Gaming videos

Let's say there's a small youtuber who recently started making long format videogame analysis videos in a language that isn't English and he came up with the idea of translating said videos so that english-speakers, who are the primary community in terms of videogame discussion, can watch said videos; would you, as a hypothetical audience member, prefer just subtitles on his current channel or complete voice overs in a different channel so that you can put them on the background?
Don't worry about workload, let's just say this hypothetical guy doesn't mind translating the scripts and doing some minor editing taking away needless explanations of the meaning of some english sentence for his regular non-english-speaking audience.

Hopefully this hypothetical youtuber hypothetically kills himself.

I agree with this post

I agree with these dubs

Does he kill himself with subs or voice over?

he fucks off and goes back to reddit

Subs or voiceover?

Both, the voiceover is in Rusisan.

If workload isn't a concern, you could try both and test which gets more views.

subtitles

Post this hypothetical video and I will hypothetically give you a hypothetical answer.

Considering longform analysis of pretty much anything is most often consumed as background to something else, subs are a definite no. Post the translated text as text or dub it.
Also, fuck off until you're done because I'm a ravenous manslut for longform vidya analysis, but keep the selfshilling to the bare minimum

This, analysis videos to listen to in the background while I work are nice.

It's not about the views, really, it's a bout which only would be the best.

No, I don't actually want to shill, I just want to know what would be the option.

Don't worry about the shilling, I'm not going to post any videos here.

Cool, I was expecting voice overs to be definitive answer.

If you're confident on your english speaking skill then do voiceovers, if it's not then do subtitles.

I'd prefer subs if there is anything more to the speech than just plain speech. Something like Dendy Chronicles, for instance, would be fine with a voiceover, because the way he speaks and puts emphasis into his speech is important to entertaining the video fully.
And fuck the idiots saying they want a dub because they don't actually want a video, but to pretend it's a podcast. If you don't want to watch something, don't watch it. There are tons of existing podcasts as is.

Most people who want to watch vidya analysis videos just tab them out and play video games or shitpost while listening to it. So a dub will probably be the better bet for them. Because their videos need to have good editing and interesting visuals for subs to work. Some German schmuck just talking in front of his wall of weeaboo merch with subtitles is a quick way to get people to stop watching 2 minutes in.

i only watch cubex55

Are you gay?

I don't use Youtube basically at all, but I have a question. Is it possible to turn off all monitization and ads or whatever for a Youtube channel? Like, as the owner of said channel. I imagine that would also help with making sure they don't get removed for bullshit copyright claims a lot of the time.

Yes, you can not only limit ads -at least there's an option for it- but you can limit several things as the uploader.

this tbh onii fam, also reported OP for no vidya

Is there an /eceleb/ board that can take topics like this that don't quite fit into /cow/?

Yeah, as someone who makes a few vidya analysis videos I personally set it so youtube plays as few ads as possible.