Zelda: Breath of the Wild Thread

I just finished this puzzle. As you can see, there are five columns of hollow engravings that an iron sphere can be placed upon. Each column is marked by a number, in the range of one through five, and there are a total of four rows. The little sign says, "Look to the constellations for guidance. The stars are the key" or something like that, but I couldn't figure out what the fuck I was supposed to do with that clue, so being the autist that I am, I just brute forced this bullshit puzzle by writing out every single possibility and trying them all until I got the right one.

So, tell me, how was I supposed to solve it using the clue?

REEE DONT TALK ABOUT GAME I DONT LIKE, I WILL MAKE A PICTURE SHOWING YOU HOW EVERY CHARACTER IS RIPPED OFF FROM ANOTHER GAME, I WILL PROCEED TO SPAM GONDOLA TO SHOW MY DISGUST

Did you actually make a thread to show everyone how retarded you are? Because god damn, OP, you are a fuckin' retard.

The automatic assumption is you are trolling as this puzzle was notorious as the most obtuse to people.
I figured it out honestly because (after about 20 solid minutes of banging my head) I asked

The trick is realizing how many duplicates there are of each constellation.
5 of the smallest ones.
3 of the ones that look like a person kneeling
2 of the really long ones
1 of that one in the middle

You can see on the foreground walls that they are the same constellations as the mural.
That tells you where to place the correct balls.

YOU ARE A DIPSHIT.

Please, like I need to make a thread to show everyone how retarded I am. You should operate under the assumption that everyone here is retarded, otherwise you're doing it wrong. Anyway, I guess I was supposed to count out each constellation on the far wall, and the number of each was representative of the corresponding column number, or something like that.

Yeah, I just figured it out. I feel especially retarded, but what else is new.

By no being so dense? You might actually be autistic, I'm not throwing that lightly

Yes, you did. LEGITIMATELY kill yourself.

Coming from you, that's quite the compliment.

WEW. LAD.

Hey. You're gay.

Anyway, how many hearts do I need to pull the Master Sword?

You will never get dubs. Even if I don’t get dubs, I still get dubs.

Your dubs don't mean anything, though, cause, as we've firmly established, you are a gay.The number at the end of all your posts only represents the number of penises that you've slobbered on in the past hour.

is indeed the correct solution
However, that was easily the worst puzzle in the game

yes sure, it isn't hard once you understand what the shit you're supposed to do, but it's one of those "you either get it immediately or you'll be stuck here for hours cause you didn't see the obvious solution" situations

The only shrine that really fucked with me is the golf one.
You can complete it simply enough but there is a kind of bonus room with a chest.
You timestop the ball hit it but there is literally no way to make it in from where the ball drops from.
The trick to that was realizing you can just pick up the ball and hit it from the left.

That was by far my dumbest moment.

Finally, after years of posting about the Silent Hill piano puzzle, I get to be the asshole that runs into a thread and says "Lol I solved it first try. Get fucking good."

Does everyone get stuck at this piss easy puzzle?
Both my brother and my nephew spent an hour complaining that this was too hard while brute forcing it like you did.
Are you all retarded? Do the kids today just not know how to count? Seriously, I took one look around the room and figured it out.

The five minutes I spent on this puzzle is the extent of my experience with this game, but from what I saw while watching, none of the other shrines are actually puzzles at all.
Just obstacle courses, physics toys and "use X ability to pass". This room only seems hard because it's the only one that I saw that required you to think about what was going on, rather then just trial and error or reacting to what was in front of you.

This shit is so easy to solve with some basic planning.
I feel like it would take some advanced stupidity or extra mental effort to not immediately start filling in the blanks on this if you bother to try to identify the pieces of the puzzle. I mean unless you have such bad spatial/visual reasoning that the rotation keeps you from recognizing the symbols as copies.

Dude i am actually embarrassed for you.

Surely you jestin it can't be that easy

You certainly do. Fucking impressive.

god dammit

double god dammit

somebody post the download link

When I had the chance I would stand on some object in the shrine, attach octo balloons to it, then be lifted up and jump on top of the walls where I wasn't supposed to be. I had always hoped they would put some easter egg up there for me but they never did. There was occasionally a ladder placed so you could get out of otherwise inescapable places you could drop into from atop those walls you weren't meant to be on.

WEBM-related. Many shrines are piss-easy to circumvent.

I hope that we have more world building and lore for the DLC.

An autist would have found the solution much much faster. OP is just retarded.

What were they thinking?

Boy, with that much edge, you might as well make a thread on /suicide/ asking anons to do the blue whale challenge.
After all, you do see the user you replied to as 'Genetic Waste'

Niggas trying way too hard to fit in whipping out the 2006 Holla Forums "just kill yourself" responses

Game needed more shit like this.

This is why we get Skyrim puzzles.

Any puzzle is easy if you know what the puzzle is looking for. The hard part is finding out what it wants. In this case the puzzle wants the mode of the constellations in the first place, but all the games does is give you a hint that the mural is important to solving the puzzle. At first you may do smallest to biggest, the order they're in, be it top right or straight down, visa versa of all of the former examples. Then you just give up and do what OP did if attempting the mode never crossed your mind.

Yeah, by fucking cheating. Otherwise what he did was perfectly normal autistic thing to do.

I got stuck on the same one so I just googled it.

Another thing people were bitching about were the ball in maze, all I did was flip the controller right around to the underside of the platform which is flat.

Then I'd just flick the ball with the flat spot to where it needed to go.

That shrine was amazing. I think 60% the people got stuck there. Very fun and satisfying when you solve it yourself.

And Nintendo knew what they were doing, it's basically the most epic shrine, located right next to the Deku Tree.

Such an amazing game.

Agreed

Not be retarded and realize that there's a number of constellations on the wall back there?
My 11 year old little brother could figure that out.

On my end, that webm is just a black screen with audio.

bitch please, the cue is confusing and instead of the answer being something complex is just counting the fucking stupid formations, shouldn't have expected more from a game for 5 year olds, also the game is ass. k thnkx bye

Oh god the horror

People like you are why they took randomized trespasser puzzles and the thunderstorm planet that you have to relearn ratchet's base mobility out of the Ratchet and Clank remake.

Honestly, getting some shrines open/available were harder than actually completing them. The only shrine puzzle I had to double check about was the double peak dual shrines since they're the only shrines you need info from outside the shrines themselves.

Did you use the in game camera?

Why even have these kinds of puzzles at all in these games instead of more interesting fights?

Because puzzles are an integral part of Legend of Zelda game design and combat is usually not even close to being core?

what a nigger

also

this game is a joke, it's the japanese skyrim and threads about it should be deleted on sight

So you're a faggot then?
You do more damage if you actually hit certain spots on enemies in Master Mode, and make use of Parrying and flurries, and feeding monsters their "preferred foods" that's that you know, puzzle element

The major difference in this game and the other zelda games is that it punishes you for engaging combat normally. In the others, while combat for the most part is easy and pointless, it was a no brainier because it's the major source of income. Where as with breath of the wild is smashing glowly rocks is a faster and more profitable way instead.

The modern LoZ fan disgusts me.

Wrong dipshit.
Head hits with melee weapons do REDUCED damage.

Just get the fuck out and take your shit game with you.

I bet you didn't even know blunt weapons, blunt metal weapons, sharp wood weapons and sharp metal weapons have different damage capabilities in Master Mode.

Not him, but you are likely to encounter those shrines before you have the camera, IIRC. Don't you get it from Impa in Kakariko Village?

You get it from the professor in hateno, in what is essentially the 2nd Main Quest in the game discounting tutorial quests and Divine Beasts.

That's right, but that's after you pass by the dueling peaks on your way to Kakariko (if you take the main road), right?

I was surprised more people hadn't thought about that, the very second I learned I had *total* control of the platform was the second that I tried it to see if there was any protection against BSing it like that.

Zelda swordplay was pretty involved with OoT (even if there was no incentive to use anything besides a basic slash due to stupid enemy AI not necessitating the positioning that most sword moves or even basic movement options enable) and with most 3D games since OoT using its basic swordplay system the combat isn't core because Nintendo doesn't want it to be core. Which is a goddamned shame since Wind Waker's counters were a great addition to that whole system and even it didn't really make use of it outside of oneshotting basic enemies or hitting a boss weakpoint.

This could have been a really good thread about puzzles that make you feel retarded in general, but it's probably irreparably marred by fucking idiots.

If I remember right you don't get the radar for shrines until you visit the hateno lab either, and at basic stamina it's not likely you'd see that mountain shrine, nor would you climb it. Unless in advance you knew it was there.

To be fair there ball rolling puzzles that do nip that idea in the bud in other shrines. Nintendo probably didn't do that in the ball maze shrine because it's one earlier shrines you come across.

Yeah, I thought the tablet was talking about actual constellations, but after leaving the shrine and looking at the sky I figured that was bs and went back after a bit. Then I realized the constellations weren't just more of the wall designs you see everywhere and felt dumb. But, that's what you should've done, op, take a break from the puzzle (maybe even sleep on it) instead of banging your head against it for hours.

op you are retarded.

I used the share button or whatever, since it saves a screenshot.

Back to reddit, mental cripple

Count the amount of constellation you can see on the wall in the middle, then pick the corresponding numbers for the rows. This shit Is fucking easy.

Goddamn, Zelda 2 concept art was fucking neat

The most important change master mode brings is that it doesn't do that stupid fucking thing where if you have a full health bar you can't be one-hit killed. Don't know why Nintendo thought it was acceptable in the default mode

Can i beat the ice cavern with only two bottles? or do i have to have 4, or would having only two be really tedious.

Please tell me I'm wrong about this and overlooked something.

Legitimately kill yourself in real life. Literally take a literally loaded legitimate gun with the literal safety legitimately off, point the literal end of the legitimate barrel at your literal head, and legitimately pull the literal trigger.

Done, of course, solely because it literally triggers you.