Phantasy Star Online 2: Star Fox edition

THIS IS HOW YOU DO A FUCKING BOSS FIGHT

also we don't have pso2 threads anymore, what gives? It's a really good MMO, probably the only one (outside of private server continuations) these days that's actually really fun to any extent.

also, If you want to play it in semi-english, look up the PSO2 tweaker and follow the steps. The game's free to play, player trades are restricted, but you still have access to the player marketplace and can buy all your good gear for cheap in game cash if you care to look. The game does not shove pay shit in your face and it's honestly like it's not there.

Other urls found in this thread:

pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20170807/
amazon.co.jp/PHANTASY-STAR-ONLINE-EPISODE-角川コミックス-エース/dp/4041059119/
pso2.jp/players/news/20207/
arks-layer.com/
pso2.arks-visiphone.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For the first part, which is terribly designed, spin attack and regular boost on red circle to keep up, shoot at each of the 4 orbs or spin into them, and then spin into stomach and unload missiles into chest.

This is a terrible boss design, i guess the novelty can keep someone excited but the race part is just retarded and boring.
The actual bossfight is alright.

No its not. We have been over this a million times its a shitty MMO unworthy of the phantasy start title.

That's just a prime warframe.

The major problem with Mother is just how large her health pool is. Deus Esca is a much better fight, since he's not nearly as spongy and has more attacks and requires more actions from the player per-second.

No, it's the best phantasy star title to date, and only a handful of casuals that can't get past japanese captcha argue that.

It would have sounded like a joke if the next raid boss didn't actually look like primed warframe.
Skip to 5:50.

I have a feeling heroes will be nerfed, and as always, hunters will be the ones crying for it.

Point is new players can't play hero and supposedly sega said they aren't going to nerf it anytime soon.

There was some drama a while ago so now people playing it pretend they don't visit 8ch and people on 8ch pretend they don't play it.
I dunno why this doesn't happen in other MMOs out there, or why it only happened with PSO2.

Yeah, it does seem like people here just can't stand even passing mention of PSO2, let alone threads for it. I always chalked it up to being anally annihilated that it was never localized.

Had some fun stargazing while everyone was waiting to start the mom fight last night. We reaccepted and I fell through again. We had to leave campship entirely and ended up with a shitty group, but at least we finished.

We were doing cross-block btw.

lame boss
solo'd it easy

how about I argue because the endgame has nothing aside from waiting for events and EQs, and is incredibly shallow gameplay wise?

Having tried the fan translation and the SEA version I can confirm the game is…serviceable. Not bad but nothing to write home about. Having to buy premium content through a third party and basically having no official technical support isn't reassuring either.

Looking at it purely at a gameplay view there's lots of repetition with uninspiring missions. It's more engaging than PSO1 combat wise but that's not exactly a high bar. Like saying GTA 5 is a better open world experience than body harvest.

Story wise class based quest givers typically aren't translated when it comes to flavor text and in mission dialogue is a cryptic mix of cringe and obfuscation with a healthy dose of weebish faggotry. Basically if you're going into the game as an english only speaker you're probably better off ignoring all the story and simply grinding. I can't imagine the kind of autism it takes to play a game in such a way but I wouldn't doubt it exists.

The best thing this game provides is a refined waifu generator.

I honestly stopped caring about the story after learning that the first leg was about a sentient planet and a man who gets so butthurt after his plans are foiled that he becomes a space satan. I stopped paying attention almost entirely when they had that forced idol bullshit. Highschool anime/muh real world shit wasn't really going to get me to pay more attention either.

I don't play it extensively though, I just hop in about once a year, put a few levels on each character, and bail again. I find the gameplay enjoyable, but not enough to keep me hooked. I also accept that a large chunk of what keeps me coming back is the fact that it's Phantasy Star Online, as butchered as that link may be. I just wanna purge space.

Postan OC

pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20170807/
Saw this coming a mile away. The hero nerfs are already incoming. Right now, it's just "bugs" that deal with how freely hero moves compared to other classes, but I'm sure the damage nerfs will come soon, too.

Not like there's any pvp. I don't understand the salt.

shit from the thumbnail I didn't see the penetration part. That's what I get for posting a random picture from the PSO2 folder…

alright, that vid has me interested
how much do i have to grind? do i have to put any money into the game to be remotely successful? where do i start?

Oh no. Hero can't animation cancel and do infinite instant normal attacks anymore. Better go post on a Mongolian basket weaving board about it.

No you can get lots of stuff from free scratches. Aesthetic stuff you can buff your chances with premium currency if you're okay donating through the third party.

You're going to be grinding a lot either way so its best to keep grinding.

Hunter detected.

Hu/Su detected.

The simple answer is that Holla Forums just doesn't play MMOs, or at least doesn't talk about them. Other than the ffxiv thread and fotm WoW private servers, there's only nostalgia threads and "are there any MMOs that aren't shit?" which eventually turn into nostalgia threads.

It's funny how at this point the original classes (hunter, ranger, force) are the most skill intensive because they have so many conditions to set up to do full damage and their slow skills mean they require good positioning and finding openings between extremely aggressive new enemies' attacks.

Those are actual fucking bugs. I've never even found any of that.
You're overreacting.

I'm a dedicated hunter and think that Hero is what hunter should have been since day one. They just need to make more crazy classes for the rest of the weapons and I'll be happy.

If you want to play for the story - there is no grinding, everything is autoscaled.
If you want to participate in raids just for the sake of the feeling of participating in raids - there is also no grinding, as you can participate since level one. They are however not scaled, so you still need to know what you're doing, unless some faggot from the next difficulty tier decides to carry you and one shot raid boss.

I wanted to argue that the most skill based is Fi, but yeah you are correct, finding openings for decent damage with Partizans is much harder than landing backhand smash or spamming some invincible auto combos.
Sega did mention that they want to redesign "behaviour" of the old classes, so hopefully old three will be changed into something relevant.

Can we have a bump please?
Are you looking forward buster quests? They look like tower defense with more gimmicks to me. What do you think?

They look like they might be okay. I'm crossing my fingers that the collect file for them is decent because it'll be the first file since ultimate Amduscia that isn't linked to a scheduled only emergency quest. I also look forward to the butthurt that there's a ton of heroes in buster quests. God forbid people are still playing the new class two weeks after release.

robo body vs human body

You know you can edit bodies separately right? You need to check some box in the options.

I was wondering why you picked cast for a Ganondorf lookalike until I remembered they can pick any colour of the rainbow for their skin. Pretty clever.
Funny how body sliders that look good on robot parts look so wonky if you change into normal clothes. To make the shoulder joints right the cast torso needs to be bigger than default, which means human outfits end up with a dad bod. My cast gets really really thin arms and legs depending on what costumes I put on.
Female casts can suffer from this too. The default hunter body has really broad, square shoulders and an undefined waist in human clothes even though she looks good with parts on.

probably some moon rune option I missed. show me where it is and I'll look into it.

What premium content? This isn't that completely wrong paywall argument again, is it? Because holy shit am I tired of seeing people trying to say you have to pay for game content when that's a flat out lie.

I don't buy it but I know there's premium shit you CAN buy but you can only [sic] do so through a third party if you're a 'mericunt. It's ran by the same group that made the translator app.

They 10 or 20% off the top. That doesn't bother me too much but the idea of doing it through some unofficial back door system seems janky as all hell.

Supposedly, you can do some roundabout way of currency exchanging to buy directly from the official source but that's a whole case of mune runes and shit I don't even want to think about.

I think they mean trusting AIDS not to take your money and run when buyign Arks cash through him (which is dumb because he has a history of doing just that). Seems like most people are too stupid to either use PSO2es or the Japanese PSN to get Arks cash.

i still wanted more classes like, ina normal way.
Like a mid range melee with whips and Morning stars, or some Ranged crossbow/ Boomerang users

Pso2es does not like canadian google wallet.

There is like actual premium subscription in AC shop available.

Tea had a hard life.

I feel like there was a great opportunity to fuck with Tia missed when Gene was temporarily in the main game.

I mean Patty is objectively the better girl, and one of the best PSO2 girls for 5 years and counting.
Boring flat board with worse hair trying to compensate with muh intelligence but always failing to hid her crushing pain of a failed existence makes her only more pathetic.
I don't think I would even notice if tea would stop appearing at all at any point.
Patty is life.

Now looking at my pictures even her ears are smaller.
She worse even at being space elf.

We had one over a week ago. Where have you been?

Episode 0 PSO2 Manga is out.
amazon.co.jp/PHANTASY-STAR-ONLINE-EPISODE-角川コミックス-エース/dp/4041059119/

Tea could have been saved by making her more dere to the MC. Patty is already confirmed to like the MC for being one of the few people who puts up with her, but Tea only has some respect for the MC. It would have been much cuter if they had bantz about each other liking the MC.

To be fair that thread didn't last very long and didn't have much discussion.

Why not Phantasy Star Universe?

Or generally Phantasy Star.

If you absolutely must get something from the AC store, like if you fucked up your MAG growth, then PSO2es and Google Wallet is the way to go since the AIDS crew doesn't skim off the top.
That said, premium status really isn't worth it unless you can't help but hoard digital shit, be an attention whore or want to jew the nips. It used to be the only way you could buy 10 star+ shit from other players, that's not the case anymore.

I don't play enough to know what I would even want to get. If I played regularly and knew what was worth what I might invest in character slots for a start. That's about it.

They might hook me if there's some 75% off thing for some kinda special something or another.

The only thing you might need is inventory slots, and even it's dubious since they added 300 free storage slots for every individual character on your account.

Well the whole point of this game is the waifu creation. Commidity wise that's the only thing that I would see as having value to me as customer.

I could argue class diversity across multiple characters but I don't really care about that. I just want a harem of my own design.

also-dem natsuki tiddies.

off topic- Hyper police is the manga to read if you've never read any other manga

They had me at catgirl but everything about this manga is shit that really gets my motor going.

In the spoilered scene Sakura a magical kitsune (**kitsune is nipponese for fox) is attempting to eat natsuki because she thinks natsuki has magical powers that can help her grow her missing tail. Naturally she starts tit first. CLASSIC.

I play PSO2 for combat, I don't care about any of that weebshit.

Let me guess, you also play borderlands for writing?

I don't play western trash period.

That's what a weeb would say. :^)

Boy do I love this game and its community.

Are you Australian or Canadian?
Australian Private Servers would be dedicated shitpost servers.

Worse. Much worse.

I've only had good interactions with the Team. The hell did you do?

We've never kicked anyone permanently as far as I know, so he must have been on a different team.

In case anyone's wondering why mutli block matching is so fucked, Sega just admitted there's a bug that makes it so that people who are in the camp ship don't show up as possible matches for your search. The system will only match you with people who are already on the planet, and you'll be off the grid as far as matching is concerned unless you leave the camp ship.

MINOR ISSUE
Yeah it does fuck with EQs.
Also now that that godlike campaign quest is gone, where do I rack up 4+ mills exp a day?

NZ fag go home

Rather have an Ephinea thread, tbh fam.

PSO2 > PSO1
Deal with it maggot.

pso2.jp/players/news/20207/
Emergency maintenance to unfuck multi block matching has been announced. They're aiming to start fixing this at 1 a.m. on the 11th Japan time.

Let's play together on Ephinea. I have a hardcore mode character. Only level 98. Kind of stopped since I finally got a DF on Ultima today :^)

Hss there been a nee remix of the main theme, lately? Last time I checked, Deus had just released with one in the finale.

The episode 1-4 limited quest had the main theme in the teleporter room and at the end of the boss rush room. Speaking of the limited quests, now that they're gone, the only way to get a class to 80 in a reasonable time is to find 3 other autists willing to grind VHAQs.

Are you looking forward buster quests?

At first I was thinking it could be fun.
Then I actually played it and I don't find fun at all.

I will say it feels like ever since episode 4 we have only just revisited episode 2 again but more convoluted.

Xion is in another dimension but she's back as mother in a sense with the same personality.
Luther is dead in doubles pocket universe doomed to die, he's back in an alternate universe although Luthers body was originally casra's until he stole it?
Character (A) loses a friend and turns to the dark-side while using ice techs to try and find resolve around a lost friend.
You now have to fight that person so they can return to themselves.
You bring back (A)'s friend and friendship is restored now both are on your team.
Everyone is nerfed except fighter and Braver and braver has shunka shuran restored to former power scaling which broke the game the first time.

You mean except for how Mother is NOT Xion and how their personality is nothing alike? You people claim the English patch is translating shit like this. Is that a lie, or do you people just like pulling shit out of your ass every time the game updates?

My bad, I must have not been paying attention correctly. I sped through the entire story in an hour just to fight Phaleg.

Your character would say stuff like you are just like Xion but that could be a translation error or a context error on my part. I had to check but I cannot find a useful place that gives a brief summary of the story except for this but I don't know whats correct from whats not.

The latter half of Episode 4 and the very early bits of Ep 5 shove it into the player's faces that Mother and Xion are the same being, at least according to the English patch translation. But said translators have been known to take huge liberties when it comes to their "localization".

Huge liberties is an understatement. That's one god fucking awful translation right there. Mother is one of the many failed attempts to recreate Xion made by the photoners, like the profound darkness. When they realized she wasn't going to be up to snuff in their eyes, they threw Mother into hyperspace, and she ended up in the dimension where Earth is, eventually even colliding with the newborn planet and becoming its moon. She isn't Xion from another dimension or anything like that.

They even fucked up Ardem's entire line of reasoning for absorbing Mother and his plan for humanity afterward. The words he used, the words he quite literally uttered, were "paradigm shift" to describe his plan. The translators ignore that and just keep referencing forced evolution, as if to make Ardem more evil because forcing things is the same thing as rape to these assholes.

There was another one up just now for 240.
Though I see you've already gotten two.

I have 3 now.

I'll buy as many as they'll sell to me and do something glorious.

Funny how I accidentally ended up designing my character similar to Io. She could be her older sister. I'm going to siscon in your room while you're gone now.

That's on top of using their own retarded terms and mistranslations, despite having the proper translations and romanizations staring right in front of them. Actually, I'd go ahead and say that the dead SEAmonkey server's Episode 1 translation, barring a few outright retarded name changes, is just a bit more accurate and faithful than the fan translation.

Even the warframe space bosses look better and more interesting then that.

I'm sorry but "Risa" or "Xiela" is not proper and Sega can fuck right off with their retarded engrish.

If it's grammatical error, like in our case, then yes.

It's like saying the name Chang is just a misspelling of Chuck or Charles that must be corrected.

You know while I still disagree, there might be a rational seed in your claims.
Maybe try communicating to people actually doing the translation.

I've voiced my opinions to the translators in a civil tone on the forum and all the groaning by the peanut gallery there prompted the hotpockets to shoah the entire discussion. The only other method of talking to them is their discord server. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure it would end up the same way if I went there with it.

I highly doubt that, but I guess you have your answer.
So either make your own translation patch or deal with LISA.
Which btw is an actual fucking name, unlike Risa which is nothing more than a retarded grammatic error made by sage because randomly using engrish in credits is cool and nothing else.

I don't think Risa > Lisa is a problem. That said, the English version of her name in SEGA's artbooks for PSO2 is Risa.

They also did Jig > Zeig, and Tiea > Tea, so take that as you will.

"Risa" is a Japanese name, sometimes depicted by the runes 理沙

Test

If you're referring to PSO world or people of that ilk if you're not outright felating AIDA you're speaking blasphemy.

SEA version gets shit on (and deservedly so) but apart from "Wizards" and some select changes the actual character dialogue was well translated. Of course there you're committing double sins, that being; Praising the SEA server for ANYTHING and criticizing AIDA. You may as well be posting goatse as far as the PSO community is concerned.

If I didn't know any better I'd say half that place is goons and the other half is deep end autists.

That was the first time I ever got to watch a concert in this game, I was surprised by the amount of effort.
Also, what does the live boost do?

It's a temporary 10% triboost.

I fucking love concerts in his game.
Boost gives you bonuses to rare drop rates, exp and money. You can stack it with consumable boosters.

Because it's a dedicated hugbox. Why would you even go there if not to fellate Aids I wouldn't know. To masochistically enjoy getting shit on by fanboys?
Also internet mentality that "you can't criticize the author if you didn't do anything of similar or greater magnitude" is prevalent among huge number of people, even those who don't give a fuck about Aids&Co, so they will shit on you too simply because you date to criticize someone's effort.

Oh, I didn't notice it since it was so small, not like I had many chances to notice it, ever since yesterdays maintenance I keep losing connection at random.
I got dropped out of this EQ 3 times.

Just think: the concert system probably only became a thing because players relentless mocked Sega for the original Miku "concert", which was just a video on the ship's monitors that spammed a Project Diva video. Miku truly did bring song to PSO2.

This is a pretty fucking spot on example of just the mild end of the groaning I got from saying AIDA's "grammatical fixes" are unnecessary and that the direction of the alterations are starting to look like the work of 8-4 and Treehouse. The extreme end of the groaning was flat out accusing me of being a fucking nazi or possibly even a Gamergater.

That's your problem, bud. The constant second guessing of what others are saying and thinking you know better than everyone else is one of the chief reasons many translators produce shit work. Can't be satisfied with just doing a straight translation, gotta fix shit that isn't broken too.

>So either make your own translation patch or deal with LISA.
If you release a translation patch it should be full of translations, not interpretations. There is a difference and it's one that too many translators refuse to acknowledge.

It's worse now than ever before because SJWs have forced a change of the meaning of the word translation to mean a 1:1 exchange of the words with no regard for context, grammar, or syntax when it actually means a 1:1 exchange of meaning. They replaced the very concept of translation with localization in an attempt to make it look like "……" is a proper translation of an entire fucking conversation.

I remember when it was first released. Just making an argument for a western release was heretical. If you Voiced legitimate concerns regarding security and accessibility they would get thoroughly triggered.

If those of PSO World are to be believed it comes from the whole PSO/PSU JP debacles wherein many players would play on the JP server first because they were the "hardcore" fans of their day when importing games was more uncommon.

If you weren't part of that scene or skipped PSU for whatever reason and weren't burned by PSU's handling by SEGA you essentially were persona non grata in terms of discussion. I jumped into PSOBB in around 2009 or 2010 on the schtserver and that was really my first experience playing online since I couldn't afford a sub before then. I essentially had no bad experience with SEGA so I was open to an English release.

My argument hasn't really changed since. I want non autist tier people I know to be able to join me to play. Of course I'm fine with moon rune captcha but try explaining that to a semi-normalfag. Or expect a normalfag to play when multiple characters, screens and item text are still all in Nipponese. Hell, for a lot of people on Holla Forums it's too much . I see it as a bad case of "muh secret internet club" cranked up to 11.

That would be nice but you could say goodbye to most of the cosmetics since most of them are collabs with other companies, not to mention how far back we'd be in content.

Honestly, after seeing the censorship that's happened to certain games that didn't even get localized (namely, Granblue), I'm glad Sega never made good on the localization announcement. They won't feel pressured to turn the sexy bikini into a burka for the west.

I haven't played enough to even do any of the collabs so I'm not really missing out on anything in that regard. Perhaps if I cared more about the community/game I'd be inclined to give a shit.

An english release is a bandaid on a corpse at this point. The english PSO fanbase either gave up and plays some other action oriented online games or was on the further end of the weeb spectrum and plays the JP version now.

Sometimes I feel that I would fit right in in there, but then I come to that shithole and they have topic about proper affixes order sprawling 2 fucking years and hundreds of pages.
I will never be as autistic as those fucks.

Thread confirmed for kill? I was gonna say I wouldn't mind adding a few people from here if your character is cool looking or based on a character.

If you add me you'll get my Ganondorf Partner who makes some LoZ style jokes and such.

Looks like shit. You can be anything you want and you choose to be a retard. Shame…

Let's see your partner then faggot.

Picrelated, bottom one.

ur a fagget

I guess his point is that with limitless potential you made something boring, and what was made probably a bazillion times before.
Between being boring person and nintoddler I doubt anyone would want you in their friend list, for partner or otherwise.

We posting our characters now? Hope I can trigger the anti-toasterfag again

user I… am the anti-toasterfag.

Fug

I guess you're a faggot

I've never seen it done until I did it. It's better than any number of unoriginal waifubait characters floating around with two flavors being tits and non-tits.

Speaking of unoriginal waifu shit, nice desuchan.

Sorry you can't afford all the consoles. Your mum keep you on a tight good boy point budget?

Like clockwork.

None of these are mine.

Plebs

Hot damn.

I tried to argue the same, but apparently the game has totes changed in the last year or so. At least that's what a few people tried telling me in a previous thread.

No, it's still waiting for EQ's. There's a couple of dedicated autists around here that will tell you this game shits edible liquid gold as long as it gives them an audience.

is it still only SEA officially?

Damn I've been bested.

Eh? Nothing fucking changed compared to a year ago, or two years ago, or five fucking years ago.
Ok 5 is a stretch, but really, you have more shit, but it's the same shit. It's the same game, so if you though that EQ is the only worthwhile activity back then, you will still think so today.

SEA is rip for a while now.

Gaelen/Ottolette/Io-fag still plays?

why do people play on Ultima at all?

Guaranteed rewards for fucking up a certain number of enemies and crafting being viable. That's what people told me.

Oh collection files right.
So instead of spamming EQs for a chance to get rare weapons you can now spam EQs to get rare weapons for sure.
And no, crafting is not viable.

soo.. what do I need to do in order to play?

Fuck I mean, basically if only shit you cared about was so-called "end game" and gear treadmills, then nothing conceptually changed, and there is no real reason to play it, since you won't ever reach the point of "being done".

But if you want anime online game that isn't wow clone, then PSO2 is still the best one.

This TBH

arks-layer.com/ has all the resources you need to get started. If you do post your player ID ITT and someone will invite you to the team.

Fuck I recognize pic 3. Name is Vcube or something. I've seen them around a few times.

I am still waiting for that western release.

So they could remove bulge sliders? Nah.

It's a video of someone who is a fan of Phantasy Star but also has the normalfaggiest of tastes. Kind of describes some people in the team tbh.

Sup bro.

I have tried so many times to login.

Everything is done correctly, as far as I can tell. But I just can't play.
The game runs. It's all in English, but the second I try and connect to a shard, it pretty much tells me my account is American and I can't play.

I even went out of my way and sent an email to the official support "Hey, I used to really enjoy playing and I want to do it again." and they pretty much said "Fuck you White Piggu"

Copypaste the error message you get into this thread.

Fuck you White Piggu

The guy obviously neither played episodes 1-3 nor got to the cuhrayzee parts of episode 4, but otherwise his video is spot on.

In case anybody cares Phantasy Star Portable 2 now has fully functional 60 fps cheat/patch for PPSSPP that doesn't affect running or collisions.
_S ULUS-10529_G Phantasy Star Portable 2_C1 60fps ON_L 0x00630B6C 0x00000001_L 0x20662FF4 0x42700000_L 0x20662FF8 0x0000003C_L 0x20662FFC 0x3F800000_L 0x20663004 0x3F000000_L 0x20663008 0x3C888889_C0 60fps OFF_L 0x00630B6C 0x00000002
Didn't try it for infinity, still waiting for it to be translated lol.

You may need to use the IP tool in the tweaker.

That's what I always warned people about when playing PSO2. There's no official support if you're pigdog yankee devil. You have to rely on the kindness of strangers if you have some technical issues.

hope can help you.

Only three more years to go.

Dr. Aki, I'm ARKS.

She wasn't alone.

You don't get to bring natives.

They are not natives.

Don't worry, no emergency trial for them.

Why would I want them?

They were trying to grab your samples. They work for the Dark Falz. The masked man.

Persona?
Get them on campship, I'll call Bridgitta.

What are you doing in the middle of story quest?
The MPA I just passworded lists me, my support partner and Dr. Aki here. But only one of you.
FIRST ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY ON.
SO… WHO SPAWNED YOU TO GRAB DR. AKI?!
HE DIDN'T DROP GOOD LOOT.
WHO WANTS TO TRY NEXT?!

Tell me about Persona, why does he wear the mask?
Lot of loyalty for a generic darker!

For us

send help pls

Stopped there. This is probably the second stupidest PSO2 related video I've ever seen. It gets beaten out only by the one where some retarded black guy rages incoherently for 10+ minutes about how Sega betrayed its fans when he was talking about the SEA server IP ban as though Sega had anything to do with the management of that server.

This video gave me AIDS.

does using that still fuck up the online?

Have I transcended?

Are BQ weps even good? Is there a reason to grind for them rather than Deus/Mother weapons?

Nope. Entry tier, very easy to grind and better than revolucio but otherwise it's bad.

When's the last time the normal lobby music played? I miss it.

I haven't played in like a year and still have +35 huge cutter. New shit better than that?

Nope. pso2.arks-visiphone.com/ has item data covered.

Shiggy Diggy

Huge cutter was a mediocre weapon even when it was introduced.
It is popular just because how fast and easy you could get non-shit 13* fighter sword. At least while Ethan was in the lobby.
But yeah, new weps are shit compared even to that.

That's like 1/4 of the entire fight fucko.

Oh you got me.

Maybe old Revo, but with the new Revo poten they easily outclass the BQ weapons for any content outside of BQ.

This is almost austere/astra tier, what the fuck.>>13229073

Yeah, Revo are stupidly good for what they are. I've thought about farming more of them, but with what SEGA said about them being "starter" 13*s, I've been holding off.

Looking at the BQ weapons that may have been a mistake. Think they'll buff those sometime?

It's still 10% less attack than BQ crap which is quite a lot if you consider bonus from attribute and bonus is reset if you switch to weapons other than revo, while it may be fine for Hero, losing access to orbit hurts a lot.

They will probably add another pot later but I wouldn't count on it.

Why?

I've invested in an orbit just so I can do BQs as a non-HR. Melee classes that aren't HR are just totally shafted in that game format.

inb4: Hero is the only class

Well I mainly play Hu so I never run out of PP.
I dunno how much orbits help technique classes.
Hero is absurd though, the only reason to play other classes now is just "for fun"

D-did I just spend my month's worth of luck?
Will I be run over by a car tomorrow?

I'm a 57 Fo/46 Te and I need help understanding how to gear in PSO2. I've looked at the guide on FullDive and it hasn't helped out that much. Like, how am I supposed to know which of these is the better option. The raw number on the staff is better, but the Talis isn't anywhere near as grinded.

Also I've got literally zero clue on which units to use, but I'm managing to stumble my way through that by just upgrading the first Luxe set. I can survive a few hits from bosses on Super Hard, so I'm not in a awful spot, but doing anything past the first 6 areas in SH is almost impossible solo for me right now.

Hiel units are a good starter set, they provide a nice chunk of PP but have shit defense so you better learn how to git gud.

As for the weapons, since you're a FO you only need to pay attention to the t-atk, HP, and PP affixes. The talis has better affixes, so you're better off grinding it if you want to swap.

It doesn't really matter, though, because those weapons are just steps towards a real long-term weapon (I would advise looking for a nox talis), so you can pretty much use whatever you want for the time being.

The end game gear for FO is extremely painful, so you should be looking at only using rods or talis, then building your way towards a 13* of every element so as to maximize the effect of your techs. Two notable ones are Nox talis, which has a boost to dark techs, and Gal Wind, which has a boost to wind techs.

I advise you to get saiki and NT 12* like nox with max attribute of choice for weapon - saiki are quite cheap now and you can use +30 12* later to grind 13* from +20 to +30 in one go with 100% greater grind chance or whatever it's called. Grind them of course, but not extend because at ex8 it's expensive and at ex3 you'll lose armor that, at this stage, will probably help you more than extra PP.
Reminder to be careful when feeding mag so only t-atk grows up.

Don't fucking bother with affixing until all of your classes, including Hero, are at level 75.
You'll be just wasting money, time and brain cells.

Units to aim for are indeed saiki, but you can craft any unit set to ex.3 and it will carry you through SH just fine, just make sure set is giving you some nice bonuses like PP or ATK.

As for weapons you can get Collection Files from Pudding. Zenezis ones are pretty good, but it's like 2 months left so I'm not sure if you'll be able to get 6 of them that you need for +35.
Revo weapons are super easy to gather though, and with second pot they kind sorta good for how easy it is to get them.

Important thing about weapons is elemental/attribute stat. You need to max it to 50/60 level in order to use full power of the weapon.

I wouldn't say don't bother with affixing. Soul/attack3/spirita3/(stamina3 or flict) upslotting from 3s is piss easy if you use souls that boost the stat affixes instead of ult souls.

I remember playing that on the Xbox 360. It was pretty cool meeting people by joining random parties.

how much longer is maitenence?

About 1hr+ from the time of this post.

why does that bird have tits popping out of the royal cloak

I… I don't know what you're talking about user.

PHAT BURD TATS

That artist has some insane hate boner for that Sena anime character.

Maidoll is a pretty good artist, but I can't bring myself to fap to his porn. Something about it turns me off.

That said, I would totally read his stuff if he did manga. The guy's pretty funny.

I actually enjoyed that part of the fight more than the rest of it.

Good taste, I like them both.

Can you guys fuck off with calling this an "MMO"? I'm sick of seeing you guys everywhere claiming this to be the saving grace of MMOs despite it not being one in the slightest.

Only now I realized that the MC is a kyast, joints on these parts are too visible in game, wish that wasn't the case, especially with most new parts. Also, gotta agree with porn/non-porn part.

But this game has interactive chat environment and specialized instances for actual gameplay like 99% of "MMO"s out there, so fuck off, bait-kun.

The moral of the story: always have your shitter filter on.

I'll call it whatever I want.

>implying there aren't designated expert shitters like me
Don't play with randoms duh.

The shitter filter is disabled for free matches, though. Hope you like eating shit!

It's really hard to fail free matches though, so I think it's not too much of a problem.

I came close one time, though, and by that, I mean that two towers got completely shit on because people were AFK leeching.

IRC chats aren't MMOs and neither are action based Lobby oriented games.

There's no massive world to explore therefore it's not an MMO. By your logic FPS games that have experience gain and learnable skills are RPGs. You're objectively wrong and your opinion is invalid. We are all dumber for having listened to your illogical conclusion.

That's fine but if you call it a MMO you're fucking wrong.

How it is not mmo? There are thousands of people playing it at a time.

Because it's not.

Is call of duty an MMO? How about league of legends? By your definition the "thousands of people playing" would make them MMOs.

Need for speed world and the crew are pretty massive open world racing games. Tom Clancy's ghost recon wildlands is a very massive third person shooter game. I wouldn't call any of those MMOs.

Why does PSO have to belong to a certain genre for you to be validated for playing it?

I would file it under the category "action based online game" to keep thing simple. If you want to refer to it as a MMO in shorthand for normalfags you can but that's not what it is and once the normalfag in question has played it for long enough they come to understand it's not a MMO they are playing but rather an action based online game.

It's like someone going to a gun store and asking for a rifle when instead they point at a shotgun on the rack that happens to have an adjustable stock. Just because a shotgun has adjustable stock does not make it rifle. You're confusing a components of a thing with what the thing actually is.

No, PSO2 is not MMO in true sense of the word like Ultima but it is MMO according to modern standards, so please do kindly fuck off with your sophistry.

I'm not attempting to deceive anyone. I even conceded that for the uninitiated you could use the shorthand "MMO" if you're okay with deceiving said person at the time.

By modern standards women and trannies can join the military. You wanna talk about logical fallacies how about you stop moving the fucking goal posts.

Yes? Yes it is. I mean not the old ones where you didn't have to log in servers and level up your shit, but modern ones are.
Same for battlefield and what not.

I dunno man, do you login into those and play with other people? If you do they are.

So where does it land Left for Dead? Where you can play both online and offline and set up servers and shit? Or Senran Kagura? Except those aren't "massive", unlike PSO.

No one would Identify it as a MMO though. It's obviously a FPS with rpg elements tacked on for your particular flavor of Skinner box. Battlefield would drift closer to MMO margins in terms of scale but it's still not world of warcraft.

The main selling point of battlefield, planetside 2, Tribes and other assorted "big map" FPS games is FPS. The connectivity and RPG mechanics if present are ancillary to their existence. What would you tell a person who looked over your shoulder and saw you playing planetside 2 and was curious what kind of game it was? What kind of game is it? How would you describe it using as few words as possible to convey what's happening?

It's a FPS. The core gameplay is FPS unless you're a stickler and you're playing a commander role then it gets into RTS territory but for 99.9% of the people playing it's a FPS

Despite what some of the lower rated community tags might indicate these games aren't actively identified as MMOs. If they are it's a addendum, not the main selling point. If you're wanting a proper ubisoft MMO then I would say look into "The Division". That's about as much MMO as you can get into a third person shooter game.

Otherwise you're looking at some racing games and a third person shooter.

FPS online or off.
file that under interactive fan service.

Are you autistic?

if you have to ask you already know the answer.

I'm not sure if it's a slip by the artist or it's actually done right…