Weird Console Accesories

So I learned about some weird accesories recently and thought this might be an interesting thread. Post weird accessories or lesser known ones.

The one that specifically baffles me is the Rez vibrator. Made solely for the PS2 version of Rez, it seems the only use of this thing was, well, for masturbatory purposes. Any of you degenerates ever own one?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamegirladvance.com/2002/10/sex-in-games-rezvibrator.html
please
archive.is/prTzz
archive.is/f6isH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I fucking wish.

found an interesting article about a gamurgrill that tried it out. Pic related.

that better not be a kid

Apparently there was a biosensor for the N64. One would attach it to one's finger or dick I guess and certain games would change according to your heart rate. Apparently Tetris was compatible. Apparently the GBA had a TV tuner as well, though it baffles me as to whom would watch TV on such a small device with such shitty sound.

this is a /cuteboy/ board only

Not that I know of. Came from this article: gamegirladvance.com/2002/10/sex-in-games-rezvibrator.html
That I found linked in another article: please use archive.is/2006/07/26/rezs-trance-vibrator-not-sexual/
Archive here: archive.is/prTzz though it seems that blog has been dead for years.

Reminds me of a similar one I had for my GBC

Nope
I played the Rez HD port with controller vibration instead

Apparently the PC engine had something similar. Pic related. Apparently bass sounds would be amplified though the cushion for non sexual reasons I suppose

Other interesting finds. Cant find much regarding the SP add on, but apparently the wonderswan had a gps addon. Not only that but there was a pacman game in the works that never saw the light of day, that would use the gps and make, well, I guess your neighbourhood as a pacman level.

Had a shitty speaker, not helped by the audio being generated by the CPU itself if I'm remembering right. Quality goes up dramatically playing in an emulator or on a real system with headphones.

That'd be damned cool, actually. 'Specially if you live inner-city or anywhere else with shit-tons of twists and turns because of the building design.

I guess Tokyo commuters would like to watch TV if they got bored of playing games.

In Japan, if a "ghost" catches you, you get sent to the fantasy world. The ghosts are all named Truck-san.

a friend of mine actually had one of these, it was probably a very neat idea back then

Would still be a neat idea if commercial solar batteries were worth a goddamn.

fuck off you stupid faggot

is that solar power for the OG gameboy? That is pretty cool

Isn’t this the one that the one “comic” artist drew his underage daughter masturbating with?

Reported. All faggots will be executed.

I had one of these. I'd just leave the thing outside during the summer then play the games at night on the porch with a light on. Comfy as fuck.

jesus christ, first I'm hearing of this.

noice

Also found this, don't know if its technically an accessory but it sure as hell is ridiculous. The wheel is like the plastic one that came with the Wii where one inserts their wii remote. There must be some autist here who had one

I got about 3 hours out of it on a car trip and then it never worked again. Still have it somewhere.

The handy gear turns your game gear in to an xbox sized handheald. It was pretty well designed though.

What was the point of the handy gear though?

lewd

I cannot understand how a just vibrating box had ever passed QA. Seriously what did people think would happen with that?

I remember reading the Rez/Trance Vibrator wikipedia article many years ago and it linked to that article. Some quotes from it.

Pretty soon the levels and the images onscreen were just a faint blur to me. I knocked off my glasses and leaned back. I was in a daze. From far away, it seemed, I could hear Justin saying things like, "I made it to the next level!" and "This is cool!" but I was lost in my own little trance vibrating world.
We drew the curtains and darkened the room. Justin played for hours. Dreamily I would once in a while say things like, "Could you do the 2nd Area again? That's my favorite."

Now, let me confess that this is not the first time that I've used a game component to, er, stimulate myself physically. Ever since they invented the whole rumble pack/vibrating technology in controllers, it's been on my mind, and sometimes in my practice (fellow game girls, you know what I'm talking about). The thing is, though, it's often frustrating since the vibrations are not nice and steady, but sporadic. Also I found it's tough to actually play the game and use the controller in nasty ways at the same time. I did discover that Halo was a pretty good game for this (although for not much else), because as the gunner in the Warthog, you have unlimited ammo and you can just park yourself somewhere and rat-tat-tat to your heart's content. Another issue, and one not solved by the Xbox controller, is the shape of the device - less than ideal. That's why I was so excited by Rez's trance vibrator, since it seems to have no other purpose than to act as a masturbatory aid. Its shape is pretty nice, it can slip easily under your skirt or in your panties, it comes with a protective "glove" which you can wash, and it emits a regular pulsating rhythm that gets ever more intense and thrilling the deeper you go into the game. Damn, by the end I was writhing on the floor! Synesthesia indeed.

Brother had that, as a kid it was pretty cool. Though looking back it's absolutely ridiculous looking. The magnifier had lights in it, and I think there was space for GB carts in the bottom of it.

They knew goddamned well what was going to happen with that, they just couldn't come right out and say it without getting the prudes riled up. If they could have legally done so, I'm sure they would have packed in a few doses of ecstasy while they were at it - since that's obviously the experience the developers intended.

Maybe it gave it an hour of battery life. Those things took 6 AAs and still ran out really fast.

supposedly, one had to put the vibrator into one's pocket and aid immersion I guess? Even so, the article here points out the accessory is packaged with a re-washable plastic glove, so, yeah, they clearly knew what they were doing with this game.

google did that

It is a thing. Not really gaems but a thing.

Just unearthed mine to refresh my memory. Storage for 2 games and, more importantly, bigger batteries for longer gaming marathons.

I used the Game Gear TV Tuner until they shut off the analog signal. That shit was the best.

The GBA had some glucose meter that rewarded you for checking you blood by unlocking minigames.

ftfy

Shit mate, wasn't that like a 3inch screen? How could you seen anything?

Kek. I remember reading about this or watching a video, I'm not entirely sure. Apparently the dude that produced the game or developed it? had a son with diabetes. So the game was made so his son (and all kids with diabetes) would remember to check their blood more often.

Fuck.
I don't suppose you have a video of that?

sadly no

Congratulations on finding an article that's older than the internet.

Holy shit you faggots

get some bulk and fill your own caps you fucking pleb, unless of course you enjoy not knowing what the fuck is in your drugs. russian roulette is fun right?

you fucking dumbshit, it's not an actual glove for your hand.

"glove" is in quotes, it's just a square black pouch for the unit itself.
source:have one

Because OBVIOUSLY that's a picture he took and not just a random find off of google images.

You need to lay off the drugs, buddy, they're clearly frying your grey matter.

Where did he say the glove was for your hand?

It was just a case to protect the game gear from being dropped or getting water or sand in it and it had a magnifying glass on the screen window. I like things that fit comfy over other things

he said it was plastic, whereas the actual glove is felt, or felt-like.

I feel like that's more cute than it should be, for some reason.

The "personality change" you get from LSD is literal brain damage.

Thats so you don't get the fluids directly on the unit while providing soft felt goodness

Ah, so not only are you illiterate, you're belligerent. Got it.

Reminder that Rez just got a PC port today. And fuck whoever tagged this is Steam
archive.is/f6isH

Drugcucks leave >>>/ovens/

that is pretty dope. For what console is it?

Fucking knew some degenerate here would have one. Post webm of you using it, pls.

I'm rather partial to this PS2 controller.

Looks like the N64 but there's other versions too.

Might want to take another look at the picture, user.

ARE YOU A BUCKFUCKER JOHNNY?!

Shouldn't the cable be on the opposite end?

It's a Dreamcast controller. All of the cables are on the wrong end.

…it even has that groove to redirect the fucking cable, so they KNEW it was stupid when they were designing it.

Just wow.

What happened to that one guy on Holla Forums that was building a gamecbe (maybe) controller that was shaped like the evangelion mech trigger controller?

This is a great looking controller.

The primary purpose is to clip the end (after you wrap the cord around the controller) so that it doesn't come undone. Like a traditional vacuum cord (not the ones with the internal wheel), except the clip is on the controller and not on the cord.

Sega is killing it on PC this year

I jerked off to that article a few times.

It's a handheld. It's made to be held relatively close to your face anyway.

Do any of you know a doujin about a woman who can't stop masturbating?

Drugs are bad and drugs are wrong and you shouldn't do drugs

I mean that's not including this drug over here that I personally enjoy and approve of, THAT ONE is fine!

it's just all these other ones I don't use that are unacceptable. Simple right?