Jedi Knight thread

Jedi Knight vidya thread

also which one of you did this

Reddit did.

There's a discord server where people setup games for DF2 every day user

What was your favorite saber to use? I liked dual sabers.

I feel like a fucking idiot.

Single saber for serious dueling, saberstaff for fun. Would be nice if we got another game with stuff like lighttonfas and lightspears, but that would require good things to happen at some point.

Those are from the EU? A SW game with sabers and other variants light that would be pretty sweet.

Jedi Knight series felt overrated honestly.

Yeah, there are tons of other lightsaber types, but Disney won't use any of them. The detailed swordplay in Jedi Academy was already too complex for normalfaggots to cope with, so you can be sure they'd never add anything like that. Not to mention that Kyle Katarn is a straight white male, which is the ultimate crime.

What about it felt overrated to you?

He deserved so much more.

at least she wasn't a gaping hole in OpSec like the original reveal trailer showed

the writers seemed to know exactly what they were replacing and named the lead something suspiciously similar to DF's female support:
Jyn Erso - Jan Orz

I think they did. It was like they were trying to see how much they could get away with shitting on. As it turns out, even normalfags didn't really like Rogue One, so the joke was on them.

I've been waiting all these years to see a lightwhip in action.

Empire at War Forces of Corruption had Nightsisters that rode Rancors into battle and used Lightwhips

Were they playable, though? The Force Unleashed and The Old Republic both have lightspears, but the player can't use them.

is Jedi Knight Jedi Academy community still alive?

Don't think there has ever been a game where players can use whips properly in combat.

They're weak as shit. Can't even sever a limb.

Lightsabers and other plasma weaponry is all well and good, but
>you will never get to hold hands with a Mandalorian Gladiatrix

Vibroswords dont exist, they were invented by retarded Bioware writters for KOTOR1 because they didnt want to give lightsaber to player character at start or have him use blaster through early levels

So pirates in Star Wars universe were mostly blaster pistols and blaster rifles

anyone can use a lightsaber now though, it would be hard but there ought to be some lightsabers floating around in underground space economies.

I might be up for hosting one of them if you want to get a game going. estranged family is coming so it would be nice to have something to come back to

Don't.

Isn't TORtanic canon now?
It wouldn't make sense for every enemy to have a lightsaber and it wouldn't make sense for there to be no melee.

You could probably get away with a thinly-veiled fangame with all the lore raping. With the shiny metal and lense flare look they're doing now, you could even copy the aesthetic of the OT without them noticing.

What new gameplay mechanics should a new JK game have?

I think changing the saber throw depending on what style and saber you are using could be neat.

I think those are some nice trips. If we followed through on that idea we could have something like Kreia's telekinetic lightsaber combat from KotOR II.