Splatoon Thread: Red/white Edition

Here's the thread for the best squideogames, just in time for the first real splatfest of Splatoon 2. Mayonnaise(Pearl) vs Ketchup(Marina). Red and white, whats that make you think of? Do you have a preference, or are you going to decide by girl?

In Splatoon 2, the Tri-Slosher is said to be pretty amazing at the moment. It's range matches up with the standard splattershot while having consistent slosher accuracy.
Give it a whirl and see if you can use that as a secret weapon for your splatfest team. Your performance will decide laws here, so do your best.

Label: Swamp
Address swamp.li
Port 6438

Its as simple as pressing the home button and navigating to this thread. It may have trouble loading though, allow it to stop scripts. Also, you'll only be able to upload one at a time.
If you want to use an image hosting for multiple uploads, check to make sure it doesnt reduce image quality.

As far as I know there are 3 options.
A micro SD card can be inserted into a slot under the Switch's stand. You can transfer screenshots to and from the card either one at a time or en masse from Data Management in the system settings. Any screenshots taken while the card is in seem to get saved to the card. Be advised that inserting the card requires a restart.
The other options involve social media, how dreadful. If I were to recommend one over the other, well, I've tried to make a twitter account to make squidverse posts and while making the account itself was no problem i then had to claim a username, while i was doing that it decided I was acting like a spam bot and demanded my phone number. Beware of that.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/ajDCNJw
reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xnzxr/psa_gigabit_3rd_party_lan_adapters/
youtube.com/watch?v=IHi87vpKASM
archive.fo/ZovS5
smash.gg/tournament/squidstorm-2017/details
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did the game got taken over by furfags ?

CUNTBOYS

Do not buy a switch for Splatoon 2.

Is there a discord

Yes, now you can never play it.

I need to buy a capacitive stylus so I can introduce Splatoon to monster girls.

free online forever?

So I finally played this game at my friends and holy shit is it bad. This is a game for retarded children and most of the people you play against are retarded children.

Who has fun with this? Why the fuck is this popular?

introduce? it stars monster girls.

without the sprinker it feels weaker in that role.

OCTOLINGS ARE SUPERIOR

I miss the sprinkler too. However I don't know if that would be the ideal sub to par up with the game's current specials.

Well then can I introduce Kraken-chan to Splatoon?

Until 2018 and then it's 20$ a year

Marina is an untrustworthy individual and you're not safe her type. She comes from a violent race and her appearance in pop culture is just a way for the mainstream media to brainwash us into thinking that Marina and her people are upstanding citizens. But I swear that I don't want anything to do with those dirty octos.

you better get kraken, as they say.

A man loves his woman every day of the month.

That's bullshit. I spend more than that per month on whiskey, but it's still bullshit.
At least it'll be cheap bullshit, I guess.

the one time i die to the sting ray they havent even fired it yet. for a while there it seemed like i wasnt going to see this kind of lag.

Would you adopt an Inkling or an Octoling?
I would adopt both.

you have to get both so you can get a tomboy and a scientist

In splat zones, I went from C- to B-, then to B+, then to A+. How does the game determine how far you rank up?

Wow they actually did it.

How hard is it to play online now? Will I be able to setup my switch in an hour?

id bet, yeah.

Get a usb-to-ethernet adapter. USB 3.0 preferably.
Why they didn't include it in the damn dock in the first place is first class Jewry

Hope you splurged for the pro controller. The joycon is awful

This works?
If so I guess I'm just retarded for not figuring out sooner.

Try holding one in each hand disconnected from the tablet and say that again.

Did you keep a few of the filters?

sell me your pro controller?

No, because it's the Splatoon one and I don't know if they'll ever make more.

Yeah, it'll more or less solve latency issues with the game. A number of USB-to-Ethernet adapters outside the official Nintendo ones work as well, but they need to have the same ASIX chipset.

I think Plebbit has listed a few ones, including an Amazon Basics.

What's the point of the tomboy?

don't kill me for saying this but i think the splatoon controller looks ugly so i'm good thanks

I see, thats ass that it wasnt included with the console. But I guess thats just the way that it is, don't bother none

It's pretty sweet in person, the designs on the semi-translucent plastic have different "depth" to them, like some are deeper in the plastic. It's strange to describe unless you hold it in your hand. And I personally like the obnoxious color scheme, I wish I could have gotten the joycons.

I can't see how ethernet vs wifi would solve anything unless you've got fiber. I can't get better than a 50ms ping from my ISP, so another couple ms on top of that really isn't making a difference.

Amazon had them up recently, but I wasn't sure if it was worth 80 burgers. It looks really rad though.

to stir hearts

It really depends on your network setup and the quality of your connection.

Wifi is subject to interference and transmission hiccups. These are forgivable with downloads and streaming, but a pain with multiplayer games where data is constantly being exchanged.

At least with Ethernet you're getting your data straight from your router/modem and getting consistently lower latency.

It doesn't solve it if the connection is crap to begin with, but as a personal anecdote, running on Broadband through Ethernet made for less disconnects for me. Every little bit counts.

youre essentially holding the squid sisters with that controller. its like theyre playing video games with you. how many 2d girls can you get that close to?

I got this diorama thing for my squid amiibos and it came with stickers, so I've got Callie and Marie on the back of my Switch.

Nip splatfest is pretty enjoyable.

You know Marina looks a lot better white.

The west's splatfest is just a bunch or furfaggotry in comparison. Really makes you think.

We need Holla Forums to cleanse Miiverse

Why don't you draw some good non-furry banners?

I'm not much of a drawfag but I might have to try anway

This game was awful.

The good thing about the drawing is that the limited controls are an excuse for being bad so it doesn't matter if your attempts are a bit shit, it's still fun to draw.

We've know about this for about a week user, welcome to the Twilight Zone

Shit meant to post this image

Just like the demo, fuckin wew

Could also just be that the Euros who chose team mayo are asleep.

Pearlfags BTFO

Anybody wanna group for for ranked in splat 1?
It's lonely out here, only japs as far as the eye can see…

I'm about to sleep so not today…
I have Splatoon2, but I also have Splatoon1…I could do it, in theory.

Maybe…But Im S+ So I;d give you more S+ death sqauds

Shocking

I don't mind if you don't
I'd like to think I'm decent

You use the mumble?

Ye im in there right now.

did I get the wrong one? It's empty as shit

how long does the splatfest meme go for?

That forehead doesn't seem like it would lead to healthy kids.

And you think race mixing would be any better?

I just want to stick with a team when we gel together

Pearl is perfect, fuck anyone who says anything else, Only for cuddles.

Why are her teeth covered by gums?

Maybe chews gum, you know.

Are you running multiplayer through wifi, user?

You either need an ethernet connection or Nintendo's servers are crapping out due to Splatfest.

Or maybe it's both.

White Skin sure, but that thing is an afront to nature

Naw, I'm using an Ethernet adapter, so I'm assuming it's on Nintendo's end. I normally don't have any problems. Also it's super shitty that the switch is a touted as a system you can take anywhere, but the wifi is garbage.

I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to mean single-player console-level portable gaming.

Yeah, I have ethernet, it's still shit, my Internet connection is pretty good, it's Nintendo's fault.

Why do they think people will pay for this?
The in-game play is P2P, which costs Nintendo nothing and is worse/more laggy than regional servers would be (WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE WHOLE POINT OF 'PAID ONLINE'), and then their matchmaking servers, the one part they are having to pay to maintain constantly, can only get you 1-3 matches every 20-30min during a SplatFest.

Honestly, I think it's pretty obvious to everyone at this point that Nintendo's paid online is a scam, and when it rolls out, it will flop, HARD.

Fuck you nigger.

Do you even kusoge?

Wasn't that hard. With the wii-u I had to have composite cables plugged in to get audio to my speakers, but it's nice the switch had a built in headphone jack. holy fuck are the joycons garbage though. So glad I got the pro controller.

Is there a specific one I should get, or will any work?

I use a distiller.

discord.gg/ajDCNJw

join this discord for free friendship

Custom Blaster when.

Nip splatfest is over. It was a fierce battle to the end; no idea what result will be.

Online service has been rock-solid here even with the Splatfest and Salmon Run going full-tilt. Maybe you just live in a country with shitty backhaul infrastructure, user. :^)

fuck off

hmm.. me thinks this iteration of shifty station is too huge. especially with regards to the side areas.

For Honor operates on the same P2P system and I think they lost a lot of users now, not sure how it'll go given that Nintendo has a pretty solid fanbase. They still have a few months to decide to set dedicated servers.

Your account is anecdotal, user. P2P depends on other players having a decent connection in addition to your own.

You need one with an ASIX chipset and USB 3.0. I found this reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xnzxr/psa_gigabit_3rd_party_lan_adapters/

It's true. I live in a different country with different matchmaking servers and a different playerbase so I'm in a different set entirely except that I'm playing the same game with the same server software behind the scenes.

During the splatfest I has to wait ~20 seconds at most for a match to start and I think the servers got wonky maybe twice during the whole event. Over 70 matches or so I saw one idler and four players who dropped out.

Infrastructure here is pretty good, so many of the frustrations that come from having shit access equipment, fraying cables and oversubscribed backhaul don't tend to manifest here.

Also maybe Nintendo spun up more servers here, though it's hard to see why they would have underprovisioned NA/EU since the backend server software would be identical.

What's the most FUN weapon + clothes combo? I just got to level 6 & some of the brushes have been funny to use. nobody seems to play with them though.

I like cuntboys :3

It's pretty decent here too, even if it's a backwater country. Consider me fortunate since I'm running

fun things are fun!

This is a good conversation we're having here. Is Ninja squid still in the game? what about landmines?

the one that gives you

Thanks for straw-manning my response, user. I'm sure you're being a massive as help.

No problem. what's this I hear about the Tri Slosher being broken? Will I see it a lot at high level play?

how much GRIND do i have to do to get MAX SPLATFEST RANK

A heckuva lot

good news is you don't lose rank

I wish these Timothy McVeigh wannabes would get the fuck out.

99/99

whenver nintendo bothers with multiplayer, they always have to implement some GRIND into their gamesm its like htey played warframe or some shit

who KETCHUP KING/QUEEN here?

Mayo won the Japanese Splatbowl

losers, Jimmy
fucking losers

Regret.

I've noticed a lot of animosity towards the octobrush. Is it really that cheap? I've used it a little bit and it didn't seem that amazing, it mainly just seemed to work well against the aerospray and short range weapons.
I've also seen less than 5 people use them, do they get really common in the higher ranked games or something? Is that where the animosity towards them comes from?

Also is there any date on when the brella will be available for multiplayer? Easily my favorite single player weapon.

Has anyone had squid rings before? How are they? I've never been able to eat seafood.

Varies depending on how they're prepared. Usually there's some lemon in there which gives them a bit of a sour flavor, the squid itself has a sweet and savory almond like taste mixed with fish flavor.
Chewing them varies from feeling like gummy candy and a bit tougher fish.

I'd recommend them with fries or deep fried potato slices.

They're good, it just depends on the quality of the ingredients, like anything.

I ordered deepfried, whole, baby squids awhile ago, and one of them wasn't debeaked and it made me sad. I feel bad for eating their little squid bodies.
Squids are smart.

damn, my connection is pretty bad during this splatfest. Joined a couple of 3vs3, can't continue after a game b/c connection gets lost. Also, many many Ketchup Vs Ketchup battles.

I eat fried calimari a lot, I love it. That's a slightly different dish though.

Why user?, do you have an allergy?

Kinda hard to describe if you've never had seafood. But if there's one type of seafood people who don't usually eat seafood like, it's probably squid rings. However, you should get them from a place that you are certain of makes quality food. More than a few places love serving you cheap garbage that isn't even really squid.

If they're so smart, why are they dead?

Post more mature squids.

I don't live near the sea and I wouldn't consider anything that has to be imported hundreds of miles to where I live to be real seafood.

Sounds pretty good. Would try if I ever got the chance.

You're not wrong. The best seafood I've had was always in towns that are close to the sea and rely on fishing. All the frozen, imported shit just doesn't compare to fresh seafood.

I feel you man,I live near the water so getting fish lobster, crab and such is cheap Always try to get fish fresh and don't eat it if it smells off

Ninja Squid is still around, and if anything seems more effective than before.

Landmines are around but have been horribly nerfed (the explosion seems to only TAG enemies, a la point sensor, rather than do any damage - which is doubly useless without the Wii U's map screen.)
On the plus side, you can have two active landmines at a time and the game alerts you when one of them has detonated, so they're still good for maintaining ink coverage, I guess.

Strange; I got up at 6 am (EST) and started playing, and I've had several Mayo vs Mayo matches. Ketchup players seem to be few and far between. I was a little surprised, given that Marina seemed to be more popular AND had the more "normal" choice.
Maybe Treehouse's butchering of her personality has turned people off more than anticipated.

sorry, I don't have that much

I would, but I've been too much of a shut-in to even talk to people on the mumble. How about next time? unless I get a job, that is

psst, hey squid, wanna buy some eggs?

i wonder if its just that the range on a lot of shooters has been nerfed. which might be the same boat tri slosher is in.

ninja squid still exists, im not sure if its been changed at all, but it does as advertised.
theres also stealth jump, though when i was using it i could have sworn the enemy was waiting for me. luckily it was near a ledge so i was able to roll to safety.

the mines do like 35 damage or something, which using the rapid blaster is enough to finish them off with the 85 damage from a rapid blasters direct hit or 2 'blasts'. im not sure if theres damage falloff.
i seem to hit a lot more opponents with them too, it may just be due to the fact that it doesnt outright kill you so people dont understand that they still shouldnt be getting hit by them. or maybe the radius is bigger.

Are you allowed to play in the Nip Splatfests by setting your region and language to Japan no matter what copy you're using, or do you have to buy a Nip copy of the game to do so? I'm assuming the latter.

Hate to double post, but Japanese splatfest results came in.

How do I stop this anguish from my anus?

well a lot of it is going to come down to how your team handles it. you could light them up with point sensors to both put the fear of god in the aerosprays who cant stand a direct fight, and even the least hunter minded teammates love to shoot something with a bit circle hovering around it.

Are we in fucking Europe?

The japanese love mayo. They also put fried eggs in their burgers (not pictured).

Fried eggs on burgers are fucking delicious, but yeah, the Nips have questionable taste in condiments.

Looks like Marina is going to get bukkake'd in mayo in Japan.

By not being a ketchup pleb.

samurais put mayo in everything dont they?

the contrast with her skin tone is sure to please

Stealth jump doesn't hide you completely, it only hides you from people who are a certain distance from your landing point. Enemies who are nearby still see it.

I heard the oils in mayo can be good for dry skin.

Yeah they sure do. They put corn-syrup trash on spaghetti noodles too.

you just want to eat her

Corn Syrup?

I want to hug Pearl

Not really. I'm unsure if tako is good with mayo. Besides what do you think I am? A sub-cephalopod Salmonid?

Me too user

Would Pearl grow up into a busty ara ara?

She will, and Marina will be saggy as fuck, trust me.

saucy

im lead to beleive through the super reliable medium of fan art that mayonnaise is put on delicious brown girls and octopuses, so you get a 4x multiplier for putting mayo on marina

Japan confirmed patrician taste in sauce

Guys… I think I'm on too many memes. I keep winning by baiting with octobrush and cock bomb.

anybody else see the same thing?

You are wrong in the head.

is this the sequel to wreck it ralph

someone make a proper edit plz

i-is it okay when nintento does it ?

i dont think they realize that if i only lock on to one guy its a pretty short firing sequence

Spotted the double digit IQ racemixing brainlet.

Would you run the salmon, Holla Forums?

Do you know what the prize is?

snails and glory and law

Why couldn't there be some bbq sauce? I dont like either choice.

go with your favorite girl of the 2 then

Well user, do you want to ink up girls with white "ink" or do you want to be a child who likes tomato jam?

So they act as point sensors then? they track enemies? How is Ninja Squid better this time around? Is there something broken you can do with it?

I've gotten kills with the mine (usually in tower control).

Squid is like the edible version of Octopus. Octopus is SUPER chewy.

Whatcha
in this splatfest?

i kill people with mines all the time, they just dont do very much damage

my tv sucks at reds. its like everyone on the enemy team is wearing ninja squid. its heartbreaking because most of my losses are less than 3%, and i just know if id die to one less crocodile id be winning those. this happened in the first game too, i forget which splatfest it was

Is the Splatfest reward system the same as in Splat1, or does your power rating come into play?

Japanese mayo is completely different from mayo found elsewhere.

I didn't play the pre-launch fest so I didn't know the splatfest music was so good. Pearl's rapping animations are really cute.

Compared to the last game, they go off a lot faster, take less ink to place, track enemies and you can have two of them. They're definitely more all-around useful than the old ones.

Ive got the Squelcher with 6x special guage charge. It feels as awesome as it did in the first game.

P.s. Sloshers are faggots

how so?

They use apple or rice vinegar instead of distilled vinegar and instead of the whole egg they just use the egg yolk. Also contains a lot of MSG. Resulting in a sweeter and more "oriental" taste and a thicker consistency. Like syrup that isn't runny.

sounds like youre saying they dont use cheap ingredients. im sure theres better brands than hellmans and heinz

People keep forgetting that its good to grind to the King rank for the better rewards even if your team loses.

This splatfest comes down to Japan Vs. the U.S.A. If you picked mayo then you're not doing your civic duty.

mayo
queen
splattershot jr

speaking of splattershot jr, are there any similar weapons i should try out for turf war? love the weapon but i hate its weak firepower

Mayos for fags though.

Crap didnt read. Still groggy from waking up

I mean, the regular splattershots are right there. They're still pretty much the best weapons in turf wars.

N-Zap '85 if you want to keep the ink armor special.

They're okay for what they do. Those are made as primarily a sandwich spread or a binder for tuna or chicken salad. Nip mayo is made to be put on everything, a ketchup replacement.

Well now I do, shit

Behead those who insult pearl and mayo

sure, not like its mcdonalds tier. but apple cider vineger in general is just so much better, or maybe i should say more flavorful. i would never dip my fries in distilled vinegar.

>3 frames of additional motion control input lag over the original
>16hz tick rate compared to the original's 25hz
>multiple weapon classes are useless now (chargers, dynamo…)
PAID ONLINE

BLACK

PAID PONLINE

Splatoon 2 is the worst sequel in video games since Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and in accepting it this slavishly, you have proven to be the most pathetic and casual fanbase on Holla Forums.

Speaking of tenta missiles, found it easier to casually walk out of the way rather than swim as fast as I can to minimize the ink coverage.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Speaking of that how fun would it be if Nintendo comissioned the composer of Megaman X to compose tracks for a Salmonid parody band based of Guns 'n Roses called "Coral 'n Skillets".

(you)

Okay, I'll bite. What's your source for those technical claims? They're the only ones that really matter.

Mayo vs Ketchup is maybe third Splatfest tier, the first and last ones should be fucking Blood Feuds, but besides that, I've been completely unable to connect to even a single match so it's not like it matters.

i dont know the first thing about guns and roses, but if theres ever a campaign against salmonids that early 16 bit rock would fit into plenty of salmon themed stages, like a run down cannery or ship yard. the salmonids have an orky post apocalyptic scavenger feel to them, i think.

You’re thinking of semen.

That's not how you spell "sea men" silly goose!

Fug

Alright reached Ketchup King with a 10 game win streak to boot

Does anyone know how mailbox posts work? They hardly ever seem to change, and it's always just the popular work that is shown.

in the first game i always thought they cycled around when you fought people, and that the ones who didnt have any posts hung out by the lobby entrance like goths. but the same ones seem to stick around this time.

pottery

I can understand not liking some of the online features, especially the paid online, region locked servers and the mobile app. But even with the changes in how the online works, the game is mostly the same as the original, even to the point that one of the major gripes of the game is that it is more of the same stuff because no one really bought a Wii U and Nintendo can get away with it. Saying Splatoon 2 is the worst sequel in video games, when most of the base game is still intact, is a big overstatement.

You forgot the only thing that matters

I didn't buy the game or a switch. I just shitpost about the splatfest/octolings since saying how each of my matches in splatoon 1 went isn't exactly fun for the thread. Making fun of pearl is fun and I will agree that marina is a bit too dark; she should have been just somewhat tan.

im not exactly sure how im supposed to be holding this. im having trouble reaching all the buttons with my right hand without the dog ear there acting as a buffer.

solved my problems, uPNP is shit

So you agree that Octolings are inferior.

I didn't say that, I just am saying marina should be more of a tan.

shes overcooked then

You genuinely sound like someone who needs to git gud and you're grasping for as many excuses as possible explaining why the game sucks and your shit performance isn't your fault.

She didn't stay off the hook

After sampling Nozzlenose I have this sinister idea of Dualie Nozzlers.

fuck it, dualie bamboozler revolvers

I've been unable to get a single match today, been trying over the past 2-3 hours. People show up on the list, but it never gets up to 8 people.

Obviously as I'm making this post, my Internet is perfectly fine, and I've had no issue playing Splatoon up until this point (other than a lot of disconnects yesterday during the JP Splatfest, although even then I could get 2-3 games every 30min.)

What is going on?

I was playing about an hour or two ago and I've been able to do the splatfest, I'm in the US by the way.

god i hate curling bombs but sometimes you can do some amazing shit with them. maybe it really is good for the doot o matic when it enables such rapid changing of positions. and it freaks people out when they dont know if youre right next to the curly bomb or not.
and is it me or is the sploosh more accurate these days?

that is an odd occurrence, ive only had that happen 3 times in the 8 or so hours ive been playing. i always chalked it up to matchmaking trying and failing to find a relatively closely rated and low latency match
however like 90% of my games i dont get the option of playing another because of some kind of communication error. even when the match itself went off without any problems.

What if instead of 4v4, there was a splatfest event with 2v2v2v2, team of squids, team of octos, team of salmonids and team of catballs?
Would be chaos

just make it 1v1 so i can't blame others

sounds like 4 people would be stuck not playing as lolis, unless there are mermaid salmonids which wouldnt shock me all that much considering the octarian varieties.

What if splatfests forced everyone to use the same weapon so it was a true test of skill instead of who can meta better?

Holy shit drawfags get on this. They gotta have sexy bodies but keep the retarded eyes.

theyd either be a bit derpy like most of the salmonids, or super serious arrogant royalty.

It would be cool if the devs turned the splitscreen game mode from the first game into an online duel mode.

I'm going to upload a video of what's happening to me.
This is ridiculous.

remember to have murch scrub your splatfest tee before its over, 90% discount. unless you wanna see if there some incentive to not scrub it that theyre gonna surprise us with.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get all the ability chunks we had on our shirt at the end of Splatfest, when they take our shirt away.

ill be the guinea pig. gonna get a ton of snails anyways. on top of the cash

I've done it five times now. Muh chunks.

Screw that. I was lucky enough to get three instances of special gauge charge on mine. With the 2x booster, you can't go wrong.

your splatfest tee gets taken away when the splatfest is over, sadly.

Fuck! I at least hope they give it back to us with the same abilities, no?

i fell over 200 points, if it makes you feel any better.

not in the first game. but if you really like that ability set then hold on to it and see. i doubt it, but you only get one chunk per ability nixed. and youd need 60 total if you want to forge a full set of 3 from nothing. man id love my dog team tee. it would be the cheaters lament halo of splatoon.

Here's the video.
What the hell is this?
I don't think Nintendo's servers are that busy right now.

Also, please take a look at my posts in this thread and look at all the dubs and trips.
I think something's going on here.

Especially not since apparently the game isn't even run on servers - it apparently always sets up a P2P connection.

If you've ever wondered why sometimes Splatoon 2 gives you a communication error and INSTANTLY dumps you, and sometimes instead gives you the error and then forces you to run around uselessly for 30 seconds with everything frozen and you can't do anything, that's why - apparently in those instances you were the host, but Nintendo in their infinite wisdom chose to disconnect you anyway.

Still enjoying the game, but god damn it if Nintendo is gonna start charging us money for online they'd better fix their shit.

oh i see the problem. someone put all your fonts through a paper shredder

This is to get those little chunks to help better my equipment, correct? Otherwise I see no logical reason to scrub a shirt that I won't even get to keep despite it being forced on me for the whole Splatfest because Nintendo hates memorabilia that damn much.

Matchmaking is one of the few things Nintendo servers actually do handle, I believe.
In-game play is P2P tho.

What were they thinking?

yeah, youll get one ability chunk per deleted ability. in fact this discount was on from the moment you get the tee, not just during the actual splatfest. so, if youre worried about handicapping yourself during splatfest scrub it during the preceding days after youve picked a team.

mayo vs ketchup

I had a good run for a long time, but then the last four matches were losses even though I consistently inked 1200p and at least went even in kills. I could probably just grind it out if I wanted to get higher but I can't be fucked. I'm just a tad salty about losing 100 points for no reason.

why are all mayofag teams made up of nothing but furfags?

they're faggots who like to drink cum

Is the AU and US Splatfest the same one again?

Is there a massive imbalance between Ketchup and Mayo because I can't find any fucking Mayo.

you mean glue? because that's what it looks like

I didn't even realize until now, the opening is uncannily similar.

Cum can, possibly, look like glue.

Will the new colors be permanent, or at least the winning team's? They're both fantastic.

They usually don't keep splatfest colors, do they? I don't remember that being the case. Also honestly they made me hungry for pizza more than anything. The entire map looked like a giant pizza more than once for me

No they're fucking not. The red is obnoxious depending on your TV color settings and the white makes people practically invisible because you can't see the shine/ripples.

That gives me a great idea for the next Splatfest: Pizza vs. Spaghetti.

Both teams will be tomato sauce.

What the fucking fuck is this fucking bullshit.

yeah i cant see ketchup team swim at all. its terrifying.

what have i done

3/4 players in this game are retarded lemmings who blindly follow the one competent player on their team. Spread out and ink different areas at once? Fuck that, let's follow that guy and ink the tiny little corners and shit he missed!

* be the one to initiate combat
being the one to initiate combat is generally more important than aim = ambush. See them first before they see you.

* work in pairs
Don't fight alone if you can help it. In a 2vs1 fight, 90% of the time the side with 1 person will lose. Before the match try to figure out who would be the most skilled person to team up with as a partner, look at their levels & splatfest rank. Also you can look at how well they did after a match to help you gauge their skill.

* win turf wars by keeping enemy stuck near their base
Turf war is about which side can KEEP their turf inked. The most sure fire way to do that is to prevent the enemy from acting means killing them. The enemy can't do jack when they're dead, and respawning + traveling to un-inked areas just means the more time they not doing anything.

The most pro way to make sure you win a battle is to keep the enemy stuck near their home base. Not easy to do, but the most sure way to win.

every game today I get retards on my team who paint tje walls at spawn for ages or walk face down to ink timy patches in the backlines. why is mayo full of shitters today?

strange. What happens for me is that almost all the teams I've been on always spread out, nobody works together, so they just get picked off one by one all the time.

i didnt even see them or their superjump markers. they were just dead at my exact location all of a sudden.

Splatfest is over for me, they'll probably post the results in an hour.

could be lag

that inkling vs flyfish picture always reminds me of this one of the orz marine from star control.

Well I guess it's confirmed that the mayochugging Eurofags have ruined this splatfest for everyone else, thanks Nintendo.

Same. The best thing I've seen so far is Marie shrugging with a caption saying something like "I'm just saying Octolings shouldn't be allowed to vote."

Being a brush ninja is interesting. Because you can't really stick with pairs. It's more like you have to run across the field and trade partners constantly. The point of being brush ninja is to make the enemy forget you exist until you come in for kill (I've taken out pairs like this with brush alone). You have to forsake all honor to do this well. You need to piss off the enemy with cheese tactics and lure them into traps. Other players may call you an asshole but the goal is victory. And if your team is good your ninja-ness should lure enemies into your teamate's crosshairs naturally. Which is kills for team mates. And expect to get killed if things don't go as planned. A lot.

Are you fucking serious? I guess it would be a complete US Ketchup victory otherwise but they should have made us Ketchup vs. Mustard if that was an issue.

i feel like there could be a better sub and special for such a strategy. the sprinkler/ink strike combined with the brush dash allowed you dive in to where the enemy ink was at its highest density and take it all and thats all it was really good at because its pretty terrible as far as weapons go, the speed came in handy again where you got to waste enemies time even longer after they noticed you, while the secondary weapons given to it in splatoon 2 seem more like they were to support a more direct weapon. it could swap secondaries with the octo brush and they would both work i think.

It's been an hour and a half NoA, are you really gunna make us wait until the Eurofags are done?

reminder that mayofags should off themselves.

Pearl looks ugly. I would rather fuck the brown octoling at this point. I don't even play Splatoon.

I'm finding the cock bomb for Octobrush is good to chase inklings out of ink. And I had some great surprise mother fucker moments with sudden ink jet when out of ink. That said ink recovery is more important than speed.

do ink recovery boosters shorten the time between tossing your chicken and being able to actually refill ink? that delay can be pretty brutal

Inkoming 73% worth of salt

OUR GIRL DID IT

Thank you anons for protecting Pearl's smile

Forgot the stats.

what are votes exactly? The amount of people who chose that side? If so holy fuck nobody liked mayo. I just chose randomly, I had no idea.

This is the price of slacktivism. And Europeans.

I only hear of mayo on sandwiches, so i guess it makes sense that it is so unpopular.

This is like the reverse of Cats vs. Dogs. I bet ketchup would have done better if we weren't stuck fighting ourselves 50% of the time.

Wait hold on did they Lump NA and EU in the same way. Thats retarded. For what purpose?

WHITES WIN AGAIN

Good game, worth $360

Eh I got x21 sea snails. I can at least get some good slots with this.

Mayo's good when you mix it with other stuff, like spicy mayo sauces and what not. I also like it on ham sandwhiches with mustard.

Ketchup is a much stronger flavor so it's usually best paired up with nothing or other strong flavors, like burgers, french fries, onion rings, etc.

They both have their uses, and I see them as completely different things, so this splatfest really didnt matter that much to me. I'm just surprised that mayo seems to be so hated.

I had a few mayo vs mayo matches. I'm not really sure why ketchup lost on the fights though, about 75% of the matches I played it felt like my team was bad. I guess i'll just be happy for the extra snails.

It's more like more people know what to do with ketchup. You can put ketchup on pretty much anything and some weirdo somewhere will like it. It's also much more common.

Meanwhile, most people only use mayo for sandwiches, and nothing else. In the eyes of most Americans, it is a one-trick pony, and ketchup seems much more versatile.

Also a lot of people just want to fuck Marina.

God damn race traitors

First fucking actual match and my team is fucking shit.

Or I actually just prefer ketchup

remember pirates vs ninjas? well, this seemed like such a close shave in wins that if any of the old popularity counts were in place we would have gotten crushed.

having a preference doesnt mean you hate the other. i dont hate ketchup. its good on what its good on.

are you saying you dont want to fuck the octopus?

Well that's fucking retarded. People really need to expand their palates. I mean you can make all sorts of stuff with mayo. Aoilis, remoulade, chip dip, tartar sauce, all kinds of salad dressings… the list goes on.

Unpopular then. I just don't think they were a good match because they're good for completely different things, with a bit of overlap.

I don't care for seafood.

Why?

Tastes bad.

That's pretty sad, do you really value yourself as lower than a woman?

I don't mean it in that way you dingus.

Do you live near china or some other polluted water part of the world?

No, I live in one of the best countries for seafood, possibly the best, it just tastes bad.

touch the octopus

marina is a big fan of motorboating

Well user was asking if you wanted to have sex with the octopus, not if you enjoy eating octopus. So for you to say I don't like seafood, it would hold different connotations.

Seafood as a Prejorative, holy shit.

Welcome to the house of pain.

Then why not just say "no I don't want to"?

what should i do with my sea snails?
reroll x21?

No I don't want to.

Hot Ink them.

yeah, id like to know what exactly youre supposed to do with them, lore wise.
surely youre not supposed to trade them to shady characters to perform the dubious act of gear modification. if that were an officially sanctioned thing theyd probably at least have kiosks.

fuck off gayfag

fuck off lorefag

Fuck off indecisive fag

find the gear with the Main skills you like, that don't have three slots yet. Use the snails to add slots to them.
do not use the snails to reroll, because you can probably do that with cash later on, and adding slots is more useful to you now.

Lore wise the shells of the sea urchins are used to upgrade your gear (add slots/rerolls). The urchins (Spike & Murch) eat the snails, because real life urchins have huge appetites & eat tons.

That's why in Splatoon 1 there were a bunch of empty shells of the sea snails near Spyke. He uses the shells to upgrade your gear. If you don't give him snails, he'll sell you one of his to use.

I hope you roller faggots seriously choke on a dick. This had to happen. It was an inevitability.

jesus christ he may be a faggot but he's right

Reminder that we're going to be paying for this service in a few months. Nintendo fucking sucks at matchmaking

Or
People who like mayo are just better at the game.

Think about it logically fam, you think Mayo would have won if there was actually competent matchmaking? I refuse to believe less than 30% of the playerbase was able to beat out more than 70% in any way other than having the advantage of actually getting matched with the other team, in a pure numbers game, if Mayo was getting consistently matched up with ketchup, they would have lost, no contest.

Yeah, though you'll want sub saver and run speed.

Someone in mumble asked me this week where the song at the end of this webm comes from

youtube.com/watch?v=IHi87vpKASM

I played that event from the beginning to the very end, only to lose in popularity. If dogs weren't a fucking meme the cats would've had it.

Exactly, there are so many sauces that use mayo as a base. Quality mayo can also easily be made at home while ketchup is much more of a pain.

Maybe that 70% was mostly made up of literal children that would rather have their corn syrup hit for the day than actually have a palate.
Mayo vs mayo was pretty common for me (here in NA).

The Irony

Honestly not that surprised. While we were clearly out numbered every mayo I knew was winning 70-80% of games. We just seemed more motivated.

Dynamo is never for rolling. git gud

Fuck Doge.

Well team ice cream won individual matches and they had majority vote (around 70-80%). And I was fighting ice cream all the time. So I think there's still a deciding skill factor involved with the victory to loss ratio.

Our motivation is to protect Pearl's smile and cover Marina in mayo bukake for last splat fest's revenge.

it always seemed like the less popular team had an easier time winning matches. a shorter warm up period because of less warriors doing more fighting, and less waiting around for their minds to get out of splatoon mode. at least, thats how i feel having played both on both super popular and super unpopular teams

i didnt have any connection issues at all in cake vs ice cream. in fact it was the smoothest splatoon ive ever played.

One thing I'm impressed by after seeing video of this Splatfest is the ink really does capture the colour of ketchup and mayo quite well.

Celebrate with 10 minutes close enough of a jar of mayonnaise.

So new datamine for Splatoon reveals variables for octoling boys.

Mayo is the worst ink color because ink doesn't have shadows, only highlights. And the highlights disappear against a white background so
1. You can't see anybody swimming in it
2. You can't see people who have just emerged and are still covered in white
3. You can't see an accurate picture of coverage on the map because the color of map features is also white.
Fighting against white is some morale-destroying Psy Ops bullshit that lesser players (anyone not on Holla Forums) easily succumb to. If they ever do this shit again I'm choosing the white team for the blatant tactical advantage. Seriously the most bullshit time I've ever spent in this game. And I personally still performed well.

You got cooked

im excited for the prospect of more story development. and more squid sisters

huh, and i thought i had it rough with my tvs reds.

Mayo won in EU.

Mayo 3-0 ketchup BTFO

Mayonase is canonically the legally better condiment than ketchup.

come on squigga

It's not illegal to have wrong opinions. Plus that's one slip-up that makes the world interesting.

caguensen

Anyone found some good salt yet? Considering the amount of children within team ketchup there must be loads of it. I want to see those brats suffer from dehydration.
-t. Team Ketchup.

its such a fun and strange setting, i couldnt ignore something like that. the idea that ketchup would be legally better than mayonnaise if we lost made it a lot more exciting and i fought more zealously, if not actually any better.

just imagine a world where sandwich shops were trying to cut down on costs, if ketchup were that much more popular AND legally superior they would just get the shittiest mayo possible if they even bothered because who uses that garbage?
i dont want my squids to have to deal with something like that. those teeth are made for tearing in to dense sandwiches im sure theyre a staple of their diet.

Most of the complaints seems to be about the voting system being stupid. Or that they could not play against many mayos. Yet being Mayo I won 70% of all matches, ketchup could not perform when it was important to do so.

How do i carry in turf war?
I got 29 wins 21 losses during the splatfest

That's a fine record, honestly. Otherwise remember that retreating and staying alive will help you more than a trade

But what they said actually makes sense since inklings always goes after what seems fresh

Now here's someone who's pissed off.
archive.fo/ZovS5

i dont wanna give spyke the snails when murch is doing all the work. why does he look up to him?

how many snails do you get for losing as king/queen? did it change from the 18 in the first game? still got 24 for winning.

pick weapons according to the map rotation

It's very important to feed your squids with a proper nutritional diet. She'll need more than fast foods. She'll needs salads too. And salads use mayo for dressing. Now catsup can be great treats on bird eggs omlets.

Also don't forget her exercise and headpats for positive reinforcement.

Pearl impeachment when?

I got 21 as king. Maybe your ketchup/mayo power gains you some extra snails? I was at 2107.4 .

I was a ketchup king at 1400 power, it's just 3 less for losing

Japanese results -
North American results -
Euro / Oceania results -

Three different territories, three different scores, same winner every time.
This kind of thing happened once before in the original game, in the Pokémon-themed Splatfest; Green / Blue version defeated Red version in all three territories through similar methods.

Mayonnara niggerlovers

Wish we could get naked Pearl and Marina bathing in mayo and catsup.

Why do they hate that sub weapon so much? The Dynamo roller has it, but I'm not using that thing.

Guy getting pissed off from losing splatfest?

he's playing ranked, he evidently had a losing streak.
This isn't even that good as fas as salt goes

its pretty good on the blaster

Did he break his Switch?

Yes, he broke it when there are others who would like to have one.

tri-slosher fags in a nutshell, fuckers need to be gassed

Wow… This is almost DSP-tier shit.

Just because data is in the updates doesn't mean it is confirmed to happen in Splatoon 2. Devs leave shit never used in updates all the time. Mostly left overs from engine testing that will break the game if removed from patch unless it is a major version update.

Are there at least pics of these ripped assets

So far it's only data tags. No assets included yet. Probably because there's no concept art of Octoboys yet. Tags are player model and player type I think. Datamine was in a plebbit thread. You can search for it.

Octo playermodels confirmed then?

Only the females have models if you hack the game. No male models yet.

Oh sit big splatoon Tournament coming to Boston

I can go to this shit

smash.gg/tournament/squidstorm-2017/details

Putz12 is the DSP of Splatoon

i hope theres some kind of cream to treat anemone poison because im gonna pat her head

The white mayo marches on.
There's work to be done.

American's don't know the taste and power of pic related from Japan.

so wheres the fan art of pearl as the mayo baby

Does "Sub Power up" not apply to the inkmines? I tested it out with three of them stacked & they only seem to do 35 damage…

as far as i know sub power up (and special power up) is never damage. but more like usability tweaks like throwing distance or duration.
for mines i think its radius

it increases the size of the circle. not by much. 3 mains is around +75%

just the circle, or the blast too? it would be a little counter intuitive if it made it detonate at a further distance. easier to escape the range of.

never bothered to test. it doesnt kill anyway. mines are largely for detection in s2 rather than killin'.

35 damage is one less hit required for most weapons. for a rapid blaster this is a huge deal.

I dunno, look on Pixiv you weirdo.

fuck off

should i new thread? if anyone else is gonna, then note that theres an error in this op.

I can new thread.

Well I'll be damned.

NEW THREAD