This is hands down the single best 3D Sonic game...

This is hands down the single best 3D Sonic game, if only because it's consistent and doesn't slice the game up into 2D/3D/Modern/Classic/Friends modes.

I'd like to hear your arguments as to why this particular entry in the series is not perhaps one of the most solid.

VIDEO GAMES

I can't argue that

The gameplay sucks, but the same is true to some degree for every 3d sanic game

Well, there you go.

I have yet to play the game but it looks like the precursor to modern sanic's mobile game style gameplay.

Just play Monster Rancher or something, goddamn.

Wow, OP is a enormous faggot today.

Which ones are good?

Monster Rancher declined and died long before it could get a great handle on its gameplay

People generally agree on 2 and 4 being the best

Generally the ones made before 06.

On the other hand I prefer the more directly controlled 3D Sonic games up to about Shadow the Hedgehog. Can't stand Generations.

VIDEO, VIDEO, VIDEO, VIDEO… … VIDEO GAAAAMES.

He was probably talking about Monster Rancher.

That advice also fits for monster rancher games

It was okay, the motion steering was awkward sometimes, but it would haven otherwise been a decent sonic game.
Sonic unleashed and generations are the best sonic games, they perfected the controls and sonic has never been faster.

Thats not sonic colors,OP

None of the 3D games are good, but at least Sonic Adventure 2 has the best Chao garden.

Oh, shit game by the way. Black Knight was better.

It's literally a Sonic Musou rip off. Now an actual Sonic Musou would be cool

I didn't think MR2 was that bad. Haven't played any other ones, though. Definitely feels a bit basic in monster raising compared to Digimon World, though. But then again, I never played a lot of Digimon World 1 and played a little more of 2 and 3. And somehow, I've actually beaten 4 multiple times. I don't know what possessed me as a child to actually play that game repeatedly.

it's so bad that you have to unlock better controls

it had a nice ost
the game was far better than were-edgehog
but that's not very hard to do

It has entirely shit controls. You're expected to hold the wii-mote with the buttons facing toward you, which is awkward as fuck. Steering is imprecise, the homing attack is janky, braking and reversing is finicky as fuck, trying to jump makes you break, and the only way to make any of this better is to grind the stages. And you're going to hurt your arm while fighting the final boss. There are three good things about Secret Rings: the soundtrack, the scene where Sonic completely decimates Erazor, and Shahra being a complete cutie. Black Knight is miles better than Secret Rings.

Shadow falls under those qualifications.

I guess that's 1 point, I do wish that modern Sonic would pick a gameplay style and fucking stick to it instead of trying to cover up how shit it's 3d gameplay is by distracting you with 2d levels.

Fuck my anus.

But user. That game was literally donut steel oc shit. Literally donuts.

What is wrong with you

MAKE BELIEVE REBORN

I really liked the desert aesthetics and I remember the minigames being fun.

Not a video game and is fucking great Rise of Lyric is a vidya and shit though

The fuck is that? the Chaos Fruitloops?

It controls like trash. It controls like fucking dick fuck.
If there was a mod or something to use actual controls it might become pretty good, but right now it's just about unplayable. Nice style and nice music, but unplayable.
The cooler parts remind me of Heroes and Adventure 2. The Ifrit Golem being fought like the Egg Golem was neat but it always reminds me how much better this game would be with a controllable character.

3D Blast isn't 3D though. Although it is a good game.

I'd move Adventure 2 to S rank, Unleashed(both versions) to A rank, Black Knight and Secret Rings to B rank, and Lost World to C rank

The special stages in the Saturn version were 3D.