Square or Enix?

Square or Enix, anons? Who do you prefer?
Square bankrupted themselves with that awful movie and got bought out by their biggest rival, Enix. That's still gotta be hurting those honorabu japs after all these years.
Square had Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, the Mana series, the Saga series, and Live a Live.
Enix had Dragon Quest, Terrangima, Illusion of Time/Gaia, Soul Blazer, Act Raiser, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, and Grandia.
Pick a weeb poison and drink, anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=gus_(clarkii)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I liked Enix games more largely but the first two Final Fantasy's on the NES are some of my favorite JRPGs.

Enix didn't develop Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma, they just published them.

Just figure I ought to state that a lot of what Enix had, they were simply the publisher for, not the developer. Sure, they "have" stuff like Soul Blazer, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, etc, but they didn't actually make them. It's like trying to compare, say, Atlus and D3: Atlus both makes and publishes games, while D3 just publishes. Though, I suppose if you're just asking who had the better offerings rather than who made the better games, that's a different story.

Square easily and I say that acknowledging Enix's great games as well. How far we have fallen.

My brave fencing nigga.

Which is the one without Tifa's dicks?

Eh, barely. They didn't start publishing the series until the PS2 re-release of Grandia 2.

Truth is, Square and Enix were great together for a short time. What went wrong was as they went along, they began to pick up other companies, they lost their old talent, people retired, others were promoted, and at some point, they became a parody of themselves. The people calling the shots and making the decisions decided that they needed to do whatever it was that made them successful on the PS1, but quadruple it. More cutscenes. Faggier characters. More animu bullshit. More 3deep5you plotlines. MORE CUTSCENES. Absurdly long development cycles. Moody, more "mature" characters. Incidentally, this is also around the time they decided that Nomura was their golden child.

Can pre-Nomura Squarenix be an answer? If not, classic Squaresoft would be wonderful to have back.

Tifa is a classless skank.

Obviously Tifa has two dicks.
So that image is anatomically incorrect.

Enix, considering all the Quintet games from that generation being some of my favorites.

Is there a start/end date to that period? Just for reference.

Also, I think the last game Squaresoft made before the merger was FFXI. XII was the first one after. Which means that the trash that was FFX, which did everything wrong in the list here , was all Square. Feel free to correct me if I have something wrong.

Did no one fix that in that thread? Damn shame.

Squaresoft, hands down. They actually made games; the only thing Enix has ever done outside of Dragon Quest is produced games that other people actually made. Furthermore, Enix bought Square rather than some kind of harmonious joining, and everything turned to shit since ignoring Legend of Mana, FF11 as an MMO, and the SaGa series.

Yuji Horii and Akira Toriyama both played a major in role in the creation of Chrono Trigger, so that kind of makes Enix, or at least people that worked for Enix, involved with it too.

Sorry about that. I made that image the way I did because I misread that user's post. The concept of sticking your tits between a hole in a giant dick seemed so unique and exciting to me that I got carried away without stopping to consider what I was doing. After I realized my mistake, the idea of sticking your tits felt boring and mundane to me, so I never redid it. Either way, you have to give the people what they want. I made one dick cut and the other uncut just to spice things up.

Valkyrie Profile 1 was the only good one if you ask me.

After some umming and ahhing I've decided on Square. Secret of Mana was the tipping point for me. Memories of playing that co-op with my bro can't be beat. The Soul Blazer trilogy made it difficult, though as others have pointed out Enix only published those, which caused them to lose influence.
TFW we'll never have another 16bit golden age of anything again.

This.

Covenant of the Plume had a horrible plot, I was about to forgive that but the gameplay killed it, the whole party combos thing was crippled by only allowing you to do combos in a single character's turn while surrounding the enemy instead of just requiring close proximity, on top of that bosses were able to do special attacks by themselves.

Before the merger almost no one even heard of Enix, I remember clearly when they published it in EGM april issue everyone thought for Sure it was the april fools joke

Eh, I liked Square back when they were Squaresoft. But the only thing I can think of that they've been even tangentially involved in recently that I enjoyed was Automata.

Squaresoft because they made Mario RPG

The more important question is did SE shrink Tifa's tits in the remake?

I posted it before and I post it again.
No tits - no buy.

They haven't even shown her at all yet in the remake. My guess is they'll keep her advent children look, which was poo, and forego the white tank top and miniskirt combo but you can buy it as DLC :^)
If they nerf her dicks I will boycott.

Yeah, this is the worst case scenario.
Let's be real, she won't look like she should.

Square has much more variety as a developer.

Enix relies on 3rd party to get their good games i.e. triAce and Game Arts.

On the other hand, Enix enabled those developers to create wonderful things through their funding. But if we're solely considering the value of Squaresoft versus Enix as self-contained entities, Squaresoft easily wins, the only thing Enix really had entirely to itself was Dragon Quest.

The FF movie would have been better if it wasn't called FF, but to this day Square can't stop slapping the name of the franchise on unrelated things to try to sell more like FFXV and MMOs

What is it now? Square Enix Taito Hudson Eidos? Am I missing any?

Square and Enix are both dead fam. That merger had no victors. Only corpses.

Neither, Squaresoft had multiple JRPG franchises that could cater to several niches and themes, but no, after the merger they decided to double down as the Final Fantasy company. And Enix is quite dead.

Even out of the DQ series only DQIII is good. DQIV and onward ruined what charm the series had and turned into chapter based bullshit.

The Eidos merger already helped make them even more cancerous.

Pic without text, please?

the post answers itself

Anything for you, Satan.

I loved that game growing up. I'm pretty sure besides MMO's, I've never sunk as many hours into a single game as I did with LoM

You lazy nigger.

I still have the mostly intact remains of my old strategy guide that I used for crafting values and a copy of the game. I'll probably get the Ultimania eventually.

All games they didn't develop a fucking thing for and only published. Sage for being a retard.

And Enix can die for what they did to Bust-a-groove/Dance summit.

square better make her tits gigantic or they wwill be lucky if they reach 1% of original FF7s sales.

Why is Trigger in that picture, he's supposed to be on the moon

i don't know
somehow i get an inferiority complex looking at tifa with a dick

Square are overrated as shit.

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=gus_(clarkii)

is your pic the example or not?

I've recently started playing it again in a emulator, and fucking damn LoM is fucking hard as balls, at least until getting magic
and to be honest, history wise its not that good either, but their are are the one thing really impressive

I'm spitefully waiting for this to completely crash the already episodic and other questionably altered shit.

Indignation will temporarily unite West and East brothers of dick,unity to absolutely raise hell agaianst retarded pathetic pretentious puritanical bullshit.