Dissidia arcade

So why did they change it so you can only have 2 HP Attacks at any time? To shill the 3v3?

Probably.

I will never stop being mad about this piece of shit.
Literally all they had to do was take Dissidia 012 and add more stages & characters, along with online play.
But no lets instead dumb down the gameplay and make all the stages just huge featureless open arenas so we can have gigantic flashy AI-controlled summons.
Fuck off.

I'm actually a little sad this game was confirmed to have no story. Dissidia was fanfiction as fuck, but I loved that most of the cutscenes have the characters using stuff from their actual movesets.

Aw, seriously? That's bullshit.

Probably a lazy attempt to make balance easier since putting it in an arcade makes people expect more balance than they do of a weird handheld RPG fighter thing.

Haha, two HP attacks. That's far too generous. That's pretty much just Vaan.

As someone who played it at San Diego Comic Con, everyone gets their choice of one HP attack. Though, Vaan might be able to mix and match his two HP attacks. I don't know, only sets available were prebuilt ones and I never used him.
I'd recommend it, but don't come in expecting Dissidia 012-2. It's a brand new game, despite having most characters seem to be more or less similar, if not buffed to hell at the cost of sorta severe nerfs Firion has the BEST ground game, holy shit. Too bad his aerial game is shit now, no more Fire pressure or Thunder, just his sword and a new dive attack or just about completely revamped Bartz's attacks get stronger the more you use them, and Shanotto now gets stronger once her guard is broken instead of getting stronger HP attacks as her Bravery rises. Also guard is a barrier instead of a block now
If anyone has other questions, feel free to ask. Only the heroes from 1 to XIV were playable, no Ace or Ramza.

How does Warrior of Light play?

No one I'd care to ask questions about then, I always felt all the heroes had way too much overlap among each other and the villains were the only ones who felt genuinely distinct.

Didn't play him, sorry. That was the main of a guy on my team. I'll do my best though:

Who do you think got buffed the hardest? Who got nerfed to death?

Sorry, I dunno how objective I can be, so take this with one hell of a grain of salt:
Firion, in my eyes. His neutral ground combo is the strongest bravery attack in the game so far, AND it even has a vacuum effect in case you're low on range. If he pins you to a wall, you're going to fucking die. End of story. Also, Blood Weapon no longer drains HP, so he gets free healing. With Bravery attacks too, not just HP attacks anymore. Unless there's someone I missed that's even better? FIRION FIRION FIRION FIRION FIRION.
Man, I dunno. I feel like the whole game has a "if everyone is overpowered, nobody is" stance, given how much shit I wreck and how much of my shit got wrecked. So the best I can say is Onion Knight because when I used him I didn't get it at all. His class change system went from EX Mode to an automatic thing now and I'll be damned if I could figure it out.
On another note, I forgot to add. Dashing also was changed, it's now a continuous dash measured by a gauge in any direction. You can't go higher or lower with it, unless you're dashing up a slope, mind you.

>Heard they gave him pebble a Samurai move, and Ultima
Why do they do this to all of their guys? I don't think there's a single manly character on the light side. They need a good Jecht or Garland.
Even so, there's really nothing that makes me want the game and I actually feel a bit sad about that.

ruined

I also played at SDCC, played two rounds and I'd never played a Dissidia game before.

First pick was Warrior of Light, got absolutely shit on. Might have been because the other team had played Dissidia before, as well as me not knowing controls.

I'd have to disagree with and say that Cloud was far easier for a complete newfag to pick up. Having a poison DoT and a self-heal was very helpful when I played my second round. Felt really mobile and I was able to constantly jump between my teammates and force 2v1 confrontations to the point that I got credit for 2/3rds of the match kills.

Why is it whenever they drop Nomura from a Nomura-centric FF project it usually ends up being even shittier? First Versus XIII/XV, now this.

Wasn't it not too long ago that people were complaining about Nomura turning projects to shit?

I'm still confused why Ramza looks this feminine in Dissidia.

Haha, kind of like Ono.

It'll be the same when Gabe Newell leaves Valve.

Fair point on Cloud. HOLY SHIT DUDE WHAT TEAM WERE YOU ON

dissidia is shit.
It's a pitty because it could've been good easily but the combat system is just shit