?

then someone would dump big girls

Now at an anime convention near you.

Do I even dare ask what convention this is?

All conventions are the same user even the ones that aren't pozzed as fuck probably just don't want to deal with faggots whinging.

IT'S HERE

Don't tell me I need to subscribe to Corocoro to even have access to some of their shit on JewTube.

Double posting to report that someone uploaded it on Dailymotion.
>it's just a dub of the comic

imagine, if splatoon were around as long as mario we would have an early 90s cartoon to go with it.

I forgot how much I love this map. The gametype is just perfect for carbon deco.

Wow what a great weapon…Its only use is defense to ward off the Scopes and the Gatlings for about 4 seconds. At least blaster AoE shots can get around it, but its a chip away

If I flesh this out it's going to be in vain. So here's some autism.

Any drawfags around? I have a request…

what the fuck is all this gay shit

Off the first page autism. That or a switch user who thinks that autism is ok.

ayy

thats actually a really good idea.

if we didnt have autism octolings wouldnt be as cute, they would have to have something else wrong with them that wasnt as ambiguous or endearing.

>TFW you will never have a beautiful Octoling girlfriend who's only defect is being a monoeye.

New thread when?

When this thread hits page 13.

It's on page 14 nigga

I guess I'll make the new thread then

New thread user, Come along now