Mario thread

Mario thread

If you're excited for Odyssey and haven't played 64, Sunshine, or Donkey Kong 94, now's a good time

Why play Sunshine, as a reminder not to get hyped for Nintendo games?

I was about to correct you.

WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE NEWFAGS
I WAS PLAYING MARIO BACK IN THE DAY WHEN I USED TO KIDNAP TEENAGERS IN JAPANESE ARCADES

And that's when I knew the internet was smarter than the average normalfag who spent a good year going "How could this happen?! :^("

Back in the day I was really disappointed by Mario 64 after playing the 2D stuff. I loved both SMW and SMW2 and 64 just felt like absolute trash
Glad I switched to PS1

To be fair, you can present an argument in an assholeish way. That said, if it's funny then most people tend to give you a pass.

kids do these things out of a desire to get a reaction, at least most of the time.

that said, ingraining the grain of thought in a 25 person classroom for it to be brought up at a mention is an appealing consequence of a joker

This is a 100% true.
t. joker who let my entire home room realize why homeroom headcounts were so important to the school. It's common knowledge that the head count during homeroom would let the state know how much shekels to give a school. That's why teachers were so upset at people skipping home room class. Their bosses are losing shekels so they get yelled at as well which then cascade the yelling to the students.

What worlds would you like to see? I hope for an Asian themed world or an underwater one.

Underwater world is all but confirmed though.

Hoping that desert world turns out to be a revisit to Sarasaland since that'd be a lot of fun. Also some appearance of Wario.

I can dream, god damn it, they didn't merge their R&D teams just to hold out on me like this.

Roman themed? And also a machine world like the Dreadnaught in Galaxy.

Nintendo is amazing at missing the fucking point by an inch.

How can they fuck up a water world? Hardmode: has to do with the design and not the controls

Some kind of misty spooky level would be cool

There will be a breathing mechanic similar to Sanic. There will be plenty of points but breathing will be tedious and make you hate the water level by the end.

Don't 3D Marios usually have breathing mechanics in underwater stages, though?

is that a bad thing?

Your half right in that the breathing meter is back, but you can also possess water life to avoid drowning. We've already confirmed hat possessed Cheep-cheeps.

Finally finished Galaxy 2 and it's just as quality as Galaxy 1. Nintendo really put everything they had left over from Galaxy into this. Yoshi is lots of fun and the soundtrack is phenomenal as well.

My main complains are that Luigi is too slippery and so I never wanted to use the slimy fucker. Second, unlocking everything in Special World requires you to collect every hidden star, every comet star and every last scrap of star bit, which is a mega pain in the ass. Also, the first half of the game is probably way too easy.
Rosalina's observatory > Spaceship Mario

Galaxy 1 is pretty but linear and mediocre as fuck, literally the Uncharted of platformers

no, I'm just trying to think about how that would feel to someone

It is linear, but I disagree on how that makes it bad. It's still a fantastic game.

Whats the best way to play SM64 today, real N64 hardware (I have the console but I have to get it back from a friend), N64 emulation, or getting the DS version?

The DS does change some things around, so if you want a pure experience you might not want to start with that one.

Emulate the DS version and get SKELUX analog support plugin

If you have the console and the cartridge I'd say just go with that, otherwise emulation but you'd need a USB N64 controller or adapter because trying to keyboard it is fucking impossible

If you have an actual N64, it's defiantly the purest experience. Emulating isn't a problem, though, and you can load up some shitty rom hacks when you're done. Even better if you have an old N64 controller to use, but that's up to you.
I don't hate the DS version despite the changes, but absolutely play the original before you touch it.

Wario has never appeared in a main mario game that isn't 64ds. Be a good time to break tradition now that shiggy has lost face over star fox zero bombing.

if its good it would feel pretty great, having such a big library open to you. i got a hand me down copy of heroes of might and magic and i was thrilled to learn that there was an entire rpg series and 2 more homm entires

Does anyone else think that they're holding out on announcing Daisy? They seemed kind of hesitate to answer and I believe they avoided the question when one of the E3 hosts compared the desert level to Sarasaland. They already announced Pauline so my guess is that they didn't want to blow their entire load in a single presentation.

I've got hope for it since the R&D team responsible for Super Mario Land, Wario games, Rhythm Heaven and some other handheld stuff got merged with the R&D team that does "normal" Mario games due to the Switch's merger of handheld and console divisions.

Daisy banned for being a cwapface.

You think? I was expecting Wart to reappear in Mario 3d World, but surprise surprise it's Bowser for 1000th time.

It sucks that Nintendo seems to be afraid to use characters like Wario and Daisy. If they are going to use franchises like Mario to sell consoles they should at least use all the characters from the series to keep it fresh.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "ruler" of each kingdom was a forgotten/neglected Mario character, Steam Gardens could easily be Stanley the Bugman since Arcade characters are fair game

I'll wait for the pc port.

Nintendo is afraid of people who don't buy or play their games Not like anyone can, because even Amazon is scalping Switches for 100+ extra

They went and removed Sombrero Mario from the box art after people started bitching on twitter.

Foreman Spike would be Israel?

That's another reason to NOT make me buy the switch

all i heard is brace for fairy lewds

When did this political correctness madness start?

Is that just for the Western box? Is the Asian box still the same?

its always been there, the internet just makes everything louder. everything.

What kingdom would she rule over?

waifu laifu kingdom

sounds good

It would be good if a kids first game was Odyssey and they were put on the right track.

You're a fuckin stooge mate.

Wasn't it just one retard who got btfo by like 100 mexicans that was offended and on their behalf. I'm worried but the water world looks better on the cover and Calaca Desert is still in the game.

We just need to see Mushroom Kingdom, Frozen Kingdom and Beverage Kingdom look like, I wonder what Beverage Kingdom will look like in regions outside of Japan, I wonder if that Kingdom is the reason why the game is E10+.

I wonder if adding Wario was the cause of that.

Not an argument

What the fuck are you on about

Someone brought up a while ago that an Odyssey promo had a Peach's Castle sticker with a design we've never seen before on it, so the Mushroom Kingdom level will probably be there

I completely forgot that Nintendo's main team is developing the game, fucking it up big time and dropping the ball for the millionth time.

I hope it'll be fun for people with no friends.

I know it's there, it's on the world map, just like the other ones I mentioned.

I wouldn't say dropping the ball, sure would be swell to have Super Wario 3d World, don't care for Wario in Odyssey, do want to see DK, but I doubt it.

Who?

some stupid bitch that debuted as another damsel in distress.

Epic. You want anyone to take the rest of your posts seriously as well, faglord?

You're a fucking idiot.

what if you rescue daisy but she turns into a fucking fly and it turns out the real daisy was never kidnapped

what if you rescue daisy but she turns into a fucking fly and it turns out the real daisy was never found

I've wanted to see Daisy in fucking anything outside of a sports game for a decade now and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

What if Bowser is actually being Capped by an evil cap the whole time and in the end you team up with him to smash the Brudals.

what if bowser was a loli and she kidnaps peach because she wants a big sister

Sometime in the 1960s maybe?

Any game that isn't fun without friends is shit

Man, I really want this to turn into a Super Mario Generations. Let's see characters from all across the Mario Universe appear. I want to see Donkey Kong, Daisy, Wario and Rosalina all show up as well.

Hah, that is not half-bad, my good sir.
However, I raise this to you…

I wanna see India, Japan, Poland, UB Iwerkz inkblot inspired levels and old timey 'Classic' America akin to the 50's, Mexico, Romania, Late Nightclubs & Cyberpunk (Since they're making mario look out of place) and old France, there are a LOT of things I want to see from this game, and I mean a LOT. My expectations are pretty, especially knowing how this game is supposed to be "Sandbox"

There has never been a time where the devs have fully COMPLETED a Mario game, and I sincerely hope this is it, they are always unfinished one way or another. I really, really hope this breaks the standard in modern 3D platforming and blows everyone away. For gods sake, let BOTW be the dud but Odyssey the fireworks.
It would be absolutely fucking amazing if they chose Italy and explored the lore of Mario's family, maybe show Luigi making some pizza, or lotsa spaghetti.

Maybe have Mario go to a 'Day of the Dead' version of 'The Underwhere' from Super Paper Mario, having cosmic undead marios (or skeleton mariachi marios) follow him around, make it meta and have those marios be lost lives from the times you've died earlier in the game. I swear if there is no full-blown Mariachi Mario, I'm going to be slightly disappointed. I see a lot of potential for exploring the European side of Spaniard Mexico, and slowly have him tread into the ancient Aztec tombs, which is where that floating head boss comes from I'm guessing. I really, really want each world to have different bosses along with new power ups, I would be unhappy if the only thing here was the hat possession gimmick. Having a Skull Mario who has offensive capabilities akin to the fierce diety mask from Zelda would be amazing. I really wish this game turns out to be GOTY and not another 7.8.
PLEASE.

I want to see what the Maraca village place looks like at night, and if there are different places, I do hope they have calaca shrines and tall Mariachis to counter the short maraca players. I don't want to see only Manlet village. I love seeing characters taller than Mario!

Japan is probably a lock if Miyamoto's shirt around the launch of Super Mario Run was any indication. Beyond that and Italy, this reeks of wishful thinking.

its fucking midnight try not to be so spooky

Yeah, what do I expect from Nutendo Hard Innovation and quality? Fucking HAH.
I just wish they kept generating quality titles, I haven't had a Mario have an impact on me since Bowser's Inside Story, and that was an RPG. Mario sort of 'Fell’ after 2010.

Man, I wonder who inside Nintendo is autistic enough to make Mario levels into a personal playground. Speaking of playground, a Playground level would actually be pretty fucking kickassl, it would suit the classic American world nicely. Having Mario go through multicolored pipes, and into a ballpit to fight the playground bully as a boss. Damn, I want it know.
I hope they make Daisy the queen of Mexicoland, along with a Spanish cathedral castle. Have Dry Giga Bowser be an extra, or a secret final boss in the land of the dead and your Mario army fights against his tyranny in the best Mario boss fight of the franchise.
That would be cool, very cool.

Spooky? SPOOKY! You're a fucking genius! They could also have minibosses like they did in BOTW! If Mario is running through the desert at night, he could have ominous shadows following him, then if they chase him for enough time, the shadows will merge together into a huge boss akin to Phatamanta from Super Mario Sunshine. Who knows, it could be at a certain time, even a certain date, it could be at an extremely specific time like the "Mirage Islands" from the GBA Pokémon games!

Following on from the spooky, they could implement bosses that only appear at night and are based on regional forklore, like evil Yokai in the Japan, and the "Llorona" character from Mexican folkrole, which is a banshee, not to mention the classic Goatsucker (Chupacabra) that will drain your health to restore his! As I've said, Super Mario Odyssey has the chance to be THE game. /the/ platformers with extremely well implemented exploration elements with fresh beautifully executed ideas!

if you havent played Mario 64, just do the world a favor and kill yourself

well those are pretty good ideas. if they present it well it could be something people remember for the rest of their lives.

Honestly, I just want Dry Bowser with a unique boss fight.

Bowser Jr. managed to get plenty, and he's the Luigi to Bowser's Mario.

They've never done secret final bosses for 3D Mario games but Dry Bowser in that wedding suit would be fuckin rad

Buttblastered