Shadow of War getting loot boxes

community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Introducing-the-Market/m-p/1611183
archive.is/FtQdC

———————-
———————-

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/monolith-shadow-of-war-requires-internet/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

star wars > lord of the rings

Isn't the game single player only? why the fuck are they doing this?

Gunbuster > Evangelion

We've gone to far, just end it now, Video Games are dead.

Yeah, fuck it, I'm buying Everdrives. New games aren't worth buying anymore. Gonna stick with /vr/, since there's more games than I could possibly play already

Why not just emulate? Honest question and not trying to berate you by the way. I don't know dink about everdrives.

The first game was a demo to make a single player 'MMO' or facefook game, isn't it?

And I guess you buy those loot boxes with real money.

They really want to kill this franchise.

R-right?

I own the original hardware. As easy as most emulation is, and as accurate as it tries to be, there's just something lost there. Not going to berate others for doing it, I just have the consoles, and CRTs, and that how I like it.

Wrong.

So it's pretty much just a flashcart?

Do you still have a CRT screen? If not then it defeats the purpose.

Dead Space 3 did this.
Asscreed did this.
Mortal Kombat did this.

Read my pist again, user

thing I like > thing you like

Greek myths>Nordic myths

sumerian myths> indic myths> greek myths

that is exactly what it is. i actually genuinely want one myself, but they're expensive as fuck and i can't justify spending over a hundred bucks on one

Wrong.

1: Only the X7 Everdrive is over $100
2: Consider the cost of games you desire to own versus the cost of the Everdrive.

The rest of the board knows you'll still buy it. Say you're not but sales figures don't lie. This shit's industry standard at this point and what you people deserve.

I'm not buying it. Hell I didnt buy the previous game till the GOTY was $2

Don't project your retardation onto everyone else.

And a DLC focused solely on the first nigger character in Middle Earth.

Oh yeah, the DLC.

Do you think they'll do the retarded thing of not including the DLC powers into the main game like in Shadows of Mordor?

But of course. They've been pulling retarded shit with the sequel from day one. The first one read like fanfiction, the second looks like really fucking bad fanfiction, with another Ring being made, on top of Shelob being able to transform herself into an ugly woman.

They called her 'she' so much she decided to get the form.

But wasn't she actually some elf, human, thing humanoid that was turned in a spider because she was corrupted and was punished?

just waiting for lootboxes to have lootboxes now

That was her mother I think, but don't quote me on that. All I know is that she is too corrupted to shapeshit, her grotesque form an outward manifestation of her evil nature.

Remember when horse armor DLC was the epitome of kikery?

At the time I thought "haha would would buy this shit" but here we are. I understand why the kikes exploit the goys because casuals really are that fucking stupid

I wouldn't play it even if it didn't have them.

I wish someone competent would take inspiration from the Nemesis system, as well as the MGSV dynamic traps the enemy lays out for you depending on how you play.

They couldn't get the ring to mount doom because the shit RNG that wouldn't drop the fairly common eagle.

Ok, to anyone that will see arguments in the vein of "you earn them through game play", "you don't need to buy it" or "just ignore it" from utter idiots, know that this shitty system is designed to not be ignored in-game.
By building up piles of unspent currency, the game is tempting you to go to store and dump it all. It's designed to sit in your consciousness as you play through the game so you're always tempted to buy. What greedy, manipulative scumfuckers.

Suck off a gun, faggot. I don't even pirate crap like this. Blame window licking normalshitters for buying into ripoff gacha bullshit.

What's up with her mouth? Couldn't whoever made this edit do it better?

Last time I checked, Shelob was a spider because her mom, Ungoliant, was also a spider.
They're spiders because Tolkein was an arachnophobe who made his setting's Thing that will Destroy the World if Unchecked a giant fucking spider.
I am a bit rusty on my LotR lore though, so correct me if I'm wrong on any points

fuck off Randal

They're both shitty video game franchise.

So, in Tolkien's universe, Eldritch horrors are spiders?

They're not so much eldritch horrors as they are embodiments of the fundamental force of entropy.
Point being, they're supposed to be inhuman, even to the point of being downright animalistic.

The phrase 'Tolkein is spinning in his grave' has been used a lot in the last 20 years, but this one is the absolute tippy toppers.

We could say Tolkien is drilling the ground of his grave and moving at record speed towards the center of earth.

Imagine it. You keep your sanity in the trenches of a World War for the freedom of your people by writing a love letter to your homeland and the virtues it should always represent.

Then decades later its used to shill fucking lockboxes in something that glorifies war, violence and rampant consumerism.

This is like a level of spiritual, conceptual and idealogical cucking no good man deserves.

Its like being NTR'ed by your soul mate or something. Its a profound, primal betrayal of all thats just and good.

It is mostly like being forced into a chair, tied up and forced to see how your child is raped, murdered and then have their skin turned into a suit while the rapist use the bones to sodomize himself, then getting praise from the general public.

You mean dying like a dog for the (((bankers)))?

Shouldn't have fought against Germans twice in a row to save the kikes. The eternal Anglo is eternal after all.

wccftech.com/monolith-shadow-of-war-requires-internet/

Online only lads

Thats really more Ghostbusters 2016 level. This seems a little more impersonal and cold.

How new are you? If you didn't see this coming you're a genuine tard.

So whats stopping everyone on PC using something as simple as Cheatengine to spawn free currency and get free boxes

you already get both for free in the game though.

That article has since been updated to say the internet is only needed if you want to access the in-game Market; not during gameplay.

So expect the game to have DRM out the ass.

Not after Disney acquired it.

Its fucking dead. Throw it in the fucking trash.

Now this is bait I can reply to.

don't mind me i just need to know

I blame EA. If they didn't start this bullshit with Madden we wouldn't be at this point.

The fact that anyone intelligent enough to do that probably won't play this garbage to begin with.

Sort of. Remember anons, Warner Brothers is one of the most cancerous gamedev publishers out there, but they fly under the radar because most anons don't realize what games they publish. Here's a list of some of their recent (and colossal) fuckups:

And now the new Shadow of Mordor. It's like no one at their office knew what happened to Mankind Divided when they tried to pull this shit.

Don't forget the newest Mortal Kombat.

So are they going F2P, or do they actually expect people to pay 60 bucks for the game on top of the microtransactions?

evangelion

Underrated yet they are really fucking different user.

On one hand, I'm almost amused if only because I was never going to buy this game and it will fuck over people stupid enough to get it. On the other hand, I'm bothered because this is bad for gaming as a whole since other fuckwits will try and copy this bullshit. I don't know what to feel right now.

Been playing the original this week and enjoying it. Got to say, this is about the most soul-crushing way to make me not want to buy its sequel though.

Loot boxes. Fucking loot boxes everywhere.

I'm not entirely sure but I think WB is the reason Monolith didn't make F.E.A.R. 3 and instead shipped it off to some other studio. If true, I can never forgive them.

Hell, these guys are just copying Deus Ex. At least this time, I guess, you have in-game currency to buy your microtransactions with. I don't think Mankind Divided even gave you that option.

Normalfags will drop money on it because what is a few more shekels amrite? And if you complain, they will give even more money to spite you.

Maybe I'm a fag but I'm more concerned about the lore.

Why are all of the orcs following him? If he's mind controlling all of them, how the fuck is he able to replenish their numbers in any reasonable period. If the rank and file are following him because he convinced them to fight Sauron, why? Sure they're supposed to hate themselves and each other, but they hate the world of man far more.

What the fuck are those giant orcs? Are they all supposed to be the Olog-hai trolls, but also as intelligent as the ones from The Hobbit? Neither trait is common but every other lieutenant is one of them. Then there's the whole issue with Shelob. They said they want to "explore the world of LotR" but it feels more like they're just inserting random shit from a homebrew campaign gone wrong or something.

Never really seen a good response to my concerns anyways.

didnt even know mankind divided had microtransactions. well i played the entire game with tranq pistol maybe thats why.

I'll still buy the 100% off version

But that's the problem, not even pirating will save you. The game will be designed in a way that forces you to grind, the cash shop is there so you can avoid that.

In this game the protagonist is forging another Ring of Power, a nigger is a hero of Gondor (with his own DLC) and there's apparently a female solider too. The lore went and died in a ditch a long time ago.

Isn't the game always online?