That one game

…you know and love, with a great concept, story, graphics, music, level design and gameplay. There's just one little thing that bothers you about it. Now you've got a chance to fix it.

Hitman: Codename 47. Clearly a game way ahead of its time - starting the disguise-based stealth "genre". Everything about it was amazing - but yeah, the most important thing - the stealth - was pretty basic. As long as you had the correct disguise and didn't kill anyone, you could do whatever you want. Run or stare into a guard's face (even if you're the only white guy in there). Just use Blood Money's stealth mechanics and there - you have a perfect game.

Why not play the new ones? Because I think they did everything else worse. Soundtrack for C47 was peak Jesper Kyd. The story was kind of forced in Silent Assassin, and nonexistent in BM. C47's story made it easy to attach yourself as the Hitman - starting as a clone in the basement, having to escape while being watched by some mysterious figure. Level design went way down since C47 - I mean, there's nothing like Lee Hong Assassination in all the new ones. Just give me proper stealth mechanics!

What game would you like to fix?

Castlevania SOTN.
The only thing that bothered me is that Richter's sprite didn't match his portrait.

Wario Land 4
Prove me otherwise.

You know most of Hitman Codename 47's levels were remade in Contracts right?

They even made missions like the first mission significantly better by adding many more ways to kill your target.

All games have flaws

Not this one

Doesn't have the super shotgun or revenants.
Boom, flaws.

It's too easy

start playing it on an acceptable difficulty user

I play on Ultra Violence, it's just not that hard aside from Thy Flesh Consumed, which is a bonus episode. Everything else about it is great, and it set a solid framework, but after beating Plutonia it's hard for me to go back to go back because it's just so much easier.

C++

Morrowind: Game now has Mount and Blade's combat.

The Windows 10 and Pocket version are C++. Even microkike is now killing off the Java version.

Honestly, I am surprised M$ didn't remake the game using C#.

I understand that they reused his sprite from older game, but at least they could have draw him resembling his sprite.

Because of the existence of OpenMW this is actually theoretically possible to accomplish

Considering that we now have multiplayer in OpenMW, Anything Is Possible®

Have you perhaps missed the point of this thread?

ur a fag.
morrowind combat is its soul, and it works great.
yeah ok kiddo, keep trying, lvl up, you will improve, wax off, wax on

by the way, morrowind was the last rpg in tes frenchise. all the other games after that are fantasy first person shooters with melee weapons.

Morrowind combat is fucking shit no matter how you look at it.

Multiplayer may/maynot take less work than a full combat rework

Multiplayer can be done by 1-2 codemonkeys in a few months. On commercial games it tends to take just a few weeks to get a simple p2p multiplayer gamemode setup. It used to even get patched into singleplayer games back in the day. (Like Deus Ex, Metal Gear Solid 3 had it in it's subsistence version etc). Client/server models take longer but aren't impossible to do.

However, combat reworks take a lot longer, especially on the scale people want for something like Morrowind. It requires fully reanimating not just the first person animations but also third person. And bare in mind Morrowind has multiple player races so beast races would require their own set. Animations alone are the problem and the vast majority of mods that include custom animations look janky as fuck. This would also mean extensive testing. It could also require things like tweaks to the physics system for things like marksman combat.

And this is just for sword combat. I predict it would also require reworks of all the enemies to make them less passive (since the majority of non-human enemies in the game just walk up to the player and melee them or stand still and cast a spell). It's why if there was a big push for a reworked Morrowind combat system I'm predicting it would take a few years to do and a really big team of devs to actually finish.

Even Daggerfall's combat was better than Morrowind only because enemies die much more reliably. (Especially at the start of the game) and because of how everything is a sprite so you don't see your 3D model go physically into the character and nothing happens.

So don't play RPGs faggot.

Ebin trips with no argument faggot.

I never played the Windows 10 or Pocket version, because

I'd argue at least a few of them were better in their C47 iterations, especially the Lee Hong Assassination.

I pretty much had this attitude when I first played Morrowind because I had never played anything D&D inspired to that point. Still managed to have fun because of the glitch that allowed you to permanently upgrade stats with a certain spell. Maxing out acrobatics and flying around is still fun today

Thief: The Metal Age?

Rushed development resulted in obvious cut missions towards the end. You think there were originally supposed to be two climactic ending missions back-to-back? I think you could even argue (and I would) that The Dark Project is better solely on the virtue that it more thoroughly takes advantage of the uniqueness of the setting.

The AI is braindead, partially blind and somewhat deaf. Once they hear or see something ,they cheat by knowing where the player's position is.

The problem with the Dark Project is that it's obvious it wasn't mean't to be solely a stealth-game until the last few months of development. The stealth is a bit spotty at times.

The second half of DS1 isn't rushed. I'm a pleb, I know

The best weapon in video game history is a bad thing.

Well he's kinda right, I can't think of a single proper RPG with a good combat system.

Dark souls.

I think a lot of people would take issue both with it being a proper RPG and with it having a good combat system.

Speaking of stealth, i'd like to see a stealth game where the guards had almost completely random paths they would patrol around.

As in you have a mansion, bunch of guards are patrolling it and whenever they come to an intersection there'd be equal change as to which direction they'd take instead of going from A to B everytime or maybe set so that they'd go from A to B but would change the route they go towards their goal everytime.

Those people are stupid then.

I sadly have 2 problems.