Theme park managing games

Hoy Holla Forums

I want to build a fun park.
The last fun-park related game I played was "Theme Park" (yes the bullfrog 1994 one).

I see that nowadays there is a lot of offer around. What title is the best for business management challenge and quirky fun making crazy attractions?

Other urls found in this thread:

openrct2.org/
nedesigns.com/rct2-objects/?order=dd
rct.wikia.com/wiki/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_Wiki
ae.rctspace.com/index.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Planet Coaster is decent, although it doesn't run great when your park gets large.

tbh

This is a nice pic. Could you share also the name?
I believe by the mr bone wildride memes is Roller coaster Tycoon. What version is it?

its the mobile version, dummy

It's roller coaster tycoon. Planet coaster is good too, but it still ain't RCT 1 or 2.

which is the one with denvo / did they remove denvo yet?

The sequel was pretty good.

how are you supposed to get people to the back of your park rather than just at the front

OpenRCT2

There are no good park games anymore. I loved Zoo Tycoon and Operation Genesis back in the day. Parkitect looks kinda interesting though.

That's the mobile version, steer clear. Roller Coaster Tycoon 1/2 is best. 3 is alright as well.

Just some useful stuff that used to be int he OP of the old RCT1/2 threads

Open source RCT2 project. RCT2 but with better guest pathing, time warp, large res screen shots and other things.
openrct2.org/

Custom objects for making more autistic realistic looking parks
nedesigns.com/rct2-objects/?order=dd

the wiki
rct.wikia.com/wiki/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_Wiki

custom objects and rides
ae.rctspace.com/index.htm

I think there were some more but can't remember them.

you need rct2 to play openrct2 though

God, I feel old thinking about this.

Oh nice I still have the CD-ROM for this with the add-on.

I remember playing Sim Coaster (called "Theme Park Inc" in some locales") for actual years when I was a kid.

Shame that I never actually beat it and nowadays if I run it it almost always crash to desktop 2/3's into the game campaign.

Made by Bullfrog as well. Shit was so cache.

They haven't removed denuvo yet, those fags, even though people are telling them to do so now that it's cracked because they don't want to support a game with shituvo in it.

Planet Coaster is good, but it feels so half-baked. The content is pretty lackluster. You have four choices of themes (fantasy, Western, sci-fi, pirate), but there's only like one or two rides for each of these themes and only a handful of decorations or animatronics for the others, but way less decorations and animatronics for non-themed shit. It's difficult to figure out how to place things to make a cool ride, it's weird trying to figure out the sweet spot for a ride so everyone enjoys it, there's no waterfalls, and the only horror animatronic is the fucking Kraken. There's also no waterpark stuff, which is unforgivable.
There's mods, but the mods are all terrible blocky shit.

I'm going to dump what I made/saved from those

Theme park on the sega megadrive

I'd get it if it wasn't for that. guess I'll have to pirate it.

have you considered piracy?

Even the 'good' ones that pop up (Planet Coaster, Cities Skylines) are only good so far as they aren't the pure shiet that the loveless cashgrabs like Simcity are.
Still, I find myself hoping "Planet Safari" is really going to be a Zoo Tycoon spiritual successor just so I have something to scratch that itch.

Theme Hospital was a gem.

i own rct2 why would i pirate it?

I remember playing some theme park game on the PS2 when I was younger. Maybe it was a RCT.

wow you just made me google ps2 RCT and i regret it

How's that excitement in 2nd pic even possible?
Is that made with custom object or mods?

its a bug related to the amount of "air time" the ride has. "air time" or time when the G's are zero normal helps boost a rides excitement rating. it normal happens at the crest of a hill but with that ride its also experienced during the upside down part of the inline twist. because there are so many inline twists and the ride goes through them so slowly it gives it crazy air time, which in turn completely fucks up the excitement rating.

Never forget, the true race of masters.

I want to host the ORCT2 server again, but these threads die before momentum can get going

yeah I know what you mean. maybe start a thread Friday, if this one is dead which it probably will be, and say it will be a weekend thing. say the times and time zones when the server will be hosted. you'd only need like 3 or 4 other anons, wasn't that the kind of numbers we had last time?

It was 4 at a minimum, with a few randoms joining in as well. I'll make a thread for Friday, barring any new developments in my schedule, and have the server up shortly after. I'd only be able to have the server up for 8 hours a day like last time I hosted. If their dedicated server wasn't shit this wouldn't be an issue.

what time zone?

CST: Central Standard Time (US)