SS13 - Space Station 13 LOL edition

Its an autistic round-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator with clowns
You download the BYOND client byond.com/
Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.
byond://87.117.247.20:33447
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide
Chaosyourgod is the current owner of the server, meanwhile 8chanserverhost administrates it and maintains the server.
>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact either Chaosyourgod or 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.
If you know anything in regards of the game, and you'd like to help us, we need to update the information on the wiki, and it would be fantastic if you could contribute. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Genetics_Guide
pastebin.com/raw/15FtWVCp
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/blob/Bleeding-Edge/code/game/machinery/bots/draculabot.dm
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/blob/Bleeding-Edge/code/game/machinery/bots/farmbot.dm
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/46
pastebin.com/TT7qXKSX
pastebin.com/jE83Tft7
pastebin.com/GwgsDSwN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Github.
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station

I'll add that in next time, thank you.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

[tab] OR RIOT
Also the other paper things like form.

Cuntboy surgery requisition forms or I unleash the singularity

Mimes are better than clowns.

How the fuck does that Mime's anatomy work

Very quietly.

No seriously, what is this hip to waist ratio, and how does on achieve it? Just asking for fun, haha

Loads of female hormones, or loads of money to get a trophy bride.

Maybe she dislocated her hip.

I bet it was a clown that did it, we should lynch a couple of them as retribution.

That's all the KoriathKode I'll be meme'ing about this thread, and I suggest we all keep it to a minimum, lest retards come in to defend him.

Fun fact: nu/tg/ is implementing disgust code that controls what foods your character likes and dislikes. Eating food you dislike can make you "grossed out" and can make you vomit or prevent you from eating.

Likes and dislikes are universal, you have no direct control over them whatsoever.

Oh, fuck that.

Sometimes people need a little bit of motivation.

Rookies, the lot of them.

No, races have pre-determined likes and dislikes.

As expected of dumb shits.

Nope. And there's no indication of what you like or dislike either until you eat something, but it's consistent across rounds.

They're still ironing out the code, and it's currently in a bugged phase where everyone's constantly slightly nauseous because the coders responsible can't even get that much right.

tbh

The only positive I foresee is more players slowing down to ask the chef for a specific meal, so he isn't just some fast food lord pushing out pizza and toast for 10 minutes before fucking off and dying in maintenance somewhere.

But then the chef meta will just become "make X not Y" instead of the current "I'm going to make a meme dish, which meme will it be this round?"
No point having dishes that cause negatives, so they'll never be seen.

please don't. I didn't shit up your round validhunting you.

DONT BE SO MEAN TO ME

The nature of SS13 is to break the rules and to kill without getting caught.

If you're doing your job you should be doing it to sabotage the station and it's employees in subtle ways to create chaos down the line

Whether it's the chemist packing pills labeled as medicines with sleeping poisons or the mechanic cutting power lines or the simple assistant crowbarring every tile he sees, if you're not shitting in some way, you're not playing the game. this ain't no job simulator, this is fucking sparta.

Fuck off, you homosexual faggot. Everything you said is shit behavior, and exactly why /tg/ and other such servers are such garbage.
Seriously, just hang yourself.

Nah

Nope, that's why tg, yog and hippie are complete cancer.
Rounds are over in under 20 minutes because everyone wants to try their shitty new meme that kills or disrupts, so it all coalesces into one giant fuck up that destroys the station.

It is a job simulator when you're non-antag, and only antags should be causing major problems. Minor shit like breaking things to achieve a goal is fine, but tearing down 20 walls because you're bored is cancer.

People like you is why I thread the day Holla Forums get it's own real space colony.

It's only game why you heff to be mad?

Shit tier antag tbh. I'll avoid ovening a ling (>>13168599
for instance) as sec if they are clever/fun about it. Shitters get meta griff and perma gulag or the cold embrace of the void.

I still liked my meme of putting remote signalers on the public APC's power wires.

Next time, I'm going to fuck with the air in subtle ways

You're banned everywhere else, aren't you?
Nobody wants to play with your playertype. We just wanna have fun, not ruin everyone else's fun because of some preconcieved type of meme from some shitty eceleb that decided that actually learning how to play the game is not the intended way.

Seriously, consider getting a VPN and booting up a VM to bypass nuTG's bans, it's incredibly easy to do and lets you play with your type on sybil. If you can't handle their bullying and rise to the top griffons on that server, you haven't really done anything of worth in this world.

cryogenics sabatoge and proximity bombs in key places are pretty subtle tbh

also fire patches and poison pills are fun.

Pleb.

I like to use the radioactive microlaser and replace it with the public one in medbay.

Oldest argument in the book

I was going to ask if they fixed the Azide bugs, but the wiki says it's removed.
Fuck that shit, azide is the fucking bee's knees in terms of tatordom. The entire gimmick was around getting all those chems into the body to metabolise, and every time it was done, it was hilarious.

okay, played a couple games on their server so far and from what i cant tell, the admins are utter faggets.

if you manage to robust any of them or their buttbuddies ingame, they will give your character braindamage, if your winning a fight against one of them or their buttbuddies, you'll get stunned from black smoke or some other admin activated bullshit until you lose that fight. there isn't a list of rules, so i can only assume the admins do shit based on personal preference and how much a player has sucked their dick, also if you call them out on any of this shit you get instamuted ooc and called a pubbie.

i was here for the first 8ch serb way back, and it seems every time the old one falls and a new iteration pops up the server gets shittier. i have no doubt the faggets will respond with 'you were being a shitter!' i wasn't. not even close. goddamn i could almost say the admins here are worse than the ones on /tg/station. /TG/.
in any case, move along, this shit is an abomination compared to what we've had previously.

name someone from the first 8ch server then

Give me specifics, Satan

I have noticed my character stumble around drunk as shit without making a trip to the bar or drinking anything. I've also seen someone get completely robusted by a rampaging tator and then get up like it never happened after the tator left the area. Both happened in two different rounds last night.
Can't really say shit about it in ooc between rounds as you immediately get called a pubbie the moment you complain.

you were being a shitter!

Replace shit screen with this

Can't fool me, satan!

make it 480x480 and sure

Since whoever changed it was lazy, I tracked(took 3 seconds) down a vaporwave of space oddity to pair with the A E S T H E T I C lobby screen.

Starts painful. Overall it's too sharp. Work on that a touch. Tone it overall down

This is the most low effort vaporwave edit I've ever heard. All they did was slow down the lyrics, added a second slowed down tracked with a slightly higher pitch, and made the music switch from left to right channel constantly.
Shit/10 apply yourself

That's not how vaporwave is done.

This is a vaporwave of Plastic Love by Maria Takauchi.

Instruments were added, like the drum set and the bassline behind it. The volume is set to mimic a heartbeat, the original instruments are echoed and screwed, the pattern of the song is changed, and of course the lyrics were pitched down to make the singer's sex ambiguous and thus harder to pin down as is tradition.

Low
FUCKING
EFFORT

in comparision to how it's different, here's the original song.

Vaporwave is the gateway drug to Japanese Funk.

The easiest way to bring attention to a problem is to bring a terrible solution.
Now that I have your attention, what would SS13's SPESS ÆSTHETIC song be? What evokes the comfy of a slow round?

nice taste my man

Man they underestimated this shit by a lot

why go for the A S S T H E T I C route, why not another genre, like the golden oldies?

fags

no u tbh

no
u

when are we gonna get those cute little drone shells back? Those are fun to mess around with when you ghost in em.

wouldn't they just be another mommi though?

but they're cute and tiny and allow dead players to still participate in a second role while also being really really cute and tiny.

I suppose we could nigger those but I'd like for them to not be mommi alternatives tbh their own thing as it were

How about make em buildable versions of the MMs? Robotics has cyber brains and everything, but unless Research does it's job, which it never does unless that one guy is on, you'll only get two. Providing a means for players to get back in the game in some manner would help the playerbase stay active.

I've been usually sticking down a mommi spawner when we're not on the hub but meta bullshit is still a thing

I don't agree with either of you.
There's two sides of this that are equally important: what players are supposed to do and what they actually do.

To make examples of what players are supposed to do: setting up cryo, setting up engine, locking secure storage as AI, cleaning the station, making medicines, doing R&D, go mining.
To make examples of what players actually do: make thermite, break into captain's office, tackle security, make a mess at HoP's offices, kill Pun Pun or variations, break into kitchen to steal knives, hack airlocks, bring gibtonite on board.

In principle I would agree with 758f78, however 5409fa bring the point of what actually happens.
How many times has any of the players in any server been fucked over by someone not doing what they were supposed to do?
How often did a greytide destroy your perfect plans? Or a security guy going bezerker? Or an admin wanting to fuck over the round for no reason?
And just how many times you've been fucked over while trying to help others? Or just because someone found it amusing to kill you and make you wait out the whole round?
In principle, yeah, it would be nice if people weren't retarded at all times and did their job… but in reality you just can't hope for that shit to work without setting up incredibly strict rules that ultimately ruin the game.

So both of you are wrong: 758f78 is wrong to ask other people to tone it down because it's basically retarded to assume anyone will do so and 5409fa is wrong because his attitude is the one of a shitter and while shitters are everywhere that does not excuse him for being one.

You want to know the REASON people shit up the station outside of the common trolls? They only have one life, and can't respawn, so people don't do their jobs and instead hole up and prepare for the shitters.

This is why I said the nature of SS13 is to break the rules, because if you don't you get fucked. If you don't break the rules you're given for your job, you're easy to find and a victim, you won't have weapons related to your job etc.

If you allowed people to respawn after, say, 5 minutes (be sure to include a counter that tells them when they can if you do and randomize their hairstyle and name or something), death has less of a consequence if you fail to live, traitors can still get their kill objectives fulfilled, etc.

Then again, if you want to have a dwindling party kind of feel at the end of a match, you shouldn't get respawns and instead replace that with robots who still have objectives, like keeping the station repaired or other things.

So you're answer to shitters is to be a shitter yourself? I don't think it's your job to make sure other players aren't shitters, that would fall to admins. If all you do the entire game is prepare for shitters, than why are you playing?

actually this imagine is correct, the player base in large has been replaced by people who don't play the game the way they're supposed to play it. it's a role playing game, it isn't fun with five minute antag valid hunting meta shittery rounds, the combat is the worst aspect of the game and the more popular servers has code bases which casualize everything to the point of trivial

I don't mean to be a defeatist but your idea would achieve the exact opposite of what you intend. When life is cheap people treat it cheaply. By encouraging this with easy respawns, you just create a culture of powergaming that reinforces itself; then you end up with early /vg/ or, God forbid, a NoX station. Why progress if the culture is free reset/new life/new rounds?

Why make effort advancing your department if the playerbase can't collectively punish those who make the game unfun for everyone? After all he'll be back in a scant few minutes to troll more, or make a halfass attempt at pretending to follow his silicon laws.

You guys here on 8-station need to decide whether you want to lean toward SICK MEMES or ARR-PEE, because there's no realistic balance that can be maintained without losing both. (Which then logically leans toward the absolute worst parts of the meme category.) Sadly, this often falls on the administration as GMs and arbiters of the mood of a round - therefore that of the server after enough of them.

Long story short, more respawns that can affect the round means more shitheads who make a job of ruining it while discouraging those people who enjoy permanence from creating/making/doing things (which, let's face it, are the only reasons SS13 is ever fun in the first place - even for the faggots who laugh at RP and taking the game seriously, because without them there's nothing to get "muh soft grief" on.)

If you want better players, reward better behavior.

No, they're better. No tools, more than one hand. No restrictions, either, just laws.

Who cares if someone does metabullshit as a MoMMI? There's barely anything to do. You just ban the obvious shitter who's not following their laws in something that's already massively gimped

You can silently ventcrawl into atmospherics and put burning plasma in the atmosphere.

you're not wrong and I think on our server we've got a nice balance, things only really go to shit when we're on the hub and when we get shitters who do try to shit things up we bully them pubbies if no one else does which is sadly more often then not

there has to be restrictions for silicons since they've got so much power it's silly

I've seen alot of pubbies try to fuck the station but only afew times when it was clear meta bullshit

Then explain the shitters.

they have no interest in AR-PE

Their restrictions are: No slots for anything, weak health, commonly grabbed by crew to fuck with.
Easy enough.

Pubbies in MoMMIs trying to fuck the station?

Your life is already pretty damn cheap on the average SS13 server; also, this is Holla Forums. We're bound to get more fly-by-night griefers than most.

It really is a beautiful thing to watch new servers before they succumb to bureaucracy or the meta-drama that seems to follow particular individuals. I genuinely hope it grows into an 8/v/ staple - good luck mate.

alt+tab, I did it all the time back when goon was the only station around.
There, that's how most shitters play.

weak health means nothing when you have unlimited mobility and the ability to interact with everything from a distance

yeah we've had more then enough pubbies joining going as mommis then heading straight to atmos and trying to plasma flood the station. although I'm more then sure half the times it's been that one goon and his friend that's been a plague on every 8ch server so far

I've been trying my best and so has everyone else to not give the shit stirers any kinda firepower to keep the meta-drama from winding up to the point of unstoppable but they'll always try to spin some WEAK bait for idiots to see not much you can do about that.

legitimate drama on the other hand was abit of a mistake on my part, I'm trying to get as many as the old regs back specially the coders and people who actually know what they're doing so that we can grow much more smoother and hadn't realized why certain things happened in the past the way they did until it basically got brought back up.

thanks for your hopes.

Your mobility isn't "unlimited", as much as it is standard borg mobility without worrying about charge.
Same deal with distance interaction. If you mean computers, sure. But not tools and shit.

Never run in to them, but have you considered possibly banning shitters, as opposed to hurting legitimate players?
Sec starts with a stun bat and easy access to cuffs, meaning they could easily start arresting people and tossing them into space. We don't delete sec, though, do we?

Once I got killed making a bomb, so I went mecha spider and cordoned off Security and the shuttle exit, while also getting rid of any signs I saw, confused the fuck out of the whole station and they never found out, and the robotic guy hacked me so I had the perfect excuse anyway.

That was a fun match.

Please also consider the late-joining roles.
every case of latejoining AI that has happened while I was administrating have been banned for shittery and purposefully fucking up the round and since it was too much trouble for what it was worth, it was removed from latejoining.
Consider it the drones like this.
If the drones have the ability to ruin rounds, maybe the regulars won't be pains when they're drones, but new players and pubbies will most likely abuse it.
Also, mommis exist so why even bother putting drones in.

You clearly don't know jackshit about SS13 yet you still have the balls to make suggestions regarding its mechanics.

standard borg mobility is all access bar from some venders, that alone is more then enough to warrant borgs to be as restricted as they are.

if you've never run into shitters then I'm doing my job correctly I would hope, I don't want to hurt legitimate players but I still have to consider pubbie shitters since we do encounter them so long as we're on the hub, tbh I'm starting to think we shouldn't be on the hub what so ever.

it's harder to meta game with that since you have to be hos at round start or late join as a sec and once you're dead that's it you don't get brought back if you're a shitter. but you're talking about something which you can rejoin the round with as much as you like which has more power then the whole of sec and can interact with the crew using anything they like right?

we've had that and it was good until he decided to get a canister from toxins to shitly flood with

there'd be a reason if we can find another use for them other then alt mommi' I'm not against adding them what so ever as such as wanting an actual use for'um

Respawning is a thing on other servers. You clearly don't know shit about SS13 if you think it's not a thing.

Sorry fags, was doing a test post to see if i could even post anymore. If you correlate this with any in-game event, don't, wasn't even playing at the moment.

I'm gunna correlate ur ass

There's ways to be revived in-game if you are NOT a shitter that gets caught destroying everything in his view and you communicate. Crewmen that are NOT medical can help you with that and more often than not, they do the extra leg of unfucking the damage done to you.

If you act like a shitter assistant just powergaming and griefing everything in your path, no wonder nobody bothers returning your sorry ass.

You're right, I think everyone should be given changeling abilities since its only fair.
Hell, since you love powergaming so much, Lets give every the captain's spare and an entire backpack with the armory too, hell, we could even give shaft mining an entire locker of materials, since who plays this game to do the job that they were assigned, am I right fellow gamer?

hey, you said it, not me.

s-sorry

Server tasks is being quite a pain. Hopefully it should be a little faster now.

Don't reply like an autist you fucking sperg thanks

s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-so-so-sooo-sor-ry-y!?!~…!

Please don't drop our thread quality down to /4am/ or /ffxiv/ tier, thanks.

tbh

The ONLY thing you need to do is set up solars and the station will run indefinitely, barring random event meteors or something.

Okay, update on the concept of the map
While I was working on it, of course, so this means i have to fuck around with cargo
thoughts and opinions thanks

I wasn't paying attention last thread: How do you move from ship to ship?

Explain, please. I'm sorry for not catching on.

I thought you said the station was a cluster of ships in an asteroid, or am I making things up in my head?

Asteroid.

Oh, it's built into an asteroid.
/tg/ has a map like that already, if you want to steal sections of it/get inspiration. I think it's called Ceres Station. Not included in our current build as it was made later on from our original fork.

That map is huge, though. Made for like 80 people.

Yes I am robbing it for ideas but making it less shit

Good luck, then. I'm also trying to make a new map, but you never really appreciate how much detail there is in each map, like all the placed items, all the fire alarms, fire doors, atmos piping etc. Just a lot of shit you don't realise until it's missing.

that's why you do it in parts

I'm appreciating at how much work is dedicated in our current map, since the only way I can map is if I've got alcohol in my system.

Maybe it's Maybellin.

Corsets.

that's a point, what about venders? is tofu universal ?

/tg/ was a mistake.

It's not individual foods; every food is split into 8 or so groups, and it's just yes/no for each species on whether they like meat, veg, alcohol etc.
Not even worth it, tbh.

you would think
that maybe
they would also
add
xeno dishes
that
you
know
each
species would like
AND
CAN
EAT

Go
back
to
re
dd
it
pl
eas
e
:^)

but I crossboard xd

Please stop.

Looks like a xeno cock tbh

you're a xeno cock tbh

With genetics, is it that certain blocks are predetermined to get powers once over 800, or must they have to be in the range to show if it's a viable block?

What I'm asking is, to test for bad/good mutations, should I just put blocks over 800 to rule them out quickly?

Genetics isn't a hard thing to grasp and I'm not exactly sure what you're asking in the first place.
Set output and duration to your preferred
Click on the first number on a block until it's above 8
Inject SE
Use a Clean SE if it's bad, or don't if it's just a small nuisance to not get tox damage
If it was bad set the number back to below 8, if it's good keep it above
Move onto next block and do the same
There is no special algorithms or variances on where powers will appear- just get it above 8.

Sorry, I was just using the wiki and it seemed to indicate that there were certain ranges for which the powers would only appear 8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Genetics_Guide

How Mutations Work

Disabilities manifest if the block is over 800.
Telekinesis: Block is spanning from C80 to ED8.
Hulk: Block is spanning from C80 to ED8.
Cold Resistance: Block is spanning from ABD to D16.
X-Ray Vision: Block is spanning from ABD to D16.

The wiki is half outdated and half completely wrong, since it's directly copied from /tg/ and /vg/ at places. Don't look at it like gospel.

I wasn't, hence I asked here.

This is a bad idea. I sincerely hope you do not do this.

Don't worry friend, engineering will be as far away from the station as possible to avoid any failed singularities.

Attached is the current brig layout I have. Not seen is the entrance to the gulag (you walk them there as the asteroid is on the same z level as station) which would be to the right of Cell 2.

Thoughts? Too small for 4 people? The general idea of the MemeStation brig (which I might change to MicroStation as it's smaller than MiniStation) is that the Warden stays there, Detective stays on cameras or is drinking in the bar, and the officers do whatever. Another option is making the Warden the Detective, for all intents and purposes, as neither will see a terrible amount of action each shift, and dropping total sec population to 3.

no bully about firelock missing from detective, wiring or atmos missing. that comes later

What now?
As I recall, and I may be wrong as I'm a filthy Paradise main, genetics has 4 types of powers:
-Disabilities
-Useless
-Minor
-Major

Disabilities are blindness, deafness etc.
Useless is shit like clown/swedish-speak.
Minor is stuff like heat resistance.
Major is telekinesis, hulk etc.

Each has a different hexadecimal you have to aim for, but for the sake of knowing if a block is correct, you just aim for the threshold for Major every time, which is DAC. Easier way to achieve this is only roll the first slot for E.

Stations should be designed with inherent inefficiency and intentional catastrophic design flaws in mind. Designs so efficient that you barely have to leave your station are boring as hell and chance of freak accidents is the salt of the game.

I personally despise playing any small station, regardless of how many players, given that there's no good means to sneak around.

As to your brig layout, it's very ugly, but not massively offensive. I'm not a fan of the tightness, but you say it's smaller than mini, so that's like to not really be much an option for bigger loads.
Where's the actual cells? What about permabrig?

From what I understand. we have more genetic options.

Also, replace the thing with one of these and stop being fucking cancer, seriously holy shit the current backdrop is so bad I genuinely want to stab whoever added it.

My main goal here is to reduce the size of sec as it's fucking huge, yet less used than other departments.
That being said, I was contemplating making it maybe 3 tiles taller, so I'll likely go ahead with that.

Another goal is to reduce department size while still having a fairly large amount of maint and construction zones, either for tatoring or expansion autism.
The cells are those grey-floored areas and extend a further 2 tiles south, including the windoor.

Perma will be on the asteroid as well, as I feel isolating perma as much as we usually do isn't as nice for tators. By putting it alongside the gulag, you can have other prisoners help them escape or have a miner come and help. Obviously, not going to make it too easy to escape, but I also don't want it to be a "lmao u sit here for da rest o da gayme no 2nd chance".

Make a PR :^)

The fuck's a PR?

What, so the places with the proper heavy doors?
I am really not a fan of having prisoners go through the main sec equipping area.

That explains it tbh

Yes. You can categorize powers into those categories, but I can also categorize Disability/Useless into 'Bad' and the other two into 'Good'. You're arguing over schematics.
Maybe that is how it is on Paradise. It's not on this server. If it's above 8 you'll get a mutation, period.

They don't. I've swapped to my other machine and can't take a screencap, but they are send into cells from the other side; those doors are just secondary so officers don't have to run around to stop prisoners breaking shit in their cells.

In hindsight, this Sec is pretty shit and I might start from scratch. I've found a few flaws in my initial design and will attempt to redo sec about 2 times the size of the image I posted.

Even worse, a few months after I stopped playing there, they decided it was a good idea to limit how many powers you could have, so you had to balance how many powers you had.

Well, if it's only 800, then that's ez to get. Might play genetics more often.

Bad mutations will show up after you pass 800. For good mutations, I usually aim for f00+. Once the number is high enough, you'll always get that mutation, no additional RNG bullshit.

The only mutation you need to be really watchful of is blindness, because if you get that you're basically dead unless someone can help you fix yourself. You can't interact with the console to spawn a new SE syringe, so keep a clean one in your pocket.

You can check for blindless disability by flashing your pen lighter at the test subject's eyes. They will act different from default so you can rout it pretty easily. Not many people tend to do that though, it's weird, they get all the tools to prevent their own downfalls but it's always the same shit, they forget to do their jobs proper.

It's a lot easier to keep a clean SE in your pocket.

It's a lot easier to just test the monkey for blindness before you inject yourself with broken genes like a tard.

I've never chosen to be an antag. Always picked useful jobs like engi, sci, mining. Rarely I felt the need for shitting and always legt other people to their devises. Comfy rounds, best rounds. I'm terrible at robusting others, but I'm the best at keeping the station repaired and afloat.

I'm always permanently alert for shitters, without having the need to resolve to weapons. So like good prey animal I'm fairly good at avoiding getting wacked for lulz.

It's most aggravating when the station has a little dent or a loose vine and people panic "OH GOD! GET THE SHUTTLE!" Get a grip, shitlords. I've fixed a station that got Cuban Peted, nibbled on by singus and purched by fire.

So when I say, "let them eat cake, put the drones in," It's because I'm your target audience for this class. I can't be the only one. There's much enjoyment to be had to fix shit and if you're killed by antag, then he has had fun too achieving his goal.

I can either inject a clean SE in a second, and since it's only one block I'll likely never have to do it again, or I can spend 5 seconds every time I change a block to check for blindness

With one sentence you've shown you know absolutely nothing about what you're talking about multiple times
Remarkable

Remarkable

Keeping a clean SE on hand and simply testing yourself is faster.

Aw, does someone need their diaper changed? Can't handle some confrontation? Cute. Maybe if you played genetics even a single time you might realize what you said is completely retarded, as I don't feel the need to spoonfeed you. Try again bud.

Ask me how I know you're not from around here.

I had an idea for something we could do later down the line.
Coding wise, it's simple: just a simple map rotator. It picks a random station (or votes, or rotation, or thematic per days, wathever).
Then we make more stations. Some of them very small and with a theme in mind, some of them large, and some normal one's.
Just to break the tedium. Imagine we make spooky station with tons of spooky shit.
We could have the game run 5 rounds on a normal station and then WAM, spooks time.

Breaks the boredom a bit.
I miss proper rotations in TF2 way too much.

One of the maps I'd love to do for this would be a "reclamation" map. You just go up to a station that's old, broken and abandoned and have to reclaim it. Actually make that an objective for the whole crew: a certain number of systems needs to be in full working order/a certain number of tiles needs to be correctly pressurized/a certain purpose randomized per run needs to be fulfilled (turn it into a prison station, turn it into a trade station) and so on.
Then… either latejoin traitors or a crapload of events to hold you back and add challenge.

I dunno, I'd settle for a simple rotation. I like variety.

It really depends on the quality of the maps, but I would like a 'no list follow round start' deal, so I am not against it.
As is, first thing to do is go to tool storage, get the insu gloves. If they're not there, go to the lot above cargo, get them from there. If those aren't there, get coin from the maint above cargo, use that to get gloves.
I'm sure you can see the problem. Easy to know exactly where to go and what to get.

Wouldn't it be possible to randomize the item spawns at the start of a round?

that's horrible tbh

it's 2small and the detective is right next to army with no r walls is abit silly tbh

I know, however our regs are a mixed bag so we can't go all the way with it

we could put rotation on, I don't know how well it'd pan out though since those maps haven't been touched what so ever

alot of items are already, just changing it on the map is all

Have you seen our current lot?
Someone wanted something aesthetic, we had something decent and aesthetic made, so I recommend we use that as opposed to literal eye cancer.

our current lobby is better then that imagine just cut in half

Why not create some sort of co-existence between MoMMI and drones?

>Drones, MoMMI's and other silicons on MoMMI/Drone uprising mode can create swarmer shells since those never get used as it is right now

But swarmers can nearly delete the station once their ball starts rolling, and you want to team them with Drones and MoMMIs?

MoMMI uprising mode is already full on delete station mode though it's not something that happens very often

we don't have have swarmers though is the thing but I like just about everything else there but

if uprising was better I'd actually button it for once

I think swarmers were ported or work on porting them began like a year ago but they're never used because they're admin spawn only unless they were later removed since then for some reason or never fully ported

But yeah the uprising mode exists solely as an end round thing similar to death squad

well I know that our code base isn't actually the most up to date sierra code since we're missing afew things from it like baseball bats and wooden shields

What if at round start, AIs roll to have a small chance of having a order given to them while they were being made?
So roundstart, game waits to see what lawset the AI will pick…
"Some NT worker in centcomm robotic's area said that AIs should never compliment other crewmembers to keep them on their toes. You must not compliment anyone until law 2'd to do so again."
You saw the vice-CEO Secretary moving clowns form the normal crew manifest to another area in his computer. Sounds like its free for all!
The Central Command rep knew you would choose this lawset. You will blow up in 5… 4…

random round start laws seems interesting but I don't know about orders

The blinding pink one?
Fuck no it isn't.
It hurts my eyes, you faggot. Multiple people've complained about this. Get cancer and die.

There is a reason drones were removed and it's for the best that they stay that way. Drone uprisings were fun as hell, but it's good that they're gone.

Ban shit players, not fun things.

I've yet to see anyone other then your self complain tbh

if we could make them work as well as uprisings then I'd be alright with it

They're really, really easy to abuse. What if we made them a traitor/deathsquad equivalent to the changeling's spiderlings?

that's too much tbh unless it had less access and can't do as much as a mommi or borg can

They're already implemented, roundstart AIs can pick any default lawset once.

Only if it doesn't get red eyes by default.

no I mean like those goon job objectives the crew gets but laws

what if we add weight to weapons so if you had say the armory in your backpack it'd slow you down and to sort of counter act that, you could have energy based weapon cells so that you're not massively gimped

Who's the faggot that always wears the rabbit ears and has pink hair?

Are you me? I'm a telecomms, solars, R&D, mining and sec autist that can't robust anything worth a damn because of my network connection so i sometimes also go medical and try to help everyone i see without any ill intent. I honestly don't understand why someone would want to just ruin everyone else's fun as nonantag, you can always ahelp to make yourself one or whatever so i don't see the point of shitting everything up.

It's purple hair you faggot and it's me
Am cosplaying as Reisen actually, because i finally beat LoLK in hard have to reach lunatic somehow

He gets a pass for another few days.

Did the HoS even live through that?

yeah he power gamed with the cmo with everything under the sun

Okay. May have uploaded the great and terrible W.G.W.. I then noticed that the non-fiction section was destitute. Give me the best greentext stories you have.

Is there a guide to formatting anywhere?

Yes. Pactical Penmanship Volumes I & II.
minus [tab] and [form].

That round ended different.
Any way to survive that?

You can get onto the mining asteroid.

Can you actually do what centcom said and go through the rift?

yeah?

MOUSE OVER THIS SPOILER FOR THE WORST FUCKING IDEA EVER

>Remove someone's head and surgically attach it to another person
>The original player controls the arms and items, the other player controls the legs
>Basically like that brain parasite thing, except more of a clusterfuck

Here's a thing I made for my paperwork if you wanna steal it. The top parts are all pieces of it, while the last section is for the finished product

pastebin.com/raw/15FtWVCp

Even better is both players can control everything, coordination and cooperation be damned also they can talk telepathically to eachother the same way ayys can talk to "linked" humans.

Based on my suggestion? A terrible idea given form. I don't know what else to expect from their server

well /vg/ has that multiple arm mutations thing

I'm pretty sure that's just a thing that is in the code right now.

o-oh

That might actually be a neat ayy experiment.

A gland that draws someone from the ghost/observer pool to be in the same body as the experimentee, and the body just does whatever inputs either puts in. They can talk to each other by whispering (or by just talking out loud to each other like a madman).

Excellent

If you both walk in the same direction do you twice as fast?

Alright, I've come up with a new idea for my shitty map that will never be accepted.

In this one, I've got a larger area which would either be used as an interrogation area or a kind of drunk tank for when you can't be fucked stripping and setting timers. If it's a drunk tank, interrogations can be done in the larger Detective office, which needs more furnishing and a phone to whack people's knuckles with. This would allow the Detective some more RP with prisoners and their proximity to the cells means officers can't just go "lmao i saw him do it 30 minutes brig" without the detective seeing it and asking questions.

We've got two cells that can be accessed from the back of the larger holding area, and would-be escapees can escape through the glass windows or, should they have a tator friend in chemistry, get thermited out of the walls easily.
Perma is going to be a portion of the asteroid as well as a gulag, which stays on the same z-level.

Other than that, not much change. I guess the armory got extended for some extra supplies; probably just a SecWay and a half-built Beepsky, which will require you to give up a helmet and stun baton from the already limited supply of them. Not sure if I want the armoury to have loyalty implants, as even a single box of them would effectively tator-proof half of the crew, accounting for jobs that spawn with implants already.

Chemistry might be reshuffled a bit, but that's the size I feel is good for a single chemist to work in with a smaller crew. At the most, maybe 2 tile extension westwards.

r8, h8, call me names.

Not impressive, at all.zd

Muh better looking sec.

I like the concept of a drunk tank… but does it need to be bigger than everything else bar the brig control?
Why not make it the size of the perma entrance chambers like on the current station?

good taste

It's like you like having your hair fall off and start vomiting at everything and everyone.

The going theory was "lmao that's the space i have :DDDDD"
It works mildly well at that size, as you could fit an entire cult or rev in there, but I can definitely see how it would be seen as too large, which might be a motivation to fill it up.

Here's something I whipped up in about 20 seconds; what do you think? Just squished the right hand side in by one tile and dropped the y size of the holding cell by one.

Personally, the only section of this I don't like is the wall placement of evidence storage. The only way I could make it a single wall and not double walls, which should always be avoided, is to pop out the armoury and detective's office back to where they were, which is easy enough, but it's 5AM and I need sleep, so tomorrow.

Starting to look viable. Beef up the walls for vault by detective's, though.
Also, detectives seems a touch big to me. If you're going to have it that big, I recommend at least adding the morgue spot our det has.

Last post, now bed.
Detective's office was actually smaller and just copy pasted and carpet was added so I remembered boundaries. Will definitely try to fit in a mini morgue/medbay. Maybe a single tray and a first aid kit should there be any punch ups in the tank.

takes literally 0.5 seconds to click on the DNA machine and swap hands to click on the subject with a penlight, you don't even have to close the DNA console window to do this. Meanwhile you have to wait 60+ secs for each injector of memepowers nevermind the toxin damage or the radiation knockdowns.
Also if you say "but what if i want to find xray" well the penlight also shows a different message when you find it and point the thing at the eyes of the subject, though nearsightness is something you can't easily find and virtually anything else on the list that can't be seen after FXX without injecting yourself is useless even for traitoring reasons, unless you're a changeling or some shit.

Hm. Can we port baystation and /vg/station bots?
> github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/blob/Bleeding-Edge/code/game/machinery/bots/draculabot.dm
Automates blood donations, rewards players with food every 55u of blood. Less useful in TGmed but hey.

> github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/blob/Bleeding-Edge/code/game/machinery/bots/farmbot.dm
No more watering the fucking plants.

Is there ever going to be a space station game that isn't hosted on such a horribly adware-ridden, trashy, garbage engine like byond?

Not having Flash installed prevents ads on Byond.

Isn't shockwave/flash being deprecated this year or something?

Donate some bucks on an account. Goodness knows the experience is worth more than that.

If there's going to be convinience machines like that, they should have to be built by robotics rather than just starting on the station, so that there's still some interaction between departments. Another source of food that isn't just donk pockets when the chef is AWOL is nice, though.

more bots is always nice, more borgs is always nice, more augs is always nice, some kinda robot race that's not just a reskin would always be nice, more then one way of repairing your self as a robot would always be nice

detectives doesn't really need that much space tbh

There is no robotics construction line for Dr.Acula, You have to ask cargo for it.

I don't mind convenience features for jobs so long as they aren't roundstart, to give a feeling of progression to the jobs and to promote inter-department cooperation.

tbh I want a more robust system for building robotics, one that's less restrictive over all

Some things I've noticed that could be changed.

There's no reason to take space away from the library, there's enough unused space on the station such as the spare office.

Wew

Looks a lot better, especially with the sparse furniture in there. Maybe change the stools to chairs so sec can buckle a guy in there as a pseudo-timer?

yeah the library has more space then it needs, I've considered putting the art shed into one of the study rooms but adding an actual reporter office would be nice not really needed though tbh, I can see where one would go however.

yeah there's only five bookcases and alot of wasted space tbh and not being able to put forbidden knowledge on the shelf for it is trash.

it'd be nice if you could also slowly give another charge to spell books if it's housed in a proper case for long enough

Can someone give me a lifeweb discord link?

I've found the server IPs, but none of the discord links work

Just one null rod is supposed to be rare and you want 4?

I just fumbled about with the library, what do you think of these change suggestions?

You all should just come to the WW2 server instead

byond://192.210.161.174:24000

Expand private study two squares into the backroom. Table now against the left side.
At least two of the new shelves should be reference.
The book binder should be behind the tables, goodness knows its easy enough for shitposts to be uploaded as it is.
Woody's Got Wood maybe hidden somewhere dark.
That's all I got. Anything more would be personal preference.

Yes it just hit me how stupid that bit was.

I don't know where you'd stick WGW but someplace in maint I'd say

Soviets are the worst

What's the appeal? The fun part of SS13 is roleplaying & interaction while doing your job, or cleverly being a shitter. Moving back and forth while trying to click on a person to make them turn sideways just isn't fun tbh. There's a few top-down shooters I can think of off the top of my head that are actually, you know, made to be top-down shooters. It's like playing on a Arma or GTA Gmod server- you're playing an objectively inferior bootleg version of a fully-fledged thing that you could play instead.

This does happen, mostly at the begining of the rounds, when germans are planning the attack, and russians are dealing with civilians.

Other then that, I really enjoy playing scout, and skulking around the russian defenses, calling in artillery strikes and watching them turn into pink mist on my binoculars. Other people enjoy driving the tanks, or trying to keep some semblance of order after the initial attack. I know one guy who plays civilian doctor for both sides, he has plenty of player interaction

no british forces
no buy tbh

The coders say this is is planned, but they're all lazy dickbags so don't hold your breath.

wish I had a plural of coder tbh

reminder

looking forwards

So…
Is the server kill again?

god im sorry

two cuban petes will do that to you

ICK OCK

banning everyone rn tbh

There really should be some sort of disabilities tab.

Ban them all into a hungry xenos vorehole (even more tbh) tbh

THIS NEEDS TO STOP TBH

tbh let me anal vore you tbh

That's one way of stopping it, you know

tbh

Which hole is the hungriest?

TBH

>The Butt Hole

EXTRA THICC

t-tbh…

it's o.k if it's ironic tbh

Wew, tbh

there's a point where this needs to stop and for some reason that hasn't happened yet, tbh

I am getting mixed messages here

new library changes, what do you think and please thank tower shield for doing them

lets agree to agree

reporter's office looks like shit tbh

What about pic related? Basically remove the shitty useless librarian room.

Maybe the free area could have some form of low wall or desk barrier to divide it?

Reporter's desk should look cluttered. Paper, newspapers, pictures, camera, lots of busywork to do, briefcase. I think it might be neat to have a sliding window on the right side to connect it to the hall, for people to submit stories (via paper).

Since we're renoing the library, why not add a "book return" bin item on the right side where the emergency lockers are? Replace an O2 locker with an object that functions as a submit-only smartfridge-like item that doesn't take electricity. (Or have it require electricity, but only librarian can remove books from it)

better then nothing tbh

nah, the book return would be a good idea if ii ar pe was more of a thing

Where is he supposed to broadcast WGW from?

It's not a very good hideyhole if everyone knows about it.

to book humps vore

Got to agree with this guy on reporter stuff.
Misread the bottom as 'comfy room'. Imagine.

Room layout wise, this new way is better though. In terms of use of space.

Honestly, has the conference room ever been used by more than two people? Last time D&D was played it was in the bar.

somewhat, rather rarely but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a use

Honk

Dead server, dead hours, or what?

I dunno tbh, we've been getting less people on

Well Byond is shitting out for me, website is also fucked so i'm guessing this is just Byond's fault.

this, beyond has some kinda problems, their site poppes out 500 error, friends list in beyond doesnt work, and trying to connect to any ss13 server ends up with connection closed.

please do tell to us if we're doing anything wrong you don't like, thank you you've no idea how much this actually worries me seriously do say something

Typically a server pops up after a time without one existing and there's a rush of people who haven't had their fill in a while. With time this rush dies down a bit and eventually builds up again after people take a few days off.

Then, sometimes, there's just plain less people around because by chance a lot of people had to attend to matters in their lives around the same time.

Stop ERPing on the thread and maybe we'll get players.

80% done here, I think. Just need to add some things to tables in Detective's office and remove 2 pens from the Warden's desk. Armoury needs a SecWay and I need to put windoors in the evidence storage on the right hand side.

Then, wiring and atmos. I have no hope at doing atmos, so I might need to find a slave to do that, but we can worry about that in 2 years when I finish the map :^)

Questions:
I want to finish each department and not come back to it until the very end, so speak now tbh.
2 spawns, but there's currently 3 lockers. I'm thinking drop the middle one, place wall chargers above each locker, so to ensure there's not too many stun weapons available.
Again, don't want too many stuns around, so should I drop the tasers down by 1? Maybe drop the autorifles as well?

Autorifles will stay and there won't be lasers. I feel bullets will be more fun for sec players (bang bang rather than pew pew) and interesting for tators (armoured hardsuits, riot shields, teleshields etc), and I dislike the kind of laser meta we currently have.

Oh, and a door for gear room.
This is mostly just a list for me.

Oh boy. maybe I should restrict it to just the whiteship.

> github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/46
Github

new round :^)

I have a choice tonight.
Planet of the Apes and then eight hours of space autism
Or 11 hours of space autism.

Which is a better use of time?

I saw PotA a few days ago and it was shit, spessmen is always the better choice.

Really arms my artillery tbh

don't get your penis in a vore now

that armoury has very little in it and lacks ion/ablative bulletproof vests/helmets, lasers, eguns, riotshotguns, that locker of stuff and where's the sec hard suits and cameras?

I'd like it so that shuttles can only go on the same z-level and that actual ships can travel to different z-levels

you mean one of the mappers

why not both at the same time?

Design choice. It's a small station, so I feel giving the 3 officers (2 normal 1 warden) the entire armoury will just lead to more chaos.
Even then, bulletproofs are never user and I rarely see shotguns/ion/ablative employed.
Sec hardsuits could be added quite easily, but I think I'll only put in the one. Both officers won't need to be in spess.

fuggin checked.

I usually avoid shotguns because of ammo issues. if you have a hacked autolathe they are pretty good (i like incendiary shells). Otherwise lasers are easier to use and stay in the fight longer. Same with the detectives .38 if you can get .357 ammo and modify it the thing is worth hauling around. Otherwise…not really, unless you get lucky.

ion is good for rouge borgs and ablative is a tato objective so it needs to be in, the shotguns don't get used because they're underrated tbh but hard suits are important for blob and xenomorphs

Your trips don't understand the power of ranged 60brute or the potential for 90+ brute at melee with buckshot pump actions. Or the fact that tech shells are a thing that doesn't even require mining to produce only silver and allow you to uproot airlocks with meteors or make holes into walls with 60burn pulses.
Shotguns are incredibly robust yet no one uses them because they don't even understand the power of hotkey mode, click+Z-click is easy as shit to do in combat and nets you two hits in half a frame, security MUST be allowed to use them instead of the shitty 1-shot per click rifles, they completely fuck up nookops, revs and wiznerds even with the default 40weaken rubber shots.

will serb disable the steal ablative vest traitor objective if it's not in the map?

No. It will gladly assign you impossible tasks.

Though it was a low pop round I feel slightly accomplished
The blob escaped on the emergency shuttle

Alright, I'm off tomorrow

Give me a VERY detailed step by step guide how to set up my own server and the current repo we have

Why do I have to forward my ports if I'm trying to localhost a server and code thing?

skip that then

I don't get it

I think you need to connect with your internal ip

I did, either 192.168.0.14 or whatever it was, or 127.0.0.1, both work, the port is correct to. It just hangs and then fails.

port forwards then

this is why I'm a shit host tbh

click the connect button bruh.

just like click connect brah

>input a port that has been opened, put it on both trusted and private anything but trusted will ask you to accept each and every file in the codebase, so don't do that.
If you're running into port problems, allow byond through your firewalls, and check if your port is open again.
Also, if your port is taken by someone else, it will not work. This is why I couldn't go with 1488
t. 8chanserverhost

Yeah I got it up and going, and I'm trying to fuck around with byondcode and have no idea how to really do anything.

Yeah welcome to the club buddy, What are you trying to do with the byond code? I know its a mess, so don't feel bad if you have no idea what you're doing.

I opened a random folder and saw diseases, so I made my own symptom, copying one of the existing ones, the one that spawns butterflies. I wanted to make it spawn metal rods instead and transfer to silicons, too.

It kept giving me reference errors (/obj/item/stack/rods not found) but I think I figured it out.

oh god what are you doing

DONT STIFLE MY CREATIVITY

I fucking created it as a virus and not a symptom, damnit

You want something fun to do? fix NT Rep :^)

It works. I can't stop shitting out metal rods every tick

What is broken about it in particular?

so you've become the opposite of how you are irl then

I don't know why you would make a disease to shit out metal rods, but you know what, good work friend.
Outside of the fact its a re-skinned lawyer with a direct link for shitposting admins, theres a couple. But its fine for now.

I named it Metal Fatigue, I guess I imagined it as some sort of iron-eating bacteria that does brute damage and sloughs skin off to generate rods. I coded it to affect silicons too but didn't know how to really test it.

Imagine
Silicon diseases

Nice

*walks in room*
*sees disgusting le gray shirt christcuck bothering muh lady xeno*
*use badass scythe to reap the non-existent soul from him and prove evolution all in one swoop*
muh lady ;)
*tips fedora*

Nice desu ne

I didn't even know machines could USE lubricant

Jesus why

What's the simple way of changing the code and submitting the changes? I want to add a few more to that list there.

I have no fucking idea, something about pull requests to the git repo

Better question: where the fuck do I find the bible data

you download the git app, you branch the code and naming it something else then you make prs

I was under jobs/chaplain or something

Doing that and praying the tried-and-true "copy it and change the things I want to put in" method works given that I have zero coding knowledge

githud is shit over all and a pain to work with

I just wanna add a couple bible names and some other minor shit man why's this fucking thing gotta be such a pain

because it's designed to be used by people working on actual programs which isn't byond tbh

there has to be a better way to do this

with lots of people who come and go as they please? if you do find a way please say so

Jesus christ how interesting

So an aspiring traitor chef could coat all his food with a unit or two of bluespace jelly?

It's not guaranteed, because it sometimes teleports you, drops items when you teleport, removes organs, etc. Very unpredictable, as all bluespace items are. Plus it's a little hard to get I think.

Looking at how unstructured things are in the code, I kind of want to clean up and revamp reagents a bit.

At the very least, I want to try changing the chem dispenser UI to have the first 60 or so chemicals from the periodic table, and the UI changed to just show the chemical element symbols (eg, Fe for iron).

Reactions would be unchanged and and no new things would be added, just a placeholder greyed out button or space. More complex things like ethanol, sugar, plasma, etc, would be in a separate section.

stop

What's wrong with chemautism?

I've yet to see it happen though

Going through these (job).dm files, and there's some weird unused data. Did you know that you're supposed to be at least 30 to play AI and 21 to play cyborg?

Unstable, you say?

If I recall, those are hours logged ingame on the server, so shitters and new players don't pick "critical" roles. It's obviously disabled, but some servers even do this to captain or head roles, too.

If you can't see why your idea is bad then you don't understand what you're really trying to do.

Oh yeah, I remember that now.
I recall TG having them enabled.

if you did that'd be great, replacing goonchem was always a priority since day fucking one of this codebase, you can see it on the todo.txt resien left

come again?

Wrong user?

I'm not changing anything, I'm refactoring the code internally and cleaning it up, and maybe updating the UI. I have to practice it somehow, and if the results look nice I can share it.

Sound stupid and autistic and literally adds nothing of value.

Welcome to spessman

and and and and and and

Go ahead and add in every real-world chemical reaction too.

Alright, these are my additions so far, along with having "kek" and "kekistan" added to the braindamage list in
if anyone wants any more books added to the chaplain list, tell me.

here's your (you)

oh you're basically
even if it's nothing more then optimizing it, wew tbh

Alright, I'm trying to publish my branch and make a pull request, but it keeps spitting out an "authorization error." The hell do I need to do to get authorized?

You need spiderfag to get on, since I don't have the ability to authorize you. I'm sorry my friend.

Ah, whatever. It's just a couple new religions/associated book names and a fix to the atheist option for the chapel symbol. It can wait.

what's this now?

give me your username

Your Git isn't logged in with your GitHub details, probably.

Nevermind, thought you were having trouble pushing to your own fork.

he should be able to, there's nothing set yo prevent him so I don't know what's going on with it

>not a dark matter-space lube-bluespace jelly mix on your smoke or memefoam to completely fuck up people by having their hearts randomly teleport into the singularity or permabrig
I expect chemists to rely more on miners or for science to get even more OP with their 50u syringes and virtually unlimited supply of rapid syringe guns.

Important reminder to be robust at all times

What's the easiest way to spawn something for testing? Eg, the singularity

Also, is there a way to disable some subsystems or z-levels from being loaded for faster restart times?

Also is it possible to put chemicals into a silicon, the same way a person has them?

I know we don't have eg, a mechanical syringe, but they should still be able to contain chems, yes?

MINOR coding change I'd like to see
It take more than five books to visually fill up a bookcase.

"SputumChucker"

Where the fuck is the retard gibberish? We need more of it beyond the same 6 lines we have now.

code\modules\mob\living\carbon\human\life.dm:92

admin tab, game panel, create object

that's be nice

you can admin put them in but that doesn't actually do anything what so ever tbh

How do I create a pull request?

I've logged into git, and I assume it looks like this? But I only need to update one file, from my local files and I don't have any git associated files on my hard drive

Can you elaborate on this?

Right now, there's like 6 sprites for shelves, with varying states of emptiness

The shelves only change for the first 5-6 books put in. The sprites however depict some two dozen books on the shelves. It would make more sense to have a higher 'full' threshold.

stop talking and get in nerds. new round.

tbh we need a new thread up

Now changes up to 10 books, and they're added to various locations instead of filling up linearly, so it looks a little nicer.

Gonna make a pull request now

BEAUTIFUL
bless you

Holy fuck why is github such a clusterfuck

yes it's legit!

github is fucked

I think I managed to do a push request to the 8ch repo. Github is fucking weird. It seems that if you click the wrong thing, it jumps you to the parent project and starts making changes there. Somehow I was adding commits to sierracode

I am not the best at helping tbh

Which file(s) did you change? I've got the hang of it, it seems, so I can commit them on your behalf

pastebin.com/TT7qXKSX

pastebin.com/jE83Tft7

could you also do this please?
pastebin.com/GwgsDSwN

That's neat, you could adjust the rate depending on how "exerted" they are.

HOW DO YOU FIX CHEMISTRY?
Some people feel that it's OP, boils down to memorization, and there's no "progression" to it, like you'd have with eg R&D.

How would you change it to make it better? Balancing recipes is just a bandaid that doesn't even address the problem, and at the same time, adding more steps to a recipe just results in more clicks/busywork and doesn't add anything to it.

Pushed to master.

did you test these changes?

_no I compiled them without error, but they're all just more outputs for existing systems.
say(pick("That's not your authority.", "he does it [pick("fo fwee", "without compemsatiun")]!!", "traps [pick("are", "aren't)] gay!", "THE DICK MACKES IT BETTA!", "10BUX", "[pick("tbh", "TBH", "TEA BEE AITCH")]", "fcuking pubbies sware 2 GOD", "PRAISE KEK!!!!!!!SHADILAY!!"))

I don't know, I get a missing comma error when I paste it into my life.dm file, on the "Holla Forums" line.

That's the chaplain file, and a fucking space went missing hurr durr oh god I'm a retarded fuck

And, I get a shitload of compiler errors across basically every file in life.dm

What line did you actually change user? I can't really tell at a glance

90, and then 95-98
this is all proofreading shit on my part, please forgive

Oh wait I see. Missing a closing paren.

Also, you changed it from if(prob(3)) to if(prob(4))… Those are actually unrelated from the switch to pick the retard text. Prob is a 1/X chance to call a function, so you basically made it from a 33% chance to say a retard thing into a 25% chance, so basically making it less common.

I suggest reasking that next thread tbh

New thread soon fellow autists

tbh

That's not how prob() works.
Prob takes a number 0-100 and compares it to a random number from 0-100.
if the random number is lower than the number you picked, it returns true.
prob(4) means a 4% chance of it firing.
He made it more common, but only 1% more common.

Also, an idea I just had that can be coded in like, 15 minutes or so for a gamemode that will turn into a huge clusterfuck.
Anyone here played The Ship?

TRAITOR ROYALE
How about it?
I'm not sure about silicons, maybe just not let the AI malfunction at all and she just tries to prevent everyone from murdering the crap out of everyone. Or… that could be the whole plot behind this gamemode:
Also explains why there's no Telecrystals.
What do you guys think? It could be a gamemode we have infrequently so that everyone can get some jolly good old fashioned ultra violence going before returning to more peacefull rounds.

What about security.

They get guns. Whatchu gonna about it?
Heck, it might be harder to play as them.
That red uniform paints a big target on your forehead.

Yeah wait, I haven't thought this through. Nothing would stop players from just killing everything and everyone as soon as they saw someone. Unless there was some sort of penalty for killing someone other than your quarry. And I'd have to code kill detection, since the game doesn't really distinguishes who kills who. Crap.
It'd be easier to slap explosives implants into the crewmembers head and let the AI Sadistic Gamemaster detonate them if they "break the rules" or some shit.
I dunno, this shit needs more flavour and ideas, the way I currently exposed it would turn into FFA in 5 seconds flat.

It might be better to just tweak the existing double agents mode. Also, page 13 hype

Oh wait, here's an idea. Duels.

It's more about scrwing other people and making uneasy alliances this way.

I'll repost it later on the new thread.

Beep boop, its up