Mafia/Berenstain Bears crossover

Where did the subtitle 'The City of Lost Heaven' come from? It's not on the box, it's not in the game, it's not in the manual, and it's not on the website, so where did it come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20070927185712/www.mafia-game.com/indexnews.htm
web.archive.org/web/20020608164728/www.mafia-game.com/indexnews.htm
tcrf.net/Mafia_II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also the game is shit don't play it. The entire franchise is garbage.

it came from your moms house, kinda like i just did too

dubs

>BERENSTAIN
>BERENST(((A)))IN

This is a serious question no hijinks allowed.

After further research, the only places I've found the subtitle is on a Russian copy of the game and in several reviews in 2002. But why is that the case if the game was never called that?

Keep in mind it's a Czech game, the subtitle was originally there and dropped for American release.

It's hardly the only game a fandom will use a subtitle never used in their country to distinguish a title from future entries. The first Golden Sun game is called "Broken Seal" and the first (officially) released English Fire Emblem game is Blazing Sword even though both subtitles were dropped in the west. Also helps that just "Mafia" on its own is generic.

Damn, you're right. I forgot what nationality the developers were. Thanks a lot, this was bugging me for a while.

Hillary psy-op shillmesiter goons detected.

Fuck off, you're not covering up this conspiracy.

Lost Heaven is literally the name of the city in the game you underage fuck.

Picrelated is how I know you haven't even played it.

I mean it's not like you visit this Airport at two pivotal moments in the storyline (though I think one of those times is not guaranteed).

checking dat id

The subtitle was used inconsistently, mostly in marketing (you'd know if you were around at the time) and I think in some Russian releases. Clearly it was based on the name of the city so your claim that 'it wasn't in game' is bullshit. I'd go dig up the manual and case I've got but it's back at my home and I'm away (I suspect it might vary by release region too).

Half-Life: The Lab of Black Mesa.
Baldur's Gate: The Dungeon of Trap Checking.
Doom: The Planet of Mars.
Shenmue: The City of Yokosuka.
Morrowind: The Island of Morrowind.

The Moons of Mars*

Your original claim was that The City of Lost Heaven wasn't anywhere in game, clearly false and only something someone who hasn't played the fucking game would say since it's plastered all over the place (Lost Heaven Airport, Lost Heaven Racetrack etc). Additionally the name of the City (and thus the subtitle you're asking about) was obviously chosen to reflect the themes of the story, it's more than just sticking the name of the setting in the title.

web.archive.org/web/20070927185712/www.mafia-game.com/indexnews.htm
This would be the official site for the game also.

web.archive.org/web/20020608164728/www.mafia-game.com/indexnews.htm
It was there at least as early as June 2002 also.
That means that when you said "it's not on the website" in the OP you didn't check there either (particularly since the website has been down for a good few years now, hence the archived version). So you haven't played the game and you didn't even take 5 minutes to look for the official site. Go back to wherever you came from and stay there.

you what?

Has the RockStar style?

tbh, i kinda agree with , gameplay aged like shit and story is a godfather ripoff

It was very impressive at the time, in every way, but now not so much.
Play Mafia 2 if you like short cover shooters, half of the game is cut and what's left is a goodfellas knockoff,
i like the art style and vito tho.

The game is awesome when you don't have to drive slowly, walk slowly, or figure out a very specific way to complete a mission.

what is this pose?

That's a load of crap. There's practically no overlap in their themes. Mafia 1's story stands on its own unlike Mafia II.

Are you one of the fags who didn't find the health boxes? Unless you meant the excessive driving focus in the first few missions, also the race though at least you can either use the shortcut or patch it nowadays.
So you haven't seen the Godfather. Not denying it takes a lot of themes and specific story moments from various famous films mind.

I remember a self challenge to finish each game at 100 life.
Pretty easy, except the levels where you escape from the hotel was pretty tricky, specially the one where you go into that factory or some shit and baseball bat everyone.

When it came out, it was amazing. Almost everyone, who had computer, was playing it. Even the people, who weren't normally playing games.

My hatred of 2K for ruining the sequel (and the development studio) will never stop.

Friendly reminder tcrf.net/Mafia_II

He claimed that the subtitle wasn't, not that the phrase wasn't in the game whatsoever, you fucking smug autist mongoloid.

I don't even like this game, haven't beat it, don't give a shit about it, but you lack reading comprehension and are stuck up about it.

Driving is used way too much, even late in the game, but it's not as annoying as the really crude gunplay, crude walking and shit level designs

I have seen the godfather, and mafia takes the most generic themes of the genre that could be found in 1930's scarface

There's ton of overlap, how power corrupts,
>your BEST FRIENDBROTHER KILLS YOU
power of the mafia to protect compared to cops, how both characters recognize the evil of it and want to leave it, etc
it's not an exact ripoff but the themes are clearly there.

The lead developer said he wanted to do a game about mafia, which nobody done before; so he used many elements known from mafia books and movies. And most of them are based at least loosely on reality and he wanted his game to be realistic. They were first, so they put in the game everything you expected from a game about mafia.

As for level design - most places are based on or inspired by real locations (for example, last mission is set in replica of Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna).

And yes, there is much driving, but it was done well, makes an integral part of the game and many people played Mafia just to drive around and didn't bothered with the story.