Video Games to last through armageddon

I thought this would be a fun game to play.
Let's come up with a list of phenomenal single-player content-rich experiences with a significant amount of replay value that will keep us occupied for a really long time while we rot away in our doomsday bunker.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
First/Third Person, Open World Modern Action RPG
High Fantasy
Bethesda Game Studios
Mods. Tons of mods.

Deus Ex
First Person, Non-Linear FPS/RPG, Immersive Sim
Cyberpunk, Dystopian
Ion Storm
Surprisingly bloody (I love bloody), high replay value, reinstall it.

Dead Rising
Third Person, Open World Zombie Survival Brawler with light RPG mechanics
Modern, Zombie Apocalypse
Capcom
Extremely gory and violent zombie slasher, main quest timers can be ignored and you can continue playing the game as a sandbox if you fail them. I say it's a brawler because it has some interesting gameplay loops and comical combat that is unlike anything else.

Boiling Point: Road To Hell
First Person, Open World FPS/RPG
Modern, South American jungles and towns
Deep Shadows
Interesting Open World FPS with faction relations. Kinda niche.

~
Let's format it like this for convenience:
Game Title
Game Genre
Setting Genre
Developer
Year Released
Your thoughts and opinions on the game.

How are you getting electricity in your doomsday bunker?

Good point.
Underground generator powered by flowing cave water?
Geothermal Energy?
Solar Panels that engage post-blast?

But you must be a really wealthy fuck or own a cave with a stream inside to use any of those.
Average user could probably hope to bring a bunch of handhelds in the shelter and dick arpund with those until batteries run out.
Quentin comic about playing 3DS in a public fallout shelter when?

Grimoire
Whatever meme Clive settled with calling it. Wizard 7 clone is accurate.
High Fantasy
Clive
There are over 300 hours of autistic fun to be had. What's not to love?

:^)

In the event of nuclear armageddon, a working video game handheld like that would become the most valuable item in the post nuclear world, an excellent way to forget the nuclear holocaust around you.

Fallout, for humorous irony

that and alcohol. Lots of alcohol

We need more irony.

A diesel generator

Doom 2 (+ Oblige)
FPS
Uh, fantasy + sci-fi I guess. Demons from Hell and plasma rifles.
ID Software
The base game has decent levels and solid gameplay. Oblige is essentially a random map generator for Doom. While you could download all of the good map .wads out there you would eventually run out. Oblige all but guarantees you will never run out of new levels.

a stationary bike wired to your computer/console and tv

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Open World Crime Sandbox with light RPG elements (Stamina, getting fat, etc)
Modern, Mock SoCal + Southern Nevada
Rockstar Games
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Chernobyl (Standalone Mod for Call of Pripyat)
First Person Open World FPS/RPG (No Level Ups, Skills, Attributes)
Modern Surreal Isolated Post-Apocalypse afflicting only a small area dubbed "The Zone", Eastern European, set in Ukraine.
N/A Still In Development, Community Fan Project.
Call of Chernobyl is a mod for Call of Pripyat that brings together the content from all 3 games in the franchise, resulting in a massive world to explore.

Kill yourself.

Riding hard on a stationary bike is going to generate about 200W. That's barely enough to power a 1070 by itself under load.

Oblivion is the best in the franchise. It bridges the gap between the gameplay possibilities of Morrowind with the streamlined combat of Skyrim. Hardly the black sheep of the franchise.
Skyrim is too dumbed down, Morrowind has terrible dice-rolls, Oblivion is just right.

Quit being a retard

On topic: NetHack (Slash'EM if you really want to make sure you're entertained for decades)

LUL

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
First Person, Open World RPG
High Fantasy
Bethesda Softworks
HALT! HALT! HALT!

Wouldn't the EMP fry all your electronics?

Do you need to specify that in a thread dedicated to games with high replay value? Otherwise people are just going to recommend their favorite games instead of lasting experiences. You'd need some way to quantify playtime / potential playtime and a reason to replay.

All my playthroughs have been entirely different so far ^_^

I wish I could slap your shit.

All of mine have started on Liberty Island and ended at Area 51 so I don't know what you're talking about

Just play Stalker, maybe it'll even help you when you get out of the bunker.

Entire Total War series.

Pac-Man
Arcade Coin-Op
A Maze
Namco

It's Pac-Man. Simple, fun, endlessly replayable. Games don't need to be a huge epic story-quest with a gigantic world to be good.

Why are people on here niggering?

What does that verb refer to? The action of developing high amounts of melanin?

More than enough for a Genesis though. Implement a weighty flywheel and you'll have a nice stable power supply once it's turning.

lmao dead rising is shit

It's a mystery

Morrowind's combat is bad, but the vast majority of people who complain about it don't understand why it's bad. Dice rolls to hit are fine, especially since you're not likely to miss if you have full stamina. The real issue is how fucking boring melee is (there's no mechanical reason not to check the "always use best attack" box, and the only thing you can really do is spam attack since block is automatic and you don't get anything else) and the way that ranged weapons double dip on missing (you have to hit the enemy as in a normal FPS, and then the game rolls again to see if you actually hit). This is fine for melee since enemies don't ever abuse the mechanics the way the player can, but it's a pain in the ass for ranged.

That said, Morrowind is still objectively the best TES game. Daggerfall and Oblivion both have a few features that make them worth playing but as a whole are worse than Morrowind, while Skyrim is almost entirely without merit (I haven't played Arena).

Quake
Doom/2
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Castlevania Bloodlines
Buck Rodgers Countdown to Doomsday
Super Mario 64
Kirby Super Star
Mountain Blade
Rings of Power
Fallout 2/New Vegas
Gauntlet Legends
Starflight
Sword of Vermillion
Pokemon Crystal
Diablo/2
Red Dead Redemption
Metal Gear Solid
Shenmue (for comfy nipland exploration)
Guitar Hero 6
Project Diva Extend
Daggerfall
Elona
Tetris Attack

If I have buddies:
007: TWINE
Virtua Fighter 5
Melee
F-Zero X + expansion kit
Quake 3 Arena
QuakeWorld

Wouldn't mods be unavailable in a doomsday scenario?

i think doom 1 and doom 2 would be nice to have
and fallout 3 and or new vegas for that added waifu value

Salvage car batteries and UPS's and you're set.

You have to get Dwarf Fortress in there somewhere

lol