GBA thread

Any recommendations? I think there is a chart but I would like to know if you personally recommend any games in general.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/40418-ips-moemon-fire-red-revival-project-discontinued/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pokeymans, obviously
Golden Sun
The Final Fantasys games if you've never played them on SNES
Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow isn't bad
Mother 3 if you're gonna emulate, dunno if you can import an actual catridge
Sonic Advance 1 and 2 are bretty decen sanics
Zelda Minish Cap and the Link to the Past

Honestly, GBA had a hell of a lot of shovelware. There's still some pretty good titles, though.

Drill Dozer and Boktai 1/2/3 are some of the best games I've played

Nice pleb list faggot

I got a REVO K101, basically a GBA that can read ROMs, mind you some are highly incompatible (like Yggdra Union)

wow what a concept i am shocked

The DS called and asked why you're telling lies

I've only played Advance Wars and Swordcraft Story on VisualBoy and they're really addictive.

Rayman Advance.

Seconding Castlevania AoS.

None. The GBA is a faggot system with faggot audio.

Why do you think it came in gay colors?

wow what a concept i am shocked

The DS was the GBAs successor you fucktard, though its shovelware was definitely worse.

Sage for accidental double post

Dragonball Z Legacy of Goku I and II are also pretty good.

I played that entire pile of shit when it came out, please say you're baiting.

Oh fuck I never thought of it like that. Well at least I hacked mine and wrote a few programs for it back in the day, that should be some hetrosexual points right there.

Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town version since you are a faggot.
Monster Rancher.
Mega Man Battle Advanced.

Seriously, fuck Minish Cap. That game was trash.

Holy fuck that really is pleb shit

>dat second time you beat the game

possibly the best licensed game ever made

kys

I wouldn't mind playing more GBA games if there was some multiplayer support. I'd like to do a Shining soul 2 run.

Nah fam

This is absolutely one of the best games on GBA

too much slowdowns and shitty shmup sections

Megaman battle network, 1 and 2
Underrated as fuck

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1, 2 and 3

If by functioning you emucucks refer to booting, then yeah, sure. Even the PSP does better GBA emulation than the 3DS

here you go lad

Thanks man.

If it works it works you dumb cunt

the best way to use a GBA is to get 4 of them, link them up on a gamecube and play final fantasy crystal chronicles with friends.

emoji the rpg

Nintendrones. We need to gas them, too.

Crazy thing is, most of those games are actually dirt fucking cheap except ones with brand power like Castlevania.

Best use of a GBA is as a controller for your GBP

It barely works, and it's a hack the programmers pulled off using the remnants of the GBA hardware in the DS compatibility section of the 3DS. Compatibility is practically nil.

I am seeing very cheap FFV copies at eBay BUT in my country's equivalent of eBay I see the games at 50+ USD, what the fuck?

I didn't find Treasure's Gunstar and Guardian Heroes sequels to be half bad on it.

Sonic Advance series
GB and GBA Harvest Moon games were really good
Golden Sun
Any of the Kirby games
Metroid
Pretty much anything with Mario

Missing the best game, I see.

Riviera and Yggdra Union are really good. They both got PSP remakes, but the Riviera one especially is SUPER laggy.

Ninja Cop aka Ninja Five-O is good shit.

Be careful, Ching-Chong's Slave Factory churns out a lot of GBA fakes.

I lost my virginity at age 12, and these games are still among my greatest childhood memories.
You owe to yourself to play 'em, bro.

It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

Depends on who he fucked. If it was another kid, nah, it's his fault.

No one cares who rode your ass faggot
>>>/ovens/

Well, I like it…

This motherfucker.

Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure
Legacy of Goku II
Buu's Fury
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Yu-Gi-Oh GX Duel Academy

Listen homo*, I lost my faith in licensed games games long ago (you can hardly blame me), so I'll be needing some convincing here.

*Not that there's anything wrong with that. You're free to find happiness in your own way, and I hope you do.

To be fair, they were pretty good and replayable in comparison to microtransaction P2W mobile games despite being made under a low budget.

The worst games on the gba would outclass an endless runner any time of the week.

They are all very good games.

Just don't play the first LoG game, it's terrible.

WHAT THE FUCK, Holla Forums?

Astro Boy game. Think it's called Omega Force. I can't believe how good that game was, and I'd never seen a single piece of media about Astro Boy before that.

The Prince of Persia game was ok and the Shaman King Master of Sprits series is good.

Doesn't it have a native virtual console? That's a little better than just "booting"

3DS has native GBA support that will play most games on default settings in the gba injecter, certain games need to have their save type change or patchs to get through special hardware.

Go back to reddit dickhead.

Rayman Advance suffers a lot from the tiny screen, the game's intended for a much bigger one and it shows. Lots of sheer drop-offs where you can't possibly know what's next.

Mega Man & Bass suffers from the same problem.

So is the PS2/GC/Xbox era by technicality. /vr/ wouldn't hear anything of it but they fit the chronological definition of "retro".

I remember liking Buu's Fury but the Legacy of Goku games were pretty linear from memory while Buu's Fury had plenty of nice things

>flying around to each location, going into airships fighting bandits and visiting locations like Pilafs palace with enemys from the original dragonball

If you don't mind the simple fighting it's enjoyable.

I'm still asshurt about SNSS3 never coming west.
Is there a decent fan translation?

You're talking about cuckchan/vr/ aren't you? Fuck those autistic cucks
8/vr/ is more lenient with the cutoff date being 2003, and the BO has said he's not opposed to pushing the cutoff forward in the future, but it wll be awhile.

At least the GBA is pretty retro. In some games it feels like a sweet combo of the best the NES, SNES and Genesis were able to produce.

I'm sad for 8/vr/ being kinda dead, but I think it's because in 8/v/ you can discuss things like romhacking, emulation and old hardware without being shitted on (in fact, talking about modern games is kinda harder)

On this thread's subject, the NES classic colection is comfy as fuck. I remember when I got to college, my brother gave me Castlevania as a gift, and I beat it for the first time on my GBA SP

GBA Emulation on the 3DS is also very good, and hackers have adjusted the brigtness and removed the ghosting from the emulation, and it looks great. Currently playing Mario Power Tennis and Zelda Minish Cap on it.

Fixed. Compared to the Famicom GBA collection in Japan we burgers got screwed over. Especially since most of those games could be unlocked in other titles like Animal Crossing or Metroid: Zero Mission. NES games were not worth 20 dollars a piece in 2004.

I don't know about that, since I never bought one of those myself. The only thing I knew was that tha Famicom GBA Collection had far more games.

It was probably a scam as you pointed out, but I assume everybody here emulates or uses a flashcart

I recommend Moemon Fire Red Revival and Emerald if you are thinking of playing Pokemon. They change the sprites to cute girls, no other gameplay changes. It vastly improves the experience especially of Fire Red IMHO. You will find yourself picking up mons you wouldn't normally and experiencing the game in a different way, just because you like their new sprite.

forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/40418-ips-moemon-fire-red-revival-project-discontinued/

2005/2006 is my personal cutoff, with the exception of a few games (early ds).

This is a good ass game

It was a scam, and they did go for 20 bucks per game with no other extras. No one bought them.

Reminder at the time you had compilations of arcade games from Namco and Midway going for that same price. Fuck Nintendo.

Just play FE7 and FE8.

I hope these guys do up to Black/White. I'm not big on the little girls, but those third evolutions are really cute. Blastoise looks like a total Valkyrie milf. I can dig it.

The point of half/vr/ is to separate the 20th century's games from the current millennium's. I can understand why they did it this way since there was so much trash introduced in the sixth gen (e.g. Halo), and that's probably why they never migrated to 8/vr/.

I generally consider anything without an HDMI port to be retro at this point. The PS2 came out 16 years ago now.

*17 years ago.

That argument is butt fuckingly retarded considering Nintendo, Sega, and especially Sony did their damndest to bring in normalfaggotry with varying results. Acting like 6th gen brought in cancer suddenly is retarded, and so is cuck/vr/.

Sixth gen will NEVER EVER be retro.

Deal with it, nigger.

Tell me, user, are there HDTVs that don't turn 480i into a blurry mess replete with lag? They require a CRT to be even marginally playable. They're just as retro as the NES was in 2000

"Here we are at the the various "video games" that people played in this era of history. They called these consoles here "retro"

"Why are these consoles not retro?"

"Because these consoles from 2001-2005 aren't retro just because faggot"

That's like saying that in 100 years current cars will be called "vintage." "Vintage" refers to a specific era in cars, with a beginning and end date. No other car made outside of that timeframe will be vintage. Similarly, there should be "retro" video games and non-retro video games with a strict beginning and end date for that era.

nobody's going to give a shit about these distinctions in 50 years. At some point it's just all going to be labelled as "retro"

Classic car registrations are allowed for most cars over 20 years old, user.